PDA

View Full Version : Chimney Dragon

orson32
11-27-18, 12:28 PM
New common for tales..breeding time please anyone?

Edit(KP)

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/a/ac/Chimney_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20181127183010Rarity: Common
Type: Holiday, Red

Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 Gold
Selling Price: 100 coins
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780

Breed with yellow and red

For those of us asking, this is what the egg looks like:

https://i.ibb.co/qdLQT9x/EA23-BB60-AAE3-4773-B26-C-503-AE720-B5-B4.jpg

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 12:32 PM
4 hours. Breed yellow + red.

AinoDK
11-27-18, 12:47 PM
4 hours. Breed yellow + red.

Which now have 14 outcomes, 6 of which are common. Please S8 if you are continuing with this template, where we have to breed a new common for each event, you have to clean out the old ones once in a while

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 12:51 PM
Which now have 14 outcomes, 6 of which are common. Please S8 if you are continuing with this template, where we have to breed a new common for each event, you have to clean out the old ones once in a while

Agreed, Agreed, Agreed! Now we have 60 common dragons to dilute the pool. Sad indeed.

PuntaMita
11-27-18, 12:57 PM
The codex lists our common dragon for Tales as not breedable. Should I wait to try until it?s corrected? Thanks to all who post this helpful information.

NeidusBluetip
11-27-18, 01:05 PM
The codex lists our common dragon for Tales as not breedable. Should I wait to try until it?s corrected? Thanks to all who post this helpful information.

Yeah that really threw me off after the rollover time. Had no idea which one was supposed to be the breedable one for the Tales o.o

PuntaMita
11-27-18, 01:50 PM
Yeah that really threw me off after the rollover time. Had no idea which one was supposed to be the breedable one for the Tales o.o

My luck isn?t so hot today so I?ll wait to breed. Just want to make sure it?s good to go. I play Fantasy Forest story, didn?t wait for the common breeding combo and am paying for it with a 16 hr animal😖. I failed to breed the common dragon for last Tales and missed out on that plus points for monthly dragons. I breed non stop till the end and couldn?t get it. Just wow-lol! Thanks to all who post and share to help with this game, much appreciated!

orson32
11-27-18, 01:58 PM
I think there might be an issue with breeding this.I have tried numerous times, have sped up, have bred all the other commons but not this one..never usually have an issue getting the common early.
Have sent in a ticket asking them if it is breedable..we have had issues in the past...anyone get it yet??

CranberryMil
11-27-18, 02:29 PM

i breed a Dark, New England and a Red/Yellow one (lory? pheasant?) outside of Tales. i feel like this game as lost all sense of coherence and we are only breeding blindly as rules change from day to day

chewingthecud
11-27-18, 04:22 PM
Any news on if this is breedable or not? Still labeled as unbreedable for me. S8, please confirm what is happening here as I do not want to breed again until there is some certainty. Thank you.

chloesisland
11-27-18, 04:50 PM
just got it with Playful and Air

orson32
11-27-18, 06:04 PM
Got a reply to the ticket submitted, they have fixed it and it is now breedable..got mine with Playful and Air too..

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 06:40 PM
Oh so we had another Wishlist fiasco like last year. At least it didn't take until almost the finish of the event like last year - I'll take solace in that.

mylord7
11-27-18, 07:37 PM
Got a reply to the ticket submitted, they have fixed it and it is now breedable..got mine with Playful and Air too..
According to that, during the first hours of the event we were trying to breed a non breedable Dragon and many of us we got even a long time fails!
Don't mention the people that boost breeding and hatching repeatedly to obtain the event's Dragon and spending their precious Gold by doing this!
Hmmm...

No comment!

PuntaMita
11-27-18, 07:38 PM
Thanks orson32 for getting that ticket in so quickly! Will be starting Tales late. True to form, my air, playful combo came up with 15 hr timer,
Heavy sigh...

Natasha_07
11-27-18, 08:48 PM
If breedable dragons like this are needed they should raise the chances of getting this particular one as to not waste time getting unwanted fails.

lela159
11-28-18, 08:05 AM
Got it on first try with fire and air

skyharbor602
11-28-18, 10:19 AM
Chimney's an ultra rare on my island. I got a trick though. I'm still not spending gold to get the dragon or skip chapters in the Tales. Nope, nope and nope! Go ahead and give me all the Hoots, Gloriosas, Firemanes, New Englands and Honeybees ya want. Doesn't make a bit of difference. I'm more in it for tournaments anyway and the prize dragon for the Tales would stay in storage and I already have Jingle so no need for that either.

skyharbor602
11-28-18, 10:20 AM
If breedable dragons like this are needed they should raise the chances of getting this particular one as to not waste time getting unwanted fails.

Fact!

AwesomeChefDad
11-28-18, 10:42 AM
Skipping this whole event....

kooky panda
11-28-18, 11:29 AM
Any news on if this is breedable or not? Still labeled as unbreedable for me. S8, please confirm what is happening here as I do not want to breed again until there is some certainty. Thank you.
This has been fixed. Yes you can obtain from breeding.

kooky panda
11-28-18, 11:29 AM
just got it with Playful and Air

Me Too!

deadpixel
11-28-18, 12:06 PM
Got it with Air and Fire.

But is S8 going to refund the Gold spent by players who were speed breeding during the time when the ability to breed this dragon was turned off?

If it wasn't supposed to be breedable, the words *Not Found Through Breeding* should have been displayed on the dragon's card in the store, not just in the Codex. Since that wasn't displayed, it was perfectly reasonable for players to assume it would be normal to spend gold on speed breeding. And since this was an error on S8's part, they should be refunding the gold spent by players who attempted to speed breed a dragon made non-breedable through an error by S8.

There was a previous incident somewhat similar to this one that happened in another S8 game. They refunded the gems spent by players who attempted to speed breed an animal with wrong breeding information stated in the game.

Will a Mod or Community Manager communicate this to the powers that be?

NeidusBluetip
11-28-18, 03:18 PM
First attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 3hrs
Second attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 8hrs
Third attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 10hrs
Fourth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 11hrs
Fifth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 16hrs
Sixth attempt: Fire + Air = 10hrs
Seventh attempt: Playful + Neo Air = 10hrs
Eight attempt: Playful + Air = 15hrs....
Ninth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 12hrs
Tenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Eleventh attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Twelfth attempt: Fire + Air = 10hrs
Thirteenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Fourteenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Fifteenth attempt: Fire + Noel = 3hrs
Sixteenth attempt: Fire + Noel = 3hrs
Seventeenth attempt: Fire + Noel = 8hrs
Eighteenth attempt: Neo Air + Noel = 15hrs Okay. Cool. Whatever.
Nineteenth attempt: Air + Noel = 8hrs
Twentieth attempt: Air + Fire = 10hrs
Twenty first attempt: Green Christmas + Stocking = 24hrs HAHA okay yeah. Thanks for nothing.
Twenty second attempt: Air + Noel = 24hrs

Seriously...?? Okay wow. This is absolutely ABSURD.

I really just can't even. At this point, I'm so upset that I'm just going to be spending more time on my other games this month instead. Definitely not spending money on this game anymore.

Yep. Any hope I had of speeding some stuff up to get at least a couple of the first dragons is gone with ANOTHER 24 hours result.

NeidusBluetip
11-28-18, 03:20 PM
Got it with Air and Fire.

But is S8 going to refund the Gold spent by players who were speed breeding during the time when the ability to breed this dragon was turned off?

If it wasn't supposed to be breedable, the words *Not Found Through Breeding* should have been displayed on the dragon's card in the store, not just in the Codex. Since that wasn't displayed, it was perfectly reasonable for players to assume it would be normal to spend gold on speed breeding. And since this was an error on S8's part, they should be refunding the gold spent by players who attempted to speed breed a dragon made non-breedable through an error by S8.

There was a previous incident somewhat similar to this one that happened in another S8 game. They refunded the gems spent by players who attempted to speed breed an animal with wrong breeding information stated in the game.

Will a Mod or Community Manager communicate this to the powers that be?

Yep. I sped up breeding assuming that I had it the first time as soon as the Tales launched.

CranberryMil
11-28-18, 03:58 PM
Someone have the photo of he egg?

i have a yellow egg with a red cat tail , is this?

Neo Yellow + Neo Red = Weasel
Neo Yellow + Neo Red = Gloriosa
Neo Yellow + Neo Red = Butterfly
Neo Yellow + Neo Red = 14 hours ! !!! Eagle ?

Gelt + Neo Red = 3 hours was a Life ._.

(/xДx)/ WHYYYYYYYY

Gelt + Neo Red = 8 hours hoot

i can not complete this event . This dragon **** me

Air + Fire = WEASEL !

(/xДx)/ WHYYYYYYYY

Playful + Air = Hoot AGAIN

Air + Fire = 11 hours another Butterfly

Many days later:
Love (Bingo ) + Air = Chimey

31 hours before the end of the event

this is caca de toro >: |

skyharbor602
11-28-18, 04:23 PM
Another Hoot. What a hoot!

divanightclub
11-28-18, 04:28 PM
Someone have the photo of he egg?

i have a yellow egg with a red cat tail , is this?

No, that's a weasel dragon which is also 4 hours. The chimney egg is white on the top with the same design on his legs(on page 1) on the bottom of the egg. I don't know how to upload a pic of it, but I just got it with gold and crusader after getting a weasel dragon on the first try...(good luck)

ozigal
11-28-18, 05:28 PM
I am so over this trying to breed a common dragon. Now I get a golden Pheasant, weasel.. where were they when we needed them.. I keep trying but alas a couple of 15 hr breeds.. sheeze you would think I would learn and not waste my time with this foolhardiness. Guess this will be another uncompleted tales and goodbye to the monthly dragons once again.

Phoenix406
11-28-18, 06:29 PM
Guess what I just bred? A weasel! Which I was totally unable to breed during the last DT when I *needed* it. I bred non-stop on both acccounts for it and never got it. Now I got it this time.

Phoenix406
11-28-18, 06:31 PM
Skipping this whole event....

Well then don't come crying to us when you can't get the December dragons. *tongue in cheek* (Check out other threads to see what I mean.)

Personally, I won't be able to finish on either account due to the amount of food needed, and I think I am ok with that, even though Amaryllis is very pretty. I would love to get as far as the second dragon, though; I find him very appealing.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 12:17 AM

Zummat
11-29-18, 05:51 AM
No luck so far with Air and Fire. Got a 15 hour timer first time now I got a 16 hour timer. :(

AwesomeChefDad
11-29-18, 07:36 AM
Well then don't come crying to us when you can't get the December dragons. *tongue in cheek* (Check out other threads to see what I mean.)

Personally, I won't be able to finish on either account due to the amount of food needed, and I think I am ok with that, even though Amaryllis is very pretty. I would love to get as far as the second dragon, though; I find him very appealing.

Yeah I scanned the dec dragons and was not too thrilled thats part of why I am skipping this. Last month I skipped this same one because it really is a food hog for little benefit (raising two up so high costs a ton of food) and I got one but missed the other month dragon.

In reality they are diluting the value of these monthly dragons by forcing this every single month, the value just isnt there. It takes a ton of time to regain the food spent, Im still not where I was from an event a month ago so this month will be catch up and relax holiday month.

CranberryMil
11-29-18, 11:19 AM

tnx

skyharbor602
11-29-18, 11:30 AM
Got it finally with Crusader and Gold (in that order) after trying so many times with Gold and Crusader (in that order).

Nuicakes
11-29-18, 12:34 PM
Gold x Crusader - Gold Pheasent
Playful x Gold - New England, Weasel
Air x Playful- Butterfly, Firestorm
Neo Air x Playful- Honeybee

..... ARGH

Crusader x Gold - Hoot

Furytale
11-29-18, 12:46 PM
Chimney's an ultra rare on my island. I got a trick though. I'm still not spending gold to get the dragon or skip chapters in the Tales. Nope, nope and nope! Go ahead and give me all the Hoots, Gloriosas, Firemanes, New Englands and Honeybees ya want. Doesn't make a bit of difference. I'm more in it for tournaments anyway and the prize dragon for the Tales would stay in storage and I already have Jingle so no need for that either.

I totally agree with you. No luck breeding this common, only long timer breedings.

Phoenix406
11-29-18, 01:42 PM
Yeah I scanned the dec dragons and was not too thrilled thats part of why I am skipping this. Last month I skipped this same one because it really is a food hog for little benefit (raising two up so high costs a ton of food) and I got one but missed the other month dragon.

In reality they are diluting the value of these monthly dragons by forcing this every single month, the value just isnt there. It takes a ton of time to regain the food spent, Im still not where I was from an event a month ago so this month will be catch up and relax holiday month.

I'm sort of with you. I'm not going to try too hard for the December dragons, and I am really tired of these food hog events, too, so I'm only going to play part way through the Tales. Wish I could get Amaryllis and Jingle, but there's no sense continuing to pay gold to skip steps or buy food. I need to build my food supply up enough that I can comfortably participate in all events in the future, so, yeah, I'll probably have to sit out the December events to make that happen. Oh well.

bozotc19
11-29-18, 03:37 PM
This breeding is full of []15 fails for and my wife is going on 20. 15 outcomes with 6 commons...are you kidding me get rid of the []common that are event specific. Really bad taste in my mouth for s8

Phoenix406
11-29-18, 04:56 PM
This breeding is full of [] 15 fails for and my wife is going on 20. 15 outcomes with 6 commons...are you kidding me get rid of the []common that are event specific. Really bad taste in my mouth for s8

It seems as though many of us are frustrated in this game and in Fantasy Forest Story. I know nothing about the other S8 games. Maybe those of us who come to the forum are just more vocal about our likes and dislikes in general? Or maybe other players don't know there is a forum? Or they don't speak English? I initially joined the forum because I loved Fantasy Forest Story and wanted to know all that I could about it, and the forum seemed like a great way to learn and to interact with other players who enjoyed the game. Now it seems that about 2/3 of the comments are complaints (mine included). I'm just wondering if S8 could take a poll to find out how satisfied their customers are. I know that they have had polls pop up in the game that ask us if we like this animal or that animal in FFS. Maybe they could do a satisfaction poll in the game (to capture all players), or even a general satisfaction poll here in the forums? But that would be biased.

Anyway, I was totally unable to breed Weasel for the last SB, and just got one yesterday trying for Chimney. Now I am having nothing but long fails trying for Chimney (but at least it gives me some fodder to trade for Essence). I'm not going to be able to play the Tales all the way through, but I would still like to get the Chimney dragon and get through the first few chapters at least.

desraymlp
11-30-18, 09:31 AM
Anyway, I was totally unable to breed Weasel for the last SB, and just got one yesterday trying for Chimney. Now I am having nothing but long fails trying for Chimney (but at least it gives me some fodder to trade for Essence). I'm not going to be able to play the Tales all the way through, but I would still like to get the Chimney dragon and get through the first few chapters at least.

I still haven't gotten Chimney nor did I get Weasel from last time. So far I've gotten Gloriosa (10 hr), Honeybee x 2 (10 hr), Hoot (8 hr) and I just got another 8 hours breeding Mist (for Chapter 4) with Tree Frog (for a Bingo square). May just go as far as I can if I don't end up with a Chimney and not use any gold this time to skip tasks. I'd be okay on passing on Amaryllis and already have the Jingle Dragon so would have gotten Adventure Tickets instead.

Natasha_07
11-30-18, 05:22 PM
Thought I gotten it then when I place it on the nest it was a weasel egg. More tries & fails to come...

deadpixel
11-30-18, 09:02 PM
I still haven't gotten Chimney nor did I get Weasel from last time. So far I've gotten Gloriosa (10 hr), Honeybee x 2 (10 hr), Hoot (8 hr) and I just got another 8 hours breeding Mist (for Chapter 4) with Tree Frog (for a Bingo square). May just go as far as I can if I don't end up with a Chimney and not use any gold this time to skip tasks. I'd be okay on passing on Amaryllis and already have the Jingle Dragon so would have gotten Adventure Tickets instead.

The Jingle Dragon is an Ultra-Rare Dragon and gives 100 essences when disenchanted. I always choose to craft the dragon for the essence they give.

amerirish
11-30-18, 10:18 PM
So they put out the Limited Time Crystal Ornament at the same time that we're trying to breed the "Common" Chimney - on the tail end of us trying to breed the LT/Ultra Rare Neo Sagittarius. What the heck are they thinking? Even with two breeding dens this is a fiasco for me. I haven't even been able to start trying for Crystal Ornament because I cannot get Chimney due to all the possible outcomes of Red/Yellow. SMH :mad:

delimiah
11-30-18, 11:29 PM
Suggestion for S8, removed all previous common dragons that was event specific after the event is over. That way it should makes things easier. But I doubt S8 will listen anyway since it seems like they prefer angry and disillusioned players! Lol

amerirish
12-01-18, 06:43 PM
Two days trying on 2 dens for a Common dragon and no luck SMH :mad:

Nuicakes
12-01-18, 08:44 PM
Crusader x Gold - Hoot
2 more bingo breedings: Gloriosa, Awoken

Decided to try Crusader x Gold again ... 41 hour Ridegack.

you've got to be kdding me! Because, you know, I need Chimney tomorrow.

Natasha_07
12-01-18, 09:28 PM
Decided to alternate between Chimney and Crystal Ornament since I couldn't get the first one, what a bad idea thanks to fails. :(

I really want them both, hopefully I can breed both before time runs out.

Gladiola8
12-02-18, 01:22 AM
Suggestion for S8, removed all previous common dragons that was event specific after the event is over. That way it should makes things easier. But I doubt S8 will listen anyway since it seems like they prefer angry and disillusioned players! Lol

I don’t think S8 will ever listen to players. Their intention is for players to spend gold. I have been trying for chimney 6 or 7 times with no success and I have enough. Good luck to those who are still trying.

Zummat
12-02-18, 05:10 AM
After many fails I decided to try something different and used Noel and Diamond and poof! a Chimney dragon egg is on the nest. I don’t understand why S8 labels this a common dragon. It’s taken days to breed this one.

Varinamom
12-02-18, 05:23 AM
Twenty fails and counting...With two roosts going the entire time on the last event I couldn’t breed the required dragon. It may be time to delete this game. Too many things are just related to luck and are too frustrating.

janiebond007
12-02-18, 07:28 AM
Multiple fails and breeding combos.... still no luck. Clockwork, fireman, butterfly, weasel (several), New England. I've used 2 boosted breeding to speed things up. 😩 I guess I'll change up my breeding combo.... again. Good luck all!

AinoDK
12-02-18, 09:35 AM
I still don't have it either. Two nests going non-stop since the event started. I have bred every other possibility incl the super rare clockwork and fireflower. I understand it is random chance, but it's not fun anymore. Each time I get 4 hours I get my hopes uo, and each time it is one of the other commons. And I can't even try for the ornament dragon. Buh

Sugarcat5
12-02-18, 09:55 AM
No luck for me either. Haven't been able to get it on either account. It's so very frustrating when a "common" isn't common. There is no way it should take DAYS to breed a common. And I, like other players have mentioned, think that the commons need to be reduced in number.

NeidusBluetip
12-02-18, 10:54 AM
It seems as though many of us are frustrated in this game and in Fantasy Forest Story. I know nothing about the other S8 games. Maybe those of us who come to the forum are just more vocal about our likes and dislikes in general? Or maybe other players don't know there is a forum? Or they don't speak English? I initially joined the forum because I loved Fantasy Forest Story and wanted to know all that I could about it, and the forum seemed like a great way to learn and to interact with other players who enjoyed the game. Now it seems that about 2/3 of the comments are complaints (mine included). I'm just wondering if S8 could take a poll to find out how satisfied their customers are. I know that they have had polls pop up in the game that ask us if we like this animal or that animal in FFS. Maybe they could do a satisfaction poll in the game (to capture all players), or even a general satisfaction poll here in the forums? But that would be biased.

I hear you on this. When DS started going more downhill, I legit came to the forums *because* I was getting so frustrated and upset with the game and I genuinely wanted to know if others felt the same way or not. I've been able to communicate these thoughts and also become acquainted with a bunch of you, so that's at least one nice thing about it! But seriously speaking, I don't participate on *any* other forum except this one, so that's saying a lot in regards to how frustrated I was getting lolol

And you're right that the poll would most likely be biased because it's not taking into consideration all of the other players who do not use a third party source to communicate, so we have no idea how many players *only* play the game and aren't attached to any other source outside of it.

As for the common dragon issue, looking at the amount of angry players for this Tales breeding alone, the fail rate seems staggering. I get that you should 'work' a bit to obtain it, but for dog's sake this is pretty ridiculous :/

gisellepersad
12-02-18, 12:41 PM
Countless fails even with 2 breeding dens...ohh well i guess i will have to sit out this dragon tales. The funny thing is i got the common for the last tales but couldnt complete cuz my daughter fractured her shoulder and now that i can do a tales im not getting the common. Lol really funny i guess....

Furytale
12-02-18, 01:29 PM

English isn?t my native language but I am trying to do my best. The forum is a big help for me and I am very grateful for the help of the players who post their results, especially in a tournament.

Finally I got the chimney nonstop breeding Air and Playful.

I am playing FFS and DS and the breeding of ? so called? common animals/dragons is really frustrating and takes the fun out of the game.
2nd: Too many goals at the same time.

fiafilona
12-02-18, 04:01 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Countless fails even with two breeding dens since the start of the Tales!!! My friend haven't been able to get it on his account too! Last DT I had the same story, I couldn't get "common" Weasel after one week of trying but now it goes one after another!
It looks like mockery or Storm8 wants players to spend their gold and money all the time? Don't you really realize that it's impossible now to pass events with this army of commons??? It's impossible to breed any desired dragon/ 3 new commons every month! Why don't you remove them out of game after the event??? Why do you call them "common" if it's ultra rare in fact? It's not honesty toward your fans!
Storm8, why don't you answer us? Why don't you hear us?..

Natasha_07
12-02-18, 07:12 PM
Still can't get this. :(

CranberryMil
12-02-18, 08:06 PM
guess what i just bred? A weasel! Which i was totally unable to breed during the last dt when i *needed* it. I bred non-stop on both acccounts for it and never got it. Now i got it this time.

i have 3 weasels! Why!why?why?

Otl

Sugarcat5
12-02-18, 08:22 PM
Finally got it on baby account!!!!! Have a 4 hour timer on main account that im praying isnt a weasel.

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-02-18, 09:30 PM
I'm hardly even making commons at all! Yes, i've made 2 hoots and 1 or 2 weasels. But i also made 2 fireflowers, 2 wooden, 2 butterflies, 2 mythics....oh, and an ambassador thanks to breeding with a mist. Nice for essence, but so many waiting hours!

Ah well, i need chimney in a few hours, so i guess i'm done. I dont want to give storm8 the satisfaction of using gold to skip or buy this chimney guy.

Cause that is obviously the whole point. Why else would they choose a combination with already so many common outcomes? And why else will they let them all stay in the game. A gold trap is what it is. And i'm not falling for it. Even if it means not finishing the tales and not getting the month dragon, both for the first in a long time.

The tales are dying. Question is: is storm8 gonna resuscitate them next time? Or will they let the patient die and keep sacrificing many people's joy in exchange for getting more gold from some? We'll see.

Nuicakes
12-02-18, 09:53 PM
Crusader x Gold - Hoot, 41 hour Ridegack
Bingo breeding - Gloriosa, Awoken
Neo Air x Playful - Gloriosa, Hoot, Fireflower

SERIOUSLY???

angel_ray_c
12-02-18, 10:41 PM
Good day, pls help me restore my dragon story island to my new phone. I opened a new account there with storm8 I’d angel_ray_earth

Mostreal
12-03-18, 07:29 AM
Still haven't gotten the Chimney Dragon and didn't get the Weasel Dragon until after the last Tales. I had two dens going for the first 5 days and breeding exclusively Red to Yellow
(Fire, Playful, or Neo Fire to Air or Neo Air) and no common. I got a bunch of hoots, one Firemane, a bunch of Clockworks and Butterfly dragons....One Weasel and one Gold Pheasant.

I am using gold to skip but that means I'm not using gold on habitats - in other words, I am not increasing my gold budget just to skip these steps. It is VERY annoying. They should really have an alternate way to get the dragon without spending gold.

Nuicakes
12-03-18, 08:11 AM
Oops

amerirish
12-03-18, 08:27 AM
Friday, Saturday, Sunday and now this morning trying on two dens for a flippin' Common dragon and can't get it - WTH?? :mad:

skyharbor602
12-03-18, 09:01 AM
Good day, pls help me restore my dragon story island to my new phone. I opened a new account there with storm8 I’d angel_ray_earth

Start the new game and at level 2, the blue "S" will show up on the top right corner of the screen. Click on that and click "Log into another account." Enter your original Storm8 ID and password and continue from there. If you forgot your original password then contact support. The links are in Kooky Panda's signature or Elsa's signature.

Nuicakes
12-03-18, 12:45 PM
Crusader x Gold - Hoot, 41 hour Ridgeback
Neo Air x Neo Fire - Fireflower
Bingo breeding - Weasel, 10 hour

.... SERIOUSLY !&$!?#%!? I think I should give up ...

a neighbor noticed that it was easier for me to breed an Ultra-Rare than a common Chimney.

amerirish
12-03-18, 01:43 PM
This is beyond infuriating at this point - just tried Fire & Firestorm and got a SUPER RARE Fireflower :mad:

desraymlp
12-03-18, 02:51 PM
Yep, still no Chimney. I give up! A firestorm, firemane, mythic, wooden and now another 12 hour. Arrghh!!!

sipland
12-03-18, 03:28 PM
Still trying for this ?common? as well. I?ve got a 4 hr on the go at the moment ... hope it?s not another Gold Pheasant!

ETA: got it! Good luck to those still trying!

belbar22
12-03-18, 03:33 PM
I have still not got it. I give up and I am long past caring

Xyn25
12-03-18, 04:00 PM
Same here, still trying... got a weasel too which was nowhere to be seen in the past tales

amerirish
12-03-18, 04:07 PM
I got 4 hours with Neo Air & Noel, keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Nschaefer308
12-03-18, 06:28 PM
You know, S8, you are really driving your clients away... I have not been able to breed the 'Common' dragon for the adventures the last 5 times. Everything you do anymore is just another gimmick to get people to spend gold. Folks, I have caught S8 numerous times stacking the deck with their programming. These things are not random. I rally wish my daughter had not found this game.

amerirish
12-03-18, 07:37 PM
I got 4 hours with Neo Air & Noel, keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

It worked! Maybe what was needed was the Holiday element. I hope this helps others!

skyharbor602
12-03-18, 07:54 PM
It worked! Maybe what was needed was the Holiday element. I hope this helps others!

Congratulations!

Nuicakes
12-03-18, 08:25 PM
Crusader x Gold - Hoot, 41 hour Ridgeback
Neo Air x Neo Fire - Fireflower
Bingo breeding - Weasel, 10 hour

.... SERIOUSLY !&$!?#%!? I think I should give up ...

a neighbor noticed that it was easier for me to breed an Ultra-Rare than a common Chimney.

Neo Air x Mama Klaws (holiday-red) = 15 hours

saghaven
12-04-18, 09:40 AM
Clearly I'm not going to be able to finish this Tales as I've gotten nothing but Hoots, Woodens, a Mythic, a couple of Butterflies, etc. And now I just got a 27 hour timer! What is that even?! Not spending any more gold speed breeding. I don't need these or the monthly dragons that badly. Don't really have space for them anyway since marble keys are harder to get than gold these days.

Zummat
12-04-18, 10:17 AM
H
Clearly I'm not going to be able to finish this Tales as I've gotten nothing but Hoots, Woodens, a Mythic, a couple of Butterflies, etc. And now I just got a 27 hour timer! What is that even?! Not spending any more gold speed breeding. I don't need these or the monthly dragons that badly. Don't really have space for them anyway since marble keys are harder to get than gold these days.

It’s probably an Elder Dragon.

After 3 days of trying I finally crafted Chimney dragon using Noel and Diamond. And today when I completed the second thing of day 8 storybook “Breed Green Christmas Dragon with a Chimney Dragon” I got another blasted Chimney dragon. I’m sure they will be popping up frequently for me from now on.

winglvr
12-04-18, 10:26 AM
I'm on my 8th day of breeding everything but a Chimney Dragon. So be it - I will not go further in the tales unless I can breed it. At this point I am with the other players who say they don't care if they can't finish. I also don't mind a challenge but over 20 fails to get a common dragon for the tales is a bit much. As someone who uses statistics for my job I would have to say that the breeding algorithms are off due to the number of super rares and rares that I've bread with the red/yellow combination.

saghaven
12-04-18, 11:29 AM
H

It’s probably an Elder Dragon.

After 3 days of trying I finally crafted Chimney dragon using Noel and Diamond. And today when I completed the second thing of day 8 storybook “Breed Green Christmas Dragon with a Chimney Dragon” I got another blasted Chimney dragon. I’m sure they will be popping up frequently for me from now on.

I used Noel and Neo Air so would that be an Elder? Is Green a color in the Gift category?

random59
12-04-18, 11:54 AM
Just got Chimney with 4 days left! So much for me completing Tales

skyharbor602
12-04-18, 12:29 PM
I used Noel and Neo Air so would that be an Elder? Is Green a color in the Gift category?

Holiday is white, green and red.

mylord7
12-04-18, 12:41 PM
After 3 days of trying I finally crafted Chimney dragon using Noel and Diamond. And today when I completed the second thing of day 8 storybook ?Breed Green Christmas Dragon with a Chimney Dragon? I got another blasted Chimney dragon. I?m sure they will be popping up frequently for me from now on.
The result was Chimney Dragon for all 3 of my islands too!
Maybe, after all those complaints during the previous Tales, it is an "extra inside help from S8 programming" (if you know what I mean) for people that choose to skip the first couple of Chimney Dragon steps.
I can't think anything else than that and of course it can't be just a coincidence...

Rfs04
12-04-18, 12:53 PM
I just tried Noel w diamond, got 26 hrs. That was at least my 25th try for chimney. Most were using just red w yellow but maybe 3,4 had 1 added color for a bingo breed. 12 were common. Seeing luck w Noel, I also tried w air, got hoot. I can try 1 more time in 9 hrs and that's it. This is ridiculous!!!

They short changed us an event to get enough points to get Drake last month, they had the nerve to say they offered as many points as in any other month for that dragon and now another impossible breed for tales.

I'm at the point now to just ignore trying for monthly dragons and just try breed something nice, which with all the commons they've added is almost impossible. I think it may be time to skip tales , try to breed supers then since they evidently skewed breeding and you hardly get during LBs. Funny too, they swear they don't touch the breeding code...ha ha ha

GL to those still trying. I wish S8 would read some of this and listen and improve things. Oh well.

Zummat
12-04-18, 01:47 PM
The result was Chimney Dragon for all 3 of my islands too!
Maybe, after all those complaints during the previous Tales, it is an "extra inside help from S8 programming" (if you know what I mean) for people that choose to skip the first couple of Chimney Dragon steps.
I can't think anything else than that and of course it can't be just a coincidence...

Wow, 3 extra Chimney Dragons when some players can’t even get the first one. It’s a sad thing to me that if S8 is trying to help, it’s too little too late.

mylord7
12-04-18, 02:03 PM
Wow, 3 extra Chimney Dragons when some players can’t even get the first one. It’s a sad thing to me that if S8 is trying to help, it’s too little too late.
Actually, the main idea of my post is that sometimes nothing is as random as we think it is and it's a sad thing to me too in any way...

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-04-18, 02:20 PM

I gave it a try out of pure desperation, although i know that the holiday element has a split risk. I got 26 hours..... :(

Phoenix406
12-04-18, 03:53 PM
I gave it a try out of pure desperation, although i know that the holiday element has a split risk. I got 26 hours..... :(

I used a holiday element, too, and got 26 hours - it's probably pegasus, depending on what you bred it with.

Nuicakes
12-04-18, 05:07 PM
What is wrong with me? I can't stop trying!

Neo Air x Mama Klaws (holiday-red) = Wooden
Neo Air x Green Christmas = 4 hours ... CHIMNEY!

suesbakery46
12-04-18, 06:14 PM
First attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 3hrs
Second attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 8hrs
Third attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 10hrs
Fourth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 11hrs
Fifth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 16hrs
Sixth attempt: Fire + Air = 10hrs
Seventh attempt: Playful + Neo Air = 10hrs
Eight attempt: Playful + Air = 15hrs....
Ninth attempt: Fire + Neo Air = 12hrs
Tenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Eleventh attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Twelfth attempt: Fire + Air = 10hrs
Thirteenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs
Fourteenth attempt: Fire + Air = 12hrs

Seriously...?? Okay wow. This is absolutely ABSURD.

Yep this is how my event looks as well. Have given up trying.

NeidusBluetip
12-04-18, 07:24 PM
Yep this is how my event looks as well. Have given up trying.

To be honest, something seems SO horrendously off about this event's breeding probabilities. I have *NEVER* gone this long in a single Tales (I've been playing the game before Tales was even implemented) where I have not been able to breed the Common dragon for the event. Even if the rare times it got a bit close for comfort and I was closing in on/or already on the chapter for the Common dragon to be hatched.

The list that I've been editing for *this* event, like so many others on here, is just beyond flabbergasting. I don't even know what to say anymore, I'm legit just floored.

Neilisha
12-04-18, 08:26 PM
Congrats to anyone who was able to breed chimney dragon I gracefully bow out of tales as I am yet to

delimiah
12-04-18, 09:12 PM
Still no Chimney after countless fails. This is beyond frustrating. And I thought this tales event is supposed to welcome the Christmas season. Thanks Scrooge8 for making it a lousy and un-jolly season! 😡

dragonfliesplace
12-04-18, 10:51 PM
After countless tries, I too have failed to breed the chimney. Another tales that I won?t be able to finish. But on a positive note, not completing tales has saved me a whopping food supply of over 1.5 mil.

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-05-18, 12:18 AM
Still no Chimney after countless fails. This is beyond frustrating. And I thought this tales event is supposed to welcome the Christmas season. Thanks Scrooge8 for making it a lousy and un-jolly season! ��

Scrooge8...I love that!!! :D

But on a serious note: i've never been so fed up with DS as right now. Lots of us are stuck by no fault of our own. Bye second Tales Dragon, bye third Tales Dragon, bye extra Tales dragon (jingle, which i already have, but 100 essence would be nice too) and bye monthly dragon. All because we dont have the luck to create a common dragon...which is exactly what s8 was targeting at by making it up to 7 (!) common possibilities now, not even mentioning the fact the common-rare-super rare breedingratio seems to be off atm. Which also seems fishy, but even if thats just caused by odds only working in large numbers, the six commons situation is bad enough. S8, you are gonna lose players this way. I have no doubt about it. Is that what you want? Then you are on the right track!

Varinamom
12-05-18, 01:49 AM
Up to over 30 fails now...the second tales in a row that I haven’t been able to breed the common. Wasted gold and speed ups. I won’t be spending any more gold on “possibilties” because my luck stinks.

dovanificent
12-05-18, 10:19 AM
Add me to the list of people who can't breed the common dragon

Verucka
12-05-18, 07:50 PM
Add me to the list of people who can't breed the common dragon
Me too!

Phoenix406
12-05-18, 09:36 PM
Well, blame me when S8 keeps doing the events the same way because I fell right into the gold trap and bought a bloody Chimney dragon. I have also used gold to make my Festive Night dragon win her required battles. Way too much gold invested, but oh well. I'll try not to fall into the trap next time. *sigh*

RhodryMaelwaedd
12-05-18, 10:28 PM
Ok, I'm just gonna say it now. Breeding is rigged. My third super rare fireflower this week after also lots and lots of rares and in comparison hardly any common at all? Rigged. :mad:

NeidusBluetip
12-06-18, 05:23 AM
Well, blame me when S8 keeps doing the events the same way because I fell right into the gold trap and bought a bloody Chimney dragon. I have also used gold to make my Festive Night dragon win her required battles. Way too much gold invested, but oh well. I'll try not to fall into the trap next time. *sigh*

Yeah I get that. I'm really upset because this now means there's probably no way I'll be able to get one of the monthly dragons (because somehow, I can never get the second one) and on top of that, I won't be able to complete the Tales or get ANY of the dragons for this event, the reward dragon from completing, etc. This has honestly never happened to me before, and I have been playing since before Tales first came out.

I *CANNOT* get this stupid idiotic dragon and I am just not willing to spend almost $15 USD on a Common?? What a festive way to screw over all the dedicated players.

Anuisia
12-06-18, 03:25 PM
Yeah I get that. I'm really upset because this now means there's probably no way I'll be able to get one of the monthly dragons (because somehow, I can never get the second one) and on top of that, I won't be able to complete the Tales or get ANY of the dragons for this event, the reward dragon from completing, etc. This has honestly never happened to me before, and I have been playing since before Tales first came out.

I *CANNOT* get this stupid idiotic dragon and I am just not willing to spend almost $15 USD on a Common?? What a festive way to screw over all the dedicated players.

Me too. This is the first Tales that I haven't been able to complete because I can't breed Chimney. I bred a lot of rares and super rares but only a handful of commons. I used a whole bunch of gold to speed up the den and the nests. I finally gave up yesterday. I made a huge mistake though - I fed Green Christmas up to Level 14 in advance like I have always done before. What a total waste of food! I will never make that mistake again. I just hope that I can still get both monthly dagons now without finishing the Tales.

grandmatina
12-07-18, 04:12 AM
Me too!

Add me to the list too! First time I haven't been able to breed required dragon for Tales.

Varinamom
12-07-18, 05:47 PM
45 breeding fails and a failed event...

delimiah
12-08-18, 03:25 AM

I actually used gold to skip breeding Chimney dragon and total lesser than the 200 gold needed to buy it.

Natasha_07
12-08-18, 02:25 PM
I couldn't breed this "super ultra rare" chimney or crystal ornament despite using 2 breeding dens, wasted gold. :(