PDA

View Full Version : Succulents From Down Under - 2019 Apr 3

judyandthecat
04-03-19, 03:17 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50961
Succulents from Down Under

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485

Getting Started
1. Buy succulent pots from the Market
2. Buy the Succulent Stand from the Market
3. Send Planes for Gloves, Watering Cans

Where to find Items
Some plants are grown in the Succulent pots
Other Items
Orange Cactus Flowers from cows
Copper Watering Pot from planes
Poke Proof Gloves from planes
Outback Succulent Pieces from planes
Peat Moss from fishing (lower levels: cocoa trees)
Decorative Brick from the mine

Event Crafts
Succulent Stand
Recipes for the Tending kits and the Kangaroo Succulent do NOT APPEAR in the Succulent Stand until you reach the goal they are in!

Kit 1: 12 Outback Succulent Pieces + 8 Poke Proof Gloves + 5 Copper Watering Pots (5 mins)
Kit 2: 24 Outback Succulent Pieces + 12 Poke Proof Gloves + 7 Copper Watering Pots (5 mins)
Kit 3: 26 Outback Succulent Pieces + 18 Poke Proof Gloves + 10 Copper Watering Pots (5 mins)
Kit 4: 42 Outback Succulent Pieces + 30 Poke Proof Gloves + 12 Copper Watering Pots (5 mins)
Kangaroo Succulent: 1 of each above kits

Didn't see them earlier, so here are the recipes for the different Succulent crafts.

Orange Succulent Vases: 7 Orange Succulent + 4 Flowering Cactus + 1 Orange Cactus Flowers
Classic Succulent Lantern: 2 Orange Succulent + 2 Flowering Cactus + 6 Speckled Succulent + 1 Peat Moss
Orange Succulent Heart: 10 Flowering Cactus + 10 Speckled Succulent + 6 Orange Cactus Flowers + 1 Peat Moss
Orange Succulent Globes: 36 Speckled Succulent + 40 Pink Succulent + 4 Peat Moss + 4 Decorative Brick
Outback Succulent Terrarium: 19 Pink Succulent + 1 Peat Moss + 4 Decorative Brick

Also, unlike the previous succulent events, this time the Succulent Tending Kits appear in our Barn inventory. Be careful not to accidentally sell it.

Did the math so you don't have to...

We need to craft
10 Orange Succulent Vases
11 Classic Succulent Lanterns
6 Outback Succulent Terrariums
10 Succulent Hearts
5 Orange Succulent Globes

Assuming my math is correct, we need to collect
92 Orange Succulent
162 Flowering Cactus
70 Orange Cactus Flowers
346 Speckled Succulent
314 Pink Succulent
47 Peat Moss
44 Decorative Brick

(If I made any mistakes, let me know and I will correct them.)

Goals
Refer to General Guidelines for Goal Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248485&viewfull=1#post1248485) in Event Guide and Frequently asked questions (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90971-Farm-Story-2-Goal-Guide&p=1297317&viewfull=1#post1297317) in Goal Guide to know what are the do's and dont's for goals.

Goal 1 of 7: Succulents Down Under
It may be warming up in our area but our friends in the Southern Hemisphere are experiencing colder fall temps. It's easy to grow succulents, so let's propagate some that our Down Under mates will love!
Buy 6 Outback Succulent Pots
Grow 3 Orange Succulent
Grow 3 Flowering Cactus
REWARDS: 200 coins, plush kangaroo, 3 experience points

Goal 2 of 7: Succulents Down Under
I really want to do some limited timed orders of succulents again, since we'll be elbow deep in them on the farm. Can you prep the new Succulent Stand from the market? We need to continue our tradition of beautiful succulent displays!
Buy Blush Succulent Stand
Get 10 Orange Cactus Flowers from cows
Make 3 Orange Succulent Vases
REWARDS: 200 coins, 15 Watering Cans, 3 experience points

Goal 3 of 7: Succulents Down Under
Our Succulent Vase is always such a hit! You know I always appreciate your hard work. If you can help me make more there's really sweet pet in it for you!
Give 7 Orange Succulent Vases
Give 6 Classic Succulent Lanterns
Have Succulent Tending Kit 1
REWARDS: 200 coins, Kangaroo Planter, 3 experience points

Goal 4 of 7: Succulents Down Under
I think you are going to like this pet! It'll bounce right into your life! Our farm is going to hop to the top! Can you guess what pet I've got for you?
Give 5 Classic Succulent Lanterns
Give 4 Outback Succulent Terrariums
Have 1 Succulent Tending Kit 2
REWARDS: 200 coins, 21 Gloves, 3 experience points

Goal 5 of 7: Succulents Down Under
Everyone just loves our Succulents! Do you think you could help me make some more? Let's get hopping!
Give 2 Outback Succulent Terrariums
Give 4 Orange Succulent Hearts
Have 1 Succulent Tending Kit 3
REWARDS: 200 coins, 3 experience points

Goal 6 of 7: Succulents Down Under
More orders coming in! Your succulents are extremely popular!
Give 6 Orange Succulent Heart
Give 5 Orange Succulent Globes
Have 1 Succulent Tending Kit 4

Goal 7 of 7: Succulents Down Under
I've got an idea for a perfect little planter to welcome our new pet. Help me fill these orders and that Kangaroo is yours!
Make 1 Kangaroo Succulent
Recipe: uses 1 each of the Succulent Tending Kits
Give 1 Kangaroo Succulent
REWARDS: 200 coins, Kangaroo Pet, 3 experience points

Side Goal (optional)
All That Glitters
Need more room to grow Succulents? Grab the Gold Succulent Pot!
Have 1 Gold Succulent Outback Pot

Which Warehouse Wares
Still need more succulent stuffs? Y'all ***na need to keep sending those deliveries! Keep on building those Succulents!
Get 5 Outback Succulent Pieces
Get 2 Poke Proof Gloves
Get 5 Copper Watering Pots

Surprises From the Hanging
Succulents Everywhere!
Have Hanging Glass Succulents - 90 gems
REWARDS: 200 coins, 1000 Shears, 3 experience points

Red Lizard Rocks
This little red lizard is feisty! It's probably because I found it under a rock! Get your own Red Lizard Rock from the Market to lure yourself a fiery Red Lizard!
Buy 1 Red Lizard Rock ... 100 gems

Event Prizes
Kangaroo Plushie
Kangaroo Planter
Kangaroo
Note: Your event prizes can be found in your cellar.

Event Boost
Hanging Glass Succulents (90 gems)
Red Lizard Rock (100 gems)

This goal is not required for Succulents Down Under. Completing this series of goals will reward you with a genuine piece of Australian flora!

Good As Golden Wattle
Goal 1
Cook Fried Egg x15
Give Friend Egg x15

Goal 2
Make Dried Mango x13
Give Dried Mango x13

Goal 3
Make 10 Lotion Jars
Give 1 LotiJars

Goal 4
Make 10 Sun Protection Lotion
Give 10 Sun Protection Lotion

Goal 5
Make 10 quiche
Give 10 quiche
REWARDS: 200 coins 3 experience points

Goal 6
Make 5 Canned Ravioli
Give 5 Canned Ravioli
REWARDS: 200 coins, Golden Wattle, 3 experience points

PookieBear50
04-03-19, 03:36 PM
Great. A new event, and I'm already off to a bad start: I very definitively KNOW I did not drag a Gold Outback Succulent Pot from the Market onto my farm, because I very specifically touched the ordinary Outback Succulent Plot...but now I am stuck with one gold plot and down 35 gems I could not really afford to spend. Sigh.

Oh, and also, for some reason, the plots did not show up properly. I had to exit and force close the app, then reopen it for the plots to show up correctly.

windflowerlj
04-03-19, 04:12 PM
So the Gold Outback Succulent Pot is only for 14 days use, or you can use it permanently like Gilded Flower Pot?
Great. A new event, and I'm already off to a bad start: I very definitively KNOW I did not drag a Gold Outback Succulent Pot from the Market onto my farm, because I very specifically touched the ordinary Outback Succulent Plot...but now I am stuck with one gold plot and down 35 gems I could not really afford to spend. Sigh.

Oh, and also, for some reason, the plots did not show up properly. I had to exit and force close the app, then reopen it for the plots to show up correctly.

here2helpout
04-03-19, 04:13 PM
Super disappointed the succulent values are low. Would of been a perfect chance for many of us to gather some coins.

judyandthecat
04-03-19, 04:40 PM
Where to Find Items
Some plants are grown in the Succulent pots
Other Items
Orange Cactus Flowers from cows
Copper Watering Can from planes
Poke Proof Gloves from planes
Outback Succulent Pieces from planes
Peat Moss from fishing
Decorative Brick from the mine

PookieBear50
04-03-19, 04:45 PM
So the Gold Outback Succulent Pot is only for 14 days use, or you can use it permanently like Gilded Flower Pot?

I think, like the other Succulent Plots, they will remain "active" only for as long as there is a succulent growing. Once the event ends, you will no longer be able to place anything there. And if you accidentally harvest a Plot, it will return to its empty state and be stuck that way.

Unless, of course, the succulents become a permanent addition to the game, rather than a temporary event-only option...and it is not likely that they will become a permanent addition.

skkdjdkckdmj
04-03-19, 10:42 PM
Super disappointed the succulent values are low. Would of been a perfect chance for many of us to gather some coins.

Yes, I was very excited for a sub lent event to earn coins. I was very excited until I saw the low prices. I wish we had the chance to make good money too

eucom
04-04-19, 06:43 AM
What are the items from the plane used for?

judyandthecat
04-04-19, 07:13 AM
What are the items from the plane used for?

Making the four Succulent kits and thevrecipe becomes available as each goal is reached that it is in.

The four kits you make are then used in goal 7 to make the Kangeroo Planter.
Recipes are in post two for the Succulent Kits

KadeeDid
04-04-19, 08:09 AM

I had a similar issue. I bought 6 regular plots but it only said 5/6. I bought one more and had 7. All were regular plots. This morning, the first one I placed was gold. I know that they were all the same last night. My gems are missing so I was charged for a gold.

I know for sure that I only clicked on the regular one. I have no gems left now.

KadeeDid
04-04-19, 08:10 AM
I presume that the previous succulent plots are useless?

JBdeL17
04-04-19, 08:45 AM
This is third succulent event. Both the succulent stands and plots from previous events can’t be used. The only difference is the colour of the succulents. If you’ve already done the other two events, it’s kind of boring. The kangaroo looks cute, though.

gfp60
04-04-19, 09:34 AM
I grew three succulent bushes. I’m only being credited for two.

Tried to upload photos but failed.

loulou1290
04-04-19, 02:00 PM
Not a single watering can from my plane, but heaps of gloves. I will definitely not be able to participate at this rate!

skkdjdkckdmj
04-04-19, 02:19 PM
I was able to get my Kangaroo thanks to an amazing neighbour! It is so cute! Good luck to everyone on theirs!

judyandthecat
04-04-19, 04:17 PM

Not sure what you mean by Succulent bush?
I just had Plants for the Succulent plots?

Lapetshop7
04-04-19, 05:13 PM
Congratulations! 😱 lol ... I'm still stuck on goal three 😴😂😴😂

I was able to get my Kangaroo thanks to an amazing neighbour! It is so cute! Good luck to everyone on theirs!

tsumtsum27
04-04-19, 05:46 PM
All the stuff takes up too much space on barn

Rynetory2
04-04-19, 09:57 PM
I presume that the previous succulent plots are useless?

As usual, past event items are not reuseable. They turned into decorations after the events ended.

Rynetory2
04-04-19, 09:59 PM

Are you referring to Goal 1? Make sure you plant them after you got the goal for it to count. Try again and let me know in the Bugs and Issues forum if you are still having problem.

Rynetory2
04-04-19, 10:08 PM

Event items are for the duration of the event only. They turn into decorations after the event.

KadeeDid
04-04-19, 10:47 PM
This is third succulent event. Both the succulent stands and plots from previous events can?t be used. The only difference is the colour of the succulents. If you?ve already done the other two events, it?s kind of boring. The kangaroo looks cute, though.

Thank you.
Yes, I have items from both previous events.

tisiphonic
04-05-19, 01:38 AM

I agree. I thought the high value events were a great way for lower level players, or those who usually cannot complete their goals, to at least pad their coffers a little bit. With no incentive, I doubt those same players will be harvesting and selling just to help others out. I know my daughters aren?t. They only get a few minutes each morning and night. With little chance of winning the roo, and no financial ( albeit virtual ) incentive, they opted not to even buy the plots. In prior similar events, they were at least able to make enough to buy some buildings and improve their farm. I am shooting for the roo. But, I would love to do the challenge with my girls. They were the ones who got me Hooked on this game. Hopefully it is doable, even without help from lowere level players.

Rynetory2
04-05-19, 02:30 AM
Wonderful that we are able to buy/sell event items to help each other out and also with the low pricing of event items, even the poorer farmers can afford to buy them to get the kangaroo. This make it affordable for everyone to complete the event and get their pets. Awesome to have a new kind of pet to add to our farms! :D

here2helpout
04-05-19, 03:04 AM
Wonderful that we are able to buy/sell event items to help each other out and also with the low pricing of event items, even the poorer farmers can afford to buy them to get the kangaroo. This make it affordable for everyone to complete the event and get their pets. Awesome to have a new kind of pet to add to our farms! :D

I disagree about the low pricing. I remember when the first succulent event came out. I was on 60k coins and made a ****ing from the stones with mining alone selling at 70k for 10 whether someone or a bot bought from my shop, I was still able to make coins and a lot from that event which meant my farm got fully upgraded quickly with land, barn,silo, buying all the goats/alpacas etc. I was given the freedom to help more people by just buying whatever from their shop while also being able to craft expensive items and sell them cheap for those who did need coins(many times I have been able to sell purple bags and even caramel coffee for min price so people can make coins whether they are my neighbours or not)

JJTwinkles
04-05-19, 05:05 AM
I disagree about the low pricing. I remember when the first succulent event came out. I was on 60k coins and made a ****ing from the stones with mining alone selling at 70k for 10 whether someone or a bot bought from my shop, I was still able to make coins and a lot from that event which meant my farm got fully upgraded quickly with land, barn,silo, buying all the goats/alpacas etc. I was given the freedom to help more people by just buying whatever from their shop while also being able to craft expensive items and sell them cheap for those who did need coins(many times I have been able to sell purple bags and even caramel coffee for min price so people can make coins whether they are my neighbours or not)

I'm a low level farmer with little cash. I couldn't finish some of such events because I ran out of coins. Although I sold my surplus at high price, I had to wait for people to buy before I could get the coins to buy the items I needed. That took time and, with everyone selling and the newspapers flooded, it took a while to get things sold out. I don't have all shop slots unlocked or maybe I don't have as many neighbours at that time. I am glad that this event offered low pricing for peeps like me, I am able to progress more and am confident that I will be able to get my roo. Thank you Storm troopers, I am in love with the kangaroo.

RoyalBlue305
04-05-19, 08:48 AM
Fyi to players struggling for coins. It remains a constant with this game. If it were easy then it would become boring and no one would play. I’ve played the game for years now and still work each day to build up coins. I do this by making items that sell well and sell at a better price. Focus on either quantity like sell 10 of a cheaper item vs just 1 or 2 of that item. Set all these items at night so they build while you’re asleep. Prep is key to succeeding to this game. Good luck!

Natasha_07
04-05-19, 11:28 AM
Succulent stand (purple), blue succulent stand, blush succulent stand (red)... Maybe the next succulent event will feature a yellow one. :)

Too bad I don't have enough space to display them all due to lack of expansion parts especially land deeds and old maps, which I've dealt with since I started playing years ago.

Wish we had other ways of obtaining them and expanding more quickly.

PookieBear50
04-05-19, 12:19 PM
Fyi to players struggling for coins. It remains a constant with this game. If it were easy then it would become boring and no one would play. I’ve played the game for years now and still work each day to build up coins. I do this by making items that sell well and sell at a better price. Focus on either quantity like sell 10 of a cheaper item vs just 1 or 2 of that item. Set all these items at night so they build while you’re asleep. Prep is key to succeeding to this game. Good luck!

One thing to keep in mind is that players have different mindsets and playing patterns. When looking for items for train deliveries, they may look for large quantities. When they are looking for items for plane orders, they may look for smaller ones. It may be best to offer a variety of amounts: sometimes 2, sometimes 5, sometimes 10. However, especially during events when barn and silo space become an issue, sometimes smaller quantities would be the best option.

ankavale1000
04-05-19, 01:49 PM
Wonderful that we are able to buy/sell event items to help each other out and ... Awesome to have a new kind of pet to add to our farms! :D

YES! Thank u so much Stormie for allowing us to trade. With 40 succulents here and 40 flowers there, it would be near impossible to have the event as DIY. I was able to make all the kits thanks to all those that sold in paper. So far, the first event of the month is my favorite, because we get to trade! The second part of the month, I don't really look forward to cuz of Leaderboard. So, thank u really for making the first event every month doable, tradable. I get to win a new pet every month woohoo! And it's a Brand New Kangaroo!

To be able to Trade is a Luxury in my book. Thank You Stormie.

Srishtikarta
04-06-19, 08:56 AM
Is it me. Or do the low price of things is making people less inclined to trade than in the past succulents events??

Lapetshop7
04-06-19, 09:22 AM
Yes, that seems the case! We will find out for sure in a few days if its still this way!!

Is it me. Or do the low price of things is making people less inclined to trade than in the past succulents events??

Lapetshop7
04-06-19, 12:28 PM
I thought goal 5 was give 4 orange succulent hearts

Lapetshop7
04-06-19, 01:17 PM
How come we didn't get the prize from goal 6??

inara_24
04-06-19, 01:38 PM
My issue is that we can only plant 6 items at once and they take an hour and a half each. I find it hard to get enough of certain plants to make things.

lynard12
04-06-19, 04:53 PM
What bait is giving people the rocks? I'm having a hard time getting the rocks.

tsumtsum27
04-06-19, 07:10 PM
Been 3 days I still stuck on goal 3.
Can't hv enough the plants n no one is selling them

orca1006
04-07-19, 12:10 AM
How come we didn't get the prize from goal 6??

if i remember correctly, i think goal 6 was the one that rewarded the kangaroo planter. i am on an "i" device, and it IS in my cellar. it's a blue-ish thingy that kinda looks like the final thing we have to make, just slightly different color. :)

orca1006
04-07-19, 12:12 AM
What bait is giving people the rocks? I'm having a hard time getting the rocks.

you can get the moss (that brown "rock" looking thing) using ANY bait. so i just use my dough baits. the drops are random. people are also selling them so you may want to scour the newspaper/neighbor shops. g'luck. :)

PookieBear50
04-07-19, 04:06 PM
New set of 6 goals that are not directly related to the event:

Good as Golden Wattle
Goal 1 of 6
Cook 15 Fried Eggs.
Give 15 Fried Eggs.
REWARD: 200 c 3 xp

Heymichx
04-07-19, 08:03 PM
Same here, for me work is hindering my game time too. I put flowers on at start of shift, break then end of shift. That can be just 3 in 12 hours (no time to retrieve iPad in the 2 mini brew breaks)
I love the challenges but never seem able to complete the good ones, I’ve vented frustration on here before but it’s only because I’m passionate about the game and think those behind the scenes are great.
Ok, off to decapitate some flowers...

Been 3 days I still stuck on goal 3.
Can't hv enough the plants n no one is selling them

PookieBear50
04-07-19, 08:35 PM
Didn't see them earlier, so here are the recipes for the different Succulent crafts.

Orange Succulent Vases: 7 Orange Succulent + 4 Flowering Cactus + 1 Orange Cactus Flowers
Classic Succulent Lantern: 2 Orange Succulent + 2 Flowering Cactus + 6 Speckled Succulent + 1 Peat Moss
Orange Succulent Heart: 10 Flowering Cactus + 10 Speckled Succulent + 6 Orange Cactus Flowers + 1 Peat Moss
Orange Succulent Globes: 36 Speckled Succulent + 40 Pink Succulent + 4 Peat Moss + 4 Decorative Brick
Outback Succulent Terrarium: 19 Pink Succulent + 1 Peat Moss + 4 Decorative Brick

Also, unlike the previous succulent events, this time the Succulent Tending Kits appear in our Barn inventory. Be careful not to accidentally sell it.

Did the math so you don't have to...

We need to craft
10 Orange Succulent Vases
11 Classic Succulent Lanterns
6 Outback Succulent Terrariums
10 Succulent Hearts
5 Orange Succulent Globes

Assuming my math is correct, we need to collect
92 Orange Succulent
162 Flowering Cactus
70 Orange Cactus Flowers
346 Speckled Succulent
314 Pink Succulent
47 Peat Moss
44 Decorative Brick

(If I made any mistakes, let me know and I will correct them.)

ankavale1000
04-07-19, 10:27 PM
Golden Wattle
2. Dried Mango (15 I think)
3. Lotion Jar (10 I think)
4. Suntan Lotion (10)
5. Quiche (10)
6. Canned Ravioli (5)

The Golden Wattle is 1x1, it's a bit disappointing imo for all the work. It's cute and pretty though I was hoping for something animated or something that easily stands out. The idea of a bonus deco is a great idea. Keep it up!

PookieBear50
04-08-19, 02:02 AM
Golden Wattle
4. Suntan Lotion (10)
5. Quiche (10)
6. Canned Ravioli (5)

The Golden Wattle is 1x1, it's a bit disappointing imo for all the work. It's cute and pretty though I was hoping for something animated or something that easily stands out. The idea of a bonus deco is a great idea. Keep it up!

For 2, it is 13 Dried Mango.

kindefarm1890
04-08-19, 04:29 AM
Hi PookieBear - The orange succulent globes need 36 speckled succulents not 6 and the goal requires 5 not 2. At least this is what is listed in my goal and the craft. That will up the amount needed for the speckled succulents. I hope that I am looking at the count wrong but can you double check?

I know this is a given for most of us but make certain to check Stormie's shop everyday. I found globes for save the other day which really helped out.

PookieBear50
04-08-19, 04:55 AM
Hi PookieBear - The orange succulent globes need 36 speckled succulents not 6 and the goal requires 5 not 2. At least this is what is listed in my goal and the craft. That will up the amount needed for the speckled succulents. I hope that I am looking at the count wrong but can you double check?

I know this is a given for most of us but make certain to check Stormie's shop everyday. I found globes for save the other day which really helped out.

Hmm...I'm not sure why I read 2 instead of 5. I apologize. I will make the edits.

kindefarm1890
04-08-19, 05:14 AM
Hmm...I'm not sure why I read 2 instead of 5. I apologize. I will make the edits.

No problem. I was really hoping I was the one that was wrong.

tsumtsum27
04-08-19, 06:25 AM
Where will the roo live ?

skkdjdkckdmj
04-08-19, 01:33 PM
Where will the roo live ?

The kangaroo lives in a Wildlife Den

vxn555
04-09-19, 05:48 AM
Golden Wattle
4. Suntan Lotion (10)
5. Quiche (10)
6. Canned Ravioli (5)

REAL disappointing! :(

F4irL4dy
04-09-19, 03:12 PM
Can I please ask of the admins if you are able to write the alternative options of getting items. I’ve spent 2-3 days trying to “fish” for the peat moss when all I had to do is collect from the coco trees. It’s very frustrating when you are trying to complete an event but you know in the back of your mind it is impossible from the start... but yet you still try ����
Thankyou.

Rynetory2
04-10-19, 04:12 AM
Can I please ask of the admins if you are able to write the alternative options of getting items.

No worries, I always do that and have been doing that for all event and update threads for years. :) However I can only do that if lower level players post to share the information on the forum. Without others posting, I can only add what I see in my game and my farm is at high level. I've added your info on peat moss for lower levels to Post 1.

Feel free to send me a pm if you have more off topic thread questions. Thanks.

little_veggie
04-11-19, 11:05 AM
If the deco is not that good I am giving up . The mangoes are really hard to get xx

logansmil
04-11-19, 12:50 PM
I'm so happy. I got my kangaroo.......

1946Jenny
04-11-19, 11:15 PM
The fact that there are so few comments on the forum for this event seems to suggest that it is not that popular. Having thoroughly enjoyed the previous succulent events, I decided to give it a go. It has not been easy but I have reached stage 6. It takes 76 succulents to make one orange succulent globes. We have to make 5. With 8 plots and taking 90 minutes each grow, unless I sit on the game 24/7 I am not going to make it. I have not found any succulents in the newspaper or my neighbour’s shops, plenty of all the other items but no succulents. I have the 4 kits made, but they are of no use if I can’t make all the globes and hearts.

spring_peeper
04-12-19, 04:50 AM
The fact that there are so few comments on the forum for this event seems to suggest that it is not that popular. Having thoroughly enjoyed the previous succulent events, I decided to give it a go. It has not been easy but I have reached stage 6. It takes 76 succulents to make one orange succulent globes. We have to make 5. With 8 plots and taking 90 minutes each grow, unless I sit on the game 24/7 I am not going to make it. I have not found any succulents in the newspaper or my neighbour?s shops, plenty of all the other items but no succulents. I have the 4 kits made, but they are of no use if I can?t make all the globes and hearts.

TBH I decided against participation in this event early on based on the requirements.

Having said that, I?m glad that S8 has provided events more frequently so we can choose which ones we want to commit our time to.

queens15
04-13-19, 12:32 AM
Please is anyone else having the same trouble as me? I am trying to make the outback succulent bowls and have had 17 out of 19 of the pink flowers. I have now planted 7 of them for the last few plantings and on cutting them down I have still maintained 17 out of 19 so I have wasted hours of time.
Eventually I have bought 7 with gems, am making the bowl and have planted the extra 5. I now realise I have some more of the same bowls to make for the next level and am worried I will have the same problem when I cut the ones I bought.
Has anyone a suggestion how to overcome this problem please?

Rynetory2
04-13-19, 01:44 AM
Please is anyone else having the same trouble as me? I am trying to make the outback succulent bowls and have had 17 out of 19 of the pink flowers. I have now planted 7 of them for the last few plantings and on cutting them down I have still maintained 17 out of 19 so I have wasted hours of time.
Eventually I have bought 7 with gems, am making the bowl and have planted the extra 5. I now realise I have some more of the same bowls to make for the next level and am worried I will have the same problem when I cut the ones I bought.
Has anyone a suggestion how to overcome this problem please?

Make sure you have space in your silo. Also check that you are using the latest game version and see the suggestions under What can I do to resolve my game issue? in Main Guide to avoid sync issues. You may want to reinstall the game and/or restart your device to get your game running smoothly. Please post screenshots in the Bugs and Issues forum if issue persists.

A1ian0re
04-14-19, 02:44 AM
absolutely fuming! I harvested at least 4 times from the succulent plots yesterday when the game actually loaded instead of coming up with the farmer or just blank spaces, and gone to harvest this morning hoping it had been resolved but it still said I only had 11 of the speckled succulents (WHICH I HAD YESTURDAY MORNING) just harvested yet again and its only counted 3 of 6 - Ive now lost a whole days worth of harvesting and not going to finish now unless I find some nice neighbours but no one seems to be playing

auntheffer
04-14-19, 06:21 AM
Finally got the kangaroo pet. It’s smaller than my pet bunny lol. Question if the plots become unusable after the event ends, will the succulents that are planted there still show as a decoration if I don’t gather them?

A1ian0re
04-14-19, 08:13 AM
Finally got the kangaroo pet. It’s smaller than my pet bunny lol. Question if the plots become unusable after the event ends, will the succulents that are planted there still show as a decoration if I don’t gather them?

Congratulations!!! I think I read somewhere in the thread that they will unusable, but if you dont harvest they will still have the plants in as a decoration, if you harvest they go back to being empty as a decoration. You may want to check back a few pages though to be certain.

A1ian0re
04-14-19, 08:26 AM
How long does the last day goal take to do?

RoyalBlue305
04-14-19, 08:41 AM
This event is approaching ?unfinishable? (is that even a word lol) I finally got to level 6 and realized I needed more pink flowers and lots of globes. Whew. Not sure there?s enough time to finish. Nobody is selling which I understand. I can?t sell yet either. Oh well I?ll keep trying but not holding out much hope. Good luck everyone!

kindefarm1890
04-14-19, 08:55 AM
How long does the last day goal take to do?

Goal 7 where you turn in the 4 kits takes 5 minutes to complete.

A1ian0re
04-14-19, 10:04 AM
Goal 7 where you turn in the 4 kits takes 5 minutes to complete.

Okay thank you

friscosharkboy
04-15-19, 04:07 PM
Where is the kangaroo after you make it. I?ve looked in the cellar and quit/restarted the game multiple times.

judyandthecat
04-15-19, 04:11 PM
Where is the kangaroo after you make it. I?ve looked in the cellar and quit/restarted the game multiple times.

You are making a kangeroo Planter that you give in your to do list.
Giving it gives you the kangeroo pet.
Goal 7

nagmad
04-15-19, 08:37 PM
The fact that there are so few comments on the forum for this event seems to suggest that it is not that popular. Having thoroughly enjoyed the previous succulent events, I decided to give it a go. It has not been easy but I have reached stage 6. It takes 76 succulents to make one orange succulent globes. We have to make 5. With 8 plots and taking 90 minutes each grow, unless I sit on the game 24/7 I am not going to make it. I have not found any succulents in the newspaper or my neighbour?s shops, plenty of all the other items but no succulents. I have the 4 kits made, but they are of no use if I can?t make all the globes and hearts.

Looking at numbers I need 270 succulents to make 4 orange globes, with 22hrs to go, plus sleep in that, I have no hope, so frustrating to get close but know it?s not possible, I think many are in the same situation as to find succulents in the paper is extremely rare so not something you can count on to help.

Rynetory2
04-15-19, 11:40 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 1 week.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

RoyalBlue305
04-16-19, 12:19 PM
Still have to make 5 Globe. Ugh. Looks like I’m taking an L on this event.

doodlebug8
04-16-19, 04:12 PM
Oh my goodness, I just barely finished. If not for two people in the market selling two globes each today, I wouldn't have. I was 3 globes away and thought that I was done for because I hadn't seen any globes for sale until today and I had been checking the market daily like crazy. It's my own fault because I didn't realize for days into the event that the prices had considerably dropped from the previous succulent events and no one was interested in making extra items! And, for the first time I wasn't setting a timer for the plots because I was thinking, "It's no big deal, I'll just buy what I need later in the market." Wrong! LOL. I get why they changed the prices, but frankly, those outrages prices before made the previous two events more exciting to me.

I also just noticed today that my farm people have changed their clothes. Well, Lucas looks the same but everyone else has spring clothing on. Very nice detail.

WindermereBakery
04-16-19, 06:17 PM
Now that the event is over I am seeing a TON of succulents for sale in the newspaper. Where were they earlier lol

MagPieFarms
04-16-19, 06:43 PM
The succulents I had planted disappeared. Disappointing.

mmrl
04-16-19, 07:34 PM
Yes it is very disappointing to lose the succulent plants. I was hoping to keep a few in a corner somewhere.

Also I probably will not buy another succulent stand as I now have 3. We need more variety.

PookieBear50
04-16-19, 07:48 PM
May we PLEASE have the succulents we had growing restored? It was disappointing the first time flower plots became "path pieces", and it is going to be even more disappointing if we get that ridiculous and insufficient renaming of the plots a second time.

In fact, just give us ALL the succulents and flowers from past events back. I am sure new recipes can be created to accommodate all the "new" old flowers and succulents. It does not even have to be at a succulent stand...we have the Floral Shop, so can't there be new recipes there?

draughnc
04-16-19, 07:52 PM
Farm Story 2 is down for maintenance.

Rynetory2
04-16-19, 09:48 PM
Farm Story 2 is down for maintenance.

Mine is back up hours ago. Check yours.

fml999
04-16-19, 11:31 PM
I have a request for succulents from the train station. I harvested one and was able to replant. Are the succulents here to stay as a crop? Would be lovely if they were.

Disappeared an hour later so looks like I’ve answered my own question ��

KojiMama
04-17-19, 03:19 AM
Same question on succulents. I tried to sell my last of one type and it gave me that pop up about selling the last one or keeping to plant more. I’d like to empty my silo.

Rynetory2
04-17-19, 04:31 AM
The succulents I had planted disappeared. Disappointing.

Yes it is very disappointing to lose the succulent plants. I was hoping to keep a few in a corner somewhere.

May we PLEASE have the succulents we had growing restored?

No promises, I've sent in a request for them to let us keep the pretty succulents as decorations.

Lapetshop7
04-17-19, 05:33 AM
I just stored mine due to them being gone. Guess I should have waited awhile to see lol

No promises, I've sent in a request for them to let us keep the pretty succulents as decorations.

RoyalBlue305
04-17-19, 07:16 AM
I?ve sold the plots and listed all the plants in the market except for the cactus with the yellow flower. It prompted me with a warning message about selling the ?last one?. None of the others did this. I?m confused now. Should I not have sold the inactive plots or the other plants?

Rynetory2
04-17-19, 09:28 AM
I?ve sold the plots and listed all the plants in the market except for the cactus with the yellow flower. It prompted me with a warning message about selling the ?last one?. None of the others did this. I?m confused now. Should I not have sold the inactive plots or the other plants?

It's perfectly fine to sell them as event items have no functionality once the event has ended, other than being decorations which some players prefer to keep. Up to individuals. :)

F4irL4dy
04-17-19, 07:14 PM
No worries, I always do that and have been doing that for all event and update threads for years. :) However I can only do that if lower level players post to share the information on the forum. Without others posting, I can only add what I see in my game and my farm is at high level. I've added your info on peat moss for lower levels to Post 1.

Feel free to send me a pm if you have more off topic thread questions. Thanks.

Thankyou Rynetory2. I will try to post up what I get in each events for the lower levels. Was hoping the Storm8 team would give you so info on the events as you moderate the forums but alas they don't seem to do that. Thanks for the reply.

queens15
04-18-19, 12:37 AM
I completed the full event and received the kangaroo plushie and planter but not the kangaroo pet. Was there something else I should have done as it said the pet would come at the end of the event but mine hasn’t.

Rynetory2
04-18-19, 08:40 AM
I completed the full event and received the kangaroo plushie and planter but not the kangaroo pet. Was there something else I should have done as it said the pet would come at the end of the event but mine hasn’t.

The event was over days ago. Did you complete Goal 7 before the event ended? If yes, you should get your Kangaroo pet. Try restarting your device and scroll slowly down your cellar from beginning to the end to check.

Rynetory2
04-18-19, 08:44 AM
doesn't look like others have mentioned this much (except for post #78 but not sure if the order appeared before or after the event ended), but I've gotten 2 plane orders and 1 train order asking for succulents plants since the event ended......Can we please pass this on to the team to be fixed, please? :) thanks~

oh yeah, also, as i'm sure you've also noticed, even tho all the crafts became invisible after the events finished, all the succulents plants are still visible in the market, and i'm pretty sure the bots are NOT picking them up like other past event items. Typically I would put a bunch of things up for sale before I go to bed, and by the time I wake up, they'd all be bought out. But this morning, everything else was bought except for the 5 succulent plant lots :\....it's not a huge inconvenience, but just thought I'd mention it since the new event just started, and i'd really love to see Easter items in my newspaper instead of those (pretty) succulents....thanks ;)

update: up to 5 plane orders now....sigh

I?m still getting requests for the green spiky plants in plane and train deliveries, two days after the event ended.

I've moved your posts to the bug thread and replied you there.
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108260-Train-and-Warehouse-orders-ask-for-Succulent-from-Down-Under-event-items

b00mstick
04-19-19, 03:28 AM
I tap on the succulent plot, and nothing happens. I can plant flowers and crops just fine. Storm8 support refuses to help and I?m not sure what to do.

Rynetory2
04-19-19, 03:44 AM
Dont worry your game is working fine. These succulents plots were event items ("Succulents From Down Under") and they have turned into decorations now that the event was over. We wouldn't be able to use them. You can store them in your cellar by entering Edit mode.

barneyandbeau
04-19-19, 05:08 PM
It's perfectly fine to sell them as event items have no functionality once the event has ended, other than being decorations which some players prefer to keep. Up to individuals. :)

I just got a train with succulents on it! Guess I have to discard...

Rynetory2
04-22-19, 04:24 AM
I just got a train with succulents on it! Guess I have to discard...

FYI here's the bug thread on it. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?108260-Train-and-Warehouse-orders-ask-for-Succulent-from-Down-Under-event-items&p=1575362&viewfull=1#post1575362

Rynetory2
04-23-19, 05:06 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.