PDA

View Full Version : Where is Vela? -Mine Closed ?

MajicHearts
06-04-19, 03:31 PM
After the Leaderboard event started, there was a pop-up about the mine dragon.
It said to collect Space Minerals from the Mine and craft the Vela dragon.
BUT, the mine is (still) closed a few hours later. It says "expired".
Anyone else know what this is about?

Mostreal
06-04-19, 04:31 PM
I found usually the mine opens on the second day of the month so it will probably open tomorrow. Mine is closed also. I always try to make sure there are no bombs so I don't hit the 25 max before it opens and potentially lose mining opportunities.

Rfs04
06-04-19, 05:03 PM
I found usually the mine opens on the second day of the month so it will probably open tomorrow. Mine is closed also. I always try to make sure there are no bombs so I don't hit the 25 max before it opens and potentially lose mining opportunities.

I have seen the mine typically open about 4 hrs after the old drgn expires. Right now it's about 7.5 hrs since it expired.

Once or twice b4 we have gotten the pop up for mining but mine was closed. It took several more hours if not a day for S8 to realize they made yet another error and didnt prepare the mine properly. Let's hope they're just running late....sigh

Rfs04
06-04-19, 05:12 PM
Mine still closed . Its 8:07 Eastern time, about 7,5 hrs after old mine drgn expired.

I unfortunately have 25 bombs so I either leave drgns in chamber and lose LB points or take them out and lose bombs.

S8 please fix ASAP!! These mistakes are happening too too often. I dont think we have had an error free activity in months if not years!!! GEE! This is a sad state of affairs.

mymonta
06-04-19, 05:43 PM
Yes, I am sure that they are just running late.

Fyym
06-04-19, 07:34 PM
ARMCHAIR DEVELOPER!!!!!! I know one person will get that joke. But seriously, I'm having the same issue.

hungryres
06-05-19, 01:11 AM
mine (on the left) is still closed.
Did S8 forgot to put out a new mining dragon?

i have evo temple finished and ready by my morning, usually the mine will reopen, i waited for six more hours, and still no show.
Now i am wasting LB points... but if i collect, then i lost quite a number of bombs :blue:

deadpixel
06-05-19, 02:05 AM
Not yet, my mines are still closed as well:

https://i.ibb.co/wRbb2Mh/6257-CE3-A-FBE1-44-DD-AD8-D-F7-B6-F2857563.jpg

In spite of the fact that a pop up appeared telling me that the mines are opened:

https://i.ibb.co/cJ6GT21/F41-D8-F00-C882-4077-A672-45-D341-D45-A3-E.jpg

hungryres
06-05-19, 02:10 AM
Thank you.
i though i saw pop up, but i closed them immediately after they pop up (trying to get to my game). i was not sure.

so i have anxiously open and reopen my game today trying to get the latest update in the game, all for nothing.

why o why, the one time i remember to put in dragons in evo temple early trying to get a head start in LB event, i have to wait for the mines to open in order to collect the evolved dragons for bombs.

harley201311
06-05-19, 02:33 AM
Yes mine is still shut down saying “expired” but the dragon is showing in the spell shop, already wasted multiple chances of using bombs let’s hope this is fixed ASAP

Neilisha
06-05-19, 03:35 AM
Well I and all wanted to know what d heck going on cause is like over 12 hours now and nothing

MajicHearts
06-05-19, 04:11 AM
It's Wednesday, June the 5th, 6:11AM in Illinois-USA . . . THE MINE IS STILL CLOSED!

orson32
06-05-19, 04:27 AM
Guess S8 will have to fix it sometime today..when they come in to work and see the problem..

MajicHearts
06-05-19, 04:52 AM
The mine is not open!!! S8 "rides again"

I wonder if they're doing all these [] on purpose???

Kriscake21
06-05-19, 05:09 AM
My mind is still saying expired. Here is hoping that they can fix quickly

deadpixel
06-05-19, 05:36 AM
My mind is still saying expired. Here is hoping that they can fix quickly

Wow! How old are you? I hope the expiry wasn’t because of Alzheimer’s... just kidding :D

Nuicakes
06-05-19, 06:41 AM
Mine's still closed too.

MajicHearts
06-05-19, 07:44 AM
Guess S8 will have to fix it sometime today..when they come in to work and see the problem..

Don't hold your breath!

squigglish
06-05-19, 09:20 AM
It is somewhat amazing, in a really sad way, that there still is hope that there will ever be something that runs as intended here. I always assume that something will not be right and like now, with the mine closed maybe until slightly after S8’s day begins, I am seldom disappointed.

Rfs04
06-05-19, 09:34 AM
Well, its 9:30 am S8 time, they've had time to stroll in, kibbutz and have coffee and breakfast and time for someone to check forum messages but still the mine is closed.... guess they aren't too concerned about game play for their customers.

With a game that's 24x7 its shameful they dont have 24x7 coverage especially with all the mistakes they continually make....aah perhaps the mine being closed is ....as intended!!!!

mymonta
06-05-19, 09:41 AM
Well, its 9:30 am S8 time, they've had time to stroll in, kibbutz and have coffee and breakfast and time for someone to check forum messages but still the mine is closed.... guess they aren't too concerned about game play for their customers.

With a game that's 24x7 its shameful they dont have 24x7 coverage especially with all the mistakes they continually make....aah perhaps the mine being closed is ....as intended!!!!

This raised a question in my mind - something that I am merely curious about and not being critical about, but still, I wonder. Do S8 staff actually check the forums much, or do they rely on the moderators (in our case, Kooky) to keep track of everything in the forum and just report to S8 staff when there is a problem?

skyharbor602
06-05-19, 09:50 AM
My dragon side of the mine is now open.

kooky panda
06-05-19, 10:17 AM
Mine is now open.

Vela Dragon:

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108715-Vela-Dragon-Mining-Dragon-June-4-2019