PDA

View Full Version : Off grid habitats

lmmortaI1
01-05-19, 02:08 PM
This habitat is probably a quad yes? I'm curious if it'll be broken with huge gaps or not even look as a quad like the other quads we've had recently. Thanks to storm 8 for ignoring us who purchased the 1st few huge gapped broken quads and apparently no concern to fix. Now I feel uneasy to even buy any of these habitats. At least if you would let us know you are going to fix and not continue to put out broken products I could maybe start buying habitats again

lmmortaI1
01-08-19, 02:46 PM
I guess everyone gave up on these always broken quads huh? Not like I have the land to place habitats anyway and now no room for dragons since I'm not going to continue selling bought 4 dragons for broken 5 quads. No response from any storm8 employees and not effort to fix the extremely broken ones is very disappointing. Nobody knows if all the new ones are being sold broken as well. Please fix the 3 out of the 4 broken off track habitats from the dark and spooky and stop releasing new broken quads. Is that really asking for too much

lmmortaI1
01-08-19, 07:23 PM
I'm posting about this again seeing how storm 8 must not have seen or would have responded. I'm attaching pictures to show how the habitats are off. The only 1 habitat to the west is the only 1 not off. So that one is good. The other 3 are off. Please fix these.

For reference I'll attach the original

[S8] Elsa
01-09-19, 02:26 PM
Thank you for the detailed report with images. We'll check on this for you.

FlatFoot
01-09-19, 02:51 PM
Yes, thank you for the images. We'll be updating the positioning of these habitats shortly!

lmmortaI1
01-09-19, 08:25 PM
Elsa;1558766']Thank you for the detailed report with images. We'll check on this for you.

Yes, thank you for the images. We'll be updating the positioning of these habitats shortly!

Yay. Thanks guys

FlatFoot
01-10-19, 09:36 AM
One of our awesome teammates has adjusted the placement this morning and it looks great. We're just doing some final tests before releasing the fix, but you should all get it today! I'll update again when it's out.

FlatFoot
01-10-19, 10:24 AM
Alright, you should see the habitats repositioned now! Please let us know here if they've been fixed in your game. If they are not, please first try restarting the app.

mylord7
01-10-19, 11:24 AM
Hi FlatFoot, long time no see... Will you correct and reposision all the previous given quad habitats?
Because, all the quads have the same issue and a lot of players, along with me, we have stopped from bying the new habitats, because of their off grid construction!

lmmortaI1
01-10-19, 11:27 AM
Alright, you should see the habitats repositioned now! Please let us know here if they've been fixed in your game. If they are not, please first try restarting the app.

Awesome. I just checked and it's fixed in my game. Thank you. They look great now. Nice work guys

Phoenix406
01-10-19, 02:15 PM
Wow! I'm actually shocked by this turn of events and seriously thought that no one would ever respond about this issue.

FlatFoot
01-10-19, 02:16 PM
Hi FlatFoot, long time no see... Will you correct and reposision all the previous given quad habitats?
Because, all the quads have the same issue and a lot of players, along with me, we have stopped from bying the new habitats, because of their off grid construction!

If there are any previously released multi-habitats that could be improved by changing their position please let us know here which they are. It'll be a massive help if we knew which ones need it, then I can do my best to allocate some time with team resources and get it done.

mylord7
01-10-19, 05:18 PM
If there are any previously released multi-habitats that could be improved by changing their position please let us know here which they are. It'll be a massive help if we knew which ones need it, then I can do my best to allocate some time with team resources and get it done.
Thank you very much for your reply and your time. I really appreciate it!
I think almost all the previous monthly multi-habitats have coordination or gap issues.
For example, Holiday Mall, Toboggan Knolls and the rest ones of the December quad habitats need to be repositioned.
Here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106870-December-Dragons-Herald-Dragon-and-Choir-Dragon&p=1554084&viewfull=1#post1554084), you will find an attached pic of the Toboggan Knolls and you will notice how big is the problem on that.
Since I have stopped buying the multi-habitats, because of that issue, I can't be sure which ones of them need to be fixed. I hope other players read this topic and reply with more info.

lmmortaI1
01-10-19, 05:33 PM
I think there's only 1 other quad set off. The arcane set is good and so far the 2 of the 4 fairytale seem ok. I think the holiday was the other set off but I don't have the pictures of it or I'd share. I do have another few broken images that are in the game
Arcane symbol appears as always selected and seems strange when actually selected. As seen in 1st picture fairytale is selected but arcane appears as well. This is in the trading portal the only place where all new types show up because they none of the new ones show in breeding yet
In the 2nd image battlemage level image is broken from level 10 and up
This last image is android only. The market types scroll off track and behind the dragon, habitats, decor section like the type scrollbar is alot wider than the types and the rest of the bar is behind dragons, habitats ect so the types scroll behind. So basically that scroll bar doesn't just scroll up/down. It moves side to side as well hiding behind

Phoenix406
01-10-19, 06:04 PM

This has also been an issue in Fantasy Forest Story with the quad habitats, like the rainbow quad, the celestial quad, the "elements" quad, and I don't know if there are any others. Those are the only ones that come to mind. It's great these are being fixed, but this is an aesthetic "problem" that doesn't affect game play like, oh, say, lack of expansions. Ahem!

Natasha_07
01-10-19, 06:54 PM
Will other group habitats be fixed as well ?
Because mines are still off, I don't think I'll buy anymore sets unless they fit the same way as advertised.

Natasha_07
01-10-19, 07:07 PM
This has also been an issue in Fantasy Forest Story with the quad habitats, like the rainbow quad, the celestial quad, the "elements" quad, and I don't know if there are any others. Those are the only ones that come to mind. It's great these are being fixed, but this is an aesthetic "problem" that doesn't affect game play like, oh, say, lack of expansions. Ahem!

Exchanging marble keys for maps, trading/gifting with neighbors, requesting them like maps, lower the amount of time crafting or increase key quantity can all help big time.

But back to the group habitats I do like them, I remember when habitats were 3 dragons max and I used to ask to make 5 dragon habitats. Didn't know that they would ever do it, guess with time changes have to take place.

The new group habitats in FFS are quite beautiful as well at least how they are showing the original, they fit nicely.

Phoenix406
01-10-19, 07:44 PM
Exchanging marble keys for maps, trading/gifting with neighbors, requesting them like maps, lower the amount of time crafting or increase key quantity can all help big time.

But back to the group habitats I do like them, I remember when habitats were 3 dragons max and I used to ask to make 5 dragon habitats. Didn't know that they would ever do it, guess with time changes have to take place.

The new group habitats in FFS are quite beautiful as well at least how they are showing the original, they fit nicely.

These are all great suggestions. I just want to mention that, even though this is the DS forum, I was referring to the fact that many of us in FFS have 0 - that is ZERO - room to expand, yet every event requires us to hatch certain animals in order to move forward, so we either can't play any of the events any more or we have to sell off animals that we have already invested time and food into. I don't want to sell any of my animals, but if we could trade them towards obtaining other animals like we do in DS, it would take the sting out of it a little bit.

gauhar1988
01-12-19, 09:36 AM
Storm8, thank you for Halloween habitats=) Can you fix it?

glenngenius
01-16-19, 01:46 AM
Hi Flatfoot, Kooky, and Elsa.

I just want to ask if Storm 8 will release again this month's special fairy habitats by the end of the month? Seeing how they are interconnected in the preview makes me wanna buy them all, but I missed the previous two. Thank you in advance for your response! :)

kooky panda
01-17-19, 10:50 AM
Hi Flatfoot, Kooky, and Elsa.

I just want to ask if Storm 8 will release again this month's special fairy habitats by the end of the month? Seeing how they are interconnected in the preview makes me wanna buy them all, but I missed the previous two. Thank you in advance for your response! :)
I did check on this and I am sorry but currently there is no information if any of these will return.

lmmortaI1
01-27-19, 01:22 PM
The new quads look great, even better then in the picture. There is gaps in the advertisement picture but in game its seamless. Thanks storm looking good

glenngenius
01-27-19, 06:29 PM
The new quads look great, even better then in the picture. There is gaps in the advertisement picture but in game its seamless. Thanks storm looking good

Aww! That's so nice. I wanted to buy these knowing that they don't have gaps, but it seems s8 will not re-release them by the end of the month. :( Oh well, maybe next time.

lmmortaI1
02-03-19, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't some more of those floating mining lands in groups of 4 be just perfect for all these quads being released? Id love to see more of those open up for us

lmmortaI1
04-18-19, 08:41 PM
So last time were told to post off grid habitats here and the trio is way off.

lmmortaI1
04-18-19, 08:42 PM
There is a thread here with pictures https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?107948-Oracle-Pool-habitat-alignment

[S8] Elsa
04-19-19, 04:28 PM
If they're puzzle habitats, go by how they look and fit together versus the grid alignment. Some of them will be offset in order to create the seamless design when all of the habitats in the set are on the game board.

However, if you've put them together and something still looks off to you, feel free to share and we'll take a look.

mylord7
04-19-19, 08:07 PM
Elsa;1574927']If they're puzzle habitats, go by how they look and fit together versus the grid alignment. Some of them will be offset in order to create the seamless design when all of the habitats in the set are on the game board.

However, if you've put them together and something still looks off to you, feel free to share and we'll take a look.
Dear Elsa, have you checked the topic that lmmortaI1 mentioned above? This is a sticky topic in the bug section of the forum, reported over a month now and we have added proofs with pictures. The 1st and 3rd habitats are off lines either if we place the separately, or if we place them all together and the result is awful! Here (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?107948-Oracle-Pool-habitat-alignment&p=1570241&viewfull=1#post1570241) is the screenshot when we put them together! So, please, take a look on that!

mymonta
04-19-19, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it's a mess. I don't usually complain about the gaps between habitats, but this way they overlap or something, and that isn't right.

Fyym
04-20-19, 06:32 AM
Lol, I loved that response. Basically it's not the game, your placing them wrong. Just like every other problem. It's not us, its you. So don't expect us to fix it.

lmmortaI1
04-20-19, 08:20 AM
Those trio habitats need to be adjusted to line up properly. We understand if they are off but look right that's ok but these are off and look terrible

lmmortaI1
04-20-19, 08:59 AM

lmmortaI1
04-20-19, 09:01 AM
Have a look at these pictures. In the preview image it looks good with the flowing lava lining up in all 3 habitats. Then have a look at the 3 habitats placed on my island and see none of them line up. I believe the 1st and 3rd habitat are off. The 1st habitat is really off

lmmortaI1
04-20-19, 09:02 AM
Elsa;1574927']If they're puzzle habitats, go by how they look and fit together versus the grid alignment. Some of them will be offset in order to create the seamless design when all of the habitats in the set are on the game board.

Please look ☝️

[S8] Elsa
04-22-19, 10:21 AM
Lol, I loved that response. Basically it's not the game, your placing them wrong. Just like every other problem. It's not us, its you. So don't expect us to fix it.

You are placing them wrong. They fit together when you do it properly. :)

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 11:10 AM
Elsa;1575422']You are placing them wrong. They fit together when you do it properly. :)

Please look at the advertisement photo and my screen shot. They are identical and the habitats are definitely off.

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 11:11 AM

One more time. Have a look. The habitats and lava doesn't line up

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 11:17 AM
Here try this. They're definitely off. See how habitat 1 & 3 and lava are way off?

[S8] Elsa
04-22-19, 11:50 AM
One more time. Have a look. The habitats and lava doesn't line up

Yes, they do align as advertised. I just created this screenshot after placing them. Please try arranging them again and align the lava instead of just aligning them with the grid.

Puzzle habitats do not center on the grid in order to make them fit together as designed.

https://i.imgur.com/ModGVTm.jpg

mylord7
04-22-19, 01:37 PM
Come on Elsa, I was expecting a better official reply than that! We are buying 4X4 Habitats for years and it is the first time that I read that the grid alignment isn't the priority for the habitats!
Why some of the Quad/Puzzle habitats fit perfect together, as the ones of this GOT themed month and some others not?

Yes indeed, the result of your picture is possible if we place them in the middle of nowhere, as in your example, by placing them exactly as follows:
a) The 1st habitat 1 grid row rightwards than it's correct position, the 2nd habitat 1 grid row upwards than it's correct position and the 3rd habitat in the correct position or
b) The 1st habitat 1 grid row downwards than it's correct position, the 2nd habitat 1 grid raw leftwards than it's correct position and the 3rd habitat 1 grid raw leftwards and 1 grid raw downwards at the same time.

But is this a correct and normal housing? This way, in total, they occupy more space than the 4X4 they introduced for, space that most of us, the devoted players who are on Level 200, we don't have any more and we can't place them in the middle of nowhere, because even the 1 grid raw offset is significant for us anymore!
Besides, by placing the habitats this way, to look correctly as in your picture, there is a whole grid raw space in between the 1st and the 2nd habitat! What is supposing to place in there? Some decors? (rhetorical question)

In conclusion, I realize that they won't be fixed and in order to have them look fine, we have to keep them in offset positions!

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 01:47 PM
Elsa;1575456']Yes, they do align as advertised. I just created this screenshot after placing them. Please try arranging them again and align the lava instead of just aligning them with the grid.

Puzzle habitats do not center on the grid in order to make them fit together as designed.

https://i.imgur.com/ModGVTm.jpg

Um that's still not right. Player's do not have land like that to be using up 7 normal spots for 3 habitats and that's not even true what you're saying. Every other puzzle habitats go together per 1 habitat spot. We already know from this happening before that they need to be adjusted to fit correctly into 3 spots 1 per habitat. Please fix them. They only have to adjust 1st and 3rd habitat

[S8] Elsa
04-22-19, 01:51 PM
Um that's still not right. Player's do not have land like that to be using up 7 normal spots for 3 habitats and that's not even true what you're saying. Every other puzzle habitats go together per 1 habitat spot. We already know from this happening before that they need to be adjusted to fit correctly into 3 spots 1 per habitat. Please fix them. They only have to adjust 1st and 3rd habitat

The habitats were advertised to align this way and we can't change them just for two players. Thank you for understanding.

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 01:54 PM
Elsa;1575475']The habitats were advertised to align this way and we can't change them just for two players. Thank you for understanding.

I'm sure there are more than only 2 players and yes they were advertised this way but for 3 habitat spots not 7. That's ridiculous. All other puzzle habitats alignment is 1 per 1 spot. These are wrong

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 02:02 PM
That's seriously scandalous Elsa to say these are correct because they can go together but using 1/2 of 1 spot and 1/4 of this spot and 1 in the correct spot. You know []well 1 habitat goes in 1 spot for everything else. Man I thought you guys were really getting better but just so corrupt. You guys are lucky those of us who actually bought these as it is. So many do not because this issue is well known now and could be avoided in the first place

lmmortaI1
04-22-19, 02:14 PM
In my screen shots you can see 6 other quad (puzzle habitats) and as you can see they all fit into correct spots. How is the trio going to be placed correctly into normal spots? Btw your welcome for having faith in you guys when no one else did to continue to buy all these expensive habitats and support this game

mylord7
04-22-19, 04:42 PM
Elsa;1575475']The habitats were advertised to align this way and we can't change them just for two players. Thank you for understanding.
It's not that we are just 2 players who still fairly trying for this issue to be resolved, but since you took the wrong turn a couple of years ago, we are 2 of the remained 10-15 devoted players ONLY, who keep this DS forum alive anymore, a forum that used to have tens of new posts and participants every day in the past and by having an official reply of that kind I can only say, everything happens for a reason and all the parts get what they deserve in the end! Thank you for understanding.

mymonta
04-22-19, 05:15 PM
I can't even believe that she would consider this a remotely satisfactory answer.

Like I said previously, I don't get too fussed about the habitats, but the completely tone deaf reply when **many** players have made it *abundantly* clear that space is a constant issue and writing off 2 long time faithful players as having illegitimate concerns is borderline alarming. It's basically telling players to go and "love" themselves. I don't know if this is management's official stance or not.

ghostiemom
04-22-19, 08:14 PM
I only bought one of the habitats, I’m not one of the “two players”, and I think this is a crappy scam and that was a crappy response. I’ve been playing this game for years and I’m disgusted with what it’s become. I only still play because I’m a bit ocd and have trouble shaking habits. :p The crooked habitat I did buy looks stupid and this game has generallybecome a money grabbing chore instead of fun.

lmmortaI1
04-24-19, 05:40 AM
Well if we are the only 2 buying these habitats then they are really in trouble now because I'll never buy another one of these. That's so corrupt making these go together in the middle of nowhere cutting into other habitat plots and then saying they are correct because you don't want to take 10 minutes to align the 2 that are off grid. That's some shady stuff right there. Now I'm really afraid to buy any of these. Good job storm 8. You guys obviously can't be trusted at all.

lmmortaI1
05-04-19, 08:27 AM
New quad released. Be careful people. It may only go together using 10 different spots instead of 4 spots , since they say that's actually correct now

lmmortaI1
05-14-19, 06:02 PM
So is anyone buying the new may quad puzzle habitats? I'm curious if storm is going to do a shady move with these habitats going forward now. Saying they do fit together going outside the typical habitat square and only going together in the middle of nowhere using like 10 spots instead of 4. I'm not buying anymore until they fix the ones that are still broken and really they deserve no business with their shady actions and responses

mymonta
05-14-19, 07:33 PM
The new ones seem to be fitting together from what I see.

deadpixel
05-15-19, 09:04 AM
I know what you mean, I really do :(

It was in DS' cousin game, FFS. They had a beautiful, space-themed quad-habitat that they kept flashing in pop-ups during a space creatures month. I was maxed out in expansions because they had not introduced any new ones in almost a year but loved the look and theme so much that I euthanized many of my beloved creatures and sold of existing habitats, just to make way for these. To my horror, when I put them together, there was a thin line of green, from the "ground" below that showed through the joints of the quad! This line was not in the pop-up adverts, and such an issue had never occurred in previous quad-habitats.

I reported the issue, the mods reported the issue, but you guessed it, the powers that be, did nothing.

lmmortaI1
05-18-19, 11:02 AM
The new ones seem to be fitting together from what I see.

No they don't. Someone just told me the 3rd habitat looks funny and off a bit. I don't understand I thought these looked like one big habitat when originally made for ffs. Now they look as if a child made them. There's imperfections and cracks everywhere if you look closely. Not to mention they still won't fix the trio that many users use the last 3 spots from the mining land to place and that will not work. I can't believe the work/business ethic of this company

lmmortaI1
05-18-19, 11:18 AM
This thread should always be at the top. Really who cares about the others with stuff like this always happening. Great another tournament, another event, another leaderboard, 50 more dragons. Fix the stuff that is wrong in this game ffs. Add all the different dragon types correctly in the codex, add other options, ADD LAND, and stop releasing broken habitats and fix the broken images in the game