PDA

View Full Version : Game crash

tolstorm8
02-24-19, 12:55 AM
Hello!

During the last month RS keeps crashing 'every' time I open it. It opens, shows the screen with messages and a second later crashes and reopens and the same sequence. This happens 9 out of 10 times a day.
Tried clearing cache, unistallin/reinstalling, reboot device but the problem remains.

Same problem appears in BS (bakery story) but less frequently (half of the times).
Fashion Story, Dragon story etc, work with no problem.

Version of RS is 1.6.0.3g, BS 1.6.0.3g
Android version 4.4.2,
tablet Samsung SM-T310 (tab3)

Any idea of what causes the problem in these two games?
Thank you

Rynetory2
03-11-19, 04:52 AM
Sounds like your device is having trouble with the game. Try the suggestions under Device Performance Issues in Chapter What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide, link in my signature.

tolstorm8
03-12-19, 01:19 PM
Thank you for replying!
I've done all of those described in the chapter/link you provide. free space is more than 2GB, memory free is about 500MB, cache cleared, data cleared, uninstalling/reinstalling done... Problem is still here.

Dragon story had similar problems in the past but after the last update, works ok. The other games of TL work OK too. The problem is with RS and BS

I'm one step from hard resetting the tablet (but I would lose progress to apps that can't be backed up)

Any other suggestions?

Rynetory2
03-14-19, 04:59 AM
Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. Is it possible that your device processor can't cope? Some of the older devices may have issues as the games board grow bigger and Samsung SM-T310 (tab3) was released in 2013. Do you have a newer device? You can use the Login feature to transfer your games there and try it out, if you do.

tolstorm8
03-16-19, 02:34 PM
Yes, the device is old and maybe you're right for processor not coping well.
But that doesn't explain why this issue is happening only in two games of TL (BS, RS) and the rest work without problems.
Furthermore, I've not done anything (installing new apps etc) in the tablet for quite some time. This issue started suddenly and only in these two games...

I can't find a solution, I just posted here to let TL know the issue and if someone has similar problem maybe there is something more to check.

Maybe there's a ghost in the machine :)

Lilliepaddd
04-09-19, 10:21 AM
My device is newer, it's a replacement iPad. Just got it Friday, now I'm crashing! So disappointing!

tolstorm8
04-10-19, 08:20 AM
I tried to install previous versions of both RS and BS of the 1.6.0.3g
Both occassional versions (eg RS Founders) or classic version has no problem... I'm using now 1.5.5.9 for both RS and BS.
So there is certainly a problem with 1.6.0.3g with either android 4.4.2 or something else...

barksnchirps
05-02-19, 07:44 PM
No version of restaurant story game for android phone is working on my device.My phones android version is 4.1.2 n latest version of RS game viz 1.6.0.3 or any other versions are not working completely.:(:(

Rynetory2
05-02-19, 08:03 PM
Are you able to get into game? Try disconnecting your network, restart your device and start again. Check your device and internet. There are some suggestions in What can I do to resolve my game issues? in Game Guide.

barksnchirps
05-02-19, 08:15 PM
I tried everything.I mean network connecting n disconnecting,reinstalling,restarting device...but nothing working...

barksnchirps
05-03-19, 12:06 AM
I am using Samsung Galaxy Trend with android 4.1.2 n I play Restaurant story and Fashion Story games.I hv problem with RS.It was not working properly since last month n now it doesnt start at all.FS is fine.

Rynetory2
05-03-19, 12:11 AM
What happens when you start your game? I am able to access mine so the game is not down. You need to troubleshoot further on your end, either device or connection... :(

barksnchirps
05-04-19, 04:29 AM
I downloaded older version of RS viz. 1.5.5.9 n game started.but yes 1.6.0.3g is not working at all n i removed unwanted apps too.I was terrific but now problem is finally solved.I m happy n i hope 1.5.5.9 works well further otherwise i hv to leave game helplessly

justmine2
05-06-19, 04:09 PM
My game on iPad Pro is crashing about every 3rd neighbor that I visit, it's happening in bakery as well

barksnchirps
05-07-19, 05:21 PM
RS Basic version was down 5 days ago.It hardly started after so much trouble.It worked 4 days and now it has stopped working again.It doesnt start at all.When i start the game it keeps on loading n the circle goes on n on n on and the same irritating msg goes on "Internet connection not active" though internet is fully active.

barksnchirps
05-07-19, 10:20 PM
Game has started working again after 12 hours.but i really dont understand what the problem is.where problem is with my device or with the game.:(:(:(

Rynetory2
05-07-19, 10:51 PM
Game has started working again after 12 hours.but i really dont understand what the problem is.where problem is with my device or with the game.:(:(:(

Great to hear that it's working. Just in time for new goals! :)

barksnchirps
05-17-19, 03:38 AM
Restaurant Story is not working properly on my device.Can u please help me?
My device's android version is 4.1.2 and no version of RS Basic version is working properly whether its 1.6.0.3g,1.6.0.2g or 1.5.5.9.I also tried downloading RS-TROPIC BLISS,RS-OUTDOORS,RS-SUMMER FUN,RS-FAST FOOD AND RS-CHRISMAS.Lastly RS-Fast food got started after taking so much trouble.
I really expect from Storm8 Team to do something that atleast RS-Basic Version keeps on working properly please.Please do this if u can:(:(

Rynetory2
05-20-19, 05:32 AM
What's wrong with your game? By the way, they recommend playing on 1.6.0.3g or 1.6.0.2g.

Lilliepaddd
06-13-19, 12:45 AM
I am constantly crashing, more than ever on an iPad fully updated!

justmine2
06-19-19, 10:18 AM
My game is back to crashing, every third neighbor I visit, or when looking through any deco. It simply shuts off!

Ilovetodesign
06-29-19, 01:45 PM
Not sure why, but when trying to decorate, it crashes.
I have a new iPad with iOS 12.3.1
RS version is 1.8.3

ST4CoolGames
08-25-19, 02:34 PM
I've got an iPhone 7+, updated with the most recent iOS and RS (and BS) crashes almost every time I:

-scroll through for decor or appliances on the Design menu
-scroll through gifts to send to neighbors
-request parts from neighbors

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both games to no avail.

Rynetory2
08-27-19, 06:03 AM
I've got an iPhone 7+, updated with the most recent iOS and RS (and BS) crashes almost every time I:

-scroll through for decor or appliances on the Design menu
-scroll through gifts to send to neighbors
-request parts from neighbors

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both games to no avail.

I think the device processor has difficulties given limited device resources. My guess is that you have played for years which attributed to having lots of items in your decor or appliances tabs as well as lots of neighbours. Having a huge list takes a while to load and adds a strain on your device. If you have a newer device or a device with faster processor, you can transfer your game there and see how it runs there.

Reinstallation may help a tiny bit for a short while but eventually your cache will increase with the graphics from your game board or those bakeries which you visit.

LightAndLove83
08-30-19, 01:04 PM
Having the same issue. I just bought Gems yesterday, and now they will go to waist. I?ve tried every trick in the book and under the sun. Other neighbors are complaining of the same. What in the world is going on? I have a brand new iPad but it had started doing the same thing on the old one about a month ago. I can?t even open my decoration tab without it crashing. I?ve uninstalled and installed, I?ve reset WiFi which is working fine. I?ve erased iPad and started over...you name it, I?ve done it. I?ve also noticed that the part drops for the ovens are a white square. Nothing is working...

No system update in so long that I can?t remember when the last one was...And no update for either story in as long. Storm will not refund money spent on Gems so now, I?m down $44 for Resto Story and can?t use them. I bought a few things for BS but it?s crashing too. *sad face*

justmine2
09-05-19, 12:59 PM
Game is still crashing like crazy! It will shut off and take me back to my home screen, and when I double click on home screen it will show me a screen where I have visited a neighbor or put food on to cook! My iPad Pro is only a year old and everything is up to date

Lilliepaddd
09-10-19, 06:18 PM
It's been doing this for months since I got my new device. It's so bad right now. I get bumped out so many times trying to visit...any advice? Aside from leaving lol. Thanks

Rynetory2
09-11-19, 05:24 AM
It's been doing this for months since I got my new device. It's so bad right now. I get bumped out so many times trying to visit...any advice? Aside from leaving lol. Thanks

What device are you using?

(Merged duplicate thread to existing thread)

barksnchirps
11-14-19, 02:48 AM
Same here...My game is crashing in every 2 mins.I just cant play.It is happening since a week.Pls help.
I m using Samsung galaxy trend with Android 4.1.2 n RS Basic Version 1.6.0.3g

minmanmol
11-26-19, 05:26 PM
My game just started crashing repeatedly out of the blue. I have a 2019 galaxy tab a and installed the latest game on the new device. It worked fine for months now doesn't. I've tried all of the fixes on this thread to no avail.