PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

shortdanzr
06-21-19, 10:19 AM
Hey shortdanzr,
Just a heads up, it’s a better use of resources to be doing the 20k Coin Trade in the Sloth Tribute instead of the 100k Coin Trade.
You use only 40 Newborn Sprites (instead of 50) for 100k coins.
Hope this helps. :)

thanks. i thought way back in this thread someone had done the math to show the 100K coin trade was better, but i am not searching that many pages. but you are correct. the sloth tribute will be out on my board more often now

peachtreeshoppe
06-22-19, 03:18 AM
I read post one and I don't see these addressed... Im sorry if I missed it!

1. If I expand to the plot between the rhino and elephant, will that give me immediate access to the rhino when I get to that step? Should I wait for the six expansion permits (if I can get them in 30 days as I'm shooting for the times prize) or will I need a different expansion, so I should just do the one below the part 2 elephant for 5 permits?
2. Part 3, goal 6: do shrubs work or does it have to be the singular flower versions?
3. Does Salvatore really drop trade tickets for people? I'm in need and have been collecting from him for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten one. (Related to that, I have white and armored flyger who others say drop them, but in many months I've never gotten one...) Should I file a bug?

Thank you in advance, and thank you spiritwind for consolidating so much for us!

SpiritWind00
06-22-19, 03:10 PM

1. If I expand to the plot between the rhino and elephant, will that give me immediate access to the rhino when I get to that step? Should I wait for the six expansion permits (if I can get them in 30 days as I'm shooting for the times prize) or will I need a different expansion, so I should just do the one below the part 2 elephant for 5 permits?
2. Part 3, goal 6: do shrubs work or does it have to be the singular flower versions?
3. Does Salvatore really drop trade tickets for people? I'm in need and have been collecting from him for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten one. (Related to that, I have white and armored flyger who others say drop them, but in many months I've never gotten one...) Should I file a bug?

Thank you in advance, and thank you spiritwind for consolidating so much for us!
1. Yes (notes on part 2/goal 7)
2. Yes the white shrubs will work. Split opinions as to spawn rate. I'll add this!
3. No Salvatore rarely drops trade tickets, he drops earth wisps majority of the time. Hortensia is a guaranteed trade ticket dropper.

peachtreeshoppe
06-23-19, 05:35 PM
2. Yes the white shrubs will work. Split opinions as to spawn rate. I'll add this!
3. No Salvatore rarely drops trade tickets, he drops earth wisps majority of the time. Hortensia is a guaranteed trade ticket dropper.

Ah to clarify, as I'm now seeing per Part 3/goal 7 the mid-rhino-elephant plot alone will NOT give me access to BOTH the second and third totem squares. As in, I won't get to the third totem without expanding to several other plots. The one between the 2nd and 3rd totem won't work as a single access point, right?

Thank you re: #2 and 3!

SpiritWind00
06-23-19, 08:50 PM
Might have to wait for another player to respond on your question for clarification. When I did this goal, I'd already expanded to neighboring plots so I only had to follow the green arrows in my goal book.

The plot inbetween will work if you've expanded in front of them too (row B). So that plot alone probably won't get you access without expanding to the ones in row B.

Can someone else please jump in and respond too! Thanks :)

suzishine
06-23-19, 09:38 PM

I expanded to the plot between the elephant and the rhino, and got access to the rhino 🤗✨
First B4, then A4 and then A3 (rhino) now I will open A5 (elephant).

peachtreeshoppe
06-24-19, 12:45 PM
I expanded to the plot between the elephant and the rhino, and got access to the rhino 珞✨
First B4, then A4 and then A3 (rhino) now I will open A5 (elephant).

Thank you suzishine and SW! I'll hold out for the sixth expansion permit then and report back to confirm it works in a few weeks in case others would rather pick that spot to have a better shot at winning all 3 timed goals! :love_heart:

suzishine
06-26-19, 05:48 AM
Thank you suzishine and SW! I'll hold out for the sixth expansion permit then and report back to confirm it works in a few weeks in case others would rather pick that spot to have a better shot at winning all 3 timed goals! :love_heart:

Actually, I missed that we HAVE to open B5 to open A5... 🙄😔.... sorry! 🙈

Edit!

Forget that! I logged in again, after closing game and now I can open A5! (And I have not opened B5 yet).. so above post is correct!

GiselleX16
06-28-19, 01:32 AM
Yay, just finished part 3! Just wanted to tell someone who would appreciate it, i.e. not husband. Now what LOL?

SpiritWind00
06-29-19, 01:57 AM
Congratulations! Now you collect to trade for coins and keep collecting trade tickets.

SpiritWind00
07-09-19, 02:59 PM
I've added a link to your maths posts on Page 1 to the Tips section in Part 1 goals. :)

I stored the other 2 totems bc of this post and only craft coins with the one needing 8 sprites.

peachtreeshoppe
07-10-19, 08:46 PM
Actually, I missed that we HAVE to open B5 to open A5... 🙄😔.... sorry! 🙈

Edit!

Forget that! I logged in again, after closing game and now I can open A5! (And I have not opened B5 yet).. so above post is correct!

YES! I got to the step, clicked expand and got the dreaded arrow pointing above and below the final plot... then I remembered your post, logged out, and voila! I can indeed access it from the "northeast" without expanding to the left or below. Phew!!!! Hopefully others who are in the process of expanding don't get thrown off course thinking they need that. Is it worth filing a bug? People may spend weeks earning 3 expansion permits they don't even need when they see they can't yet unlock the right square.

bobbyrae
07-12-19, 07:10 AM
I get quite a bit of trade tickets from Salvatore now. Maybe once I get to Hortensia the drops will decrease? :-/

justmine2
07-13-19, 03:29 PM
I must have messed up some where along the way... I did not get a pop,up about a hidden cottage, but, I'm collecting the green stuff to make the lantern....

suzishine
07-14-19, 07:47 AM
YES! I got to the step, clicked expand and got the dreaded arrow pointing above and below the final plot... then I remembered your post, logged out, and voila! I can indeed access it from the "northeast" without expanding to the left or below. Phew!!!! Hopefully others who are in the process of expanding don't get thrown off course thinking they need that. Is it worth filing a bug? People may spend weeks earning 3 expansion permits they don't even need when they see they can't yet unlock the right square.

Right!

Too weird! But luckily an easy fix.. phew!!

robotparade
08-25-19, 12:35 PM
Does Salvatore really drop trade tickets for people? I'm in need and have been collecting from him for 2 weeks now and haven't gotten one. (Related to that, I have white and armored flyger who others say drop them, but in many months I've never gotten one...) Should I file a bug?

Salvatore gives me a Trade Ticket about once a month. My White Armored Flyger gave me one Expansion Permit ONCE in the year I have had it.

WittyWitch
09-25-19, 07:29 PM
I think my white trilliums are broken. I spent the entire WW trying to spawn a forest wisps and I got one..only one! I did however get 7 skunkies. I started part 2 a couple days ago.. how impossible will it be to complete this part in time to get the watch tower if I do not purchase the pet?

edit add: I just found the super geek posts with energy calculations provided by wishtheywerereal. Thank you guys for all your hard work. Math makes my brain go fuzzy so I really appreciate this.

myhsplace
09-25-19, 10:23 PM
I think my white trilliums are broken. I spent the entire WW trying to spawn a forest wisps and I got one..only one! I did however get 7 skunkies. I started part 2 a couple days ago.. how impossible will it be to complete this part in time to get the watch tower if I do not purchase the pet?

edit add: I just found the super geek posts with energy calculations provided by wishtheywerereal. Thank you guys for all your hard work. Math makes my brain go fuzzy so I really appreciate this.

just came to see if there was an issue with the forest wisps, it is like they got turned off when they update the game with tomorrow’s (technically today since after midnight now) event stuff!! just wasted 60 energy on white trilliums and not one wisp at all..something not right for sure for i would get at least 4 or more every other time i took the extra time between events on this hidden forest goal..

WittyWitch
09-26-19, 03:42 AM
so It’s not just me! It’s so strange!

simpassoc
09-26-19, 04:15 AM
wisps are broken for me as well, and I only have a few days for the limited time completion.

ham2905
09-26-19, 05:04 AM
100 white trilliums...zero forest wisp-that's ridiculous!!! Fortunately it was weekday warrior!

bobbyrae
09-26-19, 06:12 AM
Same here. I couldn't get a wisp to spawn, during WDW either, only skunks.

Mistymoo50
09-26-19, 02:47 PM
Same here no wisps only skunkupines from white trillium, wasted so much energy and so near to completing.

WittyWitch
09-26-19, 04:51 PM
Do we need to report this on the bugs page?

SpiritWind00
09-26-19, 04:57 PM
Do we need to report this on the bugs page?
It's there already. Some players reported reduction and others cessation. If they haven't stopped spawning so it could just be part of the random cycle. Feel free to add a post if you need to in the Bugs forum though. I'll flag with the team.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?109539-White-trillium-are-Broken

Resolved.

WittyWitch
09-26-19, 08:12 PM
Try it now, I just got one to spawn after watering 6 flowers

JCrewS11
09-30-19, 06:09 PM
It’s been awhile since I spawned a forest wisp ��

JCrewS11
10-01-19, 04:11 AM
Since I realized it wasn’t just me not spawning wisp I decided to try something. I was maxed on white petals so I made yellow ink and bam I immediately spawned a wisp from the white trillium. Maybe it’s kind of like the mermaid scales ( if your maxed on water it’s harder to get scales). Here’s to hoping this continues to work��

JCrewS11
10-24-19, 04:40 AM
Does mithril stop dropping from deep mine when you unlock the elven outpost? It seems ever since I starting getting elvenite, I no longer get mithril. Yes I know it?s rare but I still used to get some.

SpiritWind00
10-25-19, 10:49 PM
Does mithril stop dropping from deep mine when you unlock the elven outpost? It seems ever since I starting getting elvenite, I no longer get mithril. Yes I know it?s rare but I still used to get some.
No it will still drop but you're right, it was always quite a rare-ish drop.

Herroyalhighnessprincess
11-17-19, 07:47 AM
Is it just me or is the forest vines a rare drop? I get an average of only 1 per willow tree, sometimes even zero!!

SofiaDeo
11-23-19, 06:06 PM
Is it just me or is the forest vines a rare drop? I get an average of only 1 per willow tree, sometimes even zero!!
Its not just you, sometimes there are zero, sometimes 3. Very random.

trinity32hope
04-20-20, 10:18 PM
HELP. Can I still make the forest compass? How on earth do I get a forest wisp?

Ryiiann
04-22-20, 10:04 PM

Same here! I also need to make forest compass as well. And have not been able to get any forest wisps.

Ryiiann
04-23-20, 02:25 AM

Oh! Got two so far - from the white trillium shrub and white trillium. Good luck!

MyfistIDwastaken
04-23-20, 07:54 PM
you literally have to chop hundreds of Willows to make those 21 blades and some of them won't even drop the frigging vines. U've got to be kidding me, like COME-ON!!, that is just unfair give us s break!

blazeyace
05-29-20, 04:01 PM
So I broke down and got the forest wisp pet. It was doing good for awhile dropping 3 vines but now it only ever drops 1. Why did I buy it for 150 gems? Very frustrating!!

SpiritWind00
05-29-20, 08:11 PM
So I broke down and got the forest wisp pet. It was doing good for awhile dropping 3 vines but now it only ever drops 1. Why did I buy it for 150 gems? Very frustrating!!
The wisps are awesome! I have 2 of them and they are really good even now I've finished this storyline for coin trades in the totems. It's drops do vary like all items do with 1-3 but overall I thought it was a good purchase. :) Hope their drops get better for you...

lillibee101
06-03-20, 12:38 PM
Is A6 a requirement for Hortensia? The description on the forum says to the front and left and I can?t tell whose left I should be taking.

SpiritWind00
06-03-20, 02:35 PM
Is A6 a requirement for Hortensia? The description on the forum says to the front and left and I can?t tell whose left I should be taking.
If you imagine tilting your board anti-clockwise then the grid map's easier to read. :)
Hortensia is in A5 so left is A6 and in front of A5 is B5.
If you follow the arrows to plots in your goals it will tell you if there are plots to open first :)

lillibee101
06-04-20, 09:40 AM
Thank you SpiritWind!! I am still on part two but I want to maximize my chances of getting the overgrown cottage in part three so I want to get the extra expansions I need out of the way before I start it!

RobinCradles
06-18-20, 09:58 AM
I?m sorry for a possible double post but I couldn?t find the answer anywhere!

Am I able to create more than one Salvatore? I hate to waste all those materials to just get coins from the totem the second time.

Thank you!

SpiritWind00
06-18-20, 03:42 PM
I?m sorry for a possible double post but I couldn?t find the answer anywhere!

Am I able to create more than one Salvatore? I hate to waste all those materials to just get coins from the totem the second time.

Thank you!
No, you can only craft 1 of each of the totem animals. :)

RobinCradles
06-18-20, 10:33 PM
Thank you! And boohoo, I love him....I want an army of sloth ents.

fari85
11-01-20, 01:14 PM
Is forest wisp a good buy? Does it have any use after the goals are over?

maz3girl
01-18-21, 07:38 AM
I'm way behind in this goal and just on part 2 now but it's such a shame to see that the forest vines drop rate hasn't improved at all, in all this time.... Barely 1 per entire willow tree?

SpiritWind00
01-18-21, 09:33 PM
Is forest wisp a good buy? Does it have any use after the goals are over?
Depends on if you want to use them to get coins. I have 2 and collect from them every day. I save up and do one of the totem trades every now and then when I have a stash of them. Not a vital purchase, but I like how there is still a use for them post goal.

I'm way behind in this goal and just on part 2 now but it's such a shame to see that the forest vines drop rate hasn't improved at all, in all this time.... Barely 1 per entire willow tree?
Try and get vines at the same time as goals that also ask for chopping trees if you're in no hurry... you'll get there! :)

AngellFarm
03-14-21, 10:18 PM
Hi guys. I?m on part 3 of the Hidden Forest, but I am unable to expand to Elephant in A5 as it doesn?t give me the option- even though that is the goal I am on and the plots around it are unlocked. Any ideas?

SpiritWind00
03-14-21, 10:47 PM
Hi guys. I?m on part 3 of the Hidden Forest, but I am unable to expand to Elephant in A5 as it doesn?t give me the option- even though that is the goal I am on and the plots around it are unlocked. Any ideas?
Hi, this is the note I have on goal 7 when you expand: To access this plot, you must expand to the plot in front of A5 and also to the left of A5. If you've just reached this goal, can you force close and see if that changes things. Where does the arrow take you when you click on the goal in your book?

AngellFarm
03-15-21, 11:02 AM
Hi, this is the note I have on goal 7 when you expand: To access this plot, you must expand to the plot in front of A5 and also to the left of A5. If you've just reached this goal, can you force close and see if that changes things. Where does the arrow take you when you click on the goal in your book?
I have all of the required plots open. I submitted a support ticket last night and Storm 8 fixed the problem for me. They are really a fantastic team.

Thank you Storm 8!

SpiritWind00
03-16-21, 01:03 AM
Awesome! Good luck with the rest of the story :)

wendietje
04-04-21, 04:24 PM
OMG ! I feel like crying ! I chopped 1 Willow .... 10 chops ... And no (zero, nothing, nada ) forest vines!!! Nothing ! Please crank up the drop rate on this S8 🙏🏼 average of 1 per Willow is hartbreaking and makes someone insane !

jungzenie
11-01-21, 12:50 AM
I want to know if I finish part 2. Got the Rhino, and if I dont start the part 3 immediately. Do willow trees still drop forest vines?

wealthyrich
01-17-22, 02:28 AM
How to spawn forest wisp? Very rare?

SpiritWind00
01-25-22, 08:30 PM
How to spawn forest wisp? Very rare?
White trillium flowers spawn the forest wisp. I would say they are a generous spawn. Hopefully you've been able to move on by now. Make sure you have a read through page 1 of this thread where the goal info is located. :)

manga100
02-10-22, 08:17 AM
I'm a bit confused. I just chopped down around 38 willow trees for part two of this event and I got 0 vines? :confused: The only thing I got apart from wood and all that was a single sugary covered leaf. Are the drops actually this bad or am I missing something??

SpiritWind00
02-10-22, 01:18 PM
The vines were quite rare (0-1 per tree) but 0 from 38 doesn't seem right. I'll check with the team for you...

[S8] HungryGoblin
02-10-22, 02:08 PM
I'm a bit confused. I just chopped down around 38 willow trees for part two of this event and I got 0 vines? :confused: The only thing I got apart from wood and all that was a single sugary covered leaf. Are the drops actually this bad or am I missing something??

I checked your account and the Willow Tree drops should start after you complete the two quest tasks Visit the Tavern and Visit Salvatore. Hope that clears things up.

manga100
02-11-22, 11:00 AM
HungryGoblin;1665869']I checked your account and the Willow Tree drops should start after you complete the two quest tasks Visit the Tavern and Visit Salvatore. Hope that clears things up.

Ahh darn it. I was kind of hoping it wasn't that, but already knew that must have been the issue :p My game rolled back during WW yesterday and that affected my process on those quest and I didn't notice until later. Well I'll try it again for the next WW. Thanks so much for the help! :love_heart:

keeksbeats
03-20-22, 07:45 PM
Hi! I have tended so many white trillium flowers and still don’t have any spawns. Do you think it’s because of the current event? I’m on goal 4 of part one. I need to make the compass and no such luck getting the wisp essence. :(

atdict
06-03-23, 02:11 PM
When you buy a forest wisp at the market for 150 gems, does it have a guaranteed drop of forest wisp essence every time you collect?

azriX2012
06-03-23, 09:56 PM
When you buy a forest wisp at the market for 150 gems, does it have a guaranteed drop of forest wisp essence every time you collect?

They drop Forest Wisp Essence everytime (1-3). Newborn Sprites are not guaranteed drops.

atdict
06-05-23, 04:31 AM
Thanks for your answer.