PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Sticky Summer Sweets - 2019 Jun 20 (5 Days)

AnnirasSweets
06-20-19, 05:32 PM
5 Day Goal - Sticky Summer Sweets
*Goal should end June 25, 2019*

*Shaved Ice Maker Cookbook will now have TWO pages of recipes - be sure to check all pages when looking for new recipes.*
Sticky Summer Sweets: Part 1
Serve 1 Beach Cupcake (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- Unlocks @ Level 50

- 4 Hours *under CAKE tab*
Serve 6 Espressos (40g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 4 Hours *under COFFEE tab*
Buy 1 Shaved Ice Maker (2g to skip)

- Must be newly purchased and fully built to count.

- $70,000 each

- Unlocks @ Level 22

- 6 Food Color + 14 Cooling Coil
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Honeyhive Cupcakes Recipe

Sticky Summer Sweets: Part 2
Serve 5 Watermelon Cake (24g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- Unlocks @ Level 55

- 12 Hours *under CAKE tab*
Serve 5 Latte (30g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 22 Hours *under COFFEE tab*
Serve 4 Honeyhive Cupcakes (30g to skip)

- Shaved Ice Maker

- 1 Hour
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Churro Cream Bowl Recipe

Sticky Summer Sweets: Part 3
Serve 6 Seashell Cupcakes (25g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- Unlocks @ Level 49

- 18 Hours *under CAKE tab*
Serve 6 Cappuccinos (20g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 12 Hours *under COFFEE tab*
Serve 6 Churro Cream Bowl (20g to skip)

- Shaved Ice Maker

- 3 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Berry Best Cheese Cake Recipe

Sticky Summer Sweets: Part 4
Serve 8 Red Berry Delight (50g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 8 Hours *under CAKE tab*
Serve 10 Frosty Coffees (40g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 8 Hours *under COFFEE tab*
Serve 8 Daisy Cake (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 6 Hours *under CAKE tab*
Serve 10 Berry Best Cheese Cake (40g to skip)

- Shaved Ice Maker

- 8 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Planter Fountain

Final Goal Prize:
Planter Fountain, 3x3, 24 Gem Value (Originally released May 14, 2014 as possible 2nd Prize in Gardener's Box.)

GOAL ITEMS:
https://i.imgur.com/09jd2RB.png
GOAL CARDS:
https://i.imgur.com/aPh6PZc.png

LibrababyColeman777
06-20-19, 05:48 PM
I?ve bought a shaved ice maker and the goal has not recognized it, just wanted to see if anybody else has noticed this

AnnirasSweets
06-20-19, 05:48 PM
I?ve bought a shaved ice maker and the goal has not recognized it, just wanted to see if anybody else has noticed this

Is it a new purchase that you've fully built?

sewknitty
06-20-19, 05:49 PM
I confused as to how the new recipes relate to shaved ice....

jamethyst11
06-20-19, 06:01 PM
The goal will only get ticked off when you build a new one. It happened to me in the past.

Ilovetodesign
06-20-19, 06:04 PM
I just finished the goal. Just kidding.

houseforjoy
06-20-19, 06:08 PM
Well I know it doesn't count but having one already built does help me feel slightly ahead lol

KeiYos
06-20-19, 06:11 PM
I was hoping to see new shaved ice flavors...

LibrababyColeman777
06-20-19, 06:15 PM
Is it a new purchase that you've fully built?

I just finished building it, it gave me credit for it, sorry for the confusion. I think they should have worded it differently. Instead of saying BUY one ice shaved maker, it should have said BUILD one ice shaved maker

LibrababyColeman777
06-20-19, 06:17 PM
I was hoping to see new shaved ice flavors...
Yea me too, what does a bee cupcake have to do with shaved ice?

houseforjoy
06-20-19, 06:25 PM

Yes it just looked, what on earth?? That is just the ugh. No sense

AnnirasSweets
06-20-19, 06:35 PM
I just finished building it, it gave me credit for it, sorry for the confusion. I think they should have worded it differently. Instead of saying BUY one ice shaved maker, it should have said BUILD one ice shaved maker

I completely agree. If you look at my write up, I try to always include notes and important tidbits that the goals leave out to help lessen the confusion.

Yea me too, what does a bee cupcake have to do with shaved ice?

I'm pretty sure we're all asking that question right now. A cupcake on from a shaved ice machine? Really? I guess we should be happy at least one is an ice cream recipe which is sort of related....

makhan2
06-20-19, 06:38 PM
It is true the new recipes seem to be on the wrong mixer, shouldn?t the cupcake be on a oven ? Anyways so only player level 55 and higher can participate?? It doesn?t seem too fair for those who are lower levels. Or are those recipes such as the beach cupcake unlock for everyone? I have a feeling S8 did it again. :(

hogandale
06-20-19, 06:51 PM

Same thing happened to me. 😢

udittara
06-20-19, 06:53 PM
It is if there is no thought put into goals anymore with the amount of glitches and random non themed recipes on mismatched stoves

callmetired
06-20-19, 07:01 PM
Coincidentally, I was scrolling through yesterday to see what I could sell to declutter my inventory and came very close to selling this goal prize Planter Fountain. It's one of the dullest fountains I have.

makhan2
06-20-19, 07:03 PM
And just saying why another honey theme recipe??? Can?t they think of other things but bees and dogs ??? We just had a bunch of bee related recipes why couldn?t this be a blueberry or something else cupcake. And it even has bees on it ! They should?ve used it on the last bee goals.

makhan2
06-20-19, 07:04 PM
Coincidentally, I was scrolling through yesterday to see what I could sell to declutter my inventory and came very close to selling this goal prize Planter Fountain. It's one of the dullest fountains I have.
Are you saying the goal prize isn?t even nice ?

ST4CoolGames
06-20-19, 07:19 PM
HUH?!

Cupcakes on a shaved ice machine?! Cheesecake?! This is a shaved ice machine. What are these guys thinking?!

AnnirasSweets
06-20-19, 07:23 PM
Are you saying the goal prize isn?t even nice ?

The images are now up on the first post, but in case you want to see the image placed before deciding - here it is beside a counter for size/scale comparison:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52125&d=1561083821

Daengel
06-20-19, 07:30 PM
Team Storm8 with all respect there are a lot of other animals than just bees and dogs and cats, how about seal or walrus or whales or butterflies or piranhas lol
Sorry I'm just so done with the bee cupcakes :( what even cupcakes doing in ice shaved maker anyway duh :(
I've been completely uninterested in goal prizes, just doing it for new recipes aaaaaand yet another confusion and disappointment :/

LibrababyColeman777
06-20-19, 07:38 PM
I?m just really tired of the goals being hit or miss! I liked the peachy goal but they missed with including dogs in the goal! They have so many ways to be creative and they have just dropped the ball, I?m so disappointed. I really just do goals now to get new recipes to earn gems.

isa6jala3
06-20-19, 10:30 PM
Sorry i don t think that prize is worth all effort, i just play to unlock the new recipes, which don t make sense to me
either... cupcakes from an ICE machine... but they look Nice

nia0079
06-20-19, 11:29 PM
If we are getting rando cupcakes in rando ovens, I want a laser shark cake fresh out of the lunar or starry oven because I need the constellations to align to help me understand why a cupcake is in the shaved ice machine....lol smh.

In all seriousness, I ....

Sike, nevermind.

I'm still mad that this cupcake is in there.

slayer7000
06-21-19, 12:26 AM
*shaved ice machine makes cupcakes*

Alright s8, that makes perfect sense.

Also why release a spring item for a summer goal?

vikypixie
06-21-19, 01:32 AM
Hello dears! The Goal doesn?t appear on one of my accounts, it just does not arrived yet! Do you know what I can do? Thank you.

everlinn
06-21-19, 03:56 AM
Reading comments and playing the game...it does seem very random. Instead of shaved ice we get cupcakes and churros? This is not the first time they have put random recipes with an oven, stove or mixer. Or moved recipes around. Feels like they are running out of ideas or something. I also wonder if they actually read the forums. As much as people complain I do not see any changes happening.

baker9081
06-21-19, 04:56 AM
Well I?m just happy to be getting an appliance I did not have before! I personally like the fountain. I already had one and it?s in display in my garden. But I do not mind having another. I agree having cupcakes and churros in a shaved ice maker seems lazy.

AnnirasSweets
06-21-19, 05:41 AM
Hello dears! The Goal doesn?t appear on one of my accounts, it just does not arrived yet! Do you know what I can do? Thank you.

Usually, if Side Goals and 5 Day Goals don't shown it's because that account isn't at the right level yet.

The relisted appliance in this goal doesn't unlock until level 22 but the highest level needed to unlock the necessary recipes for the goal is 55 leading me to believe this goal is considered Level 55+.

Sugar_Rush_753
06-21-19, 06:23 AM
Cupcakes on a shaved ice machine? It's almost like they've given up.
Oh wait...not almost. Definitely.
At this point could they just sell the company to some creative minds who give a darn about their customers?
Much thanks.

houseforjoy
06-21-19, 07:10 AM
At this point could they just sell the company to some creative minds who give a darn about their customers?
Much thanks.

I am 100 percent on board with this

Omistreats
06-21-19, 07:29 AM
I agree about the new recipes on the shaved ice machine. It's not even like they had to be creative. They could have put any kind of berry in front of shaved ice and had 3 new flavor. Hell they could of even done recipes called honeyhive ice and churro shaved ice if they wanted. Though those flavors don't really exist at least they'd make more since.

Come on storm 8 even frozen drinks would have Been okay, but cupcakes and cheesecake really. What are you doing pulling an applince out of 1 hat and 3 recipes out of another and throwing them together because that's what it seems like.

unicornblood8
06-21-19, 09:19 AM
If we are getting rando cupcakes in rando ovens, I want a laser shark cake fresh out of the lunar or starry oven because I need the constellations to align to help me understand why a cupcake is in the shaved ice machine....lol smh.

In all seriousness, I ....

Sike, nevermind.

I'm still mad that this cupcake is in there.

Lmao!!!!!

twospoons
06-21-19, 10:53 AM
I think they just had too many recipe ideas for the recent honey goal, and the future 4th of July goal (the cheesecake) and said we'll just use the extras in some random 5-day goal.

AnnirasSweets
06-21-19, 11:41 AM
I think they just had too many recipe ideas for the recent honey goal, and the future 4th of July goal (the cheesecake) and said we'll just use the extras in some random 5-day goal.

I'm pretty sure there is literally no answer that would shock me at this point.

As a point in their favor - I think it's worth pointing out that the counter presentation of the Honeyhive Cakes seems rather unique. Especially when we consider that every 5 Day Goal up until now has contained nothing but recycled recipes.

slayer7000
06-21-19, 12:23 PM
I?ll buy it for 10 bucks!
Much thanks.

Ilovetodesign
06-21-19, 12:24 PM
At least so far this goal doesn't seem to have any bugs 🐜.

itdesserttime
06-21-19, 03:45 PM
I agree the new recipes don?t really jive with the shave ice maker and we already have bee cupcakes in the bee oven. I feel a little disappointed in the new recipes chosen.

itdesserttime
06-21-19, 03:52 PM
In addition, there are a ton of choices you could of done, shave ice flavors with ice cream on the bottom, with all the lovely Hawaiian flavors. A snow cap, ling hing mui, etc. I?d rather wait a week for a new goal than to put out recipes that are half done. Thank you!

nia0079
06-21-19, 07:12 PM
In addition, there are a ton of choices you could of done, shave ice flavors with ice cream on the bottom, with all the lovely Hawaiian flavors. A snow cap, ling hing mui, etc. I?d rather wait a week for a new goal than to put out recipes that are half done. Thank you!

100% This. Of all the "sticky summer sweets" we already have, I would not have been mad if they would have recycled oldies but changed the colors and renamed it. This would have been a 100% a lazy tactic but time saving and a corner cutter if time was an issue.

PS: we need more pineapple stuff.

And sharks.

KadeeDid
06-21-19, 10:35 PM

I know. Very puzzling.

TwixAndScones
06-21-19, 11:51 PM
No offence, but why do coping the planter fountain?

They offer it I sale few month ago, and they add in side goal, now 5 day goal???

baker9081
06-22-19, 05:23 AM
No offence, but why do coping the planter fountain?

They offer it I sale few month ago, and they add in side goal, now 5 day goal???

Yeah, I appreciate the prizes being crate items, but I really wish that they would also include locked past goal prizes that a lot of us did not get a chance to play for. There are TONS of items to chose from.

makhan2
06-22-19, 09:04 AM
I am starting to really dislike this 5 day goals. They have way too many different recipes that we have to bake. I already have tons of counters on my bakery because of goals and I just have to keep adding and adding more. 5 day goals are the worse I probably won?t do them anymore but I hate not unlucking the new recipes :( anyone else feels like this ?

baker9081
06-22-19, 09:10 AM
I am starting to really dislike this 5 day goals. They have way too many different recipes that we have to bake. I already have tons of counters on my bakery because of goals and I just have to keep adding and adding more. 5 day goals are the worse I probably won?t do them anymore but I hate not unlucking the new recipes :( anyone else feels like this ?

I finally just got rid of most of my food and now my bakery is less cluttered. Yeah, I lost a lot of potential revenue, but honestly I have enough food to keep the bakery open forever. And there are always new recipes so my counters are never empty.

ginjeetville
06-22-19, 11:52 AM
Reading comments and playing the game...it does seem very random. Instead of shaved ice we get cupcakes and churros? This is not the first time they have put random recipes with an oven, stove or mixer. Or moved recipes around. Feels like they are running out of ideas or something. I also wonder if they actually read the forums. As much as people complain I do not see any changes happening.

No I don?t think they read the forums. And that is sad as they would see what the problems are and the things we would like to see happen or change, to make the game better. I pretty much think all games anymore are more about their greed than about the players and the game they are enjoying. I noticed a real shift in that direction in all games a few years ago. All of a sudden goals were almost impossible with the things and amounts needed...unless you spent $$$ or spent 24/7 on the game to do things the second it was done. The goals also started happening right on top of each other, so that you didn?t and still don?t have time to work on some other things in the game that need to be finished...because the more goals they shove at you, the more money in their pockets. One would think tho that they would listen to the players but they don?t...unless you have a problem and send in a support ticket...even then you don?t always get help.

AuntyRose32
06-22-19, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I appreciate the prizes being crate items, but I really wish that they would also include locked past goal prizes that a lot of us did not get a chance to play for. There are TONS of items to chose from.

Yes to this!! I also appreciate crate items but what I would absolutely love to see are the locked past goal items too. I took a break from all my S8 games for a quite a while so there’s lots I didn’t unlock and would love to see as a side goal or five day goal item. I’d also pay gems for them I love some of them so much but a chance to get them through goals again would be very welcome. Maybe they’ll listen and do this, one can hope.

Mostreal
06-25-19, 07:19 AM
Anyone else not having the planter fountain show up? I got it last night and went to put it out and the space is occupied by the planter but no planter. If I touch the space the little description box shows up that says "planter fountain" so it is there, just invisible. I would like it to be visible!

AnnirasSweets
06-25-19, 09:31 AM
Anyone else not having the planter fountain show up? I got it last night and went to put it out and the space is occupied by the planter but no planter. If I touch the space the little description box shows up that says "planter fountain" so it is there, just invisible. I would like it to be visible!

When this happens, there are a few things to try:

- Rotate the deco several times and move it around the board a bit (sometimes force closing the game after rotating is needed)
- Store the deco, then place it again
- Uninstall and reinstall the app

When this happens to me, it's usually when I'm working on an android device and rotating it usually does the trick. Sometimes just once is enough, other times I'll have to rotate and drag the item around and rotate it a few more times before I finally see the item. Over the years, I've seen enough players post the other options I listed above to say with confidence that those methods also work in certain cases.

Good luck!

Mostreal
06-25-19, 02:08 PM
When this happens, there are a few things to try:

- Rotate the deco several times and move it around the board a bit (sometimes force closing the game after rotating is needed)
- Store the deco, then place it again
- Uninstall and reinstall the app

When this happens to me, it's usually when I'm working on an android device and rotating it usually does the trick. Sometimes just once is enough, other times I'll have to rotate and drag the item around and rotate it a few more times before I finally see the item. Over the years, I've seen enough players post the other options I listed above to say with confidence that those methods also work in certain cases.

Good luck!

Whew, thanks! Rotating it worked. I had tried everything else you suggested except uninstalling and reinstalling...I'm always leery of doing that. It is visible rotated to the right, but not when I rotate it back....apparently it installs cloaking devices in that position so I will leave it rotated for now. Kind of weird...

AnnirasSweets
06-25-19, 05:55 PM
Whew, thanks! Rotating it worked. I had tried everything else you suggested except uninstalling and reinstalling...I'm always leery of doing that. It is visible rotated to the right, but not when I rotate it back....apparently it installs cloaking devices in that position so I will leave it rotated for now. Kind of weird...

Glad to hear rotating worked for you. Hopefully your game will recognize the deco fully so you can place it however you like.