PDA

View Full Version : Using or Saving Permits and Lanterns?

ratdogs4
12-22-18, 05:22 PM
Just wondering if people are using their permits and lanterns to open up plots or hanging on to them in hopes of another "sale?"

hagypagy
12-23-18, 12:27 AM
I generally let my Expansion Permits build up to around the 15/20 mark, and only expand once I have buildings/deco to fill the new area.
This way I generally have a few always laying round in case of random sales/releases.

SofiaDeo
12-23-18, 07:42 PM
I am fairly new and am using them up, I need space!

shortdanzr
02-15-19, 01:19 PM
what kind of sale do they have that you would need lanterns/EPs for?

AnnirasSweets
02-15-19, 02:00 PM
I use my Enchanted Lanterns as soon as I have them since they're pretty easy to craft. The Explorer's Permits however, I save until I've got enough to open a new plot and then use them expand right away.

I'm to the expansions now where they each require 4 Explorer's Permits each so my expanding has slowed down significantly to about one per week. It's even slower when there's an event that uses up my Workshops but, what can you do?

cavegirl1
02-15-19, 07:48 PM
I'm to the expansions now where they each require 4 Explorer's Permits each so my expanding has slowed down significantly to about one per week.

I would love it if my expansions slowed down to one per week ;). I never tracked it before but did for the last month after seeing the new high costs. I wouldn't have even been able to get 2 plots needing 4 explorers permits in a month and that was a month where I did seem to be lucky with permits dropping. But I know I am still doing better that a lot of my neighbours so I am not complaining!

I do generally hold on to permits but mainly because I like to open 2 or 3 areas at a time, so I can properly plan and design what goes there. So my decision has to be do I turn expansion permits into explorers permits or keep some in case there is a sale that uses them.

It would be great if a sale applied to the next plots we decided to open, rather than specific plots, with a percentage discount on whatever it needed. That would give all players the chance to benefit from the sale.

queenspring
02-17-19, 02:13 PM
I'm trying to open two spaces right now. I have plenty of permits but it's the lanterns I don't have enough of. I need to find more coal.

shortdanzr
03-05-19, 08:29 AM
my problem right now is the coins. i have over 30 lanterns and several permits. but only 400K in coin. not knowing what event they will do next (& if i want to do it or sit out), i don't know if i should expand or not. plus i have a HUGE list of quests i am working on and the spaces i would expand to would double that list (elven outpost or the forgotten roost)

robotparade
03-06-19, 12:18 PM
what kind of sale do they have that you would need lanterns/EPs for?

There were sales on plots connected with the "Hidden Forest" event.

tigarlilyvol
03-09-19, 01:55 PM
This new goal "The Hidden Forest" is an example for saving expansion permits and lanterns. Wish I wasn't so compulsive on using all of mine instead of saving a few. Lol

AnnirasSweets
03-09-19, 02:14 PM
This new goal "The Hidden Forest" is an example for saving expansion permits and lanterns. Wish I wasn't so compulsive on using all of mine instead of saving a few. Lol

This is very true! Luckily, I had a small hoard of Rainbow Pots in storage that I could break in search of Expansion Permits. Between the pots and my permit droppers I've gotten quite a bit done. I'm currently crafted the final permit for the final new spot that's opened. Nothing makes me feel so accomplished as clearing land -- I think perhaps I've played this game too often for far too long, lol.

cavegirl1
03-09-19, 04:20 PM

Yes! I had a debate with myself midweek on whether to craft a couple of explorers permit or wait until the weekend. Glad I waited :)

EnchantedAcres2
03-11-19, 06:49 PM

I save up EP until I have between 80-90 and lanterns till about the same then I will make 2-4 of the Enchanted lanterns and the other EPermits. Then I just keep collecting. I have several animals that drop trade tickets so I can make an EP every day or two and wisps and wisp lanterns drop from so many places I don't usually have to make them anymore.

AnnirasSweets
03-11-19, 10:24 PM
I save up EP until I have between 80-90 and lanterns till about the same then I will make 2-4 of the Enchanted lanterns and the other EPermits. Then I just keep collecting. I have several animals that drop trade tickets so I can make an EP every day or two and wisps and wisp lanterns drop from so many places I don't usually have to make them anymore.

See, I'm lucky in all the drops needed for the Explorer's Permits and my animals are pretty generous with the Expansion Permit drops but I've only ever had like 5 Enchanted Lanterns drop. My animals are downright miserly with them and it's a struggle to even get Wisp Essence to drop! To combat this, every time the WW is offered, I put out all 120 of my Cloudberry Bushes and do nothing but fight the spawns from them during my free energy. This is really the only way I've managed to collect enough Wisp Essence for all the new expansions.

shortdanzr
03-14-19, 08:33 AM
See, I'm lucky in all the drops needed for the Explorer's Permits and my animals are pretty generous with the Expansion Permit drops but I've only ever had like 5 Enchanted Lanterns drop. My animals are downright miserly with them and it's a struggle to even get Wisp Essence to drop! To combat this, every time the WW is offered, I put out all 120 of my Cloudberry Bushes and do nothing but fight the spawns from them during my free energy. This is really the only way I've managed to collect enough Wisp Essence for all the new expansions.

i'm too new to have things that drop nice stuff. i will get earth wisp drops fairly often. sometimes lanterns. only my sleeping slab drops trade tickets. i would love something to drop expansion permits.
i talked my friends into playing CS to gift me with earth wisps daily. they play casually. they play FF religiously. so i play FF casually to help them out. win win.
the last event, i finish the sleeping pretty slab early enough that i spend several days just crafting lanterns. i actually got the warning that i had maxed at 99 so i opened one spot. then they announced the discounted spots. so that was nice that i had so many saved up. so now i get what is meant by using them or saving them up.

Asweets-they have the rainbow pots for sale right now-i wonder if they still drop expansion permits

hagypagy
03-14-19, 09:59 AM
... they have the rainbow pots for sale right now - I wonder if they still drop expansion permits?

They do!
And at 13gems are a bargain!
I splurged and got 25. ��

Lavenderdale
03-14-19, 11:19 AM
Wait, they ALWAYS drop expansion permits? or just a "chance of"?

shortdanzr
03-14-19, 12:04 PM
Wait, they ALWAYS drop expansion permits? or just a "chance of"?

chance of. i bought one and i got a lumin essence, coins, jewels, faeries murmur, Glimmerdust, apple pie, mushroom, architects paste, one of the feasts (don't remember which one), silver, , 1 golden nuggets, 2 orange cobbler