PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: What's the Craic - 2019 Mar 14 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
03-14-19, 12:26 PM
15 Day Goal - What's the Craic
*Goal should end March 28, 2019*

*The First Two Goals STILL Have the Serve Typo.*

Goal 1: What's the Craic
Serve 8 Irish Cliffs (16g to skip) *TYPO - Serve = Buy*

- Wallpaper

- $8,000 each
Buy 12 Ireland Cobble (24g to skip)

- Floor Tile

- $9,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Eire Stove - Appliance**Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: A Fierce Feeling
Serve 3 Eire Stove (4g to skip) *TYPO - Serve = Build*

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $35,000 each

- 28 Clover Sprout + 12 Celtic Harp
Serve 15 Gaelic Boxty (30g to skip)

- 2 Hours
*Rewards: *$2,650, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Jam and Cream Recipe*

Goal 3: Give it a Lash
Serve 15 Jam and Cream (30g to skip)

- 4 Hours
Buy 2 Irish Window (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $22,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Celtic Soda Bread Recipe*

Goal 4: Fair Play
Serve 15 Celtic Soda Bread (45g to skip)

- 5 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Eire Oven - Appliance*

Goal 5: Crackling On
Build 3 Eire Oven (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $39,000 each

- 40 Clover Plant + 32 Golden Harp
Serve 15 Celtic Stew (15g to skip)

- 3 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - Irish Beef Hash Recipe*

Goal 6: Slainte!
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Irish Counter (4g to skip)

- $15,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Irish Kids - Floor Deco*

Goal 7: That's Just Grand
Serve 15 Irish Beef Hash (45g to skip)

- 7 Hours
Have 1 Irish Kids (2g to skip)

- 1x1 Floor Deco

- $20,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - Colcannon Recipe*

Goal 8: Feeling Knackered
Have 4 Irish Table (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Irish Chair (8g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Costal Ruins - Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Get Outta That Garden
Serve 12 Colcannon (60g to skip) *Duplicate recipe name.*

- 10 Hours
Have 1 Costal Ruins (2g to skip) *TYPO?? Costal = relating to the ribs, Coastal = on/near the shore. Me = Confused.*

- 2x2 Floor Deco

- $32,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Irish Castle*

Final Goal Prize:
Irish Castle, 4x4, 65 Gems

SIDE GOAL:

Welcome to Ireland Part One:
Serve 5 Corned Beef Hash (35g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 14 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 10 Mud Pudding (25g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 5 Hours *under Dessert tab*
Serve 20 Beet & Feta Salad (20g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hour *under Dinner tab*
Rewards: $1,800, 53 xp

Welcome to Ireland Part Two:
Serve 7 Corned Beef Hash (49g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 12 Mud Pudding (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 30 Beet & Feta Salad (30g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $1,800, 53 xp

Welcome to Ireland Part Three:
Serve 10 Corned Beef Hash (70g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 16 Mud Pudding (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 40 Beet & Feta Salad (40g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $1,800, 53 xp, + 1 Free Pot of Gold

Final Side Goal Prize:
Pot of Gold, 1x1, 24 Gem Value (Possible 4th Place Prize from Lucky Chest released March 12, 2014)

NEW GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50648&d=1552956186

March 22, 2019 --> iOS 4 Day Value Pack Offer:
The Spring Chick is a 1x1 floor deco released April 05, 2012 as a Market Purchase for 8 gems.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50702

SBDOVER72
03-14-19, 12:37 PM
Thanks so much Anniras Sweets for all your hard work with the goals... You are certainly underappreciated.

Natasha_07
03-14-19, 12:40 PM
Yes! It's a St. Patrick's goal, finally. :)

AnnirasSweets
03-14-19, 02:03 PM
Thanks so much Anniras Sweets for all your hard work with the goals... You are certainly underappreciated.

Thanks! Glad to help.

As for the possible typo of the second unlocked deco. Naturally I thought that Costal was meant to be Coastal due to the Ireland aspect of the goal. However, the Costal Ruins is a stone structure and its sides are sort of laddered like ribs so maybe this is one of their clever puns? I honestly can't tell this time, lol.

Goal Deco in question:

SBDOVER72
03-14-19, 03:44 PM
I'm really liking this goal so far EXCEPT... How many different versions of cobblestone tiles can they come with?!?!

twospoons
03-14-19, 04:21 PM
Meh, it's kind of boring. I really wish they'd given us a green non-grass coin tile, and a wallpaper. We have tons of cobbles & coastlines already! And the side goal prize is again pretty sad given how much effort they expect you to put in.

Omistreats
03-14-19, 06:27 PM
As a newer player (2-3month) I'm excited for this goal. However the side goal beef and feta is so overdone it's the 4th or 5th time we've had this recipe to earn side goal prize. I wish storm 8 would use a different 1hr recipe. Plus the look of the recipe is gross I hate seeing it on my counters.

lynniefish
03-14-19, 07:55 PM
I'd like to point out that colcannon is a duplicate recipe name...it's also on the shamrock oven. Will it look the same, I wonder? Also curious whether Celtic soda bread will bear a striking resemblance to Irish soda bread (which is also on the shamrock oven). Now, I'm relatively certain that there are a far greater number of traditional Irish dishes than are represented between these three appliances, so why the duplication? (Don't answer. I suspect I know.)

Once again, Ms. AnniraSweets, you have graced us with your magnificent posts and dazzled us with your speed. Humble yet huge thanks to you and Ms. (Mr.?) Benefactor.

nursesusan
03-15-19, 12:10 AM
Thank you for the post! I am not at all excited about the final goal, nor the coastal ruins so I will be sitting this one out.

AnnirasSweets
03-15-19, 06:50 AM
Thanks for pointing out the duplication lynniefish. I knew we'd had the recipe before but I didn't have a chance to check if it was in BS or RS.

brwnsuga8
03-15-19, 07:39 PM
Love all the decor in this goal . And we get new windows..... YAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rezist69
03-16-19, 05:42 AM
- 5 Hours *under TAB tab*

callmetired
03-16-19, 07:21 AM
Love all the decor in this goal . And we get new windows..... YAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone else having problems placing the new windows?

The game will NOT let me place them next to wall corners.

AnnirasSweets
03-16-19, 07:37 AM
- 5 Hours *under TAB tab*

Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it and for the record, the Mud Pudding is under the Dessert tab.

Is anyone else having problems placing the new windows?

The game will NOT let me place them next to wall corners.

Can you physically not place them or are they just not showing?

If you're on iOS: No wall decos will show once placed on the corner wall pieces. Long time problem, no solution offered other than not putting stuff there.

If you can't buy it at all: Can you purchase it on another piece of wall then store it and place where you like?

callmetired
03-16-19, 11:50 AM
Can you physically not place them or are they just not showing?

If you're on iOS: No wall decos will show once placed on the corner wall pieces. Long time problem, no solution offered other than not putting stuff there.

If you can't buy it at all: Can you purchase it on another piece of wall then store it and place where you like?

Ok, I see, tried on an android and it's ok there, just not on the iPad. Sigh. It's impossible whether straight purchase or pulled from inventory.

Thank you.

AnnirasSweets
03-16-19, 02:46 PM
Ok, I see, tried on an android and it's ok there, just not on the iPad. Sigh. It's impossible whether straight purchase or pulled from inventory.

Thank you.

Glad it was an already established bug and not a new one for you, lol.

MamaFoodie
03-17-19, 05:50 AM
I hate that we didn’t get shamrock cookies in restaurant story. We have the same receipes from the previous St. Patrick Day oven. I want to see some different receipes. I was so happy to see we finally got a new holiday oven for St. Patrick Day, but then I was disappointed to see the same receipes. �� Some green water would have been nice too.

lynniefish
03-18-19, 08:19 AM
Hey, all, just FYI, I've reported the following over at Bugs & Issues:

"Issue noted with Celtic Stew on Eire Oven in current Restaurant Story goal. When cooking, the player is not given the "cooking bubble" to complete prepping the dish. I discovered by accident when selecting the oven to check remaining cook time, and found the recipe was only half-prepped. Got a pop-up saying "finish preparing dish" or words similar. Please correct so that players aren't waiting for unprepared stew to complete cooking. (I play on iPad, current version iOS.)"

Thanks to Rynetory2 for reporting it over.

pipipooh1977
03-20-19, 11:47 AM
I am not getting the 20 parts request a day. I had zero Clover Trees this morning and I requested all my nbrs but only have 11 parts out of 40!!! Some of those 11 parts are from gifts not just requests. So I tested the request system and sent a request to my hubby’s tablet where I use a closed restaurant just to help with part requests/gifting. It never came through and I couldn’t even gift a part. So we are not getting the 20 part requests a day. Anyone else have this issue? I’m only building one appliance a day because it’s not working right. This is so frustrating!

AuntyRose32
03-20-19, 02:03 PM
I am not getting the 20 parts request a day. I had zero Clover Trees this morning and I requested all my nbrs but only have 11 parts out of 40!!! Some of those 11 parts are from gifts not just requests. So I tested the request system and sent a request to my hubby’s tablet where I use a closed restaurant just to help with part requests/gifting. It never came through and I couldn’t even gift a part. So we are not getting the 20 part requests a day. Anyone else have this issue? I’m only building one appliance a day because it’s not working right. This is so frustrating!

I don’t have a lot of neighbours, only about ten active ones. So I can keep a fairly good track of the request system. I send out requests everyday and I only ever see the same 6/7 neighbours accepting my requests. So I don’t know if that means I have neighbours who don’t accept my requests or neighbours who are accepting my requests but it’s not showing up for me. These same neighbours are sending me parts requests which I accept so I can’t imagine they’re just not accepting mine. I feel like they don’t even get them. I don’t know but there is something up. I need more neighbours who do goals but that aside I should be getting a solid ten and I don’t think I am.

twospoons
03-20-19, 10:28 PM
I think there are 2 separate possible problems:

AuntyRose: If your neighbors have lots of neighbors themselves, they're probably not all seeing your requests. Some people have hundreds of neighbors. Sure, some of them may be inactive or skipping the goals, but even so, everyone who is doing the goals needs tons of parts, so logic dictates that people with lots of neighbors have a lot of requests sent their way.

But I believe players only see the 10 latest requests they get, not every request they're sent. Mainly because I personally have never had more than 10 at once, though occasionally a couple more will pop up as I answer the first 10--but I just don't think that's all of them.

All of which is to say that if you're someone who has so many neighbors that gifting, even mass gifting, is too much of a hassle, but you tell everyone you accept all requests, you may not be as good of a neighbor as you think you are. (Exception for people who have request notifications on and are super responsive to them, but I'm betting the majority of us aren't.)

But that's all in a perfect world. Possible problem 2 is that I agree requests are sometimes not being sent. I nearly never ask for more than 20 (and only when I'm not requesting tomorrow) and like pipipooh I sometimes don't see my own requests on a restaurant where my only neighbors are my other restaurants. And then they pop up 4 days later, just to mess with me.

AnnirasSweets
03-22-19, 01:16 PM
This week's iOS Value Pack Offer:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50702

The Spring Chick is a 1x1 floor deco released April 05, 2012 as a Market Purchase for 8 gems.

sandylbaum
03-22-19, 01:33 PM
This week's iOS Value Pack:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50696&d=1553285199

The Chick Pen is a 3x3 Floor Deco, released April 16, 2014 as a Market Purchase for 35 Gems.

For me the value pack has the spring chick. Odd that it is different.

AnnirasSweets
03-22-19, 02:43 PM
For me the value pack has the spring chick. Odd that it is different.

Bugger it all. I've got the BS and RS posts swapped! Oopsie daisies, I'll fix that right up!

EDIT:

Fixed the posts. LOL, I swear - this cold medicine is making me completely loopy. Sorry about the confusion.

Lurker2
03-22-19, 02:55 PM
Bugger it all. I've got the BS and RS posts swapped! Oopsie daisies, I'll fix that right up!

EDIT:

Fixed the posts. LOL, I swear - this cold medicine is making me completely loopy. Sorry about the confusion.

There is an easy way to remember which game the value pack belongs to: the blue background is for RS; the pink background is for BS.

AnnirasSweets
03-23-19, 11:45 AM
There is an easy way to remember which game the value pack belongs to: the blue background is for RS; the pink background is for BS.

Yeah, I get that and am usually pretty good at keeping the games in order. The trouble was I had both BS and RS forums open at the same time in two different windows while uploading the VPs which were released at the same time. Lesson learned! No posting while on cold meds and always be sure to focus on posting one game at a time, lol.