PDA

View Full Version : Mastery Gift??? New Gift?

SweetChikara
04-13-11, 07:03 PM
Hello! Hopefully someone can help tell me what this means lol. I found these "mastery" gifts inside my gifts box. I haven't moved them to a counter yet lol. I just was curious how this got there and what does it mean? I've had a TON of bugs with my gifts section. People keep telling me they sent me a gift and I never receive it, but still manage to receive other ppl's gifts afterwards. Then after I've received my 20 for the day, the ppl that said they gifted me but I couldn't see it, actually went through showing their name last under accepted gifts :( It's so confusing. So I've counted me getting 24 gifts in a day instead of the 20. It's glitchy. Anywhoo, on to the image lol

http://www.sweetchikara.com/pix/mastery.jpg

badger8
04-13-11, 07:32 PM
It's just a glitch. If you try to serve them, you will get an "out of sync" message. If you leave them alone, eventually they will disappear. They don't mean anything. Sorry!

Rockinkitten
04-14-11, 12:59 AM
I have been getting these too in various games. Got loads on Fashion story!

sehana
04-14-11, 01:35 AM
Well if I don't collect all 20 gifts in one day, it carries over to the next day for me to collect, which I don't mind it doing that. Cause you still get your gifts if you didn't have time to collect the previous day(s).

So some days I'm collecting like 80-100 gifts because I had not collected them the previous days. I love that it does that.

So maybe that is what was happening in your situation. They said they couldn't gift you that day, but they may have gifted you the previous day. and maybe that is why you are seeing their name when they said that they didn't gift the current day.

did that make any sense, it felt like i was just typing on and on, LOL. :p

SweetChikara
04-14-11, 06:13 AM
lol I really appreciate the responses! you are all so awesome for responding ^_^ I thought I was going nuts lol. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has seen this. I sat here wondering why would I get a single slice of cake or a single cupcake XD And Sehana, it did make sense; I hadda read it twice but yup I getcha now XD Thanks again ;)

kats17
04-14-11, 07:13 AM
Glad someone asked about this i was wondering myself yesterday i had just 1 strawberry shortckae, it disapeared, then had 1 portebello mushroom i figured it was some type of bonus too bad its just a glitch

SweetChikara
04-14-11, 08:31 AM
I think I got an idea about this! I was actually able to serve the one plate lol!! So my boyfriend was playing and he mastered the chamomile baking, and then he got a single serving of chamomile in his gifts! He was able to serve his too lol. So now that I think about it, I did master the velvet cake and vanilla cupcakes so perhaps u get a single serving when u do? Just an idea though lol tok funny XD

badger8
04-14-11, 10:13 AM
If that's the case, 1 serving is a pretty cheesy way of rewarding level mastery!!

SweetChikara
04-14-11, 02:04 PM
LOL yea it is badger8! But i can't think of anything else that explains it at the moment lol. I dunno why we were both able to serve the plates with no glitches. Perhaps its because I'm running it on an iphone and my boyfriend on the itouch? No clue, but I know glitches vary per device lol. Should be 100 servings at least like most gifts haha

pixtemp
04-14-11, 04:24 PM
Don't serve these mastery gifts! If they are anything like previous similar bugs they will replace any food you have of the "Mastery" type with a single unit of same. So for instance, if you have 1000 servings of banana bread on your counter and you hit a Mastery of banana bread you will now have a total of 1 banana bread to serve. I think this bug is related to recent iOS software updates. Do not allow any plates of food to combine while this is showing in your gifts panel or you risk losing tons of food.

GroupMagma
04-14-11, 04:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I've forwarded this thread onto the engineering team, who is currently testing the functionality of these items.

mattdiner
04-14-11, 05:33 PM
Don't serve these mastery gifts! If they are anything like previous similar bugs they will replace any food you have of the "Mastery" type with a single unit of same. So for instance, if you have 1000 servings of banana bread on your counter and you hit a Mastery of banana bread you will now have a total of 1 banana bread to serve. I think this bug is related to recent iOS software updates. Do not allow any plates of food to combine while this is showing in your gifts panel or you risk losing tons of food.

If it goes out of sync, you'll have the same amount of food you already had.
If it doesn't, then you just have one extra serving of food. :)
This is how it works for me when this glitch occurs.

sophiacml
04-14-11, 05:41 PM
I think it works good on Fashion & Nightclub. The glitch doesn't work stable on Restaurant & Bakery.

SweetChikara
04-14-11, 10:51 PM
It happened again tonite with us mastering food. We served it and all our food was there. On iPhone & Droid x. I never lost a single plate of food just gained one plate as the icon said lol. It's nuts. This time my boyfriend mastered red velvet cake and he got the single plate for that and cupcakes somehow lol. Strange indeed, that's my latex update to add XD

yairya99
04-15-11, 12:22 PM
I got a gift from someone that had mastered a dish they sent a gift and a sample of the dish they had mastered if you look at your gift there is usually a mastery gift for every regular gift sent to you. try it... send a gift to a friend with a phone you can access . and see what happens but when i count there is a mastery gift that is sent with all my regular gifts.but you have to have mastered a s**** first .. but yea sucky to only get one plate.. or a sample if you will. but its like telling you friends that you mastered this dish resently