PDA

View Full Version : Zoo Story: Available Now!

GroupMagma
04-15-11, 11:04 AM
Just wanted to let you all know about Zoo Story: the new TeamLava game that will soon be unveiled in the App Store! We're very excited about this game, and hope you all are too. :D

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/artwork/na-dlds/zoo-story-iphone-4.jpg http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/artwork/na-dlds/zoo-story-iphone-1.jpg

Link to Pocket Gamer (http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/Zoo+Story/news.asp?c=29166) article

TeamLava, the development team behind iOS freemium hits Fashion Story and City Story, is bringing zoo-themed social title Zoo Story to the iPhone and iPad.

Taking on the role of zookeeper, your first job is to discover wild animals from the jungle, ocean, and beyond for your zoo.

These range from snow leopards, tigers, and koalas, to zebras, crocodiles, and the ever-mysterious unicorn.

You're tasked with caring for them by harvesting crops to keep them healthy, breeding them, and encouraging spectators to come and view them.

You do this by filling your zoo with attractions and amenities and inviting Facebook friends to take a trip around your animal displays ? doing so rewards you with special bonuses.

TeamLava promises free updates with new animals, attractions, quests, and items, every week.

Zoo Story will be available in the App Store for free.

Let us know what you think! :D

Edit: Just an update; we now have a firm release date for Zoo Story! You will be able to download it from the App Store on Thursday, April 21.

Edit 2: Zoo Story is available now! Check it out on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch!

ahshan
04-15-11, 11:09 AM
It's looking good.
The animals look a bit weird, but I get it's just TeamLava's style.

ahshan
04-15-11, 11:11 AM
Fishing story would be great too :)

trenae
04-15-11, 11:17 AM
Yay! I'm sure I'll enjoy this one, but my 5 yo nephew is going to love this to pieces (although he's into Nightclub Story for the music - the animals will win him over).

Is there really going to be a unicorn? That alone would sell me on this game. :)

donnapetersen
04-15-11, 11:56 AM
Oh Please this looks lame and "promising weekly updates" all the story games promise weekly updates in the app store but do we see them, nope!
Yes i know the "Spring Box" was added and of course gems or cash are needed to purchase it...
What about some new foods? I have mastered out all foods in Bakery & Restaurant.
How about some new buildings in City that we can use our billions of coins for
How about some new crops and decorations in Farm? How about another expansion of space? I am at max space and mastered the crops too...this is becoming very boring

lesleypsg1
04-15-11, 01:50 PM
Ok,my interest is peaked. Though pet story would've been better

lesleypsg1
04-15-11, 01:56 PM
So when will it be released? This weekend perhaps? Nightclub story is losing me. Jury still out on fashion. Deleted treasure. Praying for an update to farm. Still hoping for pet story as it is on Lavas trademarkia info.

Have a good weekend all

kooky panda
04-15-11, 01:57 PM
Ok,my interest is peaked. Though pet story would've been better

Agree !!! Waiting on pet story

talyon
04-15-11, 07:55 PM
How about Space Story. Lol

ahshan
04-15-11, 07:56 PM
How about Space Story. Lol

haha i can kind of see that. little star trek people walking around xD

or a moony surface and floating astronauts. cute lol.

tea123
04-15-11, 09:33 PM
how about my story which you have your own house to decorate and have neighbours etc i like the idea of fishing story too

mizzthang510
04-15-11, 09:38 PM
Yet again another game for the AppStore & nothing for the Android Market not even an update for existing games on Android. Thanks for not appriciating our support!!!!!!

nibbles37
04-16-11, 01:27 AM
Wow!!! I have all the teamlava games and Zoo Story sounds the best.

chvchv
04-16-11, 09:44 AM
Another Story game?

Are you going to advertise ZS also with the big fat lie: "free weekly updates"?

Where are the promised WEEKLY UPDATES for the other games???????

juicesqueeze
04-16-11, 11:37 AM
I would love to play Zoo Story. Right now I've just about tapped out Restaurant and Bakery Story. Farm Story is doing OK, as is Nightclub Story. Couldn't care less about Treasure Story.

I'll keep checking the App Store, it's not there as of yet.

juicesqueeze
04-16-11, 11:44 AM
Yeah, the weekly updates are not happening. It's probably time to accept that.

ahshan
04-16-11, 11:47 AM
I think it would be better if TeamLava promised monthly updates. I'm pretty sure they can do that and won't leave us waiting weeks and weeks before a new update. It's better to promise what you can actually accomplish than breaking your promises.

chvchv
04-16-11, 03:08 PM
Well, there are not even monthly updates... Maybe a few games have seen quarterly updates.... and all of those "updates" were about adding items that need to by purchased with hard money.

The advertised (fraudulently used) term "Free weekly updates" means:

Free: It does not cost the user anything
Weekly: In average every 7 days something is happening
Updates: New content, bug fixes.

GroupMagma once said, that they change things every week "in the background without announcing it" and that he considers these things to be a (free weekly) update. But he failed to reveal WHAT they change and he did not answer when I asked him to clarify what TL supposedly changes. So, basically what he said was in the end a complete LIE! As usual.

ZS will also not see any updates. They might fix something if the app has very big obvious bugs... But don't wait for any new content.

kkaschke
04-16-11, 05:03 PM
coming soon. Can you elaborate?

FarmofBen
04-18-11, 03:10 AM
There are lots of games like this already...
I think it would be better for TeamLava to focus on the games they have already created.

lesleypsg1
04-18-11, 04:37 AM
There are lots of games like this already...
I think it would be better for TeamLava to focus on the games they have already created.

It does seem to be a lot like zyngas zoo for Facebook. Personally, I can't stand zynga games mostly because of awful graphics. But...we will see.

I'd like to see some updates for farm. I play all but treasure, but really only give a hoot about farm. Tho others like diff games and have their own wish list for their fav game.

seastripes
04-18-11, 04:56 AM
I have mixed feelings about this still. I downloaded tap zoo and deleted it cause i think it's boring.

flowless
04-18-11, 05:57 AM
well u never know
a new game could be ur new fav one ,
plus they come with 6 free gems :) i wish they would release a new game every week

in the last two weeks or so they did some free updates
i wish that they would do this regulary at least once a month or every other month

if they keep it up i might consider buying gems for real
( wouldnt hurt to lower the price for the boxes , i think you will gain more customers and hence more profit , or make all the items equally impressive some items are really disappointing )

one last thing props to those responsible for the graphics thery r really good

smnthwdd
04-18-11, 12:48 PM
Loving the idea of a new game, Zoo Story... alhough i dunno how im ***na keep up with all my ''story'' games.. its getting hectic now..... with RS BS FS FS NS...
Saying that i really think there should be '' sweet shop story '' & you have to make yer own sweets etc... im a choccy fan can u tell ha....
More different foods for RS & BS tho is needed! Wheres the Easter menu btw???????? can i ask! nearly completed all levels of each recipe.. no more goals now!!! im past Level 50 on both..

Smnthwdd

sehana
04-18-11, 01:32 PM
Saw these images here at this site http://www.insidemobileapps.com/2011/04/15/teamlava-preps-zoo-story-for-launch-in-a-week-or-two/

http://www.insidemobileapps.com/wp-content/uploads/TeamLava-Zoo-Story-Background-500x294.jpg
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/wp-content/uploads/Add-theme-park-attractions-and-vendors-for-guests-500x375.jpg
http://www.insidemobileapps.com/wp-content/uploads/Breed-new-animals-in-your-zoo-500x375.jpg

BlakBeard
04-18-11, 03:25 PM
Are they really charging us $4.99 for this game? If so does that mean no more IAP's?

seastripes
04-18-11, 04:45 PM
I think it's supposed to be free as advertised?

GroupMagma
04-18-11, 04:58 PM
Are they really charging us $4.99 for this game? If so does that mean no more IAP's?

Nope, Zoo Story is free-to-download, like all TeamLava games. :)

sehana
04-18-11, 05:11 PM
Nope, Zoo Story is free-to-download, like all TeamLava games. :)
Do you know when it will be changed to Free?

GroupMagma
04-18-11, 05:13 PM
Do you know when it will be changed to Free?

It will be changed when the app is made available; the current listing is only a place-holder.

Also, I'm happy to announce that Zoo Story has a firm release date; it'll be available on Thursday, April 21. :)

sehana
04-18-11, 05:19 PM
oh ok! (duh, me) it says in the title LOL :D

GroupMagma
04-18-11, 05:36 PM
Well, to your credit, I just changed that when I got the news. :D

babanana
04-18-11, 05:41 PM
How about "amusement park story"? 

chvchv
04-18-11, 07:06 PM
Placeholder? You're kidding us, right? There is no such thing as a "placeholder application" in the AppStore.

cwmole
04-19-11, 01:59 AM
Really disappointed with how this looks from the pictures. Animals look odd, the pens are too small for them just like real life. Was really looking forward to designing my zoo in similar style to farm, but this looks bad, why do the people have such enormous eyes in the games? Boggling at it all no doubt! I had hoped for animals that looked more like the FS ones.... Oh well, I'll reserve judgement till I've seen it I guess

Edit! I was wrong, I love it!!

BlakBeard
04-20-11, 08:18 AM
I heard you have to use Energy to harvest crops, collect your money from the anamils, to build different things. It takes to many apples to feed the anamils. You only start out with 17 Energy. Plus to build things you need friends and you have to ask them for the building materials. I hope by tomorrow this isn't the case.

Rachael98
04-20-11, 03:57 PM
Oh Please this looks lame and "promising weekly updates" all the story games promise weekly updates in the app store but do we see them, nope!
Yes i know the "Spring Box" was added and of course gems or cash are needed to purchase it...
What about some new foods? I have mastered out all foods in Bakery & Restaurant.
How about some new buildings in City that we can use our billions of coins for
How about some new crops and decorations in Farm? How about another expansion of space? I am at max space and mastered the crops too...this is becoming very boring

Stop being negative! At least give it a try!

Rachael98
04-20-11, 03:58 PM
Placeholder? You're kidding us, right? There is no such thing as a "placeholder application" in the AppStore.

Yes there is.

Rachael98
04-20-11, 03:59 PM
Why is everyone being so NEGATIVE? You have a right to about the other games that are already our, but you haven't tried this yet!

GroupMagma
04-20-11, 05:16 PM

Nope, I'm not kidding. The game will be out -- and free -- tomorrow morning. :)

GroupMagma
04-20-11, 05:18 PM
Here's a trailer that was released today for Zoo Story! Check it out, and tell us what you think! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t7Fy8jz_J4g

doodlebug8
04-20-11, 05:19 PM
I don't mind how the animals look. Even if I don't keep at it, I know I'll download it anyway to test it out.

trenae
04-20-11, 05:31 PM
Good to see trailers. :)

BlakBeard
04-20-11, 11:39 PM
Nice video.

clojo0
04-21-11, 03:16 AM
Well made, nice graphics which young kids would LOVE. I'll get it once we have the gem promotion, coz on a couple of games I need like 6 odd gems to get magic basket etc

ThreeDawg
04-21-11, 09:06 AM
Nice new Game!

Add me everyone: ThreeDawg
;)

seastripes
04-21-11, 10:33 AM
:( my iPad is on service, i can't wait to get it back and download this

twompy
04-21-11, 04:48 PM
any way this is going to android???