PDA

View Full Version : Sale of New Dragons Coming Soon!

deadpixel
08-23-19, 11:27 AM
https://i.ibb.co/4JTPs29/50-D20998-C717-434-D-AF7-F-BA21-FF36-F556.jpg

Three new dragons coming, a Gold Producing, Marble Key Producing, and Food-Producing Dragon.

Not sure what they're priced at, but grab any chance you get to stock up on gold, don't let any gold sale slip by :)

Troyan7
08-23-19, 01:16 PM
They should created an upgrade for habitats for these dragons.

We will require 8 habitats for GPDs, 4 for food dragons, 1 for marble, and 1 for bomb, dynamite and map each. Thats 16 habitats for 32 dragons! 16 habitats take up soooo much space, when we could normally fit 32 dragons into only 7 new habitats!

shortdanzr
08-23-19, 03:29 PM
y do i not get any of these popups

deadpixel
08-23-19, 08:37 PM
They should created an upgrade for habitats for these dragons.

We will require 8 habitats for GPDs, 4 for food dragons, 1 for marble, and 1 for bomb, dynamite and map each. Thats 16 habitats for 32 dragons! 16 habitats take up soooo much space, when we could normally fit 32 dragons into only 7 new habitats!

I wholeheartedly agree with the call for upgraded habitats; assuming they aren't going to cost us 500 gold. However, I can foresee some technical and gameplay difficulties they'd experience doing this for us.

BTW, we will require 9 habitats if we own all GPDs :) The Treasure Terrace is out in the store again for those who had previously reached their limit on this habitat. :D

deadpixel
08-23-19, 10:07 PM
I just realized that they haven't increased the number of Marble Shore habitats. That means if we get the new MKPD, it's going to have to squeeze in with the previous one, and that would mean that we'd have to collect from the habitat more often because the limit on the number of marble keys it can hold each day would probably still be three :blue:

sophiesonsters
08-24-19, 03:25 AM
Cost are 4000 gold for gold dragon called ‘shining luck‘, 2200 for marble keys dragon called ‘landbringer’ and 2000 for food dragon called ‘Fisher’ but I imagine there will be a 50% off sale on release

deadpixel
08-24-19, 03:58 AM
Cost are 4000 gold for gold dragon called ‘shining luck‘, 2200 for marble keys dragon called ‘landbringer’ and 2000 for food dragon called ‘Fisher’ but I imagine there will be a 50% off sale on release

Ouch! Assuming a 50% off sale, we’re still looking at 3,100 gold to get the two more useful dragons :blue:

swannygirl
08-24-19, 10:31 AM
Does S8 still do a black Friday/cyber Monday sale in November? I had an absence of a few years but seem to remember gold dragons having a special sale around that time of year. I?m contemplating saving up until then if that?s an actual thing.

Mikep101
08-24-19, 11:47 AM
Yup... 3100 would be expected. I start saving gold between each major gold dragon offering so I have enough for the next. I wish they would bring back the cheaper GPD's for sale so I could collect them. The 2000 gold ones make it hard to have gold to play and save for dragons. I guess they make them lots of money.

As far as black friday sales it varies. Often there is a 5 dragon habitat for cheap. Some years I've seen gold dragons on sale and some not. Partly it depends on if you already have the ones that are usually sold.

deadpixel
08-24-19, 08:28 PM
A gold sale popped up so I'm ready for the upcoming dragons sale, but I'll be on bread and water for my lunches the next two weeks :blue:

Mostreal
08-25-19, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have the marble key producing dragons? Is it worth it? I am contemplating but I'm not sure even 3 keys per day is worth the cost. At this point that's basically one extra slot per month since I have hit the point where it costs 40 keys to clear a new spot.

What about the food producing dragons? Right now, I have 800K food....so again, not sure how useful though at least with the food producing dragons I do always need food, whereas the map and marble key producing ones I will not always need.

The gold ones are a no-brainer for me, though I do consider how much they cost vs. how much gold they give to decide - I like to break even in 6 months or so, though I may up that since it seems I like this game enough that I will be playing for a while.

dovanificent
08-25-19, 11:26 AM
I hope they advertise it 2 weeks prior to the actual sale like the last time.

retseho
08-25-19, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have the marble key producing dragons? Is it worth it? I am contemplating but I'm not sure even 3 keys per day is worth the cost. At this point that's basically one extra slot per month since I have hit the point where it costs 40 keys to clear a new spot.

What about the food producing dragons? Right now, I have 800K food....so again, not sure how useful though at least with the food producing dragons I do always need food, whereas the map and marble key producing ones I will not always need.

The gold ones are a no-brainer for me, though I do consider how much they cost vs. how much gold they give to decide - I like to break even in 6 months or so, though I may up that since it seems I like this game enough that I will be playing for a while.

I have 1 on a L200 island but I passed on my L177 island as I still have uncleared normal forest.
For all L200 islands, we really have no choice but to buy MK dragons even though they will be useless after all the MK forests are cleared.

I keep almost all the dragon prizes as eggs in storage so am limiting the increase in dragons on habitats per month to the events required Common, the crafted Mining, the crafted Battle parts & the monthly dragon. I usually skip DT now.

Most of us will pass on the Apple Producing dragon. We harvest Apples faster.

The new GPDs at 2000 golds on sale breakeven in 13.3 months at 5gold/day or 16.6 months at 4 gold/day.
The new GPDs eat about 800k++ apples to reach L15 for 5 golds/day.

amerirish
08-27-19, 08:58 AM
I just realized that they haven't increased the number of Marble Shore habitats. That means if we get the new MKPD, it's going to have to squeeze in with the previous one, and that would mean that we'd have to collect from the habitat more often because the limit on the number of marble keys it can hold each day would probably still be three :blue:

This irritates me more than anything (even the gold cost for the dragons). Right now, I have an alarm on my phone to help me remember to collect my 3 keys every 24 hours+1minute. Now I'll have to have 2 alarms at 12 hours+1 minute to maximize the number of keys I can collect. This 'gosh darn', 'flipping' game is like having a part-time job in addition to my real life full-time job :mad:

Mostreal
08-27-19, 09:08 AM
I have 1 on a L200 island but I passed on my L177 island as I still have uncleared normal forest.
For all L200 islands, we really have no choice but to buy MK dragons even though they will be useless after all the MK forests are cleared.

I keep almost all the dragon prizes as eggs in storage so am limiting the increase in dragons on habitats per month to the events required Common, the crafted Mining, the crafted Battle parts & the monthly dragon. I usually skip DT now.

Most of us will pass on the Apple Producing dragon. We harvest Apples faster.

The new GPDs at 2000 golds on sale breakeven in 13.3 months at 5gold/day or 16.6 months at 4 gold/day.
The new GPDs eat about 800k++ apples to reach L15 for 5 golds/day.

I hear ya! I'm at level 200 also with only the marble islands to clear. I also keep most of the prize dragons in storage. I collect enough gold between gold produce,friends, etc to buy 2 5 dragon habitats per month and that's where the prize dragons go. I did save up to but all the available 5 dragon habitats for this month as tropic are my favorite. I am also working on converting all my 3 dragon coin habitats to 5 dragon habitats. I don't use essence for dragons since I don't have room so I did get a five peaks habitat recently and moved a bunch of dragons off a Red Rocks. As luck would have it, while i was trying to figure out what do to do with the one remaining dragon on the habitat, I got a Freedom and needed room for the Redwing from a Dragon Tales...so while I didn't really eliminate a habitat, I did at least have room for two new dragons...

The last GPD I got I was able to break even in 6 months - I think it was 800 gold. I wish they would have sales like that again, it wasn't even THAT long ago - year and a half maybe. I would buy gold to get a gold dragon for that.

I do have a baby account that's at level 45 and I think it will be interesting to see how island clearing goes. I just started playing him more frequently but so far I only have that top section by the first section cleared - but I've only been playing once a day until recently.

deadpixel
08-29-19, 12:02 AM
https://i.ibb.co/2v2smf4/C86-BCC36-7-FE8-41-BD-82-DF-F2-C824737294.jpg

Hey! Looks like we'll get a chance to get some of the previously released GPDs :)

Save / Stock up on gold! Skimp on the mad spending on bingo for the next few days LOL :D

amerirish
08-29-19, 06:19 AM
Hi deadpixel - there's another splash screen that hints at new Food/Gold/Key producing dragons also :D

orson32
08-29-19, 06:56 AM
Hi deadpixel - there's another splash screen that hints at new Food/Gold/Key producing dragons also :D

That topic already has been started here on the forum..

Mostreal
08-29-19, 07:06 AM
That picture hints that there will be some habitats for sale - I need those 5 dragon habitats!

deadpixel
08-29-19, 07:16 AM

Sale of New Dragons Coming Soon! (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?109277-Sale-of-New-Dragons-Coming-Soon!)

Posted it last Friday ;)

deadpixel
08-29-19, 07:18 AM
That topic already has been started here on the forum..

Thanks Orson :)

kooky panda
08-29-19, 10:05 AM
I merged both threads.

deadpixel
08-30-19, 12:57 AM
I merged both threads.

Thanks for merging the two posts and making them a sticky :D

amerirish
08-30-19, 11:36 AM
Can we please get a definite end date of this sale? So many of the dragons have 15+ hour hatch time - even as much as 28 hours. Thanks :D

ETA: Please take this under advisement: I would buy so many more sale dragons if they could go into storage instead of needing to be hatched immediately. We are currently in the middle of an event that requires breeding and hatching so it's a terrible strain on players to have the sale at the same time. Hatch time is an actual consideration for me during these sales that could be eliminated easily if the purchased eggs could be put in storage so that I can hatch them at a more convenient time for me.

greywagtail
08-30-19, 11:41 AM
Gold Lion purchased and on nest :love-struck: My gold is almost exhausted

deadpixel
08-30-19, 11:42 AM
If you're getting the MKPDs, remember that you only have to feed and evolve it to level 10 to get the maximum of three Marble Keys per day. Raising your MKPD to level 10 will cost you 75,000 pieces of food and 80 total hours of incubation and evolution time.

The latest GPDs, on the other hand, will eat you out of house and home, consuming 886,450 pieces of food on its way up to level 15, where it can then give you five pieces of gold per day after 96 hours of incubation and evolution time.

mymonta
08-30-19, 11:51 AM
I'm only going for the new marble key dragon, and that's only on one account.

GPDs just cost way too much money, although this new one is very nice to look at, too.

I realize that some dragons are difficult to breed, but I don't know why some of these dragons are on sale because I get them all the time: Seer, Druid, 8 Bit, Lunar Ram, March Mayhem, Holographic, Explore, Loch Ness, Ambassador, and Wooden all pop up regularly on my islands. I can't count how many Seer and Ambassador dragons I've disenchanted, and that's after keeping 3 of each so that I can have baby, juvenile, and adult or epic on *each* island. Basically I don't disenchant anything I don't have 4 of. Lol! I actually purposely kept 4 March Mayhem and put them all in the same habitat so that I would have a whole basketball team. Lol!

greywagtail
08-30-19, 12:15 PM
I'm only going for the new marble key dragon, and that's only on one account.

GPDs just cost way too much money, although this new one is very nice to look at, too.

I realize that some dragons are difficult to breed, but I don't know why some of these dragons are on sale because I get them all the time: Seer, Druid, 8 Bit, Lunar Ram, March Mayhem, Holographic, Explore, Loch Ness, Ambassador, and Wooden all pop up regularly on my islands. I can't count how many Seer and Ambassador dragons I've disenchanted, and that's after keeping 3 of each so that I can have baby, juvenile, and adult or epic on *each* island. Basically I don't disenchant anything I don't have 4 of. Lol! I actually purposely kept 4 March Mayhem and put them all in the same habitat so that I would have a whole basketball team. Lol!

Always get those dragons too. Elder is also common with a long breeding time (groan) I’m disenchanting dragons I only have one of - need Passion dragon, Huntress etc

AwesomeChefDad
08-30-19, 01:00 PM
Pretty much a dud as usual, only two 5 habitats and over priced gold producing dragons that will take you 1.5 yrs to return the investment. I purchased the ONE marble dragon they allow...which makes me mad. If I want to buy 5 why not?

For us older players I didnt see much of interest in this at all, I might buy a few 5 habitats but nothing more.

amerirish
08-30-19, 01:18 PM
I'm rather disappointed that of all the habitats on sale there are no Champ or Stone which is what I really need :(

ETA: I really need Zodiac habs too :( (not common though, they're a waste of space)

bravewarrior
08-30-19, 02:37 PM
I was willing to buy gold for this sale, but I will not buy less than a limit 5 habitat. I view DS as a game and try not to take it so seriously.

I've been waiting for this sale all week, only to be disappointed. I wanted to trade in two of my metal limit 3 for some metal limit 5 so I could make room and buy some more limit 5s during the sale. Only limit 4s??? I had this all planned out; put the money in my monthly budget plan since I got a big commission check this month. I thought I was going to have fun. Then I was praying the gold sale wouldn't dissappear before tonight. And then it all fell apart because limit fours were only offered. Glad I waited and didn't buy.

skyharbor602
08-30-19, 03:19 PM
How do they have the Soccer Field habitat but no Soccer Dragon on sale or available to craft in the codex, smh.

[S8] Elsa
08-30-19, 05:08 PM
How do they have the Soccer Field habitat but no Soccer Dragon on sale or available to craft in the codex, smh.

<narrowly dodges as a blue and yellow blur suddenly whirs by>

Mostreal
08-30-19, 06:19 PM
I was willing to buy gold for this sale, but I will not buy less than a limit 5 habitat. I view DS as a game and try not to take it so seriously.

I've been waiting for this sale all week, only to be disappointed. I wanted to trade in two of my metal limit 3 for some metal limit 5 so I could make room and buy some more limit 5s during the sale. Only limit 4s??? I had this all planned out; put the money in my monthly budget plan since I got a big commission check this month. I thought I was going to have fun. Then I was praying the gold sale wouldn't dissappear before tonight. And then it all fell apart because limit fours were only offered. Glad I waited and didn't buy.

I understand - I went through and found 4 5 limit habitats - Shimmering Shoal (225g), Buccaneer Bay (225g), Five Peaks (260g), and Great Beyond (260g).

I'm moving all my tropic types to 5 dragon habitats so I'm going to buy some of those and the last of the 4 monthly habitats, then I'm thinking of getting the Great Beyond but I'm going to see what I have.

I'm also not buying the sale gold producing dragon but found one cheaper that gives 5 gold at level 10 so I'm getting that. I guess next time I'm going to have to buy the more expensive ones since I'm out of the cheaper ones.

I'm also trying to decide if I want to activate the breeding boost and diamond temple.

Anyone know how long this sale is good for?

bravewarrior
08-30-19, 08:59 PM
On Fashion Story, the offers are marked four days. I got two cool item.

skyharbor602
08-30-19, 10:25 PM
Elsa;1593280']<narrowly dodges as a blue and yellow blur suddenly whirs by>

The blue and yellow blur whirs by to its final destination, a Soccer Field, no less, built on the island of Sky Harbor. Achilles, Diamond, Infinity and Passion waited for their brother, Soccer, breathlessly so they can all party together and celebrate victory at the hands of dreaded champions in the Battle Arena. As they reunite, the caretaker of Sky Harbor looks to the sky and thanks the S8 guardians, especially Elsa, for guiding Soccer home and completing ADIPS. It is truly a glorious day throughout Sky Harbor Island.

greywagtail
08-31-19, 12:37 AM
Just noticed Congo at 350 which might be in my price range. Is this a good battler? I have found it to be a nightmare to fight against.

amerirish
08-31-19, 04:42 AM
Elsa;1593280']<narrowly dodges as a blue and yellow blur suddenly whirs by>

This is a very clever way of saying that Soccer has been added to the Market for 175 Gold :D

mymonta
08-31-19, 06:19 PM
Mostreal, I *think* the sale will last until Tuesday at reset time, but I wouldn't guarantee it.

PuntaMita
09-02-19, 11:07 AM
Hi, is 500 gold the best deal for a 4th nest, or is there a better deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
I've had so many long incubation times another nest would really help!
Also, are the Diamond temple/Breeding den recharge on sale now?
I'm afraid to touch anything for fear it will start right up.
Thank you!
*just had a pop up for Diamond Temple- 150 gold. So maybe the den is as well?

dovanificent
09-02-19, 06:31 PM
I'm 57 gold short to buy the gold given dragon. I guess I'll have to wait for Thanksgiving.

retseho
09-02-19, 08:22 PM
Hi, is 500 gold the best deal for a 4th nest, or is there a better deal on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
Thank you!

Yes, 500 golds for 4th nest is the best deal, it has never been offered cheaper.
Breeding Roost or recharging it is now 50% off at 50 golds for a week's use.

PuntaMita
09-02-19, 09:06 PM
Yes, 500 golds for 4th nest is the best deal, it has never been offered cheaper.
Breeding Roost or recharging it is now 50% off at 50 golds for a week's use.
Thank you, I really appreciate it!
I'm a long way off from affording a GPD so Nest & habitat it is!

deadpixel
09-02-19, 10:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/C21g2hr/28613-F1-F-F260-443-B-8-CC5-0383-B83-D251-F.jpg

This "Last Chance" notice popped up early today so I'm guessing that we have until the Tuesday event cycle to get everything we want :)

amerirish
09-03-19, 06:38 AM
https://i.ibb.co/C21g2hr/28613-F1-F-F260-443-B-8-CC5-0383-B83-D251-F.jpg

This "Last Chance" notice popped up early today so I'm guessing that we have until the Tuesday event cycle to get everything we want :)

I wish they'd stop trying to be cute (which they are NOT) and just tell us when the sale ends :mad:

AwesomeChefDad
09-03-19, 01:33 PM
I wish they'd stop trying to be cute (which they are NOT) and just tell us when the sale ends :mad:

I have bakery and rest story and they DO tell the time sales end, why this one does not is a mystery. I think its usually when the new game begins since its always correlated.

Ellerslie6
09-03-19, 02:25 PM
Thank you!

DIAMOND TEMPLE
Hey Storm8
How about half price sale on activating the Diamond Temple for those of us who already spent the gold acquiring it?
Thanks

[S8] Elsa
09-03-19, 02:34 PM
DIAMOND TEMPLE
Hey Storm8
How about half price sale on activating the Diamond Temple for those of us who already spent the gold acquiring it?
Thanks

The cost to repower said 150 to me. Were you seeing a different cost?

Ellerslie6
09-04-19, 01:48 PM
Elsa;1593926']The cost to repower said 150 to me. Were you seeing a different cost?

It told me the cost is 300 gold. I just checked again and still 300.
Doesn’t seem fair that we miss out on bonus offer simply because we are the loyal long term players who already forked out full price.
Thanks for answering

[S8] Elsa
09-04-19, 01:53 PM
It told me the cost is 300 gold. I just checked again and still 300.
Doesn’t seem fair that we miss out on bonus offer simply because we are the loyal long term players who already forked out full price.
Thanks for answering

The sale ended 9/3 at 10am so it should say 300.