PDA

View Full Version : Just Grilling' Event - 2019 Jul 3

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 02:33 PM
Oh my check out this new pony!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. (instructions on event screen)

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Where to Find Event Items
Box of Matches - the mine
Extinguishers - from crops
Fireworks- the chocolatier
Premium Meats - fishing
Dessicated Coconut - apple trees
Elote- deep fryer
Charcoal - plane deliveries
Colourful Jelly - pigs
Fresh Fruit Parcels- Passion Vines

Goal 1 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
Since the weather is so nice, we should have a picnic and celebrate with some fireworks!
Get 1 Fireworks from the chocolatier
Get 1 Box of Matches from the mine
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 nail 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
We'll need to make sure to abide by fireworks rules! One must always be prepared.
Have the Farmer's Outpost
Get 10 extinguishers from harvesting crops
Make 3 Fireworks Kit in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Recipe for Fireworks Kit
10 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
1 Box of Matches
10 Extinguishers
1 Fireworks

Goal 3 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
This picnic isn't complete if it's not a barbecue. Let's grill up some great foods!
Make 10 plane deliveries
Collect 2 elote from the deep fryer
Collect 2 charcoal from planes
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 screw, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
I think BBQ is yummy at a summer picnic! When's the food gonna be ready?
Get 1 premium meat from fishing
Make 3 Barbecue Buckets in the Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Recipe Barbecue Bucket
45 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
2 elote
2 charcoal
1 premium meat

Goal 5 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
Be patient Piper, we need some dessert first!
Get 1 Dessicated Coconut from apple trees
Get 1 Fresh Fruit Parcel from Passion Fruit Vines
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Paint, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
Dessert?! It's got two 'S' cause you always want two helpings!
Get 3 Colourful Jelly from the pigs
Make 3 ambrosia salad in Farmer's Outpost
Make 1 Summer Picnic Pack in Farmer's Outpost
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 plank, 3 experience points

Recipes
Ambrosia Salad
15 minutes in Farmer's Outpost
1 Dessicated Coconut
1 Fresh Fruit Parcel
3 Colourful Jelly

Summer Picnic Pack
1 hour in Farmer's Outpost
1 Fireworks Kit
1 Barbecue Bucket
1 Ambrosia Salad

Goal 7 of 7: BBQ Bonanza
There's nothing better then eating in the warm summer sun!
Have 1 GNOME Picnic (buy in the market)
Give 1 Summer Picnic Pack to the GNOME
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 hammer, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
This Side Goal will not appear until you finish the seven goals!
Just Grillin'
If we share our picnic with the GNOME, he might let us use his grill!
Give 23 Summer Picnic Packs to the GNOME
Visit 20 Farms
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Grill, 3 experience points

Event Prizes
Baby, You're a Firework
Can you get all the prizes from the GNOME Picnic? Let's go see!
Get Carnival Fireworks
Get Big Fireworks
Get Pile of Fireworks
Get Red Rocket
Get Backyard Sign
Get Tiki Torch
Get Hot Coals
Get Fireworks Pony
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 Golden Lure, 3 experience points
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Keepin' It Chill
Want more items? Get a Penguin Cooler and collect BBQ items from it! Includes a chance at the Summer Picnic Pack!
Penguin Cooler - 250 gems

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 02:34 PM
A New Goal Popped Up
When I turned in my 23rd collection
Seems like a weird time for this goal to appear
Eat Those Treats
Need help finding a BBQ item? Don't worry, I can help!
Get 1 Extinguisher from the plots
Get 1 Fireworks Kit make in Farmer's Outpost
Get 1 Elote from deep fryer
Get 1 Charcoal from plane deliveries
Get 1 Premium Meats from fishing
Get 1 Barbecue Bucket make in Farmer's Outpost
Get 1 Fresh Fruit Parcels from Passion Fruit Vines
Get 1 Colourful Jelly from the pigs
Get 1 Ambrosia Salad made in Farmer's Outpost

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 03:03 PM
Event items can be bought and sold except for the following four items

These Four Event Items will be invisible in your barn
Fireworks Kit
Barbecue Bucket
Ambrosia Salad
Summer Picnic Basket

PookieBear50
07-03-19, 04:15 PM
Sigh...not even a day's rest...

Well, once more into the fray...i guess...

tsumtsum27
07-03-19, 10:29 PM
So the pony is base on luck ? Not from giving a certain number of basket to the gnome ?

judyandthecat
07-04-19, 02:40 AM
So the pony is base on luck ? Not from giving a certain number of basket to the gnome ?

Yes! The Pony is luck.
Turning in 23 times gets you a grill.

WindermereBakery
07-04-19, 11:55 AM
Matches? We don't need no stinking matches!

draughnc
07-04-19, 12:04 PM
Funny...Got Chinese Fireworks not Carnival Fireworks from Gnome Picnic. So it is not marked off. There seems to be a problem/glitch on this one.

DaphneGlass
07-04-19, 02:44 PM
Ran out of mining tools, had about 40 of each, not one drop, everything else drops a lot, is there a problem with the mines, should I uninstall and reinstall, what do you all think, thanks x

KewlMusic
07-04-19, 08:43 PM
The Just Grillin' side goal has yet to appear. Is this goal given to random players?

judyandthecat
07-04-19, 09:19 PM
The Just Grillin' side goal has yet to appear. Is this goal given to random players?

Is your game updated to the latest version?

I am going to assume you have tried force closing and restarting your device.
And you are a high enough level for events.

Next step I would do is delete and reinstall.

I was ha tired I thought you meant the main event had not appeared

Just Grillin does not appear until you complete the seven goals.

judyandthecat
07-04-19, 09:22 PM
Ran out of mining tools, had about 40 of each, not one drop, everything else drops a lot, is there a problem with the mines, should I uninstall and reinstall, what do you all think, thanks x

Watch the paper for them.
I have been lucky finding most of the event items in the paper.

judyandthecat
07-04-19, 09:23 PM
Funny...Got Chinese Fireworks not Carnival Fireworks from Gnome Picnic. So it is not marked off. There seems to be a problem/glitch on this one.

Me too..looks like the wrong one is in the prizes.

1946Jenny
07-05-19, 01:03 AM
Am I the only one to think that this is one of the worst events we have ever had. Not as an event but for messing up any chance of actual running our farms. The newspaper is full of fire extinguishers, community and neighbours shops are full of fire extinguishers. Completing vans and trains are almost impossible as no-one is selling anything normal. Please at least leave a few days between events so we have a chance of sorting everything out.

skkdjdkckdmj
07-05-19, 02:11 AM

I'm wondering this too. I haven't got that goal yet :confused: I have my farm in two devices and neither of them have showed any signs of that goal

skkdjdkckdmj
07-05-19, 04:00 AM

Update: You have to complete the 7 goals then it appears

RoyalBlue305
07-05-19, 10:05 AM
Just finished the goals and just grillin appeared for me as well. Mine drops have been stingy. I used most of my tools on the last event trying to win the party crab. Oh well I’ll just keep selling fire extinguishers lol.

RoyalBlue305
07-05-19, 10:05 AM
All other drops have been decent for me except for the mining. Like Judy I have found a lot of items in the newspaper thank goodness

gc0912
07-05-19, 11:32 AM
Is the grill just a decoration? I’ve just got the Firework Pony and not sure whether to continue on for the 23.

griffithpack
07-05-19, 12:37 PM
I’ve collected from my passion fruit vines at least 4 times since last night when the goal appeared - not one drop from them! Can you spell frustrated? But I’ve got lots of fire extinguishers - oh wait - everyone has those! Not funny! Last event it was the studios - no drops - is this my reward for being a high level player and spending 1798 days on my farm?

judyandthecat
07-05-19, 12:52 PM
Is the grill just a decoration? I’ve just got the Firework Pony and not sure whether to continue on for the 23.

I am working on the 23 collections so I sure hope this grill is flipping burgers ...smile

gillzcafe
07-05-19, 02:44 PM
I?ve collected from my passion fruit vines at least 4 times since last night when the goal appeared - not one drop from them! Can you spell frustrated? But I?ve got lots of fire extinguishers - oh wait - everyone has those! Not funny! Last event it was the studios - no drops - is this my reward for being a high level player and spending 1798 days on my farm?

Same here, no drops from the passion vine and I also had the problems with the studio last event too! ☹️

bubaxx
07-05-19, 06:01 PM
So... 19 collections and no pony. I ain't even surprised anymore.

griffithpack
07-05-19, 06:16 PM
I hope the team can go to each of our farms and fix the fact that we got fireworks - but not the one for this event - no way to win the grill if we don’t get the proper fireworks - angry face!

judyandthecat
07-05-19, 06:43 PM
I hope the team can go to each of our farms and fix the fact that we got fireworks - but not the one for this event - no way to win the grill if we don’t get the proper fireworks - angry face!

The fireworks has nothing to do with the grill. Turn in 23 collections to the GNOME for the grill.

The prize for winning all prizes is a golden lure.

Breejan1987
07-05-19, 07:37 PM
I’ll be putting all of my event items in the market below market price.

I thought I would make a few items with my drops to help move them out of my barn but now I can?t sell the items I made?

DaphneGlass
07-05-19, 11:01 PM

I thought I would make a few items with my drops to help move them out of my barn but now I can?t sell the items I made?

It’s the gold things that drop from the fryer I have been searching for but all you see are extinguishers lol x

DaphneGlass
07-05-19, 11:03 PM
Watch the paper for them.
I have been lucky finding most of the event items in the paper.

Hi Judy, yes, thank you, I did find a few mining tools, collected from pets and got a few more so that helped, still no mine drops though then I got some matches in the newspaper, drops from fryer are what I don?t see being sold anywhere, managed 3 turn ins so far xx

skkdjdkckdmj
07-05-19, 11:23 PM
I really wish the Just Grillin' appeared at the start of the event, not that we had to complete the 7 goals in order to get it!

skkdjdkckdmj
07-05-19, 11:23 PM
I have been very lucky to already have gotten all the prizes! The pony is so pretty! I'm still going to keep going!

skkdjdkckdmj
07-05-19, 11:26 PM

The only items that can be bought/sold are the items which we find from the various places. None of the craft able items are sellable

gdr4gon
07-05-19, 11:28 PM
I have been very lucky to already have gotten all the prizes! The pony is so pretty! I'm still going to keep going!

Are any of the fireworks animated? Or do they just sit there?

griffithpack
07-06-19, 02:44 AM
The fireworks has nothing to do with the grill. Turn in 23 collections to the GNOME for the grill.

The prize for winning all prizes is a golden lure.

Doesn?t change the fact that it needs to be fixed by storm 8. We are NOT getting the event fireworks. please fix it!

Breejan1987
07-06-19, 04:37 AM
It really does make it difficult to play the game because I can?t sell event pieces fast enough to make room in my barn.

judyandthecat
07-06-19, 04:50 AM
The grill is animated
One square big
And it has a twelve hour timer
Gives some kind of treat

judyandthecat
07-06-19, 04:52 AM
It really does make it difficult to play the game because I can?t sell event pieces fast enough to make room in my barn.

I am trying only to collect crop item I really need other then that I leave crops in fields
You can dump the item if necessary

Breejan1987
07-06-19, 05:22 AM
I am trying only to collect crop item I really need other then that I leave crops in fields
You can dump the item if necessary

Yes, I’m going to have to dump some. Seems like poor management to discard something so valuable. 

skkdjdkckdmj
07-06-19, 04:43 PM
Are any of the fireworks animated? Or do they just sit there?

Sadly the only firework decoration that is animated is the Carnival Fireworks when you tap them. It would be nice if the smaller fireworks were animated :(

judyandthecat
07-06-19, 07:25 PM
A New Goal Popped Up
Eat Those Treats

PookieBear50
07-06-19, 08:38 PM
A New Goal Popped Up
Eat Those Treats

Wow, you work fast...I'm still working on collection #13.

griffithpack
07-06-19, 09:10 PM
So you actually got the carnival fireworks from turning in a collection. I’ve received the Chinese fireworks from an old event - not once, but twice!

RoyalBlue305
07-06-19, 10:42 PM
Used most of my tools on the last event and have tried to build back up but pets aren?t giving tools right now so almost impossible to mine for matches. In over 20 digs in the mine using the last of my tools I received 2 matches. And like other players my passion fruit vines are equally as stingy. Frustration once again setting in.

bubaxx
07-07-19, 01:28 AM
The Gnome Grill only gave me coins.

judyandthecat
07-07-19, 03:05 AM
The Gnome Grill only gave me coins.

Me too

Hopefully something better next Collection

bubaxx
07-07-19, 05:31 AM
Me too

Hopefully something better next Collection

I hope so!

DaphneGlass
07-07-19, 05:36 AM
That’s me out, good luck everyone, I just got sick of turning in and getting the same thing, stopping now, back at work tomorrow anyway so less time for games, back to being an occasional player xx

divinekakan
07-07-19, 07:33 AM
After givning 24 baskets to the gnome I got everything but the pony ��.

DaphneGlass
07-07-19, 08:25 AM
After givning 24 baskets to the gnome I got everything but the pony ��.

That sounds about right lol, I just don’t get enough ingredient to make more than 4 or 5 of the thing to use to turn in, well done reaching 24 x

bubaxx
07-07-19, 10:20 AM
33 collections and still nothing.

PookieBear50
07-07-19, 06:10 PM
Hmm...from what I've seen in this forum thread, the general consensus seems to be that the pony is a very rare prize indeed. I'm at 19 of 23 and still no Pony. I guess I'm going to have to go back in and do more mining and such to keep making Summer Party Packs.

Kinky_Candy
07-07-19, 06:58 PM
Hello all :) First i have fix, i dont know how many exactly items for the gnome and still no pony :(
And Second i have one PROBLEM LATELY and i dont know why. Im in ipad with IOS 12.3.1 and from one event before the last leaderboard with the crab, THE GAME KICK ME OFF very often or in my screen i c the chicken to walking :( Im a player that play every day and I spend real money almost in every event but now am very sad about this problem because i cant play as much as i want. Can everyone help me? Do u have the same problem like i do? Thank u in advance! Good luck to all with event!

RoyalBlue305
07-07-19, 08:08 PM
I?ve gone through all my tools and none are being dropped by pets or from plane deliveries. It?s obvious that the coders have scripted this. Sigh. Another Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown. No tools all day and it?s back to work tomorrow. No tools no mining no matches no collection turn-ins no pony no point. More sighing.

bubaxx
07-09-19, 04:14 AM
I?m done playing. After 50 collections no pony for me. What a waste...

draughnc
07-09-19, 07:18 AM
Same here. 50+ turn ins and no pony. Not enjoying this game anymore. Won't waste anymore money or time.

Kinky_Candy
07-09-19, 08:08 AM
Same here :( i agree totally with draughnc!!

sullyshouse
07-09-19, 12:02 PM
I?m bummed too, haven?t won a luck based event in over a year! Very sad! Still trying though!

daz881
07-09-19, 03:13 PM
61 turn ins and no fireworks pony �� Such a disappointment

RoyalBlue305
07-09-19, 05:21 PM
Same here. Waste of time. Each event gets more impossible. I love this little game and have played it for years but I just don’t get why it’s become so difficult. I don’t remember it being this way. Either way no pony. Fail.

PookieBear50
07-09-19, 05:47 PM
Lots of everything except for the Fireworks Pony. Oh, well.

b95709e
07-09-19, 11:34 PM
I spent a lot on trying to get the firework pony, making the gnome picnic collections only to end up with loads of fireworks and a few of the other items but no elusive firework pony. I wish I hadn?t bothered buying crystals!! If the event items are not achievable what?s the point? I intend reviewing the game on the App Store to highlight this. Disappointed player of quite a few years!!

rembetiko
07-10-19, 06:17 AM
I spent a lot on trying to get the firework pony, making the gnome picnic collections only to end up with loads of fireworks and a few of the other items but no elusive firework pony. I wish I hadn?t bothered buying crystals!! If the event items are not achievable what?s the point? I intend reviewing the game on the App Store to highlight this. Disappointed player of quite a few years!!

No pony and the grill stopped working when the event was over. I don't even know what it was good for because I could not collect a single time. This was a rather useless event, it was not even fun.

Minimalio
07-10-19, 08:43 AM
Non sono riuscita a prendere il premio finale (la griglia) ...nonostante avessi prodotto i 23 cestini richiesti....sapevo che il pony non l'avrei vinto perch? i giochi a fortuna non mi premiano mai...ma la griglia si visto che serviva impegno non fortuna. Eppure ieri intorno alle 22 ora italiana quando ho provato a raccogliere il 23 cestino questo ? sparito magicamente per ricomparire solamente 10 ore dopo a gioco concluso. So che altri vicini della mia zona hanno avuto lo stesso problema. Non ne conosco il motivo...ma rimane la delusione per il fallimento...il primo in questo tipo di eventi. Davvero dispiaciuta 😔

JBdeL17
07-10-19, 02:23 PM
I’ve been playing for four years and I think this was one of the worst events. Over 50 baskets handed in to the gnome picnic and no pony. The other prizes were boring and not worth the time and effort. Also, the number of fire extinguishers was ridiculous! I wish there was a poll for this event, because I would rate it very poorly.

suncatchers
07-10-19, 03:41 PM
No pony and the grill stopped working when the event was over. I don't even know what it was good for because I could not collect a single time. This was a rather useless event, it was not even fun.

Once the burgers on the grill disappear, tap on it to collect (I think every 12 hours??). I?ve only collected coins from my grill.

PookieBear50
07-10-19, 03:48 PM
Once the burgers on the grill disappear, tap on it to collect (I think every 12 hours??). I?ve only collected coins from my grill.

My first time collecting from the Grill gave me a Shovel. The second collection was coins.

suncatchers
07-10-19, 05:08 PM
My first time collecting from the Grill gave me a Shovel. The second collection was coins.

Good to know! I’ve collected about 2 or 3 times and only coins so far, hopefully I’ll get something different next time.

bessbee
07-10-19, 05:51 PM
No pony...just junk

Lilliepaddd
07-10-19, 08:48 PM
Thankfully my luck changed and got the pony...rarely happens to me so I'm thankful, the grill is cute.

PookieBear50
07-11-19, 03:42 PM

Third collection was coins again, but the fourth collection was a Pickaxe.

Update: fifth and sixth collection were coins. Seventh was a Pickaxe. Eighth was coins again.