PDA

View Full Version : LEADERBOARD: Brittle Bones - 2018 Oct 12 (POLL ADDED)

Rynetory2
10-11-18, 07:36 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47852

Event Schedule
Event is live from Oct 12 at 11:30am PT.
You can use this Time Zone Converter (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the Storm8 time zone.

How to play?
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?101491-Fantasy-Forest-Main-Guide&p=1463689&viewfull=1#post1463689

Event Boost
Grabvine - collect 20 points / 2.5 hrs (175 gems)
Scarevine - collect 60 points / 2.5 hrs (375 gems)

Event Prizes
Milestone Prizes
50 points - Mystery box
350 points - Autumn Equifox (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453391&viewfull=1#post1453391)
650 points - Mystery box
1,100 points - Scaredy Cat (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1454140&viewfull=1#post1454140)
1,500 points - Mystery box
2,200 points - Goblin Gobbler (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453851&viewfull=1#post1453851)
3,800 points - Mystery box
4,200 points - Haunted Hollow (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?104633-Fantasy-Forest-Habitats-Guide&p=1516433&viewfull=1#post1516433)
4,800 points - Mystery box
5,400 points - Jackal-Lantern (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Creatures-Guide&p=1453900&viewfull=1#post1453900)
6,000 points - Skeledeer (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1545063&viewfull=1#post1545063)

Note: Your milestone prizes can be found in your storage upon acquiring the required Leaderboard points.

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47856

Rank Prizes
1st - Fellsteed (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1545052&viewfull=1#post1545052), Gold trophy
2nd - Fellsteed (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?100805-Fantasy-Forest-Creatures-Guide&p=1545052&viewfull=1#post1545052), Silver trophy
3rd - Bronze trophy, 25,000 food, 20 runes
4th to 6th - 35,000 coins, 20,000 food, 10 runes
7th to 12th - 25,000 coins, 15,000 food
13th to 20th - 10,000 coins

Note: Your Rank prizes can be found in your storage at the end of the event.

Goals
Fall In Line
Goal 1:
Hatch an Autumn Equifox
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 2:
Raise your Autumn Equifox to level 3
REWARD: 300 leaderboard points

Goal 3:
Raise your Autumn Equifox to level 12
REWARD: 400 leaderboard points

Have fun and enjoy your event! :D

Phoenix406
10-11-18, 03:01 PM

It appears that a new leaderboard will begin tomorrow.

alienonacid
10-12-18, 12:20 PM
:mad:

oficeandfire
10-12-18, 12:48 PM
I agree I really like these animals!!

Sakrysta
10-12-18, 01:11 PM
Yay! A Halloween animal!

Also, because of the fiasco with the last Leaderboard, as soon as I knew that there were milestone animals that I already had on some of my accounts, I force closed and re-opened my app immediately after logging in to each account. When I first logged in, I could see behind the first pop-up that the Leaderboard icon hadn't loaded yet. By force closing & re-opening, it seems to have made the game load the Leaderboard before all the goals.

Hope this helps some of you who had the same problem I did last time.

paulmiddle
10-12-18, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately for me I haven’t got the points for the animals I already have. You would have thought it would have been corrected given the problems last time. I am disillusioned ��

JanineQuinty
10-12-18, 03:06 PM
I already had the first 3 animals. I don?t understand how anyone got more than 8000 points in 3,5 hours.....I never saw that many points in a few hours.

Latoyab211
10-12-18, 03:38 PM
I already had the first 3 animals. I don?t understand how anyone got more than 8000 points in 3,5 hours.....I never saw that many points in a few hours.
Someone had 1800 points in the first hour; followed closely by 4 more high scores to my mere 240 points. No prize animal for me. I do like and don't have any of the milestone animals.

deadpixel
10-12-18, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately for me I haven’t got the points for the animals I already have. You would have thought it would have been corrected given the problems last time. I am disillusioned ��

I'm sorry to hear that; you might want to try submitting a ticket to support describing what happened and see if they would help this time around. They chose not to assist in the last LB event :mad:

deadpixel
10-12-18, 03:53 PM
Yay! A Halloween animal!

Also, because of the fiasco with the last Leaderboard, as soon as I knew that there were milestone animals that I already had on some of my accounts, I force closed and re-opened my app immediately after logging in to each account. When I first logged in, I could see behind the first pop-up that the Leaderboard icon hadn't loaded yet. By force closing & re-opening, it seems to have made the game load the Leaderboard before all the goals.

Hope this helps some of you who had the same problem I did last time.

Good on you!

I too was watching out for the LB icon, and since it appeared this time around when the first pop-up appeared, I quickly activated a boost and am now at 4,000 points; I had 20-something hour eggs on the nests and similar creatures breeding in the den and evolving in the chambers waiting for the start of this event thanks to the fact that my lack of expansion space forced me to quit the earlier event a couple of days ahead.

Sold all of them as soon as they hatched (~|~)

Will probably be able to play this event since I don't have to put any animals in habitats.

deadpixel
10-12-18, 04:01 PM
Someone had 1800 points in the first hour; followed closely by 4 more high scores to my mere 240 points. No prize animal for me. I do like and don't have any of the milestone animals.

If you had previously gotten the Autumn Equifox (from a past event) you would rack up the points the moment the event went live. So those you saw in your group with the 1,000+ points are likely to be long-time players.

deadpixel
10-12-18, 04:09 PM
If you saw a flurry of pop-ups flash on and off your FFS game screen when you started it up today but later found that you had zero or very few points on your leaderboard, you might want to read this thread (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?106087-Glimmer-Gates-Missing-Leaderboard-Points) in the Bugs & Issues Forum about the same incident in the previous LB event.

Eluzyion
10-12-18, 06:16 PM
I see no good reason to force us to hatch each milestone animal! Getting to the milestone should be enough. We are already screaming for room and it's well known most are land locked, so what's the purpose of forcing hatching? I had these animals in storage to begin with due to space issues.. Except for skeledeer, but it should be my choice what to hatch especially when I have NO room and need what little space I can make for breeding SB necessary animals. S8 give us a break! Geez! /rant

Eluzyion
10-12-18, 06:18 PM

I got 9954 in 30 mins.. Easy if you choose to use gems ;) actually the only way to get that high in a short time is gems lol but good luck!

Latoyab211
10-12-18, 07:11 PM
If you had previously gotten the Autumn Equifox (from a past event) you would rack up the points the moment the event went live. So those you saw in your group with the 1,000+ points are likely to be long-time players.
Thank you! I got lucky 2 Leaderboards ago & had the first three animals; which did help me to win the prize animal. This one is so nice��

Latoyab211
10-12-18, 07:53 PM
Thank you! I got lucky 2 Leaderboards ago & had the first three animals; which did help me to win the prize animal. This one is so nice

cherrycastleorchard
10-12-18, 10:29 PM
Did not have a chance as soon as I opened my game pop ups came one after the other, stop using old animals or let us at least click on the leaderboard first. This game gets more annoying as each week passes.

cherrycastleorchard
10-12-18, 11:17 PM

My group leader is also over 8000 points, the only way is boosting and spending. The prizes are not that attractive in my opinion.

deadpixel
10-12-18, 11:38 PM

It appears that a new leaderboard will begin tomorrow.

I’ll probably play this event through since I won't need to place any of the creatures in my overcrowded forest.

BTW Phoenix, your inbox is full. Can't send a PM to you :)

paulmiddle
10-12-18, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the advice deadpixel I have sent in a message to support as the issue is still not resolved and is unfair if some people are unable to get the points and others can.

MystiqueRealm
10-13-18, 01:22 AM
The issue with getting milestone popups before the lb icon loads has happened since the change of the first milestone being a past animal most have instead of a deco we didn't have or even an animal we don't have in first spot would fix it. If you have already placed the first milestone offered you get popups from the game reading you accomplished the side goal before the actual lb loads thus losing all the points you should get from the milestone. When something we don't have is first we actually have to reach the milestone so plenty of time for lb to start before we begin breeding etc for milestones. It was a change in the game that doesn't work. If they keep milestones the same offering past animals, then side goals should be set to trigger after lb is tapped.

Last lb I lost points due to this.. this lb I hadn't placed autumn equifox so it didn't happen to me. Proof it happens to those that already have first milestone

JustKay
10-13-18, 02:48 PM
I know most people don't care about trophies, but the third place trophy actually looks pretty bad-ass! I almost want to win third place. That's strange since normally the first place trophy has the most detail and the quality goes down for silver and then again for bronze. Here it seems like they've reversed that. I think colour-wise the darker look of bronze is better for that design, and someone who gets relegated to third might appreciate the consolation of a nicer trophy.

silverdovex
10-14-18, 05:25 AM
I LOVE the scardey cat!! wish it was a spooky type tho so I could put it with my other Halloween animals instead of on it?s own but nbd

Sugarcat5
10-14-18, 10:56 AM
Ok S8....if u aren't going to fix our space issue..why make us hatch all the LB milestone animals??????

HELLO....some of us have nowhere to put them!!!!

Sugarcat5
10-14-18, 10:58 AM
I see no good reason to force us to hatch each milestone animal! Getting to the milestone should be enough. We are already screaming for room and it's well known most are land locked, so what's the purpose of forcing hatching? I had these animals in storage to begin with due to space issues.. Except for skeledeer, but it should be my choice what to hatch especially when I have NO room and need what little space I can make for breeding SB necessary animals. S8 give us a break! Geez! /rant

Agreed!!!!

miadoubled
10-14-18, 11:17 AM
Love that the cat is the older Halloween element, It finally helps me with getting closer to having at least one of all the elements before my time !

zzGoldmine2
10-14-18, 05:14 PM
Love that the cat is the older Halloween element, It finally helps me with getting closer to having at least one of all the elements before my time !

Why don't they have a habitat for the older Halloween element? I would love one.

Phoenix406
10-16-18, 10:48 PM
Why don't they have a habitat for the older Halloween element? I would love one.
Maybe they will put one in sale closer to Halloween.

Rynetory2
10-19-18, 05:13 AM
Did you like this event? Which prizes did you like?

Please vote and feel free to share your constructive feedback. Thank you for your participation! :)

This is a private poll and you can select multiple choices. The poll will close in 10 days.

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)

oficeandfire
10-19-18, 11:39 AM
Agreed about the trophies! It has a creepy look to it and I like it more than the silver and gold!

Phoenix406
10-19-18, 11:45 AM
I have good news, meh news, bad news, and more bad news. First, the good: I won the horse on my second account, which on the one hand is good because I wanted it, worked for it, and can actually place it, but I am desperately in need of runes for an expansion, so I would have also liked to get some runes. I never spun for runes once on this account during the entire LB. In meh news, my older account spun for runes 3x during the event and placed 5th, but I can't use the runes right now because I am out of expansions, which leads me to bad news: another update, still no expansions. :mad: And finally, also in bad news, I have lost my wallet. :(

Phoenix406
10-19-18, 11:53 AM
I actually was shocked when I learned that I didn't already have an Autumn Equifox. That might sound dumb, especially because I am typically very good at remembering all my animals and which ones I have on which account, but I was sure I had one, and I did not, so he was a welcome addition to my forests, and can finally join my Spring Equifox, Summer Equifox, and Winter Equifox. (The point is, I have all 4 seasons now.) The Scaredy Cat is cool - I like him more than I thought I would. I have gotten lazy about reading the descriptions of the animals, but for some reason I read the description of the Jackal-Lantern, and I am fully convinced that whoever wrote the description has jackals confused with hyenas, as it is hyenas who are known for their laughter-like call, not jackals. Anyway, I got a book a day later about spirit animals, and I opened to a random page, and lo and behold, I opened to the page about jackals. It said that in mythology jackals are associated with transition, including death, as they are believed to take the deceased person's soul to the spirit world, but also with a transition like marriage. So it looks like I'm either dying or getting married, y'all! LOL! Finally, the Skeledeer is, of course, adorable as a baby and pretty as an adult, but don't we already have 2 other very similar white deer?

alienonacid
10-19-18, 12:25 PM
48114 Fellsteed 15 hours

AppieP
10-19-18, 12:27 PM
48114 Fellsteed 15 hours

CONGRATS with your Fellsteed

MystiqueRealm
10-19-18, 04:24 PM
I'm not fond of the short stocky body type of the horses drawn, I prefer grand uni, dread pegasus type myself

Phoenix406
10-19-18, 04:31 PM
I'm not fond of the short stocky body type of the horses drawn, I prefer grand uni, dread pegasus type myself

I like both. To me, the Tidesdale and the Aquamarine Pony, which are almost the same, really, are some of the cutest animals in the game. This Fellsteed is also very similar. I like the more refined, pretty horses as well, though. I wasn't a big fan of those Chimera type horses, though. They look like their legs are broken or something.

But I guess this serves as a reminder that, to some extent, I am just chasing the same basic forms with different coloring over and over. What is wrong with me? (I say that because I spend hours per day on the game, checking the forums, and also spend a lot of money, so there must be something wrong with me to want the same thing over and over, just in different colors.)

Silverrain1
10-20-18, 02:19 AM
Two of my accounts were in the same team. I was first and second all day and had food to still spare. But I cldnt get on the game to check if I was holding my position and by the time I got on, I was third and fourth and the event had ended (sad face)

AppieP
10-20-18, 03:32 AM
Two of my accounts were in the same team. I was first and second all day and had food to still spare. But I cldnt get on the game to check if I was holding my position and by the time I got on, I was third and fourth and the event had ended (sad face)

Ouch, that's a bummer. I feel you. Sorry to hear you didn't get your Fellsteeds on these accounts.

miadoubled
10-20-18, 07:17 AM
Still upset about loosing my 2nd place spot with 5seconds left in the event. I wanted this fellsteed :-( congrats to those who got it

deadpixel
10-20-18, 09:28 AM
I completed it, even got the Fellsteed and Gold Trophy, for all the good they do me, cause I have no space in my Forest to put any of these. Oh, wait! That's not true, I do have a tiny spot left to put down the Gold Trophy, but that's only going to make this victory so much more empty :mad:

https://image.ibb.co/bwToOp/angry-emoji.png

Sakrysta
10-20-18, 03:14 PM
I lost track of time and remembered 5 minutes before it ended with 3 accounts to tend. MenollyPiper managed to finish the milestones, and I quickly moved to Persepheny. That account I really wanted to get the Fellsteed, so I bought the 2x boost and fed like crazy until the icon timer disappeared. When I checked my place, I was 3rd or 4th, so I was really bummed and mad at myself. Poor Sakrysta didn?t even finish the milestones. I?ve got to remember next time to at least take care of that.

When the results popup came later, Persepheny had actually won 2nd, and I had a lot (about 2000) more points than the game showed when the timer ended. When so many glitches go against us, I?m not complaining about having one go my way for a change. I do feel sorry for the person who might have thought they had 2nd though. 😟

Rynetory2
10-29-18, 08:33 AM
Thank you Everyone for voting.
Your votes are submitted.