PDA

View Full Version : Farmville vs Tap Ranch vs Farm Story

linda_xxx
04-15-11, 05:12 PM
Lets start with Farmville - bleeeh
Tap Ranch - has some good features, making products from crops (ie popcorn or eggs from corn). Like that it plows automatically when you harvest.
Farm Story - add the products feature from tap ranch and its would be even better :D

Mogwai4111
04-15-11, 05:36 PM
Auto harvest/plow/plant sounds great, I'd easily pay gems for some kind of tractor or something to do this for me. Tapping the screen literally 700 times to harvest, plow, and plant has already gotten old, and I've been playing less than a week. Right now I'm probably approaching 7000 taps a day when you include gifting and watering, I start to wonder if I am shorting the life of my phone's touch screen with all these taps, yikes!

thistlechaser
04-15-11, 07:01 PM
I start to wonder if I am shorting the life of my phone's touch screen with all these taps, yikes!

You might have a point there. I tap more on FS than I do everything else on my iPad combined.

ahshan
04-15-11, 07:09 PM
I start to wonder if I am shorting the life of my phone's touch screen with all these taps, yikes!

Yeah. I think that too, but with the home button since I double tap that to plow/harvest/plant everything faster. At one point my home button was actually loose from doing this, but I guess I did it so much it got back to normal.
And as a gamer, I use my arms a lot and farm story makes my arm hurt the most because of all the tapping. It's kind of a pain now to play farm story for me. :0

Mogwai4111
04-15-11, 07:34 PM
Yeah. I think that too, but with the home button since I double tap that to plow/harvest/plant everything faster. At one point my home button was actually loose from doing this, but I guess I did it so much it got back to normal.
And as a gamer, I use my arms a lot and farm story makes my arm hurt the most because of all the tapping. It's kind of a pain now to play farm story for me. :0

I definitely feel the carpel tunnel coming on everytime I go through a 5 minute tap session. I tap with my index finger for speed rather than thumbs like in restaurant story or when texting.

sehana
04-15-11, 09:04 PM
I definitely feel the carpel tunnel coming on everytime I go through a 5 minute tap session.

haha yeah, definitely!! I also work a lot on my computer! I think my tap sessions for all the games I play are at least 3 hrs altogether maybe even more... sheeeesh!!! LOL

Mogwai4111
04-15-11, 10:09 PM
Bet the smart folks at TL didn't anticipate accounting for shortened touch screen life and carpel tunnel when they designed Farm Story, hehe.

ahshan
04-16-11, 12:35 PM
I actually had a pain in my arm for a few days because of Farm Story. I play all the TL games too which added on to the pain. And that week I had a math test to write, and even a 2.5 hour long test that was all writing! It made me twitch voluntarily and I was writing in pain just because of all that plowing, planting, and harvesting!