PDA

View Full Version : Adora Dinosaur Leaderboard Event - 2018 Oct 18 (POLL ADDED)

judyandthecat
10-18-18, 03:05 PM
Adora the Dinosaur iOS only. This is a Leaderboard Event.
Have fun and enjoy your event! Rynetory2 :D

Update

Meowmeowbeans has once again brought us wonderful news! :D

Adora is Delora's sister and she's a pet. She'll go in the newly renamed Exotic Enclosure (which was once called Elephant Enclosure.)

The Dinosaur Penguin in the Milestone prizes is also a pet - he'll go in the Igloo or the Haunted House, since he's a very scary boy.
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48091

Final preparations prior to event
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1248493&viewfull=1#post1248493

How to Play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595

Event Schedule
Event is live from {start date/time} to {end date/time}.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the S8 time zone.

How to earn Leaderboard Points
Buy the Peeking Dino - Collect 15 points every two hours
Craft items in the Windmill - 1+ points
Craft items in the Cider House - 1+ points
Craft items in the Dehydrator - 1+ points
Collect from your Morgan's Herb Garden - 1+points
Complete an order in the Farmer's Market - 4 points
Complete all orders in the Farmer's Market - 30+ points
Complete a Plane Delivery - 6 points
Feed and Collect from your pigs - 1 point
Win a Mystery Box - ? Points

Event Boost
Refer to Guidelines for Leaderboard Event (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88974-Farm-Story-2-Event-Guide&p=1373595#post1373595) on how event boosts work.
Peeking Dino - 125 gems

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
Your required Leaderboard points may vary according to farm levels.

High Levels: Levels 51 and above
200 points - Mystery Box
600 points - Mystery Box
1,000 points - Smashing Pumpkin
1,400 points - Mystery Box
1,800 points - Mystery Box
2,250 points - Smashing Pumpkin
2,700 points - Mystery Box
3,250 points - Mystery Box
3,800 points - Peeking Dino
4,350 points - Mystery Box
4,900 points - Mystery Box
5,450 points - Great Smashing Pumpkin
6,000 points - Mystery Box
6,500 points - Dinosaur Penguin

Mid Levels: Levels 33 to 50

Low Levels: Levels 15 to 32

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your cellar upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

Rank Prizes
1st - Adora the Dinosaur (pet), Gold Trophy
2nd - Adora the Dinosaur (pet), Silver Trophy
3rd - Bronze Trophy, Witch Tree, 10 Expansion Permits
4th to 6th - 10,000 coins, Witch Tree, 5 Expansion Permits
7th to 12th - 7,500 coins, 5 Expansion Permits

Note: Your Rank prize can be found in your cellar at the end of the event.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=48092

judyandthecat
10-18-18, 03:05 PM
Hmmm is this dinosaur a pet or a decoration?
MeowMeowBeans?

pspoiled65
10-18-18, 04:54 PM
Is the leader board event for android too? It shows I can buy something for the leader board points

Lapetshop7
10-18-18, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately it is IOS only! Unfair right, I know! IOS gets a lot that us andriod users don't get regardless if some IOS users don't like them. We still should get the opportunity to, but we get nothing special lol

Is the leader board event for android too? It shows I can buy something for the leader board points

pspoiled65
10-18-18, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately it is IOS only! Unfair right, I know! IOS gets a lot that us andriod users don't get regardless if some IOS users don't like them. We still should get the opportunity to, but we get nothing special lol

The Bush disappeared. I thought it was a mistake. I agree we should get some of the stuff they have. I still love the game though

kindefarm1890
10-18-18, 05:32 PM
No chance at the leaderboard again the event. The player in first place already has 2500 points.

draughnc
10-18-18, 06:48 PM
Just doing the milestones on the leaderboard event and calling it quits on this one. Too many of these lately and they are stressful. You can always buy your way to the top so why bother.

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 04:36 AM
Hmmm is this dinosaur a pet or a decoration?
MeowMeowBeans?

I'll check. I believe it's a pet.

judyandthecat
10-19-18, 05:48 AM
I'll check. I believe it's a pet.

Oh oh I hope so.
Thank you so much for finding out!

kittyhugs
10-19-18, 07:08 AM
The Peeking Dino for 125 gems, a couple of questions:
1) Please confirm that you can collect leaderpoints points every two hours
2) How many leaderboard points do you receive with each collection?
3) One Peking Dino has on limited collections during the event
Thanks for your assistance.

judyandthecat
10-19-18, 08:08 AM
The Peeking Dino for 125 gems, a couple of questions:
1) Please confirm that you can collect leaderpoints points every two hours
2) How many leaderboard points do you receive with each collection?
3) One Peking Dino has on limited collections during the event
Thanks for your assistance.

You collect 15 leaderboard points every two hours and the storm team is also giving the Peeking Dino as a milestone prize. Like what a fantastic prize. It is also available to buy in the market.

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 09:30 AM
Update

Adora is Delora's sister and she's a pet. She'll go in the newly renamed Exotic Enclosure (which was once called Elephant Enclosure.)

The Dinosaur Penguin in the Milestone prizes is also a pet - he'll go in the Igloo or the Haunted House, since he's a very scary boy.

ankavale1000
10-19-18, 11:29 AM
Update

THANK YOU!
I will try for the Milestone prize, the Dino Penguin pet. It's a very generous final milestone prize compared to others before.
I was going for the Great Smash, but 6500 it is.

PookieBear50
10-19-18, 01:34 PM
Sigh...I wonder, is it worth it? I've been doing my best to save up gems so I can finally buy a Show Pony, but now there's the Scaredy Pig (20 gems) which looks like it will be a nice decoration, even if I never actually use it for its intended purpose, and similarly the Peeking Dinosaur (125 gems), as long as it remains somewhat active after the event. While I might be able to win one from the Milestones, there is no guarantee I will get that high (though I will do my best). So, is it worth it to sacrifice almost 150 gems?

judyandthecat
10-19-18, 01:58 PM
Sigh...I wonder, is it worth it? I've been doing my best to save up gems so I can finally buy a Show Pony, but now there's the Scaredy Pig (20 gems) which looks like it will be a nice decoration, even if I never actually use it for its intended purpose, and similarly the Peeking Dinosaur (125 gems), as long as it remains somewhat active after the event. While I might be able to win one from the Milestones, there is no guarantee I will get that high (though I will do my best). So, is it worth it to sacrifice almost 150 gems?

Black Friday and cyber Monday are coming.
Show ponies will likely I am hoping be on sale for 1000 gems.
So it is really hard not to do something silly.
Sure is a cute scaredy Pig ;)

PookieBear50
10-19-18, 02:33 PM
Black Friday and cyber Monday are coming.
Show ponies will likely I am hoping be on sale for 1000 gems.
So it is really hard not to do something silly.
Sure is a cute scaredy Pig ;)

Unfortunately, I am nowhere close to being ready for Black Friday or Cyber Monday :(

ankavale1000
10-19-18, 02:40 PM

Hi, I think u should try to aim for the milestone Peeking Dino at 3800 points. It sounds like a lot. We have a bit over 12 days left on counter. I'm going to use 10 days for easy math. That would be 380 per day. I don't know how often u can play. Consider below:
Collect pigs 5 times -- 36 per collection x 5 = 180 points
20 deliveries daily -- 6 each x 20 = 120 points
Dehydrator banana for example -- 2 points each (2hrs per) x 12 (making nonstop) = 24 points
Cider house crafts (I do pear juice) 3.5 each x 6 = 21 points
Morgans Botanical Garden -- 8 x 4 collection = 32
The above yields 377 points

Each item in truck gives 4 points, if u can't fill it.

Just trying to help. Show pony is the best investment.

PookieBear50
10-19-18, 02:56 PM
Hi, I think u should try to aim for the milestone Peeking Dino at 3800 points. It sounds like a lot. We have a bit over 12 days left on counter. I'm going to use 10 days for easy math. That would be 380 per day. I don't know how often u can play. Consider below:
Dehydrator banana for example -- 2 points each (2hrs per) x 12 (making nonstop) = 24 points

Thanks for the advice. I'll try my best, but I honestly have my doubts about how successful I will be.

orleansparish
10-19-18, 04:56 PM
Since I’ve learned the cute penguin dino is a pet I’ll try hard for this one.

I’m in second place with about 487 points. Seems to be a mellow group I’ve got, but we’ll see. I usually do well on these events on dragon because I have gold to use.

Here, not so much. I’ve won once and didn’t care enough to finish again. The prizes are TOO cute!

orleansparish
10-19-18, 04:58 PM

I need 6500 for my penguin. I WISH mines was that low. Good luck! He’s a cutie.

Fairyreserve
10-20-18, 08:13 AM

I just wanna pipe in and say a year ago, androids couldn't even play most events, period. Now we get every non Leaderboard event. I think the stormtroopers are trying to open stufff up to us. The fact that we get events is huge. Person ally, I'd rather get to store pets than get Leaderboard events. That said, good luck iOS neighbors!

NElove6
10-25-18, 03:44 AM
I won the dinosaur penguin when I reached 6500 points but it is not in my cellar😢😢.

Rynetory2
10-25-18, 07:24 AM
I won the dinosaur penguin when I reached 6500 points but it is not in my cellar����.

I restarted my game and waited a while before I got it in my cellar. Congrats on getting your penguin. It's very adorable. :)

dugambon
10-25-18, 11:55 AM
I had the same problem, but found penguin in my cellar after rebooting. Maybe you could try that.
Moved your post to the Adora Leaderboard event thread. Please see my reply there.

orleansparish
10-26-18, 08:38 AM
I hope I’m able to pick up soon to get to the penguin. I’m ahead by almost 800 points but the Dino won’t matter if that adorable penguin isn’t laying there waiting to be fed too!

Blondiegirlhi
10-28-18, 05:06 PM
Can someone tell me how people can get to 53,000 points on the leaderboard event? In my group, both 1st and 2nd place both have 53,000 points. If I played this game non-stop and used a boost continually, I still don’t see how I could possibly have that many points. Even if you buy points, you would still have to buy a lot of them. These two were high up in points way before the option to purchase any points was available. Maybe I’m missing something??

Blondiegirlhi
10-28-18, 09:41 PM
I’m not complaining, just curious what I’m missing in playing the leaderboard. If anyone has any suggestions on how you can progress faster, please let me know. Thanks ��

Rynetory2
10-29-18, 06:44 AM
Can someone tell me how people can get to 53,000 points on the leaderboard event? In my group, both 1st and 2nd place both have 53,000 points. If I played this game non-stop and used a boost continually, I still don’t see how I could possibly have that many points. Even if you buy points, you would still have to buy a lot of them. These two were high up in points way before the option to purchase any points was available. Maybe I’m missing something??

They can get lots of points from buying the LTO that is on sale now.

I’m not complaining, just curious what I’m missing in playing the leaderboard. If anyone has any suggestions on how you can progress faster, please let me know. Thanks ��

See Tips and Notes under Guidelines, link in Post 1.

ankavale1000
10-31-18, 07:35 PM
Could the Team put Adora on sale for us players that never had a chance to bring her home? Please? Pretty please with peaches n cream on top! I really really want her on my farm. Thank u.

Rynetory2
11-01-18, 01:37 AM
Could the Team put Adora on sale for us players that never had a chance to bring her home? Please? Pretty please with peaches n cream on top! I really really want her on my farm. Thank u.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get her. I will submit a request for this.

Rynetory2
11-01-18, 01:40 AM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

Rynetory2
11-01-18, 01:43 AM
The designers once again outdid themselves! Kudos to them! The Peeking Dino was a brilliant surprise as I thought it was just a tree. The Dinosaur Penguin and Adora were amazingly superbly adorable! :D:D The prizes in this event are most probably one of the best of all events.

menps1
11-01-18, 02:31 AM
Hi, may I ask what is LTO that gives point in leaderboard? I seem missing on this . Thanks!

Rynetory2
11-01-18, 03:03 AM
Hi, may I ask what is LTO that gives point in leaderboard? I seem missing on this . Thanks!

There was a limited time offer package that gave papers, parts and leaderboard points.

bubaxx
11-01-18, 04:37 AM
So stressful event as expected. But I won first place again. The prizes are amazing! And I love Adora. She is truly ADORAble. 💜

natwilljamez
11-01-18, 05:19 PM
I cannot buy a home for adora the dinosaur which I won in the leaderboard event. The market is saying I have reached my limit. This is because I have the same home for my elephants. I need this sorted so I can bring Adora out of storage to my farm. I worked very hard to win her

Rynetory2
11-01-18, 06:28 PM
I cannot buy a home for adora the dinosaur which I won in the leaderboard event. The market is saying I have reached my limit. This is because I have the same home for my elephants. I need this sorted so I can bring Adora out of storage to my farm. I worked very hard to win her

See my reply to your pm, sent before you posted this. Thanks.

RoyalBlue305
11-03-18, 07:38 AM
Leaderboards are extremely difficult but very rewarding if you win. On my main farm I started late and could never catch up beyond third place. I played hard but only achieved 5th place in the end. But I got the Peeking Dinosaur and Purple Penguin which were awesome! Fantastic prizes. On my baby farm where competition is less because of lower level players, I was able to get 2nd place and get the wonderful Adora! While I would have preferred to have her on my main farm, I am grateful to have her!

This event was VERY demanding and equally frustrating, but super good prizes and definitely one of my fav events of the year! Thank you S8 for this event. Great job guys!!

Lilliepaddd
11-07-18, 05:49 PM
I have to just say thanks so much for all the fun things aside from the dinosaur. (which I finally got 1st place!) I love collecting from the bat tree and the other tree which gives treats. I normally dislike leaderboards and luck based events but it was finally good for me and the graphics for new prizes were awesome! Sorry this is late but wanted to share my appreciation...I'm not always happy with this game but Thanks!!!

Lozziemj
11-08-18, 12:43 AM
I loved the event until the end. I worked very hard and spent a fortune (close to 2,000 gems) and bought LTO?s all to maintain my 2nd place position. On the final day as I had to get kids ready for Halloween, I kept logging in to be sure no one was near passing me. I had a comfortable lead. I still bought a few boosts just to be safe. I checked moments before the event was to end and was still well ahead in second place. Imagine my surprise when the event ended and I discovered someone HAD passed me up and I lost. An obvious glitch showing inaccurate points throughout the game. I was heartsick after how much money I spent and time wasted. I quit the game for more than a week as I don?t want to feel that again. It really upset me. I logged back on tonight because I miss the game but I can?t justify spending what little hard earned money I have just to be so disappointed. Up until the end I loved the event and was so happy to earn that adorable Dino. Crash and burn. 😞

Rynetory2
11-11-18, 02:14 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.