PDA

View Full Version : Dragon: Spring Sale!! April 11 2019

kooky panda
04-11-19, 09:53 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51147&d=1554940196 (https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51147&d=1554940196)

heyyou0123
04-11-19, 11:47 AM
Oh yea Please add Diamond Habitat on sale please. Years ago it was sale during holiday but been waiting for awhile still don?t see it sale. . Boosted temple breed many diamond but hide in storage.

lmmortaI1
04-11-19, 12:20 PM
We really need more land 1st. I second the diamond habitat on sale but also please make it upgradable to hold 5 dragons. There are so many diamonds now and no room as it is for placing more habitats so making diamond and all remaining 4 dragon habitats upgradable to 5 would be nice. From the looks of the picture if you want those 3 dragons we will need another few habitats for those, plus the new quads and a sale? Where are we supposed to place anything?

AwesomeChefDad
04-11-19, 12:38 PM
So is this today or is it tomorrow?

mymonta
04-11-19, 12:49 PM
So is this today or is it tomorrow?

Sales always start o Fridays and Tuesdays.

mymonta
04-11-19, 12:50 PM
It looks to me like one will possibly give marble *keys,* not raw marble.

Troyan7
04-11-19, 03:16 PM
Are these new or old dragons?

Could be thousands of gold!

mylord7
04-11-19, 03:31 PM
Are these new or old dragons?

Could be thousands of gold!
These are new Dragons!

Kooky, please, inform us. The first Dragon is a Marble Key one, that all of us the devoted (LV. 200) players are waiting for, since a long time ago, or not?

Mostreal
04-11-19, 04:33 PM
Hopefully this comes with a gold sale....I haven't had a gold sale for a while so I haven't bought any.

orson32
04-12-19, 10:41 AM
Ok..its the time and the date..where is the sale? Didn't get anything except a pop up for ' skipping' and something else and said ' coming soon'

Fyym
04-12-19, 11:11 AM
Ok..its the time and the date..where is the sale? Didn't get anything except a pop up for ' skipping' and something else and said ' coming soon'

Your game must be broken. I have sales on alot of dragons. I've got a white witch that absolutely nobody asked for or wants. And..... uh.....um........did I mention white witch? BEST SPRING SALE EVER!!!!

Fyym
04-12-19, 11:16 AM
Seriously, I think they just screwed something up. I'm sure they're working on this and the March habitats as we speak. Any minute now.......

mymonta
04-12-19, 11:23 AM
It did say "Coming Soon," not "Coming this Week." Maybe the sale starts Tuesday when the new event also starts.

orson32
04-12-19, 12:01 PM
It did say "Coming Soon," not "Coming this Week." Maybe the sale starts Tuesday when the new event also starts.

Check out the heading of these posts..Dragon:Spring Sale: April 11, 2019.... Which was yesterday..or was this just a ' heads up' for next week..

mymonta
04-12-19, 01:05 PM
Check out the heading of these posts..Dragon:Spring Sale: April 11, 2019.... Which was yesterday..or was this just a ' heads up' for next week..

1. No need to be sarcastic.
2. I didn't read the heading other than "spring sale."
3. Kooky, who started the thread, is not infallible. She may have posted the wrong date. Kooky is also not S8 staff. She may have been misinformed by actual staff.
4. In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter when the sale starts? Are you unable to wait a few more days to fork over your money to S8? Is there some dragon that y'all need so bad that you can't wait 3 more days for?
5. I just got another pop-up about the "super spring sale coming soon" that is going to have reduced times for crafting marble keys. To me this indicates that the spring sale is still in the future, as denoted by "coming soon."

deadpixel
04-12-19, 01:06 PM
Oh yea Please add Diamond Habitat on sale please. Years ago it was sale during holiday but been waiting for awhile still don?t see it sale. . Boosted temple breed many diamond but hide in storage.

Diamond habitat? Are you referring to the Shimmering Shrine? The one that costs 500 gold, occupies 4x4 spaces, holds four diamond type dragons and 80,000 coins? Why on earth would you need that? :confused:

Diamond Fields, the one that costs 100,000 coins, occupies 2x2 spaces, holds one diamond type dragon and 20,000 coins is just as good and doesn't cost you anything in gold. If you buy four of them, they will take up the same amount of 4x4 space as the Shimmering Shrine, hold four dragons in total, same as the Shimmering Shrine, and will, in total, hold 80,000 coins, same as the Shimmering Shrine.

So why would you want to spend 500 gold for a big habitat, when you can get four small ones that can do the same thing, for coins? :confused:

orson32
04-12-19, 02:03 PM
1. No need to be sarcastic.
2. I didn't read the heading other than "spring sale."
3. Kooky, who started the thread, is not infallible. She may have posted the wrong date. Kooky is also not S8 staff. She may have been misinformed by actual staff.
4. In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter when the sale starts? Are you unable to wait a few more days to fork over your money to S8? Is there some dragon that y'all need so bad that you can't wait 3 more days for?
5. I just got another pop-up about the "super spring sale coming soon" that is going to have reduced times for crafting marble keys. To me this indicates that the spring sale is still in the future, as denoted by "coming soon."
What is your issue? i was not 1) being sarcastic. 2) don't really care that you didn't read the heading 3) Know Kooky does a great job on here..not blaming her for anything..4) can wait for the sale..lol..just was disappointed not to get something today and 5) I got that pop up too

cosmolife
04-12-19, 02:08 PM
So why would you want to spend 500 gold for a big habitat, when you can get four small ones that can do the same thing, for coins? :confused:

Perhaps the person has maxed out his habitat limit? I’m only at half the allowed number 50/117 so I don’t feel pressed to squeeze my dragons but if ever the day comes when I’m at my max hab limit.. then having 1 habitat holding 4 dragons would make better sense than having 4 little habitats holding only 1 dragon each :)

cosmolife
04-12-19, 02:15 PM
I’m excited for the coming sale! Not sure what items will be on sale, but excited!

I think dragon story should have sales more regularly. Makes people excited and more likely to spend. I play another dragon collecting game where they have sales like almost everyday. Every day there’s something exciting going on! I spend at least $10-50 maybe every other week because I can’t help it ;)

But here, it’s dead boring with no sales to make me check my game and spend my $$

Please Stormie. More sales. We like stuff on discounts :love_heart:

PuntaMita
04-12-19, 02:26 PM
I'm looking forward to the sale as well. Trying to keep a nest at the ready. If anyone connected can find out if it's happening next week rather than today, inquiring minds will be most grateful! Hope everyone has a great weekend. 😊

mylord7
04-12-19, 05:02 PM
I'm looking forward to the sale as well. Trying to keep a nest at the ready. If anyone connected can find out if it's happening next week rather than today, inquiring minds will be most grateful! Hope everyone has a great weekend. 
In my opinion and by my experience so far, don't expect it happening today or on Tuesday. I estimate it will happen in 10 days from now, on Tuesday, April 23th and it will last for 1 week, as usual!
The sales, obviously, has to do with the 7th Birthday of S8, which is during the last 10 days of the month April.
Last year (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104168-Six-ways-to-celebrate-Six-years-(ends-May-1-2018)) the sales started on Tuesday, April 24th and ended on May 1st.
Two years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98421-Dragon-Story-5th-Birthday!) the sales started on Friday, April 21th and ended on April 28th.
Three years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90178-Dragon-story-Big-birthday-Bash-version-March-24-2016) they introduced the LeaderBoard on March as part of the 4th Birthday celebreation and so, by being excited to make us competitors and start making money this way, they were in a hurry and they didn't follow the usual celebration pattern.
Four years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81025-DS-3rd-Anniversary-special) the sales started on Friday, April 24th.
And so goes on...
So, you have to be patient for some more days, but I hope I am wrong :)

PuntaMita
04-12-19, 05:44 PM
Thank you mylord7, that is very useful information. Guess I'll put something besides an Air dragon in the nest-lol. Gold burning a hole in my pocket for that sale!

deadpixel
04-13-19, 08:38 AM
Perhaps the person has maxed out his habitat limit? I?m only at half the allowed number 50/117 so I don?t feel pressed to squeeze my dragons but if ever the day comes when I?m at my max hab limit.. then having 1 habitat holding 4 dragons would make better sense than having 4 little habitats holding only 1 dragon each :)

You're right! I completely forgot about the issue with the maximum number of habitats.

I haven't look at my habitat limit for years, but with 74 more allowed to me, currently at 251/325, and the expansions happening at one per month, I've not exactly been in a position to worry about hitting the limit in a very long time :(

Perhaps if the upcoming Marble Keys Producing dragon is able to produce one key per day, the expansion rate may be increased to one-and-a-half per month :)

marathon2615
04-13-19, 08:31 PM
So will a GPD be on sale? The new one that is now 4000 gold maybe half price? Not much of a deal but looks like that's as good as it will get?

cosmolife
04-14-19, 04:34 PM
In my opinion and by my experience so far, don't expect it happening today or on Tuesday. I estimate it will happen in 10 days from now, on Tuesday, April 23th and it will last for 1 week, as usual!
The sales, obviously, has to do with the 7th Birthday of S8, which is during the last 10 days of the month April.
Last year (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104168-Six-ways-to-celebrate-Six-years-(ends-May-1-2018)) the sales started on Tuesday, April 24th and ended on May 1st.
Two years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98421-Dragon-Story-5th-Birthday!) the sales started on Friday, April 21th and ended on April 28th.
Three years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90178-Dragon-story-Big-birthday-Bash-version-March-24-2016) they introduced the LeaderBoard on March as part of the 4th Birthday celebreation and so, by being excited to make us competitors and start making money this way, they were in a hurry and they didn't follow the usual celebration pattern.
Four years ago (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?81025-DS-3rd-Anniversary-special) the sales started on Friday, April 24th.
And so goes on...
So, you have to be patient for some more days, but I hope I am wrong :)

Thanks so much for this very helpful info! Do you have the links or any info regarding past sales? I have no idea what to expect and how much gold, coins I should save up and have at the ready to buy stuff. I mean, like, should I clear land now and have them ready to put down habitats? I just want to know what stuff will be on sale based on past sales. Then I’ll be ready with money and cleared land etc..

mylord7
04-14-19, 06:21 PM
Thanks so much for this very helpful info! Do you have the links or any info regarding past sales? I have no idea what to expect and how much gold, coins I should save up and have at the ready to buy stuff. I mean, like, should I clear land now and have them ready to put down habitats? I just want to know what stuff will be on sale based on past sales. Then I’ll be ready with money and cleared land etc..
No one has any idea what to expect. From year to year the Birthday sales are changing. Some years ago the sales were better! For sure we will have the 3 new Dragons (including a new habitat for the Marble one) and the reduced times we have seen them advertising through the pop ups. I am also expecting a bunch of habitats and Dragons from the past, as they did in the last year. In my previous message, the underlined words are links to the topics of those specific sales and by reading those topics you will get an idea of the past similar sales!

deadpixel
04-16-19, 12:50 PM
My prediction is that the three new dragons will be released this Friday, Apr 19, so I'm stocking up on gold during the sales and cutting down on as much spending as possible till then :tickled_pink:

Whether or not the rest of the Spring Sales comes on at the same time as well is another matter :cool:

Troyan7
04-16-19, 02:01 PM
4100 gold for the three new dragons

?Sale?

*gulp*

mylord7
04-16-19, 02:37 PM
My prediction is that the three new dragons will be released this Friday, Apr 19, so I'm stocking up on gold during the sales and cutting down on as much spending as possible till then :tickled_pink:

Whether or not the rest of the Spring Sales comes on at the same time as well is another matter :cool:
Your prediction is correct! I think you have a very good instinct! :D
At least I was correct too, when I predicted that the sales will not be this Tuesday, but it seems that I may missed the right date for the rest of the April sales :cool:

deadpixel
04-16-19, 09:19 PM
Your prediction is correct! I think you have a very good instinct! :D
At least I was correct too, when I predicted that the sales will not be this Tuesday, but it seems that I may missed the right date for the rest of the April sales :cool:

I'm just itching for the sale to begin so I can offload the pile of gold I have from the sales cause I'd strangle myself if I fall for any gold-traps :mad:

[S8] Elsa
04-18-19, 05:18 PM
These are new Dragons!

Kooky, please, inform us. The first Dragon is a Marble Key one, that all of us the devoted (LV. 200) players are waiting for, since a long time ago, or not?

Yes.

Tomorrow. :)

dovanificent
04-18-19, 06:15 PM
Elsa;1574630']Yes.

Tomorrow. :)

I prefer coming soon.

By the way it should have been "Sale is coming" and "biggest discount players have ever seen"

AwesomeChefDad
04-19-19, 10:52 AM
This sale is a dud, only like 2 habitats that help consolidate (5 dragon) and a limit of ONE marble key dragon and one habitat.

A 2k gold dragon isnt thrilling, the rest are only good if you do not have the dragons which older members have. For it being the one sale a year this was a big time bust to me.

TamandraDrake
04-19-19, 11:00 AM
I was hoping to fetch a GPD as well, but at 2000k I would be able to buy only this one with nothing left to get any other dragon :(
Now I am thinking I should just skip the whole thing and keep saving it for another time.

dovanificent
04-19-19, 11:47 AM
I was hoping to fetch a GPD as well, but at 2000k I would be able to buy only this one with nothing left to get any other dragon :(
Now I am thinking I should just skip the whole thing and keep saving it for another time.

Same here. Ended up buyig the gpd dragon

Natasha_07
04-19-19, 11:52 AM
A bit disappointed we only got 1 GPD on sale. :(

lmmortaI1
04-19-19, 01:27 PM
Some of us have no space for habitats. Please make the shimmering shrines diamond habitat and the rest be upgradable to house 5 dragons. There are still many habitats that still only can hold 4 dragons, which is useless at this place in the game

mymonta
04-19-19, 01:41 PM
I bought the Shimmering Shrine even though deadpixel thinks it isn't worth it. Sorry deadpixel! :) I think it's pretty, and I will be able to pull Diamond out of other habitats and free up space in those habitats. I didn't know what they meant when they showed the adventure tickets and the 20% off, but now I see and am excited. I got New Unicorn for a discount on my old account (and she has a place waiting for her in the Shimmering Shrine!), and i will be crafting Orbit on my other account. Those ones cannot be crafted with Essence, so Adventure Tickets was the only way to go, and now I'm really glad that I waited so I could save some tickets. :) Other than that, though, yeah, not super excited about the sale, but that's ok because i don't want to spend a lot of money anyway. I would love to get the marble key dragon, though. And Dreamweaver is nice looking and only 150 gems. I'm not sure why they put so many breedable dragons on sale, though, like Titan, Coral, Wizard. Weird.

cosmolife
04-19-19, 03:51 PM
Reading through comments, why do I have the bad feeling that you can only craft ONE gold dragon with tickets? I was gonna say...if you want more gold dragons, why not play bingo, save up tickets and craft lots of them? But is there a limit? How many can we craft? Yikes

I haven’t crafted any yet so don’t know. And only reason I haven’t crafted one yet is because the habitat costs 8 million. Yikes. Was hoping that would be on sale. Oh well..

cosmolife
04-19-19, 03:55 PM
Is the marble key dragon worth getting? I’m not up to the part where expansions need marble keys yet, but I’ve heard horror stories that it takes 60 days for an expansion. Yikes

Currently my expansion takes 3 days to gather all parts needed. But if later on down the road, marble keys become important and the only blocking obstacle to expand, then should I buy the marble key dragon now and start saving up marble keys now?

PuntaMita
04-19-19, 04:01 PM
Reading through comments, why do I have the bad feeling that you can only craft ONE gold dragon with tickets? I was gonna say...if you want more gold dragons, why not play bingo, save up tickets and craft lots of them? But is there a limit? How many can we craft? Yikes

I haven’t crafted any yet so don’t know. And only reason I haven’t crafted one yet is because the habitat costs 8 million. Yikes. Was hoping that would be on sale. Oh well..
Yes, you are limited to 1 Gold Horizon dragon using tickets. I am happy with mine, hope you can save for that habitat! Have a nice weekend😊

PuntaMita
04-19-19, 04:06 PM
I bought the diamond temple & second breeding den. Any wisdom as to how to use these to my advantage is appreciated!
Combos that are good bets?
I only have Neo Diamond & hybrids so I pretty much need everything. A pure Diamond or Infinity would be awesome!
Thank you😊

deadpixel
04-19-19, 04:25 PM
I play several S8 games and was expecting to splurge on all of them this Spring Sale, but as it turns out, DS was the only game that had things I wanted, so thanks to the Gold Sale accompanying the Spring one, I got the Gold Lion and Dark Mountain dragons.

It'll take 886,450 units of food to get the GPD up to level-15 so that it'll give 5 gold pieces a day, but if the Marble Key producing dragon (MKPD) follows the food, dynamite, and bomb producing dragons, then we only have to get it to level-10 to get 3 Marble Keys a day. And that's just going to cost 75,000 units of food :) I'll know in a couple of days once the MKPD hatches and evolves to level-10.

It looks like I'll be needing about a million units of food :p

newzealander
04-19-19, 04:30 PM
I play several S8 games and was expecting to splurge on all of them this Spring Sale, but as it turns out, DS was the only game that had things I wanted, so thanks to the Gold Sale accompanying the Spring one, I got the Gold Lion and Dark Mountain dragons.

It'll take 886,450 units of food to get the GPD up to level-15 so that it'll give 5 gold pieces a day, but if the Marble Key producing dragon (MKPD) follows the food, dynamite, and bomb producing dragons, then we only have to get it to level-10 to get 3 Marble Keys a day. And that's just going to cost 75,000 units of food :) I'll know in a couple of days once the MKPD hatches and evolves to level-10.

It looks like I'll be needing about a million units of food :p
Deadpixel, is that the maximum offering of the Dark Mountain? 3 keys a day? I was hoping it would be 5 like the gold producers. Does anyone else know? I would consider it for 5 a day, but I'm not so sure about 3.
I'm torn about the Gold Lion. It just takes so much food! I love the ones I have, and can always use more gold, but just hate sacrificing my hard worked for food. Hmmmmmm. Not sure.

deadpixel
04-19-19, 04:38 PM
I bought the diamond temple & second breeding den. Any wisdom as to how to use these to my advantage is appreciated!
Combos that are good bets?
I only have Neo Diamond & hybrids so I pretty much need everything. A pure Diamond or Infinity would be awesome!
Thank you��

If you don't already have them, try for the red, then green, then yellow, then white, followed by blue diamond hybrids in that order by pairing them up with your Neo Diamond. The failure timings would be 10 seconds, 1 minute, 2 hours, 9 hours and 12 hours respectively.

Once you have a Red + Diamond hybrid, pair it up with the Neo Diamond to try for the Infinity.

deadpixel
04-19-19, 04:47 PM
Deadpixel, is that the maximum offering of the Dark Mountain? 3 keys a day? I was hoping it would be 5 like the gold producers. Does anyone else know? I would consider it for 5 a day, but I'm not so sure about 3.
I'm torn about the Gold Lion. It just takes so much food! I love the ones I have, and can always use more gold, but just hate sacrificing my hard worked for food. Hmmmmmm. Not sure.

The information available seems to indicate that the maximum number of Marble Keys the Dark Mountain can produce is three, even at level-15; this is similar to the food, bomb and dynamite producers. IMHO, three Marble Keys a day is pretty good, a far cry from the one per day that we get from the Spell Shop, and it produces the keys regardless of whether or not we remember to craft them or if some other craft is going on in the shop :tickled_pink:

Rfs04
04-19-19, 04:50 PM

I know you asked deadpixel, but here's my 2 cents bout it.
Only way I could find dark mountain drgn spec was look at egg list thru Google search, its 20 hr egg n says max 3 per day. I assume its accurate.

Golden lion, I bought and plan to feed to level 10. 4 more gold is nice. Eventually I'll get it to 15 during LB and get nice points for that so it's not so bad if you can afford the gold, at least to me :)

shortdanzr
04-19-19, 05:19 PM
was going to craft a second a second snowbrute (so that one can evolve to max while the other goes on adventures). however, right now i can make a marble key in 12 hours so that is more important for a bit

AwesomeChefDad
04-19-19, 05:20 PM
I was ready to buy 5 of those keys dragons, I have the cash and was prepared because once you get past like level 4 on the expansion the ammt goes way up. I dont know why S8 treats its players like hostages and makes these needed expansion areas more valuable than gold producing dragons. It likely means there will not be any new land for a LONG LONG time...

newzealander
04-19-19, 06:36 PM
The information available seems to indicate that the maximum number of Marble Keys the Dark Mountain can produce is three, even at level-15; this is similar to the food, bomb and dynamite producers. IMHO, three Marble Keys a day is pretty good, a far cry from the one per day that we get from the Spell Shop, and it produces the keys regardless of whether or not we remember to craft them or if some other craft is going on in the shop :tickled_pink:

I know you asked deadpixel, but here's my 2 cents bout it.
Only way I could find dark mountain drgn spec was look at egg list thru Google search, its 20 hr egg n says max 3 per day. I assume its accurate.

Golden lion, I bought and plan to feed to level 10. 4 more gold is nice. Eventually I'll get it to 15 during LB and get nice points for that so it's not so bad if you can afford the gold, at least to me :)

Thanks, both, for the responses. You're probably right about the Dark Mountain....I miss so many events these days because I don't have the space to put new habitats. All my gold is going on upgrading old habitats, so I could do with the Gold Lion, but I'm still thinking about that; it's a lot of food, and would take my last available habitat space because I'd need a new gold habitat. I'm just not sure.

mymonta
04-19-19, 09:48 PM

Oh, okay, fine, you convinced me. ;)

mymonta
04-19-19, 09:51 PM
Is the marble key dragon worth getting? I?m not up to the part where expansions need marble keys yet, but I?ve heard horror stories that it takes 60 days for an expansion. Yikes

Currently my expansion takes 3 days to gather all parts needed. But if later on down the road, marble keys become important and the only blocking obstacle to expand, then should I buy the marble key dragon now and start saving up marble keys now?

I was going to say yes, it is worth getting. But I guess it depends on what your other priorities are for how to spend your money. If you have the money, then get it. I guess it's possible that they could release another marble key producer or put this one on sale before you get to the point where you need them, but who knows, and by then you would have lost out on all the ones you could have crafted in the first place.

Carbuck
04-19-19, 10:33 PM
I bought a Treasure Dragon instead of the Gold Lion. I never got one before and it doesn?t seem to ever go on sale. LOL! My rational is I already had an empty TT habitat and if I?m going to spend 2000 I?d rather have a dragon that can produce 5/day at level 10 than have one that has to be at level 15 to produce 5/day. I got the Marble Key habitat. I?m waiting for a nest to clear so that I can get the dragon. I would get more than one like others have stated if only S8 would allow it.

I also picked up 2 Shaded Glens as it will house my black color dragons and blue if needed instead of the Black Sands Oasis. I have the space and I get to house 6 dragons with 15,600 coin cap for a total of 200 instead of 4 dragons with 10,000 coin cap for 225.

AraRaider
04-19-19, 10:47 PM
I am extremely disappointed and very angry over how expensive the new gold dragons are. THe new gold dragons a few years back used to be only 400 gold when they were released on sale. If I had known they would be such an insulting rip off these days I would have bought as many as I could back then. I deeply regret that and will never have a chance to make up for that since they’re no longer for sale....Please make the gold giving dragons cheaper. Everything is so crazy expensive as it is....but 4,000 gold regular price for a gold dragon is just ridiculous and putting it on sale for only 2,000 gold is extremely unfair. I am not made of money. Wish I was. But I can’t afford that.

cosmolife
04-20-19, 03:33 PM
Omg how long is the sale for?? Didn’t it just start yesterday? I just got a popup in my game that it’s the last call for the sale! What the heck. Feeling stressed haha

PuntaMita
04-20-19, 05:20 PM
Omg how long is the sale for?? Didn’t it just start yesterday? I just got a popup in my game that it’s the last call for the sale! What the heck. Feeling stressed haha
Serious panic here, I need to free up some nests!! Hopefully somebody can give us a time frame.

deadpixel
04-21-19, 03:27 AM
Serious panic here, I need to free up some nests!! Hopefully, somebody can give us a time frame.

I think it ends on Tuesday, 23 April.

NeidusBluetip
04-21-19, 09:29 AM
I am extremely disappointed and very angry over how expensive the new gold dragons are. THe new gold dragons a few years back used to be only 400 gold when they were released on sale. If I had known they would be such an insulting rip off these days I would have bought as many as I could back then. I deeply regret that and will never have a chance to make up for that since they’re no longer for sale....Please make the gold giving dragons cheaper. Everything is so crazy expensive as it is....but 4,000 gold regular price for a gold dragon is just ridiculous and putting it on sale for only 2,000 gold is extremely unfair. I am not made of money. Wish I was. But I can’t afford that.

Oh dear, I feel that anger as well. I had a long rant with my partner earlier, since it seems this is the only game that I always feel an itching desire to whine about .__.

I am absolutely flabbergasted that they think a 'sale' means a dragon costing 2000 gold, when it was already an insurmountable price of 4000??

This would mean that 'on sale', a player would have to spend 1400 gold at $47.99 USD during a sale (regular price $69.99 USD) *plus* another 530 gold at $19.99 USD during a sale (regular $27.99 USD). Oh, but that STILL doesn't match the bloated price of 2000 gold required to buy that dragon.

That's a total of $68 USD (almost $100 CAD) when on sale, and a total of $98 USD (almost $131 CAD) when not on sale, for this single dragon. What's worse is that some of the dragons which are NOT currently on sale, are listed as 2000-4000 gold, which is equally laughable. Does anyone actually buy these??

The habitats themselves are also so highly priced most of the time and I never understood why anyone would upgrade an already existing habitat on their island, so that it may house only a *single* extra space for 200-300 gold...? I'm stunned that they'd even offer that Sundial habitat that houses a whopping 2 slots, yet costs the same as others which house 4 dragons.

There was another player on here that commented about this, but I'm in the same position as well, where I'm also nowhere near maxed out on my habitats. But the rate I've been going with obtaining Marble Keys to expand a single plot of land is absolutely ridiculous, that I feel I'll never reach that maxed out quota.

People who want to continue playing, and who would also spend money on more dragons, habitats, etc, *can't* because there just isn't any space to put them! They slosh stuff out as fast as humanely possible, and most players can't keep up at all anymore.

I just spent some of my gold for 2 of the same habitat, simply because it was the only one that houses 5 slots, while still costing the same price as others that house 4 slots. I also spent the hefty amount of 500 gold to upgrade my stable, because I'm going to start tossing all the ugly Commons in there, since they're using up what little valuable space I have left in habitats!

I guess I just don't understand why S8 became sooo greedy, while continuously ignoring their dedicated fanbase. I've been playing for over 8 years and have financially invested in this game which I used to adore a *lot*. And like you said, a lot of things have changed for the worst; My partner was telling me that at this point, they just don't deserve my money anymore when they've made it clear how greedy theyve become and how little they offer in return.

savage_mel
04-21-19, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know if the Dark Mountain dragon will be available in the market after? I am so torn! I only have enough gold for either that or the gold lion

HuckBellery
04-21-19, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know if the Dark Mountain dragon will be available in the market after? I am so torn! I only have enough gold for either that or the gold lion

It most certainly will, just like bomb/dynamite/food producing dragons. But if you have enough gold and not having huge space shortage, I would recommend buying Gold Lion. Marble Shores can hold 2 dragons, and since we can only have 1 Dark Mountain it means that sooner or later we will get anonther marble key producing dragon (on sale at release date). Who knows when (and if?) we will get another gold-producing dragon, and it's always a good investment.

shortdanzr
04-21-19, 01:45 PM
what's up with the splash screen about reduced time in the ticket temple for boosts? i can't figure that out

PuntaMita
04-21-19, 05:35 PM
what's up with the splash screen about reduced time in the ticket temple for boosts? i can't figure that out
I did notice the dragons available using Adventure Tickets require fewer tickets. Not sure about the boosts.

shortdanzr
04-21-19, 06:55 PM
I did notice the dragons available using Adventure Tickets require fewer tickets. Not sure about the boosts.

ahhhhh. since i've never actually done anything w/ the ticket temple, i rarely look at it. i would love another GPD, however, the 8million in coin for another habitat is to much.

however, i bought the MKPD w/ habitat. only level 3. but i've had him over a day. not one key to collect yet.

cosmolife
04-22-19, 01:46 AM
Is there a habitat that can hold any type of dragon? Like a universal habitat?

If there isn’t, then we NEED one :love_heart:

savage_mel
04-22-19, 06:41 AM
It most certainly will, just like bomb/dynamite/food producing dragons. But if you have enough gold and not having huge space shortage, I would recommend buying Gold Lion. Marble Shores can hold 2 dragons, and since we can only have 1 Dark Mountain it means that sooner or later we will get anonther marble key producing dragon (on sale at release date). Who knows when (and if?) we will get another gold-producing dragon, and it's always a good investment.

Good point! The GPDS are definitely fewer and farther between these days

orson32
04-22-19, 08:20 AM
ahhhhh. since i've never actually done anything w/ the ticket temple, i rarely look at it. i would love another GPD, however, the 8million in coin for another habitat is to much.

however, i bought the MKPD w/ habitat. only level 3. but i've had him over a day. not one key to collect yet.

I toobought the MKPD ..I have it up to a level to get 3 keys a day ..I bought first day and have not had one key given yet..sent ticket in to S8

JMThrive
04-22-19, 05:38 PM

Key take 12 hours, but speeding them up costs the same, so I guess that is another big which is to be expected.

retseho
04-22-19, 09:54 PM
I toobought the MKPD ..I have it up to a level to get 3 keys a day ..I bought first day and have not had one key given yet..sent ticket in to S8

You need to check the Marble keys you have in storage before tapping on the habitat. Once you tap the habitat, collection occurs if the count is 1 and above.There is a very quick animation showing +1 rising up from the habitat, it is so fast that I thought I imagined it but it happened the second time too.

Monichiwa
04-23-19, 05:34 AM
Is the sale ending today, in a few hours (when the leaderboard finishes)?

deadpixel
04-23-19, 06:16 AM
Is the sale ending today, in a few hours (when the leaderboard finishes)?

Probably. Refer to the countdown timer of the Gold Sale, the Spring Sale will likely end when that counter reaches zero.

glenngenius
04-23-19, 10:08 AM
Can anyone from s8 confirm if the sale ended already? Upon checking my market, all the sales are gone as of this writing. Supposedly, there are still approximately 22 mins left if the sale expires the same time as the leaderboard event! (-_-)

shortdanzr
04-23-19, 10:40 AM
what annoyed me with the sale ending slightly before LB-i had a MK being crafted. had gotten 10 hours into the 12 hours. then it reverted to the 24 hours and only gave me credit for the 10 hours done. not the 83% done

Mikep101
04-23-19, 11:06 AM
You need to check the Marble keys you have in storage before tapping on the habitat. Once you tap the habitat, collection occurs if the count is 1 and above.There is a very quick animation showing +1 rising up from the habitat, it is so fast that I thought I imagined it but it happened the second time too.

Haven't seen the animation, but key counts are not rising. Maybe clicking on it resets it even if less than 1. Hmmm

glenngenius
04-23-19, 11:14 AM
what annoyed me with the sale ending slightly before LB-i had a MK being crafted. had gotten 10 hours into the 12 hours. then it reverted to the 24 hours and only gave me credit for the 10 hours done. not the 83% done

That's really frustrating. :( A similar incident happened to me while I was trading one of my ultra rare dragons for 150 essence (there was a reduced timer/extra essence event or something). Before the event ended, the trading was in progress, so I assumed, since the popup said I'll get 150, that's the amount I'll get. When I gathered the essence, it reverted to just 100.

One of the moderators/admin members of this forum (I forgot who) told me that once the event ends, the system resets the timer, thus reverting everything to its normal crafting/trading duration. I just find it unfair since you're already in the middle of crafting or trading, the reduced timers should be credited to the ongoing progress. But sadly no, that's not how the s8 system works.

amerirish
04-23-19, 12:11 PM
Is there a habitat that can hold any type of dragon? Like a universal habitat?

If there isn?t, then we NEED one :love_heart:

Amen!! I've been saying the same thing for a long time. I have particular trouble finding alternative homes for Champs, Diamonds, Olypus, Zodiac & Stone types since I've been trying to eliminate all Common habitats that only hold 3 dragons.

mymonta
04-23-19, 02:23 PM
That's really frustrating. :( A similar incident happened to me while I was trading one of my ultra rare dragons for 150 essence (there was a reduced timer/extra essence event or something). Before the event ended, the trading was in progress, so I assumed, since the popup said I'll get 150, that's the amount I'll get. When I gathered the essence, it reverted to just 100.

One of the moderators/admin members of this forum (I forgot who) told me that once the event ends, the system resets the timer, thus reverting everything to its normal crafting/trading duration. I just find it unfair since you're already in the middle of crafting or trading, the reduced timers should be credited to the ongoing progress. But sadly no, that's not how the s8 system works.

Absolutely *nothing* works to the players' advantage in these games.

Carbuck
04-23-19, 03:46 PM

Definitely agree with you. This has happened to me as well. It’s just ridiculous!

Carbuck
04-23-19, 03:52 PM

I got the quick animation too showing +2 but my total key count hasn?t changed as I did check before doing this. Hmmmm

mylord7
04-23-19, 07:46 PM

Haven't seen the animation, but key counts are not rising. Maybe clicking on it resets it even if less than 1. Hmmm

I got the quick animation too showing +2 but my total key count hasn?t changed as I did check before doing this. Hmmmm
Better start a new topic for this severe bug! I am not sure if the S8 admins will ever notice it here...

tofujuju
04-23-19, 10:22 PM
Better start a new topic for this severe bug! I am not sure if the S8 admins will ever notice it here...

It seems to be not working for me either, I've had it at level 10 for about a day now but the counter stayed on zero and never increased.
My cartographer dragon has increased in the meantime and I was able to collect from that.
I've just submitted a ticket to storm8 and will wait and see

belbar22
04-24-19, 01:36 AM
My Mk dragon is not producing marble keys either.

kooky panda
04-24-19, 10:12 AM
The missing counter indicator for the Dark Mountain Dragon has been reported over.

Please see bug thread:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108305-BUG-Marble-Key-Producing-Dragon-(MKPD)-Habitat