PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor menu

MissCeara
04-16-11, 01:00 PM
Hello,

As many have noticed, scrolling through the neighbor menu is frustratingly slow, as it constantly lags and hitches due to having to load all the custom avatars. This makes daily tipping duty quite a chore. It is SO much easier to tip in all the other games, simply because the neighbor menu scrolls smoothly and effortlessly.

I was wondering if there might be some solution to this? Perhaps the images could be preloaded once, which may take a minute, but would provide great benefit for the time that the process is running in memory. Or perhaps you could use default avatars in the menus and save the custom avatars for when a player enters a shop and receives the welcome pop-up? Or perhaps something totally different. :)

In any case, some sort of optimization of the community and neighbor menus would be fantastic!

ahshan
04-16-11, 01:02 PM
I agree! it's extremely slow for me.

driftboutique
04-16-11, 06:28 PM
I agree, although I would hate to see the avatars go. I have also been thinking it would be nice to have some sort of pagination for neighbors. I have a couple hundred neighbors and scrolling through four at a time is a huge chore, especially since the list doesn't remember where you were when you return to it. Another thing that would be nice is a button in the lower right of the screen to go to the next neighbor in your list. Then you wouldn't need to return to the menu all the time.

TheFluffySlipper
04-16-11, 06:32 PM
Another thing that would be nice is a button in the lower right of the screen to go to the next neighbor in your list. Then you wouldn't need to return to the menu all the time.

Yeah great idea!

I would also like to add a request to shade out the 'visit' button once you've tipped them for the day ... just as the 'gift' button works currently. I don't tip all in one go and have trouble remembering where I left off last time.

ahshan
04-16-11, 06:58 PM
Another thing that would be nice is a button in the lower right of the screen to go to the next neighbor in your list. Then you wouldn't need to return to the menu all the time.

I would also like to add a request to shade out the 'visit' button once you've tipped them for the day ... just as the 'gift' button works currently. I don't tip all in one go and have trouble remembering where I left off last time.

Both are great ideas! Hope this gets added into all the games! It doesn't decrease TL's money income at all, instead it satisfies the players and it could possibly grab back the players who have quit already.

MissCeara
04-16-11, 10:12 PM
Love these ideas but just a thought -- if the visit button were shaded out after tipping, would this mean that we couldn't return to a neighbor(s) simply to chat? That would be one thing I'd want considered. Some indication that they've been tipped while retaining the freedom to visit.

sehana
04-16-11, 10:21 PM
Yes maybe just change the color of the visit button would be just as nice. Or just a noticeably lighter shade of the color would indicate tipped neighbor.

sissy8
04-17-11, 04:35 AM
and can the letters be in black it's hard to see and i am wearing readingglasses:) thank you

SimplyStyle
04-25-11, 08:21 AM
I love the idea of shading out the visit button once you have tipped, but I wouldn't want it to prevent me from going back if I wanted to. And I agree, it is relatively painful having to scroll through a couple hundred neighbors over and over again. It would be great if there could be an alphabetized menu along the side once you enter the neighbors menu, similiar to the contacts list on the iphone.

sehana
04-25-11, 09:45 AM
... or remember where you left off for visiting.

GroupMagma
04-25-11, 09:59 AM
I'll pass these suggestions along to the devs, or at least see if we can get the neighbors list moving faster. Thanks for the feedback. :)