PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: City Sidewalks - 2018 Nov 29 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
11-29-18, 01:06 PM
*Goal should end December 13, 2018*

Goal 1: City Sidewalks
Buy 8 Winter City Street Wallpapers (16g to skip)

- $8,000 each
Buy 12 Cold Sidewalk Floor Tiles (24g to skip)

- $9,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - City Oven**Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: Hear Them Ring
Build 3 City Ovens (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $35,000 each

- 28 Green Lights + 12 Red Lights
Serve 15 Deli Sandwiches (15g to skip)

- 1 Hour
*Rewards: *$2,660, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - City Slice Recipe*

Goal 3: Strings Of Street Lights
Serve 15 City Slices (30g to skip)

- 4 Hours
Buy 2 Winter Lanterns (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $22,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - Night Time Kebab Recipe*

Goal 4: Hear The Snow Crunch
Serve 15 Night Time Kebabs (60g to skip)

- 7 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - City Fountain Appliance*

Goal 5: Ring-A-Ling
Build 3 City Fountains (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $39,000 each

- 40 Blue Lights + 32 Yellow Lights
Serve 15 Single Origins (15g to skip)

- 2 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - Nitro Cold Brew Recipe*

Goal 6: Busy Sidewalks
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Winter City Counters (4g to skip)

- $15,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Street Lights Floor Deco*

Goal 7: Dressed In Holiday Style
Serve 15 Nitro Cold Brews (45g to skip)

- 6 Hours
Have 1 Street Lights (2g to skip)

- 1x1 Floor Deco

- $20,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - Pour Over Recipe*

Goal 8: Children Laughing
Have 4 Winter City Tables (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Winter City Chairs (8g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Snow Covered Car Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Meeting Smile After Smile
Serve 12 Pour Overs (60g to skip)

- 9 Hours
Have 1 Snow Covered Car (2g to skip)

- 2x2 Floor Deco

- $32,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Shopping On Main*

Final Goal Prize:
Shopping On Main, 4x4, 65 Gems

SIDE GOAL: *SG recipes are NOT dropping collectibles*

Winter City Part One:
Serve 20 Boeuf Bourguignons (40g to skip)

- Basic Stove

- 4 Hours *under DINNER tab*
Serve 2 Quiches (16g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 16 Hours *under BREAKFAST tab*
Serve 20 Shrimp Kabobs (20g to skip)

- Basic Grill

- 1 Hour *under LUNCH tab*
Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Winter City Part Two:
Serve 30 Boeuf Bourguignons (60g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 3 Quiches (24g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 30 Shrimp Kabobs (30g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Winter City Part Three:
Serve 40 Boeuf Bourguignons (80g to skip)

- Basic Stove

Serve 4 Quiches (32g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 40 Shrimp Kabobs (40g to skip)

- Basic Grill

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, 1 Free Crystal Snowflake

Final Side Goal Prize:
Crystal Snowflake, 1x1, 24 Gem Value (Released January 2013 as possible 4th Prize from Crystal Gift Box)

NEW GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48993

Marischa764
11-29-18, 01:08 PM
not possible to gift yet

EdiiLouise
11-29-18, 01:12 PM
Side goal does not drop parts and were unable to gift at the moment but I really want the side goal prize!

Natasha_07
11-29-18, 01:16 PM
Please allow us to gift red and green lights, thanks.

SBDOVER72
11-29-18, 01:17 PM
same here... Parts aren't in the list yet but sent but sent requests

abigailthefarmer
11-29-18, 01:21 PM
Yes this is so bad. How can we gift our neighbors. What is going on. This isn?t a great way to build ovens

LIDA3209
11-29-18, 01:28 PM
Not able to gift BUT I could send out requests. HELP PLEASE

pixiegamer
11-29-18, 01:29 PM
This is being flagged over - thank you for your patience!

twospoons
11-29-18, 01:41 PM
Called it!!

But when I suggested NYC Christmas in holiday suggestions, I was specifically referring to Christmas, not winter. Christmas is pretty, with trees and lights and music. Winter is just gross, with slush and cold and people's puffy coats taking up too much space on the subway (which doesn't even work half the time). So I like the side goal prize and the final prize, but the snow covered car is dumb. Accurate to city winters, but why give us the bad parts?

Also, I hope we can gift soon too, but I'm sure they'll fix it quickly.

1Dimpelss
11-29-18, 01:47 PM
Fix the gifting nothing is listed except the last goal parts 🤦🏾*♀️

rita6834
11-29-18, 01:50 PM

Thank you

kayjco
11-29-18, 01:54 PM
Have they taken away the ability to gift for goals or is this a little fluke?

Other than the YAY COMMUNISM goal last December, I cannot imagine anything less Christmassy.

I hope there is a good Christmas goal when this one ends.

kayjco
11-29-18, 01:56 PM

Thank you for all you do around here. It would get annoying for both of us if I said it all the time, but it needs to be said sometimes. :)

grumpwitch
11-29-18, 01:59 PM
Thanks so much for your help, wee bit annoying that can't gift appropriate parts btw crystal snowflake ain't worth the effort

LIDA3209
11-29-18, 02:01 PM
We all sent out requests, BUT nobody accepted them. Now I know my neighbors- if they got a request from me they would definitely accept it. So I guess nothings working, can’t gift and en though we sent out requests they can’t be accepted. Lousy way to start a new goal

Natasha_07
11-29-18, 02:01 PM
I like the prizes here especially the snow covered car and the shopping on main, very nice S8. :)

The street lights add a nice Victorian touch.

I don't have the side goal prize so that will be a nice addition as well but with so many 16hrs, just please allow us to gift the goal parts and drops from side goals. Thanks!

G4OU812
11-29-18, 02:02 PM
Shrimp Kabobs are 1 hr cook time.

AnnirasSweets
11-29-18, 02:05 PM
We all sent out requests, BUT nobody accepted them. Now I know my neighbors- if they got a request from me they would definitely accept it. So I guess nothings working, can’t gift and en though we sent out requests they can’t be accepted. Lousy way to start a new goal

I've received 12 requests for Green Lights so far so that part seems to be working okay.

Shrimp Kabobs are 1 hr cook time.

Yeah, sorry about that, I fixed it. It happens sometimes with copy and pasting and I don't usually see my mistakes until I look over the first post because it's nearly impossible to see with all the formatting and whatnot in the little posting box, lol.

I am loving the table/chair/counter despite them being recycled. They're some of my favorite items in BS and I love them all the more with the color change. I cannot wait to use these in my January winter layout!

ExcalS8
11-29-18, 02:12 PM
Found the cause of the parts not being giftable and pushed a fix. Thanks for the reports!

Natasha_07
11-29-18, 02:13 PM
Found the cause of the parts not being giftable and pushed a fix. Thanks for the reports!

Thank you! :)

minxys_
11-29-18, 02:18 PM
finally we are able to gift the new parts

G4OU812
11-29-18, 02:21 PM
I kinda figured it may have been copy and paste since I think you use a template like the previous events. At first glance when I looked at the recipe before tapping the Shrimp Kabob, I could have sworn it had 1 day cook time. I went back to look and saw 1 hour.

Thank you for the goal steps.

G4OU812
11-29-18, 03:13 PM
Something else is missing from the game. The icon on the right side of the screen which is the shortcut to the Collectibles.

MissPiep
11-29-18, 04:52 PM

Non of my neighbors have accepted requests either. I only have 1 red light, that I got from collectibles. I have accepted at least 20 requests from my neighbors, so I know they are online now. But still have not received 1 light from any of them :(

UneCerise_ledessert
11-29-18, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I’m also missing the icon part on the upper right side of my screen. So I guess it’s just a matter of time...

ArcticBanshee123456789
11-29-18, 07:42 PM
Collectibles button on right is missing and no parts are dropping from the main quest food so I was wondering if they are no longer doing that

sgoetzinger99
11-29-18, 09:00 PM
Collectibles button on right is missing and no parts are dropping from the main quest food so I was wondering if they are no longer doing that

Why? Why are you all doing this? They give you ugly, impossible goals, and you complain, but still you do whatever ridiculous tasks you're given. For what? A few gems and a few new recipes?
You no longer have time to visit neighbors and post a friendly comment...you're too busy tap, tap, tapping to get collectibles.
Let's remember that the social aspect was one of the big attractions of this game. We made friends, got to know each other (some of my best friends in the world were acqired on these games...I send and receive birthday gifts from England, Australia, and Japan)
Those days seem to be gone.
I've started skipping goals, and it's a relief. I have enough coins and gems to last a lifetime, and I also have time to chat with the neighbors I truly value. I have learned a lot about places like the Ukraine, Bangladesh, India, Puerto Rico, Wales, etc.
That means more to me than a few gems. I will continue to play this way.

1977ROI
11-29-18, 10:54 PM
I LIKED THE GOAL .....NOT THE SAME OLD ICY WINTER GOALS...IT HAS SOME COOL Christmas FEEL...JUST WANTED SOMETHING NICER IN SIDE GOAL..WELL NO WORRIES THANKS STORM 8

AnnirasSweets
11-30-18, 08:04 AM

The Collectibles are still dropping from the main goal ovens, so no worries there.

I didn't even notice the right hand notice was gone but now that it's been pointed out, I'm sort of happy about it. I was always accidentally bumping it and opening the Collectible Menu when I didn't want to trade. Guess this is one of those things that depends on playing style, some like the shortcut and some don't.

AnnirasSweets
11-30-18, 08:20 AM
Why? Why are you all doing this? They give you ugly, impossible goals, and you complain, but still you do whatever ridiculous tasks you're given. For what? A few gems and a few new recipes?
You no longer have time to visit neighbors and post a friendly comment...you're too busy tap, tap, tapping to get collectibles.
Let's remember that the social aspect was one of the big attractions of this game. We made friends, got to know each other (some of my best friends in the world were acqired on these games...I send and receive birthday gifts from England, Australia, and Japan)
Those days seem to be gone.
I've started skipping goals, and it's a relief. I have enough coins and gems to last a lifetime, and I also have time to chat with the neighbors I truly value. I have learned a lot about places like the Ukraine, Bangladesh, India, Puerto Rico, Wales, etc.
That means more to me than a few gems. I will continue to play this way.

I think it comes down to playing style. As you stated, you're a player who likes to play for the social aspect of the game but not everyone is. Personally, I like the goals and if they stopped offering them, I would have absolutely no reason to open the game, much less play it.

It's every player's choice to play the game however they wish and I'm glad you enjoy the game sans goals, but there are still many of us who do enjoy participating in goals. I don't feel it's a chore or that I'm forced to do anything, I'm completing the goals because that's what I want to do and I like them.

That's the beauty of the game, every player can tailor their gaming experience in a way that best suits them from daily playing and decorating to the neighbors we have.

adreamdeferred
11-30-18, 11:08 AM
Something else is missing from the game. The icon on the right side of the screen which is the shortcut to the Collectibles.

I guess this isn't a thing on the Android version? I have never seen this. I kinda wish we had one, because I have to remind myself to redeem the Collectibles!

twospoons
11-30-18, 11:20 AM
I like forgetting about the collectibles--although I don't so much these days, because the goal parts are in there. Usually I remembered them maybe once a year, at which point I had a ton of coins available! It's like auto saving.

lynniefish
11-30-18, 11:30 AM
I guess this isn't a thing on the Android version? I have never seen this. I kinda wish we had one, because I have to remind myself to redeem the Collectibles!

I play on iOS and I don't miss the collectibles button as much as I will miss the countdown timer attached to it. The collectibles are easy enough to access without a shortcut, but during what is a very hectic holiday season for some, the end of the challenge period might be missed by many without the reminder of time remaining (a remainder reminder?).

ExcalS8
11-30-18, 12:29 PM
Pushed a fix for the collectibles button not appearing.

lynniefish
11-30-18, 02:08 PM
Pushed a fix for the collectibles button not appearing.

Thank you, ExcalS8! Mine just showed up. We appreciate you pushing this through!!

dommiecook
12-02-18, 01:48 PM
I have to admit, I’m loving this goal and I like the side goal as well. Just wondering though, is this it for Christmas? ⛄️⛄️⛄️

twospoons
12-02-18, 06:16 PM
Assuming the pattern continues, the next goal is entirely before Christmas, so probably will be holiday related (but it's a 5-day so probably not a new prize).

After that the next 14-day goal could still be christmassy, but could also (and more likely, I think) be new year's.

Or it could all be about penguins wearing clothes. Which would be awesome, penguins in scarves are adorable.

I play on iOS and I don't miss the collectibles button as much as I will miss the countdown timer attached to it. The collectibles are easy enough to access without a shortcut, but during what is a very hectic holiday season for some, the end of the challenge period might be missed by many without the reminder of time remaining (a remainder reminder?).

Okay, now I'm jealous. A timer would be handy.

SBDOVER72
12-03-18, 09:38 AM
Just now noticed that all the main goal recipes are worth 5 coins instead of the usual 4 coins! Hopefully this is a trend for future goals. I know I sure need all the extra coins I can get. Trying to recover from the Black Friday sale that left me almost broke!

lynniefish
12-03-18, 03:17 PM
Assuming the pattern continues, the next goal is entirely before Christmas, so probably will be holiday related (but it's a 5-day so probably not a new prize).

After that the next 14-day goal could still be christmassy, but could also (and more likely, I think) be new year's.

Or it could all be about penguins wearing clothes. Which would be awesome, penguins in scarves are adorable.

Okay, now I'm jealous. A timer would be handy.

I doubt I would be organized enough to finish any goal successfully without a timer...I apologize for pointing out yet another feature of which android users are deprived. (Just another way for Storm8 to ensure that a large population of its players stays cognizant of life's inherent unfairness, I guess.)

A resounding YES to cheerful penguins in scarves!! Wearing earmuffs. Making tiny penguin angels in the snow.

Jojocl141587
12-03-18, 05:19 PM
Recipes from the City Fountain

ladysurvivor
12-04-18, 07:26 AM

Erm.... Why does the Nighttime Kebabs look like sandwiches?

AnnirasSweets
12-04-18, 07:53 AM

Erm.... Why does the Nighttime Kebabs look like sandwiches?

For English speakers, kebab usually refers to the shish kebab which is meats and veggies on a stick but in certain European countries and the Middle East kebab or kebap is used to describe a variety of meat dishes from sandwiches to burritos and all sorts.

Growing up I can recall a family friend who was Turkish used to make this dish she called a kebab but instead of a meat skewer alone it was served on a round bread with veggies or lettuce like an open faced taco and you could sort of just eat it however you like.

sandylbaum
12-06-18, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know what the sign on the final prize says?

G4OU812
12-07-18, 02:23 PM
I'm trying to remember but I don't pay attention to floor decoration that much when they are part of a goal. Can anyone tell me if the Street Lamps and the Snow Covered Car will still be available after the goal ends? Would like to get a whole bunch of street lights and maybe one more Snow Covered Car now if they'll be leaving with the goal but my funds are quite low after Black Friday.

I hadn't realized until Black Friday that the Autumn Dividers were gone after last year's goal in which I only had 4 of them.

AnnirasSweets
12-07-18, 03:28 PM
I'm trying to remember but I don't pay attention to floor decoration that much when they are part of a goal. Can anyone tell me if the Street Lamps and the Snow Covered Car will still be available after the goal ends? Would like to get a whole bunch of street lights and maybe one more Snow Covered Car now if they'll be leaving with the goal but my funds are quite low after Black Friday.

I hadn't realized until Black Friday that the Autumn Dividers were gone after last year's goal in which I only had 4 of them.

So long as you complete the goals to unlock the decos, then yes they will be available for future purchasing.

I don't think the Autumn Dividers were from a goal, they were originally from a regular 2012 market update and had been removed from the market for years. Regardless, it's rare that they remove goal items from the market and they usually give notice before doing so; basically, I think you should have quite a bit of time to make your purchases with these ones.

Magikkgal
12-07-18, 03:37 PM
Does anyone know what the sign on the final prize says?

I just finished the goal..the sign says CELEBRATE. It is really a cute prize��

sandylbaum
12-07-18, 08:48 PM
I just finished the goal..the sign says CELEBRATE. It is really a cute prize��

Thanks!

Natasha_07
12-08-18, 05:33 PM
Really like this one's final prize. :)

AnnirasSweets
12-09-18, 03:49 PM
Current iOS Value Pack offer:

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49064

Crystal Tree is a 1x1 floor deco that was released in January 2013 as a possible 3rd prize from the Crystal Gift Box which gives it a value of 24 gems. Not a terrible offering for this new type of Value Pack we've been seeing lately and I love that they went ahead and made it tie in with both the theme and the Side Goal Prize. It makes a sort of sense to spend the 5 bucks to purchase the deco outright instead of spending it on the gems needed for the chance of getting it.

I can only hope that they'll eventually offer some of the better prizes from mystery boxes if this is the route they're going to take with the VPs from now on. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the VP (maybe more than once) if it included a 1st or 2nd place item I needed from a mystery box.

novangeline
12-11-18, 08:30 AM
Does anyone know what the sign on the final prize says? Celebrate

KadeeDid
12-13-18, 02:11 PM
I have so many unfinished goal prizes since they started the collectibles. It is very difficult to get enough parts or collectibles to build ovens. Even so, it would not be as difficult if they didn't require 3 appliances to open the next recipe. I can easily make the required 15 dishes but have only 2 stoves. This time, I did manage to finally speed through the last ones and received the prize. The last few times, I managed to open up the last recipe but not get the goal prize. I didn't waste gems on completion. Some prizes have been repeats or similar to others or did not call to me. Most often, I can only open 2 recipes. Once, I had the last of the second recipe ready to collect when the goal closed. I have never failed to complete the goals before and now I have all those greyed out goal prizes at the end. Very annoying. I even finished BS with days to spare and have been managing to collect goal prizes although it was tough when they first changed. I have been playing for years. Five for sure but I think longer.

Eilonthay
12-13-18, 05:11 PM
Hey, so I missed finishing because I got busy at work. Why didn't I get the option to buy the final goal prize when the event ended?

shoegal9103
12-13-18, 06:30 PM
Me too, this is an extremely busy time of year and forgot to finish with gems but figured I could at least buy final prize...

Please make final prize available to purchase.

ST4CoolGames
12-13-18, 08:51 PM
At least you all didn't get *****ed out of the final prize.

I play with six (yes, six) accounts. I have over six devices and yeah, I like the game like that. Or I used to. Anyway, I set a timer to let me know when my dishes are done on each of them. This method has worked for me for over a year or so. I got all those other accounts (since this one is my first and main account) to Level 99. Since I was out of the house, I didn't have access to my other devices for my other accounts. The timers for my dishes went off so I checked each account through my one device that was with me and served the last dish needed to complete the event, watching the game confirm that I won the final prize on all my accounts.

Imagine my dismay when I return to one of my accounts some hours later, after the end of the event, to see that the final dish is still sitting on its stove, waiting to be served. Again, I know I signed into this account and served those dishes because on this particular account, I forgot to finish the side goal and there wasn't enough time to do it so I at least wanted to finish the main event on this account.

The only thing I can think of is when I closed out of that account (force closed since on iOS, you can't switch accounts anymore in RS [another "brilliant" move by S8 but I digress]) to switch to my other accounts, it must have done a refresh on the server which seems to reset things back as if you did nothing at all. This "refresh" (or out of sync with server, I guess) has happened to me on more than one occasion on all of my accounts. It is especially annoying to think that you served your dishes, started new ones, leave the game and return, only to see that the dishes weren't served at all while the new ones you started are going just fine.

To lose out on the final prize like that, all because of this buggy game is infuriating. What makes it worse is that before the update of 1.7.8 and beyond, this game worked. No endless processing, not a lot of "Oh Darn!" messages, and certainly none of this background refreshing that resets all of your actions. After this, I may have to scale back my playing of this and Bakery Story because they don't seem to care about these issues.

barksnchirps
12-19-18, 12:59 AM
this is very very helpful to me.i get all answers here.thnku very much.