PDA

View Full Version : [SOLUTION] Transfer Farm/Bakery/Restaurant game to new android device

xpsycho
04-11-11, 10:36 AM
Ok I got so fed up waiting and waiting for TeamLava to transfer my games to my new device so I took it on my own to make a solution. I will walk you through every step so you can transfer it yourself without interaction from TeamLava Personel.

Step 1 - Get on your old device and install iMobsters
Step 2 - Play until you reach level 2 (takes like 15 seconds)
Step 3 - Click Home (softkey on bottom)
Step 4 - Click on the cog (Settings Menu)
Step 5 - Click on Storm8 tab
Step 6 - Create a Storm8 ID with password. (VERY IMPORTANT if you haven't already done this)
Step 7 - Log into your NEW device
Step 8 - install iMobsters on your new device
Step 9 - Play until you reach level 2 (Level 2 is needed in order to access the home menu)
Step 10 - Click Home
Step 11 - Click the cog (Settings)
Step 12 - Click Storm8 tab
Step 13 - Click Create a new ID on your new device (doesn't matter what you use because you aren't using this long)
Step 14 - Click Start/Resume Transfer button.
Step 15 - Click on New Device button on the next screen when it asks what device you are on.
Step 16 - It will ask you to log into your old account.
Step 17 - Using the information you created in step 6 above, log into your new device.
Step 18 - Start the process. Takes a few seconds.

I hope this helps everyone out. This process only works if you have your old device or your login info from your device.

Peace Out

Storm8: xpsycho
Xpsycho.com

GroupMagma
04-11-11, 11:32 AM
You can also contact support@teamlava.com to assist with transfers.

tonyr4music
04-20-11, 01:14 AM
Works perfect! I didn't even have to do step 13 (skip).

Bbelow
06-08-11, 10:44 PM
This didn't help with bakery story though. It only worked for the mobsters one...

talyon
06-08-11, 11:05 PM
There is a thread or 2 with a link that explains how to transfer any device to any device in these or storm8 forums. Use search if u want to find it. It's been around for ages. Gl

Rachael98
06-09-11, 03:29 AM
You can also contact support@teamlava.com to assist with transfers.

lol. I think that for iDevice (although of course this is BS Android!) you can transfer on the site teamlava.com can't you?

mvang0009
06-15-11, 09:47 PM
Step 13 is WRONG! I did this and as a result I now cannot transfer my old storm ID to my new phone.

trenae
06-15-11, 09:52 PM
Usually if there is a Storm8 ID already associated with the device you want to transfer to, it will not allow you to complete the transfer since there's already an account associated with the device.

If you are using a Storm8 game to transfer, you can follow the below steps which are provided on Storm8's forum. You can use any Storm8 game to do this, provided you have a Storm8 ID for account on old device you want to transfer, and not a Storm8 ID associated with the new device.

___

Taken From Storm8's Forum: (you can use either an idevice or an Android to complete the transfer steps using a Storm8 app and should transfer ALL Storm8 and TeamLava characters you have).

Transferring accounts to a new iPod/iPhone/Android device (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=13227)

If you have your old device OR know your old account's Storm8 ID information, you can do the transfer yourself with the following steps:

1. Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).
2. Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
3. On your new device log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your characters will have moved to the new device.

___

But if you run into any issues or if you are not able to do your own transfer - email TeamLava Support - they'll be able to assist you with your transfer needs.

Jaynlena3
10-17-11, 09:39 PM
Best advice yet.. I have tryed to transfer for two weeks and hav.e finally done it. Thank you so much! :)

bletchingdon
10-22-11, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the info:)

Breejan1987
10-31-11, 07:08 AM
I have a Dell Streak 7 and have been playing Farm Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story and Fashion Story. This morning I turned on the device and opened one of the games to find that everything is lost and I'm starting all over again. This is true for all 4 games.

I have attempted to install a couple Storm8 games (imobsters & pets live). Neither will load for me. I get a process.com.storm8 error message. Can anybody help? I know that all of my things are expiring!

kooky panda
10-31-11, 07:38 AM
I have a Dell Streak 7 and have been playing Farm Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story and Fashion Story. This morning I turned on the device and opened one of the games to find that everything is lost and I'm starting all over again. This is true for all 4 games.

I have attempted to install a couple Storm8 games (imobsters & pets live). Neither will load for me. I get a process.com.storm8 error message. Can anybody help? I know that all of my things are expiring!
have you tried to delete your games and redownload them from the app store? If you have, and your games are still not there, you will need to
email support@teamlava.com

Give them your storm ID, the games, and the device you play on and tell them that you have already deleted the games and redownloaded them.

Have you recently had another issue fixed by support?

Breejan1987
10-31-11, 08:42 AM
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I did try those steps. I've not had any help from support before because I've never contacted them. :)

I was able to fix this though. I discovered from another post that the reason the 2 Storm8 games I tried would not load is because they are not compatible with my version of Android. The only one which works is the racing game. I installed it and followed the instructions and now all of my games are loading properly again! Yay!

This also explains why I've been unable to install iMobsters in order to get rid of the pop up in the games. I don't really want to play the game but was willing to download it in order to not have to deal with the pop up.

kooky panda
10-31-11, 09:48 AM
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I did try those steps. I've not had any help from support before because I've never contacted them. :)

I was able to fix this though. I discovered from another post that the reason the 2 Storm8 games I tried would not load is because they are not compatible with my version of Android. The only one which works is the racing game. I installed it and followed the instructions and now all of my games are loading properly again! Yay!

This also explains why I've been unable to install iMobsters in order to get rid of the pop up in the games. I don't really want to play the game but was willing to download it in order to not have to deal with the pop up.

Thanks for letting us know.. I am a glad you got your games back.

Palm10
01-23-12, 06:05 PM
I just wanted to say thank you for posting how to transfer accounts. I've been playing some of the team games for over a year & was truly depressed at the thought of having to start over. I emailed team lava a week ago and still haven't heard back. Thanks again.

acidxeno
08-01-12, 12:47 AM
Still works, thanks.

rumakabir
03-06-13, 11:10 AM
can I start a new bakery story in my old device?If possible how?

sehana
03-06-13, 11:20 AM
can I start a new bakery story in my old device?If possible how?
Sorry you can't start a new game on your old device.

If you have an extra device, you can transfer the ID you don't want to the extra device. Then start a new game on the old device.

rumakabir
03-06-13, 06:55 PM
tnx for the information..I can not download BUBBLE MANIA in my device..I also could not download Dragon story,slot. it always says error 498.I need gems in restaurant story,bakery story..I wrote to support team..but they gave no solution..

bbyaii
08-02-13, 05:48 PM
wow thanks!
this worked for me! (i downloaded imobsters to transfer my bakerystory acc)
make sure you restart your app after the steps! :D