PDA

View Full Version : New phone back to level 1

Johnnyramdotcom1
04-13-19, 03:12 PM
Just got a new phone (so new installation of Cupcake Mania) and having trouble restoring my progress to level 1257.
Huawei, Android. Old phone is Huawei too.
What/how does it pickup the level number on new phone? I've tried logging in with Google account active, tried logging in with Facebook account active, nothing seems to work, yet I can do a fresh install on my old phone and it picks up the level I'm on. Is there a config file I need to copy across to the new phone? If so where is it and what is it called?
Otherwise, please help as it is a long slog up to level 1257. Thx guys.

kooky panda
04-15-19, 11:32 AM
Please see the login thread for information on how to transfer your games to another device.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!&p=759602&viewfull=1#post759602

Johnnyramdotcom1
04-21-19, 11:39 AM
Thank you - I have now retrieved the level from my old phone. For anyone else who is interested, I created a Storm8 Id on my previous phone, then installed Bakery Story and Cupcake Mania on my new phone. Bakery Story contains a login screen and when I had logged in, my configuration details brought in the config details from the old phone.
Or something like that. I think. Thanks anyway, I'm sorted for now.
I have another issue with legacy items from the previous game carrying through but I will post that issue separately when I have documented screenshots etc. Thanks.

kooky panda
04-22-19, 11:52 AM
Thanks for reporting back and the additional information for others. :)