PDA

View Full Version : Does TL support respond?

MissFiona
04-17-11, 12:30 PM
I expanded with coins but I lost 20 gems too! I've emailed about 10 days ago but no response! This is theft, as I bought the Gems earlier.

talyon
04-17-11, 01:47 PM
I expanded with coins but I lost 20 gems too! I've emailed about 10 days ago but no response! This is theft, as I bought the Gems earlier.

I've had a response from them in the past via email. Can't remember exactly what about and have since deleted the email. So I hope they respond to your situation.

TheFluffySlipper
04-18-11, 11:04 PM
Ten days?! Oh I would definitely follow up on it.

MissCeara
04-19-11, 09:29 AM
They have always responded to me very quickly. If the email is sent early enough, it is often the same day. Sometimes, the next day. I think that it also depends upon the severity of the issue, as I get the feeling that they triage the tickets, so to speak. When I need technical support or to report a player, it is a fast response. When I have simply emailed feedback, I got a delayed response. But it was still no longer than a week.

GroupMagma
04-19-11, 09:33 AM
I'm sorry; our Technical Support team is very busy at the moment. I'm sorry your issue is taking so long to respond to. I would send them a follow-up email with the same information to make sure it is in their system.

MissFiona
04-19-11, 11:31 PM
I'm sorry; our Technical Support team is very busy at the moment. I'm sorry your issue is taking so long to respond to. I would send them a follow-up email with the same information to make sure it is in their system.

I did send a second email the day I posted this thread and I'm really disappointed that till now I have still not heard back other than the auto response

MissFiona
04-19-11, 11:35 PM
I did send a second email the day I posted this thread. I am disappointed that till now I have not heard back other than the auto response.

MissFiona
04-20-11, 10:19 PM
So I received a reply today and this what their email said in it's entirety .....

"We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response. Do you still need assistance with this issue. Please let us know. Thank you very much.

Yours,
TeamLava Support"

Hmmmmm......I'm totally lost for words!

talyon
04-20-11, 11:56 PM
So I received a reply today and this what their email said in it's entirety .....

"We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response. Do you still need assistance with this issue. Please let us know. Thank you very much.

Yours,

TeamLava Support"

Lmao. I hope you replied just the same.

TheFluffySlipper
04-21-11, 02:03 AM

Yours,
TeamLava Support"

I see what they did there ...

Rachael98
04-21-11, 02:53 AM

Stupid TL. Why does this keep happening?!

Rachael98
04-21-11, 02:56 AM

So I see...but we're discussing response of the SUPPORT team (support@teamlava.com)! I, too, am waiting for a reply AND am annoyed at TeamLava because gems keep going missing: fraud!

MissFiona
04-21-11, 02:07 PM
I received another response today and they said that I used my gems for additional slot. I'm at Level 27 with 15 slots. Where is the "purchased" slot?

MissFiona
04-21-11, 02:35 PM
Update: so I told TL that I don't have an additional slot which they claimed I purchased as I am at lvl 27 with 15 slots. Their response was:

"Unfortunately, we aren't able to reverse player transactions. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Suggestions please!! This is fraud!!

GroupMagma
04-21-11, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not able to look into this issue, as I don't have access to your account information. Our Support team does, however.

MissFiona
04-21-11, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I am not able to look into this issue, as I don't have access to your account information. Our Support team does, however.

But it appears that the Support team is not being very supportive about this issue. I find their last response quite abrupt without any explanation at all. I purchased gems, and due to a glitch in the game, I lost some gems. If I did infact purchased an additional slot (although unlikely as it requires a couple of steps to purchase slots) I should have 16 slots at Level 27, but I only have 15. I would not be as upset if I did not purchased gems with cash. This nonchalant attitude of the Team is very suspicious to me. I feel *****ed. They really ought to make this right for me, instead of ignoring the issue and say sorry you are SOL.

GroupMagma
04-21-11, 05:19 PM
What support says is correct; in-game transactions aren't able to be undone. However, if you have one fewer Slot than you have purchased, that's a different issue. You should provide Support with screenshots of your Slots (in particular, the location where the extra slot should be) to see if they can assist you further.

TheFluffySlipper
04-21-11, 10:54 PM
What support says is correct; in-game transactions aren't able to be undone. However, if you have one fewer Slot than you have purchased, that's a different issue. You should provide Support with screenshots of your Slots (in particular, the location where the extra slot should be) to see if they can assist you further.

Seriously GM?! She has said she didn't purchase an additional slot - she is saying her proof is that she has the correct amount of slots for her level.

This is her issue as stated in her OP:

Understandable that 'transactions' can't be reversed, but why can't people be credited with the missing gems when a mistake occurs?

Rachael98
04-22-11, 04:04 PM
TEAMLAVA!!!! WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT?!?!? WHY DO GEMS KEEP GOING MISSING? The essential problem here for you TeamLava, yes you is that this is fraud. At any moment, anyone can press charges against you. And you sit here unhelpfully. THE THING IS, THIS IS NOT A ONE OFF!!! As I have explained to GoldenRod, my friend has also lost gems. There are plenty of others too. Fix it. Now. Of you'd apologise and give the money back perhaps... but just walking us round in circles is completely unacceptable. GroupMagma, I appreciate the difficultly of your front-line job which is determined by your superiors, but you surely have some leverage? Why don't you feed back that most of the forum wants to get this money back to the rightful owner? Or else.

Rachael98
04-22-11, 04:09 PM
I warn you TeamLava, I am very good at putting together a good argument...and with resources like this...

Rachael98
04-22-11, 04:10 PM
Seriously GM?! She has said she didn't purchase an additional slot - she is saying her proof is that she has the correct amount of slots for her level.

This is her issue as stated in her OP:

Understandable that 'transactions' can't be reversed, but why can't people be credited with the missing gems when a mistake occurs?

Exactly. I will do my very best.

GroupMagma
04-22-11, 05:10 PM
If you have not received the benefits from a transaction made, and you can provide screenshots verifying this, Support will be able to provide you with the Gems back.

Since we are not able to assist you with information in the forums in which your individual account information needs to be accessed, this isn't the appropriate venue for these questions.

Rachael98
04-22-11, 05:16 PM
If you have not received the benefits from a transaction made, and you can provide screenshots verifying this, Support will be able to provide you with the Gems back.

Since we are not able to assist you with information in the forums in which your individual account information needs to be accessed, this isn't the appropriate venue for these questions.

As I have previously said, you have a very difficult job that you do very well. It is your superior's greed that makes you and us suffer. TeamLava is such a solid brick wall with things like this that I'm not even going to bother trying to argue about this. But I will win.

Mogwai4111
04-22-11, 05:44 PM
Rachel- stop using the word 'fraud'. Just stop.

MissFiona
04-23-11, 10:37 AM

I am sure Support can access the information they need for investigation. I should not have to send a screen shot. They were the ones who claimed that I purchased a slot instead of the gems disappearing with my coins when I expanded with coins. Support sounds like a very incompetent team. They should verify their findings before accusing me of being the stupid one. If they really do not WANT to do anything about this, so be it. I certainly will never purchase anymore gems ever again and I will take up this issue with iTunes and my credit card company.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 01:51 PM
I am sure Support can access the information they need for investigation. I should not have to send a screen shot. They were the ones who claimed that I purchased a slot instead of the gems disappearing with my coins when I expanded with coins. Support sounds like a very incompetent team. They should verify their findings before accusing me of being the stupid one. If they really do not WANT to do anything about this, so be it. I certainly will never purchase anymore gems ever again and I will take up this issue with iTunes and my credit card company.

I wish you luck. I'm afraid you'll need it. A lot.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 01:55 PM
Rachel- stop using the word 'fraud'. Just stop.

I'm sorry but I'm very fussy about this: Rachael. You missed out the "a".

Anyway, if you really want I'll stop, but it is and I'm actually just quoting (without the use of the correct grammar-inverted commas) the owner of RS restaurant owner: barbiedolls. Well, that's my defence if TL prove somehow that's it's not "...fraud..." (using the correct grammar now) and accuse me of making false accusations, that's my excuse anyway.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 02:08 PM
Once support@teamlava.com finally responded, this is the gist of what they said:

I received another response today and they said that I used my gems for additional slot. I'm at Level 27 with 15 slots. Where is the "purchased" slot?

Evidently, it was support's idea that another slot had been bought. This may have been because they accessed recent receipts.

This is correct:

Even if this was from a receipt, the support team surely have the ability to see people's accounts and games (if not how can they verify if reports of eg. bad language are true?) In the unlikely event that they can't, that is not MissFiona's fault.

And then, TeamLava (I will not hold the Super Moderator, GroupMagma to blame- s/he just has to pass on TL's response) write:

Correct. However, I think this is not a discussion about one case. It's lots of cases very similar to this. And it needs to stop happening. Now.

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 02:34 PM
I'm sorry but I'm very fussy about this: Rachael. You missed out the "a".

Anyway, if you really want I'll stop, but it is and I'm actually just quoting (without the use of the correct grammar-inverted commas) the owner of RS restaurant owner: barbiedolls. Well, that's my defence if TL prove somehow that's it's not "...fraud..." (using the correct grammar now) and accuse me of making false accusations, that's my excuse anyway.

Actually Rachael, they dont have to prove it's not fraud. This is not a reverse onus situation. The accuser must therefore prove the case. Also, fraud is usually a criminal action so it's a higher level of burden to prove on prosecution side then in a civil breach of contract. The civil is usually a form of breach of contract. American law may be different. That's not my forte. Want to pursue $ lost because of missing gems?...absent any slip of the users fingers, someone would have to be willing to file a small claims action.

Not me. That gets expensive in it's own right, in time lost and court fees that may or may not be recovered.

I'm not defending them. I'm ticked over my Easter bunny stuck in storage on the farm. It's just that I've seen people use the fraud accusation so much over the past year when it's not really. Misrepresentation, sure. Breach of contract of sorts, probably. But ultimately, none of these until proven in court. And who really wants to take it on?

There was someone claiming to be a lawyer in California on here sometime back, as well as a new York lawyer. But as t.l. Is CA, that would be the right jurisdiction. To my knowledge, he/she didn't file anything, so probably had nothing to file on.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 03:02 PM
Actually Rachael, they dont have to prove it's not fraud. This is not a reverse onus situation. The accuser must therefore prove the case. Also, fraud is usually a criminal action so it's a higher level of burden to prove on prosecution side then in a civil breach of contract. The civil is usually a form of breach of contract. American law may be different. That's not my forte. Want to pursue $ lost because of missing gems?...absent any slip of the users fingers, someone would have to be willing to file a small claims action.

Not me. That gets expensive in it's own right, in time lost and court fees that may or may not be recovered.

I'm not defending them. I'm ticked over my Easter bunny stuck in storage on the farm. It's just that I've seen people use the fraud accusation so much over the past year when it's not really. Misrepresentation, sure. Breach of contract of sorts, probably. But ultimately, none of these until proven in court. And who really wants to take it on?

There was someone claiming to be a lawyer in California on here sometime back, as well as a new York lawyer. But as t.l. Is CA, that would be the right jurisdiction. To my knowledge, he/she didn't file anything, so probably had nothing to file on.

I'm British so I don't know anything about American law either. I assume you're referring to British law here. I may well have used the wrong term, but surely deceiving someone (including you with your bunny!) is illegal anyway. As I point out, I quoted, so that makes no charge of false accusation against me. Whatever it is, the gens should at least be given back without this sort of raging legal argument of threats of lawsuits and what not every single time that TeamLava makes a mistake. Why can't they admit stand graciously give in (*exasperated!*)??? I also have all the evidence I need to take on TeamLava here. On this forum. Searching through the stuff that is irrelevant to the case brings up more cases like this. I also have a neighbour on RS whom I helped get gems back for. I have not personally been *****ed, so I can be the prosecutor. I would charge nothing, of course. As you can see, I can put up a very good argument (sorry if this post does anything to annoy, insult etc. anyone, that is not the intention!), as it seems can you. If it came to it, as part if the TeamLava community, I would hope you'd be willing to help a little bit whether it be helping cobble together a decent case or just giving a couple of tips. My friend was *****ed, I dint like this sort of thing happening. It ruins the games. :)

Again, sorry if this offends etc. anyone, it is, I admit quite a forceful and long post. Please do not start shooting at me.

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 03:30 PM
Oh don't get me going on my poor trapped bunny 

No, keeping my bunny in jail isn't illegal, just bad programing that will hopefully get fixed. ok, well could argue false imprisonment, but animal welfare infractions are, sadly, not treated seriously enough by the courts. I doubt theyd deal better with virtual clip art animal cruelty.

FREE THE BUNNY!! . Sorry, momentary distraction.

I wouldn't file a claim for 24 gems. Well maybe, if I can wear a disguise because my peers would laugh me out of the court room. Heck, I'd laugh me out of the courtroom. I'm laughing at my frustration now, tho I'm still frustrated.

Heres the whole thing. Big difference between proving intent when it can just be bad or incompetent programming. Phrase your claim wrong, you can lose the whole thing. I can't give you or your friend tips. Civil law isn't my thing. For that you need a lawyer who specializes in Civil actions. So where is that California lawyer anyways? New York? You guys here?

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 03:37 PM
As for why business do the things they do, t.l. In particular, I'm not convinced they're being nefarious. They answer to storm8. I think, really, their programming needs work.

There's a ghost in the machine so to speak. When they look at their logs it may well be showing that your friend bought another slot, even though no new slot is allocated. Your friend knows she didn't buy one, one isn't showing, but the script says it's so. Not intentional, just script error...deadpix, help me out here. Does this sound possible?

Hopefully when the programmers are back to work they can sort it out. Sending a screenshot to show no extra slot though wouldn't be a bad idea. Might help them pin point and exorcise this particular script ghost.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 03:41 PM
Oh don't get me going on my poor trapped bunny 

No, keeping my bunny in jail isn't illegal, just bad programing that will hopefully get fixed. ok, well could argue false imprisonment, but animal welfare infractions are, sadly, not treated seriously enough by the courts. I doubt theyd deal better with virtual clip art animal cruelty.

FREE THE BUNNY!! . Sorry, momentary distraction.

I wouldn't file a claim for 24 gems. Well maybe, if I can wear a disguise because my peers would laugh me out of the court room. Heck, I'd laugh me out of the courtroom. I'm laughing at my frustration now, tho I'm still frustrated.

Heres the whole thing. Big difference between proving intent when it can just be bad or incompetent programming. Phrase your claim wrong, you can lose the whole thing. I can't give you or your friend tips. Civil law isn't my thing. For that you need a lawyer who specializes in Civil actions. So where is that California lawyer anyways? New York? You guys here?

HEY EVERYONE!!! Please support the Free The Bunny appeal!

Anyway, yes, I am extremely well aware of how carefully you must phrase any legal accusation. However, I would point out that the bunny you bought was to be used for decorating the farm. Does it do that? TeamLava, I suppose could argue, yes, for about 0.1 of a second. But, the counter-argument is that it should be permanent. 24 gems isn't perhaps worth suing over, but my friend lost over ?100!!! If you can't give ant help except this, that is understandable. This is getting slightly off-track. Whilst proving intent is a large difference, the things still don't do as they should, and yet TeamLava have been notified and have taken notice (GM have responded!). So, it may not be intentional, but they should immediately give a refund. The friend I'm talking about has a good mind to sue for trauma! 5 weeks of brick Walls and being refused her ?100 pounds is quite enough. Finallt, TL and Apple seemed to accept defeat and her money should be coming back in a few weeks.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 03:45 PM
As for why business do the things they do, t.l. In particular, I'm no convinced they're being nefarious.they answer to storm8. I think, really, their programming needs work.

There's a ghost in the machine so to speak. When they look at their logs it may well be showing that your friend bought another slot, even though no new slot is allocated. Your friend knows she didn't buy one, one isn't showing, but the script says it's so. Not intentional, just script error...deadpix, help me out here. Does this sound possible?

Hopefully when the programmers are back to work they can sort it out. Sending a screenshot to show no extra slot though wouldn't be a bad idea. Might help them pin point and exorcise this particular script ghost.

Perhaps. Very possible, but still TeamLava's fault and they should be refunding. I hope that they can access their own games, in which case it would show no slot. They can take the screenshot themselves! In any case, I cannot take the screenshot for MissFiona. TeamLava are at fault, there's no doubt about it. What we are now debating is which TL department to blame, whether a lawsuit would be worth it and how, if we went ahead with the legal action we would phrase it.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 03:49 PM
... Civil law isn't my thing. For that you need a lawyer who specializes in Civil actions...

So what law field is your forte by the way? I take it you're a solicitor / lawyer / barrister / other law specialist!

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 04:00 PM
HEY EVERYONE!!! Please support the Free The Bunny appeal!

Anyway, yes, I am extremely well aware of how carefully you must phrase any legal accusation. However, I would point out that the bunny you bought was to be used for decorating the farm. Does it do that? TeamLava, I suppose could argue, yes, for about 0.1 of a second. But, the counter-argument is that it should be permanent. 24 gems isn't perhaps worth suing over, but my friend lost over ?100!!! If you can't give ant help except this, that is understandable. This is getting slightly off-track. Whilst proving intent is a large difference, the things still don't do as they should, and yet TeamLava have been notified and have taken notice (GM have responded!). So, it may not be intentional, but they should immediately give a refund. The friend I'm talking about has a good mind to sue for trauma! 5 weeks of brick Walls and being refused her ?100 pounds is quite enough. Finallt, TL and Apple seemed to accept defeat and her money should be coming back in a few weeks.

So we are talking the Uk right? Well, she could file a small claims action. She is age of majority right? If not, have a parent help.

This is where things will get very tricky. Jurisdiction.

If she's in the UK, bought thru UK iTunes a product held on servers in the USA, where to file the claim? She bought in UK, so occurrence was there. BUT product held in USA (you use on your device, but your game is actually in the USA) so loss is actually in America.

Computer commerce law is very undefined at the moment, which is why there are a lot of questionable, yet technically not illegal, computer based companies operating with little regulation.

Good to hear she's getting a refund. Apple is facing a class action in the US over in app purchasing so we can probably expect some changes soon on how things get handled. But that won't solve ghost issues causing gems to poof.

Thanks for your FREE THE  SUPPORT

Must go and harvest now...then try to free the little fella again.

Think I'm gonna name him jailbunny

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 04:02 PM
So what law field is your forte by the way? I take it you're a solicitor / lawyer / barrister / other law specialist!

I'm a fraud investigator, of the criminal variety. Rip off the gov't, I track you down muwahaha. Actually, glorified forensic accountant that can get a warrant but can't get their friggin bunny out of virtual jail!

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:05 PM
So we are talking the Uk right? Well, she could file a small claims action. She is age of majority right? If not, have a parent help.

This is where things will get very tricky. Jurisdiction.

If she's in the UK, bought thru UK iTunes a product held on servers in the USA, where to file the claim? She bought in UK, so occurrence was there. BUT product held in USA (you use on your device, but your game is actually in the USA) so loss is actually in America.

Computer commerce law is very undefined at the moment, which is why there are a lot of questionable, yet technically not illegal, computer based companies operating with little regulation.

Good to hear she's getting a refund. Apple is facing a class action in the US over in app purchasing so we can probably expect some changes soon on how things get handled. But that won't solve ghost issues causing gems to poof.

Thanks for your FREE THE  SUPPORT

Must go and harvest now...then try to free the little fella again.

Think I'm gonna name him jailbunny

This is so stupidly complicated. I don't know how old MissFiona is or where she lives (my friend is of age in America, so at least everything is American!). MissFiona, where do you live???

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:08 PM
...Good to hear she's getting a refund...

How do you know she's getting a refund???

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:12 PM
I'm a fraud investigator, of the criminal variety. Rip off the gov't, I track you down muwahaha. Actually, glorified forensic accountant that can get a warrant but can't get their friggin bunny out of virtual jail!

Poor bunny:(!

I'll be sure not to rip off the government. May I point out though that you can't rip off someone who doesn't have anything to be ripped of. And that the government sometimes make a mistake and want to give you too much money. You then question it and, no, everything is on order... ...1 month later. "We gave you too much, you owe us over ?4000." Obviously, the person has ripped the penniless government off...but whose fault is that???

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 04:27 PM
Poor bunny:(!

I'll be sure not to rip off the government. May I point out though that you can't rip off someone who doesn't have anything to be ripped of. And that the government sometimes make a mistake and want to give you too much money. You then question it and, no, everything is on order... ...1 month later. "We gave you too much, you owe us over ?4000." Obviously, the person has ripped the penniless government off...but whose fault is that???

Lol...that my dear Rachael is why there is fraud. If it sounds too good to be true...nothing is for free...a fool and their money.

I don't go after that sort of stuff...administrative over pays aren't fraud. Not my department. I go after blatant misrepresentations, more organized activity but nuff said on that. Story games are my fun time. My only fun time, sad as that sounds. My biggest frustration here is trying to figure out how to break my bunny out of the slammer without Lava repo ing my farm.

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:41 PM
Lol...that my dear Rachael is why there is fraud. If it sounds too good to be true...nothing is for free...a fool and their money.

I don't go after that sort of stuff...administrative over pays aren't fraud. Not my department. I go after blatant misrepresentations, more organized activity but nuff said on that. Story games are my fun time. My only fun time, sad as that sounds. My biggest frustration here is trying to figure out how to break my bunny out of the slammer without Lava repo ing my farm.

I wish I could help! There is definately enough space for it, isn't there?

And TL games being your only down time isn't sad. Unless you're calling me and a lot of the forum community sad?

Rachael98
04-23-11, 04:43 PM
Lol...that my dear Rachael is why there is fraud...

Yay! You spelt my name right! It's a miracle! Everyone misses out the "a" before the "e"!

MissFiona
04-23-11, 08:22 PM
MissFiona, where do you live???

I am an adult living in America.

Value should not be a factor here. $1 or $100, it is the principle that matters. TL's lack of interest is what bugs me the most. Evidently, there are quite a number of glitches in the Story games, and for them to so quickly dismiss complaints just shows their lack of good faith towards their customers.

lesleypsg1
04-23-11, 08:48 PM
I am an adult living in America.

Value should not be a factor here. $1 or $100, it is the principle that matters. TL's lack of interest is what bugs me the most. Evidently, there are quite a number of glitches in the Story games, and for them to so quickly dismiss complaints just shows their lack of good faith towards their customers.

While I agree in the principle, unfortunately not everyone does. Sadder still, the courts are still blurry on their interpretation of some Internet business and transactions. As you're in the US, you'd have a better shot if you wanted to start small claims action. Will be time consuming though.

When people don't hold companies to account, that's when customer issues go unresolved. There's no consequences.

I'm not urging you to do this. I think success could be slim, but may be your only recourse.

Other option is to register complaint with Better Business.

Good luck

Rachael98
04-24-11, 04:17 PM
@MissFiona

While I agree in the principle, unfortunately not everyone does. Sadder still, the courts are still blurry on their interpretation of some Internet business and transactions. As you're in the US, you'd have a better shot if you wanted to start small claims action. Will be time consuming though.

When people don't hold companies to account, that's when customer issues go unresolved. There's no consequences.

I'm not urging you to do this. I think success could be slim, but may be your only recourse.

Other option is to register complaint with Better Business.

Good luck

I'd you saw our rather fun debate, you'll see that, as an American, you have a better chance. As a Brit, I can't do that much more to help. However, I will try to get an ID of someone who is on the brink of winning their debate with TL. They're on FS (although I know her through RS), so no problem there. Good luck! If you have any more questions, please PM me.

kooky panda
08-11-11, 11:15 AM
This is an old discussion. I will be closing this thread.