PDA

View Full Version : Koala Tree Leaderboard - 2019 Apr 24 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
04-24-19, 04:51 PM
Moderator's Notes: Added by Rynetory2

Members who are unable to access to your game today, please see and report here.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108414-Not-Connected-to-Internet

I've moved your posts there for tracking purpose. Thanks for reporting this. I've replied to your individual PMs. Cheers.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51576

Win a Koala tree so not sure if this is a stationary pet.
Here is a chance for new players to win the Topiary Bunny Pet!

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from {start date/time} to {end date/time}.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Woodpecker - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Craft items in the Cannery - 1+ points
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Woodpecker - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - 5 Peach Blossom Trees
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,250 points - 5 Hickory Trees
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,250 points - Mystery Box
3,800 points - Woodpecker
4,350 points - Mystery Box
4,900 points - Mystery Box
5,450 points - Weeping Willow
6,000 points - Mystery Box
6,500 points - Amazon Toucan

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32
3,600 points - Amazon Toucan

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Koala Tree and Gold Trophy
2nd - Koala Tree and Silver Trophy
3rd - Topiary Bunny, Bronze Trophy, 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - Topiary Bunny, coins, Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - Coins

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51577

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51578

skkdjdkckdmj
04-24-19, 04:53 PM
I'm very excited for this event. Really hoping for the bunny. I don't want to win this leaderboard, I just want the bunny

I wanted to buy the bunny in the Spring Sale but didn't have enough gems so here is my chance!

judyandthecat
04-24-19, 06:33 PM
This is not listed under how to earn points but I still got points for it
I have not put this in post 1 yet

Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points

ankavale1000
04-24-19, 07:01 PM
Can someone from the Team confirm the Koala Tree is akin to Venus and not a real pet requiring habitat. Thx. It's real cute, I hope it's a pet though it looks more to me like another Venus/Flying Squirrel type of new pets.

PookieBear50
04-25-19, 01:06 AM
So, I just checked the Milestones (because I'm not going to try for the top prize), and the reward at the 2250 Milestone is 5 Hickory Trees. What happens if we already have 5 Hickory Trees? Does that mean we're out of luck and get nothing for that Milestone?

04-25-19, 05:10 AM
Android user here:

First time I ever saw anything on FS2 regarding leaderboard! I am interested in the Woodpecker, but what about the "Leaderboard?" Will this be available?

I didn't want to waste 125 gems...IF, android users aren't fully included!

TIA!

judyandthecat
04-25-19, 06:07 PM
Can someone from the Team confirm the Koala Tree is akin to Venus and not a real pet requiring habitat. Thx. It's real cute, I hope it's a pet though it looks more to me like another Venus/Flying Squirrel type of new pets.
I can verify that the Amazon Toucan is a pet.
My leaderboard leader has obtained the prize.
The Woodpecker tree is very cute so would like to get that far and some nice tree prizes in the milestones

judyandthecat
04-25-19, 06:08 PM
Android user here:

First time I ever saw anything on FS2 regarding leaderboard! I am interested in the Woodpecker, but what about the "Leaderboard?" Will this be available?

TIA!

Do you have it?
Leaderboard started yesterday

PookieBear50
04-25-19, 09:46 PM
I can verify that the Amazon Toucan is a pet.
My leaderboard leader has obtained the prize.
The Woodpecker tree is very cute so would like to get that far and some nice tree prizes in the milestones

judyandthecat, I am wondering...right before I hit the 2,250 milestone, should I cut down my Hickory Trees, just to be sure I can receive that milestone prize of 5 Hickory Trees? Or do you think the 5 free trees might be "saved up" until the next time I need to buy more trees and instead of paying coins, they will be given to me at that time?

Rynetory2
04-25-19, 11:08 PM

The Koala Tree is a pet like the Venus Flytrap and Flying Squirrel.

On a personal note, I preferred it's like the original style pet which moves and requires a habitat. However I dont mind this since it's a Koala and super adorable.

Rynetory2
04-25-19, 11:10 PM
So, I just checked the Milestones (because I'm not going to try for the top prize), and the reward at the 2250 Milestone is 5 Hickory Trees. What happens if we already have 5 Hickory Trees? Does that mean we're out of luck and get nothing for that Milestone?

The Hickory Trees are delivered to your cellar upon reaching the milestone and can be placed. It will not change the current cap of 5, but it will allow you place them even if you are currently maxed.

orca1006
04-25-19, 11:25 PM
On a personal note, I preferred it's like the original style pet which moves and requires a habitat. However I dont mind this since it's a Koala and super adorable.

totally agree lol :cool:

PookieBear50
04-25-19, 11:55 PM
The Hickory Trees are delivered to your cellar upon reaching the milestone and can be placed. It will not change the current cap of 5, but it will allow you place them even if you are currently maxed.

Thank you for clarifying this, Rynetory2 :)

Peggyg723
04-26-19, 05:33 AM
I play the events diligently, 24/7 spending gems for boosts and through the whole leaderboard event I can get up to 17,000 if I work really really hard with lots of gold boosts.... I just don't understand how someone can amass 28,000 in a few hours no matter how many gems they spend..tapping for 4,6 or 12 points a click... it just doesn't add up... I would just like to know how its done?? what am I missing unless its a pure hack...and if it is a hack can we report them have them removed so fair players have a chance please???

kellymtn
04-27-19, 06:30 PM
Are the Peach Blossom trees for decoration only? I thought the description read that something would be collected from the trees. Thanks!

Witsdom2014
04-28-19, 01:42 AM
I thought so too as on the leaderboard for goals it says "Try your luck at a Peach Blossom Tree". So what "luck"?

skkdjdkckdmj
04-28-19, 01:39 PM
Are the Peach Blossom trees for decoration only? I thought the description read that something would be collected from the trees. Thanks!

Yeah the Peach Blossom Trees are decorations. It does say in the information box in the cellar to chop them down but that would have been for a past event

Lapetshop7
04-28-19, 01:57 PM
They are for IOS users only, but for some reason sometimes we can buy the leaderboard points item.

Android user here:

TIA!

eucom
04-28-19, 07:49 PM
Anyone having trouble with the Windmills? The last 3 leaderboards they seem to get stuck in a loop. It will count down the time, but then it starts the time over for the same items. 2 of the leaderboards it took 3 days for it to correct itself, but it didn’t start till close to the end of the game. This leader board it started this morning—������

tromalyt
04-29-19, 11:47 PM

I had two problems with that:

First, I thought there were a new kind of trees since the ones I won are named in English (Hickory) in the leaderboard and the ones I can buy are named in Spanish (nogal) in the shop.

Second, I spent over 10 minutes trying to find where I planted my Hickory trees in my farm. It was driving me crazy because the shop was saying that I cannot plant more nogales so they must be somewhere in my farm. It turned out they where in the cellar.

So be careful, if you have your Hickory trees in the cellar you cannot plant more even if you do not have any in your farm.

JBdeL17
04-30-19, 02:24 PM
totally agree lol :cool:
I agree too! I don’t like that they can’t be stored either. The most I’ve ever gotten from them is 10 coins. Definitely not worth the work to make special feed for them.

eucom
04-30-19, 07:14 PM
I agree too! I don’t like that they can’t be stored either. The most I’ve ever gotten from them is 10 coins. Definitely not worth the work to make special feed for them.

Totally agree! I’ve never got anything but coins too. Not worth the time spent to feed and harvest. Not even trying to be first or second.

Rynetory2
05-01-19, 09:45 PM
Android user here:

TIA!

This event is currently on iOS only. The Woodpecker issue has been resolved. Sorry for the confusion.

Rynetory2
05-01-19, 09:51 PM
I had two problems with that:

First, I thought there were a new kind of trees since the ones I won are named in English (Hickory) in the leaderboard and the ones I can buy are named in Spanish (nogal) in the shop.

Second, I spent over 10 minutes trying to find where I planted my Hickory trees in my farm. It was driving me crazy because the shop was saying that I cannot plant more nogales so they must be somewhere in my farm. It turned out they where in the cellar.

So be careful, if you have your Hickory trees in the cellar you cannot plant more even if you do not have any in your farm.

I've passed in your feedback on the name in the Spanish version. Yes the Hickory Trees counter in the Market counts the total we have on farm and in cellar. E.g. Your market will show 10/5 if you have 5 Hickory trees on farm and 5 in cellar. You have to use them up before the Market lets you purchase more. :)

Rynetory2
05-01-19, 09:53 PM
Amazon Toucan goes into the Tropical Bird Base. Good luck all.

draughnc
05-02-19, 09:07 AM
Can they make the weeping willow tree bigger? It is tiny. Almost like a bush.

KewlMusic
05-06-19, 02:50 AM
In this event and two previous events, two to three farms in my group have tied in first place with unusually high and IDENTICAL scores.

How is this possible??? Has anyone else encountered this?

ankavale1000
05-06-19, 08:30 AM
In this event and two previous events, two to three farms in my group have tied in first place with unusually high and IDENTICAL scores.

How is this possible??? Has anyone else encountered this?

Yes. Possible scenario 1. They r same person. 2. They r family/friends. 3. They r team players who know more than two ppl can win the ultimate prize.

In theory, all 20 ppl on board can win, so long as all agree to a final number. In practice, it's really hard to get everyone to commit since some will want to reach 6500 or 25000 while others might not have the time or the resources.

I've tied twice before. Last round, 1st and 2nd yellow boosted and knocked me to 3rd so I asked them to determine who wants to be 1st so I can tie with 2nd and still win, they ignored me lol.

dawnsstx
05-06-19, 10:01 AM
It would be expensive but you could buy a boost and keep hitting the Woodpecker tree over and over, speeding it up for 4 gems. If you bought the boost and did it say 10 times it would be 300 points. Like I said expensive but that is a way to do it. I used to spend money on the leaderboard events but I suspected I was being paired with fake farms so I would spend money to keep up. I?m not opposed to spending money but it just seemed fishy so I stopped spending on leaderboard events.

judyandthecat
05-06-19, 01:01 PM
It would be expensive but you could buy a boost and keep hitting the Woodpecker tree over and over, speeding it up for 4 gems. If you bought the boost and did it say 10 times it would be 300 points. Like I said expensive but that is a way to do it. I used to spend money on the leaderboard events but I suspected I was being paired with fake farms so I would spend money to keep up. I?m not opposed to spending money but it just seemed fishy so I stopped spending on leaderboard events.

Judy files this in the back of her head as a very interesting piece of data!

ankavale1000
05-06-19, 03:10 PM

Yellow Boost 30 gems 2hr
Assume speed up 6x per minute (once each ten seconds, can go faster of course)
6x per min X 120min is 720
720 x 30 LB points is 21600 LB points
720 x 4gems is 2880 gems total
2880 + 30 = 2910

So in 2hrs, 21600 LB points with payout of 2910 gems

Thx for info. U r right, it's expensive lol

nagmad
05-06-19, 05:04 PM
Anyone having trouble with the Windmills? The last 3 leaderboards they seem to get stuck in a loop. It will count down the time, but then it starts the time over for the same items. 2 of the leaderboards it took 3 days for it to correct itself, but it didn?t start till close to the end of the game. This leader board it started this morning?😡🤬😢

I?m not having that issue but m windmills are not giving the leaderboard point like it is ment to, I can make and harvest but no reward point at all

nagmad
05-06-19, 07:44 PM
Is anyone else not getting the 1 point for the windmill. It is listed under the info but doesn’t give any points,

Lilliepaddd
05-06-19, 08:10 PM
I was in the lead for the first time in ages, if I'm behind because of this problem I will be beyond furious!

Lapetshop7
05-06-19, 09:06 PM
Right!! I was in first place and was so close to getting the bird but game still won't work

I was in the lead for the first time in ages, if I'm behind because of this problem I will be beyond furious!

Rynetory2
05-06-19, 09:10 PM
Members who are unable to access to your game today, please see and report here.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108414-Not-Connected-to-Internet

I've moved your posts there for tracking purpose. Thanks for reporting this. I've replied to your individual PMs. Cheers.

nagmad
05-06-19, 09:48 PM
Is anyone else not getting the 1 point for the windmill. It is listed under the info but doesn?t give any points,

And now the dehydrator is not giving points, right towards the end when the points really count

Rynetory2
05-07-19, 03:01 AM
Anyone having trouble with the Windmills? The last 3 leaderboards they seem to get stuck in a loop. It will count down the time, but then it starts the time over for the same items. 2 of the leaderboards it took 3 days for it to correct itself, but it didn?t start till close to the end of the game. This leader board it started this morning?������

Not sure what issue you're having. Can you give more details and screenshots in the Bugs forum? The Bugs forum is the best place to post for help as posts may get lost in discussion thread, also can't track posts in various discussion threads. The Bugs forum is the first place I check whenever I get online.

Rynetory2
05-07-19, 03:04 AM
Is anyone else not getting the 1 point for the windmill. It is listed under the info but doesn’t give any points,

And now the dehydrator is not giving points, right towards the end when the points really count

I got points from both windmill and dehydrator. I make and collected 6 flour = 1 hour = 1 point. See chpater Guidelines for Leaaderboard event in Event Guide for more explanation, link in Post 1.

Make sure you are using the latest game and device versions. Post in the Bugs forum with specific examples if you still dont get points. Screenshot will be very helpful too.

alessia135
05-07-19, 04:13 PM
Same problem with my windmill and dehydrator. Windmill doesn?t yield leadership points at all and dehydrator provide points selectively 😆.

PookieBear50
05-07-19, 04:22 PM
All the buildings give points based on the length of time the building is crafting. Any item that does not take at least 1 hour will not generate any points UNLESS you have several items in the queue and do not collect until after they have all finished. Then you will receive points based on the total amount of time spent crafting.

For example, with regards to the Windmill:
1 Flour (10 minutes) - no points
1 Sugar (20 minutes) - no points
1 Powdered Sugar (30 minutes) - no points
1 Almond Flour (30 minutes) - no points
1 Brown Sugar (40 minutes) - no points
1 Corn Starch (1 h 30 minutes) - 1 point
1 Shaved Truffles (1 h 30 minutes) - no points [NOTE: this is an anomaly; by rights it SHOULD give 1 point, but it does not]

2 Flour (20 minutes) + 1 Brown Sugar (40 minutes) = 1 hour = 1 point
2 Corn Starch (3 hours) = 1 point + 2 point
(1 point for the first hour, 2 points for the remaining hours - 30 minutes from the crafting of the first Corn Starch + 1 h 30 minutes from the second)

The Dehydrator works in the same way.

HappyBunny09
05-07-19, 04:25 PM
No points from windmill or dehydrated. Also the juicer is not giving the boots anymore after 2 hours still nothing

PookieBear50
05-07-19, 04:28 PM
Here's another Leaderboard event I'm not going to finish.

It would be nice if, instead of receiving fence segments for spins, we would ALWAYS get points of some sort, sometimes small and sometimes large...and have a random nice prize somewhere on the spinner wheel that would be difficult to win (another Pet, maybe). Without being able to spin more often, it is very frustrating to wait 4 hours to have another chance to win...another fence segment.

skkdjdkckdmj
05-08-19, 12:41 AM
Here's another Leaderboard event I'm not going to finish.

It would be nice if, instead of receiving fence segments for spins, we would ALWAYS get points of some sort, sometimes small and sometimes large...and have a random nice prize somewhere on the spinner wheel that would be difficult to win (another Pet, maybe). Without being able to spin more often, it is very frustrating to wait 4 hours to have another chance to win...another fence segment.

Sorry you didn't get enough time to complete it :( I completely agree with your idea. It would be so amazing if we could have a pet or two on the wheel instead of just fences. But sadly, I don't think that it will happen :(

PookieBear50
05-08-19, 02:00 AM
Sorry you didn't get enough time to complete it :( I completely agree with your idea. It would be so amazing if we could have a pet or two on the wheel instead of just fences. But sadly, I don't think that it will happen :(

To be honest, while a pet would be nice, a random item (marked by a "?" maybe) would work, as long as we had more chests with the potential for more points. Wishful thinking, I know...

Rynetory2
05-08-19, 02:24 AM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 1 week.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

orca1006
05-08-19, 04:06 PM
thanks Team for the adorable toucan and koala bear! I really love them!!! :)

p.s. and i thought it was super nice that people in 3-5th place got to win a pet, too! really helps with the motivation in a leaderboard event :)

RoyalBlue305
05-08-19, 10:12 PM
Leaderboard is always equally frustrating and equally fun. I started late and could never catch up to be in the running but did finish and got the Toucan which I love! And the woodpecker tree is adorable too! I agree with Pookie. Fence is not what I need at all. But more points or a mystery gift would be great. If you could spin every hour and even win things like pet food or flax or sugar cane that would help. But no more fence please thanks!

Rynetory2
05-08-19, 11:45 PM
I guess the fences were repeated so that was why both of you didn't like them. Maybe we could ask for change to other gem fences or gem tiles or little gem decoration prizes instead of removing these gem items?

Events are the only time we get limited time gem prizes which we can't buy in the Market. I hope we wont lose them otherwise there's no incentive or rewards to doing events in my humble opinion. These fences may not seem much but 1 fence costs a train load of crafts and they aren't available for purchase. I much rather spin the wheel to win a fence instead of sending a train to buy a fence or worse, spin the wheel to get cheese or other crafts which we can easily make. Pets in spin wheel are very welcome but they are high value gem items which I think may not happen often.

In short, I hope we dont de-value the gem prizes to items which we can purchase or get on our farms. As it is, there are 9 mystery boxes out of 14 prizes which aren't prizes. I don't consider mystery boxes as a prize or any of the following as prizes:
coins - we can easily earn by selling items in our shops
papers/parts - we can earn/buy
hickory trees - we can buy
crafts - we can make/buy
leaderboard points - we can earn
experience points - we can earn

Becareful what you wish for.....

(because recently in Fantasy Leaderboard, the limited time gem prizes were replaced with coins and food which players can easily make in their forests. The Fantasy community was extremely sad to lose their limited time gem prizes. :( I sure hope this wont happen to Farm 2 community.)

ankavale1000
05-09-19, 07:37 AM
Just wanted to share my thoughts here, not contradicting anyone’s opinion.

For the Spin the Wheel, I don’t mind the fences. I don’t particularly love them, I don’t dislike them either. I thought it was nice of Stormy to repeat the same fences, since if u only got like 7 first round, it might be difficult for u to decorate.

As for more chances to win points...my personal experience is that the random LB points u receive from both Spin and Mystery chests is a percentage of the points currently earned by the leader on ur board. On my baby account, I mostly spin. If the leader on my board has 7000 points, my average spin is around 35 to 50 and i would have to collect pigs 4x a day for 13 days for me to reach 3800. On the koala LB, my leader has over 20000 points, so this time I got a lot more points from spin and mystery chests. I ended up with 7500 points and placed 9th just by spinning n opening mystery chests. 16 out of the 20 on this board reached 6500. I could be wrong here but based on this LB, I believe if ur end goal is to get to 6500, ur best bet is to get into a highly competitive board. More chances to win points on Spin will not help much if ur leader takes it easy.

Rynetory2
05-16-19, 12:26 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.