PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: The Holiday Season - 2018 Dec 13 (5 Days)

AnnirasSweets
12-13-18, 06:38 PM
Moderator's Notes: added by Rynetory2

Minimum level to participate is level 30.

The Holiday Season Pt.1
Serve 5 Curry (5g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 2 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 5 Football Pies (15g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 5 Hours *under Dessert tab*
Serve 5 Teriyaki Skewers (5g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Build 1 Holiday Stove (2g to skip)

- $28,200 each

- 5 Mallet + 5 Iron Press + 5 Ornament Ball Knob
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Chewy Snowflakes Recipe

The Holiday Season Pt.2
Serve 5 Ramen (5g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 2 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 5 Artichoke Cheese Dip (5g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 2 Hours
Serve 5 Chewy Snowflakes (5g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 2 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Holiday Pancakes Recipe

The Holiday Season Pt.3
Serve 10 Seafood Avocados (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 4 Hours *under Dinner tab*
Serve 10 Candied Walnuts (20g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 4 Hours
Serve 10 Holiday Pancakes (20g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 4 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Sticky Pudding Recipe

The Holiday Season Pt.4
Serve 15 Tomato Bisque (60g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 8 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 15 Grilled Ham Musubi (45g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 6 Hours *under Lunch tab*
Serve 15 Holiday Pretzels (60g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 7 Hours
Serve 15 Sticky Pudding (60g to skip)

- Holiday Stove

- 7 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Snow Globe Fountain

Final Goal Prize:
Snow Globe Fountain, 4x4, $75,000 Value (Released: December 17, 2014 as Market Purchase)

GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49126
*Goal Prize placed on board with standard 1x1 figures for size comparison:*
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49127

jhbhmvgfgb
12-13-18, 07:10 PM
Thank so much

LIDA3209
12-13-18, 07:14 PM
Why do I have to BUY A NEW HOLIDAY STOVE when I already have 12 of them???? Can someone please check this out. Doesn?t seem fair

sgoetzinger99
12-13-18, 07:31 PM
Why do I have to BUY A NEW HOLIDAY STOVE when I already have 12 of them???? Can someone please check this out. Doesn?t seem fair

It's the price you pay for the 3 new recipes.

AnnirasSweets
12-13-18, 07:50 PM

I've thought about this myself because I always have three of each appliance and often wonder why they make us buy more. After pondering, I've come up with this theory:

I think they add this goal to ensure that there is no confusion as to which oven we're meant to place. There has been confusion in the past when a goal requires an appliance that either looks similar/is named similar to another appliance. By making us purchase and build another, they are ensuring that everyone has placed the correct appliance without a doubt.

LIDA3209
12-13-18, 07:55 PM
I've thought about this myself because I always have three of each appliance and often wonder why they make us buy more. After pondering, I've come up with this theory:

I think they add this goal to ensure that there is no confusion as to which oven we're meant to place. There has been confusion in the past when a goal requires an appliance that either looks similar/is named similar to another appliance. By making us purchase and build another, they are ensuring that everyone has placed the correct appliance without a doubt.
This has never happened before with the goals. It always said 3 and since I already had more then 3 it just put a red check next to it. This is just another way for us to spend our coins,

tatermaters
12-13-18, 08:02 PM
Be thankful you have multiple stoves. I have 1 makes it harder to do the goal to ask for parts

Natasha_07
12-13-18, 08:23 PM
Why do these 5 day goals come so late at night! :(

ladysurvivor
12-13-18, 08:47 PM

That's weird. They counted mine.

SBDOVER72
12-13-18, 09:27 PM
That's weird. They counted mine.

I also had 3 built previously but they didn't count towards the goal. However when I bought & built the 4th
one it did count towards the goal.

AnnirasSweets
12-13-18, 09:55 PM
Some goals will say 'have' an appliance which will auto complete from the inventory if we already own one. But other times it will say 'buy' an appliance or 'build' an appliance which is when we have to purchase or build one to have it count. That's why in the goal write ups I make sure to emphasis the first word in the goal, serve vs. prepare, have vs buy, the wording can change from time to time and doing so changes the entire meaning of the goal. Devil's in the details when it comes to s8 goals.

tagliatele
12-13-18, 10:14 PM
Why do these 5 day goals come so late at night! :(
Haha, it depends on what time zone you're in! 😉

EdiiLouise
12-14-18, 12:47 AM
I wanted the snow globe. Definitely doing this goal

1977ROI
12-14-18, 01:54 AM
I was really missing my old fountain... Thanks storm 8 for this goal :)

mikepastry
12-14-18, 04:08 AM

I also came to the forum to report this issue. Normally, according to the new goals flow, if we already have an appliance, it does get counted towards fulfilling this requirement. And the wording does not matter, “have” “buy” or “build”. Check the “Odd October” goal. The requirement said “Build”, but it did count the ovens that have built long time ago. So, I did not have to build another oven for that goal.

If “build” counts in the appliances that were built prior to the goal, then by the same logic, “buy” should count the appliances that were bought before. Asking us to buy an appiance that we might not need (for example, I already have 10 of them) is a redundancy that can be eliminated to everyone’s benefit. Storm8, could you please fix this step for us, so that the system would count the appliance we already have? Thanks!

lenasdinner
12-14-18, 04:27 AM
Finaly something woth to play for ....

twospoons
12-14-18, 08:02 AM
The current wording says "Buy" (which, as always, means you have to finish building it as well to get credit). "Have" and "build" count earlier appliances, buy doesn't.

And really, it's $28K and 15 parts, which you can get in a day even if you hadn't had any of them before. The goals also make you repeat recipes you may already have mastered, and the 2-week goals sometimes make you buy decor you might not want, or tip people even if you don't normally tip. That's just how goals work.

Personally, I like this goal. Good final prize, which I already have but I think others deserve it, and I like the new recipes!

adreamdeferred
12-14-18, 08:20 AM
The globe is cute. It's nice to see the "Chewy Snowflakes" carried over from Bakery Story! Those are so cute, and I've been making them like crazy in BS (where they're called "Too Cold" - 3 Bears Oven).
However, the Sticky Pudding looks a lot like the Plum Pudding...

EdiiLouise
12-14-18, 09:06 AM
The globe is cute. It's nice to see the "Chewy Snowflakes" carried over from Bakery Story! Those are so cute, and I've been making them like crazy in BS (where they're called "Too Cold" - 3 Bears Oven).
However, the Sticky Pudding looks a lot like the Plum Pudding...

I thought it looked like the 5 minute Christmas pudding recipe. I found the recipe when installing a Christmas version

chaselance
12-14-18, 10:52 AM
Yes it says buy but if you already have it it is always checked off. So it wouldn?t be fair for someone like me who already has 15 of the oven and have no more appliance spots left to have to pay 90 gems to buy 2 spots for more appliances!! So storm8 please fix this glitch

Jojocl141587
12-14-18, 11:13 AM
I am so glad that the snow globe fountain is the final prize. I seen it in a restaurant once and wanted it ever since! I'm glad it's now going to be a new addition to my little spot. Also love the first two steps are only requiring 5 of each recipe and the cook times aren't extremely long!

twospoons
12-14-18, 12:13 PM
Yes it says buy but if you already have it it is always checked off. So it wouldn?t be fair for someone like me who already has 15 of the oven and have no more appliance spots left to have to pay 90 gems to buy 2 spots for more appliances!! So storm8 please fix this glitch

It's perfectly fair--they are treating every player the exact same. If you already have as many appliances as you have slots, sell one. Then you can buy another to fulfill the goal without spending 2 gems to skip that step, much less the gems to open up slots.

Also, did the artichoke cheese dips always look like that on the counters? I thought this was one of the ovens that served things in pans instead of cute presentations. I'm sure I'm just misremembering, but it would be awesome if I weren't and they were going back and making food look better on the counters while they add new recipes! But I can't believe that is actually true.

adreamdeferred
12-14-18, 12:32 PM
I am so glad that the snow globe fountain is the final prize. I seen it in a restaurant once and wanted it ever since! I'm glad it's now going to be a new addition to my little spot. Also love the first two steps are only requiring 5 of each recipe and the cook times aren't extremely long!That is a good point. Only 5 of each food item! And 2 hour cook time is much more forgiving than a 1 hour cook time :) So, thanks for that Storm8

mikepastry
12-14-18, 12:43 PM
It's perfectly fair--they are treating every player the exact same. If you already have as many appliances as you have slots, sell one. Then you can buy another to fulfill the goal without spending 2 gems to skip that step, much less the gems to open up slots.

Also, did the artichoke cheese dips always look like that on the counters? I thought this was one of the ovens that served things in pans instead of cute presentations. I'm sure I'm just misremembering, but it would be awesome if I weren't and they were going back and making food look better on the counters while they add new recipes! But I can't believe that is actually true.

It has nothing to do with being fair or not. It has to do with a redundant step that can be eliminated. And a lot of people are trying to make a point about that both in this thread and have tried to bring it up before. We only hope that Storm8 reads our comments and suggestions and will implement the changes to this particular requirement if not for this goal then for the future goals.

?Fair? is when every player comes to the goal with the same amount of resources: 0 appliances, same amount of coins and gems, when the goal prize is something that no one has. However, it is not the case here. Asking people who already have 10-12 of that appliance to buy one more is not going to place them in the equal position with players who started the goal with 0 appliances. Plus, people who already have the fountain might have a different goal (I.e. unlock new recipes) than the ones who never had the fountain before. So, ?fair? does not apply here.

AnnirasSweets
12-14-18, 01:25 PM
...snip...

Dug through my RS files and found the original release images for these recipes, so far as I can tell the recipes and their presentation are unaltered:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49131

twospoons
12-14-18, 02:01 PM
Dug through my RS files and found the original release images for these recipes, so far as I can tell the recipes and their presentation are unaltered:

Oh, well! Good to know I'm not totally off base though, it was just the other recipes that had the pans on the counters. Thanks for looking it up!

And after this, I will not say another word: mikepastry, it's not that I don't see your point. In every other 5-day goal, we haven't had to buy new appliances if we already had them (and I too always have). I get that forcing already equipped players to now buy another is an unnecessary step, but I maintain that it is not an unfair one. They cannot make everyone start this goal from the same place, they made everyone start the game at the same place and after that your choices were your own. As long as the goal requires everyone to complete the same steps, it's fair (saying "have one" to all players is also fair, so it's not like I object to them returning to that in future goals). Which is why I originally wrote: someone (not you) called it unfair, and I did and do disagree.

But if you convince them to change it back, then more power to you. It will make my future 5-day goals easier as well. If they continue with this version though, I really don't care--it doesn't even register as an annoyance, unlike the way only some players get videos for gems, which actually is unfair.

[And now for something truly off topic: I'm worried my post may give people a very mistaken idea of my politics. I am for "unequal treatment" when it is needed to address historical and societal wrongs.]

Shutting up now!

mikepastry
12-14-18, 02:42 PM
Oh, well! Good to know I'm not totally off base though, it was just the other recipes that had the pans on the counters. Thanks for looking it up!

And after this, I will not say another word: mikepastry, it's not that I don't see your point. In every other 5-day goal, we haven't had to buy new appliances if we already had them (and I too always have). I get that forcing already equipped players to now buy another is an unnecessary step, but I maintain that it is not an unfair one. They cannot make everyone start this goal from the same place, they made everyone start the game at the same place and after that your choices were your own. As long as the goal requires everyone to complete the same steps, it's fair (saying "have one" to all players is also fair, so it's not like I object to them returning to that in future goals). Which is why I originally wrote: someone (not you) called it unfair, and I did and do disagree.

But if you convince them to change it back, then more power to you. It will make my future 5-day goals easier as well. If they continue with this version though, I really don't care--it doesn't even register as an annoyance, unlike the way only some players get videos for gems, which actually is unfair.

[And now for something truly off topic: I'm worried my post may give people a very mistaken idea of my politics. I am for "unequal treatment" when it is needed to address historical and societal wrongs.]

Shutting up now!

Not arguing with you, since I see from your last message above that we agree on many points. But I just don?t understand how defending the logic (no matter what it is in your opinion) behind this unnecessary step helps make this game better. You must understand that by criticizing this step, we (those who agree with me) want to bring this issue to Storm8?s attention in hopes that the developers at least will look into that and maybe decide that they could throw in the change for all of us. I still hope Storm8 reads posts in this forum! Thanks in advance for looking into this one for us!

twospoons
12-14-18, 03:47 PM
I know I said I was done, but this one's important:

mikepastry, you are right, and I am sorry. It is absolutely not my place to police people's feelings. Thank you for the calm conversation.

:love_heart:

kayjco
12-14-18, 06:58 PM
One might argue that letting some players move forward without buying an appliance while forcing others to buy an appliance would be unfair.

“Fair” means everyone is treated equally. Anything other than that is unfair.

If you cannot buy an appliance because you have too many, sell one.

Sammi501
12-14-18, 07:47 PM
Can someone help me for some reason the holiday goal has not showed up on my game but it's on my friends

twospoons
12-14-18, 07:50 PM
Can someone help me for some reason the holiday goal has not showed up on my game but it's on my friends

What level are you? I know you have to be at least 20 for the stove, it could be even higher though.

Sammi501
12-14-18, 08:38 PM
I'm at level 26

AnnirasSweets
12-14-18, 09:21 PM
I'm at level 26

I agree with TwoSpoons, it's likely that this particular goal requires a higher level. The Curry recipe on the Basic Stove doesn't unlock until level 29 which leads me to think players need to be at least at that level or perhaps even higher.

I really wish they would include this information on the goals somehow. For instance, if a player isn't at the necessary level then s8 could let the player see the goal in their book but it would be greyed out with the UNLOCK AT LEVEL XX text just like the recipes are done. That way there would be no confusion and lower level players could know straight off if it's possible to level up in time. Why don't they do that, I wonder?

twospoons
12-15-18, 05:54 AM
Kind of a toss up: probably a lot of people never know there's a goal going on, so putting a notice in the game just makes it obvious what they're missing. But it is a social game, so it would help players like sammi501 who find out from neighbors that something is going on. I mean, I think it would be better to have the info, but maybe that's why they don't, they know that there are more players in blissful ignorance than in panicked wondering.

EdiiLouise
12-15-18, 05:56 AM
I am so glad that the snow globe fountain is the final prize. I seen it in a restaurant once and wanted it ever since! I'm glad it's now going to be a new addition to my little spot. Also love the first two steps are only requiring 5 of each recipe and the cook times aren't extremely long!

Me too!! I get envious when I see it in my neighbors cafe

Bocconotti
12-15-18, 06:56 PM
The final prize (snow globe fountain) does not appear in my inventory (item) list... :'(

chekiera
12-16-18, 04:24 AM
- Holiday Stove
- 4 Hours
- Holiday Stove
- 4 Hours

Help!! My stove only show holiday pancakes recipe. Cannot find candied walnuts. For the other goal like artichoke cheese dip I use gems, because I cannot find the recipes. Currently I am on level 34

EdiiLouise
12-16-18, 05:47 AM
- Holiday Stove
- 4 Hours
- Holiday Stove
- 4 Hours

Help!! My stove only show holiday pancakes recipe. Cannot find candied walnuts. For the other goal like artichoke cheese dip I use gems, because I cannot find the recipes. Currently I am on level 34

Have you scrolled to the other page? The new 3 recipes are on 1st page and old recipes are on 2nd page of the appliance

adreamdeferred
12-17-18, 07:16 AM
The final prize (snow globe fountain) does not appear in my inventory (item) list... :'(

I can't find it either!

Rynetory2
12-17-18, 08:32 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

Goals wont unlock unless you have reached the required level. Get to level 30 for these goals.

EdiiLouise
12-17-18, 02:17 PM
Got 22 hours and still need to make 12 more holiday pretzels. I really hope I can make it on time

AnnirasSweets
12-17-18, 06:24 PM

I can't find it either!

On iOS, it's pretty far back in the floor decos - back by the Luau Dog and Fire Dancers.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49172

Since the Snow Globe Fountain is no longer available for market purchase, you won't see it in your deco tab until you own it. If you have finished all the goals and received the congratulatory pop up but not the deco itself, you'll need to open a Support Ticket with s8. Hope this helps.

Jojocl141587
12-18-18, 08:13 AM
Just finished about an hour ago. It’s kind of big for my small restaurant but at least I have it in my inventory for the future.

adreamdeferred
12-18-18, 09:09 AM
On iOS, it's pretty far back in the floor decos - back by the Luau Dog and Fire Dancers.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49172

Since the Snow Globe Fountain is no longer available for market purchase, you won't see it in your deco tab until you own it. If you have finished all the goals and received the congratulatory pop up but not the deco itself, you'll need to open a Support Ticket with s8. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I finally found it. It's not where the goal prizes normally are -_- I am on Android; it was by the rainbowy Sno Couch/Sno Cone stuff

AnnirasSweets
12-18-18, 11:03 AM
Thanks, I finally found it. It's not where the goal prizes normally are -_- I am on Android; it was by the rainbowy Sno Couch/Sno Cone stuff

Glad to hear you finally found it. I think it's not with the goal items because when it was originally released it was a market purchase item, not a goal prize; so when we get it as a goal reward it just goes to its originally designated location.

doubleOnugget
12-18-18, 11:34 AM
This goal should?ve been longer than 5 days. It singles out people who have a ton of active neighbors or can afford to blow as many gems as possible. I was really looking forward to the snow globe. I set my alarm throughout the night to make sure to keep up with making the food, spent a bunch of gems, begged for parts all day every day to be able to build multiple stoves, and still I cannot complete the goal. It is THE most disappointing feeling! It took 3 days just to get the stoves, and barely the third one was finally able to be built at 3am last night (and that?s spending gems to finish it). I finish Part 3 after spending gems to finish two servings, and then Part 4 pops up with an impossible number of recipes in the 45 minutes left to complete the goal (would cost over 200 gems to finish). A quantity of 15 servings that take 7 hours for each would take 4 days to complete, and there were multiple of those. How can all of that be done in just 5 days? I don’t understand....

I am level 64 and have invested some time into this game. I am already upset because once I spent money to purchase gems to try to support the game, I was no longer offered a chance to watch videos for bonus gems. I have no problem spending money from time to time as I know it costs money to keep this game going, but I don?t like feeling swindled and constantly being disappointed by these goals after trying my hardest to finish them. I think this might be the end of the road for me on this game...

shoegal9103
12-18-18, 12:22 PM
I am so []!!! I even set an alarm on my phone so I could finish my last recipes with gems so I could get prize and they ended the goal early!!!! This is []!!!

doubleOnugget
12-19-18, 11:32 PM
I am so []!!! I even set an alarm on my phone so I could finish my last recipes with gems so I could get prize and they ended the goal early!!!! This is []!!!

I feel the same (although I’m sure you saw my response above yours). It’s super upsetting. I went to tip someone today and saw the effin snow globe and it crushed my spirit a bit. The only reason I MIGHT keep playing is because it’s my little distraction in life, but the fun has essentially been ruined for me and I will never give them another dime of my money!!! And for god sakes if I can’t finish this current goal, I am done. Still don’t have half of what I need for just one stove and a day has already went by. Sick of this!

barksnchirps
12-20-18, 02:10 AM
will i get reward if i finish this goal after time is over?

AnnirasSweets
12-20-18, 10:58 AM
will i get reward if i finish this goal after time is over?

Unfortunately, no. To get the final prize, you must complete all the tasks listed on page 1 before a goal ends. You'll see that goals are either 5 or 15 days long, for these timed goals the counter starts from the first day the goal is released not the first time a player opens it. This specific goal started on the 13th and ended the 18th so it is now classified as expired.

A new goal has started if you're interested, info located here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?107056

EdiiLouise
12-20-18, 02:32 PM
Mine was near the goal items

barksnchirps
12-20-18, 07:27 PM
Thank you for your reply.