PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon - Neo Ophiuchus Dragon (Mar 15 2019)

deadpixel
03-15-19, 08:00 PM
https://i.ibb.co/j6LV1tN/Neo-Ophiuchus-Baby.png

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Zodiac, Diamond https://i.ibb.co/BGZ28MM/Zodiac30px.png https://i.ibb.co/k2BpdGC/Diamond30px.png
Habitat: Zodiac Zone, Diamond Fields
Available at: Level 40
Buying Price: 1,800 https://image.ibb.co/eZGNB9/Gold20px.png
Selling Price: 100 https://image.ibb.co/gYGiJp/Coin20px.png

Breeding Combination: Black and Green https://image.ibb.co/i9GQyp/Black30px.png https://i.ibb.co/ZNSBXRs/Green30px.png
Breeding & Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 https://image.ibb.co/jQ6NB9/Exp20px.png

There are 27 possible outcomes, all long :blue: The shortest of the failures is an 8-hour, Godmother Dragon and the longest is a 25-hour Penumbra Dragon; to make matters worse, there is a 19-hour failure too in the form of the Hunter Dragon. Even with breeding and hatching boosts, this is an expensive dragon to attempt with speed breeding.

Good luck to all trying for this.

cosmolife
03-15-19, 11:00 PM
Ooooo noooo! I was so happy that first try I got 19 hours! Came here to ask about it, if there were other 19 hr fails in the midst, and there is :blue: I don’t have any boost to speed it up to see what I have.

That’s another thing I want to ask too. How come the bingo rewards give really weird stuff. Like for the last week and also this week, the rewards are food and nest boosts. I want and need evo boosts, and breeding boosts too. But there’s none in bingo. How weird :confused:

I don’t remember how I got evo and breeding boosts from before.. but I’ve got none left and don’t know where to get more from.. :confused:

mymonta
03-15-19, 11:16 PM
Ooooo noooo! I was so happy that first try I got 19 hours! Came here to ask about it, if there were other 19 hr fails in the midst, and there is :blue: I don’t have any boost to speed it up to see what I have.

That’s another thing I want to ask too. How come the bingo rewards give really weird stuff. Like for the last week and also this week, the rewards are food and nest boosts. I want and need evo boosts, and breeding boosts too. But there’s none in bingo. How weird :confused:

I don’t remember how I got evo and breeding boosts from before.. but I’ve got none left and don’t know where to get more from.. :confused:

You get different rewards from Bingo depending on which league you are in. Figure out which league you are in.

mymonta
03-15-19, 11:16 PM
I don't mind a Hunter dragon.

glenngenius
03-16-19, 06:41 AM
Oh my goodness, I need this dragon.
1st try - Atlantis
2nd try - Healer
3rd try - dreaded Poison :(

Edit: so I decided to use some boosts and gold and I got tons of poison, coral, and neo bubble fails, islands, seafarer, and a couple of serpents and atlantis. The only takeaway fail from all these fails was dark angel (I was hoping for a black diamond or gossamer since I don't have one yet but I'll take it)

I guess I'll stop using gold and speeding up and just do normal breeding for this dragon.

cosmolife
03-16-19, 06:29 PM
OMG did I get it??? Can’t find pic of egg anywhere so I’m just going to think happy thoughts that I’ve got it :tickled_pink:

Yikes. Have to build habitat for it!

deadpixel
03-16-19, 06:50 PM
OMG did I get it??? Can’t find pic of egg anywhere so I’m just going to think happy thoughts that I’ve got it :tickled_pink:

CONGRATS! That was fantastically lucky! :D

If you don’t have a Zodiac Zone ready, consider a small 2x2 Diamond Field; they’re small and four of them occupy the same space as the large Shimmering Shrine, hold the same number of Diamond types, give the same number of coins but cost coins instead of gold :)

glenngenius
03-16-19, 08:03 PM
OMG did I get it??? Can?t find pic of egg anywhere so I?m just going to think happy thoughts that I?ve got it :tickled_pink:

Whoa, congratulations!!!! What combo did you use? :)

mymonta
03-16-19, 09:14 PM
Congratulations cosmolife! 😀

cosmolife
03-17-19, 07:57 AM
Awww thanks guys! :love_heart:

Probably beginners luck. Was the first try and I thought for sure I got the other 19 hour dragon. I used Night + Forest.

I actually worried at first, thinking I couldn’t afford to buy the habitat for it and the egg would be sitting on the nest for days. But thank goodness the diamonds habitat is only 100,000 coins. Phew!

Is it a good dragon? It being a diamond. I’m still trying to win bingo tickets to craft my first diamond, but only have 100 tickets so far. Should I focus all my food on this dragon and get it to level 15?

deadpixel
03-17-19, 10:00 AM
Awww thanks guys! :love_heart:

Probably beginners luck. Was the first try and I thought for sure I got the other 19 hour dragon. I used Night + Forest.

I actually worried at first, thinking I couldn’t afford to buy the habitat for it and the egg would be sitting on the nest for days. But thank goodness the diamonds habitat is only 100,000 coins. Phew!

Is it a good dragon? It being a diamond. I’m still trying to win bingo tickets to craft my first diamond, but only have 100 tickets so far. Should I focus all my food on this dragon and get it to level 15?

I hope I'm not bursting your bubble, but I won't lie to you. Beyond my compulsion to complete the set, the Zodiac element has never been one of my favorites for use in battles. I have the Astromancer Dragon, which is a Zodiac-Diamond hybrid dragon, at level 15, and it barely holds its own against opponents of lower levels :mad: The only times I use it in fights is when a Bingo task calls for a battle using the Zodiac element.

deadpixel
03-17-19, 11:13 AM
Ha! Haven't managed to breed this yet, nor get any result with a 19-hour timer, but I did manage to get a Troll Dragon, something that I wasn't able to get the first time it was released.

ghostiemom
03-17-19, 11:51 AM
Got Gossamer trying for this, with Quetzal and Black Diamond. :)

mymonta
03-17-19, 03:09 PM
Got Gossamer trying for this, with Quetzal and Black Diamond. :)

Nice! Congrats!

cosmolife
03-17-19, 05:13 PM
I hope I'm not bursting your bubble, but I won't lie to you. Beyond my compulsion to complete the set, the Zodiac element has never been one of my favorites for use in battles. I have the Astromancer Dragon, which is a Zodiac-Diamond hybrid dragon, at level 15, and it barely holds its own against opponents of lower levels :mad: The only times I use it in fights is when a Bingo task calls for a battle using the Zodiac element.

Oh no that’s not good. So I shouldn’t waste food on it then? Maybe evolve it to 4 so I can use it to breed?

What do you think of the Huntress? I just crafted her from the last event. Is she good to level up to 15?

pod5124cra
03-18-19, 05:30 PM
Congrats to anyone who gets this I have never been able to breed a Neo dragon after the very first one’s came out and I got one only.
Nothing but the stupid Island.

Rfs04
03-19-19, 02:28 PM
Oh no that?s not good. So I shouldn?t waste food on it then? Maybe evolve it to 4 so I can use it to breed?

What do you think of the Huntress? I just crafted her from the last event. Is she good to level up to 15?

I use an Android tablet, so my battle results may be different than yours if you use IOS...
As to Zodiac dragons, I only have Leo. It's level 9 cause I find him expensive to feed for the limited times I'd use him for battles. But when I do, he usually wins. Reading posts here, it seems that for any given dragon, it may be great in battles for you and another player has a dud. I read alot about this being the case with Dark dragon. So you may want to raise it to a 7,8,9 depending on food needed and try that in non tourny battles when zodiac is in use list and see how yours fared, then decide if it's worth feeding more.

But definitely get it to level 4 to breed. Then you can use it to try for the easier hybrids like crusader or quetzal. But with added zodiac colors it will be harder to get those with longer fail times than using pure diamond, but its bettr than no tries, I think.

Your other part of question about raising to level 15... for my tourneys I have only 3 dragons to level 15...diamond,metal and glasswing (who isn't a great fighter for me so I fed her in hopes). My other used alot dragons are mostly 14 with a few 13s and 12s. Huntress is a 13 and fights pretty well at that level but I use cleric, Light Mother, Dread Captain more since they're my 14s. So you may want to feed to 13 or better 14 to start with to save some apples. I do have a bunch of champs to vary in battles so 14s work for me but if you have only huntress, you may eventually find it bettr to get to 15,

Good Luck and enjoy those new dragons :)

mymonta
03-19-19, 07:04 PM
Well color me shocked! One of my accounts actually got this dragon using simple Forest and Night combo. I usually can't breed a Neo to save my life, so I am very surprised and will be satisfied having it only one account and not both.

PuntaMita
03-19-19, 07:11 PM
Well color me shocked! One of my accounts actually got this dragon using simple Forest and Night combo. I usually can't breed a Neo to save my life, so I am very surprised and will be satisfied having it only one account and not both.
Congratulations! Well done😊

deadpixel
03-19-19, 07:37 PM

Congrats! :)

Still trying on my islands but may have to craft it when and if it becomes available.

orson32
03-20-19, 07:33 PM
Have not had much luck getting the neo zodiacs but got this one second try using Hunter and Dawntree..what a shock..

lnztrekfan
03-21-19, 06:44 PM
No luck yet. Been trying nonstop for this one but just got another poison fail.

cosmolife
03-21-19, 09:23 PM
I use an Android tablet, so my battle results may be different than yours if you use IOS...
As to Zodiac dragons, I only have Leo. It's level 9 cause I find him expensive to feed for the limited times I'd use him for battles. But when I do, he usually wins. Reading posts here, it seems that for any given dragon, it may be great in battles for you and another player has a dud. I read alot about this being the case with Dark dragon. So you may want to raise it to a 7,8,9 depending on food needed and try that in non tourny battles when zodiac is in use list and see how yours fared, then decide if it's worth feeding more.

But definitely get it to level 4 to breed. Then you can use it to try for the easier hybrids like crusader or quetzal. But with added zodiac colors it will be harder to get those with longer fail times than using pure diamond, but its bettr than no tries, I think.

Your other part of question about raising to level 15... for my tourneys I have only 3 dragons to level 15...diamond,metal and glasswing (who isn't a great fighter for me so I fed her in hopes). My other used alot dragons are mostly 14 with a few 13s and 12s. Huntress is a 13 and fights pretty well at that level but I use cleric, Light Mother, Dread Captain more since they're my 14s. So you may want to feed to 13 or better 14 to start with to save some apples. I do have a bunch of champs to vary in battles so 14s work for me but if you have only huntress, you may eventually find it bettr to get to 15,

Good Luck and enjoy those new dragons :)

Thank you so much for your tips and advice! Very helpful :love_heart:

I have so many questions! What should I breed with this neo ophiuchus please? To get crusader and quetzal .

Diamond and metal sound like very good investments to feed up. I?m very close to having all the bingo tickets to craft my first diamond. I?ll get both diamond and metal to 15. As for the huntress, she took my breath away! She?s only 4 now and just for giggles, I was failing in the arena so I thought I?d chuck her in just for fun. OMG the baby huntress actually won several times, over level 14 dragons! I?m going to focus all my food on her. Yikes so much food needed

deadpixel
03-21-19, 10:12 PM
Thank you so much for your tips and advice! Very helpful :love_heart:

I have so many questions! What should I breed with this neo ophiuchus please? To get crusader and quetzal .

Diamond and metal sound like very good investments to feed up. I?m very close to having all the bingo tickets to craft my first diamond. I?ll get both diamond and metal to 15. As for the huntress, she took my breath away! She?s only 4 now and just for giggles, I was failing in the arena so I thought I?d chuck her in just for fun. OMG the baby huntress actually won several times, over level 14 dragons! I?m going to focus all my food on her. Yikes so much food needed

Breeding your Neo Ophiucus Dragon with a Fire Dragon will give you the best chance of either a Crusader or Ridgeback Dragon. The presence of the Zodiac element will also give you chances at the Gold, Mercury, Beryl, Anubis, Gossamer and Astromancer Diamond hybrids.

Pairing up with a Forest Dragon will give you a chance for the Quetzal Dragon as well as the other Diamond hybrids listed with the Crusader and Ridgeback.

That being said, there are almost 50 other non-Diamond hybrids that you are more than likely to encounter when you use the Neo Ophiuchus as one of your breeding pairs. Instead, to cut down on these frustrating possibilities, breed your upcoming Neo Diamond with Fire and Forest repeatedly for the Ridgeback, Crusader and Quetzal dragons. You will experience failures with these three too, but at least they will be very quick ones; 10 and 20-second failures.

ecxtasy
03-24-19, 05:57 AM
Does anyone know how long this one is breedable for?

deadpixel
04-01-19, 09:37 AM
This dragon is still listed as breedable in the codex. Is it really?

ecxtasy
04-03-19, 01:36 AM
Passion dragon is still listed as breedable in the codex too but I'm guessing it is no longer. I wish there was a way to really know what is and is not breedable.