PDA

View Full Version : Saw something interesting...

badger8
04-18-11, 08:09 PM
I actually saw someone in the community who had taken away his entire dance floor and replaced it with regular floor. Obviously, you won't get any tips this way, but I watched for a little while, and the avatars were doing ALOT of drinking now that there was no dancing to be done. Not sure it's what I'd do, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there...definitely a way to speed up the slow drink problem!

sophiacml
04-18-11, 10:42 PM
Seriously? That doesn't make sense at all in reality! But worth a try cause I'd really like to get rid my drinks and make more sales!

TheFluffySlipper
04-18-11, 11:31 PM
What you see in other people's clubs is not necessarily what is registering within their own game. Dancers drinking a lot may just be how TL have set it up for visitors to see. The only way to really know if they are drinking more would be to ask them. Would you mind leaving them a message ... I'd love to hear what they say. :)

badger8
04-19-11, 12:32 PM
I asked why and he said he took out the dance floor because he doesn't like the tipping, gifts in the game. Takes too much time. I guess he just doesn't care for the social aspect of it. He didn't answer if the drinks sell faster, although I asked. He may not know if he's only been playing this way. Kind of different.

ahshan
04-19-11, 12:53 PM
I must try this at once!

ahshan
04-19-11, 01:17 PM
Do you know if they had chairs? I think chairs may have an affect on it.

badger8
04-19-11, 02:17 PM
Yes, he had chairs and tables. Looked like a lounge minus a dance floor.

ahshan
04-19-11, 02:33 PM
I'm testing it, but I don't notice much of a difference.

Edit: I tested it out with 5 minute periods.
Without dance tiles, I sold 41 drinks in 5 mins. With dance tiles, I sold 39 drinks in 5 mins. There is not much of a difference because the drinks do not sell every x seconds so it's basically the same rate. So it's better with dance tiles since you get tips and XP with it.

sophiacml
04-19-11, 05:13 PM
I tried with the chairs too. It doesn't affect the sales.
I'm testing it, but I don't notice much of a difference.

Edit: I tested it out with 5 minute periods.
Without dance tiles, I sold 41 drinks in 5 mins. With dance tiles, I sold 39 drinks in 5 mins. There is not much of a difference because the drinks do not sell every x seconds so it's basically the same rate. So it's better with dance tiles since you get tips and XP with it.

badger8
04-19-11, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the test guys!! Great to know.

TheFluffySlipper
04-20-11, 02:39 AM
I asked why and he said he took out the dance floor because he doesn't like the tipping, gifts in the game. Takes too much time. I guess he just doesn't care for the social aspect of it. He didn't answer if the drinks sell faster, although I asked. He may not know if he's only been playing this way. Kind of different.

How very anti-social of him. Keep an eye on this suspicious character! *raises eyebrow*

:p