PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Mama Mia - 2019 May 2 (5 Days)

AnnirasSweets
05-02-19, 05:35 PM
5 Day Goal - Mama Mia
*Goal should end May 07, 2019*

*Nonna's Stove will now have 2 pages of recipes. Be sure to scroll if you're unable to find a recipe.*

Mama Mia: Part 1
Serve 4 French Toast (30g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 1 Minute *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 4 Bagels (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 15 Minutes *under Breakfast tab*
Buy 1 Nonna's Stove (2g to skip) *Must purchase and build 1 appliance for task to clear*

- Previous Purchases don't count

- $120,000 each

- Unlocks @ Level 22

- 5 Mallet + 5 Iron Press + 5 Anchovy Knob
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Mother's Cupcake Recipe

Mama Mia: Part 2
Serve 6 Waffles (24g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 2 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 6 Waffle Balls (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 1 Hour *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 5 Mother's Cupcake (30g to skip)

- Nonna's Stove

- 1 Hour
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Mom's Favorite Chicken Recipe

Mama Mia: Part 3
Serve 8 Eggs in a Basket (25g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 12 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 8 Countdown Cookies (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 8 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 8 Mom's Favorite Chicken (20g to skip)

- Nonna's Stove

- 3 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Mommy's Dessert Recipe

Mama Mia: Part 4
Serve 10 Lovely Pancakes (50g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 16 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 10 Beignet (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 7 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 10 Quiche (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 16 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 10 Mommy's Dessert (40g to skip)

- Nonna's Stove

- 8 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Rose Kitchen

Final Goal Prize:
Rose Kitchen, 4x4, 24 Gem Value (Released June 24, 2015 - 2nd Prize from Roses Crate)

GOAL CARDS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51607&d=1556851515
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51603&d=1556848733

GOAL ITEMS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51606&d=1556851501

pipipooh1977
05-02-19, 05:42 PM
$120,000 for the stove???????? :eek: What in the....:mad:

clk48706
05-02-19, 05:48 PM
$120,000 for the stove???????? :eek: What in the....:mad:

That was my thought too! $120,000 is 3x the cost of a regular stove and we do not know what parts are required or the quantity of the parts needed. For a 5 day goal, NO WAY.
Really nice Mothers Day gift for those of us that play ....... NOT :(

Just found it in the forum. This oven was part of a goal on 12-23-2015. Apparently I skipped it then too because of the high cost plus the recipes were only 2, 3, and 4 hrs.

Good luck to all who decide to participate in this goal. I am definitely sitting this one out.

LIDA3209
05-02-19, 06:04 PM
Can someone check out the price of the Nonnas Stove. The price is crazy

Natasha_07
05-02-19, 06:17 PM
I only bought 1 nona stove but waiting on confirmation is not ideal since it's only 4.5 days goal for me.

LIDA3209
05-02-19, 06:33 PM
That was my thought too! $120,000 is 3x the cost of a regular stove and we do not know what parts are required or the quantity of the parts needed. For a 5 day goal, NO WAY.
Really nice Mothers Day gift for those of us that play ....... NOT :(

Just found it in the forum. This oven was part of a goal on 12-23-2015. Apparently I skipped it then too because of the high cost plus the recipes were only 2, 3, and 4 hrs.

Good luck to all who decide to participate in this goal. I am definitely sitting this one out.

I don’t think this oven e cost $120,000 - I’ve been playing before 2015 and I know I’d never pay that amount for an appliance and I already have 10 of thhem

twospoons
05-02-19, 06:38 PM
It did cost that much previously--maybe not always, but definitely for a long time now. (And I believe since its introduction, I'm just acknowledging the possibility that I'm wrong.)

But hey, you only have to cook the new recipes, so you don't need as many appliances! This short goal again seems super doable, and since I don't have this prize, I'm really excited.

Really--look at the amounts & hours. You could do this with like 2 stoves. Maybe even 1 if you're incredibly dedicated.

tatermaters
05-02-19, 06:49 PM
I didn't check the price I bought 7 lol

Lilliepaddd
05-02-19, 06:49 PM
I don’t think this oven e cost $120,000 - I’ve been playing before 2015 and I know I’d never pay that amount for an appliance and I already have 10 of thhem

Yes it's been that crazy price since the original goal.

sgoetzinger99
05-02-19, 06:50 PM
It did cost that much previously--maybe not always, but definitely for a long time now. (And I believe since its introduction, I'm just acknowledging the possibility that I'm wrong.)

But hey, you only have to cook the new recipes, so you don't need as many appliances! This short goal again seems super doable, and since I don't have this prize, I'm really excited.

Really--look at the amounts & hours. You could do this with like 2 stoves. Maybe even 1 if you're incredibly dedicated.

Twospoons...our cheerleader! You are so endearing for always looking on the bright side.

tatermaters
05-02-19, 06:50 PM
Yup it is 120k. Wow I spent a lot!!!

hiraisha
05-02-19, 07:50 PM
I already bought the stove.. and now i feel regret to buy that expensive stove :'(

happyday5
05-02-19, 08:01 PM
I'm gonna try to complete the goal with 2 stoves. We'll see!

AnnirasSweets
05-02-19, 08:32 PM
I know that all the 5 Day Recipes are recycled but they're usually from other s8 games and I've made my peace with this. However, I really don't like it when they give us duplicate recipes within the same game. Especially when the original Fruit Sundae recipe was added just a year ago:

rezist69
05-02-19, 11:00 PM
15 Day Goal - Mama Mia

AnnirasSweets
05-02-19, 11:10 PM
15 Day Goal - Mama Mia

Thank you. I had some issues with my templates today, lol. Wrong goal header over here and the wrong end date in BS. Things usually slip through the net on double goal days like today.

je551cat
05-02-19, 11:27 PM
Ouch... the least they could do is to change the color or something... :(

EdiiLouise
05-03-19, 12:31 AM
I really don't wanna do the goals but the reward is so cute

EdiiLouise
05-03-19, 12:53 AM
I know that all the 5 Day Recipes are recycled but they're usually from other s8 games and I've made my peace with this. However, I really don't like it when they give us duplicate recipes within the same game. Especially when the original Fruit Sundae recipe was added just a year ago:

Was thinking that the recipe looks familiar lol from a previous goal

callmetired
05-03-19, 02:00 AM
These 5 day goals are ridiculous and I never do them myself but in the past have, of course, filled requests and gifted required parts to everyone.
But beginning now I'll fill requests but will NOT waste time and energy hunting down obscure parts buried in the bowels of the garbage pile of poorly arranged parts and will gift nothing. There's no reason the anchovy part etc couldn't be temporarily moved to the front for efficiency, just as during regular goals, the new parts are in front.

The real irony is that only a few neighbors actually do the 5 days. Everyone else has to fool with the part problem as above, get inundated with dumb gifts and send anchovy thingies to all these people who don't want them either!! Sort of an "emperor has no clothes" situation.

marikoz17
05-03-19, 02:38 AM
I have no prob w/the price, since I've expanded the most allowed & don't really know on what else to spend the $$ on. I waay much prefer a high price appliance than absurd amts of required dishes/hrs or insane amts of "new" parts/materials. ;)

annalimanada
05-03-19, 04:03 AM
I'm a new player on RS and want to play the goals. But 120.000 for a stove is too much for me. I only have 35.000 at the moment 😓

kayjco
05-03-19, 04:03 AM
Looks like a nice final prize, but I'm skipping. My fingers are tapped out! My coins are low, too.

Skip-ah-dee-do-dah, skipah-dee-ay. I joined Goals Anon and I'm skipping today. Plenty of more goals coming my way. Skip-ah-dee-do-dah, skippin oh Yay!

TwixAndScones
05-03-19, 04:05 AM

Interesting. since I rarely play now I have no much coins so I will just try 2 to see with the Nona Stove. Because that all I can get.

Anyway. I want this item, so I will try to get it.

The recipe is not 2 long. So it ok for me.

rita6834
05-03-19, 08:34 AM
Had a really weird thing happen this morning. Started cooking the mom's chicken on the Nona appliance, came back a couple hours later, because something else was ready and somehow the mom chicken wasn't cooking anymore. Anyone else having similar issues? I'm an android user Samsung Galaxy s7 playing off Verizon. No issues with my connection.

Rynetory2
05-03-19, 08:50 AM
Had a really weird thing happen this morning. Started cooking the mom's chicken on the Nona appliance, came back a couple hours later, because something else was ready and somehow the mom chicken wasn't cooking anymore. Anyone else having similar issues? I'm an android user Samsung Galaxy s7 playing off Verizon. No issues with my connection.

Do make sure you save your game progress before exiting the game. It helps to avoid such situation, see suggestions under Sync Issues in chapter What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

EdiiLouise
05-03-19, 09:40 AM
I'm a new player on RS and want to play the goals. But 120.000 for a stove is too much for me. I only have 35.000 at the moment ��

Cook stuffed mushrooms and country fried steak!

Idmommabear999
05-03-19, 11:01 AM

I have 2 different devices and one is a Samsung that I have this issue with a lot. My 2 fixed have been to leave my game open for 15-20 mins. Or close game and then get back in and make sure recipes still cooking if not restart them. There have been a couple times that if I forgot I actually missed getting the prize because I was short 1 or 2 recipes

rita6834
05-03-19, 11:13 AM
Do make sure you save your game progress before exiting the game. It helps to avoid such situation, see suggestions under Sync Issues in chapter What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

Very interesting, I've never had issues before, I guess i've always assumed the game just saves automatically when you exit. I'll look into it. Thx for your reply.

pixiegamer
05-03-19, 11:14 AM
Confirming here that this oven has always cost 120,000 coins :( It's the most expensive coin-priced appliance to have ever been released.

Interesting - I didn't notice this until you pointed it out, but it's a nice change, and hopefully not a one-off :) Also glad that the chosen appliance seems at least somewhat relevant to the theme, with 'Nonna' tying in nicely to 'Mother's Day'.

Mama Mia: Part 1
Serve 4 French Toast (30g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 1 Minute *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 4 Bagels (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 15 Minutes *under Breakfast tab*
Buy 1 Nonna's Stove (2g to skip) *Must purchase and build 1 appliance for task to clear*

- Previous Purchases don't count

- $120,000 each

- Unlocks @ Level 22

- 5 Mallet + 5 Iron Press + 5 Anchovy Knob
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Mother's Cupcake Recipe

Mama Mia: Part 2
Serve 6 Waffles (24g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 2 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 6 Waffle Balls (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 1 Hour *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 5 Mother's Cupcake (30g to skip)

- Nonna's Stove

- 1 Hour
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Mom's Favorite Chicken Recipe

Quick Heads-Up About These Steps!

It's actually cheaper to 'skip' these by cooking them on their respective appliances and spending gems to complete their cooking. Usually, the prices line up for the skip steps (ex. if it would take you 4 gems to complete cooking after tapping, it would take you 4 gems to skip the step), but the clipboard prices in this goal are unusually exorbitant :(

Not sure if this applies to future steps since I'm only a little ways into the goal, but thought I'd share in case others plan to use gems to skip the steps.

rita6834
05-03-19, 11:14 AM
I have 2 different devices and one is a Samsung that I have this issue with a lot. My 2 fixed have been to leave my game open for 15-20 mins. Or close game and then get back in and make sure recipes still cooking if not restart them. There have been a couple times that if I forgot I actually missed getting the prize because I was short 1 or 2 recipes

Oh wow, that's horrible. This is a first for me, I've always used a Samsung device. Guess I'll need to do some more research. Thx for your reply!

AnnirasSweets
05-03-19, 04:04 PM
...snip...
It's actually cheaper to 'skip' these by cooking them on their respective appliances and spending gems to complete their cooking. Usually, the prices line up for the skip steps (ex. if it would take you 4 gems to complete cooking after tapping, it would take you 4 gems to skip the step), but the clipboard prices in this goal are unusually exorbitant :(

Not sure if this applies to future steps since I'm only a little ways into the goal, but thought I'd share in case others plan to use gems to skip the steps.

I had noticed that myself. In fact, my first thought when I saw the goal was that it was a typo since completing the recipes from the appliance itself only costs 1 gem per recipe. That they would raise the gem skip so much is just crazy to me. I'm interested in seeing whether this was an oversight or if this trend of raised gem costs continues with the future 5 Day Goals.
--------------

Overall, I'm happy with this goal. The set up they used this time is how the flash goals should always be done, in my opinion. Basic recipes and shorter cook times at the start offer players a chance at actually being able to finish without being glued to their devices.

Personally, I prefer a bit of a break in between events so I'm really digging this one. I've already got several of the goal prize so I'm just in it for the recipes and I finished first thing this morning. Now I can have some quality downtime before I have to stress over the next goal, lol.

annalimanada
05-03-19, 04:35 PM
Cook stuffed mushrooms and country fried steak!

Where do I find these recepies? I can't find them on my grill, basic oven or stove.

AnnirasSweets
05-03-19, 07:43 PM
Where do I find these recepies? I can't find them on my grill, basic oven or stove.

Here's a thread that shows all the recipes and the relevant info such as where to find them, what level they unlock at and how much money you make from them: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98519-RESTAURANT-STORY-CookBook

hanniebees
05-04-19, 12:43 PM
αℓмσѕт ∂σиє😍 тнαик уσυ fσя тнє gυι∂є🥰

TamandraDrake
05-06-19, 04:35 AM
Finished this one, even with time to spare. Pleasant surprise!!
I had 5 Nonna stoves already from earlier and bought four additional ones despite the cost. I had most of the parts in storage for it and I am not working on expanding at the moment.
The amount of recipes was manageable this time and I like the goal prize. It's cute.

ricecafe
05-06-19, 07:59 PM
I completed the goals but couldn't find the prize, free Rose Kitchen. Where to find it?

Rynetory2
05-06-19, 08:41 PM
I completed the goals but couldn't find the prize, free Rose Kitchen. Where to find it?

Someone asked the same earlier. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108373-Mama-Mia-goal&p=1577389&viewfull=1#post1577389

poohbear6185
05-07-19, 12:31 PM
Nona stove does cost $120,000 not sure why. It doesn't seem special. Am I missing some special magic this stove has I've any of the other stoves?

mirlos
05-07-19, 08:14 PM
I finally finished it.

lubok
05-07-19, 09:24 PM
Thank you for balancing the short goal set! Now it is a pleasant break, not a hopeless struggle anymore! I have not been able to get a reward for a short goal for a long time. I often failed even to unlock the third recipe, sometimes even the second one. I failed even if I already had a few appliances before. Now I have easily finished the goal on the device where I had no Nonna stove as well as on the device where I had 2 Nonna stoves. It only took me 2 stoves to bye. I thank the team for this good work! Though I'm a bit late I have to let you know.

pixiegamer
05-08-19, 08:07 AM
Thank you for balancing the short goal set! Now it is a pleasant break, not a hopeless struggle anymore! I have not been able to get a reward for a short goal for a long time. I often failed even to unlock the third recipe, sometimes even the second one. I failed even if I already had a few appliances before. Now I have easily finished the goal on the device where I had no Nonna stove as well as on the device where I had 2 Nonna stoves. It only took me 2 stoves to bye. I thank the team for this good work! Though I'm a bit late I have to let you know.

Agreed :) I don't usually do 5-day goals because they're infeasible, but the timings and quantity on this goal were nice - it really helped that it focused on the new recipes and we didn't have to cook copious amounts of the older ones. I even lost a day in between to poor connection and was still able to finish with 4 hours left.

Also really happy we're getting such nice prizes now :) Hope this goal sets a trend for future 5-day goals!

TwixAndScones
05-08-19, 10:57 AM
Well I not finish :( I send the last thing of recipe before I get to bed, I get open and then I forget to serve my recipe because itnever send me notification.