PDA

View Full Version : Axolotl Leaderboard - 2019 May 22 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
05-22-19, 03:05 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51849

A Leaderboard Event

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from {May 22/time} to {end date/time}.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Rock Fountain - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Craft items in the Noodle House - 1+ points
Harvest the Hot Water Boiler - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Rock Fountain

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - 5 Darts
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,250 points - Sombrero
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,250 points - Mystery Box
3,800 points - Rock Fountain
4,350 points - Mystery Box
4,900 points - Mystery Box
5,450 points - Lounging Lizard
6,000 points - Mystery Box
6,500 points - Iguana

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Milestones for mid levels:

Mystery box 150 points
Mystery Box 500 points
Darts 850 points
Mystery Box 1200 points
Mystery box 1550 points
Sombrero 1900 points
Mystery box 2250 points
Mystery box 2600 points
Rock fountain 3000 points
Mystery box 3400 points
Mystery box 3800 points
Lounging lizard 4200 points
Mystery box 4600 points
Iguana 5000 points

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32
3,600 points - Iguana

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Axolotl and Gold Trophy
2nd - Axolotl and Silver Trophy
3rd - Sun Conure, Bronze Trophy & 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - Sun Conure, 10,000 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits
Consolation - 5,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51850

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51851

judyandthecat
05-22-19, 03:09 PM
Third to Sixth Place...Looks Like a Pet
So might require strategy to what you want!
The amount required in this screenshot is from a lower level farm.

judyandthecat
05-22-19, 03:41 PM
If the Iguana looks like my Lizard Rock!
I am excited for the milestone final prize!

Rynetory2
05-22-19, 08:10 PM
Third to Sixth Place...Looks Like a Pet
So might require strategy to what you want!

The amount required in this screenshot is from a lower level farm.

These prizes look good. How I wish my farm is a lower level farm! Good luck all.

Lilliepaddd
05-22-19, 10:56 PM
These prizes look good. How I wish my farm is a lower level farm! Good luck all.

The final prize does look awesome! But the leaderboard is too fierce for me already lol!!!

skkdjdkckdmj
05-23-19, 01:20 AM
Thank you so much Storm8 for letting everyone in the top 6 get a prize!

Rynetory2
05-23-19, 03:34 AM
The final prize does look awesome! But the leaderboard is too fierce for me already lol!!!

Haha that definitely isn't me. I usually don't participate in LBs unless there is pet that I extremely love or must have, not just love or like, and when I go for 1st place, I will always welcome anyone who wants to tie with me. Good luck to you! :)

Rynetory2
05-23-19, 03:40 AM
I think 6,500 points is just too much and 12 days marathon is too long and tiring to be constantly on guard of competitors to try to overtake your position.

I often wonder why higher tier farms needs 6,500 points while lower tiers lesser or half the amount. Low or mid level players, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you should not be at those points - I'm glad you are. I'm just wondering why can't high level farms be the same as you. Or rather, why the need for tier points?

Comparing my farm when it was below level 30, to my farm at level 90 now, I did't find my low level farm at disadvantage, in fact it had more advantages than my high level farm. Before my farm reached level 30, I had millions of coins, machine slots between 5-7, barn and silo at max, easier deliveries, less demanding crafts, etc. So I wonder why the Farm 2 team put high level farms at such a disadvantage instead of a fair playing field?... Anyways just thinking aloud....

ankavale1000
05-23-19, 07:34 AM
I think 6,500 points is just too much and 12 days marathon is too long and tiring to be constantly on guard of competitors to try to overtake your position.....

I’m glad u wrote this Rynetory2 cuz I truly feel the same way.

In my experience, it really takes a lot of hours of playing to reach 6500, without boosting n gems that is. I’m always on board with players that can easily rack up 25000 points. I have neighbors that r high level like me, but regardless time of entry, they always end up on easy boards. I’ve got two neighbors that consistently got 2nd place many times in a row with just 2000 some points. So in my view, it’s not just 6500 vs 3600, but also which group u r delegated to within ur level. Ive never been on a board where the leader didn’t reach 6500. I’m often on boards where the top 6 are way over 15000. I don’t believe the group u end up in is luck-based (of course, I can’t prove it). Anyway, LB is very tiring for me even at 6500, as for being top 2 that I’ve given up on.

Stormie, I’m still waiting for Adora to go on sale. Thx

skkdjdkckdmj
05-23-19, 02:08 PM
I think 6,500 points is just too much and 12 days marathon is too long and tiring to be constantly on guard of competitors to try to overtake your position.

I often wonder why higher tier farms needs 6,500 points while lower tiers lesser or half the amount. Low or mid level players, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you should not be at those points - I'm glad you are. I'm just wondering why can't high level farms be the same as you. Or rather, why the need for tier points?

Comparing my farm when it was below level 30, to my farm at level 90 now, I did't find my low level farm at disadvantage, in fact it had more advantages than my high level farm. Before my farm reached level 30, I had millions of coins, machine slots between 5-7, barn and silo at max, easier deliveries, less demanding crafts, etc. So I wonder why the Farm 2 team put high level farms at such a disadvantage instead of a fair playing field?... Anyways just thinking aloud....

Yes, I agree. I think every level should require the same number of points, maybe 5000 for the last milestone 🤷*♀️ It?s unfair if low levels only need a small amount than higher levels need higher amounts

skkdjdkckdmj
05-24-19, 12:54 AM
I really hope that the darts can be used anytime but sadly I don't think that it will be the case! I'd love the opportunity to go for a pet! Someone please let me know if they know an answer!

skkdjdkckdmj
05-24-19, 02:19 AM

Mystery box 150 points
Mystery Box 500 points
Darts 850 points
Mystery Box 1200 points
Mystery box 1550 points
Sombrero 1900 points
Mystery box 2250 points
Mystery box 2600 points
Mystery box 3400 points
Mystery box 3800 points
Mystery box 4600 points
Iguana 5000 points

dugambon
05-24-19, 02:55 AM
I couldnt agree with you more Rynetory2. I have always wondered about that. 6,500 is way too much. 5,000 like lower levels would be fair and doable.

judyandthecat
05-24-19, 03:24 AM

Mystery box 150 points
Mystery Box 500 points
Darts 850 points
Mystery Box 1200 points
Mystery box 1550 points
Sombrero 1900 points
Mystery box 2250 points
Mystery box 2600 points
Mystery box 3400 points
Mystery box 3800 points
Mystery box 4600 points
Iguana 5000 points

Nice added this to post one!

Friday_1
05-24-19, 04:54 AM
I am at 2300 points, but have only received two milestone mystery box prizes. Has the Leaderboard process changed? Why have I not received all the milestone prizes up to my level? Thanks for your help.

eucom
05-24-19, 07:35 AM
Again my windmill is frozen it’s been frozen for at least 5 hours. It seems to freeze earlier and earlier in leaderboard events and it only happens in leaderboard events.
I hit the finish for 0 gems then this pops up.
and it’s asking for 4 more gems. Then it is “compl.....)
and then the timer starts over for the same item!!!!

judyandthecat
05-24-19, 07:04 PM
Again my windmill is frozen it’s been frozen for at least 5 hours. It seems to freeze earlier and earlier in leaderboard events and it only happens in leaderboard events.
I hit the finish for 0 gems then this pops up.
and it’s asking for 4 more gems. Then it is “compl.....)
and then the timer starts over for the same item!!!!

Are you by any chance using an iOS game and an android game?
Like farm story 2 on your phone and farm story 2 on perhaps an iPad?
One device being iOS and one device being an android.
Then making the crop on one device and later opening the game on the other device to collect the cornstarch?

But on last pic your timer doesn't totally start over?
Isn't corn starch 1 hour 30 minutes?

judyandthecat
05-24-19, 07:17 PM
I am at 2300 points, but have only received two milestone mystery box prizes. Has the Leaderboard process changed? Why have I not received all the milestone prizes up to my level? Thanks for your help.

Are they checked off on your milestone board?

Friday_1
05-24-19, 09:19 PM
They are checked off, but we’re never opened. The first one I received was the darts.

eucom
05-25-19, 05:16 AM
Are you by any chance using an iOS game and an android game?
Like farm story 2 on your phone and farm story 2 on perhaps an iPad?
One device being iOS and one device being an android.
Then making the crop on one device and later opening the game on the other device to collect the cornstarch?

But on last pic your timer doesn't totally start over?
Isn't corn starch 1 hour 30 minutes?

I only play this farm on this iPad. I am using the windmill flag to cut processing time in half. Only the one windmill froze and it finally processed the items after about 12 hours. Last leaderboard the windmill froze 3 different times during that 2 week period.

judyandthecat
05-25-19, 07:41 PM
I only play this farm on this iPad. I am using the windmill flag to cut processing time in half. Only the one windmill froze and it finally processed the items after about 12 hours. Last leaderboard the windmill froze 3 different times during that 2 week period.

Weird!
Did you report it in the bugs section.

Paul__
05-27-19, 01:20 PM
Are you guys going for the 1-2nd place prize (Iguana) or the Bird. I think I like the bird better but I might try to go for second since i am not that far from the player in Second place.

bubaxx
05-28-19, 05:01 AM
Are you guys going for the 1-2nd place prize (Iguana) or the Bird. I think I like the bird better but I might try to go for second since i am not that far from the player in Second place.

I want them both! But I think I like the Sun Conure more. And I'm third so I guess I will get the bird. Maybe I will try to take the Axolotl on my second farm.

Natasha_07
05-28-19, 10:45 AM
I'm hoping to finish in 3rd place, I want that bird.

skkdjdkckdmj
05-28-19, 02:23 PM

I'm actually taking the opportunity of people wanting the bird for me to get 1st place :p It will be an interesting pet to have haha. Also because now I am mid level I am barely ever, if ever, winning so I wanna take an opportunity to do so

skkdjdkckdmj
05-28-19, 02:31 PM
I've somehow managed to stay first this entire competition

RoyalBlue305
06-04-19, 06:06 PM
Wow this one was very competitive! Congrats to those that placed! I worked very hard and used Boosts several times and was able to get to third place. My group jostled places back and forth right up until the end. Very tough group. Unfortunately only the player in first place got to 6500 and just barely. I really wanted the lizard and so am disappointed I fell short of 6500. This one was near impossible even with playing diligently and using boosts. Whew. Glad this one is finished! Thanks Storm 8 for another rollercoaster ride! It was fun!

Breejan1987
06-04-19, 06:14 PM
How did you do?

Breejan1987
06-04-19, 06:47 PM
Wow this one was very competitive! Congrats to those that placed! I worked very hard and used Boosts several times and was able to get to third place. My group jostled places back and forth right up until the end. Very tough group. Unfortunately only the player in first place got to 6500 and just barely. I really wanted the lizard and so am disappointed I fell short of 6500. This one was near impossible even with playing diligently and using boosts. Whew. Glad this one is finished! Thanks Storm 8 for another rollercoaster ride! It was fun!

Did you get your prizes yet?

Rynetory2
06-04-19, 08:01 PM
I really hope that the darts can be used anytime but sadly I don't think that it will be the case! I'd love the opportunity to go for a pet! Someone please let me know if they know an answer!

They can be used anytime. :)

Rynetory2
06-04-19, 08:03 PM
I?m glad u wrote this Rynetory2 cuz I truly feel the same way.

In my experience, it really takes a lot of hours of playing to reach 6500, without boosting n gems that is. I?m always on board with players that can easily rack up 25000 points. I have neighbors that r high level like me, but regardless time of entry, they always end up on easy boards. I?ve got two neighbors that consistently got 2nd place many times in a row with just 2000 some points. So in my view, it?s not just 6500 vs 3600, but also which group u r delegated to within ur level. Ive never been on a board where the leader didn?t reach 6500. I?m often on boards where the top 6 are way over 15000. I don?t believe the group u end up in is luck-based (of course, I can?t prove it). Anyway, LB is very tiring for me even at 6500, as for being top 2 that I?ve given up on.

Stormie, I?m still waiting for Adora to go on sale. Thx

Yes, I agree. I think every level should require the same number of points, maybe 5000 for the last milestone 🤷*♀️ It?s unfair if low levels only need a small amount than higher levels need higher amounts

I couldnt agree with you more Rynetory2. I have always wondered about that. 6,500 is way too much. 5,000 like lower levels would be fair and doable.

I'm so glad that I was not the only one who felt this way. Thanks for voicing out. :)

Haha I ranked 20. :o

Rynetory2
06-04-19, 08:03 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 1 week.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

RoyalBlue305
06-04-19, 10:00 PM
Did you get your prizes yet?

Hi yes I did. The bird is really cute. Thanks for asking.

RoyalBlue305
06-04-19, 10:04 PM
Stormie, I?m still waiting for Adora to go on sale. Thx

Me too!!!

RoyalBlue305
06-04-19, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Rynetory2;1582728][COLOR="#6600cc"][SIZE=4]Did you like this event?

LB’s are always stressful but the rewards are great. I agree with you that 6500 is near impossible. I touched on that in my previous post. I really really wanted the green lizard from the marathon more than any other prizes but couldn’t quite make it to there. Did get 3rd overall and love the bird. But to your larger point, LB’s are way too long and the bar is too high at 6500. Imo it should be easier to reach the end-prize vs the ranking prizes. That way as a player you have a choice. Enjoy the ride but strive for the marathon or go like crazy full-speed to get the ranked prizes. Unfortunately both are of equal difficulty.

skkdjdkckdmj
06-05-19, 01:03 AM
The whole competition I was cruising on 1st and 2nd. A few hours before finish, I left the game and I was 1200-1400 points ahead of 3rd place. But they bought a points pack so I was shot down to 3rd. I?m annoyed about this. I worked very hard the entire competition only for someone to buy points? To be honest I think the point packs are kind of unfair. Unless they were to start dropping the amount of points early. I just believe that it isn?t fair for people to work very hard just for others to buy points and overtake them :( I am very glad to get the bird though. Very very cute! Cuter than I actually expected! And colourful :) I also got the Iguana which is very bright and cool!

I hope at least someone agrees with me in this! To work very hard then have someone simply buy what you had to work for! But at the end of the day it is the people who buys the packs decision! This is just my opinion

RoyalBlue305
06-05-19, 06:20 AM
The whole competition I was cruising on 1st and 2nd. A few hours before finish, I left the game and I was 1200-1400 points ahead of 3rd place. But they bought a points pack so I was shot down to 3rd. I?m annoyed about this. I worked very hard the entire competition only for someone to buy points? To be honest I think the point packs are kind of unfair. Unless they were to start dropping the amount of points early. I just believe that it isn?t fair for people to work very hard just for others to buy points and overtake them :( I am very glad to get the bird though. Very very cute! Cuter than I actually expected! And colourful :) I also got the Iguana which is very bright and cool!

I hope at least someone agrees with me in this! To work very hard then have someone simply buy what you had to work for! But at the end of the day it is the people who buys the packs decision! This is just my opinion

I agree. I had people in my group who clearly bought points as well. Like you said it’s tough when you work hard and then get passed by. But like you I was able to get third and get the bird. He’s really cute! I didn’t get the lizard tho. Never could make it to 6500. It should be 5000 max like everyone is posting.

ankavale1000
06-05-19, 10:08 AM

I know exactly how u feel, I’ve had that happen to me several times now. My advice is this: keep ur lead as wide as possible. A 1200-1400 lead is $14.99. To some, that’s too much, for others, it’s pocket change. There’s also the possibility that they didn’t buy points. Once players on ur board reach 3800, all bets r off. Someone posted before about speeding up the LB bonus points deco. Each time u speed up is 4 gems but u get 15 points, so if a player doesn’t boost while doing this and the player is boosting 30x per minute, that’s 450 points every minute (120 gems). With ur lead of 1400, the player needs approx. 3 minutes (360 gems) to surpass u, which the player could do at the last three minutes. I’m guessing this is probably what happened since 360 gems is a bit cheaper than 14.99 (many buy gem packs around LB time when there is a gem sale). Recently on a LB I had over 8000 lead, and two players kicked me to the curb in less than 15 minutes (they yellow boosted) — my only consolation is knowing that they used up quite a bit of gems, it’s wrong I know, but I was so upset I labored 10 days and lost. I ranked 15th this LB, on my board 8th placed ended up 1st at the last ten minutes. Players that have sufficient gems and r willing to use them tend to keep a low profile until last day. U never know how many of them u got on ur board. So just keep ur lead as wide as possible, do ur best and hope for the best. I wish an easy board for u the next LB.

KojiMama
06-05-19, 05:55 PM
I had the exact opposite happen. I cruised in first the entire competition. I think the pet reward was unattractive. If it had been the capybara or the conure was the pet the competition would’ve been more intense. It wouldn’t have bothered me at all to have gotten the conure even though it wasn’t a pet.

griffithpack
06-05-19, 10:29 PM
Yes, it is unfair for high level farms to need more points! Seriously, if farm A is at level 25 and farm B is at level 100 - like I am - and I spend the same number of hours playing, how could I get more points? Oh, yes, that’s right, you expect us to ***** - and yes, it is *****ing! - and buy LB points packs at the last minute to beat out players who’ve been diligent with their play time! I was fortunate this time and did not have a competitive leader board. My mom had way more points than I did and while I got 2nd place on my board, she was in 15th place and her farm is a lower level! She would have beat the first place player had she been on my leaderboard - something is wrong with this picture! And I agree, these LB events are lasting too long! Storm8 - are you reading these and taking note of the problems?

Rynetory2
06-14-19, 06:33 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.