PDA

View Full Version : November Dragons: Drake Dragon and Scarbolt Dragon

kooky panda
11-02-18, 11:15 AM
Drake Dragon https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/7/77/Drake_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20181102173020 (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/7/77/Drake_Epic.png/revision/latest?cb=20181102173020)

Earn perfect Starts during Events

Scarbolt Dragonhttps://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/8/82/Scarbolt_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20181102173103 (https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/dragon-story/images/8/82/Scarbolt_Epic.png/revision/latest?cb=20181102173103)

Earn Brave orbs from Breeding

glenngenius
11-27-18, 05:16 PM
Hi S8 forum moderator,

I noticed that unlike previous months, November is lacking of one tourney event which would've given those who didn't manage to finish the previous DT a chance to earn perfect stars for the Drake Dragon. Was it really intended to be like this? I mean, before, even if you miss out one event, you still have the chance to complete the event-based prize dragons, but it seems this month is different. Sadly, I'm one of those who was unable to finish the previous DT and is now lacking of perfect stars for the Drake Dragon.

I hope you can enlighten me on this one.

Thank you. :)

Phoenix406
11-27-18, 06:05 PM
Hi S8 forum moderator,

I noticed that unlike previous months, November is lacking of one tourney event which would've given those who didn't manage to finish the previous DT a chance to earn perfect stars for the Drake Dragon. Was it really intended to be like this? I mean, before, even if you miss out one event, you still have the chance to complete the event-based prize dragons, but it seems this month is different. Sadly, I'm one of those who was unable to finish the previous DT and is now lacking of perfect stars for the Drake Dragon.

I also seemed to have missed out somehow and did not earn a Drake dragon on either account. :(

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 06:09 PM
Hi S8 forum moderator,

I'd like to be enlightened on this tragedy too. November isn't even over and we got December stuff? November items didn't start until November 2nd which only gave us 25 days to do everything. Not cool.

[S8] Elsa
11-27-18, 06:27 PM
Hi S8 forum moderator,

The monthly Dragons won't always have the same event types, be in the same order, or offer the same parts distribution. November events gave as many parts as any previous month and you could sit out an event and still get enough parts. However, if you had low participation in multiple events or skipped a big event entirely then that's likely where you'd fall short.

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 06:37 PM
Elsa;1552563']The monthly Dragons won't always have the same event types, be in the same order, or offer the same parts distribution. November events gave as many parts as any previous month and you could sit out an event and still get enough parts. However, if you had low participation in multiple events or skipped a big event entirely then that's likely where you'd fall short.

I sat out last month's dragon Tales and participated in everything else but still had enough to craft Nevermore. I did the same thing this month but fell 1800 parts short even with doing the first four chapters of the Tales. The month was shortened.

glenngenius
11-27-18, 08:35 PM
Elsa;1552563']The monthly Dragons won't always have the same event types, be in the same order, or offer the same parts distribution. November events gave as many parts as any previous month and you could sit out an event and still get enough parts. However, if you had low participation in multiple events or skipped a big event entirely then that's likely where you'd fall short.

I sat out last month's dragon Tales and participated in everything else but still had enough to craft Nevermore. I did the same thing this month but fell 1800 parts short even with doing the first four chapters of the Tales. The month was shortened.

Hi, Elsa. I do understand that but it seems that this month did not give out as many parts as the previous months. And like Skyharbor, except for the DT, I have participated every single event for the month of November. I really think you should confirm or double check it and compare with the previous months total number of parts given, because as you've mentioned, it's possible that I might not be able to collect enough parts IF I have low participation or skipped a big event entirely, which in my case, DT was the only event I failed to finish (just reached until I got the second dragon) but participated the rest of the events.

Thank you for the reply as well. I really appreciate someone responding to matters like this.

Phoenix406
11-27-18, 08:37 PM

Oh, come on now, Skyharbor602. Obviously it is our mistake and there is nothing that S8 could have or should have done differently. We simply don't put enough time, money, and effort into playing the game.

skyharbor602
11-27-18, 09:01 PM
Oh, come on now, Skyharbor602. Obviously it is our mistake and there is nothing that S8 could have or should have done differently. We simply don't put enough time, money, and effort into playing the game.

Phoenix406, yes. It was my bad to think fairness was a virtue with this company, lol. Oh well, Drake is only pixels and I'm still ticked that this month was an Arcane theme when it was a theme two months ago.

Rfs04
11-27-18, 09:11 PM
I'm sorry Elsa, but I'm getting tired of your only answer ever being there's nothing wrong with S8 actions....
I too was about 2200 points short for Drake and the only thing I missed were last 6 tales chapters.. in other months, what you stated was probably correct since I normally have 2000 or 3000 points extra when I play all the games. So if this month acted the same I should have had enough points.

Not having a tourney at the end probably caused the shortage. Why can't you and S8 admit things like that.

If you read the description for the stars, it says earn them throughout the month of November. I didn't realize that Nov 27 thru 30 are really December days! Oh my!

It might be nice if S8 actually listed somewhere the start and end dates for monthly dragions.

random59
11-28-18, 04:01 AM
Likewise, seems a recurring answer from Storm8. The November Dragons started on 2 November and ran for only 25 days, maybe someone needs to invest in a new calendar along with a new calculator!

random59
11-28-18, 04:06 AM

Actually I have sat out a Tales before and collected both Dragons but in saying that we missed a tournament that would have produced the Perfect Stars!

Please stop changing the bar! The next event Dragons last for 42 days or should I say we have 42 days to craft them a bit different from 25 days to collect objects and yeah you have to catch my drift!

sipland
11-28-18, 06:52 AM
I thought we had until Nov 30 to collect materials. I’m short 300 orbs for Scarbolt and didn’t earn any for my last 2 breedings. If I had known that we couldn’t earn any more materials, I would have sped up my breeding. I’ve spent my gold on the new “HP” inspired habitats and can’t believe I won’t be getting Scarbolt. Please S8 give us an extension!

tromalyt
11-28-18, 09:40 AM
I couldn't get Drake either, I am missing some 2200 items.

During the first dragon tales I couldn't breed the common limited time dragon needed to finish the DT, even though I bought the second den and I used gold to speed up breeding and hatching. Until I realized that no matter how many times I try, I wasn't going to get that dragon, so I gave up. I completed the rest november events, tournaments included, but I could not get the drake.

I am not even mad, I am used to it. You fail to breed the "common" dragon on time, the other dragons are gone.

There is something funny about those common dragons, Either I got them the first time I try, or I do not get them no matter how many times I try. One might think there is a cap on them during the DT event.

sophiensissi
11-28-18, 10:45 AM
I’m in the same boat. Never had an issue crafting the monthly dragons, but didn’t get that one either. And, we don’t have the last few days this month to earn the stars either. It’s not like I have room for it anyway, but I’ve never been short before.

[S8] Elsa
11-28-18, 12:21 PM
Actually I have sat out a Tales before and collected both Dragons but in saying that we missed a tournament that would have produced the Perfect Stars!

Please stop changing the bar! The next event Dragons last for 42 days or should I say we have 42 days to craft them a bit different from 25 days to collect objects and yeah you have to catch my drift!

The monthly events provided the same amount of parts as the previous months, which always includes some extra for parts ahead of the 20,000 required. If you participated in the events, it's possible to have earned all of the necessary parts and more. If you didn't participate in some of the events or skipped a big event, you may not have participated enough to earn enough parts.

glenngenius
11-28-18, 05:15 PM

Hi Elsa,

This IS how close I was after I ONLY skipped the last two (or three) chapters of the previous DT (last chapter I finished was getting the second dragon) . And take note, I participated in EVERY other event. I'm sorry but I still find it hard to believe that this month's parts were equal to the previous months (considering the number of days pointed by one of the members here and other things - and I already understood what you've mentioned about monthly events differ in pattern etc). Oh well, there's nothing much I can do anyway since no matter what I say in this forum will not make S8 release an event that will give us a chance to get parts for the Drake dragon (bye bye monthly dragon).

On the other hand, thank you for responding to my inquiry. I appreciate it. At least someone still cares to attend to the concerns of long time players.

mylord7
11-28-18, 08:41 PM
This IS how close I was after I ONLY skipped the last two (or three) chapters of the previous DT (last chapter I finished was getting the second dragon) . And take note, I participated in EVERY other event. I'm sorry but I still find it hard to believe that this month's parts were equal to the previous months (considering the number of days pointed by one of the members here and other things - and I already understood what you've mentioned about monthly events differ in pattern etc). Oh well, there's nothing much I can do anyway since no matter what I say in this forum will not make S8 release an event that will give us a chance to get parts for the Drake dragon (bye bye monthly dragon).
I have completed all the monthly events, as I always do and I collected 22.562 points in total for the Drake Dragon. If you remember how many points we used to collect during the previous months make your maths and see if they are equal or not. To be honest, I don't frankly remember to help you on that.
I would like also to mention that on Tuesday, Novemer the 20th it was supposed to be released a tournament with the Duskmire Dragon as a prize, that never has been released!
So, possibly, the extra points that have been lost from that tournament, make the difference to you this time.
I can't be sure about that, but there is a reasonable suspicion it may occur.
I hope I helped :)

sipland
11-28-18, 09:10 PM
I have completed all the monthly events, as I always do and I collected 22.562 points in total for the Drake Dragon. If you remember how many points we used to collect during the previous months make your maths and see if they are equal or not. To be honest, I don't frankly remember to help you on that.
I would like also to mention that on Tuesday, Novemer the 20th it was supposed to be released a tournament with the Duskmire Dragon as a prize, that never has been released!
So, possibly, the extra points that have been lost from that tournament, make the difference to you this time.
I can't be sure about that, but there is a reasonable suspicion it may occur.
I hope I helped :)

I was able to complete all of the monthly events as well, and have 2,562 pieces for Drake remaining in inventory. This Duskmire info makes sense as we haven?t this large a gap between tournaments for a long time. In my mind it would make so much more sense if we could collect pieces until the end of each month.

I?m missing 300 pieces for Scarbolt and could still try for Neo Sagittarius, but it?s a long shot and I haven?t been able to breed the dragon for Tales yet. Sorry for those who missed out on Drake ... takes the fun out of this game!

ETA: oh no ... just went from bad to worse ... decided to try once more to breed Neo Sagittarius for the orbs and got a 32hr Titan :(

Sugarcat5
11-28-18, 10:32 PM
I am disappointed that we didn't get the whole month of November to get these dragons and that includes the battle crafting dragon and the mining dragon. I missed out on drake and the battle crafting dragon on both accounts because of the shortened time and/or lack of enough events to earn them. Another tourney and a few extra days to battle and i would have earned all the dragons on both accounts. I dont understand why the mining dragon and battle dragon couldnt have ended on Fri 11/30. I find myself being more and more confused and frustrated by the decisions being made by S8 lately.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 12:05 AM
Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for the crafting of both the monthly dragons. You should have been able to obtain enough points to craft one Drake and two Scarbolt Dragons (disenchant the first for 100 essences, then craft the second).

I'm sure you know that the dragons with crafting points linked to the Tournaments are more challenging to win. I've found that the easiest way to earn points for this dragon is to work hard at winning all the tournaments put out during the month; they are tough and time-consuming, but not impossible. I usually end with 1K to 2K+ points extra for this dragon if I complete all tournaments, but because I missed the last battle of the previous tourney, finished with only 600 extra points.

random59
11-29-18, 12:50 AM
Funny that people have this opinion when so many so otherwise!

random59
11-29-18, 12:59 AM
Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for the crafting of both the monthly dragons. You should have been able to obtain enough points to craft one Drake and two Scarbolt Dragons (disenchant the first for 100 essences, then craft the second).

I'm sure you know that the dragons with crafting points linked to the Tournaments are more challenging to win. I've found that the easiest way to earn points for this dragon is to work hard at winning all the tournaments put out during the month; they are tough and time-consuming, but not impossible. I usually end with 1K to 2K+ points extra for this dragon if I complete all tournaments, but because I missed the last battle of the previous tourney, finished with only 600 extra points.

Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! Every tournament is completed and every side dragon bred and leveled to the required 10! Quests completed! Actually even redo tournaments for rewards on a repeat dragon!

What do I know, I have only played this game for the past 7 plus years and have all Tournament dragons either in storage or on my Isle!

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don’t offend!

skyharbor602
11-29-18, 07:56 AM
Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! Every tournament is completed and every side dragon bred and leveled to the required 10! Quests completed! Actually even redo tournaments for rewards on a repeat dragon!

What do I know, I have only played this game for the past 7 plus years and have all Tournament dragons either in storage or on my Isle!

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don’t offend!

I completed everything but dragon tales like you and I agree, there wasn't enough points in November to be able to skip an event. For those saying there was enough, I want proof in numbers. Someone post the exact numbers to show me how skipping Tales would've still got me enough points for Drake in 25 days. The burden of proof is in your hands Storm8 and people who believed the repeated message.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 08:01 AM
<...snip...>

Funny that people have this opinion when so many so otherwise!

Did you notice that I said, "Elsa is right about our being able to get sufficient points for..."? I did not dispute the raising of the bar or the missing tournament.

The bar keeps shifting on this game, getting frustrated is all! Hope I don?t offend!

It's like you said, it's doable even though they raise the bar, unlike in another of their games where some events are REALLY no longer playable.

You're not the only one who has been playing DS since the beginning, though I am more selective when it comes to tournament dragons I fight for because I stopped competing in every new tourney when they stopped making the prize dragons exclusively champions. Also, I've been playing long enough to know how to win >80% of the battles at first try.

tromalyt
11-29-18, 08:02 AM
It seems that people who couldn't finish the dragon tales weren't able to get Drake.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 08:14 AM
I completed everything but dragon tales like you and I agree, there wasn't enough points in November to be able to skip an event. For those saying there was enough, I want proof in numbers. Someone post the exact numbers to show me how skipping Tales would've still got me enough points for Drake in 25 days. The burden of proof is in your hands Storm8 and people who believed the repeated message.

I don't think it's possible to get the dragon without completing the Tales event, maybe not fully completing every tourney but Tales, no. I missed the last battle in the previous tournament of this month and had to complete tales to get the dragon. I was left with only 600 points after crafting the dragon; actually, it was closer to 580.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 08:23 AM
Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! <...snip...>

Actually, I'm curious. How did you managed to finish with 5,000,000 extra points? :confused:

tromalyt
11-29-18, 08:24 AM
Oh, I see, from the last Dragon Tale:

Let's look at the last 3 Chapters:

Chapter 8: 730 perfect stars.
Chapter 9: 1250 perfect stars.
Chapter 10: 2090 perfect stars.

Total : 4070 perfect stars.

So, if you fail to breed Weasel, you cannot finish the last 3 chapters and you cannot get Drake. That was my case, I could not breed weasel, even when I used 2 dens and I gold-rushed some breedings and hatchings.

Edit: I also failed to get Ashfeather and Compassion. So If you fail to breed Weasel, you will miss 3 dragons.

deadpixel
11-29-18, 08:39 AM
Oh, I see, from the last Dragon Tale:

Let's look at the last 3 Chapters:

Chapter 8: 730 perfect stars.
Chapter 9: 1250 perfect stars.
Chapter 10: 2090 perfect stars.

Total : 4070 perfect stars.

So, if you fail to breed Weasel, you cannot finish the last 3 chapters and you cannot get Drake. That was my case, I could not breed weasel, even when I used 2 dens and I gold-rushed some breedings and hatchings.

Instead of using gold for speed-breeding, did you have enough gold (112) to skip the Weasel Dragon Acts entirely?

My take on these "common" dragons required for the Tales Events is that you should just try to breed them normally, maybe with boosts from Bingo if you have them, but you should just skip their Acts entirely if you cannot. Buying them would cost you 200 gold.

Rfs04
11-29-18, 12:01 PM
Instead of using gold for speed-breeding, did you have enough gold (112) to skip the Weasel Dragon Acts entirely?

My take on these "common" dragons required for the Tales Events is that you should just try to breed them normally, maybe with boosts from Bingo if you have them, but you should just skip their Acts entirely if you cannot. Buying them would cost you 200 gold.

Using gold to skip those steps is an option....but not for alot of players. Since gold is scarcer to acquire these days not everyone has a lot and I'm pretty sure they'd rather use it for better things than skipping breeding when a common should be easily breedable.

No, there are serious flaws in the games or should I say serious manipulations by S8 . It's a shame and sad and seems like there's little players can do to get it changed. Myself, unless the end dragons are super duper grand ones, I will not use gold to skip, I'd rather miss out.

On the subject of being short points for Drake, and I was in this boat too, S8 again messes with players by changing the amount of points you could possibly get. In past months a player could skip part of tales and still get the monthly dragon. Based on that, I felt I had opportunities to get points, especially when the stars stored say collect throughout Nov... So they change the rules, oh well. Actually as mentioned above, I really suspect they messed up with not doing a tourney but will never admit that. No, S8 never admits anything. Sadly.

Phoenix406
11-29-18, 01:49 PM
I *really* wanted the Drake dragon and thought I was on track to get him, but I fell way short on both accounts. I got the Scarbolt on one of my 2 accounts, but I'm not crazy about him. But at least I got him, I guess.

random59
11-30-18, 01:36 AM
Actually, I'm curious. How did you managed to finish with 5,000,000 extra points? :confused:

Okay just looked in my storage and I do believe the previous Tales which needed purple cubes or whatever they are called I All the Dragons and 7000 useless cubes that I can do nothing with and I posted 5 K as in 5,000 and you have posted 5,000,000 presume that is a typo!

I am doing this on my iPad and it sucks with screen shots so I will try with my phone! I am not trying to sound needy or whining but yeah you can?t stack a Tales with extra points and then remove an event that would have given those points and I am sure Skyharbor602 would agree!

Okay I have both dragons which the pictures won’t load and spare cubes and orbs in storage!

48942 48943 48944

ozigal
11-30-18, 10:16 PM
Same for me random59, normally have heaps left over, but this time I couldn't finish the tales and fell for the old trap that I could achieve the goals from a tournament which in this case never happened tho I was under the impression there was a dragon earmarked for a tournament.
Guess if this is the new game plan that one has to complete the Tales to reach targets of monthly dragons it won't be happening for me as trying to breed the so called Common dragon seems very elusive and harder than it should be.
Looks like I am just going to have more time to store food.,and craft those very slow keys.

deadpixel
12-01-18, 02:46 AM
Actually I normally end up with 4 - 5,000 K extra even when not completing Tales fully! <...snip...>Actually, I'm curious. How did you managed to finish with 5,000,000 extra points? :confused:

<...snip...> and I posted 5 K as in 5,000 and you have posted 5,000,000 presume that is a typo!
<...snip>

Yes, 5 K = 5,000 BUT 5,000 K = 5,000,000

But typos aside, let us all take a step back from our frustrations and anger to remember the following words:

FREE-TO-PLAY (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play)

Click on those words for a write-up on what the concept is :)