PDA

View Full Version : Thebes Dragon - September 17 2019 (Needed for the Oracle Oasis Dragon Tales Event)

deadpixel
09-17-19, 10:37 AM
https://i.ibb.co/Q6Ks6fC/Thebes-Baby.png

Rarity: Common
Type: Egypt, Black https://i.ibb.co/VpvKChm/Egypt30px.png https://image.ibb.co/i9GQyp/Black30px.png
Habitat: Hidden Oasis, Black Sands
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 https://image.ibb.co/eZGNB9/Gold20px.png
Selling Price: 100 https://image.ibb.co/gYGiJp/Coin20px.png

Breeding Combination: Official: Black + Red (Or try: Egypt + Black)
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780 https://image.ibb.co/jQ6NB9/Exp20px.png

Good luck! We have six days before this dragon is needed but have up to eight days to breed it before we panic.

Steel yourselves because there are 22 potential breeding failures with four that have long breeding times; they are the Titan (32), Penumbra (25), Wizard (22), and Planet (19).

Got it breeding Lotus with Playful (Black + Red) on my first try :tickled_pink:

https://i.ibb.co/GQYnMhX/252-A9-D7-B-6-CFF-4-FAC-B4-C3-50-EB70-BC3-A3-D.jpg

 => 
https://i.ibb.co/cT7SDxt/C01628-D5-6580-40-DC-AEC1-9-BC71-D61846-A.jpg

  

Good luck to everyone :)

skyharbor602
09-17-19, 11:05 AM
Got it with Neo Black and Neo Fire, 5th try. Two were fake 4 hr results (Ferret). Thank goodness the parade wasn't like Khnum a week ago.

fasionate
09-17-19, 11:17 AM
Hi just if you could change the date on topic is wrong.🥰

deadpixel
09-17-19, 11:24 AM
Hi just if you could change the date on topic is wrong.��

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll need to PM the Mod or one of S8's staff to change it.

Edited date KP

Ellerslie6
09-17-19, 11:50 AM
Thanks for early notice deadpixel.
I will not be panicking - this event has become totally tedious - even more so this time because we can only acquire Egypt habitat if we spend real money.

And of course the fact that (a) we are running out of room for more habitats; (b) maps and island pieces as prizes are useless for high level players, and (c) for many of us so called common dragons are impossible to breed has made the game more of a frustration than entertainment and (d) it is becoming increasingly difficult to acquire a new breedable dragon thru normal gameplay so after hours of breeding and hatching the egg gets sent straight to the sale yard.

I now spend more time focusing on tournaments and food acquisition to level up my favourite dragons.

Sorry for venting but this game used to be so much fun.

Nuicakes
09-17-19, 11:58 AM
1. Lotus x Playful = 22 hour Wizard

.... nightmares of a Khnum repeat.

2. Lotus x Playful = 6 hour Awoken
3. Lotus x Playful = 16 hour Charm
4. Illusion x Playful = 12 hour Dark Phoenix
5. Night x Fire = 9 hour Celestial
6. Night x Fire = THEBES

AraRaider
09-17-19, 01:28 PM
NOT ANOTHER BLACK AND RED COMBO! UGHHHHH! WE just HAD black and red combo painfully breeding for Khnum! What a nightmare....thanks a lot S8z >~< not! Lol.

ozigal
09-17-19, 04:58 PM
Got excited ,should've known better. Now I breed a khnum.grrrr.

NeidusBluetip
09-18-19, 04:33 AM
First attempt: Playful + Night = 10hrs
Second attempt: Playful + Raven = 11hrs
Third attempt: Fire + Raven = 10hrs
Fourth attempt: Fire + Night = 10hrs
Fifth attempt: Fire + Night = 4hrs

Got it!

ang5291979
09-18-19, 10:19 AM
I will not be panicking - this event has become totally tedious - even more so this time because we can only acquire Egypt habitat if we spend real money.

And of course the fact that (a) we are running out of room for more habitats; (b) maps and island pieces as prizes are useless for high level players, and (c) for many of us so called common dragons are impossible to breed has made the game more of a frustration than entertainment and (d) it is becoming increasingly difficult to acquire a new breedable dragon thru normal gameplay so after hours of breeding and hatching the egg gets sent straight to the sale yard.

I now spend more time focusing on tournaments and food acquisition to level up my favourite dragons.

Although I’ve been playing DS since the beginning, this is my first time responding in the forum. Just wanted to say I agree 100%. This game has become tedious AND ridiculous. All TL cares about is money. The game is no longer any fun

squigglish
09-18-19, 11:54 AM

Hi, I agree. It seems that everything that DS has done lately is designed to make the events more time consuming and difficult. That is why we chase our tails constantly breeding these common four hour dragons that fill the habitats. Look at how many dragons need to be acquired to complete the tails and the number of apples required to raise them. Maybe you don’t enjoy the tales but want to earn the monthly dragon. Guess what? While in the past, you had to earn 20,000 pieces to earn it, now it requires 30,000. That pretty much ensures that you have to work through the tales or spend gold. I still have fun with the game, but I choose only to parti

delimiah
09-19-19, 01:10 AM
Ok got it after 3 tries with Night & Fire.

PaulsonsPlace
09-19-19, 07:07 AM
I actually got it after a few fails, I didn't think I could ever get anything with red +black after the nightmare that was Khnum.

amerirish
09-19-19, 07:09 AM
Having nothing but fails on two dens (11 hours, 12 hours, 32 hours, one 4 hour that turned out to be a Ferret :mad: )

ETA: Just put Night & Playful in the den and got 4 hours - fingers crossed

ETA2: Night & Playful did the trick :D Thebes is hatching now :)

shortdanzr
09-20-19, 06:21 AM
finally have it on the nest

greywagtail
09-20-19, 08:29 AM
Struggling wit this, got Ferret, couple of Corals, Dark Phoenix (which is good for disenchanting). Now 17 hours which I think will be Super. Not spending gold on this.

ghostiemom
09-20-19, 03:24 PM
I can’t breed this stupid “common” for anything.

chuckyt888
09-21-19, 12:00 AM
It's ridiculous. A common dragon for Dragon Tales shouldn't take 15-20 attempts to breed which is not UNcommon.

They are trying to monetize everything. Unfortunately there is nobody around for that. They would have been making the money they were 2-3 years ago had they a) kept the events and tournaments fun and fair and b) not decided to monetize SPACE to put the dragons people acquire. To me, the space issue is unforgivable.

Mostreal
09-22-19, 07:19 AM
On day 6 and still no common, but last fall was the last time I couldn't breed the common dragon....I guess once a year having this much of an issue may be just chance...still frustrating. I got a lot of lunar ram dragons, one neo bubble, two corals, one super...

EDIT: I was thinking about it an a couple of years ago, I couldn't breed the common dragon but was able to buy it for 50 gold. It would be a bit less stressful if the common dragon wasn't 200 gold now.

LocalNews
09-22-19, 07:24 AM
So many fails this time. I am literally Charmed to death. I have only gotten one 4 hour fail. Most of my fails are in the 10-16 hour range. Probably not going to be able to do this event since can?t get my common. I am ready to start Day 6 but not too optimistic this time. I even have two dens going too and that isn’t helpful.

Update: Never could get the common so stopped trying and used the food I was going to use to upgrade some of my diamond and champion dragons. I might do the same for the next Tales too as my space for dragons is getting very limited anyway. Might just do the battle tournaments in the future.

lovdance
09-22-19, 03:22 PM
I just got it on my first try with Fire and Redwing.

kickit689
09-23-19, 09:59 AM
I am soooo done with this game now there?s a million frigging pop ups right in the middle of completing a task that it times out. And holy [] forget trying to get this new dragon. This used to be a fun game. Not anymore!

mymonta
09-23-19, 07:59 PM
1st account: can't breed Thebes even with 2 breeding dens. This account is done and will save up food instead of completing Tales.

2nd account: Finally bred Thebes after activating second den. Plenty of food and will complete Tales.

3rd account: can't breed Thebes even ewith 2 breeding dens. Using gold to skip tasks that require it.

This sucks. 😕

chuckyt888
09-23-19, 09:21 PM
Still no Thebes despite being well into double digit breeding attempts? Me either.

S8, when will you stop *****ing customers?

Mostreal
09-24-19, 07:51 AM
I just got it on my first try with Fire and Redwing.

Oh man, tried that, was so excited to get a 4 hour time...it was Ferret...

chuckyt888
09-24-19, 01:29 PM
The least they could do is weight the active required dragon for a Tales more heavily in breeding outcome. Instead when black doesn't actually split on you, you are more likely to get one of the other common dragons from previous Tales. These should flat out be removed from the breeding pool at the end of each Tales.

mymonta
09-24-19, 02:56 PM
So, of course, the minute that I posted that I couldn't breed Thebes, I actually did get it on my oldest account, so now I am playing catch-up on that account and trying to get to where I should be. I had already discarded my mirror deco because I didn't think I would need it.

ratsinthecity
09-24-19, 03:51 PM
Can I hatch and raise Thebes before it asks me to hatch it, I’m a bit behind and looking for ways to save time. I have it sitting in the nest. Thanks in advance for anyone nice enough to reply. I’ve been playing since 2012, but I don’t participate in the events much to know all the little details and I don’t want to make the mistake of hatching it early since for once I was lucky enough to get it on the second try.

skyharbor602
09-24-19, 03:58 PM
Can I hatch and raise Thebes before it asks me to hatch it, I’m a bit behind and looking for ways to save time. I have it sitting in the nest. Thanks in advance for anyone nice enough to reply. I’ve been playing since 2012, but I don’t participate in the events much to know all the little details and I don’t want to make the mistake of hatching it early since for once I was lucky enough to get it on the second try.

Yes and you could raise all dragons to the goal level before it's asked. Get Thebes up to level 6 ASAP.

ratsinthecity
09-24-19, 04:03 PM
Thanks so much, after I saw your post I rushed and hatched and it’s evolving now.

chuckyt888
09-25-19, 01:13 PM
I've tried 30 times breeding for this. Explain yourself S8

Fyym
09-25-19, 03:30 PM
I've tried 30 times breeding for this. Explain yourself S8
Dont worry, you'll get the dragon non-stop when the events over. "We don't mess with the breeding numbers during events".

chuckyt888
10-02-19, 07:07 AM
Dont worry, you'll get the dragon non-stop when the events over. "We don't mess with the breeding numbers during events".

So the first breeding attempt using red and black I made since this event ended was a 4 hour timer. Yep, it was Thebes. Just thought everyone would get a laugh. This happens after virtually every event.

A little honesty goes a long way.

Smh