PDA

View Full Version : COMMUNITY EVENT: Flight Night - 2018 Oct 19 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 05:20 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48099

How to play?
- Earn up to 500 points by raising a Scratcher to level 10
- Hatching animals from your Nest
- Harvesting food at your Farms
- Evolving your animals
- Breeding your animals (2x Bonus from breeding during this event!)
- Obtaining the Sleepy Stone or the Tired Stone
- Digging in the Mine

Prizes
Individual Prizes:
First Prize: Sleepy Stone : 75
Second Prize: Zombee (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454299&viewfull=1#post1454299) : 450
Third Prize: Tired Stone : 1,250
Fourth Prize: Freaky Flier (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1546214&viewfull=1#post1546214) : 2,000
Fifth Prize: Dread Pegasus (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1546213&viewfull=1#post1546213) : 3,200

Community Prizes
(unlocks at 1,500 - meaning once you have collected 1,500 forgotten coins, you are eligible for community prizes.)
First Prize: Pumpkin Tower
Second Prize: Food
Third Prize: Runes

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48112

Event Boosts
Sleepy Stone - Collect 4 / 4 hrs (75 gems)
Tired Stone - Collect 16 / 4 hrs (250 gems)

Goals
Creepy Cat
Goal 1
Hatch a Scratcher (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1546215&viewfull=1#post1546215)
REWARD: 250 forgotten coins

Goal 2
Raise your Scratcher to Level 10
REWARD: 250 forgotten coins

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Phoenix406
10-19-18, 11:58 AM
I love the pegasus, but doubt that I will be able to obtain enough points to get him. *sigh* I am not a fan of the fairy. I've learned to like some of the other fairies, but I don't like the coloring on this one.

MystiqueRealm
10-19-18, 12:17 PM
You can collect from both sleepy stone 4 and tired stone 16 every 4 hours both are milestone rewards

Fairy is at 2000 pts

AuroraLava
10-19-18, 12:18 PM
I love the pegasus, but doubt that I will be able to obtain enough points to get him. *sigh* I am not a fan of the fairy. I've learned to like some of the other fairies, but I don't like the coloring on this one.

I agree with you. I am just looking at this event as a way to replenish my food and if I get something nice out of it then great. I have not made it to the final prize in a LONG time...since they changed the point system.

poofyena
10-19-18, 12:37 PM
Very disappointed the Pegasus is the final prize. I adore it but with the way S8 has treated us lately I am loathe to buy the gems I?d need to win it.
I suppose it?s a good in a way as I can sit this out and casually play while hoarding food for the next leaderboard.

MystiqueRealm
10-19-18, 01:04 PM
Dread pegasus at 3200

AuroraLava
10-19-18, 01:22 PM
Very disappointed the Pegasus is the final prize. I adore it but with the way S8 has treated us lately I am loathe to buy the gems I?d need to win it.
I suppose it?s a good in a way as I can sit this out and casually play while hoarding food for the next leaderboard.

I wish once in a while they would actually make the prize attainable without using gold. That way players won't feel let down and stop buying gold. I know I won't get it so I am not even trying.

Eluzyion
10-19-18, 01:43 PM
Dread Pegasus is 15 hours, I can't grab screenshot of the egg right now, but it's purple/pink/green swirl egg on my nest if anyone wants to screenshot it

Silverrain1
10-20-18, 02:21 AM
I really don?t like fairies. I like animals. So I won?t be playing this event.
Also, it?s really annoying that I already have the first animal prize.

cherrycastleorchard
10-20-18, 03:41 AM
I wish once in a while they would actually make the prize attainable without using gold. That way players won't feel let down and stop buying gold. I know I won't get it so I am not even trying.

Me too, impossible to get the required animal to feed as well. 20 rotweillers for the last one and I was thinking, same breeding combo here we go again, but this time it is going to be amordillo this time, 2 already. Getting really sick of this. Going to play the game without events. Never get the monthly prizes either.

silverdovex
10-20-18, 05:24 AM
I also don?t like fairies and wish they kept an animal as part of the community prizes so this will be my first time not participating in an event. Dread Pegasus is cute but out of reach for me personally

alienonacid
10-20-18, 03:25 PM
48182 Freaky Flier 8 hours. Cool egg.

MystiqueRealm
10-20-18, 05:58 PM
I do like fairies I think they fit into a fantasy forest, what I don't like is clothed animals. I like keeping it magickal/fantasy. I also don't care for ones that are too cartoonish.

LilliDee
10-20-18, 06:34 PM
I’m disappointed the community prizes are back to deco instead of a creature. And I was really, really hoping the first prize would be Eerie Owl but no a Zombee. Boring!! It’s ugly and everyone already has it. Pooh. S8 is going backwards AGAIN!

Phoenix406
10-20-18, 07:21 PM
I'm happy to get the Zombee, which I don't have. Can't please everyone I guess.

littelprince0313
10-20-18, 08:43 PM
I love the fairy and the pegasus - but no chance I can get it
I cant believe that they‘re still playing with these ridiculous numbers
There‘s NO way to get these be normal playing
Not even the 2000 points - around this should be the last price! Would be -OK- not fantastic - to not get the last price without money - but 2 out of 5 only with money is just greedy -.-

mysticalfairy320
10-21-18, 09:36 AM
Gave up on this event since summer no room to expand= animals stuck in storage what's the point....I think the designs are ok but I think last year had better halloween animals

Minimalio
10-21-18, 09:32 PM
Salve,
Qualcuno sa dirmi qual ? il primo premio della comunit?? Non sembra una creatura. ....

MystiqueRealm
10-22-18, 01:00 AM
Salve,
Qualcuno sa dirmi qual ? il primo premio della comunit?? Non sembra una creatura. ....

Il primo premio per la comunit? non ? una creatura, ? una torre di zucca. The first community prize is a pumpkin tower, no creature

Minimalio
10-22-18, 02:53 AM
Il primo premio per la comunit? non ? una creatura, ? una torre di zucca. The first community prize is a pumpkin tower, no creature
Grazie per aver dato una risposta alla mia domanda .
Che delusione,per?!!

alienonacid
10-22-18, 05:04 PM
48226Dread Pegasus 15 hours

larissa2k
10-23-18, 10:09 AM
I just got to the tired stone status and I didn?t know you could collect from it have they been giving us two items for collecting from and I didn?t notice ? Or is that new like when your doing these I thought the middle prize they gave you was just decoration.

AppieP
10-23-18, 10:37 AM
I just got to the tired stone status and I didn?t know you could collect from it have they been giving us two items for collecting from and I didn?t notice ? Or is that new like when your doing these I thought the middle prize they gave you was just decoration.
MystiqueRealm did tell us at post #3:

You can collect from both sleepy stone 4 and tired stone 16 every 4 hours both are milestone rewards

And yes this is new.

sherlock221bbaker
10-25-18, 01:58 PM

Well got the freaky flier using the tired stone but still 900 from the dread pegasus
I have previously bought an extra item such as tired stone to try to get the final prize but still been massively short

I dont know if its possible to complete it by setting alarms all night long to collect instead of sleeping but i need to actually live a life as well as play
I have two evolving chambers and 4 nests and i dont know if an extra tured stone of 16 every 4 hours which in my case would average 4 times a day would have resulted in getting the pegasus
It has failed for me previously consistently recently

So hard to be motivated to try now

What exactly are we supposed to do to get the final prize?

deadpixel
10-25-18, 02:47 PM
MystiqueRealm did tell us at post #3:

And yes this is new.

No, it isn't new. I believe it was the same in the last WE as well. Almost missed out on collecting from that one till someone mentioned it.

deadpixel
10-25-18, 02:53 PM
What exactly are we supposed to do to get the final prize?

Spend real money?

LittleLemonForest
10-25-18, 03:26 PM
Spend real money?

i remember when you used to be able to get to the last animal by evolving animals, breeding, hatching, and making sure you're planting food. now it's impossible. i don't know when they raised the amount needed, but this is ridiculous.

Phoenix406
10-25-18, 03:36 PM
@LittleLemonForest I was just lamenting this myself. I cut and pasted from my own status on another thread, so it may get deleted, but this was what I had to say about WEs. "Hands down my least favorite is the WE now that they have made the final animal impossible to get. I started playing 2 years ago this month, and at that time, WEs were fun, and you could win everything if you really tried, plus you got like 3 animals. I think my first or one of my first was a pirate one where I got a Powder Monkey, Salty Dog, and, hmmm, I can't remember what else. I remember that I had to spend 25 gems at the end to finally get the final animal, but 25 gems is a pittance. Black Bear'd was out at that time, too, but he was a tournament prize. Also, there was a spin to win associated with the WE, and so you could get extra points or something, but I just kept spinning for decorations over and over again. We no longer have a wheel with the WE, nor do we get random spin to win wheels anymore. In Dragon Story they have totally overhauled the WEs, and they are easier to complete now, so I wish they would do the same in FFS, but they don't seem to care as much about this game."

nativeelfstar
10-25-18, 04:51 PM
I am so happy I got the dread Pegasus. Only because of the side quest! Thank you S8 for making that an option!

silverdovex
10-25-18, 05:13 PM
I am so happy I got the dread Pegasus. Only because of the side quest! Thank you S8 for making that an option!

same here! this is the only time I?ve ever been able to get the 3200 prize - and the Pegasus is SO cute! thanks S8!

littelprince0313
10-25-18, 06:59 PM
same here! this is the only time I?ve ever been able to get the 3200 prize - and the Pegasus is SO cute! thanks S8!

Thats great that you got it... but you shouldnt thank them so euphoric in my opinion... its not like the side quest is sth easy to achieve... i couldnt breed the animal from the side quest since last Dec. i cant even get the 4th price but made it into the community proces - yeah on the last day -.-

And on top of that after having NO chance in winning this two awesome animals, we‘re getting a LB where I have NO chance in getting the horse :(

miadoubled
10-25-18, 07:35 PM
Really wish my side quest would work so I could have the pegasus!!

LauraGSJK
10-25-18, 07:40 PM
Sure would be nice if S8 would go back to how they used to do the World Events. We used to be able to win all the prizes as long as we stayed on top of everything. Now it would cost too much money to get the final prize. I've stopped buying gems because of all the changes. If the goals were more attainable, I would go back to buying gems.

Good luck everyone.

Phoenix406
10-25-18, 07:42 PM
Really wish my side quest would work so I could have the pegasus!!

Me, too, girlfriend. :( Why do I keep pouring money into S8? I put $140 on my iTunes account about 2 weeks ago or so, and it's gone, all to S8 except for a couple songs I bought. The $140 is supposed to last a month and allow me to buy a $34.99 gem or gold pack on each of my 4 S8 accounts, but I'm completely out of gold on my DS account. :(

LauraGSJK
10-25-18, 07:46 PM

Nope, it's not new. They've had the second item to collect from for awhile now. Good luck to you and everyone else. :)

Phoenix406
10-25-18, 08:10 PM
Sure would be nice is S8 would go back to how they used to do the World Events. We used to be able to win all the prizes as long as we stayed on top of everything. Now it would cost too much money to get the final prize. I've stopped buying gems because of all the changes. If the goals were more attainable, I would go back to buying gems.

Good luck everyone.

I've done everything I can think of to activate the side goal/task/whatever it's called, all to no avail. Proof that I installed and played the game and reached level 40. 48292 48293 48294

cherrycastleorchard
10-26-18, 12:33 AM

What side quest, did it give points, can you please explain. I would love to have the DP, but probably fall short. Refuse to buy gems until they make things fairer.

Rynetory2
10-26-18, 01:06 AM
What side quest, did it give points, can you please explain. I would love to have the DP, but probably fall short. Refuse to buy gems until they make things fairer.

A Better Home.

Rynetory2
10-26-18, 01:12 AM
1. Did you like this event?
2. Did you complete all individual prizes?
3. Did you unlock community prizes?
4. Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

jibro
10-26-18, 03:52 AM
I wish there was a gamepolice to correct Storm8 on making their games too expensive for regular players

silverdovex
10-26-18, 03:54 AM
Thats great that you got it... but you shouldnt thank them so euphoric in my opinion... its not like the side quest is sth easy to achieve... i couldnt breed the animal from the side quest since last Dec. i cant even get the 4th price but made it into the community proces - yeah on the last day -.-

Im talking about a different side quest where you get points for installing and playing their other games! see the post before this. But I agree the breeding side quest is much trickier - I also don?t have the scratcher. Without spending gems, it usually takes me ~ 6 days to reach community prizes so normally I?m pretty bummed about the 4th prize too.

though seems like the quest is not working for everyone - maybe only if you install for the first time or something like that? Hopefully S8 can fix/clarify that for people!

littelprince0313
10-26-18, 07:50 AM
Im talking about a different side quest where you get points for installing and playing their other games! see the post before this. But I agree the breeding side quest is much trickier - I also don?t have the scratcher. Without spending gems, it usually takes me ~ 6 days to reach community prizes so normally I?m pretty bummed about the 4th prize too.

though seems like the quest is not working for everyone - maybe only if you install for the first time or something like that? Hopefully S8 can fix/clarify that for people!

Ah ok I didnt know there were sidequests like that... pretty unfair that some have them and some dont. Would have loved to get the two main prizes.

Lisa0107
10-26-18, 08:12 AM

OMG I am just now seeing this side quest for 1000 tokens. just to install a game and start playing? It never showed up for me so I did not have that option. why on earth would some get the quest and not all? that makes no sense. it's beyond frustrating. this game used to be so much fun, WE's always doable to finish as long as you stayed on top of things. Now it's impossible. I don't understand why S8 does not realize that more people would spend money on gems if this game was not so expensive now. they need to go back to the way it was 2 years ago. and also....are we ever going to have a battlegounds again?

Sakrysta
10-26-18, 08:09 PM
I made it to 2000 on one account, and paid a few gems to make it on the other two. Not because I particularly liked the Freaky Flier, but I was so close that I figured I might as well.

I hate that these events depend on breeding an animal to really score enough points to earn a new creature. The way events have been going lately, I wasn't even going to try this time. But I managed to breed the Scratcher on all three accounts. Once I did that, I figured I might as well do as much as I could to earn points. If I had known that I would get the breed, I would have been trying from the very beginning, but I hate wasting resources on an event where the odds are so low when I could save them for another event where I have more control over the outcome.

I DO like that they've been awarding another token-giving decoration lately. However, earning it takes so many points that you don't get a lot of time to take advantage of it.

As a whole, these "Forest Party" events are anything BUT a party. Extremely frustrating.

cherrycastleorchard
10-26-18, 10:28 PM
I made it to 2000 on one account, and paid a few gems to make it on the other two. Not because I particularly liked the Freaky Flier, but I was so close that I figured I might as well.

I hate that these events depend on breeding an animal to really score enough points to earn a new creature. The way events have been going lately, I wasn't even going to try this time. But I managed to breed the Scratcher on all three accounts. Once I did that, I figured I might as well do as much as I could to earn points. If I had known that I would get the breed, I would have been trying from the very beginning, but I hate wasting resources on an event where the odds are so low when I could save them for another event where I have more control over the outcome.

I DO like that they've been awarding another token-giving decoration lately. However, earning it takes so many points that you don't get a lot of time to take advantage of it.

As a whole, these "Forest Party" events are anything BUT a party. Extremely frustrating.

Totally agree, very disappointing again.

deadpixel
10-26-18, 11:49 PM
Not one of my favorite events.

I got the Scratcher and it helped with the points but since I wasn't interested in the prizes, I just concentrated on food production and attempts at Crystal hybrids. Got my Valkyrie though, so that was something.

But what's up with all the fairies? I've never had a love for them; had one as a teacher in grade 6 and hated his limp wrist. Every time I see a fairy in FFS, I get reminded of him.

Penguin2016
10-27-18, 08:13 AM

Agree 100%

Penguin2016
10-27-18, 08:14 AM
OMG I am just now seeing this side quest for 1000 tokens. just to install a game and start playing? It never showed up for me so I did not have that option. why on earth would some get the quest and not all? that makes no sense. it's beyond frustrating. this game used to be so much fun, WE's always doable to finish as long as you stayed on top of things. Now it's impossible. I don't understand why S8 does not realize that more people would spend money on gems if this game was not so expensive now. they need to go back to the way it was 2 years ago. and also....are we ever going to have a battlegounds again?

I didn’t get this goal either.

deadpixel
10-27-18, 12:25 PM
I didn’t get this goal either.

Don't think too much about it. A number of players who did the side goal reported that they did not get the promised reward.

LauraGSJK
10-27-18, 01:59 PM
I wish there was a gamepolice to correct Storm8 on making their games too expensive for regular players

LOL, that would be nice.

Alohatami
10-29-18, 09:17 AM
...but since I wasn't interested in the prizes, I just concentrated on food production and attempts at Crystal hybrids. Got my Valkyrie though, so that was something...
This was me, too, though I didnt succeed on the crystal hybrid until just now during the leaderboard event (which I'm also largely ignoring). Congrats to you on the Valkyrie!

Phoenix406
10-31-18, 12:35 PM
I'm *still* waiting to hear about the points for installing the Home Design Makeover game.

Rynetory2
11-07-18, 02:12 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.