PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf Dragon - October 09 2018 (Needed for the Terror Night Dragon Tales Event)

deadpixel
10-09-18, 11:23 AM
https://image.ibb.co/eUpvyp/Werewolf_Dragon_reduced.png

Rarity: Common
Type: Spooky & Purple https://image.ibb.co/hy8G4U/Spooky30px.png https://image.ibb.co/cVZdJp/Purple30px.png
Habitat: Boneyard & Purple Gardens
Available at: Level 15
Buying Price: 400 https://image.ibb.co/eZGNB9/Gold20px.png
Selling Price: 100 https://image.ibb.co/gYGiJp/Coin20px.png
Breeding Combination: Black and Purple https://image.ibb.co/i9GQyp/Black30px.png https://image.ibb.co/cVZdJp/Purple30px.png
Breeding & Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 780 https://image.ibb.co/jQ6NB9/Exp20px.png

I'm not sure if you can breed this with Dark and Purple but my suggestion is not to try. My first attempt with a Dark Dragon and a Magic Dragon produced a 33-hour Titan Dragon, whereas my second attempt with a Night Dragon and a Magic Dragon got me the Werewolf Dragon.

https://image.ibb.co/jee9r9/DF5_C797_E_9_E41_49_DE_910_E_1272_BA048144.jpg https://image.ibb.co/kPQKr9/7_CA93_D29_E9_B8_4645_9_EA8_6_E7_AEC1_E7456.jpg

Good luck to all trying for this :)

sipland
10-09-18, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the advice deadpixel, got 4 hours with Night Elf x Magic :)

orson32
10-09-18, 12:35 PM
Night snd Peacock....

ksbmommy
10-09-18, 12:40 PM
Got it with night and peacock! Good luck everyone!

lela159
10-09-18, 01:59 PM
If I breed this successfully do I have to wait until I'm on chapter 6 to put it in its habitat? Can I place the dragon without it telling me to make a new one?

CranberryMil
10-09-18, 02:22 PM
Black and purple ?

Lotus + Magic = Terror , at last a common dragon in the first try

kooky panda
10-09-18, 02:23 PM
Black and purple ?
Yes

zzGoldmine2
10-09-18, 03:31 PM
I know I'm probably stupid for going against the grain, but I have a Dark Omen dragon (Spooky and Purple type) so am going to put it in the den with Peacock and see what happens.

UPDATE: Fail. 8 hour breeding. I wonder what Spooky has split into.

zzGoldmine2
10-09-18, 03:34 PM
If I breed this successfully do I have to wait until I'm on chapter 6 to put it in its habitat? Can I place the dragon without it telling me to make a new one?

If the last Dragon Tales is any reference, no. All recent tales have been changed to allow you to hatch the required breeding common dragon early and the goal will auto-complete when your reach it. Caveat: S8 can change things whenever they want at their discretion, however I feel that recently they have been on a player appeasement drive so I doubt they would make any of the event formats more difficult (recent changes have mostly been toward making them more inclusive).

orson32
10-09-18, 04:17 PM
I know I'm probably stupid for going against the grain, but I have a Dark Omen dragon (Ghost/Halloween and Purple type) so am going to put it in the den with Peacock and see what happens.

I read using Omen with a black dragon..not purple

Mostreal
10-09-18, 04:40 PM
First try with Lotus and Magic. Now to find a place for him and back to attempting to breed and Atlas dragon.

glenngenius
10-09-18, 05:07 PM
First try Dark Angel and Peacock. So shocked!!! Been a while since I got the required dragon for the first try. :)

Athabasca55
10-09-18, 05:14 PM
First try Dark Angel and Anubis. For these common drags I like to put diamond types together, because commons are the usual result. Good luck everyone.

skyharbor602
10-09-18, 06:59 PM
Dark Angel + Magic = Coral
Raven + Peacock = Another useless garbage Penumbra :mad:
Thunderstorm + Illusion = Another 10 hour waste of time. I'm guessing it's Neo Trash.

Clark_Wayne
10-09-18, 08:24 PM
got it with raven and peacock 1st try :)

Ellerslie6
10-09-18, 11:39 PM
COMMON DRAGON - HERE WE GO AGAIN
Breeding with straight Black and Purple gives only 13 possible offspring. If you introduce spooky it increases number of possible results. Even with only 13 possibles, breeding with Black & Purple has already delivered me FOUR fails - 2x 11 hr NeoBubbles, 1x 25hr Penumbra (GRR)and 1x 12 hr sitting on nest. I think I have only ever managed to breed the common twice so I am not holding my breath.
Oh but I so want these Light Mother dragons.
I will try the Diamond suggestion next

rado_nik
10-10-18, 01:26 AM
COMMON DRAGON - HERE WE GO AGAIN
Breeding with straight Black and Purple gives only 13 possible offspring. If you introduce spooky it increases number of possible results. Even with only 13 possibles, breeding with Black & Purple has already delivered me FOUR fails - 2x 11 hr NeoBubbles, 1x 25hr Penumbra (GRR)and 1x 12 hr sitting on nest. I think I have only ever managed to breed the common twice so I am not holding my breath.
Oh but I so want these Light Mother dragons.
I will try the Diamond suggestion next

Neo Bubbles and Coral are 10 h - prepare for tons of them.
For me 2x Neo Bubbles for now

Emmajlb
10-10-18, 05:18 AM
1st account
Night and peacock 12 hours
Night and illusion 22 hours
Peacock and illusion 10
Magic and illusion 10
Night and magic 4 hours

2nd account
Night and magic 10 hours
Peacock and illusion 10 hours
Night and illusion 4 hours

zayn95
10-10-18, 06:24 AM
4 hours on the nest with diamond horn and illusion.

Phoenix406
10-10-18, 08:05 AM
Got it on both accounts with Dark Omen and Magic.

NeidusBluetip
10-10-18, 09:16 AM
First attempt: Night + Magic = 10 hours
Second attempt: Night + Magic = 10 hours
Third attempt: Night + Peacock = 10 hours

skyharbor602
10-10-18, 10:04 AM
Get rid of neo trash s8. If you can discontinue long time dragons like aether and mindvolt then i'm pretty sure you can get rid of neo bubble easily too. People are sick of breeding those more than coral!!!

AnnirasSweets
10-10-18, 10:34 AM
I got Werewolf using Anubis and Prime Eternal, anytime purple is in the breeding mix I go diamond in case I finally get the nearly un-gettable Gossamer. (There's always one dragon that just will not show up and Gossamer is mine!)

This time I only had one fail which was Mistmoth so I'm not too disappointed as I'll throw that in the Stables to disenchant later.

Zummat
10-10-18, 12:43 PM
I just got a 4 hour time breeding Peacock and Dark Omen. I hope it’s Werewolf. I wasn’t actually trying for it since I just now came online to see what was needed for the new event. I picked a random dragon to breed with Peacock for the Bingo points. :tickled_pink:

SecretTarth
10-10-18, 03:14 PM
Got it second try with Peacock and Night. First fail was Seafarer which is a common for me.

Xyn25
10-10-18, 09:12 PM
So far all I got is 10 hr dragons and now Penumbra 😑

Sugarcat5
10-10-18, 09:47 PM
One Penumbra and multiple neo bubble and corals so far on main account. Baby account got a wizard and neo bubble and i just got werewolf using magic and obsidian.

skyharbor602
10-11-18, 06:38 AM
This is straight garbage. Neo Trash, Wizard, Coral, Dark Phoenix, Penumsuck all on display for the parade. I'm not even bothering with this Tales at all.

kendermist
10-11-18, 11:14 AM
Wow a lot of lucky players getting this common dragon on either first or 2nd attempt. Not so lucky here lost track of my "failures". Between how hard it is to get a common dragon during these tales and the difficulty of most of the tournaments, game not so much fun any more. Will have to give serious thought to continuing playing, not sure if it is worth the frustration. Any ways good luck to everyone.

pod5124cra
10-11-18, 01:49 PM
Diamond Horn + Anibus = Werewolf.

mydragonqueen
10-11-18, 02:23 PM
First try Peacock and night

Mbrill75
10-11-18, 02:32 PM
3rd try

Mbrill75
10-11-18, 02:32 PM
3rd try Night & Magic

skyharbor602
10-11-18, 03:29 PM
Finally got this Frostwolf rip off by breeding Night Elf and Peacock but I'm still done with the Tales. The only one I'll probably get is Ghost but the Neo Bat retread and Omega Light Mother are a no. A bunch of 10 hr fails and 2 long Penumsuck fails aren't even worth it. Omega Light Mother, I will get you next year because, guaranteed, it'll be a token dragon soon.

zzGoldmine2
10-11-18, 03:52 PM
I know I'm probably stupid for going against the grain, but I have a Dark Omen dragon (Spooky and Purple type) so am going to put it in the den with Peacock and see what happens.

UPDATE: Fail. 8 hour breeding. I wonder what Spooky has split into.

Well final update is that I got it with Lvl10 Night and Lvl7 Magic, first try doing just black and purple. Trying to breed spooky with purple failed twice before I got it with the other combo. Spooky keeps splitting into yellow (and not sure what other type, purple?)

AnnirasSweets
10-11-18, 04:56 PM
Well final update is that I got it with Lvl10 Night and Lvl7 Magic, first try doing just black and purple. Trying to breed spooky with purple failed twice before I got it with the other combo. Spooky keeps splitting into yellow (and not sure what other type, purple?)

I'm nearly positive that Spooky types can split off into Blue, Yellow or Purple when breeding.

[S8] Elsa
10-11-18, 05:05 PM
I'm nearly positive that Spooky types can split off into Blue, Yellow or Purple when breeding.

Black, Purple, Yellow.

AnnirasSweets
10-11-18, 09:19 PM
Elsa;1544848']Black, Purple, Yellow.

D'oh! That's actually what I have written on my chart but for some reason my fingers chose to type something different?

deadpixel
10-11-18, 09:51 PM
If you're attempting to breed this dragon and are thinking of speed breeding, or if you're tired of trying to breed one and are contemplating buying it at the Market, here's the rub...

It'll only cost you 112 Gold in total to skip the hatching, breeding and raising of this dragon. If you buy it in the Market, it'll cost you 200 Gold and you'll need to feed it 1250 pieces of food too.

If you plan to speed breed it, don't spend anything more than 88 Gold because you can still skip all Acts involving the Werewolf Dragon after the 88th piece of Gold and still come out having only spent 200 Gold, the same as if you had bought it but still save on 1250 pieces of food.

kendermist
10-12-18, 01:16 PM
If you're attempting to breed this dragon and are thinking of speed breeding, or if you're tired of trying to breed one and are contemplating buying it at the Market, here's the rub...

It'll only cost you 112 Gold in total to skip the hatching, breeding and raising of this dragon. If you buy it in the Market, it'll cost you 200 Gold and you'll need to feed it 1250 pieces of food too.

If you plan to speed breed it, don't spend anything more than 88 Gold because you can still skip all Acts involving the Werewolf Dragon after the 88th piece of Gold and still come out having only spent 200 Gold, the same as if you had bought it but still save on 1250 pieces of food.

Thank you was actually thinking of spending the gold on the dragon but this does make more sense.

hungryres
10-13-18, 04:12 AM
Endless parade of neo bubble and coral.
The commons from all the recent goals are real annoying.

KevinW07
10-13-18, 08:11 AM

But do you still get awarded the Glow Orb if you skip the hatching Werewolf task?

KevinW07
10-13-18, 08:36 AM
Endless parade of neo bubble and coral.
The commons from all the recent goals are real annoying.

My results so far may help (i.e. late start, first try):
1) Main island: Prime Eternal & Anubis = 10 hour fail
2) Breed testing account #1: Lotus & Peacock = Werewolf
3) Breed testing account #2: Night & Peacock = Werewolf

AnnirasSweets
10-13-18, 09:17 AM
But do you still get awarded the Glow Orb if you skip the hatching Werewolf task?

Technically, you receive the orb for completing the task, not for the act of hatching the Werewolf. If you skip any task with gold, you receive the reward that was connected to that task so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

KevinW07
10-13-18, 09:47 PM
Technically, you receive the orb for completing the task, not for the act of hatching the Werewolf. If you skip any task with gold, you receive the reward that was connected to that task so you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

Thanks! Nevertheless, I managed to get it on my second try with Lotus and Peacock (thanks to my breeding test accounts)! :)

AnnirasSweets
10-14-18, 08:00 AM
Thanks! Nevertheless, I managed to get it on my second try with Lotus and Peacock (thanks to my breeding test accounts)! :)

Congrats! It's always extra great when you finally get it just when you were about to give up, makes it that much more of a win.

KevinW07
10-15-18, 05:06 AM
Congrats! It's always extra great when you finally get it just when you were about to give up, makes it that much more of a win.

Thanks AS!!! I started very late (due to travel, jetlag, etc.) and I got it on my second attempt. It's really good for a change that TL made this dragon truly "Common". I've tested it several times with several combos and for all of my family's accounts at least, it is quite easy to get.

For those on the forum that are having trouble breeding Werewolf, I would advise to avoid sticking to a specific combo. If you don't get it with your first try with say a combo like Prime Eternal & Anubis, switch it right away to another Black & Purple combination. Good luck!

saghaven
10-15-18, 08:51 AM
Nothing but Corals and Neo Bubbles with the random Illusions thrown in. Love that I can get a rare Illusion but not the common Werewolf.

Edit: Finally got it with Lotus/Illusion