PDA

View Full Version : Darkhound Dragon: April 9 2019 ( needed for A song of Fire World Event)

kooky panda
04-09-19, 10:49 AM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/9/9b/Darkhound_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20190409173114

Rarity: Common
Type: Royal /Black

Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 gold
Selling Price: 100 coins
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780

Breed Black and Yellow

skyharbor602
04-09-19, 11:14 AM
Gold + Neo Black - Volt (throw away)
Neo Air + Neo Black - Volt (another throw away)
Neo Air + Neo Black - Volt
Gold + Dark Angel - Godmother
Crownprince + Dark Angel - 7 hours of Seer stupidness

deadpixel
04-09-19, 11:26 AM
Got it with the help of breeding and hatching boosts, but as expected, this took 13 failures before popping out :(

Neo Black with Neo Yellow:

https://i.ibb.co/QbkTcgt/06307-BF2-56-DF-4358-82-BB-500-BAF8-EBF3-D.jpg

 => 
https://i.ibb.co/1JM3drp/15091404-E61-D-4180-A88-E-23-C263716-A55.jpg

  

There are 31 possible outcomes breeding pure black with pure yellow, with four 4-hour dragons that you might get; March Mayhem, Gentleman, Orator, and Darkhound. The longest possible failure is the 25-hour Penumbra.

If you breed two Black and Yellow hybrids, the number of possibilities increases to 35 and going with Diamond Hybrids will up it to 41, so consider your breeding choices carefully.

divanightclub
04-09-19, 11:59 AM
Got it on the 3rd try using Night Elf and Neo Air, he's already on his quest, waiting to be evolved to Epic form tomorrow, once Pegasus 2 is finish evolving..

Anuisia
04-09-19, 12:54 PM
Got it on the first try!!! Night and Neo Air. I'm shocked!!!

sophiensissi
04-09-19, 02:48 PM
Gentleman and volt fails so far and just got another 5 hour so likely volt. These common dragons are so hard to get... I couldn’t complete the tales because I couldn’t breed the common dragon.

cosmolife
04-09-19, 04:11 PM
Got it with the help of breeding and hatching boosts, but as expected, this took 13 failures before popping out :(

There are 31 possible outcomes breeding pure black with pure yellow, with four 4-hour dragons that you might get; March Mayhem, Gentleman, Orator, and Darkhound. The longest possible failure is the 25-hour Penumbra.

If you breed two Black and Yellow hybrids, the number of possibilities increases to 35 and going with Diamond Hybrids will up it to 41, so consider your breeding choices carefully.

Thanks for the info! I see in your pics that you have the breeding roost. How does this thing work? Is it a one time purchase of 100 gold, or I have to pay 100 gold every 7 days?

mmartin_chile
04-09-19, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info! I see in your pics that you have the breeding roost. How does this thing work? Is it a one time purchase of 100 gold, or I have to pay 100 gold every 7 days?

You have to pay 100 gold for every 7 days of use. The 100 gold essentially charges the roost for 7 days. After that it just sits there till you recharge it to use again

laurelsail
04-09-19, 05:46 PM
How do you get Neo Air? I only have Neo Yellow...

NeidusBluetip
04-09-19, 06:28 PM
First attempt: Neo Air + Night = 9hrs
Second attempt: Neo Air + Night = 21hrs Amazing...
Third attempt: Air + Night = 5hrs Amazing...
Fourth attempt: Air + Night = 21hrs...

PuntaMita
04-10-19, 01:51 AM
How do you get Neo Air? I only have Neo Yellow...
I believe Neo Air is unbreedable. It is a dragon from a past Tales event. Neo Yellow is fine to use, as is Air if you want a single yellow element to pair with a black or black and yellow dragon. Best of luck!

PuntaMita
04-10-19, 01:55 AM
Got it on the first try!!! Night and Neo Air. I'm shocked!!!
I'm in shock as well after my uphill breeding efforts for the last common. I used Emberglow and Warbler. So nice to breed one early on. Have fun with the event😊

Shewolf1953
04-10-19, 07:46 AM
Second try with Night and Neo Air!

Nuicakes
04-10-19, 12:56 PM
Black Diamond x Gold -Leo
Black Diamond x Gold - Bat
Bat x Neo Air - Trickster
Night x Neo Air - Social
Music x Double-Dye (bingo task) - DARKHOUND

lynniefish
04-10-19, 02:36 PM
Lotus x Air = Volt
Lotus x Air = Volt
Lotus x Air = March Mayhem
Lotus x Air = Clown
Lotus x Air = Genie
Lotus x Air = Volt
Arbiter (gotta try something different) x Air = 7 hrs., either Clown or Seer (lol, it was a Clown)
Another go with Air x Lotus, 8th try = 4 hrs., we'll see in the morning...guessing another March Mayhem
(Nope, Gentleman)
Air x Lotus = ugh, unbelievable, 25 hr. Penumbra (I officially give up)

*sigh* I think this is karma's correction for getting Greensight on the very first try.

AuntyRose32
04-10-19, 03:29 PM
Got it second try with Air and Night. Glad to have it early.

ozigal
04-10-19, 09:24 PM
I'm in shock as well after my uphill breeding efforts for the last common. I used Emberglow and Warbler. So nice to breed one early on. Have fun with the event��
Congrats.. i got it on my third try. Night and Air. How awesome was that after our previous run.

mymonta
04-10-19, 10:16 PM
Am I the only one hearing Wiz Khalifa singing "Black and Yellow?"

Carbuck
04-11-19, 02:13 AM
Got it on the 3rd try using Night Elf and Neo Air, he's already on his quest, waiting to be evolved to Epic form tomorrow, once Pegasus 2 is finish evolving..

Used your suggested pairing and got it on the 3rd try.

Thanks.

Passera
04-11-19, 07:36 PM
Am I the only one hearing Wiz Khalifa singing "Black and Yellow?"

Nope.

PuntaMita
04-11-19, 09:00 PM
Congrats.. i got it on my third try. Night and Air. How awesome was that after our previous run.
So glad you had a quick success as well, we earned it! I'm really liking the dragons this month. Just crafted the arena dragon (Furylord?) and before that a 2nd Darkhound to evolve. Hope we make it to the end.
Best of luck, thanks for checking in!

sophiensissi
04-12-19, 03:54 AM
I had to craft mine

mymonta
04-12-19, 11:21 AM
I had to craft one on both accounts, so of course now I am behind on the number of points that I could have had if I had obtained it earlier. It sucks because I really want both of these dragons, but it looks like the final prize will once again be out of reach.

sunshine_day917
04-13-19, 05:39 AM
All with Night x Air
Ambassador
Leo
Clown
Bat (currently on nest)
Doesn?t look like I?m getting this one 🤷🏾*♀️

sharyl32
04-13-19, 09:26 AM
I am so happy I got it on my second attempt, first attempt was night & neo air then I did night and air and it is hatching. Woohoo!!

AraRaider
04-15-19, 10:17 PM
I am so happy I got it on my second attempt, first attempt was night & neo air then I did night and air and it is hatching. Woohoo!!

Wow, I am SUPER jealous!!! I have tried well over twelve times now and the ONLY reason I even got the dragon at all is because I ended up crafting him at the spell shop! This ALWAYS happens to me...Sigh...  I NEVER EVER breed the new dragons right away. Ever! I try my very hardest over and over and over and over and over breeding them for the events and trying the combos where people had either instant success or in the least got it on their second try but NOPE! NO luck for me! I always try so hard to breed them and because I never can despite trying so hard I usually end up having to struggle to craft them instead and when I do succeed in crafting them it is already right near the end of the event.

I am struggling to have enough to craft a second darkhound dragon because I evolved my darkhound dragon to level 10 and while I love the design of it all except for one thing. As soon as you evolve your darkhound dragon from level 9 to epic form its eyes shrink and it gets these tiny little squinty eyes that I really do not like at all compared to the eyes it had before it was evolved. The eyes it had from levels 1 up to 9 were super cute. It looked a LOT better with bigger eyes. The eyes on the epic form are just WAY too small and they bug me a little so I am struggling my hardest to craft a second darkhound dragon before the timer runs out. I should have JUST enough time to craft my second Darkhound dragon. I even have my phone alarms set for when I have to start crafting the next parts I need. My next alarm is set for 1:51 AM!!! Once I do the next task I need I will set my alarm again for however many hours it takes! That is pure dedication! After I finish crafting the platinums I have to craft that I need for those blue egg things then I will have enough to craft my second darkhound which I will only be leveling up to 8 because I love the eyes on that form the best because the eyes are the cutest on it. Not only that the animation it has with the little paws as he walks around with them at his chest is super duper cute! I do really love this dragon even though I do not like the epic form dark John dragons eyes that much!! It is still a great dragon and a new fave!

OH and PS, thank you so, so SO very much to dragon story staff for not making the Dark hound dragon require a ridiculous amount of food! I think everyone should thank DS staff for this for not making it require such a horrible amount of food because maybe if they know how much we appreciate it then they might make more dragons in the events not require such an insanely hard to get amount of food! So dear Dragonstory staff, thank you again for not making an event dragon require too much food I really appreciate it!!!