PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Champions of Myth - 2019 Mar 15 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
03-14-19, 10:07 PM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50539

Event Schedule
Event is live from March 15 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the Storm8 time zone.

How to play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463689&viewfull=1#post1463689

Event Boost
Goddess Flower - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Titan Tulip - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Crowdin
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Electricutie
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Megara
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Asgard
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - Greek Griffin
6,000 points - Dracomancer

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50570

Rank Prizes
1st - Siren, Gold trophy
2nd - Siren, Silver trophy
3rd - Bronze trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prizes can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
Shocking Story
Goal 1:
Hatch a Crowdin
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2:
Raise your Crowdin to level 3
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 3:
Raise your Crowdin to level 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Silverrain1
03-15-19, 01:59 PM
How come my accounts always end up together lol. Makes for a fun round, last time I kept wondering who was knocking me down the board - it was me lol.
Anyway, first spin is the much needed runes. I?ll be able to expand soon...

mymonta
03-15-19, 02:55 PM
How come my accounts always end up together lol. Makes for a fun round, last time I kept wondering who was knocking me down the board - it was me lol.

You are such a dreamer! And funny, too! (oh, after seeing another one of your posts, I see that you have a second account now, so you actually *Can* use Runes. I thought you were still landlocked on your old account.)

I'm so dumb, but I don't know what else to do - I am down to 2 farms! I couldn't resist buying another habitat as I had a Garnet Griffin and a Hippocampus looking for homes. So, now they will starve to death, but at least they have shelter! Lol!

Someone in my group already has 8,792 points. :O

The more I look at the final prize, the more I do like it, even though I previously posted that it looks like the Echidnebula. I mean, it does, but the pearls and extra details make it very nice and different enough to want. But I don't imagine I have much chance of getting it.

Well, since there is no monthly creature to try to obtain, at least we don't have to hatch all of our milestone animals now.

paulmiddle
03-15-19, 03:57 PM
Very pleased I’ll be able to sell my Greek griffin from the ugly corner and leave it in storage, liking the look of the dragon so I’m going to give this a try.

oficeandfire
03-15-19, 05:59 PM
We just had 3 of these animals not that long ago ugh...

paulmiddle
03-16-19, 01:28 AM
I don’t mind the repeat animals, gives a chance to get ones you missed, anyway I don’t have room. The habitat is welcome too.

littelprince0313
03-16-19, 03:15 AM
Did someone buy the new habitat (Asgard)? So i could take a look at it

silverdovex
03-16-19, 07:06 AM
I love the habitat!! gives us a chance to properly distinguish between our Greek and Norse myth animals ...

baby dracomancer is adorable too

Sugarcat5
03-16-19, 10:14 AM

That happened to me too this time! Last dragon story LB both my accounts were put together and now it's happened here. Not really that happy about it. Don't know if I can take top two spots with my accounts.

Sugarcat5
03-16-19, 10:26 AM

I have it...u r welcome to visit my forest to take a look. It's on the really big island and it's between mount Olympus and mythic mesa. Those habitats are all the way at the end and are in the last of the spots we were able to expand to b4 being landlocked. I don't know if that makes sense or not. There are a whole bunch of habitats scrunched together on the big island and then there is a strip of unexpandable spots(trees) and then those habitats are under the strip of trees. I wish I could draw u a map...lol. I have maregonna, sea serpent, sunrise drake and papillion in the asgard habitat.

Silverrain1
03-16-19, 05:48 PM
Mymonta - I was being funny, the runes were on the account that I?m landlocked in! I have 1400 runes waiting to be used.
Well, I?m currebtly 17th! Points arent to bad as first place only has about 4500, I?m not bring out any of the creatures that usually boost your points, can?t risk it. No space! I had a water/nature critter on my nest and it said something like no habitat types available. So I?ll not be hatching for a while, I?ll probs be stuck very low on the leaderboard!
All the best to you all playing.

Silverrain1
03-16-19, 05:51 PM
That happened to me too this time! Last dragon story LB both my accounts were put together and now it's happened here. Not really that happy about it. Don't know if I can take top two spots with my accounts.

It?s now happened several times to me! I know what you mean, you can?t really give it your all when it?s your own accounts you?re competing with!

mymonta
03-16-19, 06:10 PM
Speaking of accounts ending up together, I am in a group with 3 jmataris. 🤔
Anyway, I obviously have no chance at the Siren, so it looks like I'll be saving a lot of gems I would have spent on boosts.
There are also about 1100 gems worth of critters I'd like to buy in the current sale, but since you can't buy them and store them (they have to go straight on the nest), I have no room for them, so I guess I saved myself $35! Thank you Storm8!

mymonta
03-16-19, 11:51 PM

I'm confused. The milestone habitat we will receive is Asgard. It's probably in the habitat guide. It holds 4 animals, dark, leaf, and I think fire. The new habitat we buy as part of a quad is the Underworld Fissure which holds 5 dark, leaf, and Mythic animals. However, I didn't see it at first and bought the Desert Oasis thinking it was part of the quad, but it isn't. It holds five mythic, lightning and earth. I like it better than the Fissure, so I might not worry about collecting the quad. I really don't want that one with the tall mountain/boulder looking thingy, anyway.

deadpixel
03-20-19, 08:11 PM
Things have been unusually quiet in the Leaderboard I'm on.

I'm ahead at 5,991 purely because of the early speed-breeding failures while trying for the Aristowl; I was speed-breeding Lightning and Fire, but I now suspect that the ability to breed with common elements had not been switched on till Monday.

The closest competitor on the LB I'm on is only at 3,409, and the others are all below the 3,000 mark. Perhaps now that the 50% off for boosts has be***, the mad race will start. I won't be joining in if it does since I'm happy with just the habitat and the final milestone creature, which I should be getting in the next collection :)

Rynetory2
03-21-19, 11:54 PM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 1 week.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

PookieBearsGirl
03-22-19, 07:37 AM
As always, I loved being able to get animals I missed before and a free habitat. :D I just made it to 6,000 points and I just...ugh.
I was very excited when I logged on at the start of this months events to see it was Mythic animals. Unfortunately, we didn't get our monthly animal, but I'm okay with not having to hatch unnecessary ones to get it.
But mostly, I was super excited for the Leaderboard event. I'm eh with the dragon --- like it's cute! But it's not breathtaking. And the grand prize animal...fish...alien...lizard...thing...? I don't know what that it. I like its general design...hate the pearls. This is more flappers era than Greek/Roman/Norse mythology. I wanted to love it but I'm, yet again, disappointed in the design. It's always this one little thing that makes me dislike something.

Still my favourite event though :)

jmatarii
03-22-19, 04:07 PM
Hi.

Egg and all forms of Siren.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50705
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50706

Best regards.

mymonta
03-22-19, 05:13 PM
I actually really like the Siren and am disappointed that I didn't have any hope of getting her. She is definitely a recolor and the addition of some pearls to the Echidnebula, though. I thought Echidnebula was prettty, but I like the Siren's coloring even more. I don't know what it is supposed to be though, like Pookiebearsgirl said. An Echidna is a spiny anteater, so it definitely doesn't look like the Echidna. As much as i don't really want human forms in my Fantasy Forest, some sort of fairy would have been more appropriate for a Siren as they were supposed to be beautiful women with beautiful singing voices who lured sailors to their deaths. (Really, do we need evil creatures in our Forest now?) But the developers used their imaginations and made a cool critter that only 10% of players can ever attain. Cool.

deadpixel
03-23-19, 01:58 AM
<Snip...> As much as i don't really want human forms in my Fantasy Forest, some sort of fairy would have been more appropriate for a Siren as they were supposed to be beautiful women with beautiful singing voices who lured sailors to their deaths. (Really, do we need evil creatures in our Forest now?) But the developers used their imaginations and made a cool critter that only 10% of players can ever attain. Cool.

My thoughts exactly. They did such an excellent job with the Porcelain Fairy; they should have modeled the Siren after her, perhaps changing the dress to a fish body.

Instead, we got a sea slug :blue:

Rynetory2
03-23-19, 02:06 AM
I held my position for days only to lose out to a sniper at last minutes, ended up without Siren.

The sniper player was in lowest ranks throughout the event. Of course he could had increase his points at the last hour so others knew he was out for the top prize but no, he rather silently snaked in at the last few minutes. Clearly a fair fight was not his intentions!

Tis sad to see the downside of human nature in such events. :(

deadpixel
03-23-19, 02:21 AM
I held my position for days only to lose out to a sniper at last minutes, ended up without Siren.

The sniper player was in lowest ranks throughout the event. Of course he could had increase his points at the last hour so others knew he was out for the top prize but no, he rather silently snaked in at the last few minutes. Clearly a fair fight was not his intentions!

Sorry that this happend to you :(   I know the feeling only too well cause it happens all the time in DS' Bingo.

However, I think that such a person is unlikely to do much in the real world. Their courage stems from their ability to hide behind their mobile devices :p

As for me, I was able to get the first prize without a fight because no one else was remotely interested in the LB, not even the final milestone prize. I ended up with only 6,100 points because I'd stopped playing the LB a full day before its close to make sure my bases were loaded for a headstart in the WE. The guy in second place only had 5,000 points and the one in third, 4,100.

Rynetory2
03-23-19, 02:42 AM
Sorry that this happend to you :(   I know the feeling only too well cause it happens all the time in DS' Bingo.

However, I think that such a person is unlikely to do much in the real world. Their courage stems from their ability to hide behind their mobile devices :p

As for me, I was able to get the first prize without a fight because no one else was remotely interested in the LB, not even the final milestone prize. I ended up with only 6,100 points because I'd stopped playing the LB a full day before its close to make sure my bases were loaded for a headstart in the WE. The guy in second place only had 5,000 points and the one in third, 4,100.

Awww thanks! And Congrats on getting your Siren! You did well! :)

My group wasn't extremely competitive, I held first place for several days with nearly 11K, and another fair player overtook me 2 days ago. I was ok with 2nd place as I wasn't bother with the trophy. I didn't overtake him though I could, as I thought he wanted the gold trophy and I only wanted the Siren. Who knew the sniper would sneak in and pushed me to the 3rd place. It doesn't pay to play fair or be kind. Oh well at least my conscience is clear.

If the sniper had any strand of humanity, he could have tied ranks with us. Anyways I'm proud to say I played fair with my integrity intact. :)

Minimalio
03-23-19, 07:03 AM

Condivido il tuo sentimento e concordo in pieno con quello che esprimi....ma davvero non possiamo farci nulla....solo accettare e sentirci soddisfatti per ogni obiettivo raggiunto onestamente ☺

Minimalio
03-23-19, 07:39 AM
Condivido il tuo sentimento e concordo in pieno con quello che esprimi....ma davvero non possiamo farci nulla....solo accettare e sentirci soddisfatti per ogni obiettivo raggiunto onestamente ☺
Sembra che la traduzione del mio italiano in inglese stravolge buona parte del mio pensiero 😕

PookieBearsGirl
03-23-19, 09:22 AM
Sembra che la traduzione del mio italiano in inglese stravolge buona parte del mio pensiero ��

I thought your first post was sweet and uplifting.

And I'm so sorry, Rynetory. It wasn't my favourite animal and, though I had more than enough food to pass the leaders, I know it's not right when you don't love it to go all out and cost someone who does the prize. Sneaking it at the last minute must be their move. Interesting choice. Hopefully it'll come back around for you! Sorry again:(

Rynetory2
03-24-19, 06:26 AM

I thought your first post was sweet and uplifting.

And I'm so sorry, Rynetory. It wasn't my favourite animal and, though I had more than enough food to pass the leaders, I know it's not right when you don't love it to go all out and cost someone who does the prize. Sneaking it at the last minute must be their move. Interesting choice. Hopefully it'll come back around for you! Sorry again:(

Thank you (including deadpixel) for your encouragement, kindness and support. They meant heaps! :) Other members have vented on the forum on this topic before, I have read those posts, felt sad for their losses and kept my silence till now. Oh well I said my share and hope future competitors will be more ethical and tie ranks with me in future leaderboards.

Sembra che la traduzione del mio italiano in inglese stravolge buona parte del mio pensiero ��

Even if things were lost in translation, don't worry. I still appreciate your post because it's your kindness that more important. Like they say, it's the thoughts that counts. :)

Rynetory2
03-24-19, 06:29 AM
Can you help with my missing Dracomancer? I had 6000 crowns but no Dracomancer was awarded

I think you have missed my earlier reply. I have replied to your post, as well as your pm, yesterday. :)
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69361-Fantasy-Forest-Current-Bugs-and-Issues&p=1570300#post1570300

Minimalio
03-24-19, 07:32 AM
Thank you (including deadpixel) for your encouragement, kindness and support. They meant heaps! :) Other members have vented on the forum on this topic before, I have read those posts, felt sad for their losses and kept my silence till now. Oh well I said my share and hope future competitors will be more ethical and tie ranks with me in future leaderboards.

Even if things were lost in translation, don't worry. I still appreciate your post because it's your kindness that more important. Like they say, it's the thoughts that counts. :)

☺grazie davvero

kittyruth777
03-24-19, 09:54 PM

Awwwwwwww sorry this happened but ... tbh now u know how I feel ...

mymonta
03-24-19, 10:34 PM
@deadpixel A sea slug! 😂 Yes, that's what it is. Thank you for helping me nail it down.

Rynetory2
03-29-19, 06:12 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.