PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Evershine - 2019 May 31

Rynetory2
05-30-19, 08:45 PM
Missing Red Dye - fixed
I've reported this issue over. Please see/report in the Bug thread for further updates.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108695-Missing-Red-Dye

Elsa;1582917']Technically, you received the Red Dye, but it's about as useful as a day old nugget. The intended reward has been updated and is now available for players who reach that threshold going forward. Qualifying players will receive their reward, but please allow some time for the credit to be issued.

Sorry for the issue! The Red Dye wanted attention and while it's charmed by your interest, it has returned to the Forest Caretaker academy for further training.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51960

Event Schedule
Event is live from May 31 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the Storm8 time zone.

How to play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463689&viewfull=1#post1463689

Event Boost
Evershine stone - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Evershine Cluster - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
50 points - Mystery box
350 points - 10,000 coins
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - 5,000 food
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - 12,500 food
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Red Dye -> Secret Sanctuary
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - 10 runes
6,000 points - Lionfish

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51977

Rank Prizes
1st - Evershine, Gold trophy
2nd - Evershine, Silver trophy
3rd - Bronze trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prizes can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
Bright Shiner
Goal 1:
Hatch a Dusk Ox
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2:
Raise your Dusk Ox to level 3
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 3:
Raise your Dusk Ox to level 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

deadpixel
05-30-19, 09:33 PM
Is it just my monitor or does this creature look a little too... um... what's the word for it? Um... flat? There does not seem to be any depth in the artwork. Hmm... it's probably my monitor.

It reminds me of a stained glass painting. Well, here's hoping that the prizes offered will be enticing enough :)

oficeandfire
05-31-19, 11:56 AM
Is it just my monitor or does this creature look a little too... um... what's the word for it? Um... flat? There does not seem to be any depth in the artwork. Hmm... it's probably my monitor.

It reminds me of a stained glass painting. Well, here's hoping that the prizes offered will be enticing enough :)

Definitely NOT! We don?t even get a habitat!!! We get a red dye!?!?! Wowwwww

sewknitty
05-31-19, 12:00 PM
What is the "red dye" in the prize list?

Cranlink14606
05-31-19, 12:17 PM
Looks like I won't be trying for this one. The only thing I try for on Leaderboard is the free habitat and we don't even get that this time. I don't even come in the top 10 anymore. Used to be that if you came in really low that next time you were in an easier group next time but haven't had that happen in quite a while on either account.

mymonta
05-31-19, 12:55 PM
Old account hit all the food milestones and now can sit out the rest of this hugely disappointing event.

Red dye is some sort of deco, I guess.

paulmiddle
05-31-19, 01:00 PM
Not even a habitat, no achievable new creature, clearly no point for long term players.

Nachtsonne
05-31-19, 01:17 PM
I know how you feel. [] is this Ugly pot thing anyway. No more storybooks, no monthly events or animals. They are so lazy, The continues reuse of old staff. I have spend a Small fortune on this game. Won?t buy anything from now on. Just simple play, tournament and Events without spending a gem. Take that Storm8.

Minimalio
05-31-19, 01:19 PM
Anche peggio della pi? pessimistica previsione 😐

mymonta
05-31-19, 01:54 PM
I know how you feel. [] is this Ugly pot thing anyway. No more storybooks, no monthly events or animals. They are so lazy, The continues reuse of old staff. I have spend a Small fortune on this game. Won?t buy anything from now on. Just simple play, tournament and Events without spending a gem. Take that Storm8.

Ditto!

EnchantedAcres2
05-31-19, 02:19 PM
No habitat, regurgitated Lionfish I already have. Don't care for the winning animal and getting tired of yet another different colored horse in the battlefield so not going to participate this go round. Will just keep making food.

AppieP
05-31-19, 02:54 PM
And what is happening with this LB? No habitat in the milestone? Really:confused:? Not amusing at all. Losing my interest in this game more and more this way. Take back what we all know and want, otherwise I need too quit as well. No use playing this LB already got the last animal, too bad.

bravewarrior
05-31-19, 06:35 PM
What is red dye and why do I want it?

Does a gem pop out of it every 10 hours? That would be awesome.

Sugarcat5
05-31-19, 06:42 PM
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse....this leaderboard is complete garbage. I really hope the powers that be at S8 are hard at work on major improvements during this "hiatus".

mymonta
05-31-19, 08:15 PM
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse....this leaderboard is complete garbage. I really hope the powers that be at S8 are hard at work on major improvements during this "hiatus".
They aren't.

mymonta
05-31-19, 09:43 PM
No habitat, regurgitated Lionfish I already have. Don't care for the winning animal and getting tired of yet another different colored horse in the battlefield so not going to participate this go round. Will just keep making food.
This is one of the 12 Birthstone Ponies. I'm glad to have a chance to get them on my baby account. I wish they'd do the whole 12. They are too expensive to buy when they bring them to market.

Rcdkohara8
06-01-19, 01:13 AM
Aha...i wish that...

Sugarcat5
06-01-19, 04:15 AM
They aren't.

I really wonder what is going on then. Dedicated players like us are getting shafted with these ridiculous milestone "prizes." Plus no expansions in almost a year and a half. It's very frustrating.

mymonta
06-01-19, 11:01 AM
I really wonder what is going on then. Dedicated players like us are getting shafted with these ridiculous milestone "prizes." Plus no expansions in almost a year and a half. It's very frustrating.

Well, i don't have any inside knowledge, but I highly doubt that they are working on anything.

Missvegas22
06-01-19, 04:34 PM
What on earth is the red dye????

mymonta
06-02-19, 12:38 AM
What on earth is the red dye????
Deco.

Silverrain1
06-02-19, 08:52 AM
Perhaps I?m wrong but I?m sure we have had red dye before. It looks very familiar but Iv sold as much deco as I could due to crashing issues I used to experience.

Rynetory2
06-02-19, 08:11 PM
The removal of creatures in previous leaderboard was already a major disappointment and now another blow with the removal of the habitat as well. :blue: Maybe someone thought that since the creatures prizes were removed, we wouldn't need the habitat for them. Why dont you just let the habitat remain as prize instead of a useless deco?

Better yet, I hope the team will revert back to the old prize scheme in the next leaderboard. This new prize scheme is extremely unattractive.

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse....
My thoughts exactly. :(

kanajunroses
06-03-19, 09:28 AM
Left message that I thought the leaderboard event was going downhill the last couple of times...now punishment ...it get worse. Have not been able to win any thing other than food and only coins in chest when I usually won the habitat , an animal I didn't have (and a bronze cup every third game). It must not being a money maker so they have down graded this event into the garbage. Must be ready to make this a dead game..

deadpixel
06-03-19, 11:19 AM
Just through a show of hands, has anyone managed to breed the Dusk Ox in this event?

I usually get it all the time whenever I breed Dark and Earth, but I have been getting nothing but Ground Squirrels since the beginning of this event.

AppieP
06-03-19, 11:30 AM
Just through a show of hands, has anyone managed to breed the Dusk Ox in this event?

I usually get it all the time whenever I breed Dark and Earth, but I have been getting nothing but Ground Squirrels since the beginning of this event.

So far no luck with the Dusk Ox. I Think I will try next time breeding with Dusk Ox and my CU. Who knows maby I get lucky

sewknitty
06-03-19, 11:55 AM

I did but only after a lot of fails.

Silverrain1
06-03-19, 02:35 PM
Ugh, here was me gonna leave dusk ox till late as I hate having short timers through the night as it effects ur scores. Maybe sooner than later I?ll need to try. I quite like the ever shine but as usual my accounts in the same grouping so that knocks my chances of getting it. Also, no point in fighting for something when there are no additional prizes on the way. Too many coins and deco as it is. And the last prize is still in my storage from the last time I won it as iv no space for it.

mymonta
06-03-19, 07:44 PM
I got a Dusk Ox second try on my baby account and easily on both of my other accounts, too.

deadpixel
06-03-19, 08:35 PM
I did but only after a lot of fails.

I got a Dusk Ox second try on my baby account and easily on both of my other accounts, too.

It was raining Ground Squirrels over at my forest since the start of the LB event :D

But All's well that ends well. I was stubbornly sticking to breeding a Skyger with a Rock Rhino but switch a Dusk Ox for the Skyger today and immediately got the Ox :tickled_pink:

I'm not competing in the LB cause the prizes are an absolute yawn. Breeding this was just to let myself know that it could be done :cool:

mymonta
06-04-19, 10:12 AM
I'm trying to get the Evershine on at least one account, but my competition is coming for me. It will be more competitive after the boosts go on sale.

Rynetory2
06-04-19, 07:23 PM
Bug posts on the missing Red Dye have been moved to the Bugs forum.

Missing Red Dye - reported
I've reported this issue over. Please see/report in the Bug thread for further updates.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108695-Missing-Red-Dye

mymonta
06-06-19, 12:34 PM
I won't be getting the Evershine on any of my accounts. Womp, womp. :(

sewknitty
06-06-19, 02:01 PM
I love the habitat! It's very pretty. Thank you, Storm8 team!

Missvegas22
06-06-19, 04:03 PM
Deco.

Thanks mymonta
:)

CocoMom101
06-06-19, 05:19 PM
When I got to the Red Dye milestone (at 4.2K points)I was surprised to receive a Secret Sanctuary instead. It is a 4 animal habitat for water nature and fire creatures. So glad I didn't give up earlier in the event when I thought it was just going to be a decoration. Has anyone else had the same result?

mymonta
06-06-19, 05:48 PM
When I got to the Red Dye milestone (at 4.2K points)I was surprised to receive a Secret Sanctuary instead. It is a 4 animal habitat for water nature and fire creatures. So glad I didn't give up earlier in the event when I thought it was just going to be a decoration. Has anyone else had the same result?

Please see this thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108695-Missing-Red-Dye/page2

cherrycastleorchard
06-06-19, 11:55 PM
I won't be getting the Evershine on any of my accounts. Womp, womp. :(
Sorry to hear that. I am on track to get it on 2 accounts, but it isn’t over yet and anything can happen.

deadpixel
06-07-19, 01:27 AM
Looks like they fixed the issue with the Red Dye by switching it with a habitat :D

https://i.ibb.co/zQTZjCL/C22-F1649-6-C1-C-40-C0-85-AE-89-A884967185.jpg

Go find it in your storage :tickled_pink:

https://i.ibb.co/6vzJv0F/816-C6752-FE34-4-FED-A45-F-F132-C405-D871.jpg

Thank you S8 :)

I am so easy to please :blue:

yleo_mama
06-07-19, 12:12 PM
What’s the point of waiting until the last hour of the game to pass everyone up and get first? I finally had this happen to me, sucks that I put all the time and effort throughout the event to just randomly get passed up with less than an hour to go by someone who was NEVER even in top 5. There wasn’t much competition this time so I was stoked that I didn’t need to spend a ton of gems. Meh. Oh well, at least I still get an Evershine I guess.

paulmiddle
06-07-19, 01:14 PM
What’s the point of waiting until the last hour of the game to pass everyone up and get first? I finally had this happen to me, sucks that I put all the time and effort throughout the event to just randomly get passed up with less than an hour to go by someone who was NEVER even in top 5. There wasn’t much competition this time so I was stoked that I didn’t need to spend a ton of gems. Meh. Oh well, at least I still get an Evershine I guess.
I was winning when I last looked and when the initial results came up but then ended fourth. If I had waited and lurked towards the bottom of the leaderboard I would have got more points on the spins and saved my feeding to the end and boosted it so quite likely finished higher. Am I competitive or single minded enough to do that? No. would I enjoy the game more? No.
Just play the game how you like and don’t worry about other people.

Silverrain1
06-07-19, 02:14 PM
Ugh, I really liked this creature and wld have gladly made space in an over crowded forest but not one of my accounts got it. Even with a boost, speed breeding for the dusk ox and masses of food spent. So unfair! X

jmatarii
06-07-19, 02:20 PM
Hi.

Evershine.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52010
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=52011

Best regards.

mymonta
06-07-19, 02:25 PM
Ugh, I really liked this creature and wld have gladly made space in an over crowded forest but not one of my accounts got it. Even with a boost, speed breeding for the dusk ox and masses of food spent. So unfair! X

I feel ya. :(

yleo_mama
06-07-19, 03:08 PM
I’m competitive by nature so it got under my skin, not enough to do anything other than complain :p But I’m not single minded which is why I participated the whole time, doesn’t make me like the game any more or less. Thanks for letting me vent though!

mymonta
06-07-19, 03:25 PM
Yes, let's welcome our new forum member, yleo_mama! Welcome! I hope you'll visit us from time to time (or every day if you want!). The forum has been pretty quiet in recent months due to the slowdown in the number of new animals and events being offered.

Yes, we each have our own style of play. I agree that it sucks to be passed up by a "sniper," as we sometimes call them, when you think you have a lock on winning the animal and then you don't get it. It sounds like you still got it, though, so congratulations! I play like you do and don't wait until the end to snipe. I was very disappointed that I didn't get the animal on any of my 3 accounts, especially after seeing jmatarii's beautiful pictures above.

yleo_mama
06-07-19, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

cherrycastleorchard
06-07-19, 06:43 PM
What?s the point of waiting until the last hour of the game to pass everyone up and get first? I finally had this happen to me, sucks that I put all the time and effort throughout the event to just randomly get passed up with less than an hour to go by someone who was NEVER even in top 5. There wasn?t much competition this time so I was stoked that I didn?t need to spend a ton of gems. Meh. Oh well, at least I still get an Evershine I guess.
Same thing happened to me, they could have synced their scores with us, but some just have to be first and only. I am starting to get used to this, I guess.

deadpixel
06-07-19, 09:33 PM
I got it on my ”ancient” account when I fed my Ruby Razorback to level 15. I'd passed the first and second placer, ending with just 6,256 points two hours before the close of the LB event. Apparently, they weren't too interested in winning cause they were only 50 and 80 points behind me respectively.