PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Alfheim's Light - 2018 Dec 18 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
12-18-18, 01:07 PM
*Goal should end January 01, 2019*

Goal 1: Alfheim's Light
Buy 8 Winter Fjord Wallpapers (16g to skip)

- $8,000 each
Buy 12 Knotted Tile Floor Tiles (24g to skip)

- $9,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Yule Stove**Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: A Rocky Svartlfheim
Build 3 Yule Stoves (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $35,000 each

- 28 Magic Hammer + 12 Runic Stone
Serve 15 Lambswools (15g to skip)

- 1 Hour
*Rewards: *$2,660, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - Thor's Goat Leg Recipe*

Goal 3: Foggy Niflheim
Serve 15 Thor's Goat Legs (30g to skip)

- 4 Hours
Buy 2 Baldur's Mistletoes (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $22,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Odin's Pork Roast Recipe*

Goal 4: The Heat of Musphelheim
Serve 15 Odin's Pork Roasts (60g to skip)

- 7 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Yule Oven*

Goal 5: From Jotunheim
Build 3 Yule Ovens (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $39,000 each

- 40 Rag + 32 Rock
Serve 15 Raven Cookies (15g to skip)

- 2 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - Fenrir's Honeycake Recipe*

Goal 6: The Shadow Of Helheim
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Viking Counters (4g to skip)

- $15,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Festive Vikings Floor Deco*

Goal 7: The Midgard Home
Serve 15 Fenrir's Honeycakes (45g to skip)

- 6 Hours
Have 1 Festive Vikings (2g to skip)

- 2x2 Floor Deco

- $20,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - Yule Log Recipe*

Goal 8: Mystical Vanaheim
Have 4 Runic Tables (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Runic Chairs (8g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Decked Yggdrasil Floor Deco*

Goal 9: A Return To Asgard
Serve 12 Yule Logs (60g to skip)

- 9 Hours
Have 1 Decked Yggdrasil (2g to skip)

- 3x3 Floor Deco

- $32,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Odin's Christmas*

Final Goal Prize:
Odin's Christmas, 3x3, 65 Gems

SIDE GOAL: *Side Goal recipes are NOT dropping Collectibles*

Yule Time Part One:
Serve 15 Chocolate Mousses (30g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 4 Hours *under Dessert tab*
Serve 5 Countdown Cookies (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 8 Hours *under Breakfast tab*
Serve 25 Heart Steaks (25g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 2 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Yule Time Part Two:
Serve 20 Chocolate Mousses (40g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 10 Countdown Cookies (40g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 30 Heart Steaks (30g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Yule Time Part Three:
Serve 25 Chocolate Mousses (50g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 15 Countdown Cookies (60g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 35 Heart Steaks (35g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, 1 Free Holiday Piano

Final Side Goal Prize:
Holiday Piano, 2x2, $18,000 Value (Released December 14, 2016 as Goal Purchase for Home for the Holiday Goals)

NEW GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49260

EdiiLouise
12-18-18, 01:10 PM
No Christmas recipes or anything. I don't understand what this type of goal actually is but I'm not keen on the prizes apart from the main reward. Meh

kayjco
12-18-18, 01:22 PM
I started it, but if I don’t see some serious Christmas stuff SOON, i will not finish this goal.

This is nearly as bad as last year.

twospoons
12-18-18, 02:54 PM
I think, though it's hard to tell while they're still locked in the decor tab, that the decked yggdrasil is good. And I think the tiles are really pretty! Sword fights in Santa hats is dumb (if that's what that is ).

But on the bright side, if they had released some awesome Christmas decor in this challenge, I'd be annoyed because there's no way I could finish by the 25th. I'm really happy the side goal prize is something I have already. This is definitely a week to take it easy on us! (Not that everyone celebrates Christmas.) And new stuff is nice, but I have plenty of Christmas decor already, and got more in the recent sale.

AnnirasSweets
12-18-18, 02:55 PM
To me, the final recipe is as close as it comes to holiday themed with the title of Yule Log. Haven't seen the images yet so I don't know if it will look like the BS Yule Log or if it is similar in name only... but the title is close to being relevant.

Fenikkusu79
12-18-18, 03:05 PM
Anyone else's oven locked at the moment? I cant get it yet 😞

LIDA3209
12-18-18, 03:13 PM
Anyone else's oven locked at the moment? I cant get it yet ��

I think you have to have reached Level 30 to do this goal. That’s how it’s been in Bakery Story.

AnnirasSweets
12-18-18, 03:13 PM
Anyone else's oven locked at the moment? I cant get it yet ��

The oven won't unlock until you've bought the 8 Wallpapers and 12 Floor Tiles.

LIDA3209
12-18-18, 03:15 PM
Anyone know if parts drop when you do the side goal? Keeping my fingers crossed.

Fenikkusu79
12-18-18, 03:17 PM
Thank you!!

AnnirasSweets
12-18-18, 03:19 PM
I think you have to have reached Level 30 to do this goal. That’s how it’s been in Bakery Story.

The 5 day goals and side goals usually have higher level requirements that are dependent on the recipes needed. The 15 day goals are usually level 12 and up; I know the ovens and decos don't unlock until that level so it would follow that the goal does as well.

Anyone know if parts drop when you do the side goal? Keeping my fingers crossed.

I started two of each recipe and didn't see any parts drop.

tatermaters
12-18-18, 04:53 PM
I miss traditional Christmas things and food

twospoons
12-18-18, 04:54 PM

I've accepted that that's gone away. Anyway, not that you can't keep hoping, but I feel bad that you're setting yourself up for disappointment!

jmterao
12-18-18, 10:24 PM
No Christmas recipes or anything. I don't understand what this type of goal actually is but I'm not keen on the prizes apart from the main reward. Meh

Meh is an understatement. Kids sword fighting in Santa hats. I?ll pass on that one. I have the piano already.

Everything in the last few goals has been either worthless to me or I already had it.

Should this keep up I think it will be time to quit.

Also who in the world would think those tables and chairs are appropriate for Christmas?

Double meh.

1977ROI
12-20-18, 03:33 AM
I didn't expect such a christmas goal....its seems that i am experiencing a thor movie... I wanted(we all wanted) something festive.alas! But still i am doing this goal...just to keep my christmas spirit alive!! Really expect something better next time ������

EdiiLouise
12-20-18, 02:36 PM
I don't think I'll be able to complete the goals on time as I won't be playing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I'll accept and send gifts if needed. I'm only just started the 2nd recipe on the 1st oven LOL so great....... Never mind

Natasha_07
12-20-18, 02:37 PM
This goal is not that bad, sure we didn't get Santa Claus, reindeers or traditional red, green and white but S8 has done what people have asked for and that is inclusion of other cultures.

You have to remember not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way, what might be odd to you is normal for others and vice versa.

Not every year has to be the same, the same things you like others may dislike.

AnnirasSweets
12-20-18, 08:45 PM
This goal is not that bad, sure we didn't get Santa Claus, reindeers or traditional red, green and white but S8 has done what people have asked for and that is inclusion of other cultures.

You have to remember not everyone celebrates Christmas the same way, what might be odd to you is normal for others and vice versa.

Not every year has to be the same, the same things you like others may dislike.

I agree and think the Norse twist was a clever way to provide a theme that is holiday based but not something we've seen a thousand times before. After all these years it's got to be difficult for them to come up with designs that are totally original and aren't recolors or duplicates from their other games.

While this goal might not look obviously or overtly Christmas, the decos seem to have a enough standard holiday trimmings that they would fit in easily with past Christmas items if players wanted them to.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49192&d=1545362975

If I was going to complain about the decos, it would be their size. From the market pics, I worry that the 3x3 Yggdrasil deco might very well dwarf Odin's Christmas which is also 3x3. Hopefully when they're placed on our boards their sizes will be complimentary but like I said, the market pics aren't inspiring confidence. It's times like this I really, really miss the old weekly previews we used to get; it would be nice to see all the items together on the board so we knew what we were in for.

SBDOVER72
12-21-18, 09:16 AM
Please let there be a sale today!!

I don't think I'll be able to complete the goals on time as I won't be playing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I'll accept and send gifts if needed. I'm only just started the 2nd recipe on the 1st oven LOL so great....... Never mind

I'm facing the same situation as you! Usually have the goals completed with days to spare. This will be a first for me in a few years 😫
But I've been very sick the last couple of weeks 🤒
I am happy to have picked up a lot of items from Black Friday...still trying to come out of the hole! LOL

AnnirasSweets
12-28-18, 10:10 PM
This week's iOS Value Pack Offer:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49307

The deco is the 3x3 Holiday Living Room originally released as a Goal Reward for the December 2016 Home for the Holiday Goals with a value of 65 gems. It should be noted that this item is on offer for 46 gems in the current sale.

twospoons
12-30-18, 10:43 PM
Yay, I'm going to finish! Assuming nothing goes terribly wrong, of course. I just started the last recipe.

I barely started the goals until 5 days ago (I think I'd made 6 of the first recipe on the 2 stoves I had), what with all the Christmas real life stuff going on. This was the first goal set I prepped & tossed food just to try and get collectibles for parts. I actually mastered the goat leg without ever serving any except the ones for the goal! I don't really like to waste coins doing it, but darn if it isn't super handy when you need it. Anyway, not that it was the greatest goal, but I like to finish all of them, so I'm glad the collectibles were being nice to me. Phew!