PDA

View Full Version : Is Dark worthy of being included to ADIPS

random59
10-16-18, 02:35 AM
The jury is out but I won 2 significant battles with Dark in the last tournament!

Since then I have battled in the Arena as normal and used Dark on 4 occasions and won against

10 Fireflower, 12 Cupcake, 14 Avatar and 11 Athletic!

So, has anyone else been testing Dark and what are your findings?

ksbmommy
10-16-18, 03:39 AM
The jury is out but I won 2 significant battles with Dark in the last tournament!

Since then I have battled in the Arena as normal and used Dark on 4 occasions and won against

10 Fireflower, 12 Cupcake, 14 Avatar and 11 Athletic!

So, has anyone else been testing Dark and what are your findings?

Mine is a 10 right now, I’ll try and remember to use him for a while during regular battles and see how he does. I’ll report back.

Phoenix406
10-16-18, 02:24 PM
I don't pay that much attention to who wins against what, but I have used Dark and had good luck. I just didn't keep track of what he was good against. Sorry!

skyharbor602
10-18-18, 09:24 PM
Even though I've beaten many champs with Dark in the last tournament, I say the jury's still out on that one.

amerirish
10-19-18, 12:38 PM
Please remind me what ADIPS stands for...thanks :)

skyharbor602
10-19-18, 01:32 PM
Please remind me what ADIPS stands for...thanks :)

Achilles, Diamond, Infinity, Passion, Soccer

Phoenix406
10-19-18, 02:08 PM

Oh, I thought that was SPIDA.

Nuicakes
10-19-18, 03:15 PM
My level 13 Dark has yet to win in or out of tournaments but I've only used him about 6 times.

Meanwhile, my Achilles, Diamond, Passion and Infinty win at least 50% of their battles.

Athabasca55
10-19-18, 04:49 PM
My level 13 Dark has yet to win in or out of tournaments but I've only used him about 6 times.

Meanwhile, my Achilles, Diamond, Passion and Infinty win at least 50% of their battles.

Mine too. I find the Diamond and Diamond hybrid dragons win most consistently against champions.

Valkyrie2018
10-19-18, 05:10 PM

Does this represent a list of Dragon that beat Champions? Thanks

skyharbor602
10-19-18, 06:10 PM
Does this represent a list of Dragon that beat Champions? Thanks

Supposed to be. They work on most islands but not on others.

Nuicakes
10-20-18, 09:27 AM

In Tournament:
Angelfire 19 - Dark 13 lost twice. (won with Fire 15)
Dread Captain 16 - Dark 13 loss. (won with Diamond 15)
Skeletal Knight 17 - Dark 13 loss. (won with Novadream 14)

I don't have records for battles outside of tournaments. For my island I haven't seen that Dark warrants feeding to level 15. (Fwiw, my Metal 15 is also disappointing).

just lost again: Skeletal Knight 12

lmmortaI1
10-22-18, 09:56 AM
Why Achilles? Isn't he a hybrid?

freesiawoods
10-25-18, 04:45 PM
Oh, I have not been keeping up. So Metal and Olympus are not in the list?

skyharbor602
10-25-18, 05:27 PM
Oh, I have not been keeping up. So Metal and Olympus are not in the list?

Metal is a 2nd tier dragon that has like a 15% chance against pure champions. I would actually consider Dark to be at the level of Metal but not enough for ADIPS.
Olympus, on the other hand, has a 10% chance against champs like all the other dragons.

FieldsLikeB
10-26-18, 04:41 PM
Metal is a 2nd tier dragon that has like a 15% chance against pure champions. I would actually consider Dark to be at the level of Metal but not enough for ADIPS.
Olympus, on the other hand, has a 10% chance against champs like all the other dragons.

I agree with Sky harbor however, Dark did Beat Highlander while Passion healed.

zzGoldmine2
10-28-18, 05:42 PM
If they haven't already, I suspect S8 will neuter Dark like they did with Pyramid. ADIPS has legendary historical status so they won't touch that. Passion's effectiveness was likely a slip up since so few people actually managed to breed it during the limited time it was available originally. If you managed to breed it when it first came out, then you probably deserved the extra benefit. Dark is too easy to get (I have two) so giving an ADIPS level dragon out to every player in the game would make the Tournaments too easy

skyharbor602
10-28-18, 07:50 PM
If they haven't already, I suspect S8 will neuter Dark like they did with Pyramid. ADIPS has legendary historical status so they won't touch that. Passion's effectiveness was likely a slip up since so few people actually managed to breed it during the limited time it was available originally. If you managed to breed it when it first came out, then you probably deserved the extra benefit. Dark is too easy to get (I have two) so giving an ADIPS level dragon out to every player in the game would make the Tournaments too easy

Pyramid was a legendary ADIPPS dragon but it was neutered because people claimed they couldn't find the habitat during a leaderboard so yellow was added. I doubt they'll neuter Dark because the habitat was available to buy with coins unlike the pyramid habitat and I don't think they'd want another public relations disaster like the one with Pyramid, Skeleking and Skelequeen.