PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Smile for the Camera! - 2019 Mar 28 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
03-28-19, 12:02 PM
15 Day Goal - Smile for the Camera!
*Goal should end April 11, 2019*

Goal 1: Smile for the Camera!
Serve 8 Film Paper (16g to skip) *Typo - Serve=Buy*

- Wallpaper

- $8,000 each
Buy 12 Camera Case Floor (24g to skip)

- Floor Tiles

- $9,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - DSLR Oven - Appliance* *Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: Picture This!
Serve 3 DSLR Oven (4g to skip) *Typo - Serve = Build*

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $35,000 each

- 28 Purple Camera + 12 Orange Camera
Serve 15 Instant Cookies (30g to skip)

- 3 Hours
*Rewards: *$2,650, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Camera Cupcakes Recipe*

Goal 3: Completely in the Darkroom
Serve 15 Camera Cupcakes (30g to skip)

- 4 Hours
Buy 2 Security Camera (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $22,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Film Cakes Recipe*

Goal 4: Feeling Snippy
Serve 15 Film Cakes (45g to skip)

- 6 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Disposable Stove - Appliance*

Goal 5: Can't Lose Focus
Build 3 Disposable Stove (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $39,000 each

- 40 Green Camera + 32 Blue Camera
Serve 15 Camera Lens Coffee (15g to skip)

- 3 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - Flash Cookies Recipe*

Goal 6: See What's Developing
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Photo Counter (4g to skip)

- $15,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Hipster Camera Floor Deco*

Goal 7: See What Clicks
Serve 15 Flash Cookies (45g to skip)

- 8 Hours
Have 1 Hipster Camera (2g to skip)

- 1x1 Floor Deco

- $20,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - Tripod Treats Recipe*

Goal 8: Don't Be Negative
Have 4 Photo Table (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Photo Chair (8g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Darkroom Kit Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Looking for Exposure
Serve 12 Tripod Treats (60g to skip)

- 11 Hours
Have 1 Darkroom Kit (2g to skip)

- 3x3 Floor Deco

- $32,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Photography Studio*

Final Goal Prize:
Photography Studio, 4x4, 65 Gems

SIDE GOAL: Side Goal recipes are NOT dropping Collectibles.

Photography Fun Part One:
Serve 15 Turkish Delights (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 4 Hours *under Cookies tab*
Serve 15 Sparkling Cider (45g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 6 Hours *under Specialty tab*
Rewards: $1,950, 57 xp

Photography Fun Part Two:
Serve 20 Turkish Delights (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 20 Sparkling Cider (60g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

Rewards: $1,950, 57 xp

Photography Fun Part Three:
Serve 25 Turkish Delights (50g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 25 Sparkling Cider (75g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

Rewards: $1,950, 57 xp, 1 Free Water Garden

Final Side Goal Prize:
Water Garden, 2x2, 5 Gem Value (Limited Time Offer from April 05, 2012)

NEW GOAL ITEMS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50916

Side Goal Prize - original LTO release pic:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50814

MAIN GOAL CARDS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50930&d=1554264907

SIDE GOAL CARDS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50931&d=1554264916

April 05,2019 --> iOS 4 Day Value Pack Offer:
Vegetable Garden is a 2x2 Floor Deco, originally a 40 Gem LTO released on April 12, 2012.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50996

fluffyfoot
03-28-19, 12:28 PM
Looked ahead on my dock to see goal prizes. Once again, nothing to do with a bakery. Was really hoping for an Easter or spring goal. Or something bakery related. Thanks though to AnnirasSweets for always posting info:)

monstertop
03-28-19, 12:30 PM
Right on time! Looking forward to your update. Thank you(:

AuntyRose32
03-28-19, 12:41 PM
Really... we’re just entering Spring and we get black wall paper and black tiles. Nothing bright and fresh and airy, who comes up with this?

Natasha_07
03-28-19, 12:45 PM
Pretty dull for a Spring goal. :(

isa6jala3
03-28-19, 12:58 PM
Thank u so much again AnnirasSweets for all the info!

I was a bit afraid because Easter is yet to far away... So i hoped for a Nice spring related theme. I don't like the wallpaper, Floor or even the goalprizes... So i only go for the new ovens... I agree with Some others, who comes up with this stupid idea of a goal... Disapointing but hey we do have a choice to play or skip... Hoping for a great Easter goal in april!

Sebsmommy15
03-28-19, 01:11 PM
Not doing the side goal this time. I can focus on the main goals, I wish it was Spring-ish but oh well more recipes to master!

AnnirasSweets
03-28-19, 01:42 PM
I wasn't a fan of the camera items when they were released in RS a few years ago so it's no surprise that I'm not a fan of them now. I can't really see myself using any of these decos in my bakery ever which is rather sad.

It's honestly baffling me why they didn't go with a spring theme, there are so many ways you can take that theme and still have new ideas.

baker9081
03-28-19, 01:53 PM
Very disappointed with this goal. I was really looking forward to a spring related goal. Bummer.

Skippyjonjones22
03-28-19, 02:01 PM
Thank you AnnirasSweets for posting the goal information. Definitely not doing this goal. Finally a break. Would have loved an early spring goal. Better luck next time.

twospoons
03-28-19, 02:10 PM
I'll do the goal in my at-this-point typical fashion, which is to say without caring whether I actually finish or not. I too wanted a happy spring theme.

On the bright side, I was just thinking that I needed one more water garden in my 2nd bakery, so I guess I'll do the side goal there.

AuntyRose32
03-28-19, 02:12 PM
It's honestly baffling me why they didn't go with a spring theme, there are so many ways you can take that theme and still have new ideas.

Exactly. Spring has endless material for goals. I feel bad complaining because something is better than nothing. I think I was just not ready for all the black today. Thanks for all you do, appreciate the work.

atrekker1
03-28-19, 03:35 PM
Thanks, for the info. I’ll use screen shots, but I hope they can fix this☹️

Jojocl141587
03-28-19, 03:37 PM
50853 50855 50856 50858 50860

catprint
03-28-19, 04:13 PM
Thank you for the goal post and information :)

Agreeing with almost everyone else here: disappointed that we didn't get a cute spring goal. The only good thing I can say about this goal is that it's more recipes to master. I don't like anything else about it. Lol.

35sweets
03-28-19, 07:51 PM
Thank you AnnirasSweets for all the work you do putting up the goal information so quickly. It is greatly appreciated.

hanniebees
03-28-19, 08:22 PM
ṭһ?ṅҡ ʏọȗ ṡıṡ ғọŗ Ŀєṭṭıṅɢ ṃє ҡṅọẇ, ı ɞєєṅ ẇ?ıṭıṅɢ ғọŗ ṭһıṡ Ŀ?ṡṭ ṅıɢһṭ ṭһєṅı ғєĿĿ?ṡĿєєƿ😊

fluffyfoot
03-28-19, 08:58 PM
Does the drop rate on this goal seem slower to anyone? It was always frustrating that collectibles didn’t drop each time I made a recipe on a goal oven, but this time I counted. I started the 1st recipe and then stored the oven so I could get it back out and restart recipe to get more collectibles. I did this 10 times. 4 of those times nothing dropped. One time 2 collectibles dropped. One collectible dropped the other 5 times. That’s ridiculously low.

therainbowscafe
03-28-19, 10:58 PM
Thank you for the info!
Enjoy your day

tahitii
03-29-19, 04:53 AM
Can we please have a seasonal goal with a nature related reward instead of always getting scenes with characters? I don't see the point of this kind of goals

dontidae
03-29-19, 09:23 AM
Agreed. What?s up with black in springtime? The lack of creativity from the design team is severely disturbing.
Well, I hate a cluttered bakery so I have plenty of recipes to master still and so although I am disappointed in the new goal (not only am I not interested because I wanted spring- aside from the fact I don?t even LIKE ANY of the new items- WHY would I want a bunch of camera stuff in my bakery?? IT?S A BAKERY!!!!), I am actually relieved to take the time off from the stressful job that goals have become and relax for a bit!

my607
03-29-19, 01:12 PM
This games is just horrible my light bulb doesn’t drop especially the one I need. This game has become very unenjoyable it’s just everything. It’s not the same as it used to be.

sehana
03-29-19, 04:09 PM
I would have liked to see "Film Roll Ups" :) (eg Fruit roll ups)

AnnirasSweets
03-29-19, 05:18 PM
Agreed. What?s up with black in springtime? The lack of creativity from the design team is severely disturbing.
Well, I hate a cluttered bakery so I have plenty of recipes to master still and so although I am disappointed in the new goal (not only am I not interested because I wanted spring- aside from the fact I don?t even LIKE ANY of the new items- WHY would I want a bunch of camera stuff in my bakery?? IT?S A BAKERY!!!!), I am actually relieved to take the time off from the stressful job that goals have become and relax for a bit!

I'm usually pretty good at ignoring the decor items that I don't like and coming up with interesting ways to use items that seem absurd at first glance. But even I have to admit these ones are a bit harder to do anything with. While I would've much preferred something colorful and bright, I'm trying to focus on the bright side which, for me, is getting 6 new recipes. Let's all hope that the next goal is more on par with what we were wanting this time.

I would have liked to see "Film Roll Ups" :) (eg Fruit roll ups)

That's an adorable idea! I really wish they would start doing those forum contests again where we players could submit ideas for new items, I see so many great ideas that would work wonderfully in the game.

Natasha_07
03-29-19, 05:38 PM
Even when I don't like a goal set theme, I like at least 1 item out of all but this goal I don't like anything at all. This looks like it could belong in Fashion Story! :(

ikawaiipanda
03-30-19, 04:22 AM
Wow, that side prize is REALLY disappointing. That water garden is something that I've seen in multiple amounts in some people's bakeries. The fact that we will only be rewarded one of them through this side goal is just sad. 5 would have been nice...considering that this isn't a new item.

annalimanada
03-30-19, 06:40 AM
I don't like this goal either.
I want bakery stuff, pink or green or yellow, fresh colors. And things like pie counters, flowers or plants. More animals, dogs and cats! Or stuff you see in a real bakery. Never seen a photostudio in a bakery before.

Facht
03-30-19, 08:35 AM
Even when I don't like a goal set theme, I like at least 1 item out of all but this goal I don't like anything at all. This looks like it could belong in Fashion Story! :(

I think the security camera, the hipster camera and the floor tiles do belong to Fashion Story...

I too dislike the items in this goal, both the prizes and the items u have to buy to achive it...
But on another point of view it's positive for me, cause I need to gain so much more money in order to expand my bakery...
So now I'll just focus on unlocking the first 3 recipes, both to have some new to master, and to have something to do instead of just doing the red velvet cakes over and over and...
I will probably skip the other three, because I dont want to spend to much unneccesary money.

By the way, I bought yellow tiles and green wallpapers instead of the tiles and the wallpapers in the goal. It worked just as well, and I saved alot of money...

Nuri_cookies
03-30-19, 05:59 PM
I think goals have become very expensive and stressful. Even, the side goals are boring, the same two recipes over and over again, and it doesn't drop parts, so... I really liked this game before. Why don't the developers read this forum?

fluffyfoot
03-31-19, 07:47 AM
I think goals have become very expensive and stressful. Even, the side goals are boring, the same two recipes over and over again, and it doesn't drop parts, so... I really liked this game before. Why don't the developers read this forum?

I have a hard time believing that people involved in the game actually read the forum. If they do, they are doing the exact opposite of what players suggest. Newer and long time players have all expressed disappointment over how the game has changed. Players have also repeatedly asked for more Bakery related or seasonal goals. What do we get instead? Black wallpaper in Spring. If we are lucky enough to get a holiday related goal they usually start really close to the actual holiday. By the time you get the prize, the holiday is over within a day or two. I think they are phasing this game out like they did Fashion Story. Nothing new on that game in several years.

Naya2017
03-31-19, 05:07 PM
The last two goals before this were fantastic and I thought we were on the right track - even assumed they'd brought in a new artist, but the cameras on the recipe items are too large and look...kitsch? The colours also fail to work - black cameras don't go on pastel cakes. Hopefully we'll get prettier recipes next time. I do appreciate the wallpaper though - it's not spring-themed per se, but it actually works relatively well as a background offset for the green and white desserts I've been putting out. As long as you're only papering a part of your bakery they work fine.

Bakerling
03-31-19, 10:05 PM
Can you spot the difference?

HIPSTER CAMERA is Different. The Camera Flash is on left side of camera.

50911 The camera flash is on right side of the camera.

AnnirasSweets
04-01-19, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it's odd and what's worse is that the camera in Fashion Story is the same way. Just goes to show that they straight copy and pasted from one game to another without bothering to make any alterations or adjustments, lol.

Naya2017
04-01-19, 05:25 PM
Does anyone already have images/screenshots from the second appliance? Curious to see what the recipes look like.

Bakerling
04-02-19, 01:07 AM
Recipes in Disposable Stove

Bakerling
04-02-19, 08:08 AM
The Size of the Hipster Camera is the same as the photographer kneeling down!

50915 so funny ��

Naya2017
04-02-19, 10:50 AM
Thanks Bakerling! The camera lens coffee is hideous, the other two are decent.

Magikkgal
04-02-19, 05:57 PM
I guess I am in the minority here. I really like this goal. Yes, that little itty bitty camera as a decor item is a joke, but the cakes are nice and large, as opposed to some recipes that are flat and atrocious looking. Ok, there are those flat cookies, but even so.. And there are themed restaurants with photos and film as their theme. Anyway, that is just my opinion. I have combined the new photo stuff with the Spring items that I have had in storage. I do appreciate differing opinions on goals. Enjoying the game is the main thing. It is nice when discussions result in beautiful, varied designs�� Happy Spring, everyone��

AnnirasSweets
04-02-19, 09:17 PM
I've had players ask for the Goal Cards themselves:

Main Goal:

Side Goal:

I've added them to the first post behind a spoiler bar like I do the goal images. I'm not sure if I should start including these in the main goal post from now on or not. Personally, I just don't see what the cards add to the information post that's not already there but perhaps I'm overlooking something? Thoughts?

gabbysmom87
04-02-19, 10:03 PM
What is going on with all these weird goals? The tea ones were good but other than that, I can't remember a goal I've liked in a while. I just do them for the gems. ��*♀️

TwixAndScones
04-03-19, 12:45 AM
No offence, but I do not like the goal.
I should do the goal, to At least earn some more gem, but I been sick as late, so I already miss like 4-5 day. I only have 9 day left, so I do not think I will finish in time if I do start. Anyway I Off topic.

I already have the side goal prize - 57 of them. I buy all from last year.

I might do the side goal, because then I would have 58. So good.

SBDOVER72
04-03-19, 10:21 PM

Main Goal:

Side Goal:

I've added them to the first post behind a spoiler bar like I do the goal images. I'm not sure if I should start including these in the main goal post from now on or not. Personally, I just don't see what the cards add to the information post that's not already there but perhaps I'm overlooking something? Thoughts?

Thanks AnnirasSweets for the addition of Main Goal & Side Goal Cards you provided in post #1. Very helpful to have them together in one place. Hope you continue doing this. And as always thanks for all the hard work you do with the goal info. I'm sure I can speak for everyone who rely on you to stay on top of completing goals on time. Thanks again.

* Cross posted in RS *

kayjco
04-04-19, 02:47 AM
Photography & baking are my two hobbies. I don't know much about photography, but do have a DSLR camera and what would seem (to me, anyway) to be a ridiculous amount of lenses, which most picture-type people call "glass". But you NEED different lenses to take different kinds of pics. So there's that.

I wouldn't want a photography section of my bakery permanently, but I have a small corner in the bakery that I change up with each goal. I'd love to have done a photography one.

But I know I won't be able to finish this goal & that totally bums me out. It wouldn't be a Goal Corner Of Photography. It would be a Goal Corner Of Disappointment.

When will Storm8 realize that making people associate disappointment with their product won't lead to big profits? If it doesn't work, don't do MORE of it, for crying out loud.

dgjfhdhgb
04-04-19, 07:16 AM
Such a shame, was looking forward to a Easter/spring themed goal. Why is it so hard to for them to give us seasonally appropriate goals 😩

catprint
04-04-19, 02:47 PM

Main Goal:

Side Goal:

The added benefit that I can think of is if people quickly tap through the cards and don?t read them, whether by accident or on purpose because they?re in a hurry to start serving food: they could come back here and read the story/lore/text etc later. That seems to be the only distinguishable difference between the cards and the infopic you post at be bottom of the goal text. Idk if anyone else feels like this, but it seems to me that people like choices to be there whether they act on it or not.

I personally think the info pic and the way you structure posts already, is perfect. But if you feel like adding the cards, my thought is, ?sure y not??.

AnnirasSweets
04-04-19, 04:38 PM
The added benefit that I can think of is if people quickly tap through the cards and don?t read them, whether by accident or on purpose because they?re in a hurry to start serving food: they could come back here and read the story/lore/text etc later. That seems to be the only distinguishable difference between the cards and the infopic you post at be bottom of the goal text. Idk if anyone else feels like this, but it seems to me that people like choices to be there whether they act on it or not.

I personally think the info pic and the way you structure posts already, is perfect. But if you feel like adding the cards, my thought is, ?sure y not??.

LOL, that's pretty much what my thoughts on the matter were as well. I mean, I've already got the cards just sitting in my email so it's not a big deal to just paste them together and post them - so why not. After thinking it over, I've also realized it might be helpful for those who aren't comfortable with English to see the visual cards of future tasks rather than have to read and translate my write up. So, I guess from now on there will be extra images added to the bottom of the first posts.

AnnirasSweets
04-05-19, 01:14 PM
This week's iOS Value Pack Offer:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50996&d=1554495250

The Vegetable Garden is a 2x2 Floor Deco that was originally offered as an LTO for 40 gems in the April 12, 2012 update.

Naya2017
04-06-19, 02:28 PM
The vegetable garden's very appealing, but if I had to pay cash for it, I would've liked it to come with some gems instead of parts, since I've almost finished building.

Sugar2212
04-08-19, 07:31 PM
The goal was pretty ok but, the recipes has been having the same amount of cook time for three goals and i feel we are just doing the same over and over again. Also the appliances parts are just too much cant we just add 8 or 10 like it was before? Aside that I really enjoyed the Camara goal I hope you can improve this Thank you for reading

TwixAndScones
04-11-19, 02:19 AM
The vegetable garden's very appealing, but if I had to pay cash for it, I would've liked it to come with some gems instead of parts, since I've almost finished building.

You are right. In my opinion

I wish the value pack would start at the goal. Here to hope!!!

Sebsmommy15
04-11-19, 05:28 AM
I BARELY unlocked the 3rd recipe for the 2nd oven just a few mins ago. I was more concerned about not having all 6 unlocked recipes than the main prize. Good thing I don’t care as much about it as other goals. Now I can sleep! Lol

xOxSparklingShimmerxOx
04-16-19, 12:42 PM
I didn?t get to complete it bc the goal wasn?t that long ugh 😑 now I got so many parts that I can?t even use on the new oven since now it?s locked