PDA

View Full Version : Coming Up On 1600 Essence. Which Champion Should I Craft?

skyharbor602
01-19-19, 03:35 PM
Hey My Fellow Caretakers,
I'm coming up on 1600 essence and I'd like to craft one of the champion dragons I missed out on. I already have my 2 choices in mind - Dread Captain and Gentle Knight. I can't decide so I'm leaving it to you to help me decide. The winning dragon will be announced in 14 days. Which one do you think I should craft?

random59
01-19-19, 04:11 PM
Dread Captain would be my pick of the 2

Fr33b0rn
01-20-19, 02:27 AM
Id suggest a champion /colour combi that u need a lot for bingo : ie win a battle with a blue/ pink etc ifind i use my Cleric a lot as win with white or blue comes up a lot and having that Champion element always helps. Sorry to add a 3rd dragon into the options.

sipland
01-23-19, 07:55 PM
I like Dread Captain also. Mine is at level 12 and decently useful in battles. (I just looked in Codex to see the colour combo for Gentle Knight ... only to find out that I have one!! ... think I crafted through Codex and then forgot about her?!)

Side question: what have been your previous Codex "purchases"?

skyharbor602
01-23-19, 11:05 PM
I like Dread Captain also. Mine is at level 12 and decently useful in battles. (I just looked in Codex to see the colour combo for Gentle Knight ... only to find out that I have one!! ... think I crafted through Codex and then forgot about her?!)

Side question: what have been your previous Codex "purchases"?

Achilles, Black Rose, Valiant, Warden, Gilded Knight and Helios.

grandmatina
01-23-19, 11:42 PM
Passion is good in battles against champions.

FireballFarm
01-24-19, 10:16 AM

Passion is a good one but it, along with Left Heart and Right Heart, will most likely be rereleased for breeding in a couple weeks from now (Valentine's Day).

Nuicakes
01-24-19, 10:50 AM
I have both but use Gentle Knight more often. I've had GK much longer and it's level 13. DC is level 12 so that's another reason I pick GK first. DC has only lost once, but again, I don't use him as much as GK.

skyharbor602
01-24-19, 11:07 AM

I already have two Passion Dragons.

skyharbor602
01-24-19, 11:11 AM
Remember, I'm choosing between Dread Captain and Gentle Knight. So far the Dread Captain is leading but the right reasoning might push Gentle Knight over the finish line. Thank you all for your help so far. Winner will be announced February 2, 2019.

Sugarcat5
01-24-19, 02:56 PM
I find gentle knight to be great in battles...love gentle knight!!!! She is a lower level than dread captain but has more wins in the battle arena. She would be my pick.

FireballFarm
01-24-19, 11:27 PM
I don't have either but can say I see Gentle Knight near the top of the odds much more frequently than Dread Cap't.
DC seems to be the #1 pick for couple specific opponents, but not as 'all-around' as GK. Both of those have their merits. It's a tough choice.
I bet GK would be ****er without the white. And DC without the blue. Champ/pink? Heck, yeah.

Addition: For fun, I just ran the last tourney from round 13-30, omitting the Champ opponents. It's a slow night around the house. :D

DC would have been more handy to have for the last tourney. He and GK had the same odds for the majority of opponents, with 4 exceptions: Pearlhorn, Dark Prime Chrono, Night Bloom, and Dearest. DC was ranked higher than GK for those battles. 3 of those 4 opponents are white hybrids, so that's probably why.

Maybe my seeing GK on the lists more often than DC is implicit bias? Entirely possible. He's pretty darn ugly, and I do like attractive dragons. I might have been unknowingly overlooking his name.
Or it could just be an unusual number of white hybrids in the second half of that particular tourney.

I'm sticking with GK because DC is fugly.

(and because they seem to be pretty evenly matched. GK ranks better than DC against some of the black hybrids who weren't represented in the 2nd half of this tourney)

random59
01-25-19, 01:35 AM
Remember, I'm choosing between Dread Captain and Gentle Knight. So far the Dread Captain is leading but the right reasoning might push Gentle Knight over the finish line. Thank you all for your help so far. Winner will be announced February 2, 2019.

Why Gentle Knight, or are you trying for the complete collection? My level 15 Champions are Paladin, Guardian, Mithril, Rainbow Sentinel, Glasswing, Wardrum and Valiant!

Neo Glasswing will stay at level 1, Amazon are levels 10 and 4, Mithril?s are 15, 10 and 4, Dread is 13 and Cleric maybe 11 or 12! I have all the others but hardly use them!

This is the one of 2 types of dragons that need to be displayed Diamonds and Champions!

dovanificent
01-25-19, 09:31 AM
I find gentle knight to be great in battles...love gentle knight!!!! She is a lower level than dread captain but has more wins in the battle arena. She would be my pick.

I crafted the dark one because i wanted one to display on my island.
After that, i crafted all 3 of the habitats.

amerirish
01-25-19, 10:53 AM
I crafted Dread Captain but haven't used him yet because it's so food-expensive to level him up but I have and use Gentle Knight 15 all the time. GK is a fantastic fighter!!

Nuicakes
01-25-19, 12:07 PM
DC seems to be the #1 pick for couple specific opponents, but not as 'all-around' as GK.

I'm sticking with GK because DC is fugly.

GK ranks better than DC against some of the black hybrids who weren't represented in the 2nd half of this tourney

3 perfect points!

You've probably already done this, but I would compare the types of battles where the pink element is neutral or advantageous, and
1. Opponents where the white element is neutral or advantageous.
2. Opponents where the blue element is neutral or advantageous.

Abermudafulday
02-02-19, 04:24 PM
I will say I only have 4 Champions and GK is only Lvl 12 but she rarely fails! Also, just hit 1600 essence and looking to make a Diamond myself. Happy crafting and let us know what you decide!!

skyharbor602
02-02-19, 06:01 PM
I totally forgot today was February 2nd. I have made my pick and I'm crafting Gentle Knight. It's less food expensive and that's what put it over the top.
Thank you all for giving me advice on this. I took all opinions and factored them in.

FireballFarm
02-02-19, 10:16 PM

Congrats! He's a nice one. :)

Nuicakes
02-05-19, 12:47 PM
I totally forgot today was February 2nd. I have made my pick and I'm crafting Gentle Knight. It's less food expensive and that's what put it over the top.
Thank you all for giving me advice on this. I took all opinions and factored them in.

Congrats! I'd be very interested to hear your reviews.

CMeller
02-07-19, 03:11 AM
Wow - how did you get so much essence ? :)

Phoenix406
02-07-19, 04:55 PM

It just takes time. I think that many players only disenchant dragons that will give them 40 or more Essence. Many players are happy to have 1 of each dragon and don't mind parting with a duplicate of a Super Rare or Ultra Rare, so they probably build up more Essence more quickly.
I, on the other hand, love my dragons at all their different stages and don't usually disenchant unless I have at least 2, maybe 3, of a certain dragon. I will disenchant the 3rd of 4th one I get. Of course, as time goes on and I have fewer and fewer places for more habitats, I will probably have to cull more dragons. Anyway, the other thing I do is disenchant even those that only give 10 Essence. I don't bother to hatch commons that I already have mulitples of and that will only give 2 Essence - 2 Essence isn't worth the time and the food. But I do the 10 essence ones *all the time.*
I currently have 2094 Essence on one account and 3940 on my other account because I haven't crafted anything new for a while. I like to wait until I get 2400 because I'm weird. :) 2400 is a magical number that can be divided so many ways - you can get a 1600 Essence dragon and an 800 Essence one, or a 1600 + 2 400s, or 3 800s, or 2 800 and 2 400s, or 1 800 + 4 400s, or 6 400s!!

skyharbor602
02-07-19, 08:29 PM

Lots of patience and breeding an army of Quetzals and Infinities. Quetzals are the best ones to breed just for essence because the breeding/incubation time is just 32 hrs compared to most diamond types at 40 hours or above. Plus Quetzals are an easy diamond hybrid to breed. Sometimes I get an Infinity instead when I breed my Quetzal with an Infinity/Diamond but the extra 8 hrs is okay too. I'm still getting 100 essence either way.

CMeller
02-08-19, 04:36 AM
Lots of patience and breeding an army of Quetzals and Infinities. Quetzals are the best ones to breed just for essence because the breeding/incubation time is just 32 hrs compared to most diamond types at 40 hours or above. Plus Quetzals are an easy diamond hybrid to breed. Sometimes I get an Infinity instead when I breed my Quetzal with an Infinity/Diamond but the extra 8 hrs is okay too. I'm still getting 100 essence either way.

Aww ****, I don't have either Infinity or Quetzals :( Any good breeding tips to getting those ?

skyharbor602
02-08-19, 08:13 AM
Aww ****, I don't have either Infinity or Quetzals :( Any good breeding tips to getting those ?

To get Quetzal: The simplest way is to breed Diamond and Forest.
To get Infinity: Breed Diamond and any diamond hybrid (example: Diamond/Quetzal, Diamond/Crusader, etc)

dovanificent
02-08-19, 01:30 PM
I just crafted Omega Dark One. I just like the name.

G4OU812
02-08-19, 10:36 PM

I need to change to this strategy probably after I get a lot of diamond dragons because I want to build up my coin count so I plant higher priced crops.

Currently breeding Neo Diamond and Crusader.

cosmolife
02-12-19, 03:57 AM
To get Quetzal: The simplest way is to breed Diamond and Forest.
To get Infinity: Breed Diamond and any diamond hybrid (example: Diamond/Quetzal, Diamond/Crusader, etc)

What’s your recommendation to get a Diamond? I googled and it said to breed Island + Firestorm. Is this a good combo? I’ve tried it a few times. No luck. Do you have a better combo? Ty :love_heart:

skyharbor602
02-12-19, 10:55 AM
What’s your recommendation to get a Diamond? I googled and it said to breed Island + Firestorm. Is this a good combo? I’ve tried it a few times. No luck. Do you have a better combo? Ty :love_heart:

Any dragon that will contribute red, green, blue and yellow. It will take a long time to get a Diamond Dragon. Also Wizard and Fairy will give you a chance to get Infinity but it'll take time and patience as well. My first Diamond came from Mermaid and Firemane.

cosmolife
02-12-19, 05:54 PM
Any dragon that will contribute red, green, blue and yellow. It will take a long time to get a Diamond Dragon. Also Wizard and Fairy will give you a chance to get Infinity but it'll take time and patience as well. My first Diamond came from Mermaid and Firemane.

Thank you! Of the 4 dragons you mentioned, I’ve only got Fairy :rolleyes:

I found this bit of info about Diamond. Is it old news or current? It says Diamond can be bred with any 4 different types. Is this true, can I just throw in whatever dragons I have, as long as I pick 4 different types?

skyharbor602
02-12-19, 08:33 PM
Thank you! Of the 4 dragons you mentioned, I’ve only got Fairy :rolleyes:

I found this bit of info about Diamond. Is it old news or current? It says Diamond can be bred with any 4 different types. Is this true, can I just throw in whatever dragons I have, as long as I pick 4 different types?

Yes. Just any 4 elements (not necessarily red, blue, yellow, green. It can be any 4 elements together) can give you a shot at Diamond but, as mentioned, it will take a lot of patience. It took me til level 128 or 129 to finally get a Diamond Dragon after about a year playing Dragon Story.

cosmolife
02-12-19, 09:09 PM
Yes. Just any 4 elements (not necessarily red, blue, yellow, green. It can be any 4 elements together) can give you a shot at Diamond but, as mentioned, it will take a lot of patience. It took me til level 128 or 129 to finally get a Diamond Dragon after about a year playing Dragon Story.

Yikes! I’ve only been playing a week lmao. Besides Diamond, what’s another good dragon to trade in for essence? I only looked at Diamond because of comments above that it was a good dragon for essence. But if it takes a year to breed one.....I’ll be in my grave first ;)

Thank you for all your help to a newbie :love_heart:

skyharbor602
02-12-19, 09:22 PM
Yikes! I’ve only been playing a week lmao. Besides Diamond, what’s another good dragon to trade in for essence? I only looked at Diamond because of comments above that it was a good dragon for essence. But if it takes a year to breed one.....I’ll be in my grave first ;)

Thank you for all your help to a newbie :love_heart:

Any rare dragon will get you 10 essence, any super rare will get you 40 essence and any ultra rare will get you 100 essence (it doesn't have to be a diamond type. It could be a dragon won in the leaderboard, Dragon Tales or World Event).

cosmolife
02-13-19, 12:59 AM
Any rare dragon will get you 10 essence, any super rare will get you 40 essence and any ultra rare will get you 100 essence (it doesn't have to be a diamond type. It could be a dragon won in the leaderboard, Dragon Tales or World Event).

Ah that makes sense why you said Quetzals and Infinitys for essence. Atm I’m breeding Island + Firestorm, I keep getting Awoken. Just got my 10th one. So frustrating. And I only get 2 essence when I trade it in. Think I’ll just chuck in odd dragons together to get something different other than Awoken lol

May I ask, when you first played, what did you breed for coins? I’m always in dire need. It doesn’t make sense that I have 16/35 habitats allowed. But I don’t have the coins to expand or buy the habitats to put dragons in to make coins

ecxtasy
02-13-19, 09:09 AM
Ah that makes sense why you said Quetzals and Infinitys for essence. Atm I?m breeding Island + Firestorm, I keep getting Awoken. Just got my 10th one. So frustrating. And I only get 2 essence when I trade it in. Think I?ll just chuck in odd dragons together to get something different other than Awoken lol

May I ask, when you first played, what did you breed for coins? I?m always in dire need. It doesn?t make sense that I have 16/35 habitats allowed. But I don?t have the coins to expand or buy the habitats to put dragons in to make coins

This thread may help:

STARTING PLAYERS - How to get Rich

Errm trying to post this link from game guides but it's not working. Can someone help me out???!!!!

kooky panda
02-13-19, 11:40 AM
This thread may help:

Errm trying to post this link from game guides but it's not working. Can someone help me out???!!!!

Here is the link!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich/page22

mymonta
02-13-19, 02:45 PM
After reading this thread, I think I will also craft a Gentle Knight dragon. Maybe he shouldn't be named "Gentle" if he is such a good fighter. LOL! I really don't know a lot about battling. In general, are Rainbow and Cosmic type dragons any good at fighting? Those are the dragons I seem most attracted to (not in a weird way!!), but I don't think they do me much good when battling. If I'm looking for good battlers, should I stick with Champions and Diamonds for the most part, and just get the other types for display purposes? Thank you!

skyharbor602
02-13-19, 04:12 PM
After reading this thread, I think I will also craft a Gentle Knight dragon. Maybe he shouldn't be named "Gentle" if he is such a good fighter. LOL! I really don't know a lot about battling. In general, are Rainbow and Cosmic type dragons any good at fighting? Those are the dragons I seem most attracted to (not in a weird way!!), but I don't think they do me much good when battling. If I'm looking for good battlers, should I stick with Champions and Diamonds for the most part, and just get the other types for display purposes? Thank you!

I would say rainbow and cosmic types are pretty decent at fighting as are black and pink types (black and pink types are the crown jewel for me). Champs and diamond types are excellent for most people so I would say go for any champs in the Codex. The diamonds, on the other hand, can be bred for the most part. Unless you don't have a Diamond Dragon or enough tickets to craft a Neo Diamond from the ticket shop, I would say skip crafting any of the diamond types with Valiant or Dark Diamond being exceptions.

mymonta
02-13-19, 05:36 PM
I would say rainbow and cosmic types are pretty decent at fighting as are black and pink types (black and pink types are the crown jewel for me). Champs and diamond types are excellent for most people so I would say go for any champs in the Codex. The diamonds, on the other hand, can be bred for the most part. Unless you don't have a Diamond Dragon or enough tickets to craft a Neo Diamond from the ticket shop, I would say skip crafting any of the diamond types with Valiant or Dark Diamond being exceptions.

Thank you very much for the recommendations, Skyharbor! I actually really want a Feathered dragon just because it's pretty. Lol! But I need a good strong fighter, so I think I will go with Gentle Knight for now and then start saving up my Essence again. I usually don't have much luck with my pink dragons at all. :(

cosmolife
02-13-19, 07:57 PM
Here is the link!
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?43317-STARTING-PLAYERS-How-to-get-Rich/page22

A lot of the links are dead and broken :blue:

cosmolife
02-13-19, 08:02 PM
This thread may help:

Thank you! I did look at the guide to get rich. However, it’s not working. The guide said to breed red + light to get Love 5 hours breeding time. Then I was supposed to mass breed Love for coins. But something has changed. I keep getting Chaotic from that combo. No Love at all. Chaotic earns pretty much the same as any other common so I gave up :blue:

Do you have any other suggestions to earn coins? Ty

ecxtasy
02-14-19, 03:15 AM
Thank you! I did look at the guide to get rich. However, it?s not working. The guide said to breed red + light to get Love 5 hours breeding time. Then I was supposed to mass breed Love for coins. But something has changed. I keep getting Chaotic from that combo. No Love at all. Chaotic earns pretty much the same as any other common so I gave up :blue:

Do you have any other suggestions to earn coins? Ty

Aww unfortunately not sorry. I didn't even do any of that when I started playing as it was so many years ago dragon story never had all these different events going on and no where as near this many dragons available.

My take would probably be to just concentrate on what you really want in the game at this moment and don't get caught up on all these events trying to get every single dragon, it's hard enough just for long term players as it is. Once you get yourself in a better position then proceed with the events that you really want the dragon and can get yourself in a better position to complete.

One good thing is most dragons always come back around anyway and the codex is here now which you can eventually obtain a missed dragon.

You can just do half the events where you can craft or obtain some new dragons without too much difficulty!

cosmolife
02-14-19, 07:51 AM
Aww unfortunately not sorry. I didn't even do any of that when I started playing as it was so many years ago dragon story never had all these different events going on and no where as near this many dragons available.

My take would probably be to just concentrate on what you really want in the game at this moment and don't get caught up on all these events trying to get every single dragon, it's hard enough just for long term players as it is. Once you get yourself in a better position then proceed with the events that you really want the dragon and can get yourself in a better position to complete.

One good thing is most dragons always come back around anyway and the codex is here now which you can eventually obtain a missed dragon.

You can just do half the events where you can craft or obtain some new dragons without too much difficulty!

I’ve only been playing a week. My question wasn’t related to the event or any event. But how do players make money? I’m struggling just to buy a habitat to put a dragon in for it to make money :blue:

ecxtasy
02-14-19, 07:15 PM
I’ve only been playing a week. My question wasn’t related to the event or any event. But how do players make money? I’m struggling just to buy a habitat to put a dragon in for it to make money :blue:

Sorry........ Just keep collecting from your habitats you do have. Just breed the red and green dragons and buy cheap red and green habitats and put them in and just keep collecting coins there is no click your fingers magic everyone did the same thing starting up there is no ***** it takes a while to progress but then it gets easier.

May have to make a new thread this one is derailing.

cosmolife
02-15-19, 01:36 AM
Sorry........ Just keep collecting from your habitats you do have. Just breed the red and green dragons and buy cheap red and green habitats and put them in and just keep collecting coins there is no click your fingers magic everyone did the same thing starting up there is no ***** it takes a while to progress but then it gets easier.

May have to make a new thread this one is derailing.

Grrrr NOT asking about a *****. All the veteran players of all games KNOW what’s the best way to progress, what to do, what not to do. For making money in this game, is there or is there not a dragon that if you mass breed it, it will earn you more coins than the others? Or if you want to advance levels quickly, is there or is there not a dragon that gives a lot of xp points?

For instance, this thread gave me very good info on what dragons to breed to get the most essence out of them. If I hadn’t seen this info, I would still be turning in dragons for 2 essence each

Now I simply ask what dragons to breed to make the most coins. Don’t know how you read that as asking for a ***** :p

dovanificent
02-15-19, 09:36 AM
Grrrr NOT asking about a *****. All the veteran players of all games KNOW what’s the best way to progress, what to do, what not to do. For making money in this game, is there or is there not a dragon that if you mass breed it, it will earn you more coins than the others? Or if you want to advance levels quickly, is there or is there not a dragon that gives a lot of xp points?

For instance, this thread gave me very good info on what dragons to breed to get the most essence out of them. If I hadn’t seen this info, I would still be turning in dragons for 2 essence each

Now I simply ask what dragons to breed to make the most coins. Don’t know how you read that as asking for a ***** :p

Diamond dragons provide a lot of coins and the habitat costs only 100k points. Howver, breeding a diamond dragon is not easy.
Bread any combo that has green, red, yellow and blue.

Best way to collect coins is to buy red habitats. And then breed red+ other colors.

Best way to level up is to plants the 1 hour premium food non stop

ecxtasy
02-18-19, 09:29 AM

How did you find gentle knight? Was he a good choice?

skyharbor602
02-18-19, 03:36 PM
How did you find gentle knight? Was he a good choice?

I like the little guy.

ecxtasy
02-18-19, 03:44 PM
Good to know I think I might craft him. Hope he works out for me too!

SofiaDeo
04-28-19, 09:28 AM
I?ve only been playing a week. My question wasn?t related to the event or any event. But how do players make money? I?m struggling just to buy a habitat to put a dragon in for it to make money :blue:
What I did, when I started, was to do a large amount of greens/green habitats. They are fast to build & breed. (I had so many, visitors commented on it & asked why) I expanded using Expansion Permits, without clearing foliage off of a lot of the spaces, unless it was the less expensive items. I left expensive rocks, etc. Then after I got a decent amount of coins I sold off a bunch of the green habitats & dragons, and replaced with others. Obviously I wasn't playing events or trying things in the goalbook.
So I think I spent a month or so doing this. Not very exciting, but then I had a decent coin base to get food for farms, buy more expensive habitats, & clear expensive rubble.

kooky panda
04-29-19, 10:43 AM
Hey guys, the thread has been going off topic. Please keep your posts to the topic shown on post 1:

Hey My Fellow Caretakers,
I'm coming up on 1600 essence and I'd like to craft one of the champion dragons I missed out on. I already have my 2 choices in mind - Dread Captain and Gentle Knight. I can't decide so I'm leaving it to you to help me decide. The winning dragon will be announced in 14 days. Which one do you think I should craft?

deadpixel
05-01-19, 06:44 AM
Now I simply ask what dragons to breed to make the most coins. Don?t know how you read that as asking for a ***** :p

I can’t tell you what to breed in this thread, but I can tell you what you might want to craft with essence.

https://i.ibb.co/ScMMkZv/2-D0922-C9-E8-F5-4-F92-9770-8-DDF378-F5357.jpg

The Cornucopia Dragon. It is a little known fact that this ugly guy is one of the highest, if not THE HIGHEST, coin earner of all non-ultra-rare dragons. At level-10, this underrated dragon pulls in 4,480 coins an hour, and at a cost of 400 essences, I think he’s a steal. Your only worry would be to find a suitable habitat to house him in to maximize your coin collection.

Note: He’s only breedable during Fall (Harvest).

Note 2: Unless they are ultra-rare, Champion type dragons are AVERAGE coin earners.

Fairyzbakery
05-24-19, 01:42 AM
Why can't I see any champion dragons in my game. They are not in the codex or the market. I have 1200 essence and I would really like to get one.

deadpixel
05-24-19, 04:57 AM
Why can't I see any champion dragons in my game. They are not in the codex or the market. I have 1200 essence and I would really like to get one.

What level are you?