PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Novem-burr - 2018 Nov 22 (5 Days)

AnnirasSweets
11-22-18, 06:58 PM
Novem-burr: Part 1
Serve 10 Tapioca Pudding (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 3 Hours *under PIE tab*
Serve 30 Matcha (30g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 1 Hour *under TEA tab*
Build 1 Pumpkin Producer (2g to skip)

- $22,000 each

- 8 Oven Element + 8 Pumpkin Pump
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Juice Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 2
Serve 30 Alfajores (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 1 Hour *under COOKIES tab*
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Latte (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 4 Hours
Serve 15 Pumpkin Juice (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 4 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 3
Serve 10 Oolong Green Tea (40g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 8 Hours *under TEA tab*
Serve 5 Pumpkin Sorbet (20g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 8 Hours
Serve 5 Pumpkin Hot Chocolate (20g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 8 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Flambe Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 4
Serve 10 Madeleine Cookies (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 6 Hours *under COOKIES tab*
Serve 15 Donut Frosty (30g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 4 Hours *under SPECIALTY tab*
Serve 10 Pumpkin Shake (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 6 Hours
Serve 10 Pumpkin Flambe (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 6 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Autumn Tree

Final Goal Prize:
Autumn Tree, 2x2, 15 Gem Value (Released as Market Purchase Nov. 2013)

GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48780 48780

kitty711
11-22-18, 07:10 PM
Yay new recipes. But 5 day goals are tough sometimes!

slayer7000
11-22-18, 07:15 PM
prize is lame lmao

ahting1023
11-22-18, 07:26 PM
Finally some thing up after Diwali Goal 😀
It?s always bored while waiting new goals coming up

AnnirasSweets
11-22-18, 07:28 PM
All the holiday madness really wore me out today, so I'll just leave you all with the write up tonight but I'll get the graphics loaded tomorrow. Hope those participating enjoy the new recipes/prize!

Natasha_07
11-22-18, 07:39 PM
These goals should be renamed 4 day goals since it's near midnight for me which means less time to complete. So unfair S8. :(

minxys_
11-22-18, 08:12 PM
i wonder why they start the "5 day" goals at night

CatSS4
11-22-18, 10:56 PM
I plan to skip this challenge. It is virtually impossible to finish in the 4 days left. I didn't get notice of challenge till around 10 pm. To many requests to fulfill. Not enough time to do. Am getting fed up with these silly 5 day challenges

EdiiLouise
11-22-18, 11:20 PM
I plan to skip this challenge. It is virtually impossible to finish in the 4 days left. I didn't get notice of challenge till around 10 pm. To many requests to fulfill. Not enough time to do. Am getting fed up with these silly 5 day challenges

I think you can do it if you put 6 appliances on. It's 6am here and the goal started a few hours ago and I've only just put the recipes on the stoves. Even if you don't like or want the prize, just finish when you unlocked all recipes. I honestly think it's worth a try

isa6jala3
11-22-18, 11:40 PM
I stayed up till late but no new goal... Just saw iT, i already have the autumn tree so i only go alone to unlock Some new recipes

baker9081
11-23-18, 03:03 AM
I was really hoping for an old (new for me) autumn decoration. Didn?t we just get this tree as a side goal prize not too long ago?

AnnirasSweets
11-23-18, 04:54 AM
I was really hoping for an old (new for me) autumn decoration. Didn?t we just get this tree as a side goal prize not too long ago?

I'm not that crazy about the prize either and as I already have a couple, I'll just be completing this goal to unlock the new recipes which I think is more than worth it. I mean, as far as smaller prizes go the Autumn Tree isn't the worst choice since it was originally released as a gem purchase and didn't have a very long market life but still...

To answer your question on if this is a repeat prize I went back and looked at the goal prizes for 2018 and didn't see it listed. Perhaps it looks similar to another prize? I know my mind blanked for a long minute on the name of the prize when I was doing the write up. I had to find it in my inventory before I knew for sure, lol.

kayjco
11-23-18, 07:04 AM
I am attempting this, but more for recipes than the tree. These (5)4-day goals are really tough, so I do not consider the prize when deciding whether to work on it or not. Inknow I may not finish.

I played 5 Storm8 games and am down to 2.4 and if these goals get harder I will be way down.

I do not even care what the Black Friday Sale brings. I am not buying any of it.

natalienat518
11-23-18, 07:15 AM
I am lucky in the sense that I?ve already built this oven and mastered the first 3 recipes a long time ago... However, one tip that I find useful: USE THIS FORUM TO PLAN AHEAD... You?ll be amazed how much time can be saved when you look ahead and cook those that can be served, let?s say, right after the completion of a section goal!!!

baker9081
11-23-18, 07:58 AM
I make 9 appliances for the 5 day goals and I finish with enough time. I buy that many because I like mastering recipes.

baker9081
11-23-18, 08:01 AM
I'm not that crazy about the prize either and as I already have a couple, I'll just be completing this goal to unlock the new recipes which I think is more than worth it. I mean, as far as smaller prizes go the Autumn Tree isn't the worst choice since it was originally released as a gem purchase and didn't have a very long market life but still...

To answer your question on if this is a repeat prize I went back and looked at the goal prizes for 2018 and didn't see it listed. Perhaps it looks similar to another prize? I know my mind blanked for a long minute on the name of the prize when I was doing the write up. I had to find it in my inventory before I knew for sure, lol.

Hmm.. maybe it was from last year then. I know for sure it was a goal prize. I haven?t been playing that long so was just hoping for a prize I had not won before. But it?s not the worst for sure. I can always use more autumn trees.

BettiBoopsie
11-23-18, 12:22 PM
You may be thinking of "Fall Picnic". It has a nice looking autumn tree and a little family sitting beneath it.

fluffyfoot
11-23-18, 01:09 PM
Unlocking new recipes is nice, but final prize is part of the Black Friday sale.

carabelle
11-23-18, 01:39 PM
Anyone else think the Value Pack is wrong? 20,000 coins 5 gems and one magic oven 9.99 was 48.99????? Either a mistake or a rip off?

TwixAndScones
11-23-18, 02:01 PM
Anyone else think the Value Pack is wrong? 20,000 coins 5 gems and one magic oven 9.99 was 48.99????? Either a mistake or a rip off?

Yes, it might be a rip off :(

dgjfhdhgb
11-23-18, 02:54 PM
5 day goals are nearly impossible for me to complete, plus the prize is lame from what Ive heard.

dgjfhdhgb
11-23-18, 02:57 PM
Unlocking new recipes is nice, but final prize is part of the Black Friday sale.

Same thing happened with the Diwali prize.

Azul
11-24-18, 01:36 PM
Another gol that just can't be completed in 5 days. It takes me that long just to build enough ovens to have a reasonable chance of completing it but them its already over.

AnnirasSweets
11-25-18, 10:12 AM
Just finished unlocking the last new recipe on this oven and I am calling it quits for this goal set.

I was happy to see the longer cook times on these recipes because there is no way I would've been able to unlock the new recipes with all the fuss of the holiday if they had the shorter timers.

Good luck to all those still finishing!

EdiiLouise
11-25-18, 12:01 PM
Just finished unlocking the last new recipe on this oven and I am calling it quits for this goal set.

I was happy to see the longer cook times on these recipes because there is no way I would've been able to unlock the new recipes with all the fuss of the holiday if they had the shorter timers.

Good luck to all those still finishing!

I've only got to serve 10 pumpkin shakes then done with 2 days to spare :D

AnnirasSweets
11-25-18, 12:39 PM
I've only got to serve 10 pumpkin shakes then done with 2 days to spare :D

Glad to hear it, it seems like the longer timed recipes are working for more than just me!

baracudabistro
11-25-18, 04:39 PM
What's a value pack?

AnnirasSweets
11-25-18, 05:01 PM
iOS players sometimes get a limited time offer to purchase what is called a Value Pack. These packs are usually 5 or 10 USD and contain several game items such as deco, oven parts or gems/coins.

The current VP is an offer to purchase the Magic Oven, 5 gems and 20,000 coins for 9.99 USD, there is a photo of it on this page https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106814-SALE-Black-Friday-2018-Sale/page6 in post #53.

podunkiana
11-25-18, 08:00 PM
Finished it. Why do we have to go hunt and peck for the final goal to place it? Shouldnt it be easier? Its like they dont want you to plce it.

grumpwitch
11-25-18, 08:50 PM
iOS players sometimes get a limited time offer to purchase what is called a Value Pack. These packs are usually 5 or 10 USD and contain several game items such as deco, oven parts or gems/coins.

The current VP is an offer to purchase the Magic Oven, 5 gems and 20,000 coins for 9.99 USD, there is a photo of it on this page https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106814-SALE-Black-Friday-2018-Sale/page6 in post #53.
And there's a reason why this isn't offered to android players?

AnnirasSweets
11-25-18, 09:25 PM
Finished it. Why do we have to go hunt and peck for the final goal to place it? Shouldnt it be easier? Its like they dont want you to plce it.

Congrats and I hope you've found your well earned prize.

I've always wondered - when we get that final pop up showing us the image of our prize - why doesn't it open our deco tab to the exact location of said prize? It's obviously possible because the game will take us directly to every other new item throughout the goal set from ovens to deco so why would this be any different?

And there's a reason why this isn't offered to android players?

I don't think we've ever received an official answer on this matter, but I'm sure there's an actual technical reason why they only appear on one platform and not the others. In the case of the Magic Oven however, droid users can purchase the oven outright for 140 gems while they are 200 on iOS. Perhaps this is their way of trying to even things out a bit?

Jojocl141587
11-27-18, 06:50 AM
I’m not happy about that value pack at all. They took the Mighty Oven changed it’s color and name and charged $9.99 for that a sad 5 gems and coins. Here I am thinking it’s a new limited time oven not the basic oven and bought it. I’ve been kicking myself for 4 days now.

obsording
11-27-18, 03:58 PM
I've always wondered - when we get that final pop up showing us the image of our prize - why doesn't it open our deco tab to the exact location of said prize? It's obviously possible because the game will take us directly to every other new item throughout the goal set from ovens to deco so why would this be any different?

I've wondered that too. They often have pop-ups ready to open the gem box tab and welcome me to mis-click and accidentally spend 1/5th of my gems on 500k measly coins like I did today. So I'd like to think it shouldn't be too hard for them to spare us the nearly 150 finger-fatiguing taps it takes to get to the end of the deco tab.

KadeeDid
11-27-18, 07:04 PM

This is one of my pet peeves! Many times I can not seem to find it. Unless I check the forum, I often don't even know what it is! I already had the pumpkin appliance but built a few more. I did like the longer times. I already had the prize but completed the goals to open up the new recipes.

I need a better way to remember which appliances have recipes to finish. The appliances are scattered all over. Maybe new appliances could be added to the end instead of haphazardly placed where you don't expect.

Pandiepiie
11-28-18, 07:55 AM
Novem-burr: Part 1
Serve 10 Tapioca Pudding (20g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 3 Hours *under PIE tab*
Serve 30 Matcha (30g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 1 Hour *under TEA tab*
Build 1 Pumpkin Producer (2g to skip)

- $22,000 each

- 8 Oven Element + 8 Pumpkin Pump
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Juice Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 2
Serve 30 Alfajores (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 1 Hour *under COOKIES tab*
Serve 15 Pumpkin Spice Latte (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 4 Hours
Serve 15 Pumpkin Juice (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 4 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 3
Serve 10 Oolong Green Tea (40g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 8 Hours *under TEA tab*
Serve 5 Pumpkin Sorbet (20g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 8 Hours
Serve 5 Pumpkin Hot Chocolate (20g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 8 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Flambe Recipe

Novem-burr: Part 4
Serve 10 Madeleine Cookies (30g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 6 Hours *under COOKIES tab*
Serve 15 Donut Frosty (30g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 4 Hours *under SPECIALTY tab*
Serve 10 Pumpkin Shake (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 6 Hours
Serve 10 Pumpkin Flambe (30g to skip)

- Pumpkin Producer

- 6 Hours
Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Autumn Tree

Final Goal Prize:
Autumn Tree, 2x2, 15 Gem Value (Released as Market Purchase Nov. 2013)

GOAL ITEMS:
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48780 48780

AnnirasSweets are you going to be posting about the Parade goal? I feel lost without you lol. 🤗 Truly appreciate the work you put into the goal and side goal posts. I hope Ive missed it and its posted somewhere else? Please tell me youre doing this again! 🙏

AnnirasSweets
11-28-18, 08:43 AM
AnnirasSweets are you going to be posting about the Parade goal? I feel lost without you lol. �� Truly appreciate the work you put into the goal and side goal posts. I hope Ive missed it and its posted somewhere else? Please tell me youre doing this again! ��

Thank you, that is quite the compliment! The new goal thread is up and running here: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106852-GOAL-I-Love-A-Parade-2018-Nov-27-(15-Days)

I typically get the BS/RS goal outlines up within an hour or so of release but if it I'm super swamped with work I make sure to start the thread with a note on when to expect the complete outline so that my fellow players aren't left hanging. I know how important it is to hit the ground running and get your plans in place with the new goal set up.

Keep in mind when looking for the new goal thread, it's not automatically stickied to the top of the forum. Mods do this when time permits them so that first day or so you may have to scroll a bit to find it but it should always be on the first page of the Discussion forum. Happy goaling!