PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: New Expansion Parts & Expansions

Rynetory2
07-03-18, 07:03 AM
New Expansion Parts - new parts and expansions

More information in Main Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide).
New Expansion Parts
New Map
For Sale Sign
Survey Machine (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1249926&viewfull=1#post1249926)

6 New Expansions
#1 - 9 of each expansion parts
#2 - 11 of each expansion parts
#3 - 12 of each expansion parts
#4 - 14 of each expansion parts
#5 - 16 of each expansion parts
#6 - 18 of each expansion parts

Deliveries drop old expansion papers and new expansion parts randomly. New expansion parts are stored in your barn.

Update:

Hi Guys,

I have some updates for you regarding the questions you have asked in the thread.

1. Will future expansions require old expansion papers? Can we sell them off?

Sorry I'm afraid there's no answer to this as Storm8 does not speculate future game developments. I would suggest that you keep both old papers and new parts just in case. I am keeping mine and sell off the spares.

2. For members who have not fully expanded their farm, when will the new expansion parts drop?

New expansion parts will not drop until Brave New Future is completed as I mentioned earlier.

Clicking Go button will bring you to the bottom of the farm where the new expansion plots are. You will need to expand the nearby plots before you can get to the new plots which means you wont get the next goal until you expand the surrounding old plots.

Once you complete the Brave New Future goal, your Discover The Future goal will appear.

3. New expansion parts currently come only from the Order Warehouse's deliveries.

Missing Expansion Sign - reported

Rynetory2
07-03-18, 07:03 AM
Regular Goals

Brave New Future
Well these times are a changing... as we expand out, we're gonna need some new things to cultivate the land! Get to that field over there and we'll start looking for a new way to get new items!
Discover a new area of the Farm (click [Go])
REWARD: 200 coins, 3 xps

Clicking Go button will bring you to the bottom of the farm where the new expansion plots are. You will need to expand the nearby plots before you can get to the new plots which means you wont get the next goal until you expand the surrounding old plots.

Discover The Future
You've done it! A whole batch of new items will start arriving from the Order Warehouse! If you can find enough of them, I've got a new-fangled gadget with your name on it!
Get New Map x5
Get For Sale Sign x5
Get Survey Machine x5
REWARD: 1 Arcade Machine

https://i.imgur.com/iepsTDb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZehaUbR.jpg

judyandthecat
07-03-18, 07:15 PM
I just signed on and have some kind of update event

Nanaof8and2great
07-03-18, 07:19 PM
Well, I have the update and I have already sold 20 orders and not one bonus item yet. I wonder how many we have to do to get at least one. Maybe getting Land this way is not a great way after all. I was so happy when I saw it but now........

orca1006
07-03-18, 07:23 PM
I just signed on and have some kind of update event

oh yeah i just logged on and saw the same now (was not expecting one so taking it easy :p)! doesn't look like a limited-time quest and seems to require a particular expansion before it unlocks (i missed what the first step was cuz it just flashed across my screen and told me i completed it already :p).

orca1006
07-03-18, 07:30 PM
oh yup, 5 new land expansions using new items...i was excited for a moment but now i'm just kinda blehhh about it :/ what am i gonna do with so many of the old ones now....?!?! -___- sigh

for now...the new deeds just feel like extra clutter crowding barn space....maybe i'll get more excited later...:p

update: p.s. arrghh why am i still getting all the old ones as delivery drops instead of the new ones...?!

Paul__
07-03-18, 07:40 PM
This is interesting...

Can they please make the light green grid go to the new expansions.

orca1006
07-03-18, 07:45 PM
Can they please make the light green grid go to the new expansions.

you mean the light green vs dark green grass patch after we've expanded to a certain space? yeah i've noticed they overlooked turning the land light green for some of the expansions (the 3 new ones and some of the old ones right below the truffle pen)

Paul__
07-03-18, 07:47 PM
you mean the light green vs dark green grass patch after we've expanded to a certain space? yeah i've noticed they overlooked turning the land light green for some of the expansions (the 3 new ones and some of the old ones right below the truffle pen)

Yeah, I'm guessing this requires a game update from the app store. I really hope this happens... Also they should get rid of the trees next to the new expansions.

Paul__
07-03-18, 07:56 PM
oh yeah i just logged on and saw the same now (was not expecting one so taking it easy :p)! doesn't look like a limited-time quest and seems to require a particular expansion before it unlocks (i missed what the first step was cuz it just flashed across my screen and told me i completed it already :p).

Yes, it does. Perhaps it is the new ones that were released last month?

Rynetory2
07-03-18, 09:33 PM
Information updated in Posts 1 and 2.

Paul__
07-03-18, 09:41 PM
Can the new expansion parts come from pets.

orca1006
07-03-18, 09:51 PM
Can the new expansion parts come from pets.

i second this! :D

Lilliepaddd
07-03-18, 11:10 PM
So are they phasing out the old expansion parts. I’m confused as always lol Thx.

lilhobby4ever
07-04-18, 04:10 AM
So are they phasing out the old expansion parts. I’m confused as always lol Thx.

I would like to know this too!

gc0912
07-04-18, 06:34 AM
I would like to know if they’re phasing them out too. I’m maxed out on the land expansions on my main farm and if I don’t need the old land parts anymore I can sell them off!

Paul__
07-04-18, 08:03 AM
I would like to know if they’re phasing them out too. I’m maxed out on the land expansions on my main farm and if I don’t need the old land parts anymore I can sell them off!

I’m guessing the new expansion parts will be used for new expansions from now on.

Lilliepaddd
07-04-18, 09:47 AM
I’m guessing the new expansion parts will be used for new expansions from now on.

I need more than a guess. Lol. I’m still getting them in deliveries... I could sell off as I was accumulating more from the last expansion. Thx

judyandthecat
07-04-18, 12:00 PM
I need more than a guess. Lol. I’m still getting them in deliveries... I could sell off as I was accumulating more from the last expansion. Thx

I have a baby farm and the land expansions there require the old papers....
So I assume only the new land expansions require the new papers.
But I am guessing.

Paul__
07-04-18, 12:27 PM
But I am guessing.

I still have a few areas that I haven't expanded to that were there before the update and they use the old papers. But maybe the expansions that were new last month use the new parts? And what expansions qualify for goal 1? It would be helpful to know, but I guess i'll see when I get there.

RoyalBlue305
07-04-18, 05:45 PM
The survey item looks like the same piece from the City Story game.

I hope we do find out if the deeds are still necessary to collect. I am fully expanded except for these new areas.

Lozziemj
07-04-18, 06:59 PM
I?m confused. When I click on Brave New Future and then ?go,? nothing happens. Do I have to have expanded all other areas before I can do this and start getting the new parts from deliveries? I have a very long way to go if so :(

krystab33
07-04-18, 07:11 PM
Has anyone received one of these new expansion parts yet?? Tons of deliveries and nada...

Lillialove
07-04-18, 07:55 PM
I need more than a guess. Lol. I?m still getting them in deliveries... I could sell off as I was accumulating more from the last expansion. Thx

I visited this thread looking for this exact answer. Who's the moderator? I'd like to ask the question directly. :)

Lilliepaddd
07-04-18, 08:47 PM
I visited this thread looking for this exact answer. Who's the moderator? I'd like to ask the question directly. :)

I have no idea, I have been selling a few, I hope I don’t regret it. I don’t understand why we don’t have an answer, I was totally expanded until these new parts.

krystab33
07-04-18, 09:07 PM
I just figured out why I?m not getting new expansion parts - I can?t get the first quest to clear. I?ve clicked ?go? several times. I?ve forced closed. Still won?t complete. I don?t see an update... any other thoughts?

krystab33
07-04-18, 09:14 PM
I?m seeing the same thing... I hope we don?t have to be fully expanded to start collecting these new parts. Hopefully we?ll get an answer soon

lilhobby4ever
07-04-18, 10:48 PM
Has anyone received one of these new expansion parts yet?? Tons of deliveries and nada...

Yeah, I have, though sent out quite a few deliveries. So far I have 2 maps and one each of the other two. I didn't see all of them when they arrived via the delivery; I needed to check my barn/quest to check.

fastfoody
07-04-18, 11:56 PM
No.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 12:12 AM
I?m confused. When I click on Brave New Future and then ?go,? nothing happens. Do I have to have expanded all other areas before I can do this and start getting the new parts from deliveries? I have a very long way to go if so :(

I just figured out why I?m not getting new expansion parts - I can?t get the first quest to clear. I?ve clicked ?go? several times. I?ve forced closed. Still won?t complete. I don?t see an update... any other thoughts?

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 12:17 AM
So are they phasing out the old expansion parts. I?m confused as always lol Thx.

I would like to know if they?re phasing them out too. I?m maxed out on the land expansions on my main farm and if I don?t need the old land parts anymore I can sell them off!

I'll find out if we still need to keep the old parts for those who have fully expanded.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 12:19 AM

I'm the Moderator for Farm Story 2 as well as several other Storm8 games. I'm checking on this.

PookieBear50
07-05-18, 02:33 AM
I still have a few areas that I haven't expanded to that were there before the update and they use the old papers. But maybe the expansions that were new last month use the new parts? And what expansions qualify for goal 1? It would be helpful to know, but I guess i'll see when I get there.

Same, but the old expansions still request the old papers. It is the newly release expansions that are asking for the new ones.

I hope this does not mean all the old papers will stop dropping; I still need quite a lot of them to finish the last 3 expansions before I can start doing the new ones.

orca1006
07-05-18, 03:09 AM
I hope this does not mean all the old papers will stop dropping

don't worry. the old papers are still dropping. actually, i've finished the new goals, and i'm getting a lot more old papers than new ones from deliveries :rolleyes: (also still getting old papers from pets). i'm keeping them just until dear Rynetory can confirm for us that we won't be needing them anymore for future/new expansions, then i can start selling to help out others. :)

griffithpack
07-05-18, 03:35 AM
This is ridiculous. I’ve been sending deliveries when possible - lost count of how many - and not one single part for the new expansions has dropped. As if the last event didn’t make me mad enough to quit, now this? The only reason I kept playing is because of the friends I have on the game. It’s certainly not because the events and quests are fun like they used to be. How can I get the parts to expand?

orca1006
07-05-18, 04:02 AM
I?ve been sending deliveries when possible - lost count of how many - and not one single part for the new expansions has dropped.

when you click on the expansion sign, do you have access to the newly released areas requiring new parts? i *think* you may need to get to the "discover the future" goal (i.e. have those new areas available) before the items will unlock and start dropping....:/

p.s. this is not a timed quest so the goals should remain available until whenever...

orca1006
07-05-18, 04:08 AM
I'll find out if we still need to keep the old parts for those who have fully expanded.

fyi: just expanded the new plot requiring 9 parts each, and a new area right below it became available requiring 18 new parts each. still no access to the area in between the 9/ea and 11/ea, i.e. no access to new plot #2 in your first post presumably requiring 10 parts each.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 05:15 AM
Same, but the old expansions still request the old papers. It is the newly release expansions that are asking for the new ones.

I hope this does not mean all the old papers will stop dropping; I still need quite a lot of them to finish the last 3 expansions before I can start doing the new ones.

I'm still getting old expansion papers from deliveries and pets, same as orca1006.

don't worry. the old papers are still dropping. actually, i've finished the new goals, and i'm getting a lot more old papers than new ones from deliveries :rolleyes: (also still getting old papers from pets). i'm keeping them just until dear Rynetory can confirm for us that we won't be needing them anymore for future/new expansions, then i can start selling to help out others. :)

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 05:16 AM
fyi: just expanded the new plot requiring 9 parts each, and a new area right below it became available requiring 18 new parts each. still no access to the area in between the 9/ea and 11/ea, i.e. no access to new plot #2 in your first post presumably requiring 10 parts each.

Thanks for your help. I have just updated Posts 1 and 2 with the finalised information. We have a total of 6 expansion plots.

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 05:18 AM
This is ridiculous. I’ve been sending deliveries when possible - lost count of how many - and not one single part for the new expansions has dropped. As if the last event didn’t make me mad enough to quit, now this? The only reason I kept playing is because of the friends I have on the game. It’s certainly not because the events and quests are fun like they used to be. How can I get the parts to expand?

Sorry to hear about your lack of parts. Check and make sure that you are playing on the latest regular version and activate your expansion goal clicking [Go] button. Hope you get some parts very soon. Good news is that these goals have no time limit. :)

Rynetory2
07-05-18, 05:19 AM
Have you gotten new expansion parts from your pets? I did not. Please post if you do.

Answered. No they only come from deliveries.

krystab33
07-05-18, 05:38 AM

So you have to be fully expanded in the old plots before the new ones will open. Great. Hopefully people will start dumping maps on the market

Fairyreserve
07-05-18, 09:58 AM

I wait with urgency for u and others to do this, cuz I'm dyin'here. Need papers so bad.

Fairyreserve
07-05-18, 10:03 AM
This is ridiculous. I?ve been sending deliveries when possible - lost count of how many - and not one single part for the new expansions has dropped. As if the last event didn?t make me mad enough to quit, now this? The only reason I kept playing is because of the friends I have on the game. It?s certainly not because the events and quests are fun like they used to be. How can I get the parts to expand?

So you're saying you are full expanded then? Cuz you need to expand all the way to the new parts of the farm before new papers and parts will even drop for you. It's gonna be months before my game will do it, cuz I have quite alot of expansion still to do. Your join date was 2016,and I'd just be really surprised if you were fully expanded. I mean if you are, wow! Just saying, if you're not this element of game play is the reason.

RoyalBlue305
07-05-18, 11:08 AM
Have you gotten new expansion parts from your pets? I did not. Please post if you do.

I’m fully expanded and have gotten the new parts on or about every 7-10 order warehouse deliveries but none so far from pets. I am also still receiving maps and papers of the old expansion parts. I have already expanded to the first plot with the new parts. FYI the survey part looks just like the one from the City story game lol. Thx for your help Rynetory!

RoyalBlue305
07-05-18, 04:45 PM
But I am guessing.

Judy do we know yet whether we need to keep the old expansion papers? My barn is clogged with them and now with the new parts and starting the Penquin challenge it?s going to be tough sledding (pun intended)

Lillialove
07-05-18, 08:34 PM
why am i still getting all the old ones as delivery drops instead of the new ones...?!

+1

Individuals that haven't expanded fully aren't receiving new parts so it seems reasonable to stop getting old parts once they're no longer applicable.

Also, I'm guessing the animals will eventually give the new expansion parts because they give us everything else.

orca1006
07-06-18, 01:39 AM
so it seems reasonable to stop getting old parts once they're no longer applicable

i actually don't mind still getting these old ones so i can sell them to help out my neighbors. but still waiting for that final word on whether we'll need them again in the future....dooodooodooo :rolleyes:

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 06:25 AM
Update:

Hi Guys,

I have some updates for you regarding the questions you have asked in the thread.

Sorry I'm afraid there's no answer to this as Storm8 does not speculate future game developments. I would suggest that you keep both old papers and new parts just in case. I am keeping mine and sell off the spares.

2. For members who have not fully expanded their farm, when will the new expansion parts drop?

New expansion parts will not drop until Brave New Future is completed as I mentioned earlier.

Once you complete the Brave New Future goal, your Discover The Future goal will appear.

3. New expansion parts currently come only from the Order Warehouse's deliveries.

orca1006
07-06-18, 06:28 AM
well....:( guess i'm just gonna have to make the executive decision to sell off the old ones for now....barn space is just wayyyy too tight having to store all these penguin event items....:/ thanks for following up! ^-^

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 06:29 AM
Judy do we know yet whether we need to keep the old expansion papers? My barn is clogged with them and now with the new parts and starting the Penquin challenge it?s going to be tough sledding (pun intended)

See updates in my post #49.

Rynetory2
07-06-18, 06:32 AM
well....:( guess i'm just gonna have to make the executive decision to sell off the old ones for now....barn space is just wayyyy too tight having to store all these penguin event items....:/ thanks for following up! ^-^

Aim to expand your barn to max if you have not done so. It really helps to make game play easier when I have a huge barn. Good luck.

Lilliepaddd
07-06-18, 07:29 AM
I’ve sold off mine. No need to request to be nbrs now as I have too many and I’m crashing thx. ��

orca1006
07-06-18, 11:51 AM
Aim to expand your barn to max if you have not done so.

i was maxed out at one point but given recent frequent updates...i'm a lil behind at 1415...which you would think should be plenty room...but for some magical reason, i always seem to find a way to make it full all the time...lol :p

Fairyreserve
07-06-18, 04:06 PM
i was maxed out at one point but given recent frequent updates...i'm a lil behind at 1415...which you would think should be plenty room...but for some magical reason, i always seem to find a way to make it full all the time...lol :p

Yes! It's so funny, somehow I manage the barn space even though it's nearly impossible. I then finally expand and feel all this freedom for about 4 minutes, then I wonder how the heck I was ever able to manage it before I expand it because once again I can barely manage. Hahaha!

lilhobby4ever
07-06-18, 08:47 PM
Rynetory2, thank you so very much for the updates. 😄

annya_usagi
07-07-18, 04:05 PM
It?s great that we at least got more expansions <3

lilhobby4ever
07-08-18, 02:21 PM
Stormie's shop had a new expansion item for sale in my farm.

Fairyreserve
07-08-18, 10:13 PM
Stormie's shop had a new expansion item for sale in my farm.

Me too. I'm nowhere close to being able to use them, but I'll be saving them up!

Fyym
07-21-18, 04:09 PM
New stuff they keep adding, but wont make Android the same as ios. Still waiting on that truffle farm. Dont matter, i'm done. Deleting farm story. I'll check back every few months to see if they add stuff we've been asking for or stuff we didn't and dont want.

goodies70
07-21-18, 10:13 PM
Help!! I’ve been on the Discover the Future goal for days & not one new expansion part! I’m using a lot of my inventory so I’m getting very frustrated! Is anyone else still having trouble?

Lilliepaddd
07-23-18, 05:21 PM
I haven't seen an expansion during this latest tiki event. I wish they would add them to the pet collections. I don't need the old ones. Very frustrating as well.

orca1006
07-23-18, 05:35 PM
I haven't seen an expansion during this latest tiki event. I wish they would add them to the pet collections. I don't need the old ones. Very frustrating as well.

you mean you haven't seen a new permit from delivery drops ever since the tiki event started, right? yup, i noticed my count stayed the same as well but thought i was prolly just paranoid so i hadn't mentioned it. but yes, maybe it's a bug that the new permit aren't dropping during this event that we should report...! :eek:

Lilliepaddd
07-23-18, 05:37 PM
you mean you haven't seen a new permit from delivery drops ever since the tiki event started, right? yup, i noticed my count stayed the same as well but thought i was prolly just paranoid so i hadn't mentioned it. but yes, maybe it's a bug that the new permit aren't dropping during this event that we should report...! :eek:

Exactly!

orca1006
07-23-18, 05:53 PM
Exactly!

ok i posted this under the bug thread. hopefully it'll get resolved soon. :)

Lilliepaddd
07-23-18, 06:37 PM
ok i posted this under the bug thread. hopefully it'll get resolved soon. :)

Thanks hun!

oldino
07-26-18, 11:37 PM
How can some players purchase more land than what is available to everyone else. I have seen whereby some sections of land on the right hand side have been somehow purchased, whereas everyone else that I have seen don't have that option.

Rynetory2
07-27-18, 12:30 AM
Land expansion is made available to all players. However bear in mind that individual players expand at different rates, according to their own choice and pace. You need to expand to surrounding plots before you can expand further.

See Post 1 in Expansion thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105164-New-Expansion-Parts-amp-Expansions-2018-Jul-3

AstronomyDan
07-31-18, 11:18 PM
I just finished expanding to all the new 6 plots. Unlike prior times when you're fully expanded, the 'sign' that is next to the delivery warehouse that normally says something like "You've expanded your farm as large as it can be for now" doesn't exist and there are no areas where I can expand anywhere on the board now.

I'm still flustered why most people seem to have been able to expand to the left of the mines (among other spaces) - yet I can't. What gives? :) I'm level 86, halfway to level 87. Android, using current version in the app store. No unfinished tasks except the current event.

Thoughts? Explanations?

Rynetory2
08-01-18, 01:30 AM
I just finished expanding to all the new 6 plots. Unlike prior times when you're fully expanded, the 'sign' that is next to the delivery warehouse that normally says something like "You've expanded your farm as large as it can be for now" doesn't exist and there are no areas where I can expand anywhere on the board now.

I'm still flustered why most people seem to have been able to expand to the left of the mines (among other spaces) - yet I can't. What gives? :) I'm level 86, halfway to level 87. Android, using current version in the app store. No unfinished tasks except the current event.

Thoughts? Explanations?

The open plots have been fixed. I have flagged over the missing expansion sign. See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105375-Unable-to-cut-Ash-Tree-with-saw-when-placed-on-border-of-new-land

Fairyreserve
08-02-18, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same issue, or if it's an issue at all, cuz I read the linked bug thread about unintended open plots, and it seems to be different. But I don't have an option to expand to the plot to the left of the mine. Is this not available for Android? Or is it just not open to me yet st my level (52) and where I've already expanded?

Mitzi111
08-06-18, 04:33 AM
so I still have to expand some areas that need old papers. But I can't seem to get any papers these past weeks. Can anyone tell me if there are specific activities that will drop papers more often than other activities?

Mitzi111
08-07-18, 03:28 AM
This is ridiculous. I?ve been sending deliveries when possible - lost count of how many - and not one single part for the new expansions has dropped. As if the last event didn?t make me mad enough to quit, now this? The only reason I kept playing is because of the friends I have on the game. It?s certainly not because the events and quests are fun like they used to be. How can I get the parts to expand?

SAME thing for me! I noticed that I haven't been getting any at all during the penguin event. Is this by design? Should we expect to only see event items drop during an event?

draughnc
08-13-18, 08:19 AM
I think I am totally expanded but can't find the sign that says "your farm is as big as it can get." Is this a bug?

Jnny2good
08-13-18, 08:59 AM
So I'm supposed to expand first and then I start getting drops of the new items? How is that supposed to work? I've expanded with purchased items and I still am not getting drops of the new items.

princessskykennedy
08-13-18, 02:20 PM
I think I am totally expanded but can't find the sign that says "your farm is as big as it can get." Is this a bug? same! If I can expand more I would like the space!

Rynetory2
08-13-18, 08:35 PM
I think I am totally expanded but can't find the sign that says "your farm is as big as it can get." Is this a bug?

Yes it is.

The open plots have been fixed. I have flagged over the missing expansion sign. See https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105375-Unable-to-cut-Ash-Tree-with-saw-when-placed-on-border-of-new-land

Rynetory2
08-13-18, 08:36 PM
So I'm supposed to expand first and then I start getting drops of the new items? How is that supposed to work? I've expanded with purchased items and I still am not getting drops of the new items.

New expansion parts will not drop until Brave New Future is completed. More information in Post 1.

Jnny2good
08-14-18, 10:26 AM
OK, I've hit GO, I've expanded once each, old parts and new, and brave new future task is still there. What is supposed to happen?

Lilliepaddd
08-14-18, 02:11 PM
It's frustrating not to be getting parts like we used to from collecting pets as I'm not getting new maps! And prizes are old items. We also need a way to get these please! Thanks

Rynetory2
08-14-18, 09:09 PM
OK, I've hit GO, I've expanded once each, old parts and new, and brave new future task is still there. What is supposed to happen?

See Point 2 in Post 1 on what happens when you click GO. Check and expand all your old plots first and then you can get to complete the goal and get the new parts.

Jnny2good
08-16-18, 06:44 AM
That's so illogical, but I think I understand, if I have even one plot that takes the old style parts, I can't complete the goal? I have one old plot left.

Clark_Wayne
08-16-18, 07:07 AM
Update:

Hi Guys,

i did hundreds deliveries, but haven?t seen one of the new items for expansion :mad:

Paul__
08-16-18, 07:31 AM
i did hundreds deliveries, but haven?t seen one of the new items for expansion :mad:

You must complete “Brave New Future” first.

Rynetory2
08-16-18, 08:05 AM

Have you completed the "Brave New Future" goal? That will activate the start of drop for new expansion parts.

honeybee5459
08-18-18, 03:58 PM
At level 76. Fully expanded. What level does expansions begin again ? Have several neighbors who are way past my farm in size. Don't want to sell any old or new expansion things

ironmama41
08-19-18, 09:38 PM
Is anyone else still getting the new expansion parts from deliveries and you can?t expand any farther ? I?ve gone out as far as the game allows it appears but why am I still getting the parts? Are there more expansions coming?

Rynetory2
08-19-18, 11:09 PM
At level 76. Fully expanded. What level does expansions begin again ? Have several neighbors who are way past my farm in size. Don't want to sell any old or new expansion things

You are fully expanded if you have expanded the 6 new plots for this update, see Post 1. We'll have to wait for more land in future updates.

Rynetory2
08-19-18, 11:12 PM
Is anyone else still getting the new expansion parts from deliveries and you can?t expand any farther ? I?ve gone out as far as the game allows it appears but why am I still getting the parts? Are there more expansions coming?

It's normal for the game to continue to give parts so we can keep extras. You can sell them off if you dont wish to keep them. Storm8 does not speculate future updates but I should think we will see more expansions in future.

honeybee5459
08-20-18, 05:52 PM
Thanks. Love this game and didn't want to sell expansion parts if I was going to need them soon. ✝️

namthanh63
08-28-18, 01:12 AM
I saw some farms have expanded even to the river, obviously more than 6 plots. Why some are bigger and some are not? I always think there are is enough land for my farm. My level is 86. Thanks.

Rynetory2
08-28-18, 03:05 AM
I saw some farms have expanded even to the river, obviously more than 6 plots. Why some are bigger and some are not? I always think there are is enough land for my farm. My level is 86. Thanks.

This is due to the recent unintended open plots issue which was fixed. Players will not be able to use these plots.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105375-Unable-to-cut-Ash-Tree-with-saw-when-placed-on-border-of-new-land&p=1530662&viewfull=1#post1530662

Fairyreserve
08-29-18, 09:03 PM
I thought I wouldn't have the new plots available to me until I was out of primary expansion spots. I've been stocking up on new expansion parts tho and I was shocked when one became available to me! I have alot to open yet of the primaries, but this one allowed me access with enough parts!

pickles1966
08-31-18, 05:21 PM
I have upgraded due to others casts off , but never received one item through deliveries , I have been to the new quests and go there but still no luck what am I doing wrong please .

Lilliepaddd
09-09-18, 07:59 PM
I hope we get more expansions!!! I accumulated lots of new papers during The leaderboard event. Hanging on and selling some.

Rynetory2
09-10-18, 08:48 AM
New Expansions

More information in Main Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide).

We have 2 new expansions. :)
#1 - 20 of each (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 280,000 coins
#2 - 22 of each (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 290,000 coins

P.S. Don't be alarm if your expansion sign is missing after the above expansions. Mine is missing too and the team is aware of it.

gdr4gon
09-10-18, 05:37 PM
Thank you for the expansion, I need more space! :)
But why are the plots so out of order?? And there are plots I cannot expand in between the ones I can... It messes up my farm :( can you guys please fix that.

Lilliepaddd
09-10-18, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much for the expansions...good timing!

Lilliepaddd
09-10-18, 11:11 PM
But why are the plots so out of order?? And there are plots I cannot expand in between the ones I can... It messes up my farm :( can you guys please fix that.

I agree, it's strange, I keep trying to place things and I can't lol.

Rynetory2
09-11-18, 01:08 AM

I found that a bit odd too. I have pass in the feedback. Guess we have to wait for the next expansion.

Goatsiek
09-16-18, 07:29 AM
I don?t understand the expansion and why all are thanking for it. Am I missing something?

Lilliepaddd
09-17-18, 06:56 PM
I don?t understand the expansion and why all are thanking for it. Am I missing something?

Because sometimes we reach a limit.

PookieBear50
09-18-18, 12:13 PM
I found that a bit odd too. I have pass in the feedback. Guess we have to wait for the next expansion.

Perhaps it is because the space between two of the expansions has a tree in it, and the programmers are working on removing that tree at the same time expanding to that area? I'm remembering two expansions that had trees that could not be removed for the longest time; hopefully when that space DOES get released, it will clear the tree immediately instead of taking months (or was it years) to finally disappear.

Or...maybe that space will become something new at some point in the future? Like the expansions to the Truffle Forest, the Farmer's Market, etc.

gdr4gon
09-18-18, 10:00 PM
Perhaps it is because the space between two of the expansions has a tree in it, and the programmers are working on removing that tree at the same time expanding to that area? I'm remembering two expansions that had trees that could not be removed for the longest time; hopefully when that space DOES get released, it will clear the tree immediately instead of taking months (or was it years) to finally disappear.

Or...maybe that space will become something new at some point in the future? Like the expansions to the Truffle Forest, the Farmer's Market, etc.

I don't think the trees are a problem, I have 3 plots with trees in them and I was able to blend them in. My alpacas used to have a tree in the middle of their corral lol. And the plots that i wish I could expand are super clear. They are just in between already expanded ones :(

Rynetory2
10-09-18, 01:59 AM
New Expansions

#1 - 24 of each expansion parts (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 300,000 coins
#2 - 26 of each expansion parts (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 310,000 coins

Note:
1. Don't be alarm if your expansion sign is missing after the above expansions. Mine is missing too and the team is aware of it.

2. If you have placed existing items in these plots previously, you need to move/store these items from these plots before you are able to clear the obstacles.

Tinks1950
10-15-18, 07:20 AM
Do we need to keep old expansion papers? Don’t want to sell if needed in the future. Take up space in barn ya know?!

Rynetory2
10-15-18, 08:04 AM
Please see explanation on this question in Post 1 of the New Expansion Papers thread. :)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105164-UPDATE-New-Expansion-Parts-amp-Expansions-2018-Jul-3

Rynetory2
10-23-18, 12:57 AM
New Expansions

#1 - 27 of each expansion parts (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 320,000 coins
#2 - 29 of each expansion parts (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 340,000 coins

Note:
1. Don't be alarm if your expansion sign is missing after the above expansions. Mine is missing too and the team is aware of it.

2. If you have placed existing items in these plots previously, you need to move/store these items from these plots before you are able to clear the obstacles.

Fairyreserve
10-23-18, 06:30 AM
Stupid question. If you're not yet expanded to these new areas, how would someone be able to have placed something there to store?

Rynetory2
10-24-18, 03:01 AM
A few unintended plots were accidentally opened in the previous expansion and the team has fixed and closed the plots. Those farmers who placed items there were unable to use these plots until the plots are made available.

babybaby123
10-30-18, 11:16 AM
Can you tell me if we will ever be able to use the old expansion parts? Thank you for your time.

judyandthecat
10-30-18, 12:22 PM
Can you tell me if we will ever be able to use the old expansion parts? Thank you for your time.

New players just starting have to expand all their land with the old pieces. I always sell mine as I get them to help them out.

beebeecsh
10-30-18, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I'm the old members so shall I keep the old expansion parts or not otherwise I can sell to others and keep my space, thanks Brenda

judyandthecat
10-30-18, 05:55 PM
Hello,

I'm the old members so shall I keep the old expansion parts or not otherwise I can sell to others and keep my space, thanks Brenda

I don't know what to say because they could release land using the old parts too.
I dumped but ha I might be sorry but I have lots of high Level neighbours often selling the items

beebeecsh
10-30-18, 10:45 PM
Thanks, I also do that too to sell the items to other parties.

Rynetory2
10-31-18, 06:51 AM
See Answer 1 regarding if old expansion papers will be used for future new expansions.

Update:

Hi Guys,

Lilliepaddd
11-02-18, 04:59 PM
I hope there is a new expansion soon, I'm full from the leaderboards and when I sold there was an expansion lol...this seed goal stuff is going into my barn. Yikes!

NElove6
11-05-18, 01:04 PM
I am level 65 and have never had a new expansion part dropped from the warehouse. Ive had to buy them from the newspaper. Will they ever drop for me ? I have 2 or 3 areas that require these parts.

ankavale1000
11-05-18, 03:19 PM
I am level 65 and have never had a new expansion part dropped from the warehouse. Ive had to buy them from the newspaper. Will they ever drop for me ? I have 2 or 3 areas that require these parts.

The only time I got significantly more new expansion items from plane deliveries is during leaderboard events. Other events not so much, maybe a grand total of 3-5. During leaderboards I tend to get more, something like 20-15-7 for all three new expand items after like 60 deliveries a day for 10 days. The drop is always lopsided and slows down as I accumulate more in barn. I rarely see new expand items in newspaper, so if u r able to buy them, more power to you.

Ravenbluffer
11-10-18, 04:50 AM
Ryne, sorry to beat an old drum, but I?ve expanded into the new area using parts I?ve found in the Newspaper but it hasn?t completed for me The Brave New World goal. Thanks.

Rynetory2
11-11-18, 01:42 AM
Ryne, sorry to beat an old drum, but I?ve expanded into the new area using parts I?ve found in the Newspaper but it hasn?t completed for me The Brave New World goal. Thanks.

Have you completed expanding the old plots? See Post 2 for more information.

Rynetory2
11-16-18, 09:19 AM
New Expansions

#1 - 32 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 370,000 coins
#2 - 31 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 360,000 coins

See Expansion parts (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1249926&viewfull=1#post1249926) for more information on these parts.

Note:

Missing Expansion Sign - fixed
Click on your Expansion Sign to expand these 2 new plots.

annya_usagi
11-16-18, 06:16 PM
Hi,
I see there are a lot of green plots out today, but i reinstalled the game and still do not see the expansion arrow on them. Any news on when they will be fully available? Have hundreds of new parts saved up and i would love to expand more, thanks. I already finished expanding everything else.

Ispy24630
11-16-18, 07:45 PM
I’m in the same boat, new plots but no expand arrow sign

Rynetory2
11-16-18, 09:03 PM
I'm checking on this. If anyone is able to expand into the new plots, pls let me know. :)

Lilliepaddd
11-19-18, 08:10 AM
I hope it's soon, I'm busting lol.

annya_usagi
11-19-18, 07:33 PM
One of the plots on the right can be unlocked, the arrow appeared. Just that one, though.

EDIT: Actually, once you unlock that one, another arrow appears right next to it. It might apply for the others, not sure yet.

Rynetory2
11-20-18, 08:05 AM
The expansion sign has been fixed. We have 2 new expansion plots. Updated in Post 1.

Rynetory2
11-23-18, 10:38 PM
New Expansions

We have 6 new expansions. :)
#1-6 - 33 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 380,000 coins

See Expansion parts (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88356-Farm-Story-2-Main-Guide&p=1249926&viewfull=1#post1249926) for more information on these parts.

Note: Don't be alarm if your expansion sign is missing after the above expansions.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48779

AstronomyDan
11-25-18, 03:15 AM
So... why is it that none of the new expansions actually use the expansion parts in the picture?

And I still have that entire section to the left of the mine that is vacant and I can't expand to any of those... what's going on? :( I'm level 87 and no outstanding quests except the current promo.

Very discouraged. :(

MagicAaron
11-25-18, 10:45 AM
So... why is it that none of the new expansions actually use the expansion parts in the picture?

And I still have that entire section to the left of the mine that is vacant and I can't expand to any of those... what's going on? :( I'm level 87 and no outstanding quests except the current promo.

Hi, Dan. I took a look at your farm and it looks like a glitch that those plots to the left of the mine aren't accessible to you. You have all the surrounding plots, so you should be able to expand to them.

Rynetory, how can Dan get this glitch fixed?

namthanh63
11-28-18, 02:02 AM
Hi Storm 8,

So far, For Sale, Survey and New Map have been released via delivery, especially very few For Sale. Could you make it available via Train or Pet? I usually receive old papers like Land Deed, Old Map and Expansion, unfortunately they are useless now.

Rynetory2
12-01-18, 03:09 AM

Hi, Dan. I took a look at your farm and it looks like a glitch that those plots to the left of the mine aren't accessible to you. You have all the surrounding plots, so you should be able to expand to them.

Rynetory, how can Dan get this glitch fixed?

AstronomyDan - Are you playing on Android platform? Does this answer your question?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74508-Farm-2-Help-Me-I-have-a-Question&p=1546763&viewfull=1#post1546763

Rynetory2
12-01-18, 03:10 AM
For your information, there are 6 expansion plots for this update. Updated Post 1.

AstronomyDan
12-03-18, 12:06 AM
Good evening Rynetory,

Kinda... the post (from what I read), says it's 2 expansion slots on iOS next to the mine for Apple and 2 slots elsewhere for Android (and yes, I'm on Android), so they balance each other out for different devices and operating systems, but there are 7 spots there that are expanded to that I can't reach as far as I've been able to determine by comparing my farm to Stormie's, where all 7 of those additional slots next to the mine are all expanded to for Stormie.

If you are able to look at my farm, it's DanHenge, fyi...

Thoughts? Is that still correct as far as my inability to expand to those spots? Obviously if it is, I'll accept that, but I hope something is amiss and you're able to look into it?

Thank you for looking into it - have a great week ahead. :)

Rynetory2
12-03-18, 08:39 AM
I took a look at your farm and I believe those 5 plots just next to the mine are unexpandable. I'm on iOS so I'm not sure if you are able to use the 2 plots where the Farmers' Market is for iOS. I'll try to find out more for you.

Rynetory2
12-03-18, 11:05 PM
New Expansions

#1 - 34 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 380,000 coins
#2 - 34 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 380,000 coins

Note: Don't be alarm if your expansion sign is missing after the above expansions.

Lilliepaddd
12-08-18, 03:46 PM
I hadn't received any survey machines in days ugh!

Lapetshop7
12-08-18, 09:08 PM
My airplane doesn't give me any of the new expand items lol

Rynetory2
12-17-18, 07:14 PM
New Expansions

#1 - 35 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 390,000 coins
#2 - 35 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 390,000 coins

Nanaof8and2great
12-26-18, 05:44 PM
I have no problem with having to collect new items to purchase land but I do have an issue only being able to get them only from the warehouse. Also they are way far between to get them especially the for sale signs. We as the upper levels should also get them for our animals as well. I feel the upper level players have paid a lot of money and time to get to that point and we snouts be equal. Either that or mix our land for both items. Does anyone else feel the same?

krystab33
01-02-19, 08:36 PM
After completing the last expansion with the old parts and the corresponding goal I am still receiving drops of the old maps/permits.... why?? This makes no sense... any ideas?

judyandthecat
01-03-19, 06:56 PM
After completing the last expansion with the old parts and the corresponding goal I am still receiving drops of the old maps/permits.... why?? This makes no sense... any ideas?

We all receive them. I just sell them.

Fairyreserve
01-04-19, 01:13 AM
We all receive them. I just sell them.

And I just buy them. ����������

skkdjdkckdmj
02-26-19, 11:42 PM
On my farm, just like many other farms, I have expansion areas which require the new expansion items (Survey machine, Mew map and For Sale Signs) but my plane deliveries only drop the older ones. Is there a certain level required for them to drop? Or do I need to expand a certain amount of times? I am on level 41. I wish the plane would drop the newer items :( Is there anyone who as an answer for this? I heard that other people are having the same problem

Lilliepaddd
02-27-19, 09:06 AM
I'm in desperate need of expansions after last few events, I hope it happens soon! Thanks

Rynetory2
02-28-19, 07:05 AM
On my farm, just like many other farms, I have expansion areas which require the new expansion items (Survey machine, Mew map and For Sale Signs) but my plane deliveries only drop the older ones. Is there a certain level required for them to drop? Or do I need to expand a certain amount of times? I am on level 41. I wish the plane would drop the newer items :( Is there anyone who as an answer for this? I heard that other people are having the same problem

Check Post 1 and see if you have activated the requirement for the new expansion items to drop.

Rynetory2
02-28-19, 07:06 AM
I'm in desperate need of expansions after last few events, I hope it happens soon! Thanks

There's an existing thread in the Suggestion and Feedback forum to request for more land expansion.

Rynetory2
04-19-19, 03:48 AM
New Expansions

We have 1 new expansion. :)
#1 - 36 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 400,000 coins

kindefarm1890
04-20-19, 04:59 AM
Not certain if this is the right thread but thanks S8 for the half off gems for expansion papers and upgrade parts. I used up half my saved gems to add expansion slots in some buildings, a land expansion and space in the barn and silo. This sale was better for me than the decorations.

Rynetory2
04-30-19, 06:26 AM
New Expansions

#1 - 36 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 400,000 coins

Rynetory2
05-13-19, 07:59 PM
New Expansions

#1 - 37 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 410,000 coins

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51749

Lilliepaddd
05-17-19, 10:01 AM
Great but why only one at a time?!? Clearly there is more room to expand. I don't understand this game most of the time, just my two cents.

Rynetory2
05-20-19, 05:41 AM
Great but why only one at a time?!? Clearly there is more room to expand. I don't understand this game most of the time, just my two cents.

Writing this as a fellow player. I can see several advantages of not releasing everything at one shot. :)

We can look forward to stages of releases. If all lands were released on Day 1, some players may feel discouraged and overwhelmed by the massive expansions. Also the bigger our game boards are, the more device resources are needed to run the game. Which means, if they speed up the expansions, players on older devices will not be able to play. As it is, I have some neighbours who are unable to visit my farm.

I have fully expanded and have so much room to spare, much much more than I needed. Out of curiosity, are you of space?

Rynetory2
05-29-19, 08:48 AM
New Expansions

#1 - 37 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 410,000 coins

Rynetory2
06-14-19, 08:53 PM
New Expansions

#1 - 38 of each expansion part (New Map, For Sale Sign, Survey Machine), 420,000 coins

Lilliepaddd
07-11-19, 11:39 PM
Writing this as a fellow player. I can see several advantages of not releasing everything at one shot. :)

We can look forward to stages of releases. If all lands were released on Day 1, some players may feel discouraged and overwhelmed by the massive expansions. Also the bigger our game boards are, the more device resources are needed to run the game. Which means, if they speed up the expansions, players on older devices will not be able to play. As it is, I have some neighbours who are unable to visit my farm.

I have fully expanded and have so much room to spare, much much more than I needed. Out of curiosity, are you of space?

Hi Rynetory...I have caught up now so all is good but.... lol... I wish they would make more expansions by the truffle hogs and to the right of the train and those weird spots where those fake trees are. Anyhow always happy to see expansions :)

RoyalBlue305
07-13-19, 08:41 AM
Hi Rynetory...I have caught up now so all is good but.... lol... I wish they would make more expansions by the truffle hogs and to the right of the train and those weird spots where those fake trees are. Anyhow always happy to see expansions :)

Yes I agree. Happy to see expansions but would to see those odd intermittent empty spaces expandable. Also if the County Fair area is not going to be utilized for that event type it would be helpful to have that land accessible. It’s such a strategic location and it’s just wasted space.

And it would also be nice to use the river for something. How about a river boat delivery? Or fish as pets that live in the river?

Lilliepaddd
07-15-19, 12:52 PM
Yes I agree. Happy to see expansions but would to see those odd intermittent empty spaces expandable. Also if the County Fair area is not going to be utilized for that event type it would be helpful to have that land accessible. It’s such a strategic location and it’s just wasted space.

And it would also be nice to use the river for something. How about a river boat delivery? Or fish as pets that live in the river?

I agree..awesome ideas!

AstronomyDan
07-15-19, 09:57 PM
AstronomyDan - Are you playing on Android platform? Does this answer your question?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?74508-Farm-2-Help-Me-I-have-a-Question&p=1546763&viewfull=1#post1546763

Greetings Rynetory,

Just wanted to follow up on this now that roughly 6 months have passed and nothing has changed other than me going up 2 more levels...

The link you had sent did discuss the "swap" of availability of 2 expansion spaces that were different between iOS and Android, but in the case of Android, there are still at least 7 other spaces over by the mine that I am unable to expand to that apparently iOS can reach.

Any chance you can inquire with S8 when they plan to fix this? I have a ton of those old expansion pieces that I really would like to put to use instead of just selling them.

Thanks and have a great week

Daniel

Woldawson
10-01-19, 04:58 PM
Can we please be able to load expansion materials on to squares like we can on Castle Story?? It would free up much needed space in our storage barn. Needing 133 materials is a lot of barn space.

KojiMama
10-01-19, 05:16 PM
What a great idea! They do take up a lot of barn space!

Woldawson
10-02-19, 01:18 AM
What a great idea! They do take up a lot of barn space!

Yes & it takes weeks/months to collect enough. Weird that in CS the storage is limitless but we can load permits on to squares but in FS2, storage is very limited, & we can?t load them on. Please help us TEAMLAVA🥰

Paul__
10-30-19, 08:53 PM
New Expansion - 2019 October 30

Lilliepaddd
11-22-19, 03:07 PM
I wonder where they will expand to next?

Lilliepaddd
11-27-19, 03:58 PM
I was hoping they would expand by the train, truffle hogs, etc, where the fake trees are....is there a reason for this?

judyandthecat
11-29-19, 06:41 PM
There are six new land expansions available

PookieBear50
11-29-19, 09:15 PM
More land expansions are great, but I really wish they'd instead focus on removing the non-movable trees so that we can have nice consecutive expansions instead of random rings around "natural clearings"...

caterpilar88
06-07-20, 10:28 AM
What should i do, my delivery never get those new land expands stuff, all i got is tools or old land expand paper only. I had stop play this game seen it mew land out, I have delivery alots . Please help

ankavale1000
06-09-20, 04:12 PM
What should i do, my delivery never get those new land expands stuff, all i got is tools or old land expand paper only. I had stop play this game seen it mew land out, I have delivery alots . Please help

If I remember correctly, you have to complete Brave New World goal in your to-do list before new land papers will start dropping from deliveries. From the goal, click GO, there’s a specific area you must expand to to complete this goal.

Paul__
06-09-20, 10:14 PM
If I remember correctly, you have to complete Brave New World goal in your to-do list before new land papers will start dropping from deliveries. From the goal, click GO, there’s a specific area you must expand to to complete this goal.

I can confirm this.

KojiMama
06-14-20, 05:14 AM
Hi, I just completed my last expansion update. I see that we have all kinds of room left. Two questions: when can we expect more expansions and can they repurpose that event area to give us more space?

AstronomyDan
07-10-20, 03:32 AM
Good evening everyone,

Hope you're all safe and well with everything going on in the world today (and the past few months). Prayers to all of you!

Anyway, another year has passed that us lowly Android users cannot expand to the left of the mine where almost a dozen spots are available to iOS users. Can someone please explain why we are prohibited from gaining access to those places? I remember in the early days of the game, Android was "new" in support and all... but come on guys... It's a little ridiculous now. :(

And of course, why are there so many "holes" in the rest of the field that we can't expand to? That makes absolutely no sense either...

Sorry for the little rant, but it's very frustrating to see this when there doesn't seem to be any valid reason...

Hopefully an S8 rep can pop in and let us know what's going on. :)

TwixAndScones
07-10-20, 10:06 PM
Good evening everyone,

Hope you're all safe and well with everything going on in the world today (and the past few months). Prayers to all of you!

Anyway, another year has passed that us lowly Android users cannot expand to the left of the mine where almost a dozen spots are available to iOS users. Can someone please explain why we are prohibited from gaining access to those places? I remember in the early days of the game, Android was "new" in support and all... but come on guys... It's a little ridiculous now. :(

And of course, why are there so many "holes" in the rest of the field that we can't expand to? That makes absolutely no sense either...

Sorry for the little rant, but it's very frustrating to see this when there doesn't seem to be any valid reason...

Hopefully an S8 rep can pop in and let us know what's going on. :)

Great points.

I mainly and always use an IOS (iPhone 6s, in specific) each time I have played farm story, until recently. Where I logged in with a Samsung note 9, and noticed what I had seen on iOS wasn't shared with android.

I've noticed a lack of stuff on Android than on iOS.

For reference; iOS gets the truffle forest, wishing well, the hot air balloon thing, amongst other things, that Android doesn't get. And even the delivery truck (the farmers market) my Samsung note 9 doesn't get it, but my iPhone does.

I was shocked to see this.

But regardless, I wonder why myself? Or why there is such a disparity between the two sides.

AstronomyDan
07-11-20, 05:43 PM
Yeah, it just seems like, well, for lack of a better word - laziness - on the part of S8 to make the two platforms equal.

I remember the early days where it was the iPhone 1 and there was not much out there for a while, and then the first serious competitor was released (HTC EVO, which I bought), and trying to compare the 50,000+ apps in the Apple Store versus maybe a thousand in the Android Marketplace (pre- Google Play)... sure, I could understand why there would be such a discrepancy back then. But for the most part, there are just as many apps on both sides now, and even tools that can code in both, so it's just frustrating that Android continues to be left out of so many things here on S8 that frankly, no other company I am aware of does. Every other program I use has an iOS equivalent and they operate basically identically, with a few minor differences due to buttons and such. But by and large, everyone out there basically duplicates the capabilities of their apps regardless of which operating system they are using.

Oh, and yes, I tested and compared them... my daughter has an iPhone XR and I was curious one day a year or so ago and did just that - downloaded the equal app on both platforms and did some testing and they were basically identical. The look was different between the two in many cases, but they still operated and had mostly the same features between the two.

Anyway, hopefully S8 can get off their proverbial hind-sides (different word should have been used there, but I'm trying to be polite), and stop treating Android as the lost child. :)

TwixAndScones
08-03-20, 03:49 PM
Hello to anyone who may answer me.

I got a new quest, I'm not sure when I did, but I noticed it yesterday.

But anyway, it says this;

I then click the "go" button, and it sends me here:

Near the big Salvage Yard.

Once I can get expanded to there and do the quest(s)

Does it instantly give you the arcade machine?

judyandthecat
08-03-20, 07:18 PM

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1524757&viewfull=1#post1524757

I don't know anything about an arcade machine?
But so long ago if it is a reward you would receive it.

Paul__
08-05-20, 01:06 PM

Once you expand to that location, you will unlock the new expansion parts, and a new goal will unlock where you will be rewarded with an arcade machine if you get 5 of each part from deliveries.

EcoFarmWarrior
08-05-20, 03:44 PM
Does anyone know if you still need land deeds, old maps and expansion permits beyond a certain point or level? I'm on level 69 but currently there are no areas available where I need these parts and they are taking up space. I'm playing on Android if that makes a difference.

TwixAndScones
08-05-20, 05:25 PM
Once you expand to that location, you will unlock the new expansion parts, and a new goal will unlock where you will be rewarded with an arcade machine if you get 5 of each part from deliveries.

So is the arcade machine offer still valid? Even 2 years after its introduction?

Paul__
08-05-20, 06:02 PM
So is the arcade machine offer still valid? Even 2 years after its introduction?

Yes, it is a permanent goal.

EcoFarmWarrior
08-13-20, 09:52 AM
Anyone? 🙂

EcoFarmWarrior
08-13-20, 09:53 AM
does anyone know if you still need land deeds, old maps and expansion permits beyond a certain point or level? I'm on level 69 but currently there are no areas available where i need these parts and they are taking up space. I'm playing on android if that makes a difference.

anyone? 🙂

judyandthecat
08-13-20, 10:00 AM
anyone? ��

I wouldn't want to get up and say you don't need them anymore and then they release land that does.
Answer: Unknown

Lilliepaddd
08-22-20, 10:16 PM
Any expansions in the works? I could really use it right now! Thanks

Paul__
08-23-20, 01:58 AM
Any expansions in the works? I could really use it right now! Thanks

In previous years, Storm8 added new land during black friday but we don't know if they are going to do it this year.

TwixAndScones
09-20-20, 06:14 PM
Yes, it is a permanent goal.

Was finally able to expand where the "brave new future" was pointing to, and yes, it's still being offered (the machine)

Just got it less than 20 minutes ago!

So yes, you are correct. Shocking since it's been 2 years since its introduction, but I'm glad that I was still able to get it!

But since it's permanent, I guess it makes sense... I don't know why I'm shocked about being able to get it. 🤷*♂️

TwixAndScones
09-21-20, 10:34 AM
I got curious as to what game was on the arcade machine, and it's another S8 (Storm8) game - bubble mania!

The one with the weird pink (cat?) thing, that pops bubbles and sometimes saves babies. I only know this because I used to play the game a few years ago. But I noticed the little reference to it, which was nice.

As at first, I though the screen had random colours on it. Not an actual game, let alone a game S8 puts out.

Paul__
09-21-20, 11:14 AM
I got curious as to what game was on the arcade machine, and it's another S8 (Storm8) game - bubble mania!

The one with the weird pink (cat?) thing, that pops bubbles and sometimes saves babies. I only know this because I used to play the game a few years ago. But I noticed the little reference to it, which was nice.

As at first, I though the screen had random colours on it. Not an actual game, let alone a game S8 puts out.

oh wow I didn't even notice that. I think the icon on the top is the old Storm8 logo which fits the retro machine look.

TwixAndScones
09-21-20, 06:18 PM
oh wow I didn't even notice that. I think the icon on the top is the old Storm8 logo which fits the retro machine look.

Yeah, you have a point - it does.

I only was curious because I though it was just a blur of colours on the screen, until I decided to look closer and realised "oh, it's actually a game!"

And since I have played bubble mania before, it didn't take long for me to know what game was on the screen.

Anyway, I'm glad that they added that little detail in and took the time to add a game to the machine. Not that it does anything, but I still think it's cool.

Lilliepaddd
12-07-20, 06:34 PM
I would really like to hear from someone if we can expand!!! There are many places with those fake trees, this is getting silly! I'm full and yes I'm selling parts but not all as I've earned them...thanks!