PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Dragon : Dragon Tales **NEW POLL ADDED**

deadpixel
04-24-19, 01:35 AM
https://i.ibb.co/f4rq3V2/E1904657-2-C14-48-A0-8-F2-D-461578-EAE724.jpg

Note : For lower levels see this thread here. (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108297-Low-Level-Storybook-tasks)

A Game of Dragons

Levels 80-200

Chapter 1 (4 Acts)

1. Plant 6 Firapples. (Skip: 12 gold)
2. Harvest 6 Firapples. (Skip: 50 gold)
3. Feed ANY dragons 5 times. (Skip: 10 gold ) (Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
4. Plant ANY 6 crops. (Skip: 12 gold )
Prize: 1 Training Sword
Chapter 2 (4 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 5 gold

1. Feed ANY dragons 8 times. (Skip: 16 gold)
2. Plant 3 Impruberries. (Skip: 48 gold) (Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
3. Collect Birthday Crowns from Breeding. (Skip: 30 gold (Prize:1 Training Sword)
4. Start crafting your Snowhound Dragon. (Skip: 14 gold)
Prize: 15,000 coins
Chapter 3 (3 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 10 gold

1. Finish crafting and Hatch your Snowhound Dragon. (Skip: 21 gold)
2. Raise your Snowhound Dragon to level 3. (Skip: 7 gold)(Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
3. Start the Take a Vow Quest. (Skip: 7 gold)
Prize: 2,500 Firapples
Chapter 4 (4 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 15 gold

1. Start the To the Arena Quest. (Skip: 7 gold)
2. Raise Snowhound Dragon to level 4. (Skip: 20 gold)
3. Breed Mist Dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 50 gold)(Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
4. Start crafting a Permafrost Monument (do not collect until Act 2 of Chapter 5). (Skip: 20 gold)
Prize: 12 Mystic Maps
Chapter 5 (4 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 20 gold

1. Raise Snowhound Dragon to level 7. (Skip: 21 gold)
2. Craft and decorate with a Permafrost Monument. (Skip: 25 gold) (Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
3. Collect Birthday Crowns from Breeding. (Skip: 30 gold) (Prize:1 Greatblade)
4. Start the Take a Vow Quest. (Skip: 7 gold)
Prize: 4,000 Firapples
Chapter 6 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 25 gold

1. Start crafting a Dormant Eggs (do not collect until Act 3 of Chapter 7). (Skip: 12 gold)
2. Hatch a common Gildclaw Dragon (Breed yellow + red). (Skip: 50 gold) (Prize:1 Greatblade)
3. Start the To the Arena Quest. (Skip: 15 gold)
4. Raise Snowhound Dragon to level 11. (Skip: 100 gold)
5. Collect Birthday Crowns from Breeding. (Skip: 60 gold)
Prize: 150 Birthday Crowns
Chapter 7 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 30 gold

1. Complete the Take a Vow Quest. (Skip: 24 gold)
2. Raise Snowhound Dragon to level 13. (Skip: 150 gold) (Prize:1 Greatblade)
3. Craft and decorate with another Dormant Eggs. (Skip: 25 gold) (Prize:150 Birthday Crowns)
4. Breed Snowhound Dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 25 gold) (Prize:1 Greatblade)
5. Start crafting your Nightfire Dragon. (Skip: 9 gold)
Prize: 12 Island Parts
Chapter 8 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 35 gold

1. Raise Nightfire Dragon to level 5. (Skip: 50 gold)
2. Breed Snowhound Dragon with a Gildclaw Dragon. (Skip: 50 gold)
3. Win 1 Battle Arena Match with your Nightfire Dragon. (Skip: 25 gold)
4. Raise your Gildclaw Dragon to level 6. (Skip: 12 gold)(Prize:360 Birthday Crowns)
5. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches in the Battle Arena. (Skip: 50 gold)
Prize: 4 Cracked Shells Permafrost Monument
Chapter 9 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 45 gold

1. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches with your Nightfire Dragon. (Skip: 50 gold)
2. Raise Nightfire Dragon to Level 8. (Skip: 30 gold)
3. Complete the Take a Vow Quest. (Skip: 24 gold)
4. Craft a Dracoin. (Skip: 40 gold)(Prize:600 Birthday Crowns)
5. Raise Snowhound Dragon to level 14. (Skip: 180 gold)
Prize: 60 Raw Marbles
Chapter 10 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 50 gold

1. Receive 5 Obsidian Arrowheads from Neighbors. (Skip: 35 gold)
2. Harvest 6 Firapples. (Skip: 12gold)
3. Raise Nightfire Dragon to level 12. (Skip: 225 gold)
4. Craft and decorate with a Bladethrone. (Skip: 75 gold)
5. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches in the Battle Arena. (Skip: 100 gold)
Prize: 1,000 Birthday Crowns
Grand Prize: 1 Rainbow King Dragon

Total Crafting Parts Needed

Cracked Shells (from "Take a Vow" quests) - 10
Pot of Golds (from "To the Arena" quests) - 9

Questing Times

Take a Vow - 2.5 hours
To the Arena - 3 hours

Total Food Needed

Gildclaw Dragon (to level 6) - 415 https://i.ibb.co/7Vp9BwY/Food30px.png
Snowhound Dragon (to level 14) - 174,320 https://i.ibb.co/7Vp9BwY/Food30px.png
Nightfire Dragon (to level 12) - 110,460 https://i.ibb.co/7Vp9BwY/Food30px.png
Total Needed for Event - 285,195 https://i.ibb.co/7Vp9BwY/Food30px.png

Dragons in this Tales Event

https://i.ibb.co/HVC8C95/Gildclaw-Epic.png

Gildclaw Dragon
Rarity: Common
Type: Royal, Yellow
Incubation: 4 hours

https://i.ibb.co/dB5z03X/Snowhound-Epic.png

Snowhound Dragon
Rarity: Rare
Type: Royal, Black
Incubation: 8 hours

https://i.ibb.co/LQMsRJ4/Nightfire-Epic.png

Nightfire Dragon
Rarity: Super Rare
Type Royal, Purple
Incubation: 6 hours

https://i.ibb.co/rKPZv0x/Rainbow-King-Epic.png

Rainbow King Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type Rainbow, Royal, Diamond
Incubation: 22 hours

(This is my first time posting the Chapters for a Dragon Tales event. Please let me know of any errors or omissions.)

chemgirl77
04-24-19, 05:46 AM
Thanks Deadpixel!
I went on a quest before I noted how long the quests are and what parts they return so that I can figure out the total number needed for all the craftings. And I'm crafting my dragon so I can't see how many are needed for those. Do you have any of that information too?

deadpixel
04-24-19, 08:38 AM
Thanks Deadpixel!
I went on a quest before I noted how long the quests are and what parts they return so that I can figure out the total number needed for all the craftings. And I'm crafting my dragon so I can't see how many are needed for those. Do you have any of that information too?

I've updated the post to include the details you need :)

amerirish
04-24-19, 08:45 AM
Great job deadpixel :D

deadpixel
04-24-19, 08:48 AM
Great job deadpixel :D

Thank you :tickled_pink:

lynniefish
04-24-19, 08:56 AM
I've updated the post to include the details you need :)

Hi, deadpixel, thanks for the roadmap to success, very much appreciated! Makes it so easy to plan ahead and prepare for tasks.

A question about your Quest items count...I had already made a list of parts, and came up with 10 cracked shells as well (though 4 of them will be awarded at chapter 8, so only 6 Take a Vow quests are needed). But I count 12 To the Arena quests needed...one for the permafrost monument, 6 for the dormant eggs (we need to craft two, right? Chapter 7 says "another dormant eggs"), 4 to craft two Dracoins, and one additional for the bladethrone. But maybe I'm confused or missing something...I'd certainly rather do 9 quests than 12!

Also, Ch. 6, act 2 says hatch a Gildclaw...if we already have one, does it count to complete the act?

MajicHearts
04-24-19, 09:14 AM
I might have overlooked this but, does this event still auto-start? Thanks!

deadpixel
04-24-19, 09:21 AM
Hi, deadpixel, thanks for the roadmap to success, very much appreciated! Makes it so easy to plan ahead and prepare for tasks.

A question about your Quest items count...I had already made a list of parts, and came up with 10 cracked shells as well (though 4 of them will be awarded at chapter 8, so only 6 Take a Vow quests are needed). But I count 12 To the Arena quests needed...one for the permafrost monument, 6 for the dormant eggs (we need to craft two, right? Chapter 7 says "another dormant eggs"), 4 to craft two Dracoins, and one additional for the bladethrone. But maybe I'm confused or missing something.

Also, Ch. 6, act 2 says hatch a Gildclaw...if we already have one, does it count to complete the act?

Heh! :)   This is the part that gets confusing.

Notice that in both Chapters 4 and 6, there are remarks in bold that say, "do not collect until Act ... of Chapter ..."? What this means is that you do not collect the crafted items until the next chapter at the specified act when asked to do so. This will save you the effort and materials of needing to craft a second set. :D

Concerning the hatching of the Gildclaw in Chapter 6, the game has always autocompleted that particular act if a player had hatched the required dragon at an earlier time. That being said, we don't know if S8 will ever change that requirement because the words used could also mean to hold on to the hatching until we are instructed to do so. As for me, I have enough nests so I usually leave it on one until the instruction to hatch it comes around.

PuntaMita
04-24-19, 09:44 AM
I might have overlooked this but, does this event still auto-start? Thanks!
Yes, it will start by itself. I'm holding on until it does, and even then I won't be ready. Best of luck!

Mostreal
04-24-19, 10:15 AM

Notice that in both Chapters 4 and 6, there are remarks in bold that say, "do not collect until Act ... of Chapter ..."? What this means is that you do not collect the crafted items until the next chapter at the specified act when asked to do so. This will save you the effort and materials of needing to craft a second set. :D

Concerning the hatching of the Gildclaw in Chapter 6, the game has always autocompleted that particular act if a player had hatched the required dragon at an earlier time. That being said, we don't know if S8 will ever change that requirement because the words used could also mean to hold on to the hatching until we are instructed to do so. As for me, I have enough nests so I usually leave it on one until the instruction to hatch it comes around.

While it is true Storm8 could change that, I don't think they will because of the potential backlash - imagine having only one nest and needing to breed for bombs/items and having to hold a common dragon for potentially up to 6 days?

The other autocompletes are evolving. My first dragon is evolved to level 10 by the end of day 3 and usually to level 15 by the end of day 6. Likewise, I evolve my second dragon up to 10 ASAP and then work on getting him to 12. It makes everything a bit easier when you can evolve at your convenience. I evolve and feed the common dragon to level 6 before breeding him in Chapter 8 so it doesn't matter how long he ends up in the breeding den for.

lynniefish
04-24-19, 11:03 AM

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help and advice!

MajicHearts
04-24-19, 12:21 PM
Yes, it will start by itself. I'm holding on until it does, and even then I won't be ready. Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm going to wait also. Good luck to you!

mymonta
04-24-19, 03:43 PM
Thank you so much for your time and effort, deadpixel!

lnztrekfan
04-24-19, 05:09 PM
Level 44

Chapter 1
Act 1 Plant 4 Fireapples (Skip 12)
Act 2 Harvest 4 Fireapples (Skip 50)
Act 3 Feed any dragon 5 times (Skip 10)
Reward 150 birthday crowns
Act 4 Plant any 3 crops (Skip 12)
Reward 1 Training sword
5 Gold to unlock next chapter early

PuntaMita
04-24-19, 07:34 PM
Thank you so much for your time and effort, deadpixel!
Big thanks from me too!!
This helpful info makes all the difference in completing Tales.
I look back and laugh at myself scrambling before I found the forum.
The first few Tales events back then made you keep your common bred dragon on the nest until it was asked for. So relieved we are able to hatch ahead of time.
Cheers to Deadpixel!!

pocopicasso
04-24-19, 11:13 PM
THANK YOU deadpixel, it's such a huge help to so many players. I really appreciate your efforts ~

shawty4life
04-25-19, 06:50 AM
I am unable to craft my dragon, it keeps saying I only have one sword. Did anyone else have this problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

lnztrekfan
04-25-19, 07:18 AM
I am unable to craft my dragon, it keeps saying I only have one sword. Did anyone else have this problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

Did you skip any steps with gold? Because sometimes it doesn?t reward if you do. I would uninstall game and reinstall to see if that works. Then if it doesn?t contact help support.

deadpixel
04-25-19, 08:06 AM

Did you check to confirm that you completed Chapter 2 on your device and that the countdown for Chapter 3 has be***? The game still has a habit of inexplicable resets and may have reset itself to the last Act of Chapter 2. If it is completed, then try force-closing your game and restarting it. This action will sometimes resolve issues like the one you described.

However, if it does not, your best bet would be to quickly submit a ticket to S8's Support, telling them that you have completed Chapter 2 but that you did not receive the second Training Sword; ask them to correct the error in your game. Go to https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us and click on the "Submit a Request" link located in the top-righthand corner of the page; fill in all the fields. Do this as soon as possible because they may take a few days to answer and resolve this, and the weekend happens to be just a day away.

the1goodcook
04-25-19, 03:11 PM
Bless you deadpixel ...I love the Total Crafting Parts Needed ..that is mostly Imho what everybody is trying to calculate ...Unless a person flips thru Spell Shop quest log etc. tends to throw mud in the mix I had game for awhile however was conservative player 475 m level 144
Have a Major question ...How to spend a half billion in coins ????

deadpixel
04-25-19, 10:25 PM
<Snip...> Have a Major question ...How to spend a half billion in coins ????

LOL!  I make it a point never to let my coins accumulate beyond the $150M mark :D

But seriously, except for producing food, when used in conjunction with Farm Boosts, the coins won't get you other useful things. If you want only to get rid of them, and if you have not reached your limit on Treasure Terraces, then buy and sell as many of them as you need. At $8M a pop, your coin levels should drop pretty quickly. However, if you can no longer buy Treasure Terraces, buy Temples of Olympus instead; those go for $3M each.

If you have space and want to spruce up your island, go wild and spend on decorative items. Small ones, like the Cosmic and Stone Banners, cost a pretty $2M coins each and only take up a 1x1 space.

sharyl32
04-27-19, 07:05 PM

A question about your Quest items count...I had already made a list of parts, and came up with 10 cracked shells as well (though 4 of them will be awarded at chapter 8, so only 6 Take a Vow quests are needed). But I count 12 To the Arena quests needed...one for the permafrost monument, 6 for the dormant eggs (we need to craft two, right? Chapter 7 says "another dormant eggs"), 4 to craft two Dracoins, and one additional for the bladethrone. But maybe I'm confused or missing something...I'd certainly rather do 9 quests than 12!

It says up top that instead of the cracked eggs we will be getting a Permafrost Monument. So do we still need the cracked eggs? Anyone?

skyharbor602
04-27-19, 08:58 PM
It says up top that instead of the cracked eggs we will be getting a Permafrost Monument. So do we still need the cracked eggs? Anyone?

Yes

deadpixel
04-27-19, 09:46 PM

I’m sorry about that :(

I hadn’t noticed the mistake until almost a day after lynniefish made the post. I corrected the prize listed and left the mistake in place, but cancelled out, so players will notice it when revisiting the Chapters.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused the community:blue:

deadpixel
04-28-19, 12:03 PM
Chapter 7 - Act 4 (Breed Snowhound Dragon with another dragon)

Short of skipping this act, there is NO WAY you are going to avoid the possibility of breeding a 25-hour Penumbra (Blue & Purple) Dragon, because Royal may split into Purple and Yellow, while Black may split into Purple and Blue.

You may, however, reduce your chances of getting the Penumbra by breeding the Snowhound Dragon with pure Yellow or Green so that if Black does not split, then Penumbra will be left entirely out of the reckoning. Avoid Red, White, and Pink, or any elements that might split into White or Red, as these will bring in the Titan (32-hours) and the Moon (31-hours) into the possible outcomes.

If you are feeling incredibly lucky, you might wish to try breeding with a pure Diamond or Diamond hybrid for a chance at the Mercury Dragon, which has a breeding time of 1 hour :) Of course the other Diamond hybrids have breeding times that range for 24 to 44 hours.

saghaven
04-28-19, 10:33 PM
Interesting. I accidentally hatched my Gildclaw dragon too early (in step 4). I went ahead and raised it to level 6 and luckily bred a second one right away for step 6. However that egg was still sitting on the nest when I got to where I had to hatch it and it recognized my already hatched dragon. I always thought you couldn’t hatch until the step it was required but apparently you can?

saghaven
04-28-19, 10:35 PM
Chapter 7 - Act 4 (Breed Snowhound Dragon with another dragon)

Short of skipping this act, there is NO WAY you are going to avoid the possibility of breeding a 25-hour Penumbra (Blue & Purple) Dragon, because Royal may split into Purple and Yellow, while Black may split into Purple and Blue.

You may, however, reduce your chances of getting the Penumbra by breeding the Snowhound Dragon with pure Yellow or Green so that if Black does not split, then Penumbra will be left entirely out of the reckoning. Avoid Red, White, and Pink, or any elements that might split into White or Red, as these will bring in the Titan (32-hours) and the Moon (31-hours) into the possible outcomes.

If you are feeling incredibly lucky, you might wish to try breeding with a pure Diamond or Diamond hybrid for a chance at the Mercury Dragon, which has a breeding time of 1 hour :) Of course the other Diamond hybrids have breeding times that range for 24 to 44 hours.

Thanks for the head’s up. Green wouldn’t be a good idea either as you’re opening yourself up to a 21 hour Poison.

deadpixel
04-29-19, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the head’s up. Green wouldn’t be a good idea either as you’re opening yourself up to a 21 hour Poison.

Yep, but breeding with Yellow has the possibility of Leo (21-hours too) popping up too, so we're stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea :D

I just now got an 8-hour timer, using Yellow, which means that I've either gotten a Genie or a Godmother dragon :p

Good luck to everyone trying to avoid getting your Snowhound Dragon stuck in breeding :)

deadpixel
04-29-19, 12:56 AM
Interesting. I accidentally hatched my Gildclaw dragon too early (in step 4). I went ahead and raised it to level 6 and luckily bred a second one right away for step 6. However that egg was still sitting on the nest when I got to where I had to hatch it and it recognized my already hatched dragon. I always thought you couldn’t hatch until the step it was required but apparently you can?

Yes, you can :)

The way S8 phrased the task for the Act, could mean you either had to wait for the instruction to hatch the dragon before hatching it or that you just had to do it, with the time when it is done being unimportant. But it seems that to date, they have stuck to the second interpretation, so we have been able to hatch the dragon before the act comes on. :)

As for me? I've got extra nests, so I don't mind leaving the egg there till the game calls for it; you never know :cool:

saghaven
04-29-19, 05:34 AM
Woot! Used Neo Air with Snowhound and got a 4 hour timer. :)

I have extra nests too and had always kept the egg on the nest until the requirement came. Good to know I don’t have to though.

cosmolife
04-29-19, 07:48 AM
I have to say deadpixel... thank you so very much for such a marvelous job of putting all the needed info in one thread. Very easy to see everything I want in one spot. This is by far THE best thread I?ve seen for Tales event. Thank you! :tickled_pink:

Deadpixel for president! :love_heart:

sharyl32
04-29-19, 10:18 AM
Yes

thank you for answering my post. I just logged back in and saw it. have a wonderful day.

skyharbor602
04-29-19, 01:30 PM
For those who will say Nightfire will not be able to fight its way out of a paper bag, you have to give it a proper match up. If you fight this dragon against a level 14 Valiant of course it'll lose. If you see a dragon in the Arena you know Nightfire will lose against then be patient and choose another dragon.

Here are the dragon types Royal has an advantage over:
Green, Purple, Black, Stone, Fairytale, Egypt

Here are dragon types Royal are weak against (This would mean, DO NOT USE Nightfire, and choose another dragon):
White, Pink, Gold, Gemstone, Champion

skyharbor602
04-29-19, 01:49 PM
I have to say deadpixel... thank you so very much for such a marvelous job of putting all the needed info in one thread. Very easy to see everything I want in one spot. This is by far THE best thread I?ve seen for Tales event. Thank you! :tickled_pink:

Deadpixel for president! :love_heart:

Agreed. I'm glad deadpixel was able to take the time out and completely drop knowledge on what's needed to complete this Dragon Tales, even the ones that are not listed but should be. Deadpixel gave all of us the recipe for success. Now it's in our hands to use this. Thank you again deadpixel!

With this, wouldn't it be cool for the forum to have specialists start up threads for events? Like have have deadpixel take care of Leaderboards, World Events and Dragon Tales, Kooky Panda take care of special/limited time dragons and I take care of tournaments and back up both deadpixel and Kooky Panda.

deadpixel
04-30-19, 01:09 AM
Chapter 8 Act 3 - Win 1 Battle Arena Match with your Nightfire Dragon

I got a little behind and only had my Nightfire Dragon evolved to level-6, and wouldn't you know it her battle opponent was a level-12 Warrior Princess (Type: Champion) :(

But, surprise, surprise, the level-6 Nightfire took out the Warrior Princess with 2xB attacks (first hit was a Critical) :D

Hopefully, she does as well in the two battles tomorrow, after I've gotten her up to level-12 that is.

crzylktht
04-30-19, 07:46 AM
I don?t have the option to craft a snowbound dragon!! Help pls!!

crzylktht
04-30-19, 07:46 AM
Snowhound not bound

shortdanzr
04-30-19, 08:11 AM
i still haven't bred a gildclaw

jamonwsa
04-30-19, 08:38 AM

same here.
more than 350!!h (speed up with 700 gems and all boosts) an no gildclaw.
this is ridiclous .

mymonta
04-30-19, 02:30 PM

My middle account hasn't bred one, either, and I'm not going to buy it. If I don't finish on that account, oh well. Rainbow King is awesome, but I was looking forward to getting a Neo Supreme to disenchant, and now that isn't a possibility.

PuntaMita
05-01-19, 01:48 AM
Chapter 8 Act 3 - Win 1 Battle Arena Match with your Nightfire Dragon

I got a little behind and only had my Nightfire Dragon evolved to level-6, and wouldn't you know it her battle opponent was a level-12 Warrior Princess (Type: Champion) :(

But, surprise, surprise, the level-6 Nightfire took out the Warrior Princess with 2xB attacks (first hit was a Critical) :D

Hopefully, she does as well in the two battles tomorrow, after I've gotten her up to level-12 that is.

That is truly amazing!!! Congratulations, that move gets you through the rest of the chapter and time to level up. No guts, no glory!
I'll waiting to level up to at least 12 and battling until I find a good match. On deck is Iris- Olympic/Rainbow. That's one for another dragon😊

PuntaMita
05-01-19, 01:59 AM
I don?t have the option to craft a snowbound dragon!! Help pls!!

Hi, you may need Storm8 assistance if you don't have Snowhound showing in your Spell Shop.
Try a game reboot, then at the top menu in the Spell shop select "Dragons" and see what is listed. If Snowhound isn't there, take a screen shot and open a ticket with support as soon as possible.
Someone else on the forum may have the answer for you.

deadpixel
05-01-19, 04:29 AM
That is truly amazing!!! Congratulations, that move gets you through the rest of the chapter and time to level up. No guts, no glory!
I'll waiting to level up to at least 12 and battling until I find a good match. On deck is Iris- Olympic/Rainbow. That's one for another dragon��

Thank you :)

For Chapter 9 Act 1, the Nightfire took two battles to put down a level-14 Hercules Dragon but blew away a level-14 Smoke Dragon with 2xB attack :D

kickit689
05-01-19, 05:48 AM
So I got my nightfire dragon have him up to level eight but I can?t win any battles with him! 4 tries and still no wins. Any pointers?
Ti@

cosmolife
05-01-19, 06:04 AM
So I got my nightfire dragon have him up to level eight but I can?t win any battles with him! 4 tries and still no wins. Any pointers?
Ti@

I don’t battle mine until I’ve got him to level 12. He’s required by chapter 10 to be 12 anyways. So might as well feed him up now and give him better chance to win

deadpixel
05-01-19, 06:56 AM
Ti@

You have to match her up against a suitable opponent. Visit the Tournament thread and refer to the chart. In the meantime, use other dragons to defeat the ones that aren’t good for your Nightfire until a match appears :)

desraymlp
05-01-19, 08:19 AM
So I'm struggling with this Tales. Haven't been able to breed Gildclaw. Had put Gold and Fire and got a 41 hour Ridgeback. Cool, cool, didn't have that dragon but that put me behind. Finally spent 10 gold to clear that off the nest so that I could breed with Snowhound. Bred it with Ashfeather (couldn't remember if I just needed red or yellow) and got... a 44 hour Diamond. Seriously!?!? Ugh. Luckily I have a reserve of gold so have had to skip a few steps using gold since I'm gotten this far already but man, I'm not happy. Currently evolving my Nightfire so I can use her for her first battle.

lynniefish
05-01-19, 09:53 AM
Chapter 10 (5 Acts)
Unlock chapter early: 50 gold

1. Receive 5 Obsidian Arrowheads from Neighbors. (Skip: 35 gold)
2. Harvest 6 Firapples. (Skip: 12gold)
3. Raise Nightfire Dragon to level 12. (Skip: 225 gold)
4. Craft and decorate with a Bladethrone. (Skip: 75 gold)
5. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches in the Battle Arena. (Skip: 100 gold)
Prize: 1,000 Birthday Crowns
Grand Prize: 1 Rainbow King Dragon

Hi, deadpixel, thank you again for sharing your wisdom and experience with us all. I'm already nervous about the timing of tomorrow's chapter (mainly about having to win 4 battles, because my luck always abandons me when I NEED to win...unless by chance a tournament starts tomorrow? That would be amazing!). So in the interest of conserving time, in Act 4, "craft and decorate with a Bladethrone," can we begin crafting before we're prompted to do so? Or should we just wait until the act begins? Good luck, everybody!!

deadpixel
05-01-19, 10:10 AM
<Snip...> So in the interest of conserving time, in Act 4, "craft and decorate with a Bladethrone," can we begin crafting before we're prompted to do so? Or should we just wait until the act begins? Good luck, everybody!!

Yes, you can. I've already started crafting mine, and it has about an hour left before completion. Just don't collect it until you are told to do so :)

lynniefish
05-01-19, 10:40 AM
Yes, you can. I've already started crafting mine, and it has about an hour left before completion. Just don't collect it until you are told to do so :)

Thank you kindly! I'll get mine started, too! (I've placed my Spell Shop away from everything else "clickable" so I don't collect anything by mistake. :))

PuntaMita
05-01-19, 03:00 PM
Gonna be like this, battle through dragons that for sure Nightfire will not win. Up comes a L-12 Night, so I figure L-13 Nightfire can pull this off. No, loses and in the spa for 2 hours. I may have her try again & hold on to Night because possible opponents have been few & far between, and I know she can and should be able to win! Geez...
Out of the spa, fed to L14 and won against Night. Two more regular battles to finish Ch8. Hoping Ch9 battles with her are manageable.
Good luck to those finishing Tales!

mymonta
05-01-19, 03:07 PM
Honestly, I just use gold to get through any battles that Nightfire (or whichever dragon is the one for a particular Dragon Tales) needs to get through. This time each battle is only 12 gold to use an Ultimate Attack. Isn't it usually during a tournament and costs 30 gold per round? Anyway, Nightfire beat one opponent but not the next, so I was only out 12 gold.

PuntaMita
05-01-19, 05:21 PM
Honestly, I just use gold to get through any battles that Nightfire (or whichever dragon is the one for a particular Dragon Tales) needs to get through. This time each battle is only 12 gold to use an Ultimate Attack. Isn't it usually during a tournament and costs 30 gold per round? Anyway, Nightfire beat one opponent but not the next, so I was only out 12 gold.
You're absolutely right, it's pretty much 2 for 1 without being tournament price.
I've had really tough dragons that Nightfire has little to no chance of beating so if that keeps up I'll probably resort to spending gold. They get you one way or the other-lol.

deadpixel
05-02-19, 03:12 AM
Wahahahahahaha!

I cannot believe my luck!!

Chaper 10 Act 5 - Win 4 Battle Arena Matches in the Battle Arena.

Here were my opponents:

- ****erwhale (Super Rare) - Level-12
- Spellspine (Common) - Level-10
- Love (Common) - Level-10
- Mist (Common) - Level-10

And the Videos actually worked too :D

If only I was this lucky when it came to buying the lottery :blue:

https://i.ibb.co/nmVrYWL/3-AF37400-3586-412-A-BF5-B-292644-CDFC2-C.jpg

:cool:

Good luck to all in your upcoming battles :)

PuntaMita
05-02-19, 09:38 AM
Wahahahahahaha!

I cannot believe my luck!!

Chaper 10 Act 5 - Win 4 Battle Arena Matches in the Battle Arena.
Congratulations
Here were my opponents:

- ****erwhale (Super Rare) - Level-12
- Spellspine (Common) - Level-10
- Love (Common) - Level-10
- Mist (Common) - Level-10

And the Videos actually worked too :D

If only I was this lucky when it came to buying the lottery :blue:

https://i.ibb.co/nmVrYWL/3-AF37400-3586-412-A-BF5-B-292644-CDFC2-C.jpg

:cool:

Good luck to all in your upcoming battles :)

Congratulations!!
Smooth, big finish to Tales!!
Thanks again for this very helpful, informative post.
I still have Ch-10 to go from late auto start breeding common. And, once again I'm miserably low on food...lol.

Passera
05-02-19, 10:53 AM
Ugh! Went to battle arena there was a Gold type dragon left to check forums to see which dragons would beat it found out not to use Nightfire went back choosing champion type to battle not noticing that the dragon in the arena changed to Lotus and I could have used Nightfire!!!
Next dragon to battle is Pegasus, so I leave check forums hoping dragon will change again, no such luck it’s still Pegasus(eye roll)

PuntaMita
05-02-19, 05:23 PM
Ugh! Went to battle arena there was a Gold type dragon left to check forums to see which dragons would beat it found out not to use Nightfire went back choosing champion type to battle not noticing that the dragon in the arena changed to Lotus and I could have used Nightfire!!!
Next dragon to battle is Pegasus, so I leave check forums hoping dragon will change again, no such luck it’s still Pegasus(eye roll)
No fair!! Same horrible feeling when a roll back un-does a battle win for a tough opponent.
Hope you finished off Pegasus & got a good one for Nightfire to beat.
Good luck😊

TamandraDrake
05-02-19, 09:40 PM
Starting chapter 10 tomorrow. Need one more quest to start crafting the final decor and then win 4 battles. Hope for no hiccups.

shortdanzr
05-03-19, 05:32 PM

i used my nightfire against a gold type. and won.

karaelolz
05-03-19, 06:36 PM
Birthday crowns rewarded from breeding a dragon required for Act 6 chapter 5 have been retired making the Dragon Tales impossible to finish if you haven't done this before the monthly spell shop dragons changed. Uhh... going to have to spend some serious gold to move on

lnztrekfan
05-03-19, 09:38 PM
So I finished the tales event and thankfully screenshot that I won the rainbow king but he is not in my storage. I need to hatch him so I can get the neo supreme. What should I do?

mymonta
05-03-19, 10:03 PM
So I finished the tales event and thankfully screenshot that I won the rainbow king but he is not in my storage. I need to hatch him so I can get the neo supreme. What should I do?

Close out of your game and then go back in and see if he is there. If he isn't, contact Support.

lnztrekfan
05-04-19, 07:28 AM
I closed out game and went back in. I also uninstalled and reinstalled game but that didn’t work either. I just emailed support but not sure that I’ll hear anything before the goal expires and won’t be able to win the gilded sword and then get the Neo Supreme Dragon.

shortdanzr
05-04-19, 05:31 PM
if you have screen shot that you won it. and its not in your storage, then they should award you not only the rainbow king but the neo supreme. its not like the crafting time for the neo supreme is super high. they can just put it in your account.

kooky panda
05-08-19, 11:01 AM
New poll added !! Please vote!

amerirish
05-08-19, 11:45 AM
Please for the love of Dragon Mother stop giving Maps & Island Parts as prizes :mad:

lnztrekfan
05-08-19, 02:10 PM
So they credited finally today me with the rainbow king but did not give me the Neo Supreme dragon.

mymonta
05-08-19, 02:48 PM
So they credited finally today me with the rainbow king but did not give me the Neo Supreme dragon.

Contact support.

mymonta
05-08-19, 02:58 PM
Please for the love of Dragon Mother stop giving Maps & Island Parts as prizes :mad:

It's too bad that they can't give prizes based on level or something. I know that there is no way that they could code (actually, they probably could, but never would) it according to whether or not you still have expansions remaining with island parts and/or mystic maps.

However, to take those away entirely would not be fair to lower level and/or new players as they come on. I have 3 accounts. My level 175 account, amazingly, still has a few expansions left with Mystic Maps, but that is mainly because I have been waiting for the stupid Bingo cards to give me tasks about expanding with maps instead of just expanding every time I have accumulated enough maps. My level 154 account still has quite a lot of map expansions, actually, and I just started a baby account. So I need maps on 3 accounts and will need island parts on my baby account starting in a couple months.

What would you suggest as prizes? Just marble keys?

skyharbor602
05-09-19, 10:14 AM
I wish Dragon Tales would just be totally overhauled. Stop copying and pasting previous Tales and stop requiring us to craft something useless that we get as a chapter prize later. Marble Keys should be available in all events, including this one. Maps and Island parts should be available on Dragon Tales still but change the prizes to Marble Keys and Essence for anyone above level 120.

kooky panda
05-23-19, 10:34 AM
Thanks for votes !