PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Under the Weather - 2019 Feb 21 (5 Days)

AnnirasSweets
02-21-19, 06:48 PM
5 Day Goal - Under the Weather
*Goal should end February 26, 2019*

Under the Weather: Part One
Serve 4 Tofu Stew (12g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 5 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Serve 5 Seafood Avocados (10g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 4 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Serve 20 BBQ Wings (20g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hour *under Lunch tab*
Build 1 Juice Machine (2g to skip)

- $30,000 each

- 10 Knob + 12 Plum Nozzle
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Watermelon Juice Recipe

Under the Weather: Part Two
Serve 6 Gumbo (24g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 7 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 10 Orange Juice (20g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 4 Hours
Serve 10 Watermelon Juice (20g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 4 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Lime Juice Recipe

Under the Weather: Part Three
Serve 15 Glazed Turkey (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 4 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Serve 8 Pineapple Juice (32g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 8 Hours
Serve 8 Lime Juice (32g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 8 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Blue Raspberry Juice

Under the Weather: Part Four
Serve 10 Tomato Bisque (40g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 8 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 80 Beet & Feta Salad (80g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hour *under Dinner tab*
Serve 7 Mango Juice (42g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 12 Hours
Serve 7 Blue Raspberry Juice (42g to skip)

- Juice Machine

- 12 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Central Picnic

Final Goal Prize:
Central Picnic, 4x4, 40 Gem Value (Released in Sept. 2015 as Final Goal Reward in New York Goals)

GOAL ITEMS:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=50202

twospoons
02-21-19, 07:16 PM
Central Picnic again? Well, at least I won't have to stress completing the last step!

lynniefish
02-21-19, 07:28 PM
Central Picnic again? Well, at least I won't have to stress completing the last step!

Same here, twospoons! Glad to not feel compelled to finish this one. Especially since Part 4 requires 80 beet & feta salads!

AnnirasSweets
02-21-19, 07:33 PM
I agree that it's a let down to have a prize offered when it's been a goal prize twice before and one of those times was just a few months ago.

gotalotaluv
02-21-19, 08:10 PM
Same here, twospoons! Glad to not feel compelled to finish this one. Especially since Part 4 requires 80 beet & feta salads!

80 anything is a serious joke. A final prize after 80 anything ought to be animated and shiny!! I can't stop laughing!! 80?

lynniefish
02-21-19, 08:29 PM
80 anything is a serious joke. A final prize after 80 anything ought to be animated and shiny!! I can't stop laughing!! 80?

Lol!! Or at least ought to not be something that we've had numerous chances to obtain already!! (It's a great piece, but does anyone NOT have it?!?) Although I'll admit, I'd rather have another one of these than a tiny pile of snowballs. That side goal had me laughing sooo hard!!

(Seriously, the worst part of asking us to complete 80 1-hour recipes is the task will fall on what is a work day for most. That's just cruel.)

slayer7000
02-21-19, 10:51 PM
80? what? why? ugh

ikawaiipanda
02-22-19, 03:35 AM
This is actually ridiculous. 5 days? If you haven't bought multiple juice machines prior to this, you most likely won't complete this goal. Worst part is- even if you manage to get all the correct parts to build it in a day (22 altogether) you can't build another one as you can only recieve up to 40 gifts (including requests) a day. Looks like it's expected to use a couple of gems on this one but I can't guarantee that would be worth the money. I would be spending 8 gems just to buy the parts required to build a second Juice machine on the same day.

Not to mention, I can't use my phone everyday, either. Even if I could, I doubt I'd be able to complete this goal.

adreamdeferred
02-22-19, 05:52 AM
The drinks are pretty, but those quantities in that amount of time..!? So sad

brwnsuga8
02-22-19, 09:26 AM
The drinks are pretty, but those quantities in that amount of time..!? So sad

Same here. Love the recipes, they are really pretty. But the servings....pitiful. The profits...pitiful. I'm glad they're still putting out new goals, but I don't understand why S8 has us working so hard building stoves with 8,000 parts and wanting us to spend gems and yet we get very little in return? They are giving us great and interesting new recipes that I rarely cook again (which makes me sad), because why would I cook something for 10 hours and get 300 servings?! It literally makes no sense. The stoves sit in storage. *sigh*

CassieJo84
02-22-19, 01:54 PM
This will be my 4th central picnic. There are PLENTY of decor pieces. Please stop with this one. I love this game but I?m so tired of the low food quantities, and I?m still so unhappy with the current goal set up. :(

veronikaKelly
02-22-19, 09:02 PM
I cant even see how this goal is even possible. I dont care for the prize...I think I may even already have it. I don't understand how these goals are even meant to be done in five days without spending a ton of gems. I just want the recipes.

KaiParadise
02-23-19, 05:11 AM
80 beef and salad, really?

7700AnchorInn
02-23-19, 06:34 AM

I agree. 80 anything, especially 1 hr recipes, is NOT FUN! This game is suppose to be fun, not drudgery. If it's fun, you enjoy and trust it. You will spend gems in time. G8 please make changes. Make it fun please.

AnnirasSweets
02-23-19, 07:31 AM
I cant even see how this goal is even possible. I dont care for the prize...I think I may even already have it. I don't understand how these goals are even meant to be done in five days without spending a ton of gems. I just want the recipes.

I think the vast majority of players only unlock the recipes in these five day goals. The exception being when the prize is super rare or new which doesn't happen all that often. Not sure if that is a blessing or a curse, really.

That's why I think it's so important to share the goal list. If it wasn't for that thing, I'd never come close to finishing. By using it as a reference I can start recipes ahead of time and zip through the goals much faster. I'm working on the third goal now so hopefully I'll have unlocked the last recipe by tomorrow and can then take a break!

lynniefish
02-23-19, 01:12 PM
I think the vast majority of players only unlock the recipes in these five day goals. The exception being when the prize is super rare or new which doesn't happen all that often. Not sure if that is a blessing or a curse, really.

That's why I think it's so important to share the goal list. If it wasn't for that thing, I'd never come close to finishing. By using it as a reference I can start recipes ahead of time and zip through the goals much faster. I'm working on the third goal now so hopefully I'll have unlocked the last recipe by tomorrow and can then take a break!

Absolutely agreed! It would be impossible to complete without the foreknowledge of which recipes to start for the next step while the dishes for the current step finish. Thank you once again (and your oh-so-mysterious benefactor) for allowing us the opportunity to "work ahead" and manage our time so efficiently!

EdiiLouise
02-23-19, 01:38 PM
I don't see how I'm gonna complete this goal in time as I currently have 4 built and only on 2nd part of goal and still not cooked the orange juice 10 times and there's only 3 days remaining!!

Fenikkusu79
02-24-19, 05:12 AM
Absolutely agreed! It would be impossible to complete without the foreknowledge of which recipes to start for the next step while the dishes for the current step finish. Thank you once again (and your oh-so-mysterious benefactor) for allowing us the opportunity to "work ahead" and manage our time so efficiently!

100% Agreed! The recipe list is a life saver!! Thank you AnnirasSweets 😊👍

Mai2008
02-24-19, 11:29 PM
This will be my 4th central picnic. There are PLENTY of decor pieces. Please stop with this one. I love this game but I?m so tired of the low food quantities, and I?m still so unhappy with the current goal set up. :(

Same here....

Lapetshop7
02-25-19, 07:13 AM
Hmm so I will be finished with the third goal around 10 pm tonight. Its 8 am now. Not even going to try to attempt the last goal since I know I won't be able to finish all of that goal tomorrow! Not enough time! Plus I only have 4 juice machines. Even if I try to start a few recipes early, still not enough time. Just glad I will have all of the new recipes unlocked!! 😁 So thanks for that Storm 8. Hopefully next event gives more time! 😁💖

VampireBlade1
02-25-19, 11:59 AM
Is it just me (not being complain-y, I'm legitimately wondering) but how do they expect us to be able to complete this in 5 days? I couldn't even complete the last 5 day one of these goals and that was when I was off that week so I had time to be on every hour to collect and reset! Is 5 days too short? Maybe if I had enough knobs stored up to build a ton of juicers quickly it wouldn't be so daunting. Am I being too much and 5 days for these goals is enough time?

AnnirasSweets
02-25-19, 01:28 PM
Is it just me (not being complain-y, I'm legitimately wondering) but how do they expect us to be able to complete this in 5 days? I couldn't even complete the last 5 day one of these goals and that was when I was off that week so I had time to be on every hour to collect and reset! Is 5 days too short? Maybe if I had enough knobs stored up to build a ton of juicers quickly it wouldn't be so daunting. Am I being too much and 5 days for these goals is enough time?

The goals are technically doable, I've finished them before and could've finished this one but stopped after finishing the third goal yesterday. Of course, I do think it's easier if you're an older player who has had years to build up resources. At the same time I don't think any player considers these goals to be a breeze. They require much more planning than any other goal and are usually only able to be finished if you plan out every step and time things just right.

Part of me thinks this is why they keep offering repeat prizes that very few players want or need. This way if players only unlock the new recipes, they won't feel like they missed something great or got *****ed out of a great prize. At least, that's what I choose to think instead of thinking they're delusion enough to think these goals are fun, lol.

EdiiLouise
02-26-19, 06:06 AM
I'm hoping the side goal prize is something more decent

LinkinPark92
02-26-19, 02:33 PM
I should have had 30 minutes left normally (when I type this) and now the goal is already gone while I finished my lime juice just a few seconds ago. Now the blue raspberry juice is locked and I can?t open it

ikawaiipanda
02-26-19, 05:15 PM
Shockingly, I was able to complete this goal but that was only because I was off last week. I was on track to complete this goal with 3 hours to spare, but I messed up and served my Mango drinks about 2 hours after they had finished (because it was during the night that they were supposed to finish) and had about 60 minutes to serve the Blueberry Juice when it was actually supposed to finish in about 65 minutes, which means I had to spend about 3 gems just to finish the goal. Honestly, it wasn't much of a loss. But it just goes to show that the goal isn't doable unless you lose sleep over it.