PDA

View Full Version : Unicorn (2nd) & Gryffin - Monthly Craftable Dragons Jan 1st 2019

amerirish
01-01-19, 12:20 PM
Unicorn (2nd) Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Beast
Habitat: Secluded Tower
Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 4,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 25 hours
Exp Gained: 780
Parts needed: 20,000 Fairyscrolls

Gryffin Dragon
Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Beast
Habitat: Secluded Tower
Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 4,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 25 hours
Exp Gained: 780
Parts needed: 20,000 Lorebooks

Habitat:
Fantasy Field {pic to follow}

Cost: 1,000,000 Coins
Dragon Capacity: 2 { :mad: }
Coin Capacity: 10,000
Upgradeable to 5 Dragon Capacity {amount of gold unknown}

deadpixel
01-01-19, 12:25 PM
These are not dragons, they are new beasts types that you get to craft.

https://i.ibb.co/SwcfCh4/1276418-B-491-B-47-E7-A5-DA-DEEBD0-D578-C3.jpg

What's going on? Are they merging DS with FFS :confused:

random59
01-01-19, 12:49 PM
Would be interested to know why we have now 2 Unicorns one being Diamond and now a Beast Hybrid.

Let’s hope we get a Fairytale/Diamond Hybrid along with a Fairytale/Champion Hybrid.

As yet no Beast Habitat available.

Is this event going to be a novelty of late and be glitch free, that we will have to wait and see!

Good luck to those participating!

squigglish
01-01-19, 01:09 PM
These are not dragons, they are new beasts types that you get to craft.

https://i.ibb.co/SwcfCh4/1276418-B-491-B-47-E7-A5-DA-DEEBD0-D578-C3.jpg

What's going on? Are they merging DS with FFS :confused:
Are we supposed to collect New Stars and tunestones or Fairyscrolls and Lorebooks ? I am totally confused by the pop up

Rfs04
01-01-19, 01:09 PM
Sad to say the event barely out of gate and drum roll please.... we have a glitch, what a surprise!

I admit it is minor and hopefully does no harm, but if you look at popup in dead pixels post, it proudly announces earn new stars and tune stones to get these critters??? New stars n tunestones huh then in fine print at bottom we see fairy scrolls n books

Geezer, they cant even put a pop up together right...SIGH

squigglish
01-01-19, 01:14 PM
Sad to say the event barely out of gate and drum roll please.... we have a glitch, what a surprise!

I admit it is minor and hopefully does no harm, but if you look at popup in dead pixels post, it proudly announces earn new stars and tune stones to get these critters??? New stars n tunestones huh then in fine print at bottom we see fairy scrolls n books

Geezer, they cant even put a pop up together right...SIGH
To paraphrase the old tv show The Honeymooners...No one is 100 percent. You are S8, you are wrong every time

squigglish
01-01-19, 01:23 PM
One more thing about these beasts in Dragon Story. What exactly are they? Do they battle? Can they breed like dragons? Just what is it that we are getting if we decide to purchase them for 4,000 gold or earn them through the monthly events? I would really like to know what makes these beasts even worth the gold or the effort required to obtain them. Why was there no lead in before the launch so we could at least have some kind of idea what to expect?

deadpixel
01-01-19, 01:24 PM
Are we supposed to collect New Stars and tunestones or Fairyscrolls and Lorebooks ? I am totally confused by the pop up

A look into the Spell Shop shows that we have to collect Fairyscrolls and Lorebooks.

These aren't dragons. It looks like on top of not having enough land for our dragon citizens, we have to find room to create a refugee camp for creatures from other realms :(

orson32
01-01-19, 01:28 PM
Whats with the new Beast variety..I thought this was DRAGON story not Fantasy Forest Story..are they running out of ideas for dragons. Lol..
We already have one Unicorn and it is a DRAGON.. We don't need a beast.one..come on S8.. Lets be more creative!!

deadpixel
01-01-19, 01:36 PM
Whats with the new Beast variety..I thought this was DRAGON story not Fantasy Forest Story..are they running out of ideas for dragons. Lol..
We already have one Unicorn and it is a DRAGON.. We don't need a beast.one..come on S8.. Lets be more creative!!

Hmm... Judging from the way the artist spelled "Gryffin," I'd say he/she is an HP fan :tickled_pink:

random59
01-01-19, 01:42 PM
Hmm... Judging from the way the artist spelled "Gryffin," I'd say he/she is an HP fan :tickled_pink:

Forgot about about that because we already have a Griffin Dragon, definitely no imagination with names!

Rfs04
01-01-19, 02:08 PM
While many of us are tired of all the neo... dragons, we have a neo rapunzel in the event and I think 2 more monthly neos would have been better than stealing fantasy forest creatures and importing them here. At least they'd be dragons :)

I wonder how they will differentiate the unicorns? Will the newest actually be referred to as unicornBeast or maybe unicorn beast dragon ? Ooh I should have looked in codex.

Since there is no habitat...yet??? Guess deadpixel is right, they'll be in refugee camp!!

random59
01-01-19, 02:59 PM
No refugee camp, apparently the habitat for them is the Secluded Tower which is a Fairytale Habitat, talk about another fine mess! My suggestion for a Fairytail/Diamond Hybrid could be named Neo Fairy Unicorn! haha!

heyyou0123
01-01-19, 03:51 PM
This unicorn different with no wings n rainbow, the shape n look exactly like fantasy forest story crystal unicorn . Also the griffin it come frpm fantasy forest 2. Wonders why today new year but nothing for sale, been waiting for diamond habitat onsale, it been awhile

random59
01-01-19, 04:13 PM
This unicorn different with no wings n rainbow, the shape n look exactly like fantasy forest story crystal unicorn . Also the griffin it come frpm fantasy forest 2. Wonders why today new year but nothing for sale, been waiting for diamond habitat onsale, it been awhile

No the Griffin is Yellow/White Hybrid has been around for years, a bit like leopard, thousands of sunshine’s trying to breed for these 2!

Rfs04
01-01-19, 04:59 PM
No refugee camp, apparently the habitat for them is the Secluded Tower which is a Fairytale Habitat, talk about another fine mess! My suggestion for a Fairytail/Diamond Hybrid could be named Neo Fairy Unicorn! haha!

While the million coin twosome habitats have been for monthly dragons, not seeing a paw in the type area makes me leery to think unicorn will sit there....

This wouldn't be the first time S8 overlooked a teeny detail, now would it? I wonder if our poor creatures will undergo surgery n quickest fix make them beast n fairytale!!! Or whoever forgot to put habitats on sale end of December also forgot to make a beast habitat too!!

Looks like S8 people couldn't get out of the building fast enough before these holidays, leaving SO much amok.

Update...
I saw a reference in thread about habitats were not put on sale which says player saw habitat for beast but its expired, I did search and find fantasy field habitat for beast but no further data available. Sigh

amerirish
01-01-19, 06:08 PM

LOL, I thought that too but then figured it was because we already have a Griffin and they didn't want to double dip on names twice like Unicorn :D

Phoenix406
01-01-19, 06:26 PM
No the Griffin is Yellow/White Hybrid has been around for years, a bit like leopard, thousands of sunshine’s trying to breed for these 2!
No, the new Gryffin looks like a Greek Griffin we have in Fantasty Forest Story.

FireballFarm
01-01-19, 06:29 PM
Ummm... these are not dragons. I chose to play this game because I like dragons. I only played FFS for a few months because I like dragons.

My Dragon *ahem* Story play time has been reduced over the last month because of all the dumb event "commons" and repeated, mind-numbing, copy-and-paste events (which still somehow manage to be riddled with bugs and glitches). If they are moving to Beasts, that will be the push I need to finally quit.

heyyou0123
01-01-19, 07:42 PM
No, the new Gryffin looks like a Greek Griffin we have in Fantasty Forest Story.

Yep, it is exactly the same looking, n the unicorn also, now they bring fantasy forest to DS now lol, boring with dragon all the x right :) i like them, they look great anyway

Phoenix406
01-01-19, 10:11 PM
Well, umm, seriously, with well over a 1000 dragons in the game, how many more can they come up with? There are only so many basic designs, anyway, and they just color them differently and call it something else. Hello, Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha!

Phoenix406
01-01-19, 10:13 PM
@deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 😕

However, it does seem that this month's focus in DS is fantasy/myth/fairytales, so this might be an aberration just for this month.

Sugarcat5
01-01-19, 10:34 PM
@deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 😕

However, it does seem that this month's focus in DS is fantasy/myth/fairytales, so this might be an aberration just for this month.

I've been worried for awhile given the lack of attention that F F S has been given lately that the game might be discontinued soon and now I see a unicorn and griffin in a dragon game and I am even more worried now. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY PRECIOUS ANIMALS in F F S!!!!
:(

Phoenix406
01-01-19, 10:42 PM
I've been worried for awhile given the lack of attention that F F S has been given lately that the game might be discontinued soon and now I see a unicorn and griffin in a dragon game and I am even more worried now. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY PRECIOUS ANIMALS in F F S!!!!
:(

Me neither! 😢

deadpixel
01-02-19, 12:23 AM
Well, umm, seriously, with well over a 1000 dragons in the game, how many more can they come up with? There are only so many basic designs, anyway, and they just color them differently and call it something else. Hello, Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Mocha!

@deadpixel This is probably a dumb question (you're smarter than I am), but do you think that instead of giving us expansions in FFS they are going to kind of merge the games like this and migrate players to DS? I prefer FFS a lot. 

@Phoenix406: Please! I've always felt that you ask some of the more interesting questions and point out issues that many of us do not readily see in DS and FSS. I just come in with the quirky remarks.

But on this matter, I have to say that I have been wondering when this introduction of other creatures was going to happen. It was only a matter of time, given the rate at which they were pumping out dragons in the last two years; as you said, there's only so many ways that you can combine colors with the few basic dragon designs before you run out of ideas.

Given the introduction of new beast types in DS and the long silence in FFS concerning expansions as well as the similarities between the designs of the Unicorn and Gryffin of DS and FSS, I can only assume (rightly or wrongly) that they are hoping to wean players off FFS and perhaps start building another island with mythic beasts here.

NeidusBluetip
01-02-19, 06:18 AM

Honestly, if they didn't churn them out, along with event after event after event like they're going out of business, then maybe they would have a lot more originality when it comes to their designs. The rate that they churn things out is really quite ridiculous and I'm still so baffled that they've continued with the mindset that quantity over quality is a 'good' thing?

Now with these new 'fantasy' themed designs, it seems they're digging themselves a hole. There is absolutely no reason why these creatures should even belong to a franchise called 'Dragon Story'. They might lose x amount of their dedicated player base who joined solely *because* they were interested in dragons, not fantasy creatures like unicorns. And any newcomers that were/are interested in dragons may feel deceived when they realize that all of a sudden, random fantasy creatures are being introduced in the mix.

Since this is one of the only games I play where I've sunk real money into it, I sure as hell would not want to continue playing if all of a sudden, 'Dragon Story' becomes something like 'Magical Fantasy Story'. If I wanted a game that has little unicorns and other non-dragon creatures, I would have gone to Fantasy Story, or any other non-dragon game on the market?

There are SO many creative designs and ideas they could implement into the game, along with bringing previously 'retired' dragons back, but instead, they rather concentrate on pumping things out at lightning fast speed like a cheap factory, along with ignoring all of the comments from their loyal fans.

LocalNews
01-02-19, 07:57 AM
This is getting ridiculous. I was so confused at first when I did not get credit for having a unicorn dragon already and then I find out we now have beasts in the game and NOT dragons. Is this the beginning of the end of the Dragon Story game?

FieldsLikeB
01-02-19, 08:43 AM
I won't even try for these. I hate the idea of Fey in FF and now they're bringing animals to DS that not ok with me.

skyharbor602
01-02-19, 09:02 AM
Honestly, if they didn't churn them out, along with event after event after event like they're going out of business, then maybe they would have a lot more originality when it comes to their designs. The rate that they churn things out is really quite ridiculous and I'm still so baffled that they've continued with the mindset that quantity over quality is a 'good' thing?

Now with these new 'fantasy' themed designs, it seems they're digging themselves a hole. There is absolutely no reason why these creatures should even belong to a franchise called 'Dragon Story'. They might lose x amount of their dedicated player base who joined solely *because* they were interested in dragons, not fantasy creatures like unicorns. And any newcomers that were/are interested in dragons may feel deceived when they realize that all of a sudden, random fantasy creatures are being introduced in the mix.

Since this is one of the only games I play where I've sunk real money into it, I sure as hell would not want to continue playing if all of a sudden, 'Dragon Story' becomes something like 'Magical Fantasy Story'. If I wanted a game that has little unicorns and other non-dragon creatures, I would have gone to Fantasy Story, or any other non-dragon game on the market?

There are SO many creative designs and ideas they could implement into the game, along with bringing previously 'retired' dragons back, but instead, they rather concentrate on pumping things out at lightning fast speed like a cheap factory, along with ignoring all of the comments from their loyal fans.

Agreed 700000% with everything you said. It's the beginning of the end for either Dragon Story or Fantasy Forest Story. One of these games ran out of ideas. I have a strange feeling they're trying to merge the two games which will turn off a lot of people in Dragon Story.

amerirish
01-02-19, 09:12 AM
I do NOT want this DS to be integrated with FFS :mad: I gave up on FFS a very long time ago because I did not enjoy playing. Also, merging the two would presumably add events from FFS to DS and we have waaaaaaaay too much to keep up with already :(

deadpixel
01-02-19, 09:56 AM
I do NOT want this DS to be integrated with FFS :mad: I gave up on FFS a very long time ago because I did not enjoy playing. Also, merging the two would presumably add events from FFS to DS and we have waaaaaaaay too much to keep up with already :(

Actually, the events in FFS are the same as the ones in DS, except that they are in the older format.

[S8] Elsa
01-02-19, 02:24 PM
That's a lot of creative theories. We thought it'd be a fun surprise to celebrate the new year by offering our Caretakers a new type to play with! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

squigglish
01-02-19, 03:16 PM
Elsa;1557612']That's a lot of creative theories. We thought it'd be a fun surprise to celebrate the new year by offering our Caretakers a new type to play with! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Well, one question that I have is just what is it that we can do in Dragon Story with these beats? I mean can we use them in the battle arena against dragons? Can they breed with dragons to produce some weird sort of beast dragon hybrid? Will there be an onslaught of other beast types? If they can not battle dragons, will they have their own battle arena or simply use the existing one to battle each other or the yet undetermined beasts to arrive in the future? Thanks in advance for your answers

Phoenix406
01-02-19, 03:42 PM
Elsa;1557612']That's a lot of creative theories. We thought it'd be a fun surprise to celebrate the new year by offering our Caretakers a new type to play with! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Well, I, for one, (and possibly the only 1), welcome these critters, for the most part. As long as S8 continues to work on FANTASY FOREST STORY EXPANSIONS and keeping that game going, too.

squigglish
01-02-19, 07:16 PM
By the way, this was posted on Wednesday 1/2/2019 somewhere between 5 and 7 pm EST, yet it and the two posts after it, one by me, are listed as being posted yesterday starting at 9:24 PST. How is that possible? Just curious

Phoenix406
01-02-19, 08:08 PM
By the way, this was posted on Wednesday 1/2/2019 somewhere between 5 and 7 pm EST, yet it and the two posts after it, one by me, are listed as being posted yesterday starting at 9:24 PST. How is that possible? Just curious

The reason that S8 can't provide us with the needed expansions in our games and give us the correct instructions on how to breed a Peppermint Mocha dragon is because they are too busy working on time machine technology. Once they get that done, we will all be able to go back in time and breed a PM dragon and also collect all the dragons and animals that we have missed out on in our games due to lack of expansions.

squigglish
01-02-19, 09:18 PM
The reason that S8 can't provide us with the needed expansions in our games and give us the correct instructions on how to breed a Peppermint Mocha dragon is because they are too busy working on time machine technology. Once they get that done, we will all be able to go back in time and breed a PM dragon and also collect all the dragons and animals that we have missed out on in our games due to lack of expansions.

Thank you , I just didn’t realize that and I appreciate the information

amerirish
01-03-19, 08:00 AM

Thank you for the response, Elsa. Can we expect more information on these new creatures soon? Like if they can be used for breeding, battle, etc. Also, can we please/please/please have more farming options & easier ways to make marble keys for quicker expansion? The already strained limits are really being tested with a whole new species being introduced :(

heyyou0123
01-03-19, 10:57 AM

I didn?t enjoy FFS before when first started, but then I got boring playing dragon and i go there try again winning stuff, now i love FFS alot better than DS, except they don?t have wall page to communicate with friends, that one thing most people don?t like, anyway i love FFS hope they can keep it up and open wall chat also

Phoenix406
01-03-19, 01:36 PM
@wishtheywerereal The Gryffin should be easy to obtain because you mainly get the points for it from breeding, and it sounds like you keep doing that. If you get enough whatever they are called for the Gryffin, you might even be able to disenchant one for 100 Essence and then craft another one to keep. However, I know your concern is the Unicorn, which is, unfortunately, harder to get. The only way to get enough lorebooks is to complete pretty much *all* the tasks/events that are offered over the course of the next month. I played hard all month of December and barely got the points for the Herald Dragon. Most months I don't even get the animal that you have to collect from events for. :( I hope that doesn't discourage you. It *can* be done, and maybe someone else will have more helpful information or tips for you than what I provided. Basically just play all the events to get all the lorebooks. :/

lmmortaI1
01-04-19, 07:55 PM
I don't mind the new types. My only issue is please for the love of God fix the broken habitats and images first and give us more land to put these new types. Add all the types to the codex too including this new beast type that's nowhere to be found

freesiawoods
01-06-19, 08:12 AM
Has anyone beaten the new Unicorn in the arena? It has been in mine the entire day and I am clueless.

random59
01-06-19, 01:30 PM
Has anyone beaten the new Unicorn in the arena? It has been in mine the entire day and I am clueless.

I haven’t had the privilege yet, so I woul try to beat it using the opposite magic, what magic does it use?

.....For Breeding Purpose to breed a beast with say a diamond can split into yellow and red so maybe something like Polynesian if you have it Aquarknight!

freesiawoods
01-07-19, 12:10 AM
I haven’t had the privilege yet, so I woul try to beat it using the opposite magic, what magic does it use?

.....For Breeding Purpose to breed a beast with say a diamond can split into yellow and red so maybe something like Polynesian if you have it Aquarknight!

Oh, I did not take note of the type of magic. Finally beat it with Ranger, having lost diamond, rainbow sentinel, air, passion, one of the champion types and maybe more.

divanightclub
01-07-19, 03:04 PM
I just faced Gryffin in the battle arena, and I wasn't sure what to use to beat him, so I went with Forgefather(metal,black and red)and it worked..yay

LocalNews
01-16-19, 11:57 PM
This is so messed up. First we get two types called Unicorn, one of which is not even a dragon. Now we are expected to find land which we can hardly get anymore because of the difficulty to expand. I have Gryffin on the nest with nowhere to go. Do I sell it or tie up the nest until I get room to put up the two animal habitat? Frankly I would love to just sell the “beast” because it doesn’t even fit the game. I am a longtime player just about ready to quit.

skyharbor602
01-17-19, 12:17 AM
Unicorn Horse (calling it that to differentiate it from Unicorn Dragon) and Gryffin use yellow tornado magic so maybe something with black or pink in it would be my go to.

newzealander
01-17-19, 12:42 AM
The Fantasy Fields habitat for these dragons is supposed to come in a 5 dragon or 2 dragon option. I only see the 2 dragon option in the market. Am I missing something?

lmmortaI1
01-17-19, 10:51 PM
I'm curious why all the return sale habitats are not also upgradable like they were doing with all the others that returned to the market. I'm sure many could really use the space. Maybe make more mythic type dragons too. There's only 10 of them and it's been like that for a long time.

newzealander
01-18-19, 01:06 AM
I have the Gryffin ready to hatch. Are you saw Fairytale habitat works for it? I don?t want to buy the 2 dragon beast habitat with land being so rare, but I have to buy something for it. I am confused what to do!

Phoenix406
01-18-19, 12:43 PM
I have the Gryffin ready to hatch. Are you saw Fairytale habitat works for it? I don?t want to buy the 2 dragon beast habitat with land being so rare, but I have to buy something for it. I am confused what to do!

I'm not positive, but to the best of my knowledge, the only habitat for the Beast type is the Fantasy Field which costs 1 million coins. It is upgradeable, which indicates to me that they will probably release more Beast type animals in the future.

random59
01-18-19, 01:21 PM

I bought the Beast Habitat, so Griffin is already there but should these Beasts not perform in the arena they will be relocated to the stables and the habitat sold! The lack of a Beast Habitat was rectified shortly after my original post.

Once you sell off that habitat it is available to repurchase at a later date if you wish, that may help with premium habitat space! Hope this helps.

newzealander
01-18-19, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the replies. For the record, the Gryffin won’t go onto a Fairytale habitat. So that means the only option for it is the Beast 2 dragon habitat (upgradeable as above). Therefore my Gryffin is going to be sold instead of hatched. Land is too hard to get to waste a plot on 2 dragons. Interesting that there is no 5 dragon, mixed habitat for this. They would charge 300 gold for it, and I bet it would sell.

A total waste of a dragon, and a new direction for S8 to push us into 2 dragon, single type habitats that will cost $$ gold later to upgrade??

lmmortaI1
01-18-19, 03:11 PM
If this is just something they wanted to give as a one time thing then why would anyone need to upgrade the habitat to hold 5. Not to mention you can only have 1 of each. Plus there isn't even a dedicated type

Phoenix406
01-18-19, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the replies. For the record, the Gryffin won’t go onto a Fairytale habitat. So that means the only option for it is the Beast 2 dragon habitat (upgradeable as above). Therefore my Gryffin is going to be sold instead of hatched. Land is too hard to get to waste a plot on 2 dragons. Interesting that there is no 5 dragon, mixed habitat for this. They would charge 300 gold for it, and I bet it would sell.

A total waste of a dragon, and a new direction for S8 to push us into 2 dragon, single type habitats that will cost $$ gold later to upgrade??

As I stated previously, the fact that the habitat is upgradeable to hold 5 animals even though there are currently only 2 animals of this type available indicates to me that there very well could be more of this type in the future.

I guess I just don't really understand what the complaints are about. I know that many people want this to be a purely "Dragon" game (although, come on, really, some of these "dragons" already don't really look like dragons, or they are ridiculous kinds of dragons or whatever), so if you don't want the Unicorn and the Gryffin, don't get them. Simple as that. Or get them and trade them for essence, then sell the habitat.

glenngenius
01-21-19, 12:58 AM
Gryffin is in my nest! I'm excited! Heehee. :D

divanightclub
01-24-19, 12:26 PM
Well it seems like these 2 dragons CAN be used to battle. I havent tried my Gryffin yet but it does show up when I stroll down the list of dragons in the batfle arena..(so that's one good thing about these fantasy dragons)....

rachelasw
01-25-19, 06:07 AM
I may have missed a post or comment somewhere, but can the Gryffins and Unicorns be traded off for essence at the spell shop? I have enough Lorebooks to craft three Gryffins and was wondering if they were like the monthly dragons, which could be traded off.

divanightclub
01-25-19, 12:39 PM
I'm currently crafting Unicorn now. I managed to get the Praetorian Dragon fairly quickly to get the remaining fairyscroll I needed...

Phoenix406
01-25-19, 04:26 PM
I'm currently crafting Unicorn now. I managed to get the Praetorian Dragon fairly quickly to get the remaining fairyscroll I needed...

Congrats! I hope I get one of each soon, too.

chuckyt888
01-26-19, 01:35 PM
Waste of space. Forcing massive amounts of gold to not make the habit useless and a waste of space. 300 gold to upgrade it to what? 5 spaces? 3? What a joke.

glenngenius
01-27-19, 06:30 PM
About to craft the unicorn in a few hours! :)

deadpixel
01-28-19, 01:28 AM
Waste of space. Forcing massive amounts of gold to not make the habit useless and a waste of space. 300 gold to upgrade it to what? 5 spaces? 3? What a joke.

Don’t like the animals. Craft them and trade them off for Essence. They are worth 100 essences each. You can sell off the habitat afterwards and restore the space.

Zummat
01-28-19, 01:38 PM
I may have missed a post or comment somewhere, but can the Gryffins and Unicorns be traded off for essence at the spell shop? I have enough Lorebooks to craft three Gryffins and was wondering if they were like the monthly dragons, which could be traded off.

Yes you can. I crafted my first Gryffin raised it to level 4 and traded it for essence then crafted another one. I am hoping I get a enough Lorebooks for a third one.

divanightclub
01-28-19, 06:40 PM
Since I finished the tournament, I decided to try out my level 7 Gryffin against a level 14 Hercules, and surprisely it beat Hercules(Bmb).. lol. So it just might be worth me leveling it up...to maybe EPIC...

rachelasw
01-29-19, 01:23 AM
Yes you can. I crafted my first Gryffin raised it to level 4 and traded it for essence then crafted another one. I am hoping I get a enough Lorebooks for a third one.

Thank you Zummat. Just disenchanted one and started crafting another :)

deadpixel
01-29-19, 01:32 AM
https://i.ibb.co/ctkfDgk/28-BFD7-A6-6-C84-4-EC0-9610-8-F36-FAB4-E366.jpg

Just launched #1 into oblivion and started crafting #2. I have another 35K+ Lorebooks in storage so am hoping to gather another 5K so as to craft and trade off #3 as well :D

amerirish
01-29-19, 09:57 AM
So I'm about to start hatching Unicorn 2nd and then crafting Gryffin. I purchased the Fantasy Field habitat (really irritating that it's the only one and it has 2 spaces). My plan is to hatch both dragons and then if I run out of space AGAIN, put them in the Stable and sell off their ridiculous habitat. I hate having to play this way :(

deadpixel
01-30-19, 06:32 AM
Are we supposed to be getting double the Lorebooks for breeding till the end of January?

I haven’t been awarded a single Lorebook ever since the pop up announcing the doubling appeared, despite having bred six dragons, let alone receiving double the lorebooks.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

AwesomeChefDad
01-30-19, 10:27 AM
So how long until they neuter these two, a month or shorter?

desraymlp
01-30-19, 01:22 PM
Are we supposed to be getting double the Lorebooks for breeding till the end of January?

I haven’t been awarded a single Lorebook ever since the pop up announcing the doubling appeared, despite having bred six dragons, let alone receiving double the lorebooks.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I also am missing a bunch of Lorebooks. Have had the same number for a week now.

deadpixel
01-30-19, 07:15 PM
So how long until they neuter these two, a month or shorter?

Usually a week or so after the new ones appear, so we probably have till the end of the first week of February.

deadpixel
01-31-19, 12:36 AM
I also am missing a bunch of Lorebooks. Have had the same number for a week now.

I posted a new thread about this. Hopefully, S8 resolves it while we're still able to earn some points. Better yet, if they give us an auto top up for 40+ hours of breeding (2 breeding dens so it should be 80+ hours).

They might say that you won't get Lorebooks and Fairyscrolls once you complete the Beast of Nature task, but I was still receiving Lorebooks after I finished the quest, it was only after the pop up announcing the doubling of Lorebooks for breeding that the game stopped giving out Lorebooks. Anyway, the game is still giving out Fairyscrolls despite my having completed the Beast of Nature task, so finishing that task shouldn't be affecting the Lorebook give out.

Dixiesnana
01-31-19, 09:54 AM
Haven’t read every post, read through a lot of them though. Am I one of the only ones that has a “Max Limit Reached” after crafting 1 Gryffin?

deadpixel
01-31-19, 10:22 AM
Haven’t read every post, read through a lot of them though. Am I one of the only ones that has a “Max Limit Reached” after crafting 1 Gryffin?

You need to bring your Gryffin up to level-4 and trade it off (disenchant it) before the game allows you to craft another. At any time you are allowed only one of each of the two monthly dragons on your island.

divanightclub
01-31-19, 04:42 PM
It's so weird to watch Unicorn 2, hopping on 3 legs. It's looks like one of its front leg is broken lol... Mine is at adult stage, not sure how it's front leg looks in its epic form..

Phoenix406
02-01-19, 03:52 PM
I wuv, wuv, wuv these guys! They're so cute, I don't want to grow them up!

Oh, and, umm, who was it who said that there would be more Beast animals coming so we would need the habitat? Oh, yeah, that was me.

ironasazi
02-01-19, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know how to get fairyscrolls now?it says there?s 7 days to craft a unicorn still

Phoenix406
02-01-19, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know how to get fairyscrolls now?it says there?s 7 days to craft a unicorn still

You can't get any more Fairyscrolls. They ended when the new event started today. They give you 7 days after the month is over to craft the monthly animals, but there is no way to get more material to craft them with.

glenngenius
02-01-19, 07:04 PM

Unfortunately, fairyscroll drops ended together with the last event for the month of January (community event). The 7 day allowance is for the players to craft the said creature of the month.

glenngenius
02-01-19, 07:11 PM
Hi Elsa, Flatfoot, and Kooky!

I saw a new batch of beast-type dragons (or creatures for this matter) and s8 hasn't released a new beast-type habitat. Does this mean we are required to upgrade the previous one (fantasy field) with gold? Or is S8 going to release a new beast-type habitat during the month of Feb? Thank you for your response. :)

Dixiesnana
02-02-19, 05:48 AM
You need to bring your Gryffin up to level-4 and trade it off (disenchant it) before the game allows you to craft another. At any time you are allowed only one of each of the two monthly dragons on your island.

Thank you deadpixel! I didn’t know this and I’ve been playing this game for years!��

deadpixel
02-02-19, 09:11 AM

Unfortunately, the only way left to obtain Fairyscrolls is to purchase the Value Pack currently on offer for USD$29.99. The pack consist of 35,000 unites of food, a Dearest Dragon and 5,000 Fairyscrolls.

ironasazi
02-02-19, 09:38 AM
Thanks all re: fairyscrolls... damnit I wasted gold on that but couldn?t get enough on time :(

pod5124cra
02-03-19, 06:13 PM
I haven?t been getting my fairyscrolls I thought they were still available I guess not. Oh well

MajicHearts
02-09-19, 08:36 AM
If you have been playing DS since the beginning, you might remember a S8 game called Monster Story. If you were playing both at the same time, S8 decided to discontinue MS and gave a surprise gift of gold to DS players for compensation. I don't remember how much gold it was, but it seems it was a decent amount. Maybe this might be going to happen again.? Maybe not..who knows..............

JustKay
02-10-19, 04:21 PM
If you have been playing DS since the beginning, you might remember a S8 game called Monster Story. If you were playing both at the same time, S8 decided to discontinue MS and gave a surprise gift of gold to DS players for compensation. I don't remember how much gold it was, but it seems it was a decent amount. Maybe this might be going to happen again.? Maybe not..who knows..............

Ya. I remember that. I finished breeding all the animals in Monster story, before they shut down the iOS. If u have an android phone you can actually still visit ur island but I don't know if everything works properly in game.

MajicHearts
02-13-19, 05:44 AM
Quote Originally Posted by MajicHearts View Post

Ya. I remember that. I finished breeding all the animals in Monster story, before they shut down the iOS. If u have an android phone you can actually still visit ur island but I don't know if everything works properly in game.

@JustKay - I don't have an Android phone, but thanks for replying!