PDA

View Full Version : GOAL: Knock Knock! - 2018 Oct. 4 (15 Days)

AnnirasSweets
10-04-18, 12:02 PM
*Goal will end October 18, 2018*

Goal 1: Knock Knock!
Buy 8 Candy Neighborhood Wallpapers (16g to skip)

- $9,000 each
Buy 12 Candy Wrapper Sidewalk Floor Tiles (24g to skip)

- $8,000 each
*Rewards: $2,620, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - 1st Appliance**Side Goal Opens*

Goal 2: Candy Is Dandy!
Build 3 Tricky Butlers (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $38,000 each

- 28 Hard Candy + 12 Gummy Candy
Serve 15 Sugar Bountys (15g to skip)

- 1 Hour
*Rewards: *$2,660, 70 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Recipe*

Goal 3: Chocolate Please!
Serve 15 Chocolate Caches (15g to skip)

- 2 Hours
Buy 2 Neon Buckets (4g to skip)

- Wall Deco

- $24,000 each
*Rewards: $2,700, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - 3rd Recipe*

Goal 4: How Corny
Serve 15 Candy Corn (30g to skip)

- 3 Hours
Buy ANY 1 floor deco (can't skip)
*Rewards: $2,775, 75 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Appliance*

Goal 5: An Apple A Day
Build 3 Witchy Treats (4g to skip)

- 1 Fully Built for Free

- $41,000 each

- 40 Sticky Candy + 32 Sour Candy
Serve 15 Healthy Apples (60g to skip)

- 7 Hours
*Rewards: $2,880, 80 xp, UNLOCKS - 2nd Recipe*

Goal 6: Our Neighborhood
Visit 12 Community Members (12g to skip)
Leave 12 Tips (12g to skip)
Have 2 Candy Counters (4g to skip)

- $16,000 each
*Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, UNLOCKS - Halloween Pup Floor Deco*

Goal 7:Nature's Candy
Serve 15 Sweet Raisins (60g to skip)

- 8 Hours
Have 1 Halloween Pup (2g to skip)

- $23,000 each
*Rewards: $3,300, 90 xp, UNLOCKS - 3rd Recipe*

Goal 8: Candy Everywhere!
Have 4 Candy Tables (8g to skip)

- $14,000 each
Have 4 Candy Chairs (8g to skip)

- $18,000 each
*Rewards: $3,470, 95 xp, UNLOCKS - Costumed Family Floor Deco*

Goal 9: Brush Away Those Cavities
Serve 12 Dentist's Goodies (60g to skip)

- 9 Hours
Have 1 Costumed Family (2g to skip)

- $34,000 each
*Rewards: $3,700, 100 xp, 1 Free Trick or Treaters*

Final Goal Prize:
Trick or Treaters, 4x4, 65g

SIDE GOAL:

Tricky or Treaty Part One:
Serve 35 Candy Apples (35g to skip)

- Basic Oven

- 2 Hours *under Cookies tab*
Serve 35 Chai Teas (53g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

- 3 Hours *under Tea tab*
Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Tricky or Treaty Part Two:
Serve 45 Candy Apples (45g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 45 35 Chai Teas (68g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp

Tricky or Treaty Part Three:
Serve 55 Candy Apples (55g to skip)

- Basic Oven

Serve 55 35 Chai Teas (83g to skip)

- Basic Drink Mixer

Rewards: $3,000, 85 xp, 1 Free Trick or Treat

Final Side Goal Prize:
Trick or Treat, 4x4, 43g (Originally released: October 2013)

Additional infographic and side goal prize pic if needed:

https://i.imgur.com/TUAHz6z.png

https://i.imgur.com/kTDhtiO.png

EdiiLouise
10-04-18, 12:03 PM
Yay Halloween goal!!!

EdiiLouise
10-04-18, 12:05 PM
Erm, the appliances are so weird but I want that side goal prize

EdiiLouise
10-04-18, 12:06 PM
Also the side goal DOES NOT drop parts!!!

monstertop
10-04-18, 12:08 PM
The appliance IS super weird... Well... it's not an appliance. It's a human being? LOL.

Natasha_07
10-04-18, 12:12 PM
These 'appliances' are pretty creative, LOL! :)

I'm so glad for the side prize, I can add another Halloween house to my place.

EdiiLouise
10-04-18, 12:13 PM
The appliance IS super weird... Well... it's not an appliance. It's a human being? LOL.

Creative idea though. The main prize is so cute

monstertop
10-04-18, 12:13 PM
Is it just me or do they not display the collectibles button on the right edge of the screen anymore? I can still get to it through the original menu but I'm curious about why they got rid of that accessible button in terms of UX.

monstertop
10-04-18, 12:14 PM
Creative idea though. The main prize is so cute

Hahah I think it's creepy but ya, it could be taken as creative(: And the final prize is super nice. It's finally a worthwhile prize in my opinion.

Natasha_07
10-04-18, 12:19 PM
I wish we could gift new goal parts a few days before the goals, given that with the new goals format we have no need for existing basic/special parts anymore.

Sebsmommy15
10-04-18, 12:38 PM
Yay another Halloween house added to my bakery! I like the cute looking oven lol.

kayjco
10-04-18, 12:51 PM
I LOVE the servers-instead-of-appliances! What a great idea!!

The wallpaper is pretty darn cool. The tile is not Halloweeny at all, but might be useful if done correctly. It?s certainly colorful.

Waiting to see all the prizes.

AnnirasSweets
10-04-18, 01:13 PM
I LOVE the servers-instead-of-appliances! What a great idea!!

The wallpaper is pretty darn cool. The tile is not Halloweeny at all, but might be useful if done correctly. It?s certainly colorful.

Waiting to see all the prizes.

I agree about the tiles. I'm thinking the tables, chairs, counter and tiles will be better utilized when I do my Candy/Easter theme since they don't scream Halloween to me.

I'm disappointed we're still not getting Side Goal collectibles but it makes my decision to sit this one out easier. I've already got one Trick or Treat house and it would be pointless to have a duplicate that would never see the light of day in my place. But I'm really loving these new appliances even if I'm not crazy about the recipes from the second. Do I wish they just gave them to us as decos like they did in RS? Sure, but I'm happy enough to have them that I'll display them again next year either way.

Speaking of decos... it's sort of confusing that they named the new prize Trick or Treaters when we've already got Trick or Treat, especially since both are similar scenes.

slayer7000
10-04-18, 01:20 PM
WHY does the side goal NOT drop parts

Mississippiiii
10-04-18, 01:21 PM

AnnirasSweets
10-04-18, 01:28 PM
....Waiting to see all the prizes.

The Halloween Pup is 1x1 and the Costumed Family is 2x2:

I've put the market pic and info on the Final Prize in the first post. I'm still on the first goal so I only have the info another player sent which means I sadly cannot offer you pics of the items placed in the game itself but I hope the market pics will be enough to help you in your decision.

isa6jala3
10-04-18, 02:02 PM
Yeah i love Halloween, didn't have the trick or treat house so happy getting this change
Also love the Halloween prizes cute Halloween dog and another �� house just love iT!! ❤️

pixiegamer
10-04-18, 02:30 PM
Thank you for maintaining the thread AnnirasSweets! Much, much appreciated :)

Hopefully we get the Haunted House in a sale or as an LTO to finish a trio of houses :)

AnnirasSweets
10-04-18, 02:37 PM
Thank you for maintaining the thread AnnirasSweets! Much, much appreciated :)...

You're welcome, glad to be of service! I added your infographic to the first post also.

Edit (PG) - Thank you!! :)

Bakerling
10-04-18, 02:53 PM
I love the Final Goal Prize and the appliances. A new look for appliances that looks like Display!

my607
10-04-18, 03:09 PM
These parts aren’t dropping all the time I just notice that. It should drop during side goals.

diaperrash99
10-04-18, 03:11 PM
woohooo! Love it!!!!

I already have the side goal prize, but hello! Totally want another one to create a little trick or treat neighborhood! :D

Can't wait to get all the prizes here, good one Storm8!

babublik
10-04-18, 03:20 PM
Yas!! storm8 is finally coming through with the side goal! I?ve been wanting the trick or treat house for years and have waited for it to pop up on a sale but this is way better. Also, the main goal prizes are awesome for Halloween this year! Woo hoo I?m so excited. I skipped the last goal and this is just what I needed to resume goals :)

kimtoos2
10-04-18, 03:35 PM
Yep, Pricey foods, no extra collectibles. Same as before. At end of last goal I had 110 of 1 type 50plus of a other so totally a Waste. So I Am Not a fan of cook/dump. I am losing good nbrs over these goals, it's sad!!!
Bright side, Love the Butler and Prizes!!! Will I try to finish, Only next days will tell. Halloween is my favorite so maybe fight thru this then skip the next many!!!

I also dont ever get free gems so refuse to spend real money just to speed up!! Happy to buy gems for extra new stoves/expansions.

twospoons
10-04-18, 03:57 PM
I'm a fan of all the prizes! I'll have to set up a neighborhood too--hope I can fit everything.

Tables, chairs etc. not that great, but whatever. And I love the appliances, except that if you want to leave them out when you're not using them to cook they have that big circle on top of their heads. I wish they were decor items.

pinkyluvpies
10-04-18, 04:13 PM
I love the appliance! So cute! I hope that second one is a character too.

TwixAndScones
10-04-18, 04:15 PM

It will look good in my semetrical-bakery!
I already have 1 of the -Trick or Treat1 house,
but it would be good. Especially a free 1!

ST4CoolGames
10-04-18, 05:05 PM
So, no additional parts dropped in the side goal?

Well, I've been wanting to take a break from this game. This has given me my out. I'll still help my neighbors and all and hope that S8 will change the make up of these goals or the game itself but I think I and my other accounts are going to sit this one out. I was looking forward to a Halloween goal but these parts and losing coins to delete food in hopes of getting the right number of collectibles is getting ridiculous.

claire1745
10-04-18, 05:19 PM
Anyone else notice the green candy is called gummy candy in the gifts tab and when you go to build the appliance but in the collectibles tab it is labeled sticky candy? To check, I redeemed a collectible for the green one that said sticky and then checked the number of parts I needed and it showed as added. Redeemed again that time nothing was added to my total...

storm81775
10-04-18, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have any additional information on the cost & profit for the recipes on the Tricky Butler & Witchy Treats "appliances". I'm low on coins and I don't want to use my limited funds on the first few goals of the event if the "appliances" don't have very profitable recipes. Thanks.

myroute66
10-04-18, 07:36 PM
The floor/sidewalk, tables and food counters blend too much. Wished they were more creative

rusticjess
10-04-18, 08:07 PM
Anyone else notice the green candy is called gummy candy in the gifts tab and when you go to build the appliance but in the collectibles tab it is labeled sticky candy? To check, I redeemed a collectible for the green one that said sticky and then checked the number of parts I needed and it showed as added. Redeemed again that time nothing was added to my total...

I noticed too...I was afraid to redeem any because Im not sure which candy I woild actually get

tman330
10-04-18, 08:29 PM
Is it just me or do they not display the collectibles button on the right edge of the screen anymore? I can still get to it through the original menu but I'm curious about why they got rid of that accessible button in terms of UX.
it?s not just you, I don?t have that collectibles button on the main screen any more either.

grandmatina
10-04-18, 08:47 PM
The collectibles are incorrectly labelled. Could this be fixed please before more people did what I did and bought the wrong ones!!!

edwinarca87
10-04-18, 10:00 PM
I already have a trick or treat house so i skip the side goal i dont want identical items on my bakery it will eat up my space i like the final goal prize i hope i get the other haunted house in the box so i can have 3 houses im just waiting for the halloween sale

Keddy30103
10-05-18, 12:41 AM
These parts aren’t dropping all the time I just notice that. It should drop during side goals.

I thought the collectable parts were going to start dropping from the side Goals this time??

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 01:40 AM

The collectibles are incorrectly labelled. Could this be fixed please before more people did what I did and bought the wrong ones!!!

I've flagged these over for the team to check. Thanks.

Rynetory2
10-05-18, 01:40 AM
I thought the collectable parts were going to start dropping from the side Goals this time??

Here's the update on this posted in previous Bakery goal thread.

Update:

They are unable to share if parts will drop from future side goal recipes since Storm8 does not speculate.

However they did confirm that should it be available in the future, players would be notified in-game via announcement or hint/quest text.

(This applies to Restaurant Story.)

1977ROI
10-05-18, 02:35 AM
I just love love it .....both the gifts are so nice...not that creepy and spooky...the way I like Halloween .....thanks fr the info ...
👻🎃HAPPY HALLOWEEN🎃👻

adreamdeferred
10-05-18, 05:19 AM
I am loving this goal and the prizes!! I love the houses... and what a cute dog! The server-as-appliance is tres creatif!

The candy chairs and tables are cute but personally I'd prefer more of a Halloween-y look, like pumpkins or candy corn. One of my neighbors has a mummy table/chair set. I guess it's locked

dontidae
10-05-18, 06:48 AM
Happy with:
The side goal prize
The final goal prize (very cute)

So-so:
The wallpaper is not great but ok.
The neon buckets, Halloween pup and costumed family are not great but ok.

UNhappy with:
The tables, chairs and floor tiles - not only do they not look like Halloween AT ALL, they are hideously ugly!
I actually love the butler guy but do NOT want him as an oven. Would prefer as a decoration. I don't want him to have the recipe bubble over his head if he's only on display. Not happy with this.
15 days for goal. There was a survey taken and almost 70% said we need it to be longer (because we have lives and work and things that get in the way), and yet STILL 15 days.
I can only assume someone(s) new has taken over the creation of bakery story items because I have not wanted to do a goal for MONTHS. Almost nothing is cute or creative anymore. I LOVED playing this game and now I'm constantly skipping things and going back to my old decorations. Not to mention new goals used to be exciting. Now they're a chore and a hassle and all for stuff that sucks. I have been playing for YEARS and have loved this game sooo much that I still can't give up but I think I won't hold my breath either. This is incredibly disappointing.

Side note: maybe the new goal final prize is the only thing I like because it's been almost copied from the old side goal house done by someone else who was much better at this!

Signed,
Completely Frustrated

luincristiel
10-05-18, 08:24 AM
Love the final prize and we can get another house by completing the side goal!
If only the haunted house can be offered (for gems) it would be perfect.

kimtoos2
10-05-18, 09:28 AM
YEP, I lost my parts cuz of Collectable Named Wrong too!!!! Now afraid to get them!!! HELP!!!
Also noticing already have 8 of 1 collectible, 1 of another!!! END of last goal I had over 110 of 1, 50plus of another so couldnt turn into Gfts, Total Waste!!!
On the Nbr who said 70% hate these Goals, Thats way too low as alot Like Me havent voted!!! Reading walls its closer to 90%!!!!!

S8 Pls help with this!!! Also the cost to dump is Way Out there!!!!

natalienat518
10-05-18, 09:42 AM
They are trying so hard to make us give up and buy gems...

claire1745
10-05-18, 09:46 AM
It happened again. I redeemed 3 hard candy in the collectibles tab and only 2 were added to my total. This format is hard enough to build appliances without having them not credited properly.

rusticjess
10-05-18, 10:01 AM
I can't redeem any, I have 10 of one color bucket and only 1 of another. Storm 8 knows we can only redeem as many parts as our lowest number of collectables so all those others that show up unnecessarily are just for show

monstertop
10-05-18, 11:28 AM
I can't redeem any, I have 10 of one color bucket and only 1 of another. Storm 8 knows we can only redeem as many parts as our lowest number of collectables so all those others that show up unnecessarily are just for show

Since the drops are random, you can't help but get into this situation. The more you collect, the more it will even out though. I've gotten to the point where I have 20+ of three colors and 0 of one color. Just have to keep cooking and farming those collectibles.

pumpkita
10-05-18, 12:14 PM
Thank you for maintaining the thread AnnirasSweets! Much, much appreciated :)

Hopefully we get the Haunted House in a sale or as an LTO to finish a trio of houses :)

YES, I would love the haunted house too!!! So we have the trio!

PeppiVille
10-06-18, 04:59 AM
This is my first real event so sorry if this is a silly question. While visiting I notice that some players are building more that 3 of the first oven. The second oven takes so many parts this idea is a little scary. What is the strategy with this game play? Any other suggestions? I have the first 3 ovens built and in 2 hours I will have the last recipe opened. I think it is candy corn.

On the side goal I am on my last candy apple (35) and have started the chi tea.

I have 7 ovens so I believe at some point I may need to pick between main and side goals and discontinue the other. It will depend on part collection. If I have to keep the Butlers going to make parts I do not think I will have the time to bake all the side goals.

kayjco
10-06-18, 05:21 AM
The costumed family looks more like a circus family.

WHY do different parts drop? Only one of them counts. Having all those different ones is unnecessarily confusing.

If we are only going to have the part that counts drop every so often, then have nothing drop the rest of the time, please.

WHY make the game harder than it needs to be???

kayjco
10-06-18, 08:19 AM
This is my first real event so sorry if this is a silly question. While visiting I notice that some players are building more that 3 of the first oven. The second oven takes so many parts this idea is a little scary. What is the strategy with this game play? Any other suggestions? I have the first 3 ovens built and in 2 hours I will have the last recipe opened. I think it is candy corn.

I have 7 ovens so I believe at some point I may need to pick between main and side goals and discontinue the other. It will depend on part collection. If I have to keep the Butlers going to make parts I do not think I will have the time to bake all the side goals.
I don?t know about everyone. I can only speak for me. I build extras because:

1. It gets the food served faster, so I accomplish the task and move on to the next task.

2. It means I can master the recipes faster.

3. It means I can make a whole bunch of a certain recipe that I want to keep out for a good, long time.

I don?t care if someone finishes before me or after me. I?m not competing with anyone.

AnnirasSweets
10-06-18, 04:05 PM

Quick answer: It all depends on your playing style, what aspects of the game you like to focus on and what works well for you. I only ever build three of each goal oven and have always been able to finish them all within the given time. Below is the long version of my answer, if you're interested:

-----------------

Not counting the basic types, I've always based the amount of ovens I build on how many recipes the oven has. If an oven has 3 recipes (as most themed ovens do) then I build 3 ovens, if it has 6 then I build six. In my game, I prefer to focus on decorating and collecting decos so I dislike having large amounts of food on my counters as I change them at least once a month which easier to do with smaller food amounts.

To help facilitate this, once a goal is over, I'll cook only one recipe on each of the ovens I've built. Meaning Tricky Oven #1 will only cook the first recipe, Tricky Oven #2 will only cook the second recipe, etc. As I master each recipe, the corresponding oven goes to storage which both frees up space for ovens/recipes I want to display because they match my decor and it also ensures that I don't get overly full counters.

This is just how things work best for me but I can almost guarantee you'll get a different answer from every player you ask. If a player's focus is on quickly mastering recipes, their habits will cater to that; same as a player whose focus is on making coins will build their playing style around that.

When all is said an done, you'll have to think about what aspect of the game most appeals to you, how much time you spend in game, the amount of resources you have in game and build your habits and playing style around that. I hope this helped illustrate my point and didn't bore you to tears, lol. Good luck in building your bakery!

PeppiVille
10-06-18, 07:28 PM
Thank you both for your replies. annira, thank you for including the long version, it was very helpful. I had never considered the number of recipes matching the number of ovens. There again I still only have 7 ovens so I am a little limited. Lol. It still amazes me that folks have so many of the goal ovens. Maybe they are purchasing some of the candies. I saw 7 butlers built up on day one. That seems crazy fast. I have seen requests to not gift the day before the event started, and that may have something to do with it. That and making sure you have friends that know you are working on the goal and not sending food. <sigh>.

Anyway, I am plugging along and learning as I go. Thanks for the the q&a in the forum. I find it all very helpful.

Enjoy!

Keddy30103
10-07-18, 09:33 AM
Here's the update on this posted in previous Bakery goal thread.

I did read that. Guess my mind made it say what I wanted it to say LOL

Geckogirl52
10-07-18, 10:52 PM
I cannot seem to purchase the neon buckets needed to advance my goals in the Halloween event. When I try to purchase them, I get a red square, and they cannot be placed. Is anyone else having that problem. I sent in a support request, but the staff doesn?t seem to want to respond. Any ideas?

Rynetory2
10-08-18, 05:41 AM
A red square means the spot where you were trying to place it, is already occupied by something else. Please make sure you have an empty space for it. I hope you were not placing this on the floor because this is a wall decoration.

Edit to add: Merged to Goal thread given this is not a game bug.

gokittygogo
10-08-18, 07:23 AM
Why are the new goal ovens so expensive?It seems you are forcing us to buy diamonds to complete the goals in time. I have a modest amount of neighbors and we are only allowed so many gifts per day? This is quite discouraging. I do buy gems from time to time but what about those that cannot afford it? Please change the prices. $15 for an oven build is crazy.
Thank you

loranna23
10-08-18, 01:00 PM
The prizes are nice but 55 apples and tea! Come on now, thats just nuts, how are newer players going to do these goals? I keep hoping the goals will be reasonable and get disappointed. So many of my neighber have quit and I'm getting frustrated because it seems like who ever is doing these goals is not listening to the feedback.

veronikaKelly
10-08-18, 01:09 PM
The main goal is already difficult enough and to increase the side goal to 55 is just nuts. This game was relaxing and now it's almost like a chore to complete a goal. Both my daughters quit because they don't even have a chance to complete either goal since the change. I have no idea how anyone with a actual active life can finish these in time.

Personally I don't think anything will change as far as the new goal changes because most players will play anyway even with the frustration.

edwinarca87
10-08-18, 09:52 PM
They made the witchy treats recipes longer hours 7. 8, 9 hours respectively that will make this goal even harder to finish lol im not yet completed with my witchy treat oven and 10 days left on the timer

madameleota13
10-08-18, 10:56 PM
*sigh* I’ve been playing BS since at least 2010, possibly late 2009. I’ve had several bakeries that have come and gone. This is, by far, the worst Halloween event of all time. My bakery is Halloween themed year round and I save up a ton of gems for decorations. Not only are the decorations too cutesy, they don’t match. I can make cute work, but the wallpaper doesn’t match anything. The tiles, tables and chairs looks like a rainbow threw up. But the final kicker is the witch recipes. Apples? Raisins? TOOTHPASTE? This is every kiddos worst nightmare. I love the creative cakes and other Halloween items we have cooked over the years. They are part of my decor. This is just lazy and boring and not in the spirit of Halloween. Just wanted to throw in my two cents before I leave this game forever. Because at this rate, I don’t feel like making lumps of coal for Christmas.

Bakerling
10-09-18, 01:51 AM

I love the Final Goal Prize but a bit larger will be great!

tobeylynn2
10-09-18, 07:14 AM
How do I use the candy that everybody is sending me. I unfortunately am maxed out of appliances does that mean the candy is no good. Also where do you find the sugar bounties..

Tiramisalla
10-09-18, 07:14 AM
Like all the other loyal, disappointed S8 players (over 4 years for me, so I'm at top level in all my games) .... I did not even attempt to do this goal. Same for Restaurant. Insane amounts, not enough time, only reason to set us up to fail is S8 greed. No way new players can even dream of finishing. What a way to reward loyalty, S8.

rusticjess
10-09-18, 08:17 AM
How do I use the candy that everybody is sending me. I unfortunately am maxed out of appliances does that mean the candy is no good. Also where do you find the sugar bounties..

Store one of your regular ovens and buy the tricky butler from the goal list. He will be a box of parts and the purple and green candies will build him. The sugar bounty is the first recipe from him and is 1 hour

crimsonhope09
10-09-18, 09:25 AM
The recipes on the first oven are adorable and inspired me to redecorate in a trick or treat halloween theme. I think the butler would have been better suited as a counter than an oven. I?m still not a fan of the number of parts needed combined with the short time to complete the goal. I skipped the last goal. If not for having an extended five day weekend from work I would have had to skip this one as well.

monstertop
10-09-18, 10:12 AM
Like all the other loyal, disappointed S8 players (over 4 years for me, so I'm at top level in all my games) .... I did not even attempt to do this goal. Same for Restaurant. Insane amounts, not enough time, only reason to set us up to fail is S8 greed. No way new players can even dream of finishing. What a way to reward loyalty, S8.

I don't think you should generalize and say things like "all the other loyal, disappointed S8 players" because I am a longtime player who still fully enjoys this game even with the new change. I agree that I don't feel quite rewarded for my loyalty because the goals have become very challenging, but it's doable if you've been playing for years. Goals were typically challenging for new players even without this change.

nandokat
10-09-18, 12:48 PM
Does anyone else have problems placing the neon buckets, I simply can't

geordieprogman
10-09-18, 01:22 PM
Does anyone else have problems placing the neon buckets, I simply can't

The neon buckets are wall decorations. I didn’t have any problem placing them.

TwixAndScones
10-09-18, 08:21 PM
*sigh* I’ve been playing BS since at least 2010, possibly late 2009. I’ve had several bakeries that have come and gone. This is, by far, the worst Halloween event of all time. My bakery is Halloween themed year round and I save up a ton of gems for decorations. Not only are the decorations too cutesy, they don’t match. I can make cute work, but the wallpaper doesn’t match anything. The tiles, tables and chairs looks like a rainbow threw up. But the final kicker is the witch recipes. Apples? Raisins? TOOTHPASTE? This is every kiddos worst nightmare. I love the creative cakes and other Halloween items we have cooked over the years. They are part of my decor. This is just lazy and boring and not in the spirit of Halloween. Just wanted to throw in my two cents before I leave this game forever. Because at this rate, I don’t feel like making lumps of coal for Christmas.

I think the witch is supposed to give you tricks, not treats. I think it was supposed to be a joke for Halloween. Whereas the butler serves you, giving you what you want (the oven) and the witch tricks you with horrible things you do not want on Halloween! It may not be a fun/funny joke to you, but I think that was the purpose. If not wrong. I do not think there goal (the company) was to make the recipes, especially on the witch oven, cute or even spooky.

I do think they could have made the recipes scary though. (IMO)

Sebsmommy15
10-10-18, 12:11 AM
I think the witch is supposed to give you tricks, not treats. I think it was supposed to be a joke for Halloween. Whereas the butler serves you, giving you what you want (the oven) and the witch tricks you with horrible things you do not want on Halloween! It may not be a fun/funny joke to you, but I think that was the purpose. If not wrong. I do not think there goal (the company) was to make the recipes, especially on the witch oven, cute or even spooky.

I do think they could have made the recipes scary though. (IMO)

This is a GREAT point!! I like this trick or treat idea, it makes sense!

Aad56
10-10-18, 03:19 AM

adreamdeferred
10-10-18, 04:59 AM
*sigh* I?ve been playing BS since at least 2010, possibly late 2009. I?ve had several bakeries that have come and gone. This is, by far, the worst Halloween event of all time. My bakery is Halloween themed year round and I save up a ton of gems for decorations. Not only are the decorations too cutesy, they don?t match. I can make cute work, but the wallpaper doesn?t match anything. The tiles, tables and chairs looks like a rainbow threw up. But the final kicker is the witch recipes. Apples? Raisins? TOOTHPASTE? This is every kiddos worst nightmare. I love the creative cakes and other Halloween items we have cooked over the years. They are part of my decor. This is just lazy and boring and not in the spirit of Halloween. Just wanted to throw in my two cents before I leave this game forever. Because at this rate, I don?t feel like making lumps of coal for Christmas.

I agree - I won't be using the Witch after I'm done with goal.. those foods are awful. I get that it's a joke, though.. the witch tricks you and gives you things you don't want (although the names are swapped, with the butler being "tricky" and the witch being "witchy treats").
LOL.. If they did lumps of coal for Christmas, that would be awful! But I wouldn't be surprised *smh*

I like cutesy food and decos, so this final goal prize is fine with me :)

AnnirasSweets
10-10-18, 10:24 AM
I just thought that the non-traditional recipes on the Witch Treats was s8 jumping onto the Teal Pumpkin bandwagon, especially since the one pumpkin collectible is the exact shade of the standard Teal Pumpkins here in the US.

Though the Teal Pumpkin is meant to offer non-food treat options; personally, I think they should've offered classic Halloween treats but updated and made friendly for those (imaginary & pixelated) food-sensitive children - this is a bakery game after all!

rusticjess
10-10-18, 05:54 PM
Really sad about the changes to the goals. I used to be able to (still with effort because of busy life!) finish goals and make it to the final prize. Now since they made parts need to be 40 each, and only new parts, etc. I can't finish a goal anymore considering my actual life outside the game anymore. And if I wanted to skip a recipe, 60 gems?? That's a lot of money..and they not getting it because they made no effort to sugar coat the greed...I really wanted that new house at the end but I ain't spending 200 gems for it, it ain't worth that. At least they did right by the side goal and re release the old house. That o got and is the only thing I'm happy with from this Halloween goal

TwixAndScones
10-11-18, 01:53 AM
I agree - I won't be using the Witch after I'm done with goal.. those foods are awful. I get that it's a joke, though.. the witch tricks you and gives you things you don't want (although the names are swapped, with the butler being "tricky" and the witch being "witchy treats").
LOL.. If they did lumps of coal for Christmas, that would be awful! But I wouldn't be surprised *smh*

I like cutesy food and decos, so this final goal prize is fine with me :)

Lol that is true, now that you pointed it out. :) but that was just a theory, I thought it made sense, (aside from the wrong names though!)

kayjco
10-11-18, 03:41 AM
First RS steals my parts.

Now, I come over to BS & start getting parts from my Collectibles. I gather ten of each, but when I go to my appliance, ten of the orange one did not get applied. They did get deleted from my collectibles, though.

If the game is just going to demand random amounts of parts, why put numbers on the appliances?

I think that apples and toothpaste are kind of amusing, but would have been better as parts, not things we put out. It is not like we can make these items during other months. The witch appliance would limit its use to Halloween. So, the recipes should have been Halloweeny. IMO.

I am really kind of UP TO HERE with me collecting enough parts and then the game stealing them. Come on.

kayjco
10-11-18, 03:43 AM
*sigh* I?ve been playing BS since at least 2010, possibly late 2009. I?ve had several bakeries that have come and gone. This is, by far, the worst Halloween event of all time. My bakery is Halloween themed year round and I save up a ton of gems for decorations. Not only are the decorations too cutesy, they don?t match. I can make cute work, but the wallpaper doesn?t match anything. The tiles, tables and chairs looks like a rainbow threw up. But the final kicker is the witch recipes. Apples? Raisins? TOOTHPASTE? This is every kiddos worst nightmare. I love the creative cakes and other Halloween items we have cooked over the years. They are part of my decor. This is just lazy and boring and not in the spirit of Halloween. Just wanted to throw in my two cents before I leave this game forever. Because at this rate, I don?t feel like making lumps of coal for Christmas.

We will not be making lumps of coal. We will be knocking ourselves out to finish a Candy Cane goal. Then, once we have finally accomplished it, they will take the candy canes back.

dontidae
10-11-18, 07:50 AM
Ok, I started but will not be finishing this goal.
The tables and chairs and floor tiles are AWFUL.
I don't like the pup or neon buckets or family costume either.
But in order to get the main goal prize I MUST purchase them? No. Spend tons of gems to skip? No.
I've decided the cute final prize is NOT worth it.
The foods in the witchy oven? NO. Yeah, I get it. Tricks. Ugly tricks. We love our bakeries. We take pride in our bakeries. We love to decorate our bakeries. We do not want ugly tricks throughout our bakeries!
I have 3 questions:

1. WHY IS STORM8 NOT MAKING CHANGES THAT SUPPORT PLAYER FEEDBACK? The goals are getting RIDICULOUS. Not only is there not enough time to finish. Not only are the decorations getting uglier. Not only are the parts required so many that everyone is struggling instead of having fun. Not only are the recipe times getting longer so that it's even more impossible to finish. Not only is everything getting more expensive so that by the time you finish a new goal you can barely afford to make any recipes let alone decorate. But everyone is giving this feedback over and over again an no one is listening.

2. WHY, IF THERE WAS A SURVEY TAKEN WHERE THE OUTCOME SHOWED THAT 71.39% OF PLAYERS WANT A LONGER GOAL TIME, IS THE CURRENT GOAL ONLY 15 DAYS AGAIN??????

3. WHY AM I STILL PLAYING BAKERY STORY????? Where is the game I LOVED SO MUCH? This is not the same game! It's stressful. It's wildly unorganized. It's completely frustrating. And no one is listening. Ugh!!! I WANT MY FUN LOVELY BAKERY STORY GAME BACK!!!! PLEEEEEEASE?!

Juey_
10-11-18, 07:52 AM
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47802&stc=1&d=1539268285
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47803&stc=1&d=1539268299
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47804&stc=1&d=1539268346

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47805&stc=1&d=1539268446
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47806&stc=1&d=1539268462
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47807&stc=1&d=1539268491
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47808&stc=1&d=1539268519

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47809&stc=1&d=1539268649
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47810&stc=1&d=1539268664
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47811&stc=1&d=1539268679

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47812&stc=1&d=1539268790
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47813&stc=1&d=1539268802
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47814&stc=1&d=1539268824

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47815&stc=1&d=1539268920
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47816&stc=1&d=1539268934
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47817&stc=1&d=1539268953
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47818&stc=1&d=1539268964

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47819&stc=1&d=1539269076
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47820&stc=1&d=1539269100

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47821&stc=1&d=1539269196
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47822&stc=1&d=1539269209
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47823&stc=1&d=1539269224

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47824&stc=1&d=1539269329
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47825&stc=1&d=1539269341

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47826&stc=1&d=1539269404
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47827&stc=1&d=1539269414
https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47828&stc=1&d=1539269440

https://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47829&stc=1&d=1539269448

myroute66
10-11-18, 09:25 AM
But in order to get the main goal prize I MUST purchase them? No. Spend tons of gems to skip? No.
The foods in the witchy oven? NO. Yeah, I get it. Tricks. Ugly tricks. We love our bakeries. We take pride in our bakeries. We love to decorate our bakeries. We do not want ugly tricks throughout our bakeries!
I have 3 questions:

1. WHY IS STORM8 NOT MAKING CHANGES THAT SUPPORT PLAYER FEEDBACK? The goals are getting RIDICULOUS. Not only is there not enough time to finish. Not only are the decorations getting uglier. Not only are the parts required so many that everyone is struggling instead of having fun. Not only are the recipe times getting longer so that it's even more impossible to finish. Not only is everything getting more expensive so that by the time you finish a new goal you can barely afford to make any recipes let alone decorate. But everyone is giving this feedback over and over again an no one is listening.

2. WHY, IF THERE WAS A SURVEY TAKEN WHERE THE OUTCOME SHOWED THAT 71.39% OF PLAYERS WANT A LONGER GOAL TIME, IS THE CURRENT GOAL ONLY 15 DAYS AGAIN??????

3. WHY AM I STILL PLAYING BAKERY STORY????? Where is the game I LOVED SO MUCH? This is not the same game! It's stressful. It's wildly unorganized. It's completely frustrating. And no one is listening. Ugh!!! I WANT MY FUN LOVELY BAKERY STORY GAME BACK!!!! PLEEEEEEASE?!
Ditto, I agree 100 percent...I keep asking the same questions

baker9081
10-11-18, 11:04 AM
I have 3 questions:

I doubt they read the forums much. I would think that you?d grab their attention the most by leaving negative reviews on the App Store.

I see it still has a very good rating of 4.1 so that might be why they?re not bothering to change anything.

You said everyone is struggling and not having fun and that everyone is giving the same feedback, but that is simply not true. Many of us have no issues with the new changes to goals. I actually like the new changes.

I respect your opinion, but don?t say that everyone thinks the same way, because they don?t.

vampgirl31
10-11-18, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know what the little colorful pumpkins at the top that says hard candy is for?

AnnirasSweets
10-11-18, 04:49 PM
Does anyone know what the little colorful pumpkins at the top that says hard candy is for?

Hard Candy is a part used to construct the first Goal Oven, the Tricky Butler.

The colorful pumpkins are collectibles that are randomly dropped from cooking and serving recipes on either of the new ovens (Tricky Butler or Witchy Treats) which you use in the Collectibles Menu Tab to trade for oven parts. If you trade the pumpkins under the Hard Candy row, you receive one Hard Candy part to use in building more ovens.

lexiem134
10-12-18, 08:49 AM
Did anyone have a glitch where it finished a goal, allowed you to go onto the next goal, take your money for buying tables and chairs & the costumes family and when you went back on the app it reset and you didn?t finish the goal but it still took your money for purchasing the items?

If that makes sense.... lol.

monstertop
10-12-18, 11:01 AM
Did anyone have a glitch where it finished a goal, allowed you to go onto the next goal, take your money for buying tables and chairs & the costumes family and when you went back on the app it reset and you didn?t finish the goal but it still took your money for purchasing the items?

You have to be careful with playing the game with there's weak wifi or data connection. Sometimes, you've performed the action like you said and then you close the app thinking it was done. But it doesn't get synced to the server fully. I've had numerous occurrences where I've made food or I've collected my part from the collections. But when I reopened the app, it's back to how it was before except the collection items and/or money are gone.

grumpwitch
10-12-18, 12:14 PM
Ok, there are only 7(6?) days left of goal & I just got a new bit to it...to download their (storm8's) Home Design game in order to earn the candy parts needed for witch/butler. What's that about??? 😕

AnnirasSweets
10-12-18, 04:06 PM
Ok, there are only 7(6?) days left of goal & I just got a new bit to it...to download their (storm8's) Home Design game in order to earn the candy parts needed for witch/butler. What's that about??? ��

I've seen posts of this cropping up in other s8 games -- apparently this is a new cross promotional thing s8 is doing. The downside is, not all players are receiving these new goals for event materials which doesn't seem fair.

I suppose it's too new to tell but I think the new promotional goals can go one of two ways: they could be like the daily gem videos and stay totally random or they'll take the place of the older cross promotional goals and all players will eventually get them.

I know which I'd prefer and I know I'd be much more likely to download and play their other non-story games if I won prizes connected to current events in my main games. It would also be awesome to finally get rid of those year long goals that most players ignore.

If you do the goal, could you report back which parts and the amounts you receive? I'm interested enough to track this new reward system even if I am excluded at the present time.

grumpwitch
10-12-18, 07:46 PM
I've seen posts of this cropping up in other s8 games -- apparently this is a new cross promotional thing s8 is doing. The downside is, not all players are receiving these new goals for event materials which doesn't seem fair.

I suppose it's too new to tell but I think the new promotional goals can go one of two ways: they could be like the daily gem videos and stay totally random or they'll take the place of the older cross promotional goals and all players will eventually get them.

I know which I'd prefer and I know I'd be much more likely to download and play their other non-story games if I won prizes connected to current events in my main games. It would also be awesome to finally get rid of those year long goals that most players ignore.

If you do the goal, could you report back which parts and the amounts you receive? I'm interested enough to track this new reward system even if I am excluded at the present time.

I'm afraid to download it in case I lose my free gems video thingies! Same thing has popped up on r/s ( though ?ot related to current goal there) & I've not downloaded it for same reason (that it might affect free gems on b/s). Sorry for being such a coward but lost the gem option on r/s by using speed up recipe option, anyhoo it says you get 8 candy parts by completing the stages (3, so same as side goal) so not really that helpful....imo 😁

AnnirasSweets
10-12-18, 08:19 PM
I'm afraid to download it in case I lose my free gems video thingies! Same thing has popped up on r/s ( though ?ot related to current goal there) & I've not downloaded it for same reason (that it might affect free gems on b/s). Sorry for being such a coward but lost the gem option on r/s by using speed up recipe option, anyhoo it says you get 8 candy parts by completing the stages (3, so same as side goal) so not really that helpful....imo ��

Thanks for sharing the info you have on these new goals. Since the Side Goals are no longer dropping parts, this might be a good alternative for those players who need the extra help building the required ovens.

That said, I do hope they start offering these goals to everyone because who doesn't want a chance to obtain free parts quickly?

twospoons
10-13-18, 12:43 PM
Thanks for sharing the info you have on these new goals. Since the Side Goals are no longer dropping parts, this might be a good alternative for those players who need the extra help building the required ovens.

That said, I do hope they start offering these goals to everyone because who doesn't want a chance to obtain free parts quickly?

Well, I don't, but only in comparison! I liked earning free gems from downloading/playing other games much better, though that really dried up when they stopped releasing new versions for android.

That, and the steps after downloading the game must be to reach various levels, so it may not be all that quick.

Facht
10-13-18, 05:34 PM

Try writing or deleting something on your own wall before closing... I sometimes just write x, and then delete it. It usually updates my bakery, and works better (for me at least) than visiting a neighbor. I mostly use it to collect the tips I've received while playing...

tatermaters
10-14-18, 05:37 PM
Are we really ever going to use the 4 new parts again? When we have a 5 day goal it is an old oven that uses old parts. Every 15 day goal requires 4 new parts. Does anyone know?

AnnirasSweets
10-14-18, 08:20 PM
Are we really ever going to use the 4 new parts again? When we have a 5 day goal it is an old oven that uses old parts. Every 15 day goal requires 4 new parts. Does anyone know?

Sorry, but there's no way to know for sure how things will go in the future because s8 won't make any comment on the what's to come as they "refuse to speculate."

I would say that it seems like this is the new normal (15 Day Goals with 4 new parts, 5 Day Goals with an old appliance and parts) for the time being. Other than that it's just a matter of wait and see.

zeldashepard
10-15-18, 01:37 AM
Currently attempting to complete the Halloween goal. Just got the second oven and... SEVENTY TWO PARTS TO MAKE ONE APPLIANCE?! S8 just what are you smoking?

With us only able to receive 20 gifts and send 20 part requests daily, we can't build a new oven a day even if every one of our neighbors accept your part requests and gives you the parts as gifts.

Even with the little collectibles and me running 4 (FOUR!!!) other bakeries just for parts requests and gifts to my main bakery, i am still scraping by and most likely won't complete the goal. And that makes me sad bc the prize is cute and Halloween is my favorite holiday.

I normally buy 5 of each appliance per goal set, but with this new system of crazy number of parts, i can never actually build 5. Most i get to is 2, 3 if I'm lucky, and then I'm stressing out about completing the first part of a goal in time and getting to the 2nd appliance (that one i can never build more than 2) and i haven't been able to finish a goal in a while :/

I think S8 is trying to make it hard for us to get through these goals traditionally so we can buy a ton of gems to do it instead.

Rynetory2
10-15-18, 04:57 AM

To avoid sync issues, make sure you force save your game progress. See suggestions under section Sync Issues in What can I do to try to resolve my game issues? (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?98332-Bakery-Story-WIP-thread&p=1413156&viewfull=1#post1413156)

rusticjess
10-15-18, 08:23 AM
Currently attempting to complete the Halloween goal. Just got the second oven and... SEVENTY TWO PARTS TO MAKE ONE APPLIANCE?! S8 just what are you smoking?

With us only able to receive 20 gifts and send 20 part requests daily, we can't build a new oven a day even if every one of our neighbors accept your part requests and gives you the parts as gifts.

Even with the little collectibles and me running 4 (FOUR!!!) other bakeries just for parts requests and gifts to my main bakery, i am still scraping by and most likely won't complete the goal. And that makes me sad bc the prize is cute and Halloween is my favorite holiday.

I normally buy 5 of each appliance per goal set, but with this new system of crazy number of parts, i can never actually build 5. Most i get to is 2, 3 if I'm lucky, and then I'm stressing out about completing the first part of a goal in time and getting to the 2nd appliance (that one i can never build more than 2) and i haven't been able to finish a goal in a while :/

I think S8 is trying to make it hard for us to get through these goals traditionally so we can buy a ton of gems to do it instead.

I know how you feel because I feel the same way. Unfortunately it seems the best way to complete their goals is to not have a life outside the game. I didn't think I would finish however I finally did, mind you with 3 days to spare :/ Normally wouldn't take me until this point.

I too struggle to build more than 3 ovens with the new goal, but I managed to build 5 witches because I used s8's advantage that they gave us, which is the collectables...that doesn't have a limit on it so as you try to build witches, you should be baking your heart on on butler's so that you get as many collectables as possible. With this method I was able to build my witches finally without only relying on neighbors

AnnirasSweets
10-15-18, 06:09 PM
I got a new Value Pack offer today:

Might be nice for newer players that missed out on the Frankenstein Table's previous releases. Though if they have to add event materials, I think it would be better if they offered fully built appliances instead of individual parts, especially this late in the goal. I would think appliances would likely be more useful to those who need the help which in turn would be added incentive for those players thinking of purchasing but still on the fence.

twospoons
10-15-18, 10:01 PM
I got a new Value Pack offer today:

Might be nice for newer players that missed out on the Frankenstein Table's previous releases. Though if they have to add event materials, I think it would be better if they offered fully built appliances instead of individual parts, especially this late in the goal. I would think appliances would likely be more useful to those who need the help which in turn would be added incentive for those players thinking of purchasing but still on the fence.

Or at least include all parts for the 2nd appliance if you're going to offer it so late. I hope 30 of each of 2nd appliance parts would be more useful than including some 1st appliance parts at this point for most players. (Not that an actual appliance wouldn't be the most useful thing, but if they insist on parts, at least 30 per is almost a whole stove.)

TwixAndScones
10-16-18, 02:29 PM
This is for reference
If anyone would like to buy it/is think about buying it.

It is 3x3 item.
(A picture from my bakery)

twospoons
10-16-18, 03:53 PM
Well, failed again! I think I could finish for about 16 gems if I was really good for the next 2 days, but since I can only get gems from mastering at this point, it's not really worth it. Another disappointment!

monstertop
10-17-18, 11:16 AM
Well, failed again! I think I could finish for about 16 gems if I was really good for the next 2 days, but since I can only get gems from mastering at this point, it's not really worth it. Another disappointment!

If you're that close, I'd think about whether or not the final prize is worth 16 gems. I'd go for it. It's much cheaper than getting buying a decoration for 20+ gems and guaranteed rather than trying for a good decoration from a box at 24 gems.