PDA

View Full Version : October Dragon Habitats

Mostreal
10-12-18, 05:11 AM
I am thinking of getting one of the habitats for sale in October but am not sure which ones they are/will be! I missed the first one due to waiting for a gold sale to buy gold and now I'm a bit iffy about the second one. I didn't see the ad pop up on my game in a bit so I haven't been able to look at the silouettes and try to decipher. Anyone have any idea?

lmmortaI1
10-12-18, 04:03 PM
These habitats are a awesome idea, I just don't think they piece together correctly to make a really big looking habitat. At least not like the ones in ffs, those went together perfectly. I was very disappointed with the seasonal habitats. Only 2 look like they kinda piece together and then one item from the 2 others. Since then no more of these piece together habs for me since they can't make them look right for us dragon lovers

random59
10-12-18, 04:25 PM
Not at all happy that these are costing 300 gold when we were getting habitats that held 5 dragons for 250 gold!

lmmortaI1
10-19-18, 12:45 PM
I don't understand aren't these habitats supposed to go together to look like an even bigger habitat? A neighbor has 3 of them and is mad and I see why. There's also a big space, they don't join up together. Is one of the 2 new ones supposed to be 3rd or 3rd and 4th. I just don't understand if people can't tell they go together or what goes where why even bother. Like I said I love this idea though. Please fix and make look better because as of right now it's very shotty and for 300 gold Oh no

AinoDK
10-19-18, 02:14 PM
So many habitats on sale, and quite a few of them says an upgrade is available, but not how much the upgrade costs, and how many dragons it will then hold. Does anyone know whether it is currently possible to get a 5-dragon habitats for a total under 300 gold?

Rfs04
10-19-18, 02:29 PM
I can't say how many dragons the upgrades give you....it would be nice if they at the very least put it on the popup that shows the cost of upgrade. But I have one of the 4 drgn habitats and upgrade costs 100 gold. I also have the haunted house that holds 3 and that upgrade is 300 gold. So pricey to buy then upgrade....unless they will hold more than 5 but I'm guessing that's not the case.

AnnirasSweets
10-19-18, 03:38 PM
So many habitats on sale, and quite a few of them says an upgrade is available, but not how much the upgrade costs, and how many dragons it will then hold. Does anyone know whether it is currently possible to get a 5-dragon habitats for a total under 300 gold?

I have a few that are now upgradable and they want another 100 gold to go from the original 4 dragon to 5 dragon limit.

mylord7
10-19-18, 07:05 PM
I can't say how many dragons the upgrades give you....it would be nice if they at the very least put it on the popup that shows the cost of upgrade. But I have one of the 4 drgn habitats and upgrade costs 100 gold. I also have the haunted house that holds 3 and that upgrade is 300 gold. So pricey to buy then upgrade....unless they will hold more than 5 but I'm guessing that's not the case.
No, they hold 5 dragons after the upgrade, both the type of the habitas.
By the way, if 1 more dragon space costs 100 Gold, I don't seem to understand why the 2 dragon spaces cost 300 Gold instead of 200 Gold! :confused:

AnnirasSweets
10-19-18, 07:27 PM
By the way, if 1 more dragon space costs 100 Gold, I don't seem to understand why the 2 dragon spaces cost 300 Gold instead of 200 Gold! :confused:

I was wondering the same thing myself. I thought perhaps I misread or misunderstood the first time I read that...

I guess this must be how math works on planet s8, lol.

gauhar1988
10-19-18, 11:29 PM
Hi Storm8! Why pieces of Spooky habitat are don't connect like this shown on the image. First habitat is moving right. Ugly =(

AinoDK
10-19-18, 11:56 PM
Thanks for your answers. So the least expensive options are those from the October set at 300 each, or the Fiend Pit for coins and then upgrading it from 2 to 5 for 300. Hmmm.

My policy has for a while been 5 dragon habitats only, but for max 250. I still remember the happy days when for a short while we could get the Fairy Crossroad for 75 gold. Half my island is covered by these.

glenngenius
10-20-18, 01:27 AM
Does anyone know how much was the Creepy Crypt on sale when it was first released?

Also, what is the third new habitat released this month? Thanks! :)

AnnirasSweets
10-20-18, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know how much was the Creepy Crypt on sale when it was first released?

I bought it for 300 gold when they put it out earlier this month. The Habitats for this month (that are meant to fit together) have been: Creepy Crypt, Terror Town and Dragon Hollow .

While I usually have a rule of not spending more than 250, I've got a real weakness for Halloween. I've had open spots for over a month in my Halloween section of my island, in anticipation of this Halloween sale so I splurged a little. I told myself I couldn't purchase anything else until I sat down and made sure I was buying smart...but still, my finger is super itchy and I want to buy all these spooky pieces. Halloween is my weakness!

mylord7
10-20-18, 04:04 PM

I bought it for 300 gold when they put it out earlier this month. The Habitats for this month (that are meant to fit together) have been: Creepy Crypt, Terror Town and Dragon Hollow .

While I usually have a rule of not spending more than 250, I've got a real weakness for Halloween. I've had open spots for over a month in my Halloween section of my island, in anticipation of this Halloween sale so I splurged a little. I told myself I couldn't purchase anything else until I sat down and made sure I was buying smart...but still, my finger is super itchy and I want to buy all these spooky pieces. Halloween is my weakness!
Yes, I confirm that the Creepy Crypt costed 300 Gold when it was first released 2 weeks ago.
As for the habitats of the month, the Halloween Homes, I am totally confused.
According to the promo picture of the Halloween Homes, that I attach here, the third habitat is the Demon Fields and not the Dragon Hollow.
Dragon Hollow seems to be a new extra Halloween themed habitat that has nothing to do with the 4 habitats of the month.

AnnirasSweets
10-20-18, 05:44 PM
Yes, I confirm that the Creepy Crypt costed 300 Gold when it was first released 2 weeks ago.
According to the promo picture of the Halloween Homes, that I attach here, the third habitat is the Demon Fields and not the Dragon Hollow.
Dragon Hollow seems to be a new extra Halloween themed habitat that has nothing to do with the 4 habitats of the month.

Thanks for pointing that out. It seems while I was looking at image of the correct habitat in my market, I wrote the name of a nearby habitat instead. It's been one of those days....

glenngenius
10-20-18, 11:03 PM

Thank yoy, AnnirasSweets and mylord7! I missed the first two, so I'm not sure if they'll come back before the month ends or what. :) I'm considering of buying them, but I'm not sure if they're really connected to each other or have gaps again. (-_-)

mylord7
10-21-18, 05:28 AM
Thank yoy, AnnirasSweets and mylord7! I missed the first two, so I'm not sure if they'll come back before the month ends or what. :) I'm considering of buying them, but I'm not sure if they're really connected to each other or have gaps again. (-_-)
Unfortunately, according to the posts on that (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106363-October-Dragon-Habitats) topic, the Halloween Homes have gaps, as all the the previous habitats of the month.
It seems that there is something in the coding of thi specific game (Dragon Story) and they can't make them without the gaps, because in Fantasy Forest Story the same idea works fine!

lmmortaI1
10-21-18, 11:12 AM
Well now that the 3rd habitat picture is out there is a small gap but nothing like when actually put together. I don't understand every habitat in this game is right on top of each other with no gap except for the habitats that need to be right next to each other. People just spent 900 gold on this. Please fix. They are supposed to be one big looking habitat. Don't you guys place these things and check them to make sure?

Maybe try and fix the others as well

Rfs04
10-21-18, 02:34 PM

If I remember correctly, haunted house was a prize way back when they still gave us habitats. So while it might have cost 300, a lot of us got it free and I'd guess S8 can't allow such stuff anymore . So in effect you're paying more now to expand it for them to recoup some of what they gave away free before.. that's my spin on that price and if you don't have the hab n buy it, that's too much gold.

lmmortaI1
10-22-18, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately, according to the posts on that (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106363-October-Dragon-Habitats) topic, the Halloween Homes have gaps, as all the the previous habitats of the month.
It seems that there is something in the coding of thi specific game (Dragon Story) and they can't make them without the gaps, because in Fantasy Forest Story the same idea works fine!

I don't think it has to do with coding or dragon story specific . I would think the habitats would be an image and whoever is doing these doesn't know how to make them like whoever did for Ffs. I would think if they made 1 big habitat then split it up it would work properly. I really hope someone fixes this because it's quite pathetic and people spent alot on these

Phoenix406
10-22-18, 10:59 PM
Actually, we're having gap issues in FFS, also.

I don't really want a habitat named "Demon Fields." 😕 I wish Dragon Hollow was part of the quad instead.

gauhar1988
10-23-18, 05:30 AM
Who knows, when October Sales ends? Thank you in advance for answer!=)

lmmortaI1
10-23-18, 12:46 PM
Actually, we're having gap issues in FFS, also.

I don't really want a habitat named "Demon Fields." 😕 I wish Dragon Hollow was part of the quad instead.

There didn't used to be gap issues in ffs. They used to look awesome. You couldn't even see a seam. They looked like 1 giant habitat. I really hope they fix these because it's not right. The gap is massive and there should not be any

lmmortaI1
10-26-18, 10:39 AM
Storm 8 is are these habitats gaps going to be fixed?

deadpixel
10-27-18, 12:04 AM

No it does not!! :mad:

I bought a set of Space-themed habitats because they looked soooo cooool in their promotional pop-ups, all fused together like the surface of a planet, but when you laid them down in your forest, the gaps between the habitats were so horribly glaring; GREEN lines showing through PURPLE tiles :mad: :mad: mad:

This was what we were promised...

https://image.ibb.co/dVyw8U/Space-Habitat-Sale.jpg

This was what we got...

https://image.ibb.co/hyA3Ue/2-D71-F030-5-BA3-4-D3-D-81-BD-969-AB314-A782.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bwToOp/angry-emoji.png

And there's really no excuse they can make BECAUSE they had two other sets of quad-habitats that were perfect from day one. The set for the Zodiac creatures and the one for the Birthstone Ponies.

So when they say it can't be done for the habitats in DS, all I smell is the fragrant air from cow ranch.

gauhar1988
10-27-18, 05:51 AM
:blue:

mylord7
10-27-18, 07:36 AM
I stopped buying habitats anymore, unless they fix the gap issue!
They overcharge them (300 Gold) and finally they don't give us what they promise!
What a developing fail!
All the above pictures are horrible! :(

lmmortaI1
10-27-18, 11:11 AM
Maybe if they made the entire quad as 1 big habitat then just cut into 4s we would not have this problem. It definitely looks better in the pop-up picture but if you look hard there is still cracks and things are off. The original zodiac and gemstone quad habitats in ffs were perfect and amazing and looks like they were made all together and them just devided into 4.

deadpixel
10-27-18, 12:49 PM
Maybe if they made the entire quad as 1 big habitat then just cut into 4s we would not have this problem. It definitely looks better in the pop-up picture but if you look hard there is still cracks and things are off. The original zodiac and gemstone quad habitats in ffs were perfect and amazing and looks like they were made all together and them just devided into 4.

Yep! That's why I refuse to accept the excuse they are giving us about why there are gaps in these supposedly designed-for-quad habitats.

lmmortaI1
10-27-18, 03:32 PM
Yep! That's why I refuse to accept the excuse they are giving us about why there are gaps in these supposedly designed-for-quad habitats.

What excuse? I haven't seen them respond at all, as usual. The problem is everyone paid a steep price due to false advertising basically. I really hope they fix and make this right. Make them as 1 image in the dimensions of 4 slots and divide into 4s. Then make is so in the game. It's not that hard to fix

lmmortaI1
10-30-18, 09:51 AM
Hello storm 8? Are you guys fixing these horrible looking quad habitats? Just look at the pictures. I can't believe you guys didn't place and test these. They look terrible. When you go to move one of these the habitat doesn't even fit the slot dimensions. Every other habitat is literally on top of the next except the ones that are supposed to be. What's up, you guys are just going to put this work out and then ignore everyone who payed good money for horrible work? I appreciate the 5 dragon habitats and habitats upgrades but I swear you guys can't do anything good without making something negative to go along with it or for people to complain about

lmmortaI1
11-06-18, 01:36 PM
Still no response to this getting fixed, what is up? No there is new quad habitats? Who will keep buying these when they don't go together properly and no comment back on fixing them?

lmmortaI1
11-21-18, 01:49 PM
When are these going to be fixed? I noticed the habitats are actually on the outside the 4x4 squares. They need to just be moved to the inside of the 4x4 and they'll probably be ok. The bottom right habitat is actually off by an entire 4x1 row moving to the outside.

Phaedrakiki
12-03-18, 04:59 PM
Still no word on these, huh? I bought some, and then more feeling certain they'd fix them. Now, not so certain...

I need some Christmas/holiday habitats for the new dragons, and it would be lovely to be able to buy the pretty group of them. But not if it's just more of the same, misaligned edges. What's going on with this problem???