PDA

View Full Version : Party Crab Leaderboard - 2019 Jun 19

judyandthecat
06-19-19, 04:30 PM
A Party Crab

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from {start date/time} to {end date/time}.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Shell Pile - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Harvest the Hot Water Boiler - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
(Name of boost)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - 1 Bronze Bell
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,250 points - Beachy Ball
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,250 points - Mystery Box
3,800 points - Shell Pile
4,350 points - Mystery Box
4,900 points - Mystery Box
5,450 points - Mini Sand Castle
6,000 points - Mystery Box
6,500 points - Hula GNOME pet - exotic or regular pet?

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Hermit Crab and Gold Trophy
2nd - Hermit Crab and Silver Trophy
3rd - Hula Cat, Bronze Trophy, 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - Hula Cat, 7500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - 5,000 Coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

(INSERT MILESTONE PRIZES SCREEN)

(INSERT RANK PRIZES SCREEN)

judyandthecat
06-19-19, 04:30 PM
Saved for event information

PookieBear50
06-19-19, 05:12 PM
Milestones
200: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
600: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1000: Bronze Cowbell
1400: Mystery Box (Leaderboard points, Coins, XP, Pickaxes, or Shovels)
1800: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
2250: Beachy Ball
2700: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3250: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Barn Parts, Silo Parts, or Expansion Parts)
3800: Shell Pile
4350: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
4900: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
5450: Mini Sandcastle
6000: Mystery Box (Coins, Leaderboard points, Dynamite, a Ruby, a Golden Lure, or Gems)
6500: Hula Gnome

Prizes:
1st place: Hermit Crab and Gold Trophy
2nd place: Hermit Crab and Silver trophy
3rd place: Hula Cat, Bronze Trophy, and 10 Expansion Permits
4th-6th place: Hula Cat, 10000 coins, and 5 Expansion Permits
7th-12th place: 7500 coins and 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation prize: 5000 coins

Event boost
Shell Pile: 15 Leaderboard points every 2 hours.
Cost: 125 gems

Collect points from
Shell pile - 15 every 2 hours
Mystery box - ???
Complete a delivery - 6 per delivery (upon plane's return)
Collect from pigs - 3 per pig
From the Hot Water Boiler - 2 per collection
Crafts in various buildings - 1 per every complete hour of crafting time before items are collected
- Windmill
- Cider House
- Dehydrator
- Noodle House

(As an aside, I noticed in the last Leaderboard event that when making specific items in the Cafe, I received points, but not for everything. For example, Tea and Espresso did not drop points, but the Spiced Orange Cider did. I am not sure if this is still true for this event. I will check and verify.)

UPDATE: checked and tested with Cinnamon Tea, Spiced Orange Cider, and Almond Milk Tea (all 2 hours to craft)...only the Spiced Orange Cider gave 2 points. I will check the other crafts for the Cafe if I can.

PookieBear50
06-22-19, 06:54 PM
Just a heads-up...

As researched, Spiced Orange Cider from the Cafe awards 2 leaderboard points (it takes 2 hours to craft). However, Truffle Shavings from the Windmill (1.5 hours to craft) do not award any points at all...though everything else in the Windmill awards points based on the crafting times involved.

judyandthecat
06-23-19, 03:02 AM
Just a heads-up...

As researched, Spiced Orange Cider from the Cafe awards 2 leaderboard points (it takes 2 hours to craft). However, Truffle Shavings from the Windmill (1.5 hours to craft) do not award any points at all...though everything else in the Windmill awards points based on the crafting times involved.

That is a really good tidbit!

dugambon
06-24-19, 03:30 AM
Reached 6,500 on leaderboard. Got the hula gnome. But I have to put another gnome in storage because I only have one gnome gathering, I need another gnome house. I hate it to have to put a favourite pet in storage :(((

Paul__
06-24-19, 10:33 AM
Does the farmers truck reward points?

judyandthecat
06-24-19, 01:23 PM
Does the farmers truck reward points?

It's not listed but mine gives four points fo each delivery and 30+ points for full truck

PookieBear50
06-24-19, 06:08 PM
Typical. As I have come to expect from these leaderboard events, I am spinning a lot of fence pieces OR receiving chests that rarely exceed 50 points (usually it is below 35 or only 19 or so). This is why I dislike these events so much: it is nearly impossible to make any progress, and while I am struggling with that, I keep receiving more and more fence pieces which, since we are still not able to organize our cellar storage with sub-menus, simply add to the confusion and difficulty in finding anything.

Sigh. I will keep spinning and doing my best to hit milestones, but it would be nice if the spins did not seem so very...un-random.

gc0912
06-25-19, 02:31 AM
Typical. As I have come to expect from these leaderboard events, I am spinning a lot of fence pieces OR receiving chests that rarely exceed 50 points (usually it is below 35 or only 19 or so). This is why I dislike these events so much: it is nearly impossible to make any progress, and while I am struggling with that, I keep receiving more and more fence pieces which, since we are still not able to organize our cellar storage with sub-menus, simply add to the confusion and difficulty in finding anything.

Sigh. I will keep spinning and doing my best to hit milestones, but it would be nice if the spins did not seem so very...un-random.

I know. I’m trying to keep in at least 6th place to receive a pet and have just spun 4 fence pieces in a row and before that I think I received 12 points twice. Even the milestones boxes aren’t giving me points - I had land deeds and coins in the last 2!

PookieBear50
06-25-19, 09:57 AM
I know. I’m trying to keep in at least 6th place to receive a pet and have just spun 4 fence pieces in a row and before that I think I received 12 points twice. Even the milestones boxes aren’t giving me points - I had land deeds and coins in the last 2!

I was in 1st for a while...but now with only fence spins and small point totals, I've dropped down, and everyone else is moving up. Sigh.

inara_24
06-26-19, 07:07 AM
Does the beach ball do anything other then just bounce?

judyandthecat
06-26-19, 02:44 PM
Does the beach ball do anything other then just bounce?

No it is just a decoration a bouncing ball

judyandthecat
06-26-19, 02:48 PM
I was in 1st for a while...but now with only fence spins and small point totals, I've dropped down, and everyone else is moving up. Sigh.

I am in sixth spot sometimes fifth but I would like another white Hula cat and besides the two leaders are way ahead they are always yellow boosting.
That is why I am so happy that we now have milestones with good prizes because I think the leaderboard is a good money maker for Storm and I really want this game to continue!

And a nice pet for spots three to six! MEOW

PookieBear50
06-27-19, 01:04 PM
I am in sixth spot sometimes fifth but I would like another white Hula cat and besides the two leaders are way ahead they are always yellow boosting.
That is why I am so happy that we now have milestones with good prizes because I think the leaderboard is a good money maker for Storm and I really want this game to continue!

And a nice pet for spots three to six! MEOW

I guess I can accept another Hula Cat (as long as I don't fall any farther back), but it is really frustrating that all the spins I am getting are either fence pieces (too many!) or points ranging from 10 to 35.

Hmm...I think for the next Leaderboard event I will keep track of what my spins result in...

RoyalBlue305
06-27-19, 10:53 PM
Spins are all fences or 19 points and under. Delivery difficulty increases. I was 2-5th place and now due to heavy work schedule I’ve dropped to 11-12. Unless you play literally non-stop and set alarms it’s virtually impossible to stay near the top. The last 2 leaderboard events I’ve failed at miserably. I just don’t have the necessary time to succeed and last leaderboard I couldn’t even make it the 6500 mark. I wish the milestone goal was reduced. Sigh.

Allie0105
06-27-19, 11:56 PM
I’m not sure if this has been asked but is the Party Crab a pet or a decoration?

Peggyg723
06-30-19, 05:54 AM
I just gotthe party crab and its a pet.. lives in the backwoods bayou...

Allie0105
06-30-19, 12:06 PM
Thank you.

PookieBear50
07-01-19, 02:29 PM
Sigh. I'll be lucky to finish in 3rd or 4th place but far from the final Milestone. Short of buying gems--which I cannot afford--and using boosts the entire way through, I do not think I will ever be able to achieve the final milestone again.

gc0912
07-02-19, 04:09 PM
Typical. When you’re battling to stay in 6th place your last 2 spins on the wheel give fence pieces :(

zeromus13
07-02-19, 07:02 PM
I won the leaderboard w/o boosts, just the shell pile. I got the hermit crab but it's only a clam and now I have to feed it. Says the feed can be made in the feed mill but the typical pet feed is the only option in the mill. Anybody knows how to make it?

PookieBear50
07-02-19, 07:37 PM
I won the leaderboard w/o boosts, just the shell pile. I got the hermit crab but it's only a clam and now I have to feed it. Says the feed can be made in the feed mill but the typical pet feed is the only option in the mill. Anybody knows how to make it?

If it goes into one of the standard pet habitats, the typical feed should be the right feed option. I am guessing that you have collected from the crab already? Or did it start off in its closed state?

Two options: first, try dragging the feed options to the left. There may be the special feed option hidden off-screen. I think it is a green bag. If that doesn't work, try force-closing the app and re-opening it to see if anything has changed.

zeromus13
07-02-19, 08:07 PM
No I haven't collected from it, it started on its closed state w/o feeds. Its feed looks like the typical pet feed which is a pink bag with a paw print but with glitters and when I tap it it says "Made in the Feed Mill" but when I go to the mill there's no option for that particular feed to be made. Maybe it's a glitch, I hope they update it later

Facht
07-02-19, 08:48 PM
If it goes into one of the standard pet habitats, the typical feed should be the right feed option. I am guessing that you have collected from the crab already? Or did it start off in its closed state?

Two options: first, try dragging the feed options to the left. There may be the special feed option hidden off-screen. I think it is a green bag. If that doesn't work, try force-closing the app and re-opening it to see if anything has changed.

I got the same issue...

FightingIlliniFan
07-02-19, 10:04 PM
I got the same issue...

I fed mine the exotic pet food with the weird plant on the front of it. It curled back up and now it had a 12 hour timer. It's not doing anything...

PookieBear50
07-02-19, 10:14 PM
No I haven't collected from it, it started on its closed state w/o feeds. Its feed looks like the typical pet feed which is a pink bag with a paw print but with glitters and when I tap it it says "Made in the Feed Mill" but when I go to the mill there's no option for that particular feed to be made. Maybe it's a glitch, I hope they update it later

Sorry I couldn't help you with that. I wasn't one of the few able to win the crab, so I'm afraid I cannot provide better suggestions.

natwilljamez
07-02-19, 10:47 PM
Sorry I couldn't help you with that. I wasn't one of the few able to win the crab, so I'm afraid I cannot provide better suggestions.

I won the crab from the leaderboard event and it completely disappeared from my farm. I restarted the game several times with no change. I fed it with the regular pet food after I won it. Then I noticed the 12 hour timer, then it disappeared. Cannot be found anywhere on the farm.

skkdjdkckdmj
07-02-19, 11:11 PM
I fed mine the exotic pet food with the weird plant on the front of it. It curled back up and now it had a 12 hour timer. It's not doing anything...

Yes, when you feed it a 12 hour timer will appear. Once it runs out, you can collect from it then feed it again. It will then go back to a 12 hour timer

PookieBear50
07-02-19, 11:32 PM
I won the crab from the leaderboard event and it completely disappeared from my farm. I restarted the game several times with no change. I fed it with the regular pet food after I won it. Then I noticed the 12 hour timer, then it disappeared. Cannot be found anywhere on the farm.

You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. You may also want to send Rynetory2 or Kookie Panda a message to let them know what happened.

Lilliepaddd
07-02-19, 11:56 PM

Same...my asked for exotic feed. My disappeared too!

chicks168
07-03-19, 02:09 AM
I spent more than 1000 gems and countless hours to win the Leaderboard and get the crab, and now it's disappeared!!!!

It's just like the Easter Event, I turned in 23 baskets and the Easter Candy Tree never appeared in my inventory.

Two events, more than 1,500 gems and no prizes, what a rip off.

How can I get my gems back or the prizes that I won.

princessskykennedy
07-03-19, 03:23 AM
My crab is invisible.. restarted...still invisible.

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 04:32 AM
My crab is invisible.. restarted...still invisible.

It will reappear if like the squirrel in a plane (exotic pet)when timer is up in 12 hours ..if you touch square where you placed it you will see its name.

Did you swipe it with the pail like an ordinary pet and feed it?

gillzcafe
07-03-19, 04:52 AM
Same problems here that I fed my crab and it disappeared and restarting hasn’t solved the problem!

Hopefully it will reappear after 12 hours like Judy says.

I have tapped on the blank square and there is 8 hours to go before it is due to be fed again.

I shall watch the space, lol!

dawnsstx
07-03-19, 05:03 AM
I can’t get my crab out of storage to place on my farm, anyone else have this issue? I also spent a lot of time to get this thing!

gillzcafe
07-03-19, 05:34 AM
I can?t get my crab out of storage to place on my farm, anyone else have this issue? I also spent a lot of time to get this thing!

Yes! It took me ages but I eventually managed to get it out of storage and feed it .... before it then disappeared!

Moissonor
07-03-19, 05:46 AM
Je
You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game. You may also want to send Rynetory2 or Kookie Panda a message to let them know what happened.

Same problem
The hermit crab has disappeared.
Farm Moissonor

Merci
As gillzcafe, i have now tapped on the blank square and there is 45 minutes to go.

BatCrzy2
07-03-19, 05:53 AM
My hermit crab has disappeared also. I don’t even have a black square where it was/is. Has anyone reinstalled the game and did it help?

Found it! I clicked on every blank space in the area I placed it and finally a yellow outlined square appeared with 45 minutes left. :)

Facht
07-03-19, 06:00 AM
My problem is not that it disappears after feeding it,
because I can't even feed it!!!
I'm not able to make the kind of petfood it requires!

krissy13a
07-03-19, 06:06 AM

Mine did the same. Gone.

dugambon
07-03-19, 07:18 AM
Mine has disappeared too. Very disappointing prize. Had hoped it to be a regular pet.
Mine did the same. Gone.

bubaxx
07-03-19, 07:52 AM
Mine has disappeared too. Very disappointing prize. Had hoped it to be a regular pet.

Agree, very disappointing it is not a regular pet. But I still love it though.

jed1066
07-03-19, 09:02 AM
Mine has disappeared too 45minutes left before I collect so hoping something appears

[S8] Elsa
07-03-19, 10:06 AM
Mine has disappeared too 45minutes left before I collect so hoping something appears

The Hermit Crab is still on your farm. It's just very shy! :o

Our team is working on a way to help with its confidence and will help your crab come out of its hiding place as soon as possible.

dawnsstx
07-03-19, 10:50 AM
Thank you for updating us.

dawnsstx
07-03-19, 10:52 AM
Agree , top prize for leadership should have been a real pet. Not that I can feed all the pets I have mind you but for all that effort it was a little disappointing. Of course, I haven’t really seen it....it’s vanished.

Facht
07-03-19, 12:27 PM
Elsa;1586056']The Hermit Crab is still on your farm. It's just very shy! :o

Our team is working on a way to help with its confidence and will help your crab come out of its hiding place as soon as possible.

Thanks for answer/update, but no answer to my problem thou...

Zeromus 13 and I seem to have the same problem, mentioned already in this thread...

Which is: I (we) can't make the required pet food!

(Is it called exotic pet food?) I don't have an exotic habitat, or pet to put there...
So maybe it's not yet unlocked, and there is a bug or miss from the developer not to unlock it by having the crab?

bubaxx
07-03-19, 01:10 PM

Zeromus 13 and I seem to have the same problem, mentioned already in this thread...

(Is it called exotic pet food?) I don't have an exotic habitat, or pet to put there...
So maybe it's not yet unlocked, and there is a bug or miss from the developer not to unlock it by having the crab?

You don?t need an exotic habitat for this kind of pets.

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 02:00 PM

Just drag him out of the cellar like a decoration and place him where you want him.
He does not walk around but he will be animated and you can feed him like a pet and collect from him like you collect from pets.
Congratulations on winning in the top two on your Leaderboard!

BatCrzy2
07-03-19, 06:10 PM
To make food for the shy Hermit Crab, go to the Feed Mill. It’s the bag all the way to the right, pink bag with paw prints.

Facht
07-03-19, 09:16 PM
Just drag him out of the cellar like a decoration and place him where you want him.
He does not walk around but he will be animated and you can feed him like a pet and collect from him like you collect from pets.
Congratulations on winning in the top two on your Leaderboard!

I know that, he is on my farm!
But I can't feed him!!!
I do not have that option in my mill!
(And I have scrolled all the way to the right)

judyandthecat
07-03-19, 09:40 PM
I know that, he is on my farm!
But I can't feed him!!!
I do not have that option in my mill!
(And I have scrolled all the way to the right)

Did you do a force close and/or a hard reboot?

Facht
07-04-19, 02:03 AM
Did you do a force close and/or a hard reboot?

I've force closed several times. First I had to do it to get the announcement about my placing in the leaderboard,
then I had to do it again before the crab showed up in my storage. And multiple times after that in hope of solving the pet food issue! :-P
Restarted my iPhone twice...

Actually, I don't think the problem is my phone or anything else that I might fix. I think the problem might be in the game.

How about all of you that have been able to feed "him", did you already had an exotic habitat with pet?
I'm thinking maybe they "forgot" to unlock that food with this crab?

Actually, I haven't seen the crab yet, all I see is his shell... a bit meaningless right now...

judyandthecat
07-04-19, 02:55 AM
I've force closed several times. First I had to do it to get the announcement about my placing in the leaderboard,
then I had to do it again before the crab showed up in my storage. And multiple times after that in hope of solving the pet food issue! :-P
Restarted my iPhone twice...

Actually, I don't think the problem is my phone or anything else that I might fix. I think the problem might be in the game.

How about all of you that have been able to feed "him", did you already had an exotic habitat with pet?
I'm thinking maybe they "forgot" to unlock that food with this crab?

Actually, I haven't seen the crab yet, all I see is his shell... a bit meaningless right now...

You have done everything I would do including posting in the bugs section.

The only thing there is no exotic habitat.

Regeneration1979
07-06-19, 01:26 PM
Elsa;1586056']The Hermit Crab is still on your farm. It's just very shy! :o

When it's confident enough to come out, will it also eat regular pet food? Right now it still wants food I can't make after all kinds of resets.