PDA

View Full Version : It looks like I going to say good buy to all my friends and neighbors

katbtodd
04-09-19, 03:18 AM
Meeka manor wants to say good bye to all my wonderful friends and neighbors
I haven't been able to log in my game since late last Thursday night , and I posted in the bug forum and a lot of others started posting too, as of this morning they are all up and running but me , I will keep the app loaded on my iPad for awhile longer and I will keep trying and if by some miracle I make it back I will let all of you know , love you all going to miss you and this game, I been with castle story since Nov 2012 it's a sad sad day for me for all of you that are addicted to this game knows my sadness , sad to know I leave all my hard work of building my kingdom to what it is to day with the army of Ali's I am leaving behind ,I wish all of you the best of luck in all the furture events aka Karen

laudenum
04-09-19, 03:32 AM
So, so sorry to hear your sad news. I hope Support can fix this for you, you have such a wonderful kingdom.
I will be sad to lose such a great neighbour. Fingers crossed.

Fable :-)

xtinem070672
04-09-19, 11:08 AM
*gasp!*

Nooooooooo!!! Never, ever, ever give up! I know our stupid April snow sucks eggs right now but before you know it those two weeks of summer will be here and it'll be nothin' but blue skies! Do NOT hang up your sword! You're sword number THREE for cripes sake! If you leave your Round Table will have five measly members! That's not even round at that point! You just put your despair on ice (just step outside harhar) while I sound the emergency rooty-toot trumpets! This WILL BE RESOLVED! THUAKIANS UNITE!:love_heart:

*rooty-toot trumpet air-raid sirens*

dipwid
04-09-19, 11:32 AM
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and restoring your information in CS from another storm8 game?

meme1098
04-09-19, 12:38 PM
Oh. No, Meeka! This is such sad, sad news. As Wildwood stated, don't give up! We're behind you 100%!
⚔️Call to Action!⚔️ Thuakians!

katbtodd
04-09-19, 12:55 PM
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and restoring your information in CS from another storm8 game?

Yes yes and yes I downloaded 4 other S/8 games we all played for the gems ,and I could log in to them , it's hard to give up I keep trying

katbtodd
04-09-19, 12:57 PM
*gasp!*

Nooooooooo!!! Never, ever, ever give up! I know our stupid April snow sucks eggs right now but before you know it those two weeks of summer will be here and it'll be nothin' but blue skies! Do NOT hang up your sword! You're sword number THREE for cripes sake! If you leave your Round Table will have five measly members! That's not even round at that point! You just put your despair on ice (just step outside harhar) while I sound the emergency rooty-toot trumpets! This WILL BE RESOLVED! THUAKIANS UNITE!:love_heart:

*rooty-toot trumpet air-raid sirens*
I know it's hard to give up ,I will keep trying

katbtodd
04-09-19, 12:58 PM
Oh. No, Meeka! This is such sad, sad news. As Wildwood stated, don't give up! We're behind you 100%!
⚔️Call to Action!⚔️ Thuakians!

Spirit is working hard trying to help me

newpam575
04-09-19, 01:23 PM
I hope it is resolved for you and that you can keep playing.

Melany77
04-09-19, 10:58 PM
Meeka, please try the following:
- make sure you iPad has plenty of space (check in setting to see how much is available)
-make sure your iPad is updated with the most recent update (check in setting)
- reset your iPad (press and hold both home and power button until it shuts down and the apple icon appears)
- if your app still doesn't open try delete then re-install

Sometimes I can't log in with my WiFi so I use my phone's internet and it works. So maybe try to open your game with a different internet connection (like a hot spot tethered from your phone's internet).

Do you have another device that you can try to open your game in? Try to log in say using a phone if you have one.

Your kingdom is awesome, I hope you find a way to get back to it.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 02:53 AM
Meeka, please try the following:
- make sure you iPad has plenty of space (check in setting to see how much is available)
-make sure your iPad is updated with the most recent update (check in setting)
- reset your iPad (press and hold both home and power button until it shuts down and the apple icon appears)
- if your app still doesn't open try delete then re-install

Sometimes I can't log in with my WiFi so I use my phone's internet and it works. So maybe try to open your game with a different internet connection (like a hot spot tethered from your phone's internet).

Do you have another device that you can try to open your game in? Try to log in say using a phone if you have one.

Your kingdom is awesome, I hope you find a way to get back to it.

Thank you and I understand but I have tried all these , if you read the post above , I have over 32 G of space and I delete and reinstall my game as you see under spirit I posted a pic of how little space my game is taking up right now
I clean out my history shut down my router . Gone to McD's and Dunkin to use their free internet .. Nothing seems to work

SpiritWind00
04-10-19, 03:48 AM
I think there are just some games they need to do manual fixes on. They have been working on, just haven't found the right fix for Meeka. I'm so sorry I can't do anything more... I'll keep checking the bug report for any info.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 04:05 AM
I think there are just some games they need to do manual fixes on. They have been working on, just haven't found the right fix for Meeka. I'm so sorry I can't do anything more... I'll keep checking the bug report for any info.

Thank you my dear friend

Melany77
04-10-19, 07:33 AM
Thank you and I understand but I have tried all these , if you read the post above , I have over 32 G of space and I delete and reinstall my game as you see under spirit I posted a pic of how little space my game is taking up right now
I clean out my history shut down my router . Gone to McD's and Dunkin to use their free internet .. Nothing seems to work

Meeka,

I hope S8 finds a fix for you soon.
Meanwhile, if I were you I would do a little test to see if it's the game or the device that is causing the problem. If you can find another device to open your game to see if it works there, you can rule out the case that your game is the problem. If you can't get another device, maybe try to ask a fellow CSer you trust to open your game (you can change your password in another CS app like BakeryStory and then change it back when done). If your game opens elsewhere, just not your iPad, then you can only wait for S8 to fix, or if they fail, purchase a new device.

I know my suggestion may be not that helpful. I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get back to your game soon.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 07:37 AM
Meeka,

I hope S8 finds a fix for you soon.
Meanwhile, if I were you I would do a little test to see if it's the game or the device that is causing the problem. If you can find another device to open your game to see if it works there, you can rule out the case that your game is the problem. If you can't get another device, maybe try to ask a fellow CSer you trust to open your game (you can change your password in another CS app like BakeryStory and then change it back when done). If your game opens elsewhere, just not your iPad, then you can only wait for S8 to fix, or if they fail, purchase a new device.

I know my suggestion may be not that helpful. I just wanted to wish you good luck and hope you get back to your game soon.
No other device here it's not just me there are many others too
Go into,the bug forum you will see but thanks for trying to help

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 07:51 AM
I can't find a pic of your storage available. I am looking to see how full your "other" storage space takes up, not the game itself. I had a problem on my iPad where I was getting a memory error message, my Other was massive. The fix for that was to empty my Mail cache by deleting then reinstalling my Mail (apparently on Apple devices every time you open Mail it stores a copy, only way to delete it is to delete then reinstall Mail). The other thing is to see if your RAM is overloading, a lot of this is apps running in backgroung constantly, specifically Location Services. Turning off Location Services, rebooting to clear the RAM, then restarting, would help this. Shutting off all apps except ones you are using helps with Android as well as Apple. Also clear your browser cookies, history, make sure nothing is open on device. Not sure if any of this was suggested before, plz forgive if so.....I am just responding to New Post saying you are leaving CS!

katbtodd
04-10-19, 08:04 AM
I can't find a pic of your storage available. I am looking to see how full your "other" storage space takes up, not the game itself. I had a problem on my iPad where I was getting a memory error message, my Other was massive. The fix for that was to empty my Mail cache by deleting then reinstalling my Mail (apparently on Apple devices every time you open Mail it stores a copy, only way to delete it is to delete then reinstall Mail). The other thing is to see if your RAM is overloading, a lot of this is apps running in backgroung constantly, specifically Location Services. Turning off Location Services, rebooting to clear the RAM, then restarting, would help this. Shutting off all apps except ones you are using helps with Android as well as Apple. Also clear your browser cookies, history, make sure nothing is open on device. Not sure if any of this was suggested before, plz forgive if so.....I am just responding to New Post saying you are leaving CS!

Is this what your looking for

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 09:13 AM
Almost....show me Manage Storage.

That's where you see how much of you storage is Other. You can see here that while my apps don't use a lot of storage, my Other cache is double my apps! I have to clear it regularly.....
Although I am beginning to think this is largely a RAM/bandwidth issue, since so much of it is long time players who have massive inventories. As your device tries to load, the more massive your game is in terms of data trying to load on the bandwidth available, the more of your processor power it uses. So the more apps you have open, the more processor power lost to those apps. So you have less processor available to load the game.

The more those other open apps are sucking on your bandwidth (notably Location Services!) the less bandwidth available to load the (massive due to massive inventory) game, and the game will time out before it loads. I also set Mail to only send/ask to Manual; otherwise, like Location Services, your Mail will constantly be pinging your device. Any app open, even a browser, will ping your device constantly, sucking your processor power & bandwidth. Location Services apps ping almost constantly, which is why I recommend disabling them, unless you are using them. It only takes a few swipes to turn on Location Services in your browser to Google "restaurants near me" instead of leaving it on 24/7. Same for Google Maps & Apple Maps.....I don't want the constant drain on my processor & bandwidth with them pinging all day & night. (Plus it will save on Data use when not hooked up to WiFi)

I will bet real $ a lot of this is also due to excess game inventory. I went into my Dragon Story(which I have been playing longer than CS, and pretty much quit due to near constant resets) and deleted a bunch of inventory, and THAT game is working better. So maybe next time you can get into this game, consider deleting buildings/decos that you don't want anymore (if possible). S8 really really needs to figure out a way for us to delete old useless event items!

I also have trouble logging on during peak internet use in my region. Hence my suspicion that there are several factors involved in the inability to log in: RAM, bandwidth, and device storage.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 09:27 AM
Almost....show me Manage Storage.

That's where you see how much of you storage is Other. You can see here that while my apps don't use a lot of storage, my Other cache is double my apps! I have to clear it regularly.....
Although I am beginning to think this is largely a RAM/bandwidth issue, since so much of it is long time players who have massive inventories. As your device tries to load, the more massive your game is in terms of data trying to load on the bandwidth available, the more of your processor power it uses. So the more apps you have open, the more processor power lost to those apps. So you have less processor available to load the game.

The more other open apps are sucking on your bandwidth (notably Location Services!) the less bandwidth available to load the (massive due to massive inventory) game, and the game will time out before it loads. I also set Mail to only send/ask to Manual; otherwise, like Location Services, your Mail will constantly be pinging your device. Any app open, even a browser, will ping your device constantly, sucking your processor power & bandwidth. Location Services apps ping almost constantly, which is why I recommend disabling them, unless you are using them. It only takes a few swipes to turn on Location Services in your browser to Google "restaurants near me" instead of leaving it on 24/7. Same for Google Maps & Apple Maps.....I don't want the constant drain on my processor & bandwidth with them pinging all day & night. (Plus it will save on Data use when not hooked up to WiFi)

I will bet real $ a lot of this is also due to excess game inventory. I went into my Dragon Story(which I have been playing longer than CS, and pretty much quit due to near constant resets) and deleted a bunch of inventory, and THAT game is working better. So maybe next time you can get into this game, consider deleting buildings/decos that you don't want anymore (if possible). S8 really really needs to figure out a way for us to delete old useless event items!

I also have trouble logging on during peak internet use in my region. Hence my suspicion that there are several factors involved in the inability to log in: RAM, bandwidth, and device storage.

Yes I had started deleting stuff in my inventory , or selling it Before all this happen
I never seen that bar before , I'm on a iPad not a phone

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 10:13 AM
Yes I had started deleting stuff in my inventory , or selling it Before all this happen
I never seen that bar before , I'm on a iPad not a phone
Go into main General settings tab
51043Tap on iPad storage in the General tab, you then see:
51044That's how you can see how full your Other is. This also shows how much of your storage is really used.
Is your device old? Or didyou recently update your iOS? Your General screen doesn't look like mine. I always wait at least 6 months after iOS comes out with an update to do so, I don't allow automatic updates. I wonder if the newest iOS is not compatible on iPad with the current CS software; remember, after iOS update, CS staff needs to check for compatibility, and then fix problems. I always told my clients NOT to update any software ASAP, then they never had problems when there were incompatibilities. I wonder if this newish spate of "unable to log in" correlates with the recent iOs update. Are you on iOS 12.2? I am not. Still on 11.2.6. The new iOS update was supposed to fix (among other things) an issue in Settings > General > IPhone Storage , but since we are using iPads this update might glitch the iPad. The only update I do when it appears is the game itself.

From what you showed, the bottom line is Manage Storage. Show me that. It will show how much of your storage is used for what. When more than 2/3-3/4 of any computer-like device is full, problems start to occur due to insufficient RAM.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 10:35 AM
Go into main General settings tab
51043Tap on iPad storage in the General tab, you then see:
51044That's how you can see how full your Other is. This also shows how much of your storage is really used.
Is your device old? Or didyou recently update your iOS? Your General screen doesn't look like mine. I always wait at least 6 months after iOS comes out with an update to do so, I don't allow automatic updates. I wonder if the newest iOS is not compatible on iPad with the current CS software; remember, after iOS update, CS staff needs to check for compatibility, and then fix problems. I always told my clients NOT to update any software ASAP, then they never had problems when there were incompatibilities. I wonder if this newish spate of "unable to log in" correlates with the recent iOs update. Are you on iOS 12.2? I am not. Still on 11.2.6. The new update was supposed to fix (among other things) an issue in Settings > General > IPhone Storage , but since we are using iPads this update might glitch the iPad. The only update I do when it appears is the game itself.
My iPad is an older one

katbtodd
04-10-19, 10:37 AM
Is this what your looking for

This is my iPad storage

meme1098
04-10-19, 10:41 AM
I have updated to IOS 12.2 & have not had any problems with CS or other games on my iPad.

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 10:49 AM
This is my iPad storage
Right, but tap on that bottom line where it says "manage iPad storage" & show me That.

yay meme1098, thanks, that makes me think it may Not be related to the update, good news!
I used to work in software but often problems with software were related to the hardware, so that's why I am asking so many questions.....

katbtodd
04-10-19, 11:04 AM
It's not just me a lot of us are posting in the bug forum

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 11:34 AM
I saw, right now I am trying to address your specific device/iOS. Let's see if it works. Please bear with me if I am being overly simplistic.
First make sure all background apps are shut down. Here are mine on my older iPhone which seems to be showing General settings like your older iPad.
510475104851049I find theses by double clicking the Home button. Swipe each one to close.

its storming here & my WiFi is cutting in and out, it may take awhile for me to finish all of this!

From Settings, Privacy, go to Location Services & disable it. Under Diagnostics & Usage of your Privacy settings, make sure Don't Send is enabled, and Share With App Developers is turned Off. Also check Twitter, Facebook, & any other apps under your Privacy settings & do not allow them access. Check apps other than social media that want information in your Privacy settings & disable/turn off.
Under main settings, disable Messenger, iMessage, any other app.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 11:43 AM
I saw, right now I am trying to address your specific device/iOS. Let's see if it works. Please bear with me if I am being overly simplistic.
First make sure all background apps are shut down. Here are mine on my older iPhone which seems to be showing General settings like your older iPad.
510475104851049I find theses by double clicking the Home button. Swipe each one to close.

Yes I have forced close out of every thing when I try to open my game it's the only one up

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 11:56 AM
Right, but you have to not only force close all the apps, you have to disable Location Settings, and everything. Turn your iCloud Drive off. Any automatic backups, all the stuff I listed in the edits.....a lot of apps ping your device even when not in active use & will affect your RAM & bandwidth.
For instance, if Automactic Downloads are enabled under iTunes, they are pinging your device. They are using RAM and bandwidth. If Notifications are enabled, the apps underneath are pinging your device unless disabled. This burns your RAM, all this stuff is sucking on your processor even if you are not "actively" using....so on an older device, you have to shut everything off because the older processor doesn't have enough power to run everything at the same time.
If you use Mail on this device, I am told the only way to clear the email cache from memory is to delete your email then reinstall (after backing up Mail to iCloud first). I am told that a lot of "other" memory is from stored copies of mail that's been opened, and Apple has yet to find a way to clear this cache except for delete/reinstall. Google "how to clear iPad cache" for info.
so after Everything is cleared & shut off, you reboot the device to clear what's left in the cache...then hopefully your game will open again.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 12:02 PM
Right, but you have to not only force close all the apps, you have to disable Location Settings, and everything. Turn your iCloud Drive off. Any automatic backups, all the stuff I listed in the edits.....a lot of apps ping your device even when not in active use & will affect your RAM & bandwidth.
For instance, if Automactic Downloads are enabled under iTunes, they are pinging your device. They are using RAM and bandwidth.
Location off
spot light off
iCloud off
auto back off
A while back I goggle how to speed up my iPad these were the things they had me do and they have been off since
Don't stop now , let's keep going
I been totaling shutting down my iPad at night
Rebooting my router

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 12:59 PM
What about your messaging apps? I notice u got 2....also in an earlier post I did, I had to edit it over 1/2 hr (its hailing/raining here with Wind advisories, my internet keeps cutting out) where you shut off notifications to developers, etc. all the Privacy setting stuff

also what kind of case do you use, it is silicone that keeps heat in? Is it on a built in stand that uncovers part of the back to let heat out? I know I had to switch cases because an older ipad would overheat

katbtodd
04-10-19, 01:11 PM
What about your messaging apps? I notice u got 2....also in an earlier post I did, I had to edit it over 1/2 hr (its hailing/raining here with Wind advisories, my internet keeps cutting out) where you shut off notifications to developers, etc. all the Privacy setting stuff

also what kind of case do you use, it is silicone that keeps heat in? Is it on a built in stand that uncovers part of the back to let heat out? I know I had to switch cases because an older ipad would overheat
Not shutting off my notifications that's where I hear from my kids
I went and look I have all my notifications shut off except FaceTime and messager and messages

SofiaDeo
04-10-19, 02:35 PM
Only suggesting you disable them, reboot device, play game, then re-enable when done playing. You should only need to free up your processor & memory for playing, not 24/7. I turn off all mine to play, then turn on "Find my iPad", etc, when I am done. Even if you are playing non-stop that's disabling for only a few minutes every 2 hours.

katbtodd
04-10-19, 03:02 PM
Only suggesting you disable them, reboot device, play game, then re-enable when done playing. You should only need to free up your processor & memory for playing, not 24/7. I turn off all mine to play, then turn on "Find my iPad", etc, when I am done. Even if you are playing non-stop that's disabling for only a few minutes every 2 hours.
Most of my stuff is off

shortdanzr
04-11-19, 02:54 AM
its me too (not in your extreme). i go to answer requests for this last paper event and when i click on send my game closes. not all the time. they really need to de-bug this

katbtodd
04-11-19, 03:11 AM

This morning I shut all notifications off rebooted my router Rebooted my iPad and I still could not get in , I'm trying just so frustrated I watch the little wheel , I get the message around 17 turns so it it goes pass that ..I get hope ..lol so far nothing ,, thinking support needs to clean out all our useless stuff in our inventory and during a monster but stop dropping rainbow archway I must have hundreds I need to delete if and when I can get back in..last week before all thIs I did sell all my my benches but 4 and all my royal carriages and pumpkin batches Stuff like that

olcastle
04-11-19, 07:11 PM
thinking support needs to clean out all our useless stuff in our inventory and during a monster but stop dropping rainbow archway I must have hundreds I need to delete if and when I can get back in..last week before all thIs I did sell all my my benches but 4 and all my royal carriages and pumpkin batches Stuff like that

It shouldn't matter if you have 4 or 400 benches in the inventory. It's still the same amount of image files, just different digits in the database.
I hope you'll get your game soon!

BiggerBubbles
04-12-19, 12:51 AM
I seem to remember that SW reported on here when she couldn’t load the game, but I can’t find it now. I was locked out at the start of this update for a couple of hours last Friday, then for about 6 1/2 hrs on Wednesday when SW also had problems, then again just now. I’ve done the usual, delete etc. Only need 3 more Ivy collections, will wait an hour then put another ticket in. Meeka, are you in yet?

katbtodd
04-12-19, 01:46 AM
I seem to remember that SW reported on here when she couldn’t load the game, but I can’t find it now. I was locked out at the start of this update for a couple of hours last Friday, then for about 6 1/2 hrs on Wednesday when SW also had problems, then again just now. I’ve done the usual, delete etc. Only need 3 more Ivy collections, will wait an hour then put another ticket in. Meeka, are you in yet?

Think Spirit posted that in the bug forum
No I can't get in I have a hard week with out my game ,thinking it's called detoxing if they don't fix this soon, I won't care if it's fix or not sad thing to say if I get to behind ,

SofiaDeo
04-12-19, 07:37 AM
Think Spirit posted that in the bug forum
No I can't get in I have a hard week with out my game ,thinking it's called detoxing if they don't fix this soon, I won't care if it's fix or not sad thing to say if I get to behind ,
omg sooo sorry this is happening!:blue:

susieq62castle
04-12-19, 07:56 AM
Oh noooooo, Meeka! Mattimore begs you to just keep trying, even if just once a day......however, i am off again too....luckily, last time, game came back online after about twelve hours for me....that was exactly one week ago...today, another Friday, and my game is not loading...will keep my fingers crossed for us both! �� Help us S8!! I am not going thru the rigamaroll of trying everything...did that last week, and nothing helped...it has to be an S8 glitch, so please fix it!!

katbtodd
04-12-19, 09:46 AM
Oh noooooo, Meeka! Mattimore begs you to just keep trying, even if just once a day......however, i am off again too....luckily, last time, game came back online after about twelve hours for me....that was exactly one week ago...today, another Friday, and my game is not loading...will keep my fingers crossed for us both! �� Help us S8!! I am not going thru the rigamaroll of trying everything...did that last week, and nothing helped...it has to be an S8 glitch, so please fix it!!

Crazy , your on a new device I'm on a older device .so it doesn't seem to matter
I wonder how many are off line that don't come to the forum ,
Ok for you sweet neighbors I will keep on trying ,
My heart breaks when I can't get on the game.. It's been a long hard week detoxing

SpiritWind00
04-12-19, 06:31 PM
We need to contain the one issue in one thread. There are now 3 or 4 threads running the same issue. Going forward can all players please post in original thread until the issue of connectivity is resolved. Any posts made elsewhere may be moved here depending on content. Thank you all for understanding.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?107735-Please-help-can-t-open-my-game