PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday 2018 Sale - starts Nov 23

Rynetory2
11-16-18, 08:02 PM
Black Friday 2018 Sale

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48624

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48685

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48686

Elsa;1551600']The Jewelape is 1 Gem/2 days and Runestone Cliffhanger is 1 Rune/Day.

Rynetory2
11-16-18, 08:02 PM

deadpixel
11-17-18, 03:31 AM
The monkey looks cute, sort of like something that fell out of the Chinese "Journey to the West" story. :)

A new Realm Runes producing creature? More runes to add to the 1000+ sitting in storage.

Limequat
11-17-18, 11:34 AM
Sorry, but it's pretty hard for me to get excited about this. Where do you expect us to put these animals in our forest? I don't have the space for four animal habitats, much less two animal habitats. And why would I want to purchase another rune producing animal if I can't use the runes I already have? I've essentially stopped playing this game two months ago, I don't do anything except send and collect gems. I have neither earned any runes through events nor collected any from my rune habitat, yet I still have about 800 runes in storage.

Phoenix406
11-17-18, 05:04 PM
What is that Rene creature supposed to be?

deadpixel
11-18-18, 12:24 AM

Three-toed? Flat-faced? Probably a Sloth. Its arms are a little short though.

That being said, if they can put antlers on a Doe, this might just be their idea of a Runic Pig.

Kris10sZoo
11-18-18, 04:43 AM
As much as I enjoy this game and the events I’m about done wasting my time and money since I can’t do anything with the hundreds of runes, animals, and habitats I’ve been collecting. I don’t understand what the point is of constantly creating events that require certain animals in order to succeed when they aren’t providing room to put them, not to mention adding new animals. Could they at least let us put animals in storage? Only upside is that I’m not spending any money!

MystiqueRealm
11-18-18, 09:21 AM

I'm going to guess a huge prehistoric Runic Rabbit lol

Nuicakes
11-20-18, 02:32 PM
Does the tree of life ever go on sale?

deadpixel
11-20-18, 03:19 PM
Does the tree of life ever go on sale?

Don't remember ever seeing it being offered on sale.

deadpixel
11-20-18, 03:23 PM
https://image.ibb.co/muaWFV/46-A166-D6-C079-40-E4-A63-D-7-EFC9-FBC67-BD.jpg

A gem sale during the Black Friday sales. That's good, at least you don't have to purchase them in advance only to discover that you don't like any of the offerings.

https://image.ibb.co/mua1hA/0-A49-E111-9-F82-4050-BD56-198-F8-D48-BA39.jpg

What happened to the Realm Rune producing creature? OH NO! does that mean no expansions?

Limequat
11-20-18, 04:24 PM
What happened to the Realm Rune producing creature? OH NO! does that mean no expansions?

LOL, I didn't even notice until now that they stopped featuring it in the popup! So they think if they don't bring up anything that has to do with expansions, we'll stop talking about it too? Nice.

Nuicakes
11-20-18, 05:55 PM
Don't remember ever seeing it being offered on sale.

Thank you.

Rynetory2
11-20-18, 08:24 PM
Update:

Harvest Hollow and Runic Retreat have increased from the previous limit of 1.

deadpixel
11-20-18, 09:12 PM
Update:

So we're on track for a new Realm Runes producing creature :)

Rynetory2
11-20-18, 09:39 PM
So we're on track for a new Realm Runes producing creature :)

I'm looking forward to the new food, gem and runes creatures. And even sent in a request for them to increase the limit capacity for members who are already maxed. :)

miadoubled
11-20-18, 10:02 PM
The rune guy looks similar to the creepy animal in the Stranger things series.

miadoubled
11-20-18, 10:10 PM
https://image.ibb.co/muaWFV/46-A166-D6-C079-40-E4-A63-D-7-EFC9-FBC67-BD.jpg

A gem sale during the Black Friday sales. That's good, at least you don't have to purchase them in advance only to discover that you don't like any of the offerings.

https://image.ibb.co/mua1hA/0-A49-E111-9-F82-4050-BD56-198-F8-D48-BA39.jpg

I wish that they would have a special sale for more than 30% :(

AppieP
11-20-18, 10:21 PM
Is that the Ruby Pony from the birthstone creatures on the 2th pop-up?
If so it looks like the birthstone creatures going on sale as well! Again?
I want the zodiacs on sale .......

Phoenix406
11-21-18, 12:02 AM
I'm looking forward to the new food, gem and runes creatures. And even sent in a request for them to increase the limit capacity for members who are already maxed. :)

Thank you so much for doing that! I hope they listen to you!

Phoenix406
11-21-18, 12:03 AM
Is that the Ruby Pony from the birthstone creatures on the 2th pop-up?
If so it looks like the birthstone creatures going on sale as well! Again?
I want the zodiacs on sale .......

I would like to get the Zodiacs for my second account, but I would prefer to do the quests, just because I have to cut back on my gaming budget. :(

Rynetory2
11-21-18, 03:16 AM
Thank you so much for doing that! I hope they listen to you!

They did. :) They increased the habitat cap for these habitats so members can buy the upcoming sale creatures. Btw the CMs and I are still working on land request for those who are land locked. I have not forgotten about you guys. This is the busy crunch period for Storm8 so I have no definite date yet.

Update:

torfhoeken3
11-21-18, 05:06 AM
Update:

Would be great if they would also increase the capacity of food and runes: my single bunny at level 11 needs its full basket emptied every 5 hours, so harvest is lost during the night and definitely no use for a second animal however cute, and with 2 animals per habitat 8 runes per 24 hours would make sense...

Silverrain1
11-21-18, 06:52 AM

Does that mean my harvest hollow will get to hold 3 creatures? And it would be great if the habitat could hold more than 300 apples.

I would love the birthstone ponies to come back, think I only have 3 or 4.

deadpixel
11-21-18, 07:48 AM
I would like to get the Zodiacs for my second account, but I would prefer to do the quests, just because I have to cut back on my gaming budget. :(

I missed the Sagittarius on its first pass through my forest because I nodded off to sleep before completing the last collection; had to wait an entire year before I was able to complete it on its second pass and win the Ophiuchus.

Sugarcat5
11-21-18, 10:54 AM
I would love to see the zodiac habitats on sale!!!! I have saved the LAST SPACE on my island for the only zodiac habitat I don't have. 400 gems is too much for a habitat so I have been waiting patiently for the zodiac habitats to go on sale. Please S8....zodiac habitats on sale...thank you:)

AppieP
11-21-18, 12:20 PM
I would love to see the zodiac habitats on sale!!!! I have saved the LAST SPACE on my island for the only zodiac habitat I don't have. 400 gems is too much for a habitat so I have been waiting patiently for the zodiac habitats to go on sale. Please S8....zodiac habitats on sale...thank you:)

You are reading my mind is't not?!;) I'm waiting for the same thing about a year now. And still need 1 creature for completing the collection for the same long time.

littelprince0313
11-22-18, 08:19 PM
They did. :) They increased the habitat cap for these habitats so members can buy the upcoming sale creatures. Btw the CMs and I are still working on land request for those who are land locked. I have not forgotten about you guys. This is the busy crunch period for Storm8 so I have no definite date yet.

Great to hear, but it?s not like the land problem is sth recent and new...
Without expantion I dont need to buy anything today cause i dont have space

Luckylady00
11-23-18, 12:05 PM
This sales has not showen up yet. When will it start today?

deadpixel
11-23-18, 12:36 PM
ARE THEY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS?????

https://image.ibb.co/iNO1NA/10638-FA8-0490-4-FEF-BEB1-195000-B7-E1-FB.jpg

1 GEM PER HOUR???

I'M BUYING 2 IF IT'S PERMITTED AND IF THIS IS REAL!!!

Is this real? Can someone from S8 verify this?

If I buy it now and S8 realizes it was wrong, will it still produce 1 gem per hour for me and the actual 1 per day for players who buy after it gets corrected?

Silverrain1
11-23-18, 12:39 PM
Well, will be a no go for me. Lots of animals I don?t have since I missed the birth stone ponies and some others. But with no expansions, I?m not buying. Would have loved the new food sbinak but I already have 2 and the habitat can only hold 2 with still w cap of 300 food. So, not worth it.
Enjoy if ur buying

deadpixel
11-23-18, 12:53 PM
BEST BLACK FRIDAY EVER FOR FFS

https://image.ibb.co/hrb7Uq/5-FF0-ECDB-FD76-4595-B1-D8-B8-DB3-A7957-F6.jpg

I'm more than willing to forget the lack of expansion issues if this and the new Gem Producer are real, cause at 1 gem per hour, I would get back the cost of my purchase in 46 hours and all that I've spent in FFS in less than a year!

deadpixel
11-23-18, 12:57 PM
This being the start of the long weekend, I hope this isn't a sales trick to get us to buy the creatures and then say "Oops!" come Monday :mad:

https://preview.ibb.co/dite9q/10638-FA8-0490-4-FEF-BEB1-195000-B7-E1-FB.jpg (https://ibb.co/eOBAFV)

https://preview.ibb.co/c56VhA/5-FF0-ECDB-FD76-4595-B1-D8-B8-DB3-A7957-F6.jpg (https://ibb.co/cqfZ9q)

AppieP
11-23-18, 12:58 PM

1 GEM PER HOUR???

If I buy it now and S8 realizes it was wrong, will it still produce 1 gem per hour for me and the actual 1 per day for players who buy after it gets corrected?

They reward you with a special offer i think lol.....

Im so happy with this Black Friday sale. Thanks S8. Just bought my last missing zodiac c4eature Capricorn and the last zodiac habitat. Finally completed my collection, and ready for the reward :p

Natasha_07
11-23-18, 01:20 PM
This is too good to be true, how much you want to bet it's probably 1 per day/or 2.

Don't want to bring you down, just when something that seems too fantastic to me, if that's the case people are going to be MAD!

1 GEM PER HOUR???

[S8] Elsa
11-23-18, 01:27 PM
The Jewelape is 1 Gem/2 days and Runestone Cliffhanger is 1 Rune/Day.

tromalyt
11-23-18, 01:27 PM
Mine says one gem per 2 days. Is it worse than the gems animals that cost 2000 gems?

tromalyt
11-23-18, 01:30 PM
Elsa;1551600']The Jewelape is 1 Gem/2 days and Runestone Cliffhanger is 1 Rune/Day.
How many gems a level 15 gives?

Sugarcat5
11-23-18, 01:30 PM
You are reading my mind is't not?!;) I'm waiting for the same thing about a year now. And still need 1 creature for completing the collection for the same long time.
We got our wish!!!!! The only thing that isn't good is now I have no more open spaces unless i get rid of decor that i dont want to part with:(
Why couldn't they have given us more expansions? I would have spent more money had they done so.

deadpixel
11-23-18, 01:31 PM
This is too good to be true, how much you want to bet it's probably 1 per day/or 2.

Don't want to bring you down, just when something that seems too fantastic to me, if that's the case people are going to be MAD!

LOL! :D

I know it's a mistake, (it would be wonderful if I were wrong), this isn't the first time that S8 has made a mistake of this nature, but that mistake was of a smaller magnitude. What they did to "solve" the blunder was to apologize for the error and offer players who where unhappy with their purchase a full refund.

I hear the thunderous pounding on keyboards and maniacal tappings on screens coming from the future (Monday) of angry players flooding support with questions and requests for refunds.

But I still hope I'm wrong :)

[S8] Elsa
11-23-18, 01:32 PM

4 Gems/2 Days

[S8] Elsa
11-23-18, 01:35 PM
LOL! :D

I know it's a mistake, (it would be wonderful if I were wrong), this isn't the first time that S8 has made a mistake of this nature, but that mistake was of a smaller magnitude. What they did to "solve" the blunder was to apologize for the error and offer players who where unhappy with their purchase a full refund.

I hear the thunderous pounding on keyboards and maniacal tappings on screens coming from the future (Monday) of angry players flooding support with questions and requests for refunds.

But I still hope I'm wrong :)

There was a text issue, which was live for ~10min. If you bought it during the 10 minute window and you don’t want the animal, please contact support. :)

deadpixel
11-23-18, 01:39 PM

It'll be 4 Gems/2days in other words, 2 Gems/day.

It's the same as the Money Badger.

It's actually quite a ripoff considering that the Gold Producing dragons in DS give five per day and that the cost of non-coin habitats, creatures and Ultimate moves for battles are the same in both games.

AppieP
11-23-18, 01:41 PM
We got our wish!!!!! The only thing that isn't good is now I have no more open spaces unless i get rid of decor that i dont want to part with:(
Why couldn't they have given us more expansions? I would have spent more money had they done so.

Yes im really happy with this sale. Bought my last zodiac hab and creature. I have a few expansions left, but i see and understand your problem. Wish i know the answer about expansions, but sadly i don't. This being said, happy with the black friday sale. My special thanks this time too S8.

deadpixel
11-23-18, 01:44 PM
Elsa;1551609']There was a text issue, which was live for ~10min. If you bought it during the 10 minute window and you don’t want the animal, please contact support. :)

Not an issue Elsa, I knew it was a typo and was waiting for an official word before making a decision to purchase it. I'm not buying it because it's a Gem Producer, but because I love the story of "The Journey to the West" and the Jewelape reminds me of the main character in the Chinese epic.

tromalyt
11-23-18, 01:53 PM
Elsa;1551607']3 Gems/2 Days

Thanks.

deadpixel
11-23-18, 02:36 PM
Elsa;1551607']3 Gems/2 Days

Is this confirmed?

The Jewelape starts off producing 1 Gem/2days, same as the Money Badger, but the latter peaks at 4 gems/ 2days at level 15.

[S8] Elsa
11-23-18, 03:29 PM
Is this confirmed?

The Jewelape starts off producing 1 Gem/2days, same as the Money Badger, but the latter peaks at 4 gems/ 2days at level 15.

You’re right, after the last evolution: 4 Gems/2 Days

zzGoldmine2
11-23-18, 03:50 PM
Anybody can confirm when the sale ends? Is this a 3 day sale or one day only?

Phoenix406
11-23-18, 05:46 PM
Anybody can confirm when the sale ends? Is this a 3 day sale or one day only?

I need to know this, too! Also, do we only get double realm Runes in the mine, or all weekend?!! Someone please help.

Phaedrakiki
11-23-18, 06:38 PM
Me, too! How long does this sale run?

cheetahblood
11-25-18, 11:11 AM
Spent 1,420 gems this sale, hope you're happy storm8 😝

jibro
11-26-18, 01:06 PM
I didnt bought anything from the sale.. I see some great animals, but the 30% is not making me crazy. I doubt buying the matripony, but with all the redesigning I expect her to be there again in februari.
The birthstone ponys are still too expensive while it was cheaper to get them earlier..

Im not sure if I still have this game on my phone in februari. The game is getting slow and Im feeling more and more disfunctioned playing it..
Well see. Hopefully christmass brings a better sale

Sakrysta
11-26-18, 05:48 PM
Until I can afford a Food animal, I am really determined not to spend a lot of gems. It would have to be an amazing sale - or an Owlbear LOL - to convince me to deplete my gem hoard. They got me a few months ago with the Steamtrunk, but it is in the same category as the Owlbear for me so I was super happy to get it.

mutley00
12-13-18, 05:22 PM
Update:

These were actually upgraded some time ago with release of Squirrel Away and Rune Raven.
Shame they didn't also increase what they can hold, as the current limits are ridiculously low even for one animal!!!

Rynetory2
12-14-18, 08:01 AM
Would be great if they would also increase the capacity of food and runes: my single bunny at level 11 needs its full basket emptied every 5 hours, so harvest is lost during the night and definitely no use for a second animal however cute, and with 2 animals per habitat 8 runes per 24 hours would make sense...

I'll make a request for this.

These were actually upgraded some time ago with release of Squirrel Away and Rune Raven.
Shame they didn't also increase what they can hold, as the current limits are ridiculously low even for one animal!!!

They were capped to 1 habitat after the Squirrel Away and Rune Raven. I did check my game before I made the request before the sale started.

Phoenix406
12-14-18, 11:16 AM
I'll make a request for this.

They were capped to 1 habitat after the Squirrel Away and Rune Raven. I did check my game before I made the request before the sale started.
Y'all are talking about two different things. Rynetory is referring to the number of habitats. Previously we could only have 1 Harvest Hollow and 1 Runic Retreat; now we can have 2 of each.
Mutley is referring to the number of animals each habitat can hold, which is 2. When these habitats were released, they each only held 1 animal, but they upgraded them a while back to hold 2. Mutley is also lamenting that the habitats can't hold more food and runes so that he/she doesn't have to collect as often.
My mediation fee is $50 per hour. Fork it over. 😉 Oh, and I only accept US Dollars. I'm already overweight; I don't need any more pounds. ROFL

Rynetory2
12-17-18, 07:59 AM
You are hilarious! Roflol :D Ok, no pounds. Will Sterling do? :p I'll repay in favour then. Thanks.

Phoenix406
12-23-18, 12:20 AM
I'm glad I could make you laugh, Rynetory. 😊 Happy Holidays!

Rynetory2
12-26-18, 06:51 AM
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you! :D