PDA

View Full Version : Field of [in your] Dreams.

Underegistered
08-22-10, 03:28 AM
If you build it they will come...but they'll only wonder why you did at that price and not be able to clean it anyway.

Folk are unhappy that the two original sporting venues were only available at 15 City Cash so, the first chance you get, you add little league Baseball for 21, really? Is that inflation in these uncertain times, some misplaced sense of national pride or are you really making so little revenue from these games (be they Lava or Storm) that you have to gouge that little bit deeper? I'm afraid that I cannot believe that, think first of your base customers and stop stealing second.

C'mon, TeamLava, throw us a bone here...oh, wait, you did in Farm Story and the dogs were extra!

Unregistered
08-22-10, 03:41 AM
Eight new items and only one of them was for cash. Just one. They cant even have that? Of course the cost of the cash item went up. ALL the items went up. Why would they lower the price? They even increased the collection bonus by 80 coins.

Underegistered
08-22-10, 04:05 AM
Eight new items and only one of them was for cash. Just one. They cant even have that? Of course the cost of the cash item went up. ALL the items went up. Why would they lower the price? They even increased the collection bonus by 80 coins.

I'm not sure that you follow me, I'll make it a little easier for you.

Three sporting park items and all of them for City Cash. All three. You cannot even swallow that?
Of course the cost of the Baseball Park went up. ALL the other sporting venues stayed at 15. Why would they equalise the price? They even increased the collection bonus by 80 coins and that really helps with the cost of CITY CASH. ;)

Unregistered
08-22-10, 04:55 AM
It would be nice to have one item in that set able to be bought normally, I agree.

Unregistered
08-22-10, 12:22 PM
I agree too. I was disappointed with the number of cash items. I loved that there were options in Farm Story but also, early on, many opportunities to get free gems. The cost of city cash and the amount required to buy many items is the only real drawback for me!

Unregistered
08-23-10, 10:18 AM
if this game follows the same direction as farm story, i'm pretty sure they'll be giving out gems like they usually do. in addition to getting gems from downloading their other games, they have weekly contests every week in FS. As such, complaining about gem purchases and prices seems a little blown out of proportion since they're giving out so much already. Come on people. companies need to pay their employees. give em a break.

Unregistered
08-23-10, 04:47 PM
I agree with the previous poster. You can enjoy the game without paying a cent, but software does cost money to develop. My view is that I'll play a game for a while - if I like it I might pay a couple of quid for cash points / gems / prestige points or such to acknowledge that it's a decent product; but no more than that; same as with any shareware software. And if I don't like it I can simply delete it & move on.

I truly can't see the point of forking out a lot of real cash for a bit of extra status / prettiness / kudos. Life (& money !) is too short :)

Unregistered
08-24-10, 03:04 AM
if this game follows the same direction as farm story, i'm pretty sure they'll be giving out gems like they usually do. in addition to getting gems from downloading their other games, they have weekly contests every week in FS. As such, complaining about gem purchases and prices seems a little blown out of proportion since they're giving out so much already. Come on people. companies need to pay their employees. give em a break.

I agree with the previous poster. You can enjoy the game without paying a cent, but software does cost money to develop. My view is that I'll play a game for a while - if I like it I might pay a couple of quid for cash points / gems / prestige points or such to acknowledge that it's a decent product; but no more than that; same as with any shareware software. And if I don't like it I can simply delete it & move on.

I truly can't see the point of forking out a lot of real cash for a bit of extra status / prettiness / kudos. Life (& money !) is too short :)

I think you are both generalising somewhat here, wasn't the point of this thread not that too many items are paid extras but that an entire range of sporting grounds is within these? Wasn't that covered when the second poster started with the 'eight new items, only one paid. Boo hoo' bit? I would say so and if I am right then there are plenty of topics for you to explain that the City Cash revenue pays for these games. I have bought virtual currency in the past myself in support of decent titles but agree with the OP wholeheartedly that a free version of each luxury type, no matter how many more paid versions there are, is a far better way to go. Do you both disagree on this specifically?

Unregistered
08-24-10, 01:30 PM
I think you are both generalising somewhat here, wasn't the point of this thread not that too many items are paid extras but that an entire range of sporting grounds is within these? Wasn't that covered when the second poster started with the 'eight new items, only one paid. Boo hoo' bit? I would say so and if I am right then there are plenty of topics for you to explain that the City Cash revenue pays for these games. I have bought virtual currency in the past myself in support of decent titles but agree with the OP wholeheartedly that a free version of each luxury type, no matter how many more paid versions there are, is a far better way to go. Do you both disagree on this specifically?

Disagree. If you want a "luxury" item and they all happen to be sports fields and monuments, pay for them. Simple, really. It's a this or that situation. Crying foul at TeamLava really isn't going to make them give you what you feel you deserve or what you feel is fair. Talk about boo hoo-ing. The OP could have asked that the next sports field be coin instead bashing that the last release was cash.

Unregistered
08-25-10, 04:29 AM
The OP could have asked that the next sports field be coin instead bashing that the last release was cash.

They may not have but others had, there have been many of us (and our children) asking for Baseball Fields since the games release and the fact that the other sports areas were both paid content was noted, frequently. Who is to say that the OP was not one of these people, I certainly cannot? I can't help but agree with them, whether they had posted previously or not and despite the sarcasm employed to express their disappointment.

With two items, that I know of, having been upgraded to "luxuries" already I can only envy your trust in the developers and your disposable income. Let's hope indeed that the next sporting theme is free. How about Golf?